AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm by Salya

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

» Once Upon A Time
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Share | 

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Rekka offered a brief wave of her hand, a dismissive thing, really. She wasn't so much offended as just mildly annoyed. The thought of being ignored wasn't a pleasant one and left Rekka put off more times than not. It was an easy way to get on her bad side quickly.

Despite that Rekka offered a lofty "All is forgiven!" which seemed to elicit a scoff from Mohammed next.

Attention soon turned towards what Celine might write and Rekka's art. It was nice, having people ask about it and show an interest. Perhaps for Celine more than Rekka even. The older woman--and Celine was, or had been, older by a few months originally--always took it hard on herself when she felt her writing wasn't up to snuff. Sometimes Rekka wondered if her praise had somewhat lessened effect after so long of being friends. Nonetheless she never brought it up nor thought long and hard about it.

"I see. Well, I look forward to any works you may share around the camp either way," Mohammed answered.

Rekka grinned briefly knowing that might take awhile. Celine's confidence wasn't nearly as bold as Rekka's after all. It might do Celine some good though, to let Mohammed see some stories at least. None of Celine's works were particularly long after all, more short stories than anything.

She blinked, drawn from that pleasant thought to Hao as he commented again on Rekka's skill. For a moment she wasn't sure what to say. Was he intentionally bringing the topic back around to her? Flattering as that may be it was a little odd... Nonetheless Rekka didn't dwell on it for longer than a second or two.

"Consider it entertained," she nearly cheered. Not even a moment after this she patted her upper arm where a tattoo had once laid bare for all to see. With the age reversal it seemed the ink had disappeared as well. Perhaps for the best, lest the tattoos stretch and grow distorted and ugly with a growing body. "Maybe I'll get into tattooing while I'm at it! I'll get all inked up when I'm older, it'll be super sexy!"

"Sisters you two might be yet it seems you've been cut from different cloths," Mohammed observed. Rekka hardly noticed the mildly disturbed look upon his face at the idea of what appeared to be a five- or six-year-old announcing that she'd be 'sexy' one day.

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:36 pm

The thought of someone reading her stories left her a little apprehensive. Still, she spared a smile and a nod in response. There wasn't a need to be rude about that thought. She'd never been particular about letting others she didn't know see her work, however.

If anything, Reks was enthusiastic about what Hao had said. She beamed proudly, sticking out her chest as she did so. What she said next left Celine biting her lip, trying hold in laughter bubbling up in her throat.

"I...I don't think you'll need to worry too much about those things for a while," Celine answered instead.

"You're quite the confident one! But I feel like I agree with Mohammed, you two are so different, it's like you're not even related."

That thought made her uncomfortable for a moment. It wasn't as if Hao had really parted with any truth but still...he knew. At least for now, their secret was still safe.

"I've heard a lot of that in the past," she answered with a chuckle, "Reks is fiery. I've never quite been that way myself."

"It's a simple balance, you reflect each other," Hao stated in return, "Ah, we've been chatting for a while. Perhaps we should eat, hmm?"

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Rekka deflated a little at that. Tattooists required one to be at least sixteen-years-old to work on them and that was with parental consent... A sigh escaped her at that. So long to wait... And she had a couple she wanted to get again so badly.

She blinked again at the shift in topics. It was no secret that Celine and Rekka could sometimes be as different as night and day. Despite that they'd had no reason not to be friends despite the usual squabble here and there in their lives. Oh, well, it made things interesting.

"Yes, perhaps you might be able to stomach something now," Mohammed was saying as he turned to Celine.

Had she been having trouble with that while she and Hao were away? Rekka didn't get much of a chance to ask--perhaps later she'd be able to--before Rekka turned to the fire where she'd left her supplies nearest to. She had the itch to draw now that she'd gone and doodled across Peyote's guitar.

"I enjoy this plan," she declared as she went.

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Reks didn't say much in return. She looked a little deflated at the mention of a wait. It would be hell, Celine knew, having to grow up all over again. She couldn't quite blame her friend.

For the moment, Reks walked away with Hao. The evening was drawing nearer and Celine was sure she'd be up during the late hours of the night. It was getting harder and harder to want sleep now...

She glanced at Mohammed, having momentarily forgotten that they were going to sit down and eat. Celine was just happy with water to start with.

"Yea, I suppose we should," she finally answered, sparing a smile. Her stomach would twist in knots when she ate but even forcing something down was better than nothing at all, "You look worried. It's okay, I'll be fine, eventually."

Somehow, she would be. Celine couldn't leave Reks alone and so, she had every intention to keep pushing as much as she could. Even so, these nights were becoming a little tough to deal with. She shook the thought out of her mind as she followed after Mohammed.

---- [ x ] ----

Things were quieting down now for the most part. Peyote was plucking at the strings of his guitar, perhaps trying to think of something to play. Hao didn't mind either way. This group, small as it was, seemed content with each other for the moment.

He glanced at Rekka who's expression had sobered a bit. The thought of having to grow up again seemed to have had it's effected. Hao had been through enough life times that it didn't bother him anymore.

He pushed the thought aside, chuckling a bit as she spoke up. "Hungry, are you?" he teased lightly, "I suppose the walk was quite long."

They had spent the day doing nothing but walking. He was surprised she still had so much energy in that tiny body. Then again, most children were this way.

"You should sit down at least. I'm surprised you're even still able to walk."

A little banter here wouldn't be too bothersome. She'd grow more comfortable in time whilst she left her friend in anothers care. So far, things were becoming interesting. This story that they had seen, it would no doubt play out different now that he knew how it ended.

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Mohammed's concern lessened when Celine agreed to getting something in her belly. It would be better than nothing at all even if her stomach rejected it later. Throwing up water would at least be better than only bile after all. For the time being he said nothing on that and merely led the way nearer to the fireside. Whether that's where they chose to stay seated or not once they had their food had yet to be seen however.

"Of that I have no doubt," he agreed, sparing her a smile. "But for the moment allow me my brief worry. I've yet to see just what everyone here is capable of after all."

Truthfully, until he figured that out he might be a bit on edge. What sorts of things he had to watch out for from the others, they were things to keep an eye on. Foul tempers could lead to betrayal or worse... Those who were easily swayed could injure themselves and others... These thoughts and more swirled through Mohammed's mind before he banished them for a time.

"Besides, I'm afraid I'm not sure what else to talk to you about thus far," he admitted further.

----[x]----
She could hear Hao chuckling as he followed after her. Was it really so amusing that she was hungry? Ah, whatever. It wasn't too important and Hao did seem to be amused by many things anyways, or maybe it was just because of how brazen she was despite knowing what she did about him and what was to come.

"I wouldn't turn down food if I could help it," she answered simply, a shrug of her shoulders followed suit.

She blinked over her shoulder at him, at what appeared to be concern. Was it really concern or not though? It was hard to tell, given how he never seemed to befriend anyone who followed him... Rekka tried to shake the thought away for the time being. Dwelling on those things wouldn't do much good now anyways. Besides, she wasn't so easy to shake away once she had an idea in mind or grew a little attached to someone. It usually did't take long before she decided she liked someone or not after all.

"Maybe I will if you join me," Rekka announced simply. She wanted to try to befriend Hao, after all, so she'd do as she always did. She was too painfully honest to be subtle about anything like that anyways. "I can't believe you're not hungry either anyways."

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:46 pm

She spared a smile at his words. Having people worry about her wasn't an uncommon thing but it always felt unfamiliar. Maybe it was just because she did all the worrying most days. Someone fretting over her well being, it was nice.

"I'll try to get used to that," she answered after a moment, "You're very kind, Mohammed."

Celine knew he was but she was also aware of that side that could be ruthless. Under the circumstances, she knew that those things had to be done. She just wasn't sure she could bring herself to do them as well.

A soft chuckle left her after his other comment. There wasn't much to say. Celine never quite thought of herself as a terribly interesting person.

"Well, there's not much I can say that would make me terribly interesting. I was a shut in mostly, worked in a library, and my days off were spent home."

Celine didn't ask much about him. There wasn't need to, she already knew enough. She didn't want to put him in a position that might be awkward. Besides, Celine wasn't sure she could stomach what he'd been through anyways.

---- [ x ] ----

Hao spared her a glance and a pleasant smile. The thoughts running through her head were strange ones. Friendship was something he had long since left behind. After all, everyone he'd ever trusted betrayed him in the end.

She would be the same. Hao expected that kind of thing to repeat over and over. Truthfully, he didn't put his trust in any of these people. They were pawns, nothing more, and he kept them happy to manipulate them.

"Haha, my, you're quite the brave one," he complimented lightly, "But I find I like that about you."

The fiery personality wasn't a bad thing. He knew it could be useful, when it was used right. There was a time and a place for such things, however.

"A little. Most days I survive without much. I'm quite alright." he answered her.

It wouldn't be long before they could take what food that was cooked and stock piled. Having people from different cultures always brought quite the variety when it came to whoever took up the duty to cook that day.

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Mohammed smiled, passing up Hao and Celine's sister on the way to the bonfire, and nodded towards Celine. Truthfully, he was hungry as well, flying atop Spirit of Fire for so long after being rescued from certain death by the small shaman who allied with it. How long since he'd eaten as well? Mohammed had forgotten, his own health not as nearly at the forefront of his mind as everything else just yet.

From the sounds of things there would be plenty of time to rest and recuperate anyways.

"Is that so?" Mohammed offered, glancing at her. She certainly did seem like the bookish type from her appearance. The fact that she liked to write just aided that new fact. "And the types of books you enjoyed were...?"

She didn't seem to mind his curiosity. In truth this was a new side of Americans he'd never seen before, it was only natural he would want to sate that curiosity. Now was his chance and until Celine shooed him away for it he would indulge.

----[x]----

"Mmmhmmm!" she hummed in reply. Hao was a pleasant person to converse with but it made her wonder how openly honest he might be. All the same, like food, Rekka wasn't one to turn down a compliment. "How else do you go about experiencing new things if you're too scared to?"

Besides, if she wasn't brave she wouldn't have stuck with Hao knowing what she did about him and of what might transpire still. Or maybe it was stupidity.

Rekka shook her head at Hao's answer. Surviving with little, she did too much of that before now to like the thought of anyone else doing so too. She liked the thought even less when it was someone she liked doing just that.

"Bullshit. There's more than enough food to go around, so you're gonna eat too," she demanded.

From the looks of it no one was looking out for Hao's health and he certainly made sure only to keep himself going strong. So, Rekka would take it upon herself to do so. That's what friends did for each other, after all, they looked out for one another's well-being. As such, the first thing she did was to take up a bowl and pile on food that looked tasty enough before thrusting it in Hao's direction for him to take.

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Briefly, she wondered how well he was. How long how it had been since he'd last eaten or slept. The bags under his eyes showed such a lack of it. She wondered if sleep would come easy at all for the a while.

At least if someone was up, she'd have someone around to talk to...In hindsight, she felt a little selfish. Who knew though...maybe it was an opportunity to get to know him better.

The thought made her cheeks warm for a moment and those thoughts were broken when he spoke up again.

"Oh, uh...I read a lot of historical fiction, specifically. Something about that genre just appeals to me. Honestly, I've always been a bit of a history buff and I love learning about other cultures too. Some of those books gave me a lot of insight."

She cleared her throat, aware that she was rambling a little. Maybe she had more to say than she thought. Celine didn't quite mind though. It took her mind off of things.

---- [ x ] ----

Rekka certainly was an interesting one. Of course, she was a lot older in her mentality than she let on. She was no child and he knew it. It was no wonder why she acted and spoke the way she did.

"Is that why you're so incredibly eager to join in the world of shamans?" he answered with a laugh.

It was obvious that was the case. She wanted something new out of life, having something of a mundane one. Hao didn't quite blame her, having peeked a bit in her past.

Hao laughed in response to her demands. Really, there weren't many who would outright order him to do something, so this change of pace was quite nice. He liked a bit of a challenge, if he was honest with himself.

"Oh my, well I'll just have to do that!" he joked in response, "I'm a tad afraid of what you might do otherwise!"

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 pm

He'd taken up a plate, a flimsy looking thing though it held firm in his hand, and held it to Celine as she stuttered out an answer. Perhaps Mohammed's question in her interests surprised her. No one here seemed to be in a rush for food but for Celine's sister though no one seemed to say anything of this. Everyone here seemed to have their preferred group as it was, however, so perhaps this was why it was overall rather quiet.

"History, huh? I can't say I managed to learn much about that," he admitted. "Perhaps you might share a bit of what you know over time."

Information was power, after all. That thought was pushed aside as he studied the food to choose from. It wasn't much of a selection though there was obviously more than enough for the small group of shamans now. Whatever it was it smelled all right though Mohammed could not begin to say what it might actually be. Due to this he cautiously spooned a bit out for himself on his own plate.

"I imagine you've found many books on the topic," Mohammed assumed further.

----[x]----

Rekka offered a shrug and a shake of her head. She couldn't quite put into words why she was so eager for a shamanic lifestyle; perhaps it was the novelty of it, or maybe it was the fact that Rekka enjoyed trying everything. If she'd had time and the means to she'd travel all over the world and experience it all herself. But that was a childish dream and not something that could be done in one life much less in a world that demanded rigid living standards to everyone.

Tending to Hao's meal was a simple, quick thing and she was more than happy that he took the bowl of food without a fuss. Maybe he was only humoring her though. Honestly, he hadn't seemed the type to go about doing as he was told.

"Ha! You say that like I'm any kind of a threat," she joked. If he wanted Hao could kill her where she stood, she knew that. Despite that she felt no reason not to hold back or act dishonestly because of it.

With that said, Rekka turned and promptly began to fish out her own portion of food before it was too late to. Though there was plenty to go around Rekka was all too used to getting a smaller portion than she'd like if she didn't get to food first.

Zer0
Zer0

PokéPartner :

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Celine took the offered plate gingerly, aware that she probably wouldn't put much on it. She would at least try, not to worry Rekka or even Mohammed at this point. Celine didn't admit it but she knew she was losing weight...

She shook off the thought, instead focusing on his words. If anything, there seemed to be some interest there. If she was honest, Celine was more used to just being in the background. Talking about her interests was weird.

"If you're interested, I don't mind," she answered lightly, "I don't know a whole lot but I'll share what I know."

Who knew, it might help him in approaching others in time. Celine held out hopes that it might. History and culture was very important so she wanted to know as much as she could.

She focused on the food a little, spooning a little onto her plate. It wasn't much and she knew she wouldn't stomach a lot of it but it was better than nothing. Besides, there was no point in worrying anyone anymore than they already would.

"If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to learn more about your culture too," she mentioned after a long pause, "I never got to delve too deeply into it for...well, the usual American reason. People are too afraid or close minded and schools are sensitive about it, you know? It's a real shame."

---- [ x ] ----

Rekka took it upon herself to grab food for the both of them. Hao didn't mind. It was honestly a little funny to see her fuss over him, much like she already did to Celine.

He didn't mind and took the offered food when she was finished. If anything, it was something to fill his stomach. He'd make a point to eat as much as he could, just to see what she'd do.

"You never know, you might be," he answered lightly in return.

Demons weren't meant to be taken lightly. They were some of the most powerful souls among the spirit realm, if only because they could take physical form. They were very dangerous in the hands of a shaman.

"I'm certainly excited to see what someone with so much determination could do with a demon."

She'd never be as strong as he was but she would probably be among the strongest here in time. With some practice and understanding, she'd be fine. A few years of training would put her in a favorable position.

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   

Back to top Go down

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4