AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Grenin10

[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Layla gnawed at her lip, turning her gaze away from him. She felt she shouldn't have spoken up. She didn't know if he was protecting himself or others or even her but it didn't hurt any less. She was putting all of her trust in him. Why could he not do the same for her?

"I see," she muttered in response.

She fell silent again after that. She didn't have a want or a need to speak up. Pangs or frustration ran through her but she did her best to quash them. These were emotions she hadn't felt in a long time. She recalled how easily they had swallowed her up. Whatever the act, she didn't want to make a scene.

It wasn't any less frustrating for her however, not getting a straight answer or listening to these warnings. Why she was hurt so easily by this, she couldn't begin to understand. She tried not to focus on it, instead, focusing on the silence around them.

----[x]----

Benga snorted in response. He watched as she laid her head back down, listening to his heartbeat. It embarrassed him a little, knowing that she could hear how loudly it pounded against his chest. He had no doubt that she was feeling the same however.

"I don't think I'll sleep," He noted after a moment. "Leave it for the night."

If he slept now through the day, he doubted that he was sleep that night. It would throw his pattern off, even if it was bad enough what with having to deal with Genesis. He couldn't risk it getting any worse at this point. There was no telling what might set off a small pattern.

Silence fell around them again and he found he didn't mind it so much. It was nice to just relax once in a while. That was a luxury, after all. There was no telling when they'd be sent on another mission or if he would be sent alone.

Benga would rather avoid that however. They had always been together in their missions.

Still, it was a possibility and he found he'd rather take the time to simply enjoy the things around them for as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 509

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Lance spared another quick glance Layla's way, studying her. She didn't look at all pleased. In fact she looked to be biting back any annoyance and frustration that was bubbling up in her. A frown marred his expression at this though he chose not to comment on it. Anything more he might say would most likely drive her to unleash it all at him. Perhaps it would be best to let her cool off for the time being.

Instead he listened to the sounds that filled the silence. Breezes rustled the deadened leaves of trees and bushes around them and the occasional Pokemon would scurry on by. It was peaceful in that nothing was startling. Nothing rushed out to attack or to stop them. It was a change of pace from what Genesis had inflicted on the world now-a-days.

Lance spared a glance towards the sky. It was getting closer towards noon, that much was for certain. It was impossible to tell the exact position of the sun with the constant cloud cover.

He hummed in thought. It wouldn't be too long before they would reach the first area he knew rebels took to. No doubt word would begin to spread that Lance was out and about. If Clair was nearby she would hear it and come investigation out of curiosity.

Occasionally, along their trek, Lance looked back to Layla. She still looked rather sour and he wondered what was going through her mind yet again. He resisted asking again. Her Weavile looked like he might react if given enough incentive.

----[x]----

Blaire couldn't be sure how much time passed in silence between them. Over time she could make out Benga's heart resuming a normal pace again and she sighed contentedly. It had been a long time since they had been able to sit back and just laze about. She wondered if they would have done they same if the mission hadn't been a complete disaster.

Driving more unsavory thoughts to the side she instead took to playing with the string of pokeballs that served as Benga's necklace. She had been doing this more and more often lately though Benga never seemed to mind.

"We should probably go see Papa Bear soon," she mumbled.

Even though she brought it up she made no move to get up off of Benga. She was a little too content to jump right up and get a start on the day.

She lifted her head up, placing her chin over her arm to watch Benga. Her movements were still a little slow but once she got moving they would be quicker. She had no incentive to start that process just yet, however.

"Pretty sure he'll be wanting to know about the paint all over."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Layla wasn't sure how long their time was spent in silence but she wasn't keen on breaking it. Often, she'd take to patting Crux, either to calm his leers toward Lance or just to make sure he was alright.

Every time he'd glance at her or make sure she was still following, she'd look away or lower her gaze. Even these actions frustrated her. Why did she had to remain so silent about it? She shouldn't have to. Had the abuse made her this way? She found she wasn't even sure.

She gnawed at her lip again, turning her gaze toward something else. The frustration bubbled in her chest until it finally boiled over.

"Why do you do this to me?" She finally inquired, throwing a hand up as if to show her frustrations physically. "You show me, in some way, you care about my well being and then when I put my trust in you, which was never freely earned in the first place, mind you; you act as if you keep me at arm length?"

She paused, biting her lip again. It had been a long while since she felt she needed to do something like this. Letting it out however, helped.

"I don't get you. You act so emotionally crippled more times than not that I'm left questioning your entire intentions for me in the first place! What do you need me for Lance? Why do you even care?"

Layla finally paused in her words, looking away again. He'd asked her what was on her mind. She finally said it. Now she waited, fear gripping at her again, as if she expected to be struck for what she had said.

----[x]----

Benga snorted in response. He had long since put his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling, in his own thoughts. When she spoke up again, he reached out and ruffled her hair lightly. He wasn't so much worried about his grandfather.

"I doubt he much minds it," he responded lightly. "Knowing him, he'll be wanting to get more paint and chalk for the kids, if he can manage it."

That was very much true for him. Despite the situation being as bleak as it was, if Alder could take the chance to enjoy life, he would. Even when the world had gone so far under. He was alive and he lived for the now. He didn't believe in lives wasted.

Benga snorted slightly at the thought of it. "He'll be happy that we did it."

Still, he had to wonder if his grandfather would be thinking on the missions at hand, especially with Lance. Knowing him, he might have sent others to listen for rumors, the only source of information they could get in. Genesis' system was too hard to crack by means of hacking or the like.

"I don't really want to get up yet anyways..." He muttered, turning his head slightly. He could feel his cheeks warm again. Blaire would obviously know the reason.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Lance blinked, brow furrowing as Layla finally spoke up. He stopped, turning to survey her as she carried right on. In the short time they knew each other it seemed he had rode right on her nerves quick easily. He made no move to stop her, keeping his hands in his pockets and listening, if a little confused.

What had she expected? He was not a man who grew close to others. It was something everyone expected. It hadn't been as if he had asked her to trust him this much, either. He shook his head, observing her even now as she waited for his reaction.

In all honesty he was a little at a loss for words. What was he supposed to say? He couldn't very well give her the entire picture. That would be dangerous to her if others knew she had that information. Scowling he could only deduce that he would have to delve into his actions and reasoning more often for her sake.

The very thought left him a little uncomfortable. It was not something he had ever needed to do.

"I keep you at arm's length for my protection as much as your own. The last thing that either of us need is for another member within Genesis to take it upon themselves to attempt to use you against me if it were otherwise."

He paused, his scowl deepening. That was true enough and yet there was a small part of himself arguing and berating himself for that type of thinking. He did his best to quash it. He didn't need distractions when he was already treading a dangerous line as it were. Any slip up on his own part could spell his disaster much less adding Layla to that line with him. Besides if anyone in Genesis were to try to use her against him they would most likely not be above torture to attempt to wheedle out what secrets she may hold about him or his plans.

Lance was a little disconcerted when he became aware that the possibility of Layla being tortured sent a fiery anger burning through him.

"I suppose it would not hurt to explain our little excursion now," he relented, running his hand through his hair. "I - that is to say we - are seeking out my cousin Clair to make sure she has remained safe on the rebel lines. "

He paused, mulling it over. "Anything else you need to get off of your chest?"

----[x]----

Blaire hummed as he took to ruffling her hair for a moment. She didn't bother to go about fixing it. No doubt it was already a mess at the moment anyways. There would be no point until she was up and about for the day as it was.

"Which is exactly why he might be curious about it," she answered simply.

It was no secret that Alder enjoyed the little things in life even when things were so bleak. He'd undoubtedly want to make sure the kids could stay happy as they could manage in this kind of a situation. It was what made him so admirable and easily approached by those who needed help.

Benga's confession caused Blaire to stop for a moment, having to register it before she could say anything to it. By that time Benga had already averted his face from hers and in the shadows Blaire could make out the embarrassment that twisted his expression. Despite her own heart stutter-stepping in reply to this admission Blaire felt a smile pull at her lips.

She was rather flattered that he wanted to stay with her for the time being and ignore the rest of the world for little while.

"How come I've never noticed how cute you are when you're embarrassed?" she mumbled, burying her face into Benga's chest again. She didn't want her own bashfulness to betray her for the time being. Then again Benga knew her well enough to know when she was feeling shy.

Last edited by Mad Hatter's Passion on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:47 pm

What he said, they should have calmed her but the anger still swirled in her chest. He was trying to protect her yet, the thought miffed her. His attitude, it tore into her and left her angrier then before. She clenched her jaw, listening as he plowed on.

When he finally finished, she had not ceased glaring at him. He was inviting her to keep talking and she took it.

"Don't you use that 'higher than thou' attitude on me!" She shouted, throwing a hand up again. "You want to know what the problem is? That's it! I don't know how I let myself believe that you were any different than them!"

Layla began pacing, hot with anger and unable to calm her pounding heart. She was dizzy with anger, shook with rage and disappointment. Whether this was for herself or him, she had no idea. These emotions, ones that she had bottled up for so long, were spilling out and she was throwing them at the nearest target.

"You say you're not like them at all, but in you are." She throw her hand up again, shooting him a glare as she did so. "They never had any concern of human life and part of me believes you don't either." She paused only for a moment to mull it over. "What do you know of me other than my abuse and a few hobbies? What do I know of you? You expect me to be your ally for whatever reason, I have no inkling as to what, and I'm supposed to believe that you're doing this all to protect me but I can't suspend my disbelief in that! And you can't expect me to!"

She finally paused in her pacing, motioning with her hand on last time before it fell limply at her side. "How am I supposed to believe? What reasons do I have? You've been kind to me but I can't let that be the reason for placing my trust in you."

Layla let the words hang in the air. She wanted to trust him. She even felt something odd in her that she hadn't for anyone else she had met before. It was buried under her anger and frustrations for the moment and she wasn't sure if it would rise again. Part of her wished it would be able to. She didn't want to lose him. He was all she had left.

----[x]----

Benga hummed when she spoke up again. No doubt, his grandfather would be wondering but he didn't feel the need to get up yet. With how Blaire was not moving as well, he assumed it was the same for her. It was silent between them for some time before she spoke up again.

His fact immediately flushed at the words, his heart pounding in response. He wasn't sure as to what to say in response. It had caught him completely off guard. His mind was void to an thought, blood rushing to his face again.

"I...That's...I don't know...?" He stammered, unsure of what to say.

Benga huffed a little, find that his mind had betrayed him of any retort or response. He wasn't used to being this bashful. In fact, it was new territory for him, he found, and he wasn't quite liking it. It wasn't like this was normal for him, after all. Benga hadn't shown much interest in this kind of thing in the past and he knew it.

Carefully, he laid a hand on her shoulder, keeping her close to him despite his own shyness. He knew that she was ducking into hers as well.

"Yea, you're one to talk..." He finally manage to spit out, though it had taken him a considerable amount of time.

He sighed lightly after that, willing himself to calm again. These things, he'd have to take time to grow used to. Benga wasn't sure how long it would take but he would attempt them in strides. It wasn't like he knew how to react to these emotions correctly yet in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 am

Lance was a little taken aback at Layla's raised voice. His brow furrowed causing deep rivets over his forehead and his head inclined to the side as he studied her. She plowed right on, unhindered even as he pulled his hands from his pockets and folded his arms over his chest. Layla continued on for quite a few minutes, a vicious glare marring her expression.

He scoffed at the accusation she threw his way. Lance felt anger burning his chest, a smoldering thing that grew the longer she spoke until finally she drew quiet yet again. When Lance spoke it was quiet, no louder than he would normally speak though it was hard to miss the way his eyes grew dark and his jaw clenched tightly when he had to pause to gather his composure.

"Is that how you feel then?" He gestured around them to the trees and bushes and damp ground. "No one is here to stop you from leaving. You were the one, in fact, who sent your beloved Weavile to come locate me instead of following those rebels yesterday."

A pause followed as he waited for any motion Layla might back. It did not last long, a breeze blowing by and teasing the end of his cape, before he plowed right on.

"Perhaps my concern lies more with the Pokemon caught in the crossfire," Lance offered, seething. "And perhaps whatever I have planned is best hidden away until I can be sure that you will not run off the instant I have tracked down the rest of your Pokemon!"

With that he spun around and began walking again. Any other day he might very well have just left on Aerodactyl but a part of him was aching and guilty at his words. Lance found that he very much hoped that Layla would still tag along, however sorely their relationship might be at the moment.

----[x]----

Blaire chuckled. Benga sounded so confused and at a loss for words that it only confirmed to her that he was so cute when flustered. She gripped his shirt as he attempted to shoot back her own shyness though it was a moot point by the time he said it. Besides, she already knew that she was just as awkward with this situation as of the moment.

Still, that didn't mean that she couldn't still tease him about it while that awkwardness lasted.

"Maybe," she relented, sounding amused.

With a grunt she pushed herself up on her elbows so that she could look at Benga's face properly. She smiled, if a little hesitantly as she thought of something to tease him about now.

"You know, I'm gonna miss seeing you so adorably flustered when you get used to all this," she pointed out, if a little hopefully.

While they had already talked about giving things a try in this direction Blaire couldn't deny that any number of things could stop that idea cold. She found herself hoping that it wouldn't come to that and did her best to shove that unease to the side. It wasn't something she wanted to focus when she felt so content as of the moment.

Blaire made it a point not to glance away for once, even if her face was turning redder at the inadvertent admission she had made. A little part of her felt that it was important that she didn't.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 am

Layla stood ridged, feeling as if she'd been stabbed. Her feet were rooted to the ground, long after he had turned and started walking away. Her eyes welled up with tears. She didn't bother to wipe them away as they spilled over. Crux prodded her to move, to do something, but she found she was unable to respond.

It took her quite some time before she decided to follow again. She didn't have anywhere else to go, much less know anyone in the region or have anyone to go back to.

She kept her distance. If he was ten steps ahead, she made sure she stayed as far behind as possible. Whether this was because she often had to wipe away the tears blinded her or the fact that she was afraid of what he'd say or do, she wasn't sure.

She'd never felt so hurt, her heart throbbing in pain. Layla couldn't think of a reason as to why. Her mind was void of thought, dizzy over the emotions overwhelming her.

----[x]----

"Maybe I should get used to it faster," Benga jested back, glancing at her again. He couldn't help but smirk at her, knowing fully well that she was quite a bit shier then he was. It would affect her for quite some time.

He reached out, poking her cheek as she stared at him. She'd been doing that quite a bit. He grinned a little as he caught sight of the red on her cheeks. It was a tad hard to see in the darkness but he knew it was there, simply by touch alone.

"You're blushing." He attempted to jest, poking her cheek again.

He chuckled a little bit, finding amusement in it. He was glad he wasn't the only one who reacted this way, in such an awkward manner. In fact, it actually helped a little to know that she felt the same way he did. It made it easier on him, to take small steps and understand what was right to do and what wasn't.

"Like I said, if you need to take a picture, I'm sure there's a camera laying around somewhere." He plowed on, grinning as he did so.

Benga found he liked teasing her in these moments. It was easier to see that cuter, softer side that most never did get to see. Benga quite liked it, in fact, and hoped he would see it more often.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 am

Minutes seemed to pass before Lance felt the anger ebb away. The cold helped to sap away the heat that produced from it, overheating himself in even just his jacket and cape. The frown still remained on his lips though his mind was undeniably clearer now that it wasn't fogged by rage.

At the sound of faint footsteps following after he only spared the quickest of glances over his shoulder, catching sight of Layla following after and looking miserable. His frown deepened at that, guilt assailing him at full force. It was not something that he cared to admit plagued him now. Silence stretched on between them, Layla keeping her distance. Lance could occasionally hear the faintest of sobs that she did her best to bite back.

He wasn't sure how long this passed before he heaved a heavy sigh. If Layla was going to continue following along after him they couldn't very well be like this the entire time.

Lance drew to a halt, turning and surveying the young woman. She kept her distance, even then, refusing to come any closer. He shook his head and in five long steps was in front of her, unclasping his cape from around his neck. In one smooth motion he had it over her shoulders and in place.

"Really, with all of your shouting earlier I would have expected you to smack me instead of this," he grumbled a little indignantly in the process. Never-the-less he reached up with his thumb, brushing away a few tears that escaped Layla's ministrations.

----[x]-----

Blaire did her best to huff in protest to Benga's amusement at her red face. Despite this she couldn't stop smiling, ruining the effect it might have had. Benga poking at her cheek playfully wasn't helping her red face either though she had a feeling that he was very well aware of that fact.

"Yeah? Well maybe I'll be a little sad to see that happen," she shot back lightly, if a little timidly. "I rather like seeing you look so adorably lost."

Tentatively she took his hand in hers, guiding it back to her cheek and holding it there. Blaire bit at her lip, feeling her heart beat harder in response. She didn't remove her hand from over top his and she had no doubts that he would be able to feel just how warm her face was.

She did her best to try and calm her heart back down. Still, all of this between them was still rather new. All of these innocent shows of affection and playful, rather flirty acts would no doubt take time to gt used to with each new one used.

"Oh, don't tempt me! I might just have to go find that camera," Blaire teased back.

Really the idea didn't seem so bad. She had always liked to take photographs before. It had been her luck that the camera she had had once upon a time had gotten lost years ago. Blaire had never had the opportunity to replace it as other things came up that were much more important at the time.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:13 am

Layla found herself at a loss of any words, even as he tried to wipe her tears away. She couldn't being herself to look at him. Part of her felt shamed that she would even accuse him of what she did. She shouldn't have let that anger take hold of her and she felt guilty for allowing it.

Her throat burned, even as she attempted to calm herself. Her heart still throbbed and she found she couldn't reign in her composer.

She reached out, her fingers digging into his jacket as she puller herself closer to him. "I'm sorry," She muttered the apology, breaking into a fit of sobs again. "D-don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone."

Layla found, out of everything, she didn't want to lose him now. He was all she had, aside from her Pokemon. She couldn't even be certain they were safe. Loneliness ate away at her for months and finally reaching out to someone only for it to end up like this; she didn't want that.

She felt terribly for her actions, unsure if there was anything she could do to make up for it.

----[x]----

Benga felt his cheek warm again as she pressed his hand against her cheek. His heart pounded in response but he made no movement to pull his hand away nor did she seem to want this to happen. He remained rather silent, attempting to reign himself in.

He snorted as she spoke up again about the camera. "I shouldn't even try to put ideas in your head..." He retorted playfully. "You just run with them when you get the chance."

It had been true enough in the past. If he thought something up, Blaire was normally the one to carry through with it, dangerous or not. She simply had to do it, the idea put in her head. She would be off before he could even attempt to stop her. After a number of years, he simply stopped trying.

Benga sighed lightly, watching her for a moment after. He felt a little calmer now, though he wondered how long that kind of thing would last. Reaching out, he poked her forehead lightly.

"We're like to wee babies." He jested lightly. "Taking really, really small steps and blushing like school girls while doing it."

He felt he couldn't be blamed. It wasn't like he had focused on this kind of thing in the past. Neither of them had, really. Blaire might have flirted with the occasional guy, but she didn't quite get so serious with many of them. It was just how it had been. They were too caught up in their training for that kind of thing.

He wouldn't have imagined later that this would happen between them.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 am

Lance stopped when Layla grasped his jacket, pulling herself closer to him. He wasn't sure how to respond, not initially. What was the right thing to do? He had never been this needed by another person before. Pokemon were always his top priority and they were what he knew how to deal with. So what was the right way to deal with Layla?

Sighing again he placed his hand over her head, minding her hair piece. His thumb took to running back and forth in its small spot, dislodging her hair from around the hair ornament for the moment. The way his heart beat a little more forcefully in his chest was a foreign feeling to him and left Lance baffled. He had an inkling of what it was but did not wish to dwell on it for the time being.

"Then don't go anywhere," Lance said in a very matter-of-fact way, his voice low.

His free hand found its way to her free shoulder, as if to help keep her nearer to him. If Weavile had any reaction to any of this Lance did not take notice. At the moment he was keeping a close eye on Layla, making sure she was as alright as she could be in this situation.

The fact that his words had had this much affect on her made that guilty weight in the center of his chest grow heavier.

A quick glance to the sky had Lance worrying if it would dump rain on them again. In this sorry predicament it was the last thing that they would need.

----[x]----

Blaire felt her smile grow bigger as he continued to prod at her. He really did know her all too well. She supposed it was just something that everyone should expect after years of being nearly inseparable. Blaire was glad to know that the teasing wouldn't stop despite what might come.

"And yet you always supply new ideas to run off with when the chance shows up," she said easily. A chuckle escaped her after saying this.

Blaire flinched a little as Benga poked her, though he had been careful to avoid her bandage. She pouted a little at his words, mulling over a good enough response to them. Her still pink face only further proved what he pointed out.

Outside the bedroom door she could hear more and more people moving about, voices blending with one another. All of this was muffled by the door, blocking them from those outside. It helped to fill the silence that stretched for the time being, Blaire's mind blank of any good rebuttal.

"Well, if that's the case," she began, carefully picking her words. Blaire trailed off, turning her head just enough to press her lips to Benga's palm, her hand still keeping his there. Her face warmed again, and it was all she could do to keep looking at Benga.

"Then why don't you do something bolder?" she offered, her voice muffled by Benga's hand.

She pulled away then, still keeping his hand pressed to her cheek. Her heart picked up speed yet again, waiting to see how Benga would respond. If he didn't do anything Blaire wouldn't blame him. Neither were exactly sure how much was quite acceptable given the circumstances. Hell, Blaire couldn't be sure neither would be sure even if the world wasn't how it was.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Layla wasn't sure how long she remained there, her sobs eventually calming as she wiped at her tears. The air seemed colder around them though she didn't so much take notice of it. She felt drained even if it was only the middle of the day. Most of all guilty for starting the entire ordeal.

"I'm sorry," she finally muttered again, drying the last of her tears. "I shouldn't have said those things..."

The fact that he had done and was still doing so much for her left her feeling lousy for even thinking of accusing him. She was frustrated, unable to read him or understand him. He wouldn't allow it. From what he had claimed, it was for their own benefit. Whatever he was up to, it couldn't be known.

She felt worse knowing that, still unable to bring herself to look up at him.

Layla swallowed thickly, trying to clear the pain from her throat. It didn't seem to help and was left dry and scratchy. She pushed her bangs out of her eyes only for them to fall back into place, regardless of the effort.

She was beginning to feel as if apologizing was the only thing she was good at.

----[x]----

Benga felt his heart leap into his throat at the suggestion. He wasn't sure how to respond to it, at a complete loss for words. Something bolder? He wasn't even sure he could manage it. His face felt inflamed again and his heart pounded against his ribs. He wondered if this was something that he could grow used to.

Turning his head slightly, he cleared his throat, still mulling things over. It wasn't like he knew any of this ahead of time. If he had had experience, he wouldn't be like this now. Training had always been his top priority.

Despite his nervousness, he finally leaned forward a little, testing the waters. His breath brushed past her lips before he leaned in, capturing them with his own.

His heart was sent a flutter, though pounded nervously against his chest. He wasn't sure if this was what she wanted or if she would respond. Benga found a sudden fear of rejection though he had very little inkling as to why.

Things like this never bothered him before.

It was a light kiss, unsure and careful. Benga pulled away a moment later, his face warm and his head spinning. That motion was bold, he could give it that much, but had he over stepped his boundaries? He hoped that wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Lance sighed, shaking his head. It seemed the day was not going to be a good day on their end. Even as Layla spoke up after a long stretch of silence she was apologizing again and sprinkles were beginning to drop down from the clouds.

"Put it from your mind," he suggested, sparing a quick glance around.

A Raticate ambled on by, a bold little Pokemon that spared them only a mildly curious look as it went. Lance ignored it further in favor of glancing back down at Layla. He paused, unsure of what to say. His 'higher than thou attitude', as she had called it, seemed like something that had rode on her nerves quite quickly.

Still, a small part of him was rather chagrined at that. He quashed it. The last thing they needed was another argument.

Lance took to rubbing her shoulder, a little unsure about the action. He did his best to avoid looking like he was uncertain, however. It would most likely do no good otherwise. Besides, a part of himself felt that uncertainty might only weigh further on Layla's mind, her worries twisting the reasons why until it no longer about the original reason. Neither needed another fight, it seemed, anyways.

----[x]----

After several seconds passed with Benga bashfully glancing away Blaire had begun to expect nothing to happen. While disappointment had welled up in her chest she wasn't about to prod at Benga about it. At the moment he was the one who was combating his shyness more than she was, after all.

So, when Benga leaned, his breath fanning over her lips before he caught them in a timid kiss Blaire felt her breath catch in her throat.

Blaire could feel her heart thudding painfully against her chest and she briefly wondered if even Benga could hear it. After getting over the initial shock Blaire leaned into the kiss before Benga pulled away, looking nervous, even as Blaire bit her lip in response.

She cleared her throat, smiling sheepishly at Benga. Part of her was quite aware that she was blushing so much she was beginning to grow a little dizzy. Despite that fact Blaire hesitantly leaned towards Benga again. She caught his mouth with hers a moment later, her hand reaching out to cup his cheek.

It was in that moment that she became very acutely aware of the fact that the stirring in her chest was as noticeable as it had ever been. In response to this Blaire grew a little braver and deepened the kiss, wondering how Benga might react.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Layla sighed, uncertain of the words. She still felt a hefty amount of guilt despite him telling her not to think about it. It wasn't something she could do so easily. She was always aware when she had hurt others in some way or another. She'd always walked on egg shells when it came to another emotions, especially over hurting them once.

Now she felt like she had all of those other times. Some part of her old self wanting to be so careful that she would push him away to do it.

The drizzle dampened her hair, her bangs already sticking to her forehead. She would have felt a chill, if she hadn't been so close to him. He rubbed her shoulder though, she found little comfort in the act. Her mind still swirled over the incident.

"We should go," She finally muttered in response. "Before it rains harder..."

She clenched her jaw, finding that despite it all, she didn't want to pull away from him. Part of her was afraid that if she did, she wouldn't be able to bring herself near him again or he wouldn't allow it. Despite her words, her grip only tightened on his jacket.

----[x]----

Benga wasn't sure of what to do as the silence stretched between them. He mulled over it, trying to calm himself down before she leaned in again, catching his lips. His breath caught in his throat, heart pounding once again. Benga sat ridged for a moment as she deepened the kiss. He wasn't sure how to response.

After a few moments, he leaned into his, his face inflamed. A hand reached up, his fingers tangling in her hair, preventing her from pulling away.

Feeling bold, he nibbled at her lip, unsure if the motion was wanted or not. She seemed apt to deepen the kiss as far as she would allow herself. Benga found no reason why he should not as well.

Pulling away only for a moment to catch his breath, he kissed her again and again. These small, quick kisses left his heart fluttering. Part of him felt embarrassment and shyness wash over him but he did what he could to quash it. She seemed to enjoy these feelings as well.

Finally, he pulled back, clearing his throat lightly. He was at a loss for words now, unsure if there were any to describe what they were feeling or what they had done. He couldn't deny that he liked it however, even as his heart pounded against his ribs.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Lance remained still, even after Layla's insistence that they continue walking. Even though she had brought it up she had made no move to pull back or to start walking herself. While what she said was true enough Lance found he wasn't particularly keen on moving anytime soon. Why this was, was a mystery to him and he chose not to dwell on it for the time being.

"We'll be soaked through regardless if we're moving or not," he reasoned lowly, sparing a glance down at her.

Layla had her face downcast, away from his. He lifted his hand from her head only so that he might brush back his damp hair. The silence around them stretched further. It was broken only by the calls of a few Pidgey and Pidgeotto nearby. Their calls allowed him to calm his mind, to wonder briefly why they were still out and about when winter was just around the corner.

After several minutes passed, his thumb tracing lazy circles over Layla's shoulder, Lance spoke up. His voice was quiet, as if anything louder might break something intangible.

"It looks as if today isn't going to be a good day," he murmured.

----[x]----

Relief flooded through Blaire when Benga reacted after a second or two of remaining frozen in the new kiss. The relief was quickly swept away as Benga tangled his hand in her hair and nibbled at her lip. A short groan escaped in response to Benga's nibbling, her face warming further and her heart fluttering immensely. She couldn't be sure if a shiver of pleasure had run down her spine or if she had imagined it.

Blaire had just enough time to catch her breath before Benga's lips claimed hers over and over. She did her best to match the fervor with which he kissed her before finally he pulled away.

She was quick to bury her face in his neck, if only to hide what she was sure was a stupid looking grin on her face. Blaire worked to catch her breath again, heart hammering painfully in her chest. Her face didn't seem to want to cool just yet and it left Blaire feeling a little dizzy.

"Hey, Benga?" she murmured softly after several seconds had passed.

Blaire bit her lip, trying to decide how to word what she wanted to say. She had been kissed a few times before and while she had liked those kisses none of them had been as feverish or as, to Blaire, heart-pounding as Benga's were. She found that she rather liked the warmth that had spread through her chest because of him, too.

"Your kisses are the best," she finally admitted, sounding a little shy as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Layla listened to his words, feeling a pang run through her again. Her throat tightened and she had to fight tears welling up again. She didn't want to cry again. Yet, a part of her said that this was her fault. She was the first one to speak up, to accuse him. She felt it was her fault.

Her heart throbbed. She pressed herself into him, burying her face into his chest. Her grip on his jacket finally released as she wrapped her arms around his frame. She felt Crux move from her shoulder and onto the ground, giving enough space for a time. She knew he wasn't happy with the events that had played out.

Layla couldn't think of any words to express her feelings. Even as her heart began to hammer against her ribs, she couldn't break the silence. She clenched her jaw, hoping that he would not push her away.

She didn't think she could take it if he did.

----[x]----

Benga felt dizzy with the events, his gaze turned so she could not see how red his face was. It was still rather warm to the touch and he knew that she was already aware of how badly he had been effected by something like this. He only grew more bashful as she nuzzled into him.

He cleared his throat at the compliment, unsure of how he felt about it. It was his first kiss. Benga didn't think it could have been that good. Still, if that made her happy.

"I...don't really know, so." He admitted bashfully. "Couldn't have been that great, right?"

It wasn't like he had expressed interest in women before this point. He had his training and that's what he focused on. Now that he was focusing on someone else, he had to wonder if he was doing these things correctly. It left him a little frustrated inside, so uncertain of himself. This wasn't something he was used to.

Reaching up, he began playing with her hair. He was more at a loss for words, attempting to calm himself down. It was the first time, he felt, that he had ever been so bashful or shy that it made him dizzy.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Lance went rigid, a little surprised when Layla embraced him, burying her face in his chest. His hands hovered over her frame for a long time, a thoughtful frown on his lips. He had never been this close to anyone before. The closest had been his cousin and even then they had both been rather distant people to begin with.

Clearing his throat he finally placed his hands over her shoulder and back, awkwardly patting her. Lance hoped it was in a reassuring fashion though he couldn't be sure. The sprinkling still held up though it did not grow any heavier, which Lance was thankful for.

The silence bothered him a little. Layla seemed like the type who would be eager to pick up a conversation with him, especially after her comments earlier about not knowing him much. It stretched on for seconds which became minutes. How many passed Lance could not be sure. He wasn't one to wear a watch.

"This is quite a turn of events," he muttered under his breath, as if to just hear something other than the rustling leaves and Pokemon cries.

He resisted shifting, a little wary of startling Layla. She seemed intent to cling to him for the time being and a part of him was loathe to admit that he rather wanted to let her have her way with that idea. Moving might only induce some form of panic in her that he was pulling away.

----[x]----

Blaire only hummed noncommittally at Benga's response. She rather enjoyed his kisses, even if he had no real experience. It wasn't as if she did, either, after all. The few boys that had kissed her over the years hadn't gotten the chance to do much more than an innocent kiss before she was out of the city or town they resided in, traveling with Benga.

A sigh escaped her when the silence stretched out, Benga taking to playing with her hair for the time being. She used that time to calm her heart and to let her face cool. She didn't think it would be a good idea to get so flustered she grew too dizzy again.

Her stomach rumbled a little, reminding her that she had yet to eat anything. Blaire ignored it for the time being. She wasn't entirely sure if her face was still red or not. Besides, Benga might need a little more time to compose himself as well.

"You realize we've just spent almost the entire morning laying around in here, right?" she murmured after awhile.

It would at least give them something to focus on, something a little more innocent that would - hopefully - not lead to either of them growing red-faced over something simple again.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Layla swallowed hard, feeling him so tense. She wasn't sure about it. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable but for a time, he patted her back. She shivered despite the closeness, feeling rather hollow.

It took her quite some time to pull away, shivers racking her a little more violently now that she wasn't so close. She hugged her middle, trying to conserve the warmth she had in her. Her hair stuck to her face, even, with it simply being a light rain.

If it became any worse through the day, she feared getting ill.

"You're not very good at this..." She finally muttered.

She knew that he tried to comfort her but she was so aware of his awkwardness that it didn't help. It only made her feel bad for pushing herself on her. She already felt bad for starting to mess. She didn't need anything else assailing her, rational or not.

----[x]----

Benga heard her stomach growl and couldn't help but snicker a little. It wasn't like they'd gotten up from the bed since they had come into the room to rest. No doubt, she would be hungry. He was a little thankful for it, honestly. It calmed him a little bit more.

"What, and that's somehow different?" He jested lightly. "As I recall, there were days we spent all day lazing around in one place."

They had done that kind of thing many a times when they were kids. Even when they grew older, they'd take time to sit around and just relax a day or two. It happened despite their get things done attitude. Not that it bothered them much. Sometimes, they even needed it.

"I take it you're hungry though," he continued to prod. "Your stomachs really talkin' to you."

He couldn't help but snicker again at her expression. Blaire had never been one to be embarrassed easily by things. He was finding a new side to her, one that he had never really been aware of. Benga wasn't sure how he felt about that fact. He had always prided himself in knowing her.

It seemed there was a part of her he didn't know at all.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Lance frowned, surveying Layla as she drew away, folding her arms around her middle and still looking a little miserable. A shiver wracked through her frame and Lance sighed, stepping closer to her. He was quick to draw his cape around her, having clasped it over her shoulders before she had latched around his middle.

"I've never needed to be good at it before," he defended, though his voice didn't have any bite to it. Instead it was more of a matter-of-fact statement that Lance felt needed to be put out there.

He spared a quick glance at her, trying to gauge what might be going through her mind again. It was impossible to him and he gave up trying to figure it out quickly after starting. He supposed it wouldn't do much good anyways. Unless she spoke up Lance would never know for sure what she was thinking.

"Perhaps I'll have to make a conscious effort to fix that," Lance noted lightly.

Indeed it seemed as if Layla would need cared for while she stayed at his side. A part of him, and Lance found that these parts were growing more numerous as time passed - however brief it was, wanted to make sure she was at least content.

He shook his head, a hand running through his hair before he gestured for them to get started again. They might as well make some distance for the afternoon and possibly find somewhere to duck into for cover.

----[x]----

Blaire smiled as Benga took to teasing her again. At least he was still quick to do so. She had wondered if his previous bashfulness would carry over for awhile or if it would fade when presented with something they were more used to.

She snorted, feeling her face turn pink at Benga's prod about her stomach growling. She hadn't realized it was that loud. Blaire buried her face momentarily into his neck, huffing a little to offset the embarrassment.

"Yeah, well," she trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Pushing herself up on an elbow she pouted down at Benga. Her other hand rested on his chest, her finger tapping a little pattern there as she tried to think of something snarky to say. Traitorously her mind provided nothing.

"Bah!"

In retaliation she leaned down, placing a quick kiss against Benga's temple before pushing herself off of him. Her muscles protested at the movement, as did a small part of her that already craved more of the warmth his body threw off. She took to running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame it. Blaire would have to make it a point to put her hair decorations back in for the day.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Layla gnawed at her lip as they started off again. Crux took up his usual perch but other than that, not much happened between them. Her head started to hurt with how much she'd sobbed, the emotions running through her leaving their mark.

It was silent for quite some time. She simply followed, unsure of what to say or do. Emotions swirled in her chest, hurting her more then helping. She didn't understand why she felt so down over it. She had never really been aggressive before. Words from those she cared for cut deeper then from those she didn't. She hardly knew him. Why did she care so much?

"You know, you don't...really have to do anything." She muttered finally, a little indifferent. She turned her gaze away again. "I'm...a mess of emotions. Anyone would get impatient with me..."

It had been true enough in her mind. There were days where things cut her deep for no reason at all. Others, it didn't matter. She had to wonder if the abuse had effected her in other ways as well, set her off easier.

She hated it, hating being so sensitive. It only made things difficult.

----[x]----

Benga couldn't help but laugh at her lack of response. There were days when she would get tripped up so badly, it left her at a loss for words. He loved it when she did. It gave him the upper hand on witty remarks, made him feel a little better prepared on what she might shoot back.

He hadn't quite expected her to lean in and kiss him again, even if it was a light one, away from his lips.

Benga cleared his throat, sitting up. He had to will he blush off his face again. Running a hand through his hair, he did his best to push it out of his mind. If he didn't, it would only leave him blushing more, especially when they got up and moving again.

"You feeling alright?" He inquired, turning his attention toward her.

Her movements were stiff, from what he could see. He hoped she wasn't in any form of pain. The thought of it worried him quite a bit. He didn't want to see her having to deal with it when he had gotten out practically unscathed. It didn't feel fair to him.

He grunted a little, trying to push that thought out of his mind. Blaire would have scolded him if she even heard that line of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am

He spared Layla a quick look as she spoke up. He scoffed at the words, doing his best to not shake his head. It might have come across as patronizing to her and the last thing he needed was to upset her further.

"Why don't you allow me to be the judge of that, hmm?" he supplied, observing her from the corner of his eye. "Perhaps I might want to do something."

He grew silent then, allowing his words to sink in. She could take them as they were or dismiss them. After her shouts at him earlier Lance found that he wanted to change a little, if only for her sake. Why this was he wasn't quite sure and he did not think too much into it. Lance wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer just yet.

Besides, he could have just left her for dead when he had stormed off earlier. If it had been anyone else he would have taken off on Aerodactyl and not looked back. There was something about Layla that prevented him from doing that, however. Lance wasn't able to put his finger on what that was though.

Lance reached out, his hand finding its way to the small of her back again and drawing her a little closer. He did not glance down at her for her reaction - not at the moment.

"What do you know of any rebel branches in this area?" he inquired. The least they could do was focus on another topic and perhaps smooth things back over as time went on.

----[x]----

Blaire paused, glancing back at Benga. She had started stretching her muscles out in her lower back and shoulders, limbering them up for the day. "Eh? Besides being a little sore, yeah."

She paused, patting her pocket. The pain pills the doctor had given her were still fit in them. She'd have to take another two in a short while. Already her ankle was flaring up in spurts again.

Blaire swing her legs over the side of the bed, glancing at Benga. "Would you mind helping me a little bit? I left my bag in the bathroom."

All she needed was someone to lean on for the moment and help her limp over to the opened doorway. She needed to fix her hair up anyways and she'd rather not ask Benga to carry her around too much for the day. Blaire felt she had asked enough of him the night before.

"I'd call on Ifrit to help but my pokeballs are kind of in my bag, so...."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:56 am

Layla felt uncertain of his words and unsure as he moved to draw her nearer to him. She busied herself by pushing her hair out of her face again though, it mostly remained stuck to her skin and only annoyed her further. Her head throbbed, aiding in her discomforts.

He wanted to do something? She was rather surprised by that confession. As the days had gone on, she had only witnessed him keeping her as far away as possible. There were only a few things that she knew of him and was still rather uncertain of his intentions.

"I..." she began, uncertain of her words. "What...do you mean? Want to do something?...Why would you?"

It was odd for her, him suddenly taking so much account into her emotions. Her well being, she understood. She couldn't wrap much of her mind around why he would want to help her emotionally, keep her so close now. Attempting to figure it out only made her head throb more.

She finally raised her head at his next question. After a moment of mulling it over, she shook her head. "I didn't really have much of a chance to seek out the bases," she explained. "I met others who were but circumstances ended up ill for the lot of us..."

Layla didn't feel the need to explain. She was thrown into working under Genesis members as well as others. Some she had met, she recalled hearing, had been executed. It left a sour taste in her mouth thinking about it.

----[x]----

Benga watched as she stretched. She seemed to be fine other than a few aches and pains, from as far as he could tell. Blaire sometimes didn't know when to not push herself however and that left him worried. She was ready and willing to go, even if her body was not.

Regardless, he swung his legs over the bed, pushing himself up. The least he could manage was helping her if she chose to take it easy. He worried about her health at times, though he didn't quite often admit it out loud.

"Suppose I'll take your word for it," he responded, smiling slightly at her.

He was careful pulling her to her feet, bracing her with his body if she needed it. It was a slow process and he didn't want to push her. There was no telling how much harm could be made over some small motion or carelessness.

"Part of me can't wait until you can stand on your own two feet again," he teased. "I'm gonna end up your main form of transportation if this keeps up."

He shot a smirk toward her, just to make sure she knew he was joking. Benga honestly didn't mind helping at all. Her health was concerning to him but otherwise, he liked to help if she'd allow it from him.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 am

Lance shook his head at Layla's questions. She had clearly not expected him to argue in any way and no doubt the idea of Lance wanted to do something for her in return for 'being higher than thou' with his attitude flew over her head.

He wouldn't go into it, however. Instead he merely flashed her an amused half-smile, hoping that her mood might improve soon.

A hum was the answer to her knowledge about rebel bases. He would have hoped she would have more information but it seemed like that was not to be the case here. Lance kept his gaze trained on the path ahead of them. Occasionally they would step on twigs that snapped and startled a Pokemon nearby.

"It looks like we'll have to continue with the waiting game then," he noted after a moment.

Lance stole a quick glance at Layla's Weavile. He couldn't be sure how the little Pokemon might react to him now after that fight earlier. In fact, he certainly did not look pleased even now. Lance could only assume that they would have to deal with each other for as long as Layla allowed.

"If the rain picks up we'll find a place to set up camp."

She already looked chilly, even with his cape and her jacket. The occasional gust of wind was definitely not helping matters and he knew it. They'd have to find a spot soon so that Layla would not get ill. He hoped that she or Weavile might keep their eyes peeled for a good spot to hide out of the rain.

----[x]----

Blaire watched as Benga easily stood up on his own. She found herself wondering how she had taken that ability for granted until her ankle had nearly broken in the fall. She hoped there would not be any permanent damage after it healed up because of it.

She was quick to return his smile, slipping her arm over Benga's shoulders so that she could lean on him a little better. It would be short work with Benga's help getting to the bathroom. She chuckled at his taunt, shooting him an amused look.

"Oh, is that right?" She paused for effect, mulling over the best way to tease him back. "And here I though you'd like having a pretty girl lean against you, Benga!"

A chuckle left her at Benga's expression. She really would be a little disappointed when he grew used to her flirty comments being aimed his way. Then again, it was still a little weird to say them to Benga of all people. If someone had told her she'd be getting so close to Benga when she was younger Blaire would have called them an idiot.

Once at the bathroom, she flipped on the light, leaning against the counter and flashing Benga a grateful smile. She worried about asking too much from him though he never complained. She was quick to work on taming her messy hair, using the small mirror as an aid.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 am

Layla found her heart pounding in a different way, that strange emotion stirring in her once again as he smiled down at her. Even if it was something small, it rose and left her feeling warmer. She cleared her throat a moment after, ducking her head shyly.

Layla turned her attention toward Crux for a time. He didn't appear pleased. In fact, he looked down right annoyed over the events that had past. She wasn't sure how well he would fare with Lance later on. If she had to call him back to his Pokeball to keep the peace, of sorts, she would.

The breezes that passed by shook her more than they should have. Layla took to looking for a place to duck into for a short time. She didn't want to stay in the rain longer than she had to.

As they walked, she tried to reign in her thoughts and her feelings. She had often resolved these kinds of things by going off on her own, thinking things over and coming back another time. That was impossible in this matter. She took the time to deal with it in strides, ignoring her throbbing headache and the chill in the air.

Another chilly wind passed them by and she allowed herself to walk a little closer with him. She reached out, her hand gripping the back of his coat. Ducking her head, she felt her cheeks warm a little.

"Just...tell me if I'm over stepping your comfort zone," she finally spoke up, her voice soft.

She didn't want to do that so much but she couldn't deny that it was warmer this way. She hoped it was the same for him. He was the one who was allowing her to borrow his cape just to keep warm, after all.

----[x]----

Benga shook his head slightly, feeling his cheek warm as she attempted to flirt with him. It was an unfamiliar thing to have it directed toward him. She was always directing it toward other men and Benga had never really felt a need for it to be directed upon him. It was a tad odd though, he couldn't quite understand it.

He rubbed the back of his neck, looking down bashfully. "I don't really know any other pretty girls."

Benga cleared his throat after, turning his head so she couldn't see the blush forming on his cheeks. It was amazing how easily that feeling stirred in him, making him feel bashful all over again despite reigning himself in.

He ran a hand through his hair, attempting to fix it as much as he was able. Often times, he grew a little tired with how wild it could be but never had it in him to cut it or at least trim it. He paid it as much mind as he could, leaving it be for a time.

"It's pretty late in the day," he noted after a moment. "You want to check on your Pokemon again as well, when we're out and about?"

He figured if they were heading out anyways, it might be best. He had no doubts that she would want to make sure both were faring well during the day. They were probably wondering where she was as well. That would be a more difficult thing to explain, he figured. Though, their Pokemon as well as several others seemed to have had their minds wrapped around their relationship long before either had known it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 am

His smile tugged up into a smirk as Layla reacted to him. He hadn't had quite this affect on anyone before. Lance found himself a little fascinated with the way Layla would react to simple things such as a smile or a smirk. In a way it amazed him though he couldn't begin to say why.

It became quiet again as they walked though Lance liked to think it was a little more comfortable than before. The air seemed a little clearer, even if Weavile kept periodically glaring at him. Lance would endure it without an argument. He supposed in the little Pokemon's mind he was to blame for Layla's tears. Lance was quick to try and quell the side of him that agreed.

Lance looked to Layla as she shuffled closer, clutching the back of his jacket. He raised a brow at her, looking amused while she spoke up.

Humming, his attention turned back to their surroundings, even if he felt a sense of... of what? Lance couldn't begin to name the feeling that welled up in his chest at Layla drawing closer to him.

"You're worrying a little too much about my comfort when you're the one shivering," he noted lightly, tossing her another amused look.

----[x]----

Blaire felt her face warm a little and she couldn't help but beam up at Benga at his attempt to flirt back. In truth she couldn't recall a time when he had flirted with anyone. In a way it made her feel a little special. On top of that she was flattered that he would even attempt to. Blaire had honestly expected him to question her attractiveness as a playful taunt instead.

"Well, look at you, Mr. Charmer!" she teased, tossing him an amused look in the mirror.

It took her a few minutes to get her hair ornaments in, having to make sure all of the longer hair that framed her face did not escape confinement in them. It could be a tedious task, especially in the mornings, but she favored the decorations enough to go through with it. While she did this she caught sight of Benga running his hand through his own mess of hair.

She sighed, shaking her head a little. He didn't often fuss with his own hair but when he did he looked positively aggravated by it.

"Of course," she answered, slipping her belt back around her hips. It hung loosely, only kept on her hips through a couple of belt loops on one side.

A hum escaped Blaire as she turned to Benga, still keeping her weight off her right foot. No doubt her Pokemon - as well as Benga's, when they knew - would only grow immensely pleased, maybe even amused, by what had held them up all morning. Blaire found herself a little timid about mentioning it to any of them if only because she knew the knowing looks would show up again.

"Ten bucks says our Pokemon are going to be way too pleased...." Blaire trailed off. She had no doubt that Benga would pick up on what she meant. She also wondered about how happy Alder would be when he picked up on it. Blaire rather dreaded all of the fuss that might come of it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Layla could feel her cheeks warming again as he spoke. Her heart pounded against her chest, embarrassment flooding over her. She shivered a little less now, closer to him. Only when an occasional heavy gust of wind blew by did it disturb her.

"Well you're certainly acting confident." she attempted to jest a little. The red was still quite apparent on her face and she knew it.

Layla feel silent for a moment, her heart pounding against her chest. She didn't know why he made her so nervous or easily embarrassed her or even how his words were able to cut so deep. She had to wonder if she cared about him that deeply, when that feeling arose and why.

"You're warm," she finally muttered shyly.

Despite the throbbing in her head, she did her best to ignore it. The feelings she was trying to understand were giving her plenty of distraction on that matter. She swallowed, her throat burning a little less now.

She briefly hoped he didn't mind this closeness. He had yet to pull away and was showing a tad more of a playful side, in a sense. She wondered if maybe he was trying to reach out. Layla still felt terribly about accusing him but she did her best to quash it. It seemed he was doing his best to do the same.

----[x]----

Benga felt his face redden more as she continued to flirt with him. It really wasn't something he was so used to. He grew too bashful, too quickly to think of any retort. Blaire always seemed to have the upper hand in these moments. Not that it bothered her much.

Occasionally, he'd glance at her as she got ready. She had never been particular about her style, or at least, not that he had noticed. Now, however, seeing how careful she was with herself, he had to wonder if he had known her at all. He was noticing different things, different habits all together.

Part of him was a little disappointed that he hadn't known these things earlier.

Benga snorted as she mentioned the bet. "Like I'd take that one," he jested in response. "I'd lose!"

They both knew that their Pokemon would be way too pleased with what had happened. In fact, it wouldn't just be them either. The rebels who had known them would too. That left him rather bashful in thought.

"The old man is gonna flip when he finds out..." Benga mentioned after a few moments, a blush on his cheeks again.

He knew that his grandfather wouldn't leave them be if he found out or rather, when he did. He was always that kind of person. Part of him had to wonder if he had quietly supported the idea all along, like the others. It wouldn't have surprised him if that was true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]   [PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN] - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PKMN Rp] Bring us Home [OPEN]
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next