AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinko
Scooter
Scooter
Rinko

DigiPartner : 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. 048Renamon
PokéPartner : 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. 570

【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Empty
PostSubject: 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.   【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 pm

So yesterday my mom kind of made me depressed/annoyed.

Here goes the story…

So, I told my mom that I was thinking to cut my hair shorter and get a different hairstyle and naturally, she asked me how short and what style. Now, the haircut is a old-ish haircut that one of my favorite trap-singers had, and I really like it. I think it’s a nice cut since my hair has been the same since basically seventh grade (all my hairstyles seem to end up looking the same after awhile). And this singer doesn’t show her real face in her songs, instead she has a PV with her drawn avatar on it so I looked up her avatar and showed my mom the picture.

However, instead of saying something positive or just nodding or whatever, my mom glares at me and tells me not to show her anything unless it’s a real picture and I “need to get out of my little anime world and live in fucking reality” (that’s what she basically meant by it, she’s told me this thousands of times before).

Like… seriously? Not everything I do is because of a anime character. Oh, look my daughter likes having short hair, that’s probably because of a anime character. Oh, my daughter like mochi, that’s probably because of a anime. Oh look, my daughter dress a certain style, that totally must be from a anime character.
And that, m’dears, is basically what my mom thinks of me. Sucks, doesn’t it?

Yes, I will admit; I like anime a lot, I like the Japanese culture and learning about Japan a lot, some of the things I like is influence because of an anime (for example; I saw character eating mochi on a anime, so I grew curious and got some myself. I eventually grew to like it a lot.) but that doesn’t every frickin’ thing I do or like is because of it. Anime has been a big part of my life, I’ve watched it ever since I was really small and it gave me friends and a passion to recreate stuff similar or like it. It’s even made me more open-minded and willing to learn about different cultures. I mean, c’mon, if it wasn’t for Hetalia then I wouldn’t have the interest about learning about history and other countries as I do now.

I’m sick of her always thinking everything I do has to do anime just because I like (And just for the record, it’s been literally months since I’ve watched anime by the way). What? Does she want me to smoke or drink instead of watching cartoons, reading, and wanting to draw like a professional or overall having a dream like any other kid? Because I don’t know about you, but I think the latter is more acceptable.

Plus the hairstyle isn’t even outrageous or anything; it’s just short with bangs basically. I mean does this look hard to do for a hairdresser (and note that hairdresser go to school to get their jobs as one). No spikes sticking out over the place, no funny looking braids or ponytails, no unreasonable long hair or anything -- just a short hair length with side bangs that's shaggy, for a basic description.

Spoiler:

I don’t mind if it doesn’t like exactly (like it like if every hair isn’t cut right, I won’t mind), I just want something like this because they always tell me, “We can’t do something exactly like the picture” whether it’s a cartoon picture or picture of a real person so I don’t see why my mom’s getting her blood pressure so high about.

But meh, that’s just me. I’m just annoyed that she thinks completely everything I do is because I like anime when that’s not the case.

Last edited by Rin Rin Signal on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.   【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Now, I see where you're coming from by all this Rinny, but I also understand where you're mother's coming from all this as well.

Just because other people don't care for anime and all that jazz, doesn't necessarily mean it's because of your liking of it. Personally speaking, anime is getting suffocating. I know there isn't anywhere in my town I can go without seeing /someone/ wearing/talking/drawing anime and the like.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't like it anymore or grow up or anything like that, I'm just trying to get a point across that I see with a lot of fans here. In fact there's this girl who parades around in a giant trench coat and Lolita dresses, stockings/socks and all. Now, she's taken things a bit to far, but if it appeals to her and she isn't getting butthurt than let it be.

I also understand how frustrating it is when people give picture of animated characters and ask for their hair to be styled and cut like so, I've been shadowing a hair dresser for a while now. She get's fed up because no matter how you do it, it'll never turn out like you want it. Which is even true with actual picture of people. Hair is hard.

I feel like this is a rant within a rant now, so I'll go ahead and wrap things up, sometimes the rough patches fall hand in hand with the calm, cheerful ones. I'm sure in time your mother will understand how much it means to you, and vice verse.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
Rinko
Scooter
Scooter
Rinko

DigiPartner : 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. 048Renamon
PokéPartner : 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. 570

PostSubject: Re: 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.   【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Now, I see where you're coming from by all this Rinny, but I also understand where you're mother's coming from all this as well.

Just because other people don't care for anime and all that jazz, doesn't necessarily mean it's because of your liking of it. Personally speaking, anime is getting suffocating. I know there isn't anywhere in my town I can go without seeing /someone/ wearing/talking/drawing anime and the like.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't like it anymore or grow up or anything like that, I'm just trying to get a point across that I see with a lot of fans here. In fact there's this girl who parades around in a giant trench coat and Lolita dresses, stockings/socks and all. Now, she's taken things a bit to far, but if it appeals to her and she isn't getting butthurt than let it be.

I also understand how frustrating it is when people give picture of animated characters and ask for their hair to be styled and cut like so, I've been shadowing a hair dresser for a while now. She get's fed up because no matter how you do it, it'll never turn out like you want it. Which is even true with actual picture of people. Hair is hard.

I feel like this is a rant within a rant now, so I'll go ahead and wrap things up, sometimes the rough patches fall hand in hand with the calm, cheerful ones. I'm sure in time your mother will understand how much it means to you, and vice verse.

I understand that.

I'm sure there's lots of kids here who like anime. However, what I'm talking about is my mom tends to think that everything I do has something to do with it, which isn't true. She's told me lots of times before (exactly worded), "Not everything is about your fucking anime, get a life". And she says that at times where I'm not even talking about it (I don't talk about it with her because I know she doesn't understand it). It just makes me annoyed that she thinks that everything I talk about is anime when it isn't. Yes, I have times where I slip up, like any person but rarely.

I also understand about hair too. I know it's hard to make it the same thing with just pictures, whether it's a picture of a cartoon or real person. I know that fact very well since everybody tells me it when I go get my haircut. And like I said in my rant, I don't, at all, expect it to be the same, I just merely use it as a reference, basically as long as I keep my right side bangs and get shorter hair than I have now and it's a bit shaggy then I'm good. I don't expect things to be exactly the same.

In a way, this is just about my mother talking crap, it kinda gets to me and makes me insecure about things. It stings sometimes seriously, I don't expect her to like it but I don't want her to think down on me for it.

But, thanks for taking time to give me your opinion on things. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.   【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

【Rinny's Annoying Rants】MOTHER PLEASE.
Page 1 of 1