AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Thoughts on Journey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Thoughts on Journey 2nged5x

Thoughts on Journey Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I've been watching Pewdiepie's Journey play through. It's got me really interested in the game. Since he stopped off before the ending (so far), I looked it up myself. I can say I am very, very intrigued by what this game was made to be.

Contains minor spoilers~. Don't read on if you don't want to ruin it for yourself~.

The idea in general is a metaphor for our own lives. We're born, our journey is long and we'll meet several people within it - those who may live throughout our lives and those who might sadly part before us (which, within Journey, there is always someone traveling with you if you allow online players to jump in. Toward the end, both players die only to be given new energy to finish their journey together), eventually our journey ends. The cycle repeats itself, new life is born and the journey inevitably starts over.

Of course, that's simply my view on it.

I've read quite a few theories since looking into this whole game and I must say, there are quite a few. It all ends in the same way however. We are born, we die, the cycle repeats and a new life begins.

I don't know. There's something oddly beautiful about it. The fact that a game can throw such a heavy truth toward it's players strikes a cord with me. It's such a beautiful thing.

Regardless, I'm hoping to invest in a PS3 eventually. I want to play Journey myself as well as the other two games thatgamecompany has created (Flow and Flower).

The beauty of it all is what got me so intrigued. The meaning behind it, well, that's a whole different story.
Back to top Go down
Angel_the_Claymore
Tiny Tina
Tiny Tina
Angel_the_Claymore

PokéPartner : Thoughts on Journey 196

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm

*gasp*~ Are you a fellow bro~? (Are you subscribed to PewDiePie?)
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Angel_the_Claymore wrote:
*gasp*~ Are you a fellow bro~? (Are you subscribed to PewDiePie?)

I am...but I more over simply wanted to discuss Journey, not Pewdie. I fully admit that without being subbed to Pewdie, I probably wouldn't have looked into Journey as I did now...I was more focusing on the symbolism within the game rather than Pewds.
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 pm

I've been meaning to check that out. Just haven't got around to it, plus, when I go on YouTube I never do anything productive then just listen to music. I saw it in his feed, so I'll get around to it since the video is in my watch later list.
Back to top Go down
http://starryeyedwriters.forumotion.com/u5
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Other interesting theories that I've come across -

• Once you reach the mountain and have gotten to the star, you (and your partner) will turn into light and travel back the way you have come. It is believed that you are the guild light to other travelers who are making the same journey.

• The whole world is a post apocalyptic plain. Because of the powers that the 'travelers' originally created, it is believed that there was a great war between two people. The power was split and eventually caused the destruction of the world. As such, the cities were buried in sand. The traveler is meant to go on a journey and learn about their pasts.

• Like above, some theorize that the traveler are 'young ones' who need to be taught of their history and experience what those of the past had experienced.

• The journey is never complete until the traveler finds themselves in a whole, learns who they are, who they're meant to be. Until that enlightenment is reached, the journey inevitably continues.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Thoughts on Journey Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I really need to do some digging and put some money in my PSN wallet to check the game out myself.

It looks aesthetically pleasing. I haven't seen game artwork/graphics like that in a long time. And I do enjoy a good theory.

I believe you mentioned online partners? If you can manage to scrounge up for that PS3 we'll have to trade gamer tags and team up if we can.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:
I really need to do some digging and put some money in my PSN wallet to check the game out myself.

It looks aesthetically pleasing. I haven't seen game artwork/graphics like that in a long time. And I do enjoy a good theory.

I believe you mentioned online partners? If you can manage to scrounge up for that PS3 we'll have to trade gamer tags and team up if we can.

It is a beautiful game and one that took a lot of chances. It's simple but sometimes, that's better. The quality of it really makes people want to reply it despite it being so short. Nothing wrong with that though! I'd do it even if I wasn't meant to~.

The best thing about the whole theory thing is it's so open ended, anything one could come up with could be right. There is no wrong answer to this game or it's end. Any number of things could be correct but it's not that kind of 'open ended' that leaves you dissatisfied. It leaves you thinking~. It's the best kind of open ended~.

Ah, yes. Multiplayer is a big thing in it. Mostly because of the idea of meeting a nameless, faceless person in the game actually has a heavy impact as you go through. Despite not knowing the other person most of the time, the players still kind of have this bond going on.

I'm not sure how the whole thing works though. If you can go about joining up with friends or if it's just random. I'd have to poke around or we'd have to wait until I get a PS3 and we both had the games ourselves.

I'd certainly hope we could connect in the game though~. That would be really boss~.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Journey   Thoughts on Journey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Journey
Page 1 of 1