AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Empty
PostSubject: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Resident Evil:The Side Stories Ch.2 The Beginning

This is going to be immensely stupid isn't it?

Here's the second flashback, the first one was in the other chapter. This is when Ricardo and Rosalina begin to like one another...

I'm still confused as to why we had the first flashback - neither Ricardo or Rosabitch were there to have the first one.

Ricardo glanced up as soon as he heard her voice; looking straight at her he could make out that she was on the phone with someone.

She maneuvered the phone to her right shoulder as she balanced the clipboards in her hands, "Si porque yo no puedo Abuela...te amo tabien Aubelita...bye." she hung up and gave an irritated sigh as though the phone call had worn her out.

And to Rosalina, it had.

Abuela Karla Rivera had always been a tough woman; she had been born in Spain and her first husband Devante Rivera, who was also Rosalina's grandfather, never dared to put down his wife. And so, Rosalina assumed she got her attitude from her. She wished her own mother would be able to do that...

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Tumblr_lxbnwzMBSO1r12aq9o1_500

Ricardo knew he shouldn't care whether Rosie was here.

And yet he does, irrationally so, because this is a Gabby fic.

He should've just left and not gave a damn, but alas he found himself staring at her again. His previous assignment lay forgotten.

Again, irrationally so because this is a Gabby fic. Newsflash here; if your fics all are this predictable and dry then you're doing something wrong. Likewise if all of your couplings share the same formula in how they fall for one another, hook up and react and interact with one another then you are SO doing something immensely wrong.

Rosalina finally turned around and caught his handsome face looking straight at her.

It really disturbs me how there isn't so much as an average or ugly looking person in these fics. All characters are described in flattering terms or we're told they are outright pretty, attractive, handsome or hot.

This caused the woman's heart to jump but she quickly recovered by placing a hand on her hip, the clipboards falling noisily to the floor.

Why exactly did she just drop the clipboards?

"Can I help you, Lopez?"

He stood up straight and puffed out his chest trying to retain his confident figure, "I was just going to ask where those boxes go."

Her brown eyes trailed to the boxes behind him as she tilted her head to the right, "Over there." she then bent down to collect the fallen clipboards.

Why did Gabby think any of this was important enough for a chapter? We don't know these characters ergo we don't give a fat flying fuck about them. All this is is Gabby thinking we all care about her creations so much that we must know ever minor detail in their lives.

"Thank you." he muttered before going back over to them, as he bent down to get the first big beige colored box the question she had asked him almost made him lose his grip.

"Leonardo is your brother isn't he?" it pained her to say her ex-lover's name, especially to his younger brother.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_1495_1330049487

When she stood up and looked back at Ricardo it was then she noticed that he had tensed.

Ricardo's eyebrow twitched at the mention of his brother who was currently serving in the Navy.

When Rosalina found herself listening to silence she let out a shaky breath before continuing, "I really don't understand why your parents, no offense, named him that. Are you sure you’re Mexican?"

None of this is relevant to the main storyline. Side stories, while being just that, have something to do with the main story, have something to contribute to it. This does not. It's just Gabby getting off on her own characters.

This girl had a lot of nerve to be going third degree on him;

Just like how Gabby has a lot of nerve to think any of us actually give a damn about these two.

he scoffed at her before dropping the box full of medical supplies. Ricardo ran a calloused hand through his thick dark brown hair; he then turned around as his hazel eyes greeted her brown ones. "My father at the time was an aspiring artist; one of his influences was Leonardo Da Vinci. Connect the dots." he finished before going back down to reach for the box.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] 142

Her hand dropped from her hip as her expression changed from sarcasm to a blank face, "Oh." was all she commented on that.

As though he could read her next question he stood back up and turned back to her with a grimace, "My mother named me after Ricky Ricardo from ‘I love Lucy’, go ahead and laugh if you like."

Rosalina stifled a giggle, as Ricardo merely kept his grimace.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] 000f0qyc

"Sorry, my namesake is worse though...I was named after a spy/prostitute. Rosalina Del Marquez, she had been a spy during the Spanish Civil War."

*floundering for a response* Fine! Under that basis I was named after... I don't know... Machine Gun Kelly! You see how easy that is to claim? And not everyone is named after someone else!

"And a hooker." he added in as she smiled. "You win Rosie."

About to comment with a smartass reply Rosalina was approached by a nurse, in an audible voice she whispered in her ear. "Albert is on the phone."

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Picard-facepalm-o-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following weeks passed and during that time period Ricardo and Esmeralda had broken off their engagement.

Ricardo knew Oscar was right; the broad had issues and they weren't good either.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_1495_1330049487
Once again I am forced to say "show don't tell" to this crap.

He sighed as he continued to shine his boots while his mind wandered off, and more ironically it trailed off to Rosie.

That is not irony.
Quote :
iro-ny n 1 : the use of words to express the opposite of what one really means 2 : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the expected results
Nowhere do we have an expression of this idiot not wanting to think of Rosabitch so just suddenly thinking about her does not constitute irony of any sort.

Come to think of it, he hadn't seen her in those weeks and it bugged him. Whoever was on the phone that day they made sure that Rosalina would be away for a long time.

Considering the fact that the Suethor made Wesker have the hots for her shitty-Sue's mother I shudder to think what kind of perverted shit he has her doing.

"Make sure your boots shine." Ricardo looked up and saw Oscar grinning down at him; Ricardo shook his head with a small smirk.

"Whatcha been up to bro?"

"Nada, I did say that right didn't I?"

"Yeah man you did."

I haven't the faintest fucking idea as to what they're talking about here.

Oscar took a chair and sat on it backwards, his muscled arms relaxing in front of him on the chair. "I haven't seen Rosa, have you?"

Ricardo flinched before continuing to shine the black brush over the leather, "Nope."

I never got this the other times she did this with her shit-characters and I certainly don't get it now. Why would just hearing your crush's name cause you to flinch of all things?

Oscar studied the man for a few minutes before sighing, "You have a thing for Rosa?"

He tossed the black brush to the floor as he threw his boot to the side in an angry huff, "No I don't. I couldn't care less, is that all you have to say?" Ricardo said in a sharp tone as Oscar leaned back with a surprised look on his face.

That's kind of an unnecessary and over-the-top reaction, don't you think?

"What the hell has gotten into you? I just asked if you liked her, because I know for a fact that she likes you...of course if she has a thing for violence."

....? I'm sorry, what? You know for a fact that she likes him... if she has a thing for violence? What? What does that even mean?! .... Am I missing something here?

He sighed while covering his face with his hands, "I'm worried about her," he confessed. "No one knows where she is and for all I know she could be with someone already...I should've made a move on her..."

Oscar sighed while folding his arms; a thoughtful expression took over his features. "For long periods of time she'll go away to somewhere else, no one knows where but I’m betting wherever she is...that's where she's been going for five years now."

Isn't Rosabitch a nurse for the Army? I don't quite think she'd be allowed to do that with no one knowing and still keep her job. In fact she'd be nailed for desertion if she did that even once.

His tanned hands dropped from his face as he met eye contact with Oscar, she would go away? To where? Where would she go?

"The Sergeant Major lets her take off?"

"The Sergeant and the General knows where she goes, they're the only ones that know."

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Tumblr_lv12gxnNQ61r0r60n
Of course they do because like Sue-mother like Sue-child. If Karla-Sue is convenienced then by God so is her equally Sue-ish mother!

Oscar replied grimly as Ricardo shook his head while blinking a few times.

"Where? Where on earth is Rosalina?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good work."

She froze upon hearing his voice; she dropped the syringe from her hand as he stepped into her line of view. Rosalina knew all too well who he was, Albert Wesker, top researcher here at Umbrella. Why was she here? Even though she's a scientist for Mercury she was offered a good deal to be here while working for Mercury at the same time.

Proofreading do it. Because you just stated twice in the same statement that Rosabitch works for Mercury when I know you meant to point out how she works for both Mercury and Umbrella.

Considering by Gabby's own fanon that those two corporations are rival corporations I don't think that'd work out how Gabby thinks it would. Rosabitch, working for both, would easily be able to give any insider information to the other corporation if she so desired. She doesn't seem particularly attached or loyal to either one and Umbrella brought her in with a "good deal" by her own words so she could easily be bought off to betray one or the other.

She sighed while gathering her hair into a ponytail before getting back to her previous task, "Can I help you?"

"Indeed, perhaps you can," his voice slithered around her, it was chilling and made the hairs on her neck and arms stand up straight. "My curiosity gets the better of me, why do you keep working for the US Army? Even though you work for Mercury."

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Tumblr_ltylw9To891qaaihx
Wesker has better things to worry about other than sappy-crappy feelings and getting laid. He has plans of world domination and infecting thousands and thousands of people solely under the pretense that he thinks he's God all because he is a Magnificent Bastard.

"Those are my reasons Albert." She said sharply.

Only she knew why, sure it was about her job. She was a Staff Sergeant

You know what? I was joking when I made the "like Sue-mother like Sue-child" statement! But let's check out the parallels here;
-they both apparently look alike
-they both act damn near exactly alike
-they're both desired by (a) canon character(s)
-they both work(ed) in the Army
-both achieved and maintained Staff Sergeant rank
If I didn't know any better I'd reasonably just assume Rosabitch is Karla-Sue.

and the head nurse of her sector here in North America of the Us Army Nurse Corps. But it was not only that, it was because she harbored a deep crush on Ricardo Lopez even though he was already engaged.

Pray tell, when exactly did Rosabitch see Ricardo? The above explanation insinuates she fell for Ricardo before joining the Army in the vain hope she would meet up with him again. But the military is huge and has many bases stationed all over the place. While you can request to be sent to a certain base it's not always guaranteed you'll get it and she'd actively have to find out Ricardo's full name and where he's stationed at first hand. This has stalker vibes written all over it.

Rosalina knew Albert liked her as well, but she just didn't picture herself with him not at all like the way she pictured herself with Ricardo.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Original-9
We've just jumped head first into the vat of abysmal stupidity.

"I understand that, I only ask why you work for Mercury and Umbrella when you work for the Government as well."

Because Gabby hasn't the common sense to realize that working for the military takes up much of one's time and she would not able to manage this under active duty.

She in took a sharp breath before looking up at him, his blue eyes as usual were hidden behind those dark shades of his. "Because, I have to put that degree in Virology to good use somehow."

"While nursing injured soldiers."

"This is not your business to judge."

He cracked a smile

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_14231_1341902903
In the entirety of the Resident Evil series Albert Wesker has only smiled once! That was in a rather obscure section of Umbrella Chronicles. Taken from the Resident Evil wikia:
Quote :
Just as the Ivan was about to attack again, an explosion occurred in the training facility, above. Wesker gave a soft smile as the facility's charges detonated, and the blast caught Sergei and his Ivan off guard so they could shield themselves

before picking up the clipboard from her desk; hastily she snatched it from him without a second thought. "How rude of you Rosalina."

"That’s my clipboard from the Nursing clinic."

"You didn't have to grab it from my hands," he spoke as his voice changed and took on irritation. "You need to remember who you work for."

"Mercury and Mercury only, to Umbrella and you I'm a loan,

Which means you wouldn't be there in the first place unless to snatch data from Umbrella for Mercury. Considering Umbrella's often highly destructive countermeasures to things getting out and about I'd imagine they'd keep a tight watch on you, Rosabitch. Either that or you wouldn't be there in the first place.

and you need to remember that I'm only interested in this job, nothing else." her sharp words would've made anyone back down, but of course Albert Wesker wasn't anyone else.

He held in his annoyance and anger before he would do something he would regret, he then began to walk out of the room she was in before looking back at her over his shoulder. "You can't keep leading a double life for long, in the end you’ll have to choose."

"Good day Wesker." she said ignoring his previous comment.

He stepped out and slammed the door shut behind her,

Wesker does not just slam things like a little child. He only loses his cool once during the entire series and that was to his greatest enemy, Chris Redfield, at the end of RE5.

she let her hands rest flat on the table in front of her while she fought to regain her composure. She wouldn’t have either job for long she wasn’t a big fan on experimenting on animals and humans and thank god she wasn’t in that department.

No, she was gonna quit once she had a family.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE] Original1-1
Yeah, because Umbrella and Mercury are just gonna let you go when you know their deepest, inner most secrets right there! Riiiight! Do keep the joke going, yes? This is actually pretty entertaining.

There would no way in hell her children would ever be involved with these companies, or with making bio-weapons.

No, she wouldn’t want that. For as long as she lived, her family would not become what she had become.

Author, red herrings are only red herrings when the reading audience doesn't already know every minor detail to the red herring you're trying to create. And this little nod to it isn't clever, either.

A person assisting in destroying humanity.

Too late! Mostly because you're all horrible people either way, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [43.2 - ASIDE]
Page 1 of 1