AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 am by Okami Yammi

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

» Once Upon A Time
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm by NavyReservist

» Prompt Generator ~Courtesy of Tumblr~
Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 am by Okami Yammi

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Share | 

Hello everyone~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AyaNara
Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 am

New member here! I was actually introduced to this site through Quizilla and I figured I should check it out!

A little about me:

I love writing fanfiction! I'm trying to branch off more and more every day, with different genres and different fandoms.

I absolutely love anime; I can't go a day without it.

I write on quite a few sites; DA, Wattpad, Quizilla, Quotev and my own personal blog.

I love rock/metal music; pretty much nothing outside of those genres except a few little things.

My favorite color is blue.

Um, if there's anything else you want to know, just ask me. Hopefully, I meet some pretty nice people here!

Cool Nod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 am

Hello, I'm Fang (or Hatter, whichever you prefer to use I'll answer to) and I'm one of the two admins here. If you have any questions or problems don't ever feel like you can't ask myself or anyone else--we'll always spare the time to answer when we can.

I can't wait to see some of the stuff you post--which anime in particular is your favorite? I don't watch a whole lot of it anymore, mostly I'm more into video game fantoms, but I'm really partial to Shiki and Pandora Hearts. There are more but not nearly as great in my opinion as those two.

Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 am

Ah, I'm glad to see that you're interested! As soon as I start figuring everything out here, I'll probably post a few pieces for some feedback and whatnot!

Honestly, my favorite right now is Naruto: Shippuden. The Bleach manga is my favorite manga right now, but I like quite a few more. Mainly just stuff with action in it, maybe some stuff with a bit of romance haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami Yammi

DigiPartner : GigaSeadramon
PokéPartner : Drampa

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 am

Welcome to the site! Feel free to call me Knight, everyone does. Hope you have a nice time here!

I still watch a bit of Anime. Only Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan/SnK, Wolf's Rain, and a few dog Anime. Haven't really branched out far on my Anime though. XD

AO3 - Lunaescence
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowmothra.tumblr.com/
AyaNara
Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 am

Yay, there is someone else who watches Wolf's Rain! I've had such a hard time finding somebody who liked it. No one reads it or writes about it anywhere! It's definitely not as popular as it deserves to be.

I do have one question: where can we get the image for the PokePartner/DigiPartner section? I don't want to add something and mess it up haha  ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 am

AyaNara wrote:
Ah, I'm glad to see that you're interested! As soon as I start figuring everything out here, I'll probably post a few pieces for some feedback and whatnot!

Honestly, my favorite right now is Naruto: Shippuden. The Bleach manga is my favorite manga right now, but I like quite a few more. Mainly just stuff with action in it, maybe some stuff with a bit of romance haha
We all look forward to seeing them.

Ah, I'm far, faaaar behind on the Naruto series and I only loosely remember things about Bleach. If you ever have the time I'd really recommend Pandora Hearts though. Go for the manga not the anime though, the anime ended at twenty-five episodes and kind of bastardized the story as it jumped ahead before the manga was even close to its conclusion and made bad assumptions of what the mangaka had in mind. The manga is actually still going at about ninety chapters right now.

I used to watch Wolf's Rain myself but it's been so long… I really need to find the time to rewatch it.

AyaNara wrote:
I do have one question: where can we get the image for the PokePartner/DigiPartner section? I don't want to add something and mess it up haha  ^^;
Those can be found here, in the Help!! section of the site.

Last edited by Ram's Desire on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
AyaNara
Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:44 am

Ram's Desire wrote:
We all look forward to seeing them.

Ah, I'm far, faaaar behind on the Naruto series and I only loosely remember things about Bleach. If you ever have the time I'd really recommend Pandora Hearts though. Go for the manga not the anime though, the anime ended at twenty-five episodes and kind of bastardized the story as it jumped ahead before the manga was even close to its conclusion and made bad assumptions of what the mangaka had in mind. The manga is actually still going at about ninety chapters right now.

I used to watch Wolf's Rain myself but it's been so long… I really need to find the time to rewatch it.

Naruto is actually getting VERY good right about now, in the manga anyways. I haven't watched the anime in a while simply because I know there's a part coming up which would make me cry. I am a pansy when it comes to my favorite characters dying in shows. Bleach is getting good as well; they ended the anime, yet the manga is still ongoing; I'm always going to hold out the hope that they will continue the anime as well. It's so good, I don't see how they couldn't!

A few people have recommended Pandora Hearts to me so far; I'll check it out. I've literally just got a list I've been adding on to for sometime. Whenever I get the time, I'll actually be able to watch more than an episode or two at a time.

Wolf's Rain is great; you should find the time to re-watch it, especially if you enjoyed what you had already seen!

And it's not letting me unitalicize this, so sorry for that ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 am

AyaNara wrote:
Naruto is actually getting VERY good right about now, in the manga anyways. I haven't watched the anime in a while simply because I know there's a part coming up which would make me cry. I am a pansy when it comes to my favorite characters dying in shows. Bleach is getting good as well; they ended the anime, yet the manga is still ongoing; I'm always going to hold out the hope that they will continue the anime as well. It's so good, I don't see how they couldn't!

A few people have recommended Pandora Hearts to me so far; I'll check it out. I've literally just got a list I've been adding on to for sometime. Whenever I get the time, I'll actually be able to watch more than an episode or two at a time.

Wolf's Rain is great; you should find the time to re-watch it, especially if you enjoyed what you had already seen!

And it's not letting me unitalicize this, so sorry for that ^^;
That's what I hear but I'm such a trophy whore hunter in my games that that usually takes up most of my free time. It makes it hard to get int watching series of anything.

By the way, if you're having trouble with the message editor click on the very end icon on the second row:

With that clicked in like that you'll be able to use bbcode or html, depending on which one you have enabled in your message options. You'll have less editor issues with the bb/html coding enabled like that.

Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:57 am

Ram's Desire wrote:

That's what I hear but I'm such a trophy whore hunter in my games that that usually takes up most of my free time. It makes it hard to get int watching series of anything.

By the way, if you're having trouble with the message editor click on the very end icon on the second row:

With that clicked in like that you'll be able to use bbcode or html, depending on which one you have enabled in your message options. You'll have less editor issues with the bb/html coding enabled like that.

That's understandable. I play a few games, but nothing too serious; maybe Pokemon, Naruto sometimes, a bit of GTA. I'm not much into many games. Until I get a PS3 (far behind, I know) and I start playing the God of War games. I might stop existing for a while.

Thank you for that; I think once I get the hang of things, I won't have to ask so many questions. I've gotten around to posting things and I don't think I broke any forum rules for them, so hopefully it goes smoothly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:01 am

AyaNara wrote:
That's understandable. I play a few games, but nothing too serious; maybe Pokemon, Naruto sometimes, a bit of GTA. I'm not much into many games. Until I get a PS3 (far behind, I know) and I start playing the God of War games. I might stop existing for a while.

Thank you for that; I think once I get the hang of things, I won't have to ask so many questions. I've gotten around to posting things and I don't think I broke any forum rules for them, so hopefully it goes smoothly.
See, I'm super big into games, I spend an obscene amount of money on them. And you're fine, Oki (the other admin here) didn't get her PS3 until a few months back herself. I love my PS3--I managed to get a PS4 as well though I had worked hard for that. XB Now it's a fancy paperweight until I can get the new InFAMOUS: Second Son coming out next month.

You'll get the hang of things quickly enough, most people are afraid to post around forums because they're unused to the bb/html coding but it's just simple memorization of them and you're good to go. As for your post I took a glance at it and it's all right. Usually we're pretty lax around here, especially with so few "permanent" members that come more than once or twice. The only exceptions are trolling, harassing/bullying and spamming and we've luckily not had many problems with any of them so far. We're hoping it stays that way for a long time.

Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:05 am

Ram's Desire wrote:

See, I'm super big into games, I spend an obscene amount of money on them. And you're fine, Oki (the other admin here) didn't get her PS3 until a few months back herself. I love my PS3--I managed to get a PS4 as well though I had worked hard for that. XB Now it's a fancy paperweight until I can get the new InFAMOUS: Second Son coming out next month.

You'll get the hang of things quickly enough, most people are afraid to post around forums because they're unused to the bb/html coding but it's just simple memorization of them and you're good to go. As for your post I took a glance at it and it's all right. Usually we're pretty lax around here, especially with so few "permanent" members that come more than once or twice. The only exceptions are trolling, harassing/bullying and spamming and we've luckily not had many problems with any of them so far. We're hoping it stays that way for a long time.

I think once I get a PS3 I'll be more into gaming; that and my own 3DS. Having to borrow someone's to play my X is getting rather annoying.

Ah, ok. That reminds me of something else I wanted to ask; do you want us to limit our amount of posts? Say we have a lot of fanfiction we want to post; is there a limit to a certain amount a time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:08 am

AyaNara wrote:
I think once I get a PS3 I'll be more into gaming; that and my own 3DS. Having to borrow someone's to play my X is getting rather annoying.
That's how I got. It wasn't until I got my hands on a PS3 that my gaming really exploded as it has. It helps though that I've got a job and can buy what I want with the spare money instead of when I was growing up and had to wait for birthdays or Christmas.

A big recommendation I have when you get your console is the Assassin's Creed series. They get better as they go and it's such a great story to follow.

Quote :
Ah, ok. That reminds me of something else I wanted to ask; do you want us to limit our amount of posts? Say we have a lot of fanfiction we want to post; is there a limit to a certain amount a time?
Nope! Post to your heart's content! There'll be days where you'll see Oki, Knight or myself go nuts and just post fic after fic after fic. Haha

DigiPartner : GigaSeadramon
PokéPartner : Drampa

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:12 am

Ram's Desire wrote:
Quote :
Nope! Post to your heart's content! There'll be days where you'll see Oki, Knight or myself go nuts and just post fic after fic after fic. Haha

Oooh yeah, she's right. Though I've been a bit lazy with fanfiction this week. Too much wrestling video games and stuff. XD

I'll probably be doing some later on anyway.

AO3 - Lunaescence
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowmothra.tumblr.com/
AyaNara
Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:16 am

Ram's Desire wrote:

That's how I got. It wasn't until I got my hands on a PS3 that my gaming really exploded as it has. It helps though that I've got a job and can buy what I want with the spare money instead of when I was growing up and had to wait for birthdays or Christmas.

A big recommendation I have when you get your console is the Assassin's Creed series. They get better as they go and it's such a great story to follow.

I have played the Assassin's Creed games a bit before; I really enjoyed them, even though I didn't really play much of the storyline and more of the online where you could play with other people. I definitely plan on checking those out, since my best friend is a huge fan of them.

That's good! I wanted to make sure before I got too posting too much at one time. Didn't want anyone getting upset over it!

Cool Nod 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:28 am

AyaNara wrote:
I have played the Assassin's Creed games a bit before; I really enjoyed them, even though I didn't really play much of the storyline and more of the online where you could play with other people. I definitely plan on checking those out, since my best friend is a huge fan of them.

That's good! I wanted to make sure before I got too posting too much at one time. Didn't want anyone getting upset over it!
That's what I like to hear! i hope you'll enjoy the story as much as the multiplayer when you can give them a spin. If you can make it through the first one I'd recommend starting there. The gameplay is really repetitive but the story's good and trying to go back to it after playing the others makes it almost unplayable after you spoil yourself with the new game mechanics!

Haha, for the most part we don't limit posts just replies on topics -- typically rule of thumb is don't reply twice in a row on a topic unless twenty-four hours has passed. This gives other people time to reply and push the topic forward. :3 (there are some exceptions, like posts in the blog section or topics you make to record your progress on something)

Claptrap
Claptrap

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:34 am

Ram's Desire wrote:

That's what I like to hear! i hope you'll enjoy the story as much as the multiplayer when you can give them a spin. If you can make it through the first one I'd recommend starting there. The gameplay is really repetitive but the story's good and trying to go back to it after playing the others makes it almost unplayable after you spoil yourself with the new game mechanics!

Haha, for the most part we don't limit posts just replies on topics -- typically rule of thumb is don't reply twice in a row on a topic unless twenty-four hours has passed. This gives other people time to reply and push the topic forward. :3 (there are some exceptions, like posts in the blog section or topics you make to record your progress on something)

I can't remember which one it was that I played; still pretty good, although it was a few years back, so it was most definitely not Black Flag stuff haha

Ah, ok; I understand that. Some people would reply again just to push stuff up I guess. Thanks for letting me know that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 am

AyaNara wrote:
I can't remember which one it was that I played; still pretty good, although it was a few years back, so it was most definitely not Black Flag stuff haha
It was most likely Brotherhood or Revelations then.

AyaNara wrote:
Ah, ok; I understand that. Some people would reply again just to push stuff up I guess. Thanks for letting me know that!
No problem! Usually Oki or myself reply to older topics to get things going for them again but that's usually a few days after it's been forgotten about.

Admin
Admin

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 am

Sorry for the lack of response, I had to get to bed for work today.

Regardless of that, I'm Oki the other admin here on the site. I've been the one sending out the invites so that random message was from me.

You're pretty much like me for Assassin's Creed. I tell myself to play the main story constantly...but multiplayer. Multiplayer is there and I can't not play it! I seriously do need to get started on the main stories though...

Like Fang said, we don't really put a post limit. If you've a lot of stuff to post, feel free to. We're typically pretty lax here unless the post is against our rules or is out to hurt another member. We don't really have any problems though, since we're a small community so harassment hasn't really been an issue. I'm actually pretty proud of that fact~.

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone~   

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AssassinsDen :: ---- :: Introductions-
Jump to: