AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Empty
PostSubject: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Created by Giobanni

Lemons.

They're supposed to be a sour, yellow fruit. I don't mind them; hell, I even eat them when I'm hungry. But there is more than one definition to word 'lemon'.

Shouldn't we all have known that by now? I mean, I've you've been a member on Quizilla, or any other site you should have stumbled upon a lemon...

A lemon can also be a sexual story, and if I'm correct, it's between either the reader and a character/multiple characters or just multiple characters. They are extremely descriptive, some of them. But I'd just like to start by saying...

Oh god, here it comes..

WTF WORLD?!

Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Okami_lol_zps3c4e2a4d

You've passed the line as a fangirl when you go from having a crush on character to reading a sexual story that involves you and that character(s).

Ah, screw you, lemons with your favorite fictional character are gold! You don't have to use yourself, you can use an OC like the rest of us!

Passed the line as a fangirl? I think not! If you can write a decent lemon for your favorite character; then you really are a true fangirl. Seriously, stop complaining, we've all did it (and in my case; would like to write one soon enough).

If I am right, most Hetalia fangirls are between the ages of 11-18 (Some older, but in general). Thus, if a little girl just happens to stumble upon something upon a lemon, click on it, read the story, and come out of it knowing adult words and things that she shouldn't know, then her life will most likely be changed forever.

I'd have to consult my Hetalia-loveing friend Moegami on the matter (yes, she's nicknamed after the god of fire in Okami). I'm not a Hetalia fan, but I'm pretty damn sure it works for all fandoms.

Adult words and things? Isn't that what we ALL signed up for as soon as we used a computer? Seriously, Gio, don't act like you've never accidentally watched Cinemax at night--I mean, all the adult shows they play at midnight. >.>

I mean, we all have. uvu

And it'd be that person's fault.

I just don't get lemons; I don't fucking get them.

I do, it's usually called "I will go down with this ship", or "let's do somethin' awesome with my OTP (One True Pairing)". Or we just love to explore our writing skills, I mean, you can be a virgin and be able to write smut.

Face the facts, as you get older, you're not gonna be so innocent anymore.

I get yaoi, yuri, and all of that, but for me, lemons are something that should have never been invented!

Are you joking me?! There can be smut in yaoi and yuri, of course I'd like to write some smutty goodness for Alpha and Bravo (Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel). My friend wrote the smuttiest lemon between Marth and Ike (Super Smash Brothers). I was just like "DAAAYYYUUMMM".

I'm sorry, alright. But if you have to go to the point to which you have to read about having sexual intercourse with someone who isn't even real, then you may have a problem.

A problem? Well, Gio, if you're telling me I have a problem with smut for my favorite characters? Then we're gonna have a problem. But seriously, do what other people do; turn a blind eye to smut, I mean a lot of people put WARNINGS in their titles!

I seriously wonder what Hidekaz would think about this if he saw what you fangirls were doing.

SHAME. SHAME YOU. SHAME LEMON WRITERS. SHAME LEMONS. SHAME EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGG!

This wasn't even a rant, it's just my opinion. My very, very messy opinion.

- Gio.

Same on me?! Well, shame on you! No soup for you!! You can't just shame something because you don't like it! Are you freakin' kidding me?!

But in an ironic plot twist; this rant got one star! Hooray for Quizilla's rating system!
Back to top Go down
http://starryeyedwriters.forumotion.com/u5
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I can get where she's coming from kind of. Lemon's, despite being prohibited on Quizilla let alone many other sites and site hosts, should at least be labelled as such. If someone doesn't want to read it, they will know that a lemon is labelled and there, so they don't have to.

In the end, the writer has to be cautious enough to label them and the reader has to have enough mind to pay attention to it.

As for in general description of sex and 'fan girling', everyone likes lemons. At least, everyone that I know does. The majority of us have gotten passed the point of being offended by them and rather seek them out. Heck, Fang and I already have a bit of limes in our rps planned out.

We are deprived people and we are obviously not ashamed of it~.

I don't know, there's been giant debates over this in the past and it does get out of hand. In the end, it is the writers responsibility to at least labelled that it is a lemon or smut.

But there's no reason to get up and arms about it if one person reads it without wanting to either.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" 509

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Quote :
I get yaoi, yuri, and all of that, but for me, lemons are something that should have never been invented!
Giobanni doesn't know what he's talking about here. The terms he's looking for is shounen-ai and shoujo-ai. Yaoi and yuri are the more technical terms for homosexual smut between two characters.

In all honesty this reads as someone who's sexually repressed in some way. Perhaps he's vehement against lemons because he feels unclean for reading any of them. Still, it's a healthier way to explore one's sexuality through writing than to go out and get into trouble and get pregnant/get a girl pregnant.

I do believe that it should be mentioned in a warning somewhere before the lemon begins, however. I do dislike how many sites prohibit smutty writings but that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
Angel_the_Claymore
Tiny Tina
Tiny Tina
Angel_the_Claymore

PokéPartner : Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" 196

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Yeah, I agree with Oki. I can kind of understand because it reminds me of that time when I was on tumblr and everytime I typed in "Metalocalypse" I had to see Toki and Skwisgaar sucking each other off every other post so i wrote a text post saying to tag their stuff so that everyone looking for that tag won't have to see yaoi and only pics of the show that they originally typed in and I ACTUALLY literally had about 200 people in the fandom blow up on me saying I was a homophobe and writing sarcastic comments like "Oh lets stop drawing art everyone cause it makes this one kid uncomfortable." when all I basically said was to tag it. The thing is, I actually ship that pairing but I had not said to stop drawing or that it was wrong, I just think that there should be a tag so people could only see it if they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" 509

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Angel_the_Claymore wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Oki. I can kind of understand because it reminds me of that time when I was on tumblr and everytime I typed in "Metalocalypse" I had to see Toki and Skwisgaar sucking each other off every other post so i wrote a text post saying to tag their stuff so that everyone looking for that tag won't have to see yaoi and only pics of the show that they originally typed in and I ACTUALLY literally had about 200 people in the fandom blow up on me saying I was a homophobe and writing sarcastic comments like "Oh lets stop drawing art everyone cause it makes this one kid uncomfortable." when all I basically said was to tag it. The thing is, I actually ship that pairing but I had not said to stop drawing or that it was wrong, I just think that there should be a tag so people could only see it if they wanted to.
Yeah, I notice a lot of yaoi artists tend to do that when you call them out on not tagging their posts. It's like the majority of them have it in their heads that because they like pairing X than everyone must like pairing X and want to see them in smutty material. Really, that's not the case, some people can enjoy a pairing without delving into questionable artwork of it and they should be polite to those that are like that and tag their works.

For instance, I have nothing against gay men but I get tired of seeing yaoi everywhere. Mostly this is because a lot of the yaoi fans are young girls who don't know how gay men act in a relationship with each other so they're writing what they know, that there is one man and one woman in the relationship, they can't seem to understand that two men can both still act mansculine and be in a relationship with each other. That and many fangirls just fetishize yaoi. I've heard that typically yuri doesn't have this problem but I've also heard that most yuri writers tend to be lesbians or bisexuals themselves so that's probably why. [ / end rambling ]
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Angel_the_Claymore wrote:

People on Tumblr are vicious half the time about how they view things. It's either there way or none at all. There is no in between or expression anything 'negative' about something, whether it's logical or not.

I think that's why I don't get on as often anymore. I just can't stand seeing some of the stupidity that gets thrown around.

I've never something like that happen to me but when I ranted about Farriswheel Shipping from Pokemon, people jumped down my throat about it. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"   Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knight Bites Back: "Here's a Rant About Lemons"
Page 1 of 1