AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Work Scheduling!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LotusRebirth
TK Baha
TK Baha
LotusRebirth

DigiPartner : Work Scheduling! 084Lunamon
PokéPartner : Work Scheduling! Lapras_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49es

Work Scheduling! Empty
PostSubject: Work Scheduling!   Work Scheduling! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:21 pm

So at my work we have to fill out these sheets regularly, and they list the days and times we are able to work. We are supposed to sign it, and then place it in our Manager's boxes. I updated mine THREE weeks ago, and my manager even let me know that he read it. 

Now, before three weeks ago, I wanted to work about forty hours a week in order to pay off a debt so that I could start in school next semester. I was denied this request of more hours in Jan, because my store's director said that it wouldn't be fair if I got so many hours, and I understood that. But I was still available to come in for call ins. Fast forward to Tax Returns, and I made way more than I had initially believed I was going to. So, I of course paid off the loan and placed the rest of the money into my savings. 

Since I paid off the loan, I no longer needed more hours in order to pay off my loan, and since I can live comfortably with about twenty five hours a week, I updated my time sheet three weeks ago. Since then, I have been getting called in almost every day in order to work, but now I am over thirty hours a week (which is overtime since I a supposed to be part time). So, I am getting penalized, and I am not able to work two of my days next week. I feel that that isn't fair since MY manager called ME in to cover for other people. I didn't think I should be punished for it. 

So I went to my store director and he agreed that I should not be punished, and he told my manager that he can't dock my hours next week. Now, keep in mind that I placed in my new availability sheet, I go to look at my schedule and my manager didn't follow my sheet at all! And I start summer courses in two weeks and he has me scheduled during classes! And so I pulled him aside after clocking off today, and he's like "You are one of the only three people able to open in the mornings, so I need you to come in those days." and I told him that I wasn't going to be missing classes for this job, and he said "so you are refusing to work?" I have been working there for almost two years now, and I have never called in, been late, gotten written up, nothing. I come in if he calls me in (as long as I am able to), and I get all of my work, and then some completed. 

I was completely disgusted by his questions. I am turned in my availability sheet before the deadline, and he is blatantly ignoring it, and so I went to his manager and now my manager wants me transferred out of his department for "insubordination." I love my department, even if it can be demanding to work in sometimes. I am just so upset that he is being this way. He is usually very laid back and flexible for us (the employees in his department) and now I will be getting bounced to another department because I want to continue my college education...

My second job has been more than accomodating (but it is GameStop which already has pretty flexible hours).

I just feel so ugh! Upset!    
Back to top Go down

Work Scheduling!
Page 1 of 1