AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Fandom Abuse and Fandoms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Fandom Abuse and Fandoms 2nged5x

Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Fandom Abuse and Fandoms   Fandom Abuse and Fandoms Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am

Fandom Abuse

I've been told 'you're stupid for letting other people ruin a fandom for you!'. And that in general ticks me off. Well, of course I'm going to get ticked off by fandom abuse. I look all over the net for pictures, fan art, information, fan fiction, and sometimes, am just looking to find a character to find a crap ton of Mary-Sue's paired with my favorite canon character, either dragging the canon character down or just flat out ruining their personalities.

It makes me realize that a lot of people just don't browser their own fandoms as much as people say they do.

For instance - I grew up with Sonic. Sonic and I, we literally grew up with each other as the series is now 20 years old (I'm grounded in real life though - metaphorically speaking, we grew up with each other.) When I was a kid, my brother always bought the comics. He let me read them when he was done and I went through those suckers in a couple hours. I loved Sonic as a kid - so, coming on my teenage years, I really liked the Sonic games that had come out at the time.

But, I started browsing the fan fiction and the fan art and found that the fandom was horrible (keep in mind, this is after I started researching was a Sue was and all - I was able to understand the length of how bad some of these characters really were). Slowly, I just lost interest in Sonic.

I went from someone who read the comics so often, I could see the panels in my mind when I closed my eyes; to someone so disconnected from the fandom that I never spoke about liking it in the first place.

Sonic Generations brought my interest back - and if it wasn't for that game, I probably would still be hiding the fact that I liked the series.

Honestly, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet; but I still love Pokemon - and it's most likely because I don't look around for fan art or fan fiction as much for the series. Cause I already know what I find is most likely gonna suck.

There's only a point however, where I can ignore it and it doesn't last long.

So don't tell me the fandom abuse can't kill interest or that I'm stupid for letting people ruin it for me. Because I'm not. It does kill interest. And I would know. Can't even touch Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy with a twenty foot pool because of fandom abuse.

Fandoms

Here are some things I get frustrated with fandoms in general. Two examples - Resident Evil and Silent Hill - The fandom not only has a lot of abuse but both series have bat shit insane fans who will drag you through the dirt if you don't agree with them.. It's either you agree with them or you don't like the series at all.

I have seriously heard from a Silent Hill fan that if you don't know at least one name of a band member who making the music for the Silent Hill games, then you're not really a fan at all.

Well hell! I don't care about the band! I care about the music! So, apparently, I'm not a fan!

Here's another - If you haven't played all the Resident Evil games, you're not really a fan.

Logically, I'm not paying an arm and a leg to track down and buy every Resident Evil game ever made. That's irrational and stupid. Plus, not ever generation is going to be able to do that either. So the argument is all for not.

So, I never say that I like either of these series even though I'm very passionate about both of them. Because the last thing I want to get into an argument about is over something about friggen Ada Wong whom I hate with a passion of a thousand suns.

But I digress.

I just want to be able to enjoy my fandoms without the Sue's and horrible fan art/fan fiction but also without the people who try to jam their opinion down your throat of whether or not you're a 'real fan'.

Cause at the end of the day, I just want to enjoy what I like without my interest getting killed by the people.

Cheers

Oki
Back to top Go down

Fandom Abuse and Fandoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AssassinsDen :: Forum Lounge :: Rants and Reviews-
Jump to: