AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Grenin10

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Empty
PostSubject: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Most days between them were boring ones. Going along with life and it's usual pull, they pushed some momentary excitement with video games or manga. Celine had picked up her old favorite, Shaman King, and was more than pleased to share it with Reks.

This was normal really and they would have gone along with everyday life as it was. Something had other plans for them, however...Inevitably, their lives would change with choice.

The two had fallen asleep in the apartment they had rented. Celine woke as she felt a chill run down her spine. She rolled over, curling up in a ball when she realized her bed felt hard. She blinked her eyes open, becoming aware that she was on the ground...outside...

Panic quickly rushed through her as she shot up. She looked around for Reks quickly, hoping that she was okay. Celine noticed a small girl nearby...wearing Reks clothing.

"...Reks...?" she started carefully, "Reks...Is that you...?"

It couldn't be, could it? This was just a little girl! How did this happen! Where were they anyways?! This wasn't home! It was dusty and strange...What happened?

Celine scrambled to her feet, walking toward the girl that she thought was Reks. They needed to find a place to figure out what happened. It was the only thing Celine could think of doing.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Rekka groaned, hearing Celine calling for her. What was it now? It was the weekend, just sleep! Of course, none of that came out of Rekka's mouth, instead she'd grunted again upon Celine's insistence. Only then did she push herself up into a seated position only to stop.

Desert? What the...? Their apartment was no where near any deserts! That meant that there was no way they'd just find themselves out in one and it wasn't like they both drank...

"What the hell is this shit?" Rekka answered finally, moving to stand.

She halted, a mixture of surprise and embarrassment coloring her expression. Her pants had pooled down 'round her ankles and her shirt and jacket didn't fit right... Hell, the bra was even hanging way too loosely 'round her chest... Hesitantly, she glanced down to see herself far too close to the ground. Why was she so short and just... child-sized?

Fear seized her heart and Rekka was quite sure her face had turned several shades too pale. Peering up at Celine it looked like Rekka wasn't imagining things. Confusion and fear were quite prevalent on Celine's face too.

"What even is this crap?! WHY AM I LIKE FIVE-YEARS-OLD AGAIN?!"
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Reks was rousing though, it was slow at first. Celine had taken the time to glance around the area, hoping to find something, anything that might be a give to where they were. She couldn't spot anything...not that she would know what to look for anyways.

When Reks was on her feet, Celine moved a little closer to her. It wasn't hard to see the panic on her friends face at the realization of just what happened. She started shouting, startling Celine quite a bit.

"Reks, wait, I don't think you should be shouting things like that!" Celine informed quickly, "We don't know if anyone's around!"

If anyone had heard that, it could draw in some nasty attention. Celine didn't want that. They were in a strange place as it was. Who knew if there were bad people here!

"We just need to figure out where we're at and then we'll figure the rest out!"

Would that even work though? Celine wasn't sure it would and even she was having a hard time calming down. Her anxiety was already bad in the first place, all of this was just making it worse!

And of course someone would have heard them...The way Reks had shouted, it would have been impossible for that not to be the case...

"My, what a noisy pair," Celine blinked as she stepped in front of Reks. She relaxed a bit though, her heart leapt in her throat a moment after. Hao? THE Hao from the books they were reading...This was impossible! Yet...there he was... "It seems I've stumbled upon someone interesting. Are you two lost?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Celine looked startled at Rekka's shouting though Rekka couldn't find it in her to care much. She was suddenly five-years-old again, give or take, in only a bra, shirt and jacket and those hung far too loosely to move around in easily. That didn't even take into account the sweltering desert they were in now, without water or any other kind of supplies. What the heck were they supposed to do?

Perhaps just to spite her friend in her time of stress Rekka shouted again; "AT LEAST YOUR PANTS STILL FIT YOU!"

Despite Rekka's obvious confusion, fear and rising frustration Celine was still trying to calm her down and trying to think of a plan. Was this even something that could be fixed however? That question was a prominent one in Rekka's mind, almost scary...

A voice rang out, a young boy's, that much Rekka knew before she even turned to the owner of it. However she halted, mind frozen as still as she herself was. Before them stood the child form of Hao Asakura, smiling rather pleasantly and dressed in a star patterned poncho. The face was unmistakable despite the rounded baby face that would slim with age.

Rekka fought the growing concern that rose in her, only adding to her frustration. If this was really happening and not just some messed up dream then he'd be able to read their every thoughts now, up to and including the fact that he was supposed to be fictional--at least, he was supposed to be before they'd woken up in this desert.

It was Rekka who broke the silence, her voice noticeably quieter now that she was shocked so thoroughly yet again. "Lost is a good answer to that..."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Celine opened her mouth, trying to will some words out. Reks had beaten her however, her own voice sounding so quiet now compared to moments before. The answer was simple, blunt really, and Hao simply remained smiling rather pleasantly.

Celine finally cleared her throat, trying to will herself to calm down. She shook her head, her mind a muddle of too many thoughts.

"We're not...really sure what happened," she finally said, "Do you know where this is?"

Celine was surprised to him chuckle but for his part, he did start to answer,
"It sounds as if you two have been spirited away, hmm? You're currently in Mexico. I was just about to go visit someone when I ran into you."

Mexico...Peyote. Celine recalled that part of the story. So they were all the way back in the start of the nineties? This felt terribly strange...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Celine was fairly quick to pick up where Rekka trailed off at, pointing out just how seriously lost they were. It was of no surprise that Hao was hardly fazed by this, mentioning something about being 'spirited away' and Mexico. That meant this was way before the time the events of the manga went about... But would their being here change anything at all, or was this for naught? Hell, the whole ordeal was giving Rekka a headache.

Huffing, she decided to forego wondering about it for now. It was just a nightmare to try to think out logically. It didn't look like Hao much cared to help the process, or perhaps he knew of other ways to deal with it. Hell if Rekka actually knew.

"You mean to tell me that I'm stuck in Mexico, in the body of a five-year-old and I don't have any pants?!" Rekka reiterated, brow furrowing deeply. "I don't like the turn my life is taking right now, okay?! This isn't okay!"

The comment only seemed to draw a chuckle from Hao though Rekka was sure Celine had flinched a little. This was ridiculous! What was going to happen now though? Hao only took in shamans who were promising to his cause. As far as Rekka knew they weren't any shamans, or did other things change too? It seemed likely considering her apparent age change.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Mexico...She'd never been to Mexico, knew only a little bit of the country and she certainly couldn't speak Spanish. They were screwed in any regard, let alone finding a way home.

Reks seemed to pick up on that, and other things, immediately, and started protesting again. It was easy to tell when her friend was stressed out. She was not in a good state of mind right now and Celine didn't blame her. Still, Hao only chuckled in response.

"I meant what I said, you know," he spoke up vaguely, "It seems that spirits or something else has put it's hand at work here. You weren't brought to this place without reason. If you wish, you can accompany me. I'll explain more later."

Celine swallowed hard, looking down at Reks. They didn't have anything else to go on and what Hao said...that could be a little promising in the end...

"It's not like we have anywhere else to go," she pointed out to Reks.

"Then it's settled, hmm? We'll head into town, there's a bar I need to visit. Ah-ha, don't give me that look, I need to talk to someone."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Rekka's brow furrowed again, hands planted on her hips. All this talk was so serious and didn't help much at all. Other than the fact that something with the spirits had started this mess there wasn't much else to gain. Well, that and the fact that little Hao here was already gathering his followers for the Shaman Tournament.

A heavy sigh escaped Rekka; it looked like Celine had already decided on things for the pair. Ah, well, to be honest Rekka didn't mind the thought of following along after Hao. He'd been a fascinating character within the series, now was a chance to get to know him as an actual person. Still, that was a strange thing to become a reality.

"No, it's fine though, I could use a beer." A brief pause followed and Rekka could swear she could feel the look Celine was shooting her for the comment. "Seriously, steal me a beer, I need the drink. Maybe some pants too while we're at it."

Being in Mexico was one thing but being in a place with such lawlessness and in naught but a few ill-fitted tops and no pants at all, well, the thought worried Rekka a little. As a child she wasn't all that strong, she'd never been physically. If anything were to happen, well, Rekka didn't want to find out what would happen in the end of things.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:27 pm

It was hard to take Reks statement seriously...When she was older, yea, she would have indulged but...Now it was just plain funny to think of her drinking when her body was small!

"I..I don't know if that's possible right now, Reks..." Celine commented after a moment. She shook her head then, trying to gather her thoughts, "I guess we're following you then...Ah, my name is Celine. This is Rekka..."

Celine shuffled then. She wasn't sure if she was comfortable with that situation but what could they do? This world was both familiar and unfamiliar to them. Currently, they were stuck, big time.

"It's good to meet you both. My name is Hao Asakura. Don't worry, no one will do anything to harm you. This place isn't so bad."

With that said, Hao seemed content on moving on. Celine glanced back at Reks, shrugged, and followed after. They'd have to get Reks some new clothing that fit, not that she knew much about clothing here in the first place.

The walk would be a shorter distance than Celine had anticipated. It seemed they weren't that far from a small town though, where it was she couldn't say.

Celine glanced around, noting the bar that they were approaching. She didn't quite feel comfortable here but what could she do? She'd stick with Reks to ensure no one got hurt.

"Who is it you need to visit? You're a little young to be frequenting a bar..."

Hao merely chuckled as he walked right in, glancing at the people around him,
"Don't worry. I'm simply here to speak with someone, that's all."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Rekka's response of "No, I want to though" seemed to go ignored as Celine took to introducing them instead. Maybe that was best; drinking in this small body probably would only make her drunk instead of maybe a little tipsy at worst. Rekka huffed at that. Stuck in a situation when she could have appreciated a good drink and she couldn't even indulge.

'Just my luck...' she thought. Nonetheless she trailed after Hao. There wasn't much reason not to and at least Rekka knew what he was planning. Now it was just a matter of if they'd stick around or be tossed to the side after awhile.

"Well, can we make it a side mission to get me pants?" Rekka reiterated. It was awkward, shambling around like she was now. She had to look ridiculous, she was amazed that Hao hadn't commented on it at all. Perhaps he saw no need to.

Still, if this was Mexico and he was this young then it must be Peyote he was here to collect. Was it that early? 'Celine and I would have been born this year,' Rekka mused, quite sure she had the year right. It was strange to think of it like that, much less to even entertain the thought of time travel along with everything else.

"So, you said 'spirited away' earlier. Any idea by what, per chance?" Rekka wondered finally, glancing around idly. It was an attempt to clear her racing mind and something to focus on was better than nothing at all even if the topic was worrying.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Celine glanced down toward Reks...This would be really hard to get used to. She seemed annoyed and why wouldn't she be? This wasn't normal at all. It would have been dream like if it was an actual dream.

Still, Celine tried to remain quiet and simply glance around. If worse came to worse, they might have to figure out what to do here. Celine just wanted to be prepared for the worst...

It was Reks who spoke up, asking about what this spiriting away actually meant or how it happened. Celine was curious as well, only knowing briefly on what being 'spirited away' meant.

"Hmm? Well, ghosts can do such things," he answered her finally, "The malicious ones at least. Demons are more likely to do such things, however. Have you gotten involved with such things?"

Celine shook her head briefly. There was no way that could happen. Demons...those things didn't happen often in their world.

"The most I've delved into was tarot readings," she answered, "Nothing more than that."

"Haha! Well, that's an interesting hobby but won't attract too many wandering eyes in terms of demons. No, I believe those things are closer to you than you realize."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 4:47 am

Tarot readings wouldn't do much, Rekka knew that before Hao even answered. If that hadn't been the case Rekka would have been doomed long ago if something that simple triggered this kinda thing; her mother had read tarot cards quite a lot when she was little after all. Well... little the first time around, she should say. The correction to herself caused her to scowl briefly. This mess was too damn confusing.

"Cryptic. Lovely."

A brief pause followed. For a moment Rekka wondered about Hao once more. He didn't seem to be too openly curious about Rekka's state of attire or her speech patterns and obvious knowledge. She was in a child's body but didn't act anything like it, but then neither did he. Perhaps he already pieced together what she and Celine hadn't.

Her bare feet burned on the sun-baked ground though Rekka stubbornly kept her mouth shut about it. If nothing else that and her curiosity of Hao left her able to focus better, her anger cooling. No longer was she so loudmouthed and probably highly annoying--at least for the moment. Instead of all that she picked up her pace, having to fuss with the now oversized shirt and jacket to do so, to better match Hao's own stride.

"So, then what sorts of things do attract demons?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Celine tried to keep an eye on Reks. It was weird to have her trotting by Celine's side. To think she was so small once again...It was strange. Why did it happen this way? How did it even happen? The series was strange, true enough, but for this to happen...Celine found herself very confused.

She shook her head a moment later. What could they do? The most she figured was try to survive. Celine figured for the time being, that would be enough. Still, she wasn't sure how Rekka felt about the entire thing. Panicked, Celine was sure.

Reks brought up a good question though. If demons were involved, what attracted them? On top of that, what would have been so appealing for them to target Celine and her friend. Hao seemed to take this into account, thinking it over before he answered.

"Misery tends to be a rather large attraction," he answered Reks easily, "Or anger, sometimes envy. They like the worst emotions in humans, feed on it. Sometimes, it can make them stronger, so they attach themselves to certain people."

He spoke of this as if it were casual conversation. For Hao, maybe it was. This was his life, after all. Still, the thought disturbed Celine. She and Reks didn't have what one would call happy lives...

"So you're suggesting...?"

"That demons have attached themselves to you two, yes."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Rekka didn't have to glance at Celine to know she was worrying and probably gnawing at her lip because of it. Instead she chose to try to sate her curiosity and get an answer or two. At the very least Hao seemed to have no reason to keep them in the dark. Rekka appreciated that even knowing what she did about future events.

The answer though, the fact that demons had attached themselves to the pair of friends, that was concerning. Rekka's brow furrowed and he found herself clenching her jaw as she thought about that. Negative emotions, huh? Well, she supposed they'd picked a perfect pair then. Even so Rekka was enthused about that if only due to the fact that she was now a child yet again.

"All right, well, I feel like I should ask for Celine then; is there any way to get them to go away?" A pause followed and when Rekka spoke again there was almost a sly look to her. "Or can I make it my bitch somehow?"

Rekka wasn't sure if she or Celine would even be able to see spirits at all. If they could, well, at least there was that to work on and strive towards among trying to survive but if not then she was sure they'd be cast aside once Hao realized this. She wondered if it was only the demons attaching to the pair of girls that had drawn him to them. Part of Rekka hoped she could do something in this world, or whatever it was, now that they were here.

She pushed the thoughts away before she really delved into them, growing broodier. Now that the initial burst of anger had passed she was merely confused, curious, a little wary and even eager. Eager for what though? Rekka couldn't say only that it was better to be eager to do something rather than to worry about it all.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 pm

The thought that a demon or demons could have been around she and Reks made Celine nervous. She tried not to worry about it but it really was unsettling...

Reks beat her to another question. The way she spoke, did she plan on trying to use the demon if it was possible? Celine recalled that it was a possibility within the series. Demons were some of the most powerful spirits out there...

Hao chuckled, as if he were amused by the thought. Maybe he was, who knew. Celine didn't pretend to know anything about him other than what she had read.

"In a sense, you can use them, but it is difficult," he explained, "First of all, you need to have shamanic powers. If you do not, then you'd have to die and come back to the world of the living. Only then, can you see those demons. Afterward, it's having the will to control them before they control you. It's a very difficult feat for the weak of heart."

Celine glanced down at Reks then. What was she thinking? Would she take that opportunity? Neither of them even knew if they could see these so called demons! To die...that was a scary thought.

"That all sounds...pleasant," Celine said sarcastically. Hao laughed, the sound seemingly pleasant once again.

"You don't sound so enthusiastic. Don't worry, I understand. Death in and of itself is a terrifying thought when you don't know what's beyond it."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:01 am

Rekka blinked, brow furrowing as she grew thoughtful. If she could come to use a demon in the manner any shaman used a spirit... Still, she didn't even know if she could view spirits. Besides, what did he mean by dying? Wasn't there a cave in Yoh's old home town that mimicked death that did the trick, or did Hao mean literally dying?

Her pace slowed as she allowed the conversation to carry on without her input. Was she even listening anymore? It was anyone's best guess. There was too much on Rekka's mind now. Too long she'd felt pushed to the side and forgotten. Even her artwork didn't seem to inspire much in anyone even if claims that she was good were given. A chance to be useful...

The thought was enticing yet she couldn't be sure she'd even amount to much... Still, she had to try at some point, right?

So lost in thought was Rekka that she hadn't realized just when the trio had arrived in a little town, bustling with people. Despite the bright sun beating down upon their shoulders, no one seemed fazed by it much here. Perhaps they were used to it, or were simply ignoring it.

Only when she blinked around, realizing that she received an odd look or two--surely for her now ill-fitting attire--did Rekka speak up.

"Quaint place..."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:22 pm

There was a lot to think about as they walked. Naturally that would be the case. Celine didn't even want to think of what might be going through Reks head at that moment. She'd always been an eager one...would she take up the risk of dying just to see these demons?

Celine, for one, wasn't sure what the right choice in all of this would be. She knew, in the long run, Hao had a point. She even likened him more to an anti-hero by the end of things.

To think they could be involved though? That was a scary thought. Celine wasn't sure she wanted to be involved, in the end.

She shook the thoughts away as they finally entered a small town. Never being to Mexico herself, she didn't know what to expect. It certainly wasn't this, however. She narrowed her gaze slightly, trying to ignore the stares.

"We'll have to find you some clothing that will fit later," Celine finally said in a hushed tone, "Though, I'm not even sure if there's anything around."

"That can be dealt with in time, don't worry," Hao finally brought up, "Right now, I'd like to take care of this before anything else. Who knows, perhaps this person might help you out."

It wasn't like Celine didn't know who he was talking about at this point. She tried to shove it aside for better things. They were approaching a bar now and briefly she hoped there wouldn't be too much trouble in all of this.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Rekka huffed, shooting an equally irritated look at Celine. "That's what I was saying earlier," she pointed out. It had gone rather ignored then.

A sigh escaped her then. Even among people, gathering attention like they were, it seemed it was backseat to recruiting Peyote. 'Oh, well. Not like I'm unused to that,' Rekka brooded. A good portion of her life was spent in the background after all. If anything else it was something she was resigned to though it made her lean towards trying to be useful for a new start in this strange world...

"I guess we'll see, huh?" she relented instead.

Peyote though... would he be willing to help her? She couldn't say she knew what he was like right now, truthfully he hadn't been a character she'd paid much attention to when this was all just fiction. Maybe she should have, Rekka realized in hindsight.

Despite that, Rekka spared a glance around. Up ahead she spotted a glimpse of green--was that him? She didn't know too many people who ran around with green hair so Rekka figured it must be. In any case, Hao seemed to be leading them straight to that person.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Celine was frazzled and she didn't appreciate the comment Reks parted with. Saying anything on the matter would have worsened the situation. Besides, they were in the middle of a desert, not sure what direction to head in, and Celine wasn't even sure if this place took American currency, not that she had anything on her. She couldn't really do anything for Reks at the moment.

So she left it as is, merely following Hao. Keeping quiet, that was just how she lived her life. She stood up for herself on occasion or when it was needed, true, but she still let far too many people walk over her.

Call it her nature. Her nerves grew too shot when it came to things like that. There was no point in worsening what was already bothering her.

As they entered the bar, Celine hung back a little. She wasn't fond of places like this. Hao strode on confidently, ignoring the pair behind the counter. Celine glanced at Reks, wondering just what she would be deciding to do in the end.

"Ey, what are you kids doing here?" the man they knew as Peyote called out, "Bars no place for any of you..."

He trailed off, taking a moment to glance down at Hao who had approached him so confidently. For a moment, Peyote had only stared, the cigarette between his lips simply hanging there. Eventually, is slipped from his mouth as if he were stunned to see the kid there.

Why that was, Celine couldn't say. She just tried not to smile. Given the gravity of the situation, she didn't want to laugh. It was a little hard not to, however.

"We'll leave," Hao finally said, "But first, if it's alright, I'd like to talk to you, a little more privately, that is."

For his part, Peyote didn't seem to protest. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, his attention drawn away from Hao for only a moment. Just what had him so stunned?

"I can spare a little time, that's it," he finally agreed, raising from his seat "Need to get these kids out of here anyways..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Rekka merely blinked in response to Peyote's greeting of sorts. Of course she and Hao would be told to beat it, looking like they did. Folding her arms over her thin chest, Rekka scoffed. She wasn't goin' anywhere lest she wanted to. At the moment she was interested in what might happen next with Hao. A small part of her hoped that she wouldn't need to die and come back to life to see spirits as well...

Before she could say much in her defense Peyote's expression had changed upon falling on Hao. It was rather embarrassing standing there and watching this, the grown man's eyes wide and his cigarette falling from his lips. All Rekka could think to do to lessen her embarrassment for Peyote was to clear her throat, an attempt to bring things around.

Hao seemed to have things under control however, not that that was very surprising. Instead Rekka could only glance around, rocking on her feet once or twice. If they were to speak privately what was she and Celine supposed to do?

"I guess we'll just... wait here then," Rekka muttered, trailing off. She wasn't too comfortable doing just that, dressed as she was and probably very obviously American. Were Americans hated now as much as they would be? Rekka couldn't say.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Celine rubbed the back of her neck, shifting awkwardly. There wasn't much to say within the situation. Hao seemed interested in Peyote, as the story would play out. If he had a place for them as well, he hadn't said it just yet.

"Don't take too long..." she finally said as they were on their way out.

It was only at that moment did Hao pause, glancing at the pair of them. That eerily pleasant smile returned to his lips. Anyone who didn't know...they would have thought that was friendly.

"Oh don't worry. I'll be back for you two as well. There's potential here, you see. You just need to be willing to grasp it."

Celine wasn't sure if she could feel any more creeped out at that moment. For a second, he seemed to smile at Rekka before he walked out. Peyote didn't seem to mind either way and simply followed, leaving the pair to wonder just what was going to happen.

"Well this is all...unsettling..." Celine spoke up quietly. She glanced down at Reks at that moment, "What are you thinking?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Rekka sighed as Celine took to shepherding her out of the bar with Celine. Of course Celine wouldn't want to stay in here with these people, most of who might not even know any English. Still, Rekka was both curious and a little antsy to do something. It didn't seem like that was going to happen anytime soon though.

Hao's words stopped them and the pair turned to see him smiling pleasantly at them yet again. It was almost unnerving this time, those dark eyes gleaming as if in amusement. Perhaps he was, their thoughts laid bare to him whether he liked it or not. Though he'd not said anything about it, or acted on it Hao surely had to know...

"Right..."

It wouldn't be until they were out of the bar did Celine speak up, perhaps glad that a wary bartender and a bar's patrons weren't leering at them now. Surely they might have thought little Rekka would be up to something. Rekka sighed again--my, she was doing a lot of that today. She supposed it was justified though.

Offering a shrug, Rekka answered her. "That depends, what are you asking about in particular?"

If Rekka admitted that she was debating on dying and reviving, or however it worked--wasn't there a cave that simulated death, after all? Rekka thought there was--she knew that Celine would only grow anxious and maybe end up panicking. The last thing they needed was to deal with a panic attack in this weird situation.

Shaking her head, Rekka blinked up at Celine to gauge her expression. 'Jeez, this is weird,' she reflected. She'd been the shorter of the pair, sure, but never like this. An inch or two was nothing compared to a couple feet.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:17 pm

The heat outside was somewhat unbearable to Celine. She hated the heat, if she was completely honest with herself. Still, it wasn't like they could do anything about it right now. When they figured out what they were doing, then they could tackle the rest.

Celine studied Reks as she spoke. It wasn't difficult to figure out what she might be thinking, not really. They'd known each other for years now, how could it not be easy to tell?

She shook her head before she finally spoke, "You're going to do this revival thing, aren't you?"

Celine worried about that. If it didn't work, if Rekka didn't come back or something happened on the way, she could be lost forever. The thought didn't surprise Celine, not one bit. Rekka would take the risk if she wanted to but...It didn't keep Celine from worrying.

"We both know what happens," she finally continued, "and chances are, Hao already has an idea of everything too so...what is it that you want to do?"

If she was truthful, Celine was lost here. She wasn't a fighter, she wasn't even that social. She felt lost, uncertain. In those thoughts, she really felt utterly alone.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 pm

It was quiet between the pair for a few seconds. Rekka hadn't needed to glance up at Celine to know she was being observed. Celine's gaze bore into her like fire and yet Rekka didn't flinch beneath the attention. This wasn't the first time this had happened albeit in more normal situations.

Upon Celine's accurate guess Rekka heaved a sigh and a shrug. It wasn't surprising at all that Celine had guessed what was on Rekka's mind so easily. The two had known each other for years now, akin to sisters than simply friends. It would have been startling if she hadn't had some inkling, actually.

"What can I say? It's interesting to know I could try to do it," Rekka justified easily enough. Though she said this Rekka was worried about what that would entail and if she would end up failing in the long run. But she'd never know if she didn't try... right?

She shoved her hands in her jacket pockets, ignoring the heat and the sun beating down on them where it could. There was only so much shade to shelter under while they waited for Hao and Peyote. Really, there was no reason their being here would change Peyote's joining Hao's followers after all. Still, it was unavoidable, their presence would change things eventually, but what and how?

Another shake of the head--how many was that now today?--before Rekka met Celine's gaze. She couldn't lie to Celine, not about this sort of thing. She'd always been fond of Hao as a character but to get to know him personally... it was a chance Rekka wasn't sure she could willingly pass up.

"I would like to tag along with them, if I'm... if we're able to."

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Celine finally glanced elsewhere. She leaned against the building, ignoring how hot it was against her skin. Tapping her foot against the ground, she lost herself in momentary thought.

Could she let Rekka do it? By all means, it was her decision and Celine knew that. The risk of death, the risk of her being left behind in a world she was unfamiliar with, that scared Celine.

What could she say? 'Don't do it?'. She had her doubts that Reks would simply allow that to fly. Still, there wasn't a whole lot either of them could go on either...

"I figured you would," she finally said, swallowing hard. Her throat felt dry, scratchy, and the heat wasn't helping, "I don't really know what to do..."

If Reks went, Celine would follow. Would she have a place there, though, among shamans and people who would fight for the world? She didn't want to feel like she was a burden to anyone or needed to be protected. It left a hollow feeling in her chest, her heart beating too quickly.

So she tried to change the subject to something lighter. She needed it if she was going to get through the rest of the day, "You know...I can't push you on Peyote now, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next