AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Working on a challenge..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Working on a challenge.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : Working on a challenge..... Pbucket
PokéPartner : Working on a challenge..... 037

Working on a challenge..... Empty
PostWorking on a challenge.....

Hey guys! I've decided to start working on The Mask.... Challenge. I have started on the first theme but I haven't finished yet and thought I'd put a bit on here in this blog. In hope for feedback and its just a rough draft lol it needs work but I have to put it here so maybe I can move on, on it. To improve and get to how I would like before submitting it.

(a excerpt for) The mask... ...to hide.

In a world of men, where women are to remain with there household duties. To run there household, bare children, and so forth. Even with war and darkness that threatens to take hold of all of Middle-Earth. Will all women bow down and stay home and hide or will they stand for what they believe.

"Due to this upcoming darkness a secret council is to be held in the Last Homely House of Lord Elrond."

Halbarad spoke looking over his fellow Rangers of the North (the Dúnedain). As usual many had there cloak hoods up and many needed bathes.

"Aragorn shall be there as soon as possible and yet it has been asked of us to provide one more representative for the council."

Halbarad noticed the tension grow thick in the many not wanting and dreading the thought of such a task. None truly wanting to submit to leaving the comfort of the northern wilds they have protected for so long. Smiling as in a comfort he continues.

"And so it has been decided that Aranuir shall partake as a member of the council."

The tension finally left the air with a sigh from everyone who dreaded such a task. Aranuir stood still knowing to wait for Halbarad to motion for him. And so all were dismissed and Halbarad motioned him to follow. Aranuir kept pace with Halbarad and a height difference between the two was noticeable. Out of all the Rangers Aranuir was the smallest his height at five foot five inches. He had been mistaken for a young lad many a time but all the Rangers knew better.

For he was the best fighter when it came to speed and accuracy. The one thing that made him very different from the other Rangers was that he was not truly one of the Dúnedain. But that is a story for another time.

Aranuir road day and night till he finally made it to The Last Homely House greater by none other than Aragorn his leader. He dismounted his pure black stallion Beruthiel nodding his head to the elven stable hand who took the horses rains from the ranger heading to the stables.

"Seems that you didn't run into trouble on your way. I am forever amazed at your speedy arrival my friend."

While speaking Aragorn had began to lead Aranuir through the halls to stop in front of a guest room. Aranuir nodded in understanding of his leaders words agreeing that he had no trouble and was quick to arrive all with a simple nod. Aragorn opened the door and followed him in and informed of when the council was to take place among other things. Aragorn then put his hand on the doors handle but stopped to speak once more.

"Aranuir, I know not why you conceal yourself at all times..."

He looked expectantly at his subordinate then continued,

"You need not do so here amongst the elves my friend. For here we are safe from prying eyes."

Again he received not but silence from his 'friend'. Aragorn shakes his head in exasperated defeat.

"I shall leave you to your devices now and I do expect to at tonight's meal."

This time he received the usual nod and leaves the room in hopes his friend will stop hiding.

Evening in Lord Elrond's Private dining hall...

Council members sit around a long table enjoying one another's company with light conversation while eating the delicious elvish food. Dwarves separated from the elves by the few men and one lone empty seat. Aranuir enters drawing the attention of all and the room was silent, his clothing having changed to clean and more formal attire. Yet, still his face is hidden by a forest green formal cloak the hood obviously up. All eyes follow him as he takes his seat between and elf and a dwarf. Ignoring the stares he begins to pile a small amount of food on his plate. Elrond observes the new comer with the nothing but curiosity.

"So you are the enigmatic Aranuir Ranger I have heard so much about?"

Aranuir replays with his famous simple nods toward The Lord. He then turns his attention back to his food eating with the utmost politeness that one would mistake him for a royal of sorts. The Gondoring across from him dawns a look of surprise, Boromir. While the elf next to Aranuir, a elf of Mirkwood, scoffs at the rangers silence.

"You should show more courtesy and respect to The Lord of the house as you are his guest."

Aragorn who currently the only man that sat close to Lord Elrond (near the head of the table) spoke in a voice that was quite yet commanded everyone's attention to him showing leadership.

"My friend does not speak and as far as I know he never has."

Everyone looked at Aragorn in disbelief and then all eyes turned to look at Aranuir. All they saw was an empty chair, a plate with half eaten food and a empty goblet.

If you want to comment or give me feedback feel free to do so here or pm me! I won't take it badly promise! Hi!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Working on a challenge..... :: Comments

No Comment.

Working on a challenge.....

Page 1 of 1