AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!


A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pm by Crow Masked

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

» Once Upon A Time
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm by NavyReservist

» Prompt Generator ~Courtesy of Tumblr~
Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 am by Okami Yammi

Points of Interest






Den Staff





Share | 
 

 |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:54 pm

It was rare that he didn't want a fight but then again, this was all working on intel. They needed Bossa Nova alive as long as they could help it. It was just be a matter of getting to him.

"Good a plan as any," she answered.

Naeva's gaze scanned about. There were too many bodies out here, guarding who got in and who didn't. She knew that slipping in would be difficult without someone being killed first. 

Zer0 was asking for her thoughts on the matter. An audible hum left her as she glanced around. She nodded toward a particular vent that was a little toward their right.

"Could always sneak in through there," she told him, "But, it might be a longer route."

Naeva's gaze fell onto Killer next. The robot was already appearing to want to attack the bandits so why not let him? A good distraction while they ran passed could work out great, provided they didn't run into anything along the way.

"Or, alternatively, I can send Killer down there and draw attention away for a while. We can slip into the front," she suggested afterward.


----- [ x ] -----

The news about where the case was left him reeling. Of all things, it had to fall into the hands of a bunch of bandits! That's exactly what he needed after the deal went sour...

"Nothing can be easy in this place, huh?" he inquired, shrugging his shoulders.

Rhys moved to scratch the back of his head. Other than a minor burning sensation, he didn't feel too bad. It was a shock, a literal one, but he figured he'd muddled through worse. His one arm wasn't exactly organic, after all. 

"Nah, nothing too out of the sorts," he answered, flexing his hand as if to prove that, "Just a shock, no pun intended. Chip must have been bugged."

Maybe Naira had been right in the first place. That seemed to be the case at this point. At least the damage hadn't been too bad. Rhys could survive on a little pain.

"At least the tracker ended up working..." he finally added.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Only when she spoke up did Zer0 pull the rifle away to see where she was pointing at. A vent, large enough they could easily slip through, assuming they could both reach it. That was always the question, however. Zer0 could make it easily enough but Naeva... She was not yet as swift or limber as he though she had her own strengths when it came to it. Killer certainly helped her when she needed it.

"A viable route / Simple and out of sight there / To reach it there now..." He trailed off, his syllables exhausted for the haiku formatting. It was a bit annoying that he'd slipped like that but he shrugged it off quickly enough.

His gaze strayed to Killer at her next suggestion. The robotic skag could easily draw attention away from where they needed to get into the stadium at. Now it was just a matter of the choices... The front door would be nice but there would undoubtedly be more of them inside, hidden from view now. A good battle would be nice however that would mean less time to more easily snoop about for information.

"We shall enter there / The vent will be easiest / Deep inside we'll search."

With that he nodded to Naeva, allowing her the chance of loosing Killer or not. If need be he could pick off a bandit or two from here though the rifle firing would alert them of their presence in the darkness. Silence was key for the moment. Once they retrieved information of Gortys then he would let loose and let the bloodshed begin.

----[x]----

Naira allowed a brief, quiet chuckle to slip passed her lips. It was silly to think anyone thought like that when dealing with a place like this. Then again, bandits and psychos might seem easier to deal with than the usual dealings within a corporation like Hyperion. There was so much plotting, backstabbing and strategy just to stay on top and alive. It was all so tiring nowadays.

"Oh, not at all, Rhys," Naira answered, humor lacing each word. "Pandora has a way of making even simple tasks quite a chore."

The topic was there and gone again as Naira prodded about Rhys' current wellbeing. He seemed to take a moment to take stock of himself, as if waiting for some kind of pain to hit him he hadn't been paying mind to before. Nothing seemed to bother him too much other than where he'd hit his head on the camper floor. Still, there was no blood though it was probably bruised.

Even so, Naira took the moment to look him over, as if to divine any sort of hidden injury. Rhys looked all right, perhaps a little roughed up after the day's events but alive and well considering. Good, the less injuries they all sustained the better. They couldn't afford to be shambling about because of any.

"I'm glad to hear it. Not everything Nakayama tinkered with ended as he intended," she informed. The many attempts to clone Jack were just some instances that came to mind though she made no mention of them now. There wasn't much need to right now. "Yes, but now for the hardest part. The others are keeping an eye on things now, trying to find a way inside the stadium but I've not heard anything from them so far."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Zer0 considered the options, shifting his weight as he thought. Given he wasn't showing her those thoughts through an emoticon, she simply figured he was considering things.

From what he said, the plan would work out solidly if Killer could draw attention away. He would be able to hide out or catch up at another time, providing the robot didn't just try to kill everything in sight.

"That'll work," she replied quickly, kneeling down to Killer to make some adjustments.

Only when she was finished did she command the usual line, "Sick'em" and the robotic skag was bounding down to the bandits nearby.

She could hear growling as one of the bandits jumped, startled by Killer's appearance. Killer didn't give him much time to investigate, already nipping and outright trying to bite at the bandits heels. It was then he bounded off to the next and then the next, trying to stir up trouble.

It didn't take long for the bandits to try and run after or beat Killer. He was still small enough that he could run between the bandits easily, even knocking one over as he went.

"I think we'll be in the clear," she told Zer0, watching as the few bandits guarding turned a hard left around the arena, "Lets be quick."


----- [ x ] -----

Naira must have found that funny but then again, why wouldn't she? She had experience with these bandits in the past. This all could have been second nature to her at this point. For Rhys, it was an entirely new experience and one he wasn't sure he wanted.

Rhys had no choice now. He was in deep whether he liked it or not. All of this was going south pretty quick too...He tried not to focus on that, however.

"Y-yea I'm catching on to that," he answered her with an awkward chuckle, "You handle yourself pretty well, though."

The conversation came to a halt when she started overlooking him. She might not have quite believed that he was fine. Even so, Rhys was alright, he just had a few bumps and bruises.

It was a little flattering to have a higher up worry about him, though...

"Uh...ah-ha, yea, I'm figuring that one out," he told her, rubbing the back of his neck quickly, "I heard enough stories to confirm that..."

Now there was just the matter of the briefcase...They had to get into the stadium somehow and get it back. How, Rhys didn't know. There was no way this was just going to be simple.

"We better start figuring out what we can do, then," he pointed out a moment later, "And I don't think those guys are gonna wait in that stadium."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"A plan in motion," Zer0 began as Naeva sent Killer out to wreak its special brand of havoc. "Better than sitting around / Let us move onwards."

It only took moments upon Killer nipping at the heels of the first bandit before the ruckus had begun. Even so, Zer0 crept carefully at first, sticking to the shadow's edge until he as quite sure that the enemies nearest to them were sufficiently distracted. Only then did he dart ahead, straight for the large ventilation system Naeva had pointed out. Along the way he shouldered his rifle, the familiar weight slapping against his back not hindering him in the slightest.

He spared a glance up to make sure that Naeva had followed safe, that no one had spotted them and that no firearm sights were trained on either of them. So far so good. This was going along easier than expected... Zer0 expected that would change eventually, it usually did.

It was a simple matter to pry open the vent hatch, motioning for Naeva to drop inside first. "You have the honors," he said as he did this.

Once she'd slipped inside he would follow suit after another precursory glance about them. Still, they had slipped by unnoticed. He could hear the shouts of those after the robotic skag in the distance, gunfire ringing even louder.

----[x]----

Naira allowed a small smile to slip across her lips at the compliment. It felt like ages since anyone had legitimized her skills and contributions... She pushed the observation aside as she answered. "Why, thank you. I should hope I'm up to snuff."

Once she was sure Rhys was as fine as he claimed to be Naira glanced away, out the driver's window to the deep darkness of night. There was so much that could be hiding in the darkness and yet their biggest threat was a gaggle of bandits. 'Naturally,' Naira mused. At least Rhys was coming to terms with how Pandora handled things. Perhaps he and Vaughn were a little more confident in themselves, knowing they were capable of coming out alive despite the hostility they'd faced today.

Her gaze strayed back to Rhys when he spoke of figuring things out. Of course they wouldn't be in that stadium forever but she had a feeling they'd be there long enough. People like those bandit clans didn't gather in one place like this and linger for so long without reason. She reasoned that of course Rhys wouldn't know the particulars about typical bandit and psycho behavior however.

"Vaughn and the con-artists might have noticed something by now. They've been watching from afar since we arrived here," Naira informed, moving to lead the way out of the camper. She gestured idly for Rhys to follow, holding the door open just long enough for him to do so unhindered.

Gunshots were beginning to ring out as they stepped out into the cool night air. Naira blinked, leaning up briefly on tip-toes as if this would grant her the height necessary to peer over the edge from afar. Against the stadium's bright lights she could make out the silhouettes of Vaughn and the other three, crouched or laying prone near that cliff edge to watch discreetly down below.

"If we're lucky, we may have caught a break," Naira observed, despite only hearing the ruckus.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 am

With Killer distracting the bandits, it didn't take them long to rush out carefully near the area they were going to sneak into. Zer0 pulled the hatch open with ease, allowing her to slip in first. Only when she was in did he follow, closing the hatch quietly behind him.

Naeva started down the tunnels carefully, listening for anything that might alert to another bandit near. So far, all seemed quiet enough...

"Any idea where to go?" she asked, wondering what path would be best to take. There were multiple ones and no doubt they all led to different places. She worried slightly about getting lost but Zer0 had more sense than that...

"I can't imagine you'd get us lost," she told him, sparing a grin in the shadows.

It was a rare occurrence but it did happen. A wrong turn would lead them to a completely foreign place or miles from where they should have been. Zer0 never admitted to such things, however. That was a little funny in and of itself.

They were pressed for time here, however, and a labyrinth of ventilation system stretched before them. One wrong turn could take them to the other end of the stadium, for all they knew.


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys spared a smile to Naira. She seemed proud of her skills and why shouldn't she be? Most up on Helios wouldn't be caught dead down here if they could help it. Pandora was too rough for them. Rhys thought the same yet he was steadily getting used to it.

He glanced at the figures outside the window. Gun fire could be heard just a little. Rhys wondered if a fight had started near the stadium. Once they were near it, they'd find out.

"Sounds like you all set up watch for a while now," he answered, following after her.

The gunshots were more prominent now. Rhys was strangely used to them. Whatever set the bandits off had their eye for the time being. Like Naira said, maybe this was just a brief break...

He knelt down, trying to scope out the area with his robotic eye. There had to be something that they could use to get in. If the case was lost, they were all screwed here.

Rhys paused, stopping at what looked to be some underground tunnel. It was covered but it would work. He was quick to point it out while they had the moment. Maybe that could get them where they needed to be.

"There," he said, "We could sneak in if we have to. It's bound to lead us somewhere inside. We'll just have to do a bit more sneaking."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Inside it was dark though the curious emoji that erupted from his helmet to illuminate the shadows in eerie red. It was enough to see any immediate turns and, as expected, there were none in the immediate vicinity upon entering the ventilation shaft. Further in there would be many paths, of that Zer0 was certain of. It was merely finding the right way to turn however...

He scoffed at Naeva's teasing. It wasn't always often that she tried to prod him about such matters yet when she did she certainly took the chance to.

"We will find our way / Let us head on down our path / No reason to stay," he answered simply. Or perhaps it was complex to many people. Zer0 had long since grown fond of using the form of haiku to speak.

He started them off, crouching to avoid hitting his head. He was far too tall for this blasted thing and yet it was the simplest method at the moment to sneak inside. It might be a bit of a tedious walk but the silence would be nice for the time being before the battle would begin again. The wait would well be worth it.

Zer0 was not particularly fond of admitting to getting lost at any point though Naeva always seemed to pick up when he had no clear clue where they were. He suspected tonight would be no different.

----[x]----

The others spared a brief glance at them as they joined the foursome at the cliff's edge. It wasn't a steep drop down but it would be a bit dangerous to clamber and slide down it. Nonetheless they'd have to if they wanted to get down there. For the time being, however, they needed a clear shot in.

"Yeah, we have, while you slept like a baby, drooling on the floor," Fiona answered, tossing Rhys a look. It was clear she was still not at all happy about them being there yet they all wanted that case of money. She'd not leave until it was in their grasp and then Naira was sure they'd have another tiff over who kept all of it or a portion of it.

"If nothing else, they're distracted, so we might have a better shot now then we did earlier," Naira pointed out, choosing to ignore Fiona's attempt to rile up her employee.


"Yeah, but is that skag real? It looks like it's made of metal," Vaughn said.

It was Felix that spoke up next, rubbing at his jaw in thought.
"That it is, but why would anyone build a mechanical skag?"

"Mechanical?" Naira echoed curiously, peering down more carefully at the commotion below. "So it is... Then that must mean that Zer0 and Naeva are around here as well. I wonder why..."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Naeva snorted in amusement, taking up following Zer0 from behind. He'd never admit that he'd gotten lost in the past and probably wouldn't here either, if they happened to have some trouble. It was always amusing, his pride so important to him.

The vents were damp, thankfully, and risk of losing balance wouldn't be a problem. Just where they would get out was in the back of her mind, however.

"Well, this place better be worth it," she answered, "I'll make Moxxi pay for repairs on Killer."

The woman did know tech well enough that she could easily front the money. Naeva certainly quite liked Killer as well since building him. Despite his programming, she still saw him as something of a pet.

The sound of roaring engines carried throughout the ventilation system. They had to be getting somewhere, however slow the pace. It would just be a matter of finding the right vent to get to.

"Sounds like a party up above," she mused, "As elusive as this guy is, he really knows how to throw a party."


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys noticed a shake of Sasha's head as she glanced down below. The robotic skag was still chasing the bandits around, maybe on programming. If what Naira said was true, then that guy in black and his friend was here too...

"Takes talent to make a robot out of scrap much less code it," he muttered, watching the thing. He briefly examined it with his mechanical eye. Some of it seemed to run on stolen Hyperion tech.


"Either that or someone was really bored," Sasha added after a moment.

Rhys looked at Naira then, wondering what she had on these people. Would they interject without need? Naira seemed to have more on those two than any of this group did.

"Is it a bad thing that they're here?" he asked carefully, "They can't be here for the money too, right?"


"A guy like that? Has to be a hired gun, I can't see'em as anything else. A lot of skilled people run Pandora, you know."

A hired gun but for what? What could they be looking for around here that was so important. Rhys shook the thought away, instead glancing at the group.

"I guess we'll worry about that later. We just need to get in now."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Zer0 allowed the ellipses to continue, lighting their path in a low red glow. It was better than nothing and he couldn't be sure nothing was hidden in the vents anyways. For all he knew there might be a stray skag running around in these blasted vents. They didn't need to be caught unawares if that was the case.

In order to bat away the silence that enveloped them, Naeva kept chattering away. Zer0 found over the years that he didn't mind this too much. She knew well when not to draw attention to them after all. Inside these vents, well, what attention was there to draw but his own?

"Elusiveness, hmm? / Or, perhaps he is cocky / With so many near."

It wouldn't be new to Zer0 if that were the case. So many people took solace in numbers and bandits were no different. If anything they were more at peace attacking others and having a grand old time when in large groups like tonight. Whatever Bossa Nova had rallied them all together for Zer0 couldn't say but it was a prime event to take advantage of.

Though he moved carefully Zer0 kept up a swift enough pace. He still had to duck to avoid hitting his head along the vent's 'ceiling' but it was a small accommodation to make in hindsight.

----[x]----

Vaughn shook his head though it didn't seem like it was in disagreement per say. It was difficult to tell, exactly, though they were all still watching the fiasco down below so maybe he'd just been reacting to one of the bandits down there. "No kidding! Who'd even take the time to down here?"

"Well, excuse some of us for actually having hobbies," Fiona commented briefly.

Vaughn briefly winced in answer to Fiona's scathing answer though it was quickly passed by. The case of money was what was important here and that meant sneaking inside the stadium past the rowdy bandits. At least their attention being on the skag would keep them from noticing the group if they were careful. Inside, however, they had no way of knowing who was where and if they were too busy to notice an wayward trespassers.


"If we move a little around," Felix began, trailing off in thought. He'd gestured to the area he spoke of, hidden more in shadows until they'd need to enter the stadium's lighted area to reach the place of entry.

It was Naira who nodded along to the old man's observation. Keeping a bit of a wider berth between them and the bandits would be ideal. It looked like no one wanted to get into a tussle with them if they could help it. Granted, very few of them had weapons to fight back with much less the ammunition needed for a lengthy fight.

"Well, let's not dick around any longer then, shall we?" Naira announced as she made her way over the cliffside, careful to find good foot and hand holds as she carefully slide her way down.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:45 pm

That didn't quite surprise her to hear. After dealing with these types for so long, Naeva had grown accustom to it. Still, she would have assumed some subtle bone in their body. Perhaps it simply was feeling safety in numbers.

"I wouldn't be surprised," she answered as she carefully ducked her head to avoid hitting it on a low pipe.

Warm air flooded through the vents, maybe from the heat above. Naeva had gotten used to that too but there were still points she hated it brushing against her.

She kept an eye out for any vents they could exit. There had to be another way in and up. This place was large but it couldn't be that complex. Then again, she wouldn't know unless she had a map.


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys shook his head at it all. Hobbies or not, they were lucky the thing was programmed to chase the bandits at all. Those two people really had skills in several places. Rhys was a little apprehensive. Them being here might mean they could bump into the two at any time.

The old man spoke up about sneaking in and Naira was quick to follow it up. With the bandits distracted, this could be their way in. They just needed to take the chance.

Rhys followed after Naira. They were wasting time as it was. The others would follow at some point, he was sure.

"So what's the plan when we get in?" he inquired, keeping an eye on the bandits. The robotic skag had latched onto one's pant leg, trying to drag the man down, "Do we stick together or split up?"

Rhy wasn't sure what the best move here was. There was a lot going on inside, he could hear it from this far away. They were really pushing it if they didn't have a plan...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Though they could expect this it was very possible that the group of rowdy men and women above might surprise them yet. Bandits and psychos were not the reliable sort for anything, that much quickly became obvious when one traversed and lived upon Pandora. Even so bandits were no match for them, no matter how dangerous they were to begin with. With their skills and equipment they had a far better advantage over the scavengers.

For a short time they were quiet, merely focusing on moving in the dimly-lit darkness. The heat was annoying, cloying even, in those vents. This wasn't so much surprising as it was something that made Zer0 move a little faster. Naeva had no great liking for hot weather and these vents were hot enough to simulate that heat. If it was making him uncomfortable in his combat suit he could imagine that Naeva had a thing or two to complain about it.

"If we are lucky / Our exit might be near here / Let us not waste time," he murmured eventually.

How much time had passed in these vents? Zer0 couldn't say. For all he knew they might have been in these vents for only minutes; if that was the case he dreaded the continuing experience. Such places as these were not his favorites by far. He was glad his partner was not one who complained often about such things as well lest this be an even worse experience for them both.

Still, if they'd had a map this would have been mitigated quite a bit...

----[x]----

She could hear the crunch of dirt and gravel beneath their feet as they followed after her. At first it was just one pair of feet and then the others followed after. Each of them moved slowly, carefully, so as not to injure themselves on the way down. This was good. The last thing that any of them needed was to try to sneak around while hurt.

Rhys' voice pulled her from those thoughts and she spared a brief moment to glance back at him. He seemed to be eyeing the spectacle down below even now. Naira shook her head, turning back to keep a better eye on her steps.

"I would like to say we'd split up and search," she began lowly. "However, not everyone is combat ready in our group, nor is there enough trust between us all to reliably work from afar like that. Our 'plan' might well depend on what makes everyone most comfortable."

Though she didn't say it, it was obvious that the very fact alone could be detrimental to it all. Even so, what could they do about it now? It was too late to try to build trust before rushing into this mission. There was no way that the case of money would stay in this place for long, nor was it possible that someone wouldn't try to pry it open prematurely. That would end disastrously for them all.

It was a blessing when her feet touched more stable, flat ground though she remained lower to the ground just in case. No need to alert the bandits if they glanced over and saw their figures in the dark. Bandits had no compunctions with splitting up to tackle enemies if they thought it was a good idea, after all. She turned to see the progress the others were making, glad to see everyone faring well enough. She could hear Vaughn muttering something to himself though couldn't make out the words from here.

"In the end, the most we can do is see what everyone will agree to," Naira admitted further, turning back to Rhys while she did.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:04 pm

The heat in the place was enough to make her sick. It was sticky and uncomfortable. Naeva swiped at her brow, ignoring how much sweat had already gathered on her forehead.

There had to be a way out of this ventilation system somewhere.

At least Zer0 was optimistic. Or maybe he was just annoyed. Who could tell. His tone was often so flat that it could be either or. It was weird but Naeva rarely ever hear him raise that tone. There was only one time she'd heard it distressed or even shake and often, she didn't like to think of the circumstance that led up to that reaction.

"Just...I don't know, feel for the air moving or something," she told him, "At least we'll know if it's moving, there's a way out."

A map to the innards of this place would have been lovely but they weren't so blessed. If they heard a fan or felt the movement of air being pushed out of another vent, they'd find some way out.

Footsteps quiet, she glanced around the dim place, placing her hands here and there to make sure she didn't hit anything. She wondered if Killer's programming had kicked in and he found a safer spot or had been shot up at this point. Naeva would find out at some point.


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys felt nervous about all of this. Why wouldn't he? They were about to risk their lives for money that got them into all this trouble in the first place. What was more, the people who followed them could no doubt do them in if they wanted to. Naira was the only one really keeping them safe now.

He listened to Naira speak up about whatever 'plan' might work out. Inevitably, it all had to do with trust. Between them, there wasn't a lot of that going around.


"You're right about one thing,"Sasha's voice rang out quietly, "We don't have any trust and extending it just for this is a stretch."

Rhys knew that was the truth. Heck, the fact that they were with this group now was a stretch in and of itself. They stuck together for one selfish goal and that was it.

"Look, let's just get in, get the money, get out," Rhys quickly intervened, "We'll work best with who we know and go from there, good?"


"And how do we know you all aren't planning to stab us in the back later?"

Rhys resisted a roll of his eyes. They didn't have time for this. If it kept on, they'd be wasting too much time. He couldn't let that happen. For the moment, he ignored the comment.

"There's a way in through one of those vents. Just lift it up and we can go in right under their feet. They probably have a way into the arena through there anyways."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Air currents would be helpful though if there was a fan nearby they had yet to run into the shaft it ended at. It would be a matter of finding their bearings in the process as well. There was no way they had any idea what vent exit would spit them out where nor did they know the inner layout of the stadium either. They would have to guess and go from there.

"Perhaps you are right / You are less covered than I / Feel for those currents."

If there was any breeze Zer0 did not feel it passed his combat gear, thick as it was. It was meant to protect, after all, and flimsy clothing would do him no good when his identity was meant to be kept secret and safe. Naeva would be best suited to this task of following air currents within the ventilation system.

Whatever diretions she pointed them towards Zer0 would choose from there. For the situation at hand it was their only reliable option. This Gortys Project had best be worth it, he decided upon dwelling on this.

If nothing else once they were out of the vents they would be able to move more freely and have an idea of what was where. That was something to look forward to briefly.

----[x]----

Sasha was very quick to agree about a lack of trust between all members of their group. Naira didn't bother to comment in on it, she hadn't exactly helped matters if she was being completely honest after all. Her adding to the fires would just worsen things. Besides, they were all eager to get this over with.

"No way we're letting you leave us back here," Fiona added, gesturing to the rounded door they'd headed for.

"Yeah, okay, that's great and all but who's going in then?" Vaughn pushed, glancing around at them all.

"I'd prefer heading on in myself, if no one has any problems with that. My shield can soak up some bullets if we're caught in there, at least," Naira reasoned.

"All right, hard to argue with that. But then Sasha or I should go too, to make sure you don't run off without us." Fiona agreed. She'd folded her arms over her chest as she made her own point, a fair one if nothing else.

"A fair trade off, though I'd like to bring Rhys along as well. His cybernetics will come in handy if there's any technological surprises in there," Naira proposed further.


"Woah, woah, wait! What kinda surprises would bandits have in a place like this?" A short pause followed Vaughn's words. "Besides the deadly kind... you know?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:18 pm

At least they had an idea as to how to find a way out now. If any currents passed through, she'd bring it up. Right now, the air was still as a stone, leaving it feeling too hot and muggy for her taste. Naeva did her best not to complain.

"I'm already on it," she told him.

So much as a draft would help if she was completely honest. The air was so still, it would be easy to tell where they could move to.

Several minutes passed in silence as they moved through the vents slowly. The dark didn't do them any favors and Naeva had to feel around for pipes that might have been in the way or places she could put her feet. It was the movement of air that made her stop.

"Whoa, hold up Zer0," she called out, pausing to feel where the current was heading. She pointed the way they needed to move a moment later, "That way. Airs moving through, there's got to be an exit."

Unless they hit a fan, they wouldn't have any problem. When he was moving, she'd follow behind, praying that it was a way out and not the latter. She wasn't sure she could take much more of being in this cramped space.


----- [ x ] -----

There wasn't a whole lot of agreement here. Rhys figured that was probably going to happen. They didn't have time to really deal with it however. He knew that they needed to move.

If anything, Naira seemed to take on the leadership role again, hashing teams out. That would be for the best. Rhys would be able to help with his eye here and even his arm if anything needed hacked.

"I'm down with that," he answered easily, "If anything needs hacked down there, I'll be able to do it."

He might not be able to provide much in the ways of combat but in his ability to hack, he could at least provide something. That was better than nothing at all. Now it just left what to do with Vaughn and where to go.


"This place is crawling with bandits looking for some kind of show," Sasha answered Vaughn with a shrug of her shoulders,
"Pretty much anything could happen, especially the dying part of it."

"Comforting. Look, we're not getting anywhere just standing around. Lets get a move on now. Sooner we find the money, the sooner we can get out of here."

With that said, he glanced at Naira, raising a brow slightly as if silently bidding her to move on. She was the one who knew the most about how to deal with the bandits here. She was their best bet on staying alive.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:24 pm

How long did they walk these vents again? The question swam through his mind again and again despite the attempts to banish it. This stifling, cloying heat wasn't helping matters, Zer0 was aware. Yet he suffered through it without complaint; this was all hardly the worst of what he'd dealt with in his life, after all.

He stopped upon Naeva's shout, the sound seeming to echo despite the hushed way she'd spoken it. He turned to her, waiting for her assessment as she glanced about at the pathways laid out before them. In seconds she'd gestured to the way the air flow was moving, heading down the leftmost path. Zer0 cocked his head to the side thoughtfully.

"This is our best lead / Our way out may be near yet / Good job, dear Naeva."

With that he started them off, eager to remove themselves from these vents. The sooner they were out the better. Zer0 had more than an inkling that Naeva felt much the same. His steps were more hurried then before yet still muffled against metal. It would be a shame to be caught now, within the ventilation system when they were close to exiting.

----[x]----

"Okay, I see your point," Vaughn muttered, looking more and more uneasy as time passed. Naira couldn't blame him. The poor man hadn't any experience with Pandora's ways until today after all. Nonetheless they were in a hurry and couldn't stop to let him catch his bearings.

It seemed everyone was on edge, eager to get this done and over with. Naira spared a nod before turning to pry open the hatch. The sounds of gunfire and the shouting at that robotic skag had died down, or had begun to. Was it running off then as per its programming? They didn't have much time then.

"I'll head down first in case we surprise someone with an itchy trigger finger down there," she announced. If anyone was surprised by this they didn't comment. It wasn't often that someone in Naira's position on the Hyperion ladder took to such risks, after all. A shield could be easily drained with a powerful enough firearm, after all.


"I actually have no problem with that at all," Fiona answered. "Though if you'd hurry that'd be fantastic."

Naira didn't deign to answer, slipping inside to climb down the ladder once she'd managed to open the heavy hatch. Rhys followed soon after and after that it was only a matter of if Fiona or Sasha was the one to come after, so intent to make sure they were not betrayed. Naira couldn't fault them for the precautions, well aware of Hyperion's malicious reputation upon Pandora.

But that didn't happen. Instead, Naira caught the sound of a man's voice calling out just before a panicked Fiona responded. The words weren't made out but that didn't matter when they were bathed in sudden darkness, the hatch so suddenly slammed shut on she and Rhys.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:52 pm

The stickiness in the vent was driving her nuts. She was glad to follow after Zer0 down the shaft that would get them out. A brief word of praise had left her feeling confident but what would be better is being able to breath.

Their steps were quicker as they moved down the vent. When an exit came into sight, Naeva exhaled a sigh of relief. They could get out of here and finish what they started.

"Thank God it wasn't just a fan," she commented. Kicking something like that out would have alerted too much attention.

Zer0 was able to push this vent out easily after checking the area. No bandits seemed to be patrolling this area, maybe feeling no need to. It was a pretty desolate area within the building, it seemed. Regardless, Naeva was just glad to climb out, letting her feet touch the ground.

"Let's never do that again," she joked offhandedly, sparing a glance around. One hand tightened it's grip around her bladed cane just in case, "Guess it could be worse though...Now we just need to find a way up."

The noise was still coming down on them, so she knew they had to be getting somewhere at this point. It was just a matter of how long it would take to actually get up to where all the excitement was at now.


----- [ x ] -----

Things were hashed out just fine in the end. A few sarcastic comments had gotten them down the hatch one way or another. Rhys had no qualms with Naira heading in first. She was more experienced here and better equip to handle the bandits. When she was heading down, he followed shortly after.

His heart leapt into his throat, however, as they were soon plunged into darkness. The hatch slammed shut, the three above unable to follow. Rhys quickly raised his robotic hand, getting the two some light.

"Vaughn?" he called out. There was no response but no other sound either. He figured that was a good sign in the very least.

"Well this couldn't get worse, could it?" Rhys asked, glancing down at Naira.

He didn't know. At this point, everything was going from bad to worse. They'd gotten themselves into quite a fix at this point. Working their way out was going to be a hassle. He tried not to worry about it as they continued heading down.

"We just have to get the money. We'll meet up with them later..." Rhys paused for a moment as he continued down, glancing at Naira again, "Y-you sure your friends aren't going to be a problem to us? I mean...they're on our side, right?"

Vaughn had often claimed Vault Hunters were worse than the bandits. Rhys wasn't sure that was true but he was prone to believe that just about anyone down here would be a problem.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:34 am

Zer0 rolled his shoulders as he glanced about. The vent had been large enough for them yet it was far better out in the open like this by far. Naeva was already commenting favorably about their situation thus far and Zer0 couldn't find it in him to disagree. Things were certainly running smoothly enough, all things considered.

"We shall see what comes / We don't know what plans might come / We can only guess," Zer0 warned. Despite that he was inclined to agree if he could help it.

He spared a glance around the empty room seeing no threat and no valuable loot to take with them. A shame but then if this Gortys project worked out then they'd see their share of loot in time. Patience was key. That kept Zer0 focused even if he was impatient for the information now. It was rare that he received his way on those matters.

Now to find Bossa Nova... Without a map of this stadium and without knowing where he was in here, that could be a challenge in itself. No matter, Zer0 would find their way with enough time and effort. A bandit or two might die by his blade in the process as well, alleviating some stress.

"Let us find our way," he announced, heading for the doorway.

----[x]----

It was a blessing when Rhys revealed a flashlight function within that cyber-arm of his, allowing them to see again. Climbing down a ladder in complete darkness was not high up on Naira's lists of likes. Even so they paused, listening for sound on the other side of the hatch. There was no gunfire or shouting to be heard... Then again that hatch could be thick enough to mask even those down here.

Naira shook her head, starting down carefully and yet as swiftly as she dared. They couldn't hang around and wait without being able to communicate with the others. The best bet was to move forward.

"You really do not want the answer to that," Naira answered honestly. On Pandora everything could get worse, after all.

At his next question Naira did not answer right away. She mulled over how best to phrase the words and what information to part with before hand, her feet coming to meet solid flooring before she would speak again. Even then it would only be after she'd moved away enough to allow Rhys the room to step from the ladder himself.

"Not on our side, no," she finally admitted. In the faint wash of light from his flashlight Naira could see the look of worry that crossed Rhys' face. "However, Zer0 and I have a tentative acquaintanceship for her sake. He will not strike us if we give him no reason to."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:47 am

It didn't take long for Zer0 to speak up, brief as it was. He spoke the truth, they had no idea what was going to happen here. After all this trouble, Naeva only hoped that it was all favorable.

"Truth be told," she agreed briefly, sparing another glance around, "It's quiet here, must not need a reason to guard it."

If they found more noise, maybe they'd find some bandits as well. That would lead them up, most likely. Tracking wasn't hard when these people weren't subtle. She'd picked up a lot throughout the years.

Zer0 was already on the move and Naeva was quick to follow after. He was no doubt itching for another fight after all ths time tracking this bandit lord.

"I'm right behind ya," was her simple reply.

The quiet was a little unsettling but other than that, it didn't seem like a lot was going on in this area. She figured it'd be less hassle finding a way up this way. Who knew, maybe all of this would be easier than she gambled for.


----- [ x ] -----

The climb down seemed slower than Rhys wanted to admit. Her answer wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows either. He wasn't sure what he expected. This place just got worse and worse as time went on.

Feet touching the ground, he glanced at Naira as she answered. It took her a long moment to seemingly think things through. Rhys didn't rush just in case. Even so, what she parted with was still a lot of mystery in the entire situation.

"Her? You mean that other woman?" he asked, shaking his head a little, "Sounds like there's a long story behind all of that..."

They didn't have the time to catch up on it and Naira might not want to in the first place. If ever there was a time she wanted to get into that, they would. For now, they had other things to worry about.

"Let's just...keep moving, I guess," he decided to change the subject, following after Naira when she agreed.

Their steps were slow and careful, Naira notably keeping an eye out. Rhys kept an eye out for them as well, scanning with his echo eye on occasion but didn't see anything of favor. It wasn't until they stopped at an opening did they see some bandits step onto an elevator. One of them had the case in hand.

"Look, there it is," Rhys whispered, crouching down, "They're heading up...we're gonna lose the damn thing again."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:10 am

"Or they are elsewhere. / They're all rowdy about it. / But what is 'it', hmm?" They had no idea what Bossa Nova was planning here only that it seemed to involve the money he'd taken from Naira and her employees. That event of theirs might have left the bandits far from wanting to stick around in these quiet, uninteresting rooms.

He did not have to turn nor hear her footsteps to know that Naeva was following him. They had grown close enough in the years that had passed for him to know she would. Strange, he sometimes thought, that he would find a partner in another such as Naeva. Not that many might be able to guess as the deeper partnership they shared than those of others they'd worked with. A rumor might spark but that's all anyone had; rumors.

Glancing about as they walked, this place looked like abandoned Atlas property. Not too surprising, given the way they'd been taken out long ago. Bandits enjoyed taking over what was left behind and making it theirs, after all, this place had clearly been no different. If they were lucky that might mean a map of the place might hang on a wall or a pedestal somewhere.

"Let's keep an eye out," Zer0 warned though it was unnecessary. Naeva had long since learned what to expect and keep a lookout for.

----[x]----

Naira offered a brief hum in initial answer to Rhys' observation. He wasn't wrong, not by a long shot though now was hardly the time to get into it. Instead, she said "Years and years worth of it, I suppose."

They started off then in silence, the hallway a short one. Even in the darkness she could make out the door opening at the end where a light aided in silhouetting its opening to them. Her steps grew swifter the closer they got to it, voices heard from there. Criminals those people may be they could potentially lead them to the case of money.

It was with great relief that they weren't spotted, crouching at the edge of the opening. The darkness did well to hide them from view even if one of those bandits were to glance up. Still, the fact that an elevator was removing the three carrying the case they needed only served to make things more difficult. Naira cursed under her breath, glancing at the remaining two patrolling the catwalks.

"Nonsense, we can track it again using you if they get too far from us," Naira murmured back. A hand came to her mouth in thought, eyeing the situation further. How best to handle the remaining pair now... "Hmm... you don't have high strength but perhaps with your cyber-arm you might be able to knock a bandit unconscious at least... Think you can manage that much, Rhys?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:26 am

Naeva only got a moment to glance around briefly before they were out again. This whole area was devoid of life so far so maybe these bandits felt there was nothing of worth here. Then again, maybe they were all just ready for a slaughter fest.

"I mean the area," she responded, sparing a grin he might not see, "They're either excited to get up top or don't feel a need to guard this place."

This was all old Atlas tech and from the looks of it, what might have been worth something was already stolen. This place was pretty well picked apart.

"Of course," she told him a moment later, "Though, I'd be more inclined to listen for gun fire."

If something went off, it'd be easier to figure out where they might head up top. Even if there was music blaring above, the sound still echoed deep below. They'd hear something as blatant as a gun going off down here if someone got into a fight.


----- [ x ] -----

Her answer had been enough to tell Rhys what he needed to know. Whatever story outside of being with Jack was for another time if it ever came up. Who knew what might happen here or if they'd stay together after.

It was a thought that was there and gone as he watched the bandits disappear into an upper level. Naira was optimistic about it. Rhys was having trouble sharing that view.

"Yea, if they don't find a way to open it," he whispered back, "Open the case and it's all gone. Vaughn's the only one who can..."

A bomb planted inside was a precaution that they knew they had to take. Whether or not it would work out in the end, Rhys had no idea. He never needed to be prepared for this kind of thing.

It was only a moment after did Naira make a suggestion about taking out the two bandits guarding. If he had to admit it, he was slightly apprehensive on the matter. Even so, he tried to ignoring that feeling for the time being.

"Y-yea, I can manage that, I think," he answered her, "It can't be too hard."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 am

Zer0 nodded, if only to show he heard and understood. "What might have been left? / It all must have been looted. / Nothing here for us."

What they needed was Bossa Nova and his knowledge of the Gortys project. Camped out at this old Atlas building, surely these bandits had found something that led to it. Zer0 refused to believe they hadn't. Bandits could be tricky and willfully stupid, however, so it was hard to tell what might be truth or lies at times when spouted from bandit lips.

Gunfire was well and good for an alarm or a direction to take but it would not keep them out of sight of any nastier surprises. Zer0 wanted to be well-covered. Surprises were not his forte.

As they glanced about the bland hallways, now colored with splashes of unique psycho graffiti, Zero saw nothing telling yet. This would change soon, he was sure of it. Now just to find where the proper place to go upwards would be and where in the higher levels exactly that Bossa Nova had gone to. Find the source of the music and they'd find their man, at any rate.

----[x]----

She didn't fight Rhys for his apprehension on the matter. Bandits and how they operated, it was all foreign to him past today, mere tales to hear about the ruffians who lived on Pandora's surface. The precautions on his part were still appreciated in a way, even if she did not show it. Best that than he be overly cocky on the matter.

"If they haven't opened it yet then they're waiting for something," she informed. "It's a matter of getting our money back before the 'something' occurs."

Silence passed for a time as she observed the situation left before them though when she spoke again, mentioning her plan it wasn't difficult to tell Rhys wasn't so sure of it. Or perhaps he was still worried about the money being blown to pieces. Naira couldn't dwell on that, they'd lose sight of what was in front of them if she did. That couldn't happen.

"Good, I'll take the bandit to the left." With that said, Naira dropped over the ledge, the bandits' backs to turned towards them on their pacing to and fro.

It was an easy enough feat to sneak up on her chosen target, successfully using her gauntlet to knock the man out. Catching him before he fell so as to make sure his partner was not alerted by the sounds, Naira turned to Rhys. Best to observe and see if he needed aid or not in the long run. She carefully maneuvered the bandit to the catwalk, freeing herself up once again.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 am

Zer0 was right, this place had been combed over more than a few times. The lack of items within it showed that much, open cases left completely empty of anything of value.

"I hear Atlas tech goes for a lot to the right buyer," she answered, "But most of these bandits probably use those things as toys."

It wasn't a surprise to find a bandit dropped a rare weapon or one that could fish a pretty penny. Most of them just found and used a gun when they could grab one. It was no doubt the same here.

She glanced around carefully, trying to pick up any movement. The place didn't have much going for it's underground but above still seemed to roar with life. What were they missing up there? Hopefully nothing too exciting.

The loud music was something that could be heard even if it was muffled by the walls. Even so, it was grating on her nerves.

"Do me a favor if you get the chance," she brought up a moment after, "Find a way to shut that guys music up forever. It's grating and gives me a headache even down here."


----- [ x ] -----

There was still confidence in Naira, as if she expected all of this to run smoothly. Maybe she did. She was the one with experience down here after all. Her confidence could just be honesty.

Rhys didn't get to think about it anymore. Naira had dropped down quietly, Rhys following to do as he was asked. She was quick and quiet, far more skilled than Rhys himself. He swallowed thickly as he approached the unsuspecting bandit.

He shook his head, figuring it was now or never and to just go for it. Rhys moved forward quietly. Like Naira said, with his arm he might be able to knock the guy out.

He tried to do just as Naira did and thought he was successful when the bandit lurched forward. A loud and startled 'Ow!' left the man as he rubbed at the smarted spot.

"Ooooh crap," Rhys spoke up, glancing over at Naira. The man was already turning toward him, gun in hand.


"And what the heck are you supposed to be?"

Rhys managed an awkward smile, hands raised in the air as a chuckle left him. He was really in hot water now...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Naeva wasn't wrong with her assessment. Too often old tech that could be used more properly elsewhere went wasted upon bandits, passed around and played with like common toys. A shame, really, in the right hands old tech could be used more proficiently, or even sold to the right buyer...

Out of the vents and moving more freely, Zer0 kept them moving at a more manageable pace for his liking. At this rate they might just yet find Bossa Nova before the night was out. Then again with that blaring music he'd be surprised if they'd failed at that. Once they were out of the halls Zer0 was certain they would have no problem finding him then.

A chuckle, almost malicious in sound, escaped him upon Naeva's request. "Oh, I will gladly. / Such grating noise to the ears. / He will pay for it."

Now that he knew just how much it annoyed and perhaps even pained Naeva, well, it just gave Zer0 all the more reason to take it out when the chance arose to. He'd had plans to but now he was all the more eager to enact them. But for now they must find the culprit and extract the information he might have.

He glanced about, looking for the proper way though he had no idea which way would lead them most effectively to Bossa Nova. There was no map, or if there had been it was long gone now.

----[x]----

Naira would have offered an exasperated sigh and a pinch to the bridge of her nose in disbelief however she couldn't stand there and let Rhys stare down the barrel of a gun. Firing her own pistol would only draw attention though! She cursed under her breath before darting forward, rounding the catwalk. The bandit seemed focused on Rhys, perhaps trying to figure out how best to kill him. Naira couldn't allow that.

Her steps attracted the bandit's attention, forcing him to turn from Rhys as she neared. Naira didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence before she'd slammed her armored hand into his face, knocking him back. A quick follow up to slam his head to the catwalk would finish the job, leaving him out of commission and no one else in the building any the wiser.

Straightening, she turned to Rhys not yet sure to be amused or exasperated. "Well, that could have gone better," she finally noted. "Let's stick to that stun baton of yours instead."

Naira moved to survey the room, looking for some sort of control panel for the lift. If they couldn't get up to where the case of money had been taken then it wouldn't do any of them any good. At the very least Rhys' ECHO-eye might be able to pick up on things she did not.

"Let's see if we can't find something more in line with your specialty, Rhys," she murmured, moving to drop from the catwalk to the nearby console.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:55 pm

A familiar chuckle let her in on Zer0's thoughts. He was itching for a battle and anyone who got in his way was sure to be slaughtered as well. No doubt, all of this loud music had been grounding on his nerves as well. Apart from battle, Zer0 seemed to favor the quiet. It gave him a moment to look, listen, and observe those around him.

His answer was favorable and she was more than pleased to hear it. Now the sooner they got up there, the sooner it would be put to rest. It was hard to believe that she'd hear dubstep after all these years. Maybe some trends didn't die.

This particular one should have a long time ago...

"I greatly appreciate that," she replied lightly. Whoever could stand music like that was clearly insane.

Naeva spared a glance around, nothing in particular popping out at her. The music and roaring engines above was loud enough to break any silence but it drove her nerves up pretty high. When everything went silent, she'd feel better.

"With how loud all of this is getting, we've got to be close to something," she mused.

Maybe they were finding a way up. Who could say. She hadn't seen a hint or hair of an elevator yet, not even stairs. She hoped they weren't lost or anything. That would be quite annoying in and of itself.


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys was prepared for a bullet in the stomach when he heard Naira's rushed footsteps come around the catwalk. In the blink of an eye, she had grabbed the mans head and slammed it hard against the rail. Rhys flinched at the sound, trying not to grimace in response.

"I think I can stick with that," he told Naira in response. He needed to keep a mental note that he still had that thing.

Naira was the first to start down the catwalk again. Rhys stepped around the unconscious bandit. It would be a moment that he caught up with Naira, sparing a glance around. The elevator was back down, looking to be run on some old Atlas tech.

"We should be able to take that straight up," he pointed out, taking a few steps down the stairs, "After that, it's just dealing with everything that's waiting..."

Rhys was already moving toward the computers, glancing at their screens. The elevator ran on a password, it seemed. Without a proper one, Rhys would be forced to hack it.

"It'll need a password, I'll work on a hack," he told Naira, "Just...watch my back. You're better at that than I am."

Rhys couldn't wait to be back up on Helios at this rate. He'd had enough adventure to last him a life time. He was certain he'd just lost ten or twenty years on his life due to stress alone.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2677
Reputation : 300
Location : Animus

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:45 pm

The sounds of the dubstep could be heard all over, no doubt aided by speakers throughout the area. It was entirely possible that they could be thrown off with a loud enough speaker... Zer0 worried about that though didn't comment on it. He'd find their way eventually, given the time and determination. He would not fail here.

"We will fight him soon. / He has nowhere to hide here. / Now to find them all," Zer0 announced confidently, simply even.

It seemed this would not be so easy, however. Each hallway they took the sound either grew louder or more distant and more often than not the loudness was only due to a well-placed speaker. Zer0 would scoff at each of these, slicing the boxes in two. Best to solve the problem bit by bit as they went. In a way it was very cathartic as well.

Were they going lower into the bowels of this building? Zer0 couldn't quite tell and the map at their disposal upon their ECHOs did not aid them. The building's blueprints were not within the map they had, after all, leaving them to guess. At least the bits of destroyed speakers aided as their trail.

"My patience is gone. / Where is this entrance hidden? / He will repay me."

----[x]----

She could hear Rhys' steps behind her, more cautious than her own as he joined her at the console. At least he was well aware that there was more yet to come. Still, all of this could end so badly if they weren't careful... Naira wasn't sure how much longer Rhys could even keep up with his lack of survival and combat skills. That wasn't even mentioning the fact that they had no idea how the others were faring back there.

Rhys' comment drove those thoughts from her for the moment, glad to see he was at least within his element concerning the computer console. Already he'd began to take to the controls, eyeing the data displayed on the screen with what seemed to be an expert eye. Good.

"But of course," she answered, turning to survey their surroundings once more. There wasn't much to catch one's attention but for the odd cages high up above them. Whatever was inside, if anything, didn't seem to be too alarmed by their presence.

The clacking of keys was the only noise for a time, allowing thoughts to drift to and fro. Naira wasn't entirely fond of many of them. Too many worries and problems had neatly settled in on her over the course of so many months. She shook her head, moving to spy Rhys from the corner of her eye finally.

"If I might ask, what are your goals within Hyperion ranks?" she prodded curiously.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
avatar

PokéPartner :
Posts : 2579
Reputation : 125
Location : Hoenn Region

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Zer0 was growing impatient, perhaps more frustrated that they couldn't find a way up and out than anything else. What was more, the more that music bled through the walls, the greater the annoyance became. Naeva's head was starting to pound with a budding headache, the heat having done it's work earlier.

Naeva resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose out of habit. Having slashed a few crates, they fell with a loud clatter but was no doubt drown out by the noise above.

She glanced around, trying to find something, anything that would lead them up top. It was difficult to tell if they were getting closer or further away from where they needed to be. Even if they had Killer as well, Naeva wouldn't be able to direct them anywhere without a heat signature.

"There has to be something somewhere," she muttered.

It was the sound of a loud 'click' that alerted her attention. Naeva paused, listening for it again. Nothing came but it at least let her in on something.

"Did you hear that?" she asked, sparing a glance at him, "Sounds like someone else might be down here. There has to be someone nearby."

With that, Zer0's steps seemed to grow faster, moving in the direction that could lead them somewhere. She hoped this was the place. If not, they'd be in a world of trouble.


----- [ x ] -----

Rhys was quiet as he concentrated on the keys in front of him. It wouldn't be difficult to get into this old tech. He was more than just a little familiar with this kind of thing and if he was completely honest, most of this was out of date anyways. It'd would all be easy.

Naira took up being a guard for him, something that was a relief if he was honest with himself. She had the experience to survive out here, had fought along side Jack before his death. That in and of itself spoke about her skills.

Rhys wasn't able to mull over it any longer than that, however. Naira was asking him a question, something that honestly surprised him. He paused for a moment, glancing at Naira as he thought about how to answer.

A sigh finally left him before he continued, the familiar sound of his fingers hitting the keys a comfort.

"Being completely honest, I want to take the place in a better direction," he told her, "Yea, being the boss of everyone would be pretty cool but we all know how the game is played. Stab a few backs and you get into a better position. Want to get somewhere faster...well...toss someone out of an airlock. It's all pretty...corrupted up there."

An audible click let him know one of the locks to the elevator had been dealt with. From there, it was just a few more things and they'd be up top.

"As a kid, it was my dream to be up there on Helios," he explained, an amused scoff leaving him, "I remember printing tiny business cards to hand out to people, lame as it sounds. I just didn't think the risks would be so much when I first started. We're working in an entire space station full of assholes."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   

Back to top Go down
 
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cathayan Borderlands scenery (WIP+Completed)
» Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn
» How did it all begin for J. K. Rowling?
» A - Z of things with Wheels
» ‘Motor City’, starring Gerard Butler, will begin filming in Atlanta next month

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AssassinsDen :: Forum Lounge :: Roleplay Corner :: One-on-One Roleplay Booth-
Jump to: