AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 509

[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Yonah waited patiently while Reks and her dad talked. She didn’t mind it much, feeling proud when Reks mentioned all the things she’d started to learn. When her cough wasn’t bothering her or she was too tired to do much Yonah liked being able to draw and make things out and paper and learn new recipes.

It wasn’t until Reks had gone off to practice throwing her knives did Yonah’s father turn to her and talk some more. Yonah blinked up at him curiously before she smiled again.

“Yeah, she’s really nice!” Yonah paused then, brow puckering. “She’s getting really busy lately though, I think Popola and Devola are finding things for her to do when I’m sleeping.”

Yonah waited for her dad to say something after that, maybe to ask something else. Reks was nice but maybe Dad was worried, it was a logical thought but Yonah didn’t see any reason for it. Not now anyways.

As she waited, Yonah began to bob her legs up and down. She wanted to ask him about things he might have seen when he was away but this seemed important too. Yonah wasn’t so little that she didn’t understand that sort of thing. ’Grown ups have a lot to worry about,’ she thought briefly.

“I think she gets sad sometimes though. I see her staring at blank paper for a long time sometimes,” Yonah pointed out after a while.

----[x]----
It did not take long to reach Torres’s residence and even quicker for Hilary to speak to the two guards. They had been noted of the meeting, after all, and the gate was opened for the two to enter to. When he glanced at Cerise she seemed to be in awe of the large place before them as they started up the little path that would lead them to the area they would wait at.

He could hear shots being fired as they neared though Hilary only paid it minimal attention. ’Someone must be using the firing range,’ he reasoned. It was a common practice when people had to wait here for long.

“It may be more important than you know,” Hilary answered, gesturing around the place. “Grand Master Torres resides here when he is not on business elsewhere.”

As they reached the top of the hill the brick path lead them to several faces greeted them. Only one of them was one that Hilary knew well and it was him that Hilary nodded to in greeting after he’d finished his own round of firing at the dummies.

“Julien, a long time,” Hilary called out, reaching for the offered hand to clasp in greeting.

“That it has been though one must forgive such things! There has been much to tend to,” Julien said before he turned to Cerise. “And this must be the little marked one, yes?”

”This is Cerise, Cerise this is Julien,” Hilary introduced, turning to her. She seemed a little overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Nier was relieved to hear that Yonah took to Reks so well. He could only have assumed what Reks was like on her own. Knowing that she was a bit of an easy going one, especially with Yonah, left his heart at ease.

He watched her for a brief moment. Weiss had wandered nearer her side, perhaps criticizing what she was doing. One a number of occasions, he witnessed Reks turning a glare on the book or snapping at him.

"I'm glad to here that," he replied with a smile, "That puts my mind at ease."

Yonah gave away a bit of interesting information afterward. It might not have been intentional but she'd let it slip. Reks didn't seem the type to speak her mind to others so Yonah observing this herself much have been a rare moment.

"Is that right?" he pressed, "She's lost her home. I suppose she lost a lot of people along with that. People she cared about. That has to weigh on her shoulders when it comes to mind."

Nier couldn't be sure how she dealt with it. She might distract herself with the work she was getting or through her hobbies. He worried about her breaking down however. Distractions could only carry one so far.

"We'll just have to make sure she's cheered up, right?" he inquired, grinning at his daughter. Yonah would be able to manage that sometime. She had a way about her.

---- [x] ----

The shots that rang out no longer startled Cerise as much as they used to. She'd even witnessed Hilary practicing on occasion. The sound that echoed had become a familiar thing, whether it be near or far.

"Grand Master?" she echoed those words, "I've heard that term before...Don't remember where though."

As they made their way up the path, Cerise's attention was more on her surroundings than the individuals in the area. She'd long since learned to study the environment when it was needed.

An unfamiliar voice rang out, catching her attention. She studied the man, leaving Hilary to his greeting. He knew these people. She was merely an observer for the time being.

If she was honest, it was all rather overwhelming. She tried not to appear nervous but she was well aware that she was. Hilary could have given some word beforehand. Instead, he decided not to which left her handing.

"It's good to meet you, Julien," she greeted in returning, sparing a nod.

"Well at least she's polite," another man commented. He holstered a pistol before joining the growing group. "Bit of an odd looking one though, wouldn't you say?"

Cerise crinkled her nose at that. She'd heard it all before and still didn't care for it. The man chuckled lightly at the reaction.

"My names Jacob," he finally introduced, "Good to meet the both of you. With all due respect, I've heard some interesting things. I've been rather curious since the news of the little slave trade girl came about."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 509

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Yonah waited while her dad thought over what she’d told him. She even caught him looking over to where Reks and Weiss had gone, seeing her toss one of the knives before saying something to Weiss. Yonah wondered what they were talking about over there but they were too far away to hear the words. Maybe it didn’t matter much.

“Uh-huh,” Yonah answered, turning back to her dad and bobbing her head.

He had a lot to say about that, leaving Yonah to think for bit. She couldn’t imagine what all Reks might be missing, being here or why she’d lost what she had. When Yonah had asked Reks hadn’t said. Maybe they’d find out later though Yonah couldn’t be sure about that.

It was a quiet wait for Yonah while she listened to her dad. He had a lot to say about it and it did make more sense now that Yonah knew all of that. It did give her an idea though; if Reks was lonely then it would make sense to try harder! Maybe she just needed to get new things and care for new people. It might not fix it all but it would be something.

“Okay, Dad. Let’s be people she can care about too, then maybe she won’t be so sad,” Yonah stated with the authority of a girl who knew it all. It made sense to her, besides Reks was nice and it was kind of funny when she got frustrated with something and she started rambling.

She stopped and thought for a minute about that. Popola and Devola could be friends with Reks too, if they weren’t always so busy with everything. Yonah shook her head; this seemed harder than it should be. A moment longer passed before she glanced back up at her dad.

“Dad, are you gonna stay long and help cheer Reks up too? My cough’s getting a little better so you don’t have to run off so soon…” She’d trailed off, hoping that her dad would choose to stay longer than usual again. He was always so busy that she didn’t get to spend much time with him, maybe if they worked together to help Reks then that would change.

----[x]----
Julien had taken to observing Cerise after the introductions had been made. In that time the other person waiting about had finished his round with the dummies and approached, beating Hilary to the introduction. This didn’t bother him much, it gave Hilary the time to sit back and observe Cerise’s reaction.

She seemed a little overwhelmed, especially now. This wasn’t such a surprise though Hilary was sure she’d catch her stride quickly enough. If nothing else this was something of a little test, to see how quickly she could gather her bearings about her when sudden plans came her way.

”Not as odd as I had imagined but odd enough,” Julien answered, sparing a nod to Jacob.

It was Hilary’s turn to speak up after Jacob carried on. He had hoped he wouldn’t mention the slave trading if only because he’d rather not get Cerise in a sour mood before meeting grand master Torres. It might taint the first impression and make things harder in the long run. Then again the grand master could be quite understanding too.

All the same Hilary wrinkled his nose and said, “Come now, you’re going to get her angry. She gets rather sour when that happens!”

Julien seemed to take this in stride, raising an eyebrow. Perhaps he was interested to see just how Cerise acted when she grew miffed with someone. There was a moment when Hilary wondered if he was going to poke the bear, so to speak, though instead he opted against it when next he spoke.

“Now, now, surely such a pretty face could not be too much of a hell cat,” Julien teased.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Yonah seemed to mull over the words that he had said. She was still young so there was a lot she might not understand. He explained it to her the easiest way he could. She might understand that loneliness.

Reks was having a hard time because she lost so much. If she could come to see them as her family, perhaps life would become a little easier for her.

Yonah seemed to come to this conclusion on her own rather quickly. Nier chuckled lightly in response to her words.

"I think we might be able to manage that," he replied, "I think Reks would appreciate that too."

He had some feeling that she would be alright in time. It would take a little bit for her to adjust, he was sure. The effort would do her good though, he knew.

When Yonah spoke of her cough, he glanced up. A bit of a frown tugged at his lips. They still needed to collect the pages so he might be able to cure her. Still, he worried about her getting lonely here as well.

"We'll see," he replied, sparing a small smile, "I think it might be the best for all of us. I think both you and Reks need a little more company."

---- [x] ----

Hilary seemed friendly with these people. He didn't seem to familiar with Jacob as he already took to prodding the younger man. Cerise barely glanced up at him, raising a brow. So that's how he wanted to play?

She shifted, feeling a little stubborn on that front. He was just going to keep prodding her in attempts to see her embarrassed.

"You're such a jerk," she finally said.

She heard the man, Jacob, chuckle in response to that. Cerise was well aware women didn't speak out in such a manner. She'd seen her fair share of quiet ones around here.

"Now, now, I certainly hope you haven't got your hands too full, Mr. Flint," Jacob commented in return, "Now, now, I certainly hope you haven't got your hands too full, Mr. Flint,"

Cerise glanced up at Julien as he approached. His words were light, perhaps meant to be a little bit of a prod as well. She brushed it off easily.

"He's a liar," she defended after a moment in a matter-of-factly manner, "You shouldn't believe anything he says."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Worry weighed in on her from every direction when her dad frowned. Maybe she shouldn’t have mentioned her cough, whenever her sickness was mentioned he got that look on his face and Yonah worried. She twisted her hands this way and that while she waited for her dad’s answer.

It seemed like minutes on end before he finally said anything again but when he did relief flooded through her. Yonah resisted a relieved sigh. All the same she beamed up at her dad, already happier than she’d been in days.

“That’s great! Now we can catch up and play like before!” Yonah cheered.

Already she was planning all of the things they could do before her dad left again. She wasn’t sure how long that’d be and she wanted to make the most of it. Maybe they could pretend that she wasn’t sick for a while and he wouldn’t feel the need to run off again and leave her behind.

She leaned back then, bobbing her legs while she tried to think of something to say. She didn’t want to share this time with her dad for now, that could come later. It had been too long since he’d stayed home just to keep her company.

“So, what all did you see out there, Dad? Did you bring me anything back?” Yonah started, blinking up at him once again. To say she wasn’t eager to hear about any stories of what he’d done and seen was an understatement.

----[x]----
Hilary resisted a roll of his eyes. It would seem that Cerise was feeling like getting back at him now; he wasn’t sure how to feel about that. Annoyance bubbled in him though he did his best to remind himself that she wasn’t being malicious about it. At least she didn’t appear to be.

“She is merely being ornery now, I assure you,” Hilary noted simply. He felt no further need to explain further. Something told him that Cerise would probably just continue with this anyways whether he did or didn’t.

Julien raised a brow, glancing from Cerise to Hilary. Perhaps he was silently asking about Cerise’s behavior, it wasn’t as if this had been passed around after all. Hilary shook his head minutely. At least Jacob seemed to be indulging the woman.

”Then perhaps it is Mr. Flint who needs a bit of evaluating,” Julien joked anyways.

Hilary shook his head at that tone. At the very least it was loosening Cerise up, she’d be easier to talk to when the grand master arrived. It would be some time still, they’d arrived early even if Hilary had rushed them. This was working out well however.

“Perhaps,” he said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Yonah had looked a little unsettled when he frowned. He worried greatly about her well being already. She was in a fragile state. He didn't want to see her any worse.

Despite this, on the reassurance that he might stay a bit longer, she brightened. He was glad to see that. Nier knew fully well that he was never here enough for her. He hoped he could change that soon.

"It won't be long," he replied, "But I know I need to stay with you more often."

She already looked like she was mulling over what to do in these next coming days. It wouldn't have surprised him at all if she was. Yonah was full of ideas. She had plenty of time to think when she was alone.

When she asked about if he'd brought her anything, he smiled. He'd nearly forgotten about it.

"I did in fact," he brought up, tugging a book from his bag. A sea shell followed after. "I hope it's enough."

It was afterward he explained what he'd seen. A great many things near the sea. What stretched across the land and the fields. The animals he'd seen out there. She'd always been fascinated by such things.

---- [x] ----

Cerise would have pouted or stuck her tongue out at Hilary if she was feeling a little more childish. Instead, she subdued those normal reactions in favor of who she was in front of. There was no need to make a terrible impression.

"I am not," she defended, "This is how I always am. And you love it."

She could hear Jacob laugh a little loudly at that statement. It seemed like she was doing well to make some kind of impression. If this was what the point was, she'd indulge a little bit of playfulness. Unless things turned serious, she'd calm down.

"Quite the spitfire," he commented with a quick wave of the hand, "Best be careful who you talk like that to."

Cerise barely scoffed. She'd at least learned a little through these few months. She knew when to compose herself when she needed to.

"I'll keep that in mind," she replied instead.

Not much else seemed to be needed in exchange. Honestly, she was glad that these people weren't all business. If they were, they hadn't gotten to that point just yet. She could only wait and see however.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Yonah waited patiently, trying to peer around her dad to see what he was pulling out of his bag for her. It didn’t take him long to hand her a book and then a little seashell. Yonah placed the book on her lap, turning the shell over in her hands carefully, afraid that it might break somehow if she wasn’t careful. It was white with some pink on the inside and though it was simple Yonah that it was very pretty.

Only when she’d run her fingers over the ridges of the seashell, inspecting it closely, did she turn to the book next. The title wasn’t familiar to her but it did sound interesting. She beamed up at her dad than, glad to know that when he was gone he didn’t forget about her. Sometimes Yonah worried.

“Thanks, Dad,” she said, sitting attentively when he took to telling her of all the things he’d seen.

The time passed like this with the clouds drifting overhead. Between all those white puffy clouds the sky was a deep, pretty blue and the sun that shone down warmed Yonah’s skin. It was a happy day for sure as she sat and just listened to her dad talk. She wasn’t sure how long this went on for before Reks was wandering back, her knives in hand and Weiss floating at her side.

Yonah smiled at them. “Hey, guys!”

”You guys look like you’re having fun,” Reks said as she approached the two. They had yet to move from the small stairway to the house though both seemed comfortable where they were. It was a nice day as well, Reks didn’t blame them for wanting to enjoy it.

----[x]----
Hilary waved a dismissive hand towards Cerise and said, “If that is what you think.”

At the very least she’d loosened up considerably in the months that had passed. Still, Hilary hoped she would not use this sort of behavior and try to impress the grand master once he arrived. He was an important person and while he was understanding he was still highly important and business-like in his endeavors and transactions.

Jacob had seemed to think this as well as he was quick to give the warning despite his recent laughter. It was good that he did, however, Hilary had the feeling that Cerise might have just ignored him if Hilary had told her as such.

“A wise decision, I assure you,” Julien agreed, a nod of his head following his statement. He gestured to Cerise then before he’d continued. “And what might the little lady have in terms of skills, hmm?”

Hilary stood back, clasping his hands behind his back and allowed Cerise to answer that for herself. She might very well have more to offer the Order than what Hilary had observed so far, after all. He was sure he’d only scratched the surface when it came to her.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:26 pm

He watched with a smile as Yonah took to studying the shell carefully. She seemed fascinated by the feeling of it. He tried to bring her interesting things from lands she had yet to witness.

Yonah seemed happy with what he'd brought, thanking him for them. Nier spared a nod, his attention turning back to Reks briefly. She was still throwing those knives, seeming to ignore Weiss now. Perhaps the book had gone too far with his advice.

Eventually, she seemed to finished, wandering back toward them. Her comment left him to chuckle. A shake of his head followed.

"No more than you," he replied with a motion, "I wasn't aware you took interest in throwing knives."

"Yes well, she certainly is sloppy with her throwing," Weiss commented, "And she refuses to listen to anything I say!"

Nier laughed a little. This kind of banter left the day feeling lighter. Honestly, he was surprised they were all getting along so well.

"I'm sure she's managing fine," he replied, "At least she has such a great teacher!"

---- [x] ----

Cerise shuffled her weight on occasion, not at all comfortable with just standing around. She still felt a tad awkward with this. All of this felt as if she was being analyzed. In some sense, she knew that she was.

It seemed like they meant their words and she'd take them to heart. She didn't want to slip up with the wrong person. Who knew what might happen then? It was obvious enough most people brandished a weapon in this time.

When asked about any skill, she blinked as if caught off guard. She hadn't thought of anything like that in the past. Cerise didn't have anything that would be favorable in terms of combat so she merely shrugged.

"Not a whole lot," she finally answered. It wasn't like she knew anything about fighting or the like.

"Well, that's a bit of a shame," Jacob replied, "Or are you simply the modest type?"

Cerise shook her head in response. She wasn't holding back any credit. The most she knew of was basic and even that wasn't much. In some sense, she wished she knew more.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Reks glanced down at the knives in her hand, sheathed for the time being. She’d need to clean the blades soon considering some had missed or bounced off the target she’d made, sinking into the ground instead. For the time being though she could spend some time with Nier, Yonah and Weiss.

“My dad, brother and I used to toss ‘em a lot, collect ‘em, too,” she answered after a moment of deliberating. There wasn’t much harm in mentioning that much at least.

A scoff left her as Yonah giggled, covering her mouth with her hands when Reks had turned to Weiss. Reks brandished the sheaths knives as if to thump the floating book with them though he’d already moved well out of her reach. It was a hollow threat anyways though Weiss didn’t need to know that.

“Yeah, yeah! Like I’m gonna take advice from something that can’t even throw a knife,” Reks argued. “Besides, I haven’t thrown any in years, excuse me if I’m a little rusty, you dumb book!”

Yonah lowered her hands to her lap, playing with the shell.
“You two are funny,” she declared simply, smiling at them both.

Reks heaved a sigh then but returned the smile. At least Yonah was having a good day, probably better than that since her father had come home for the time being. There wasn’t any way that Reks could want to ruin that for the girl.

----[x]----
The topic of skills had come up and Hilary stepped back, letting Cerise take the stage so to speak. If he spoke up they might question what he was saying and to be truthful Hilary wasn’t entirely sure what all Cerise could do. They’d only done so much as she wandered at his side around Havana in the past few months.

Julien listened intently, a hum leaving him in answer when Cerise spoke up. A shake of the head soon followed this.
“A shame.” That seemed to be all Julien had to add to the conversation for the time being though Hilary couldn’t say what Julien might be thinking.

“She has displayed no fighting talent but we all know that is only one slot to fill,” Hilary reminded them all.

He ignored the look he received from Cerise at that comment. In time she would find out. There would be no need to rush things, especially so now that she was getting acquainted with some of the other Templars. Whether or not she truly realized how important this was was the question.

Julien spared a nod, looking thoughtful.
“Perhaps in time we might see what she has to offer. Assuming I have not overstepped my boundaries with such an assumption.” He spared a charming smile Cerise’s way after saying this.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Nier spared a nod when she explained where the habit of throwing knives had come from. It surprised him a little. Most women didn't take to such things. He was used to those in the village however, who preferred the quiet life.

"That seems like an interesting hobby," he answered, "And it will do you some good out here."

Reks didn't seem to appreciate Weiss's comment however. He laughed, watching as she tried to strike at him. Weiss simply moved away from her. The floating book would not be hit, no doubt.

"Dumb book?! he argued back, "Dumb book?! How dare you! I have never been compared to such a thing!"

Weiss merely quieted after Yonah spoke, seeming content to remain huffy over the situation. Nier shook his head at that. Honestly, the two got along better then they seemed to realize.

"They grow closer everyday," he teased with his daughter, grinning as she giggled once again, "Do me a favor and don't kill each other, alright?"

---- [x] ----

Cerise raised a brow as Hilary defended her case. She couldn't quite say anything on the matter. What he had said was true. She wanted to learn how to handle herself in combat and if she could manage it, she would.

"That at least holds some promise," Jacob agreed. The young man placed his hands behind his back, holding that more of a military look about him.

"You make it sound like I'm a lot cause already," she joked dryly, half hoping that they might catch onto it, "That's kinda rude."

If anything, she'd earned a bit of a chuckle out of him. He waved her words off easily however.
"Not at all! We'll merely see in time!"

Cerise waved off the comment easily. While she felt a little awkward here, neither of these men seemed too bad. They weren't what she expected but in some way, she was grateful for that fact.

She blinked as Julien continued to speak. Cerise shook her head briefly in response. "Not at all," she answered after a moment. If anything, she was probably going to have to show them what she knew sooner or later. Cerise just didn't quite trust herself with a weapon yet.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Reks could hear Nier and Yonah laugh as she and Weiss grew snappish with each other. Though he’d floated out of her reach the book was quick to lurch forward again as he sputtered in outrage. Childishly, Reks stuck her tongue out at Weiss before he’d even finished his retort.

“Yeah, well, I’ve never seen a magical floating book of hell either so there’s a first for everything,” Reks argued back quickly after Weiss had scoffed.

Nier had shot a teasing statement out there though when Reks glanced his way it was clear it was aimed to make Yonah laugh again. This was a successful endeavor as Yonah was quick to bob her head excitedly in agreement. Her hands still hovered near her mouth, perhaps in a bid to muffle any more laughter.

”Like peas in a pod!” Yonah joked as well.

A shake of the head was Reks’s answer to this though there was a bit of amusement that danced in her eyes. It was nice to just sit back and talk like this. She was ore with all the work that Popola and Devola managed to find her in the time that Nier and Weiss had been gone, she was overdue for a day off, so to speak. Her muscles could use the rest.

“We’ll see,” Reks answered rather playfully, a mischievous look crossing her face. “Only because you asked though.”

----[x]----
Hilary’s rebuttal seemed to ease some of the suspicions of what Cerise might be able to provide. There were many jobs that needed filled overtime, even if it was not the role of a fighter. It all depended on what needed to be done at the time, of course.

”Ah, but perhaps you are. We will see in time, of course,” Julien pointed out, ignoring the look he received from Cerise for that. “It is best to assume the worst.”

“Perhaps,” Hilary noted, not quite agreeing or disagreeing. Julien did have something of a point there, after all.

At the very least Cerise was not growing snappish over this topic. He had worried that she’d make a bad impression once she’d started to claim he was a liar but she seemed to know when to hold back. ’Good,’ Hilary thought shortly.

“I am sure that we are worrying over nothing,” Hilary said after a moment, clasping his hands behind his back. “It will be up to the grand master at any rate.”

He received knowing nods from Julien and Jacob for that reminder though Cerise just looked confused. She’d claimed that she’d heard the title ‘grand master’ before but could not recall where. She would learn soon enough, there was no need to rush that sort of information as it was.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 pm

The light heartedness of the entire conversation was refreshing. Nier had seen his fair share of misery during the journey. He had tried to help people who could not be aided. Being back home and among friends at that, it did him good.

"Now you listen here!" Weiss had begun before the laughter cut him off.

Nier shook his head, looking back at Yonah. She seemed to be enjoying the company. Her laugh was quiet and almost careful. She was probably doing what she could not to irritate her cough.

"I think this is good for all of us," he answered, "Being in the company of such great friends!"

Of course, ti was meant as a joke. Regardless of their bickering, in some sense it seemed Weiss had grown a little fonder of her. While the book would not admit that, Nier could see it easily. He'd been with Weiss long enough.

He chuckled in response to her words. Honestly, if she had the chance, he wondered if Reks would try to tear Weiss apart.

"Only because I asked, huh?" he replied, a teasing tone to his voice, "Best be careful with that or I'll start making more requests!"

---- [x] ----

There seemed to be a large, underlining tone throughout the conversation. Not only did it seem they expected her to have some amount of skill but it almost appeared that they wanted her to be useful. It left her heart picking up pace a little.

She shifted her weight, allowing Hilary to speak a little more for her. He hadn't much prepared her for this. Maybe that was the entire point.

"As long as you're not throwing me out, I think I can handle it," she answered him briefly, her tone a little dry.

"Surely not!" Jacob replied a moment after. Despite the dry humor and serious topic, he still smiled good naturedly.

If Cerise had been honest with herself, that was a fear that she held onto for quite a few months. For her, it took quite a bit of time to build up some amount of trust to the man beside her. Now, knowing that he seemed to be hiding so much, she wasn't sure how she felt about him.

She watched, feeling no amount of comfort from those knowing nods. A short snort left her. "My, we have quite the serious air about this topic," she said. Even so, she wished she was in on it. That would have left her feeling a little less out of place.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Weiss hadn’t been given much time to argue back before Nier and Yonah had laughed, joking about the situation. He still huffed though and Reks had no trouble imagining that if the odd face on his cover could emote it would have an expression of affront. She shook her head at that, pushing her own annoyance aside.

Nier was pointing out the good in all of this though it was easy to hear the joking tone in his voice. She had to resist rolling her eyes at that though the corner of her lip quirked up in a half-smile before she caught herself. If nothing else things were going well enough, despite the attitude between she and Weiss. It wasn’t like she was making that any better either though.

She blinked as Nier echoed her sentiment, a teasing tone to it. It almost sounded a little flirtatious to boot; Reks felt her face warm a little at that realization. His daughter seemed oblivious to this, merely glancing between the two and looking as if she was just curious about what might be said next.

“I don’t know, that might be so bad,” she teased back regardless of her initial reaction. In a way it left her feeling a little lighter.

Reks caught the way that Yonah seemed to grow a little confused by this, but then she was still young. From the sounds of it she was mostly on her own, with few friends too. Yonah might very well not realize when two people might be flirting with each other.

----[x]----
Their talk had continued on uninterrupted for some time. Jacob seemed to grow fond of prodding Cerise though she didn’t seem to mind. What Hilary did not was the wariness that seemed to fall over her the more she talked. She wore her heart on her sleeve and it was easy to see how she felt at any given moment.

All the same someone did arrive after some time had passed, announcing grand master Torres’s arrival. They were led to a nearby area, which was left open to the elements. The day was nice and the shade combated any of the sun’s added heat.

“It would seem we are about to get the more important aspects out of the way now,” Julien pointed out to them all. It was a needless comment though Julien might have just been starting conversation again as Torres arrived.

“I am sure things will be resolved quickly,” Hilary assured them all. It probably would do them no good but it wouldn’t be for lack of trying.

Cerise seemed to stick closer to Hilary’s side though she still seemed wary of this all. That probably wasn’t intentional, at least not he latter half. Maybe she’d be a little more at ease after this.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 pm

The conversation continued in this manner. Reks seemed to be a little more at home here. He was glad to see it. The weeks that had passed were good for her. She had become a tad more comfortable.

He still worried a tad about her feelings of loneliness. If Yonah had caught them then Reks wasn't doing too much to hide those feelings away. The daily activities might have just been a good distraction for her.

Her face notably warmed when he teased her. Nier resisted a chuckle. Nearby hovered Weiss who sighed as if unamused by the teasing. Maybe he'd seen these things coming.

"Bad?" he inquired in return, "I highly doubt that. That settles it then, I'll just have to keep your word on it!"

Nier didn't mind a bit of teasing once in a while. Still there was something a little fascinating about Reks. It was a strange tugging in him. He would mull over it anther time, when things were quieter.

"You both seem entirely too pleased with this conversation," Weiss said, quieting Nier, "What an odd pair you make."

"No more then you or I," Nier joked in return.

"Oh please! Do not compare me to this one here!"

---- [x] ----

The conversation had come to a halt when they were summoned to another area. Cerise wasn't sure what she felt. Anxiousness was a bit of a forefront, that was for sure. Still, she had extended trust to Hilary and as long as she wasn't being thrown out or put on another ship like before, she found no reason to complain.

Her gaze wandered about. She didn't quite get to look at the area very long. This seemed like a strictly business sort of visit. Knowing that, Cerise tried not to dilly dally.

Julien was quick to make a comment, catching her attention briefly. Whatever was meant to be talked about, it seemed like a heavy subject if Hilary was claiming that it would be resolved quickly.

It wasn't until an older man came into view did she realize that this was the one they'd been waiting on. The other's nodded respectfully toward him. Cerise had to guess this was the grand master Hilary spoke of.

"It is good to see you've all arrived safely," he greeted, his gaze seeming to fall on each of them before landing on her. With that, she felt a tad uncomfortable, as if being studied. "And I suppose this would be the marked one, yes?"

"That seems to be the popular term," Cerise answered, "But yes."

If she was overstepping any boundaries, she wasn't warned just yet. The man didn't seem affronted by her words so she left it at that. If worse came to worse, Cerise figured she'd endured some pretty terrible things. What more could she go through?

"I see," he replied carefully after, "Well, I will not keep you all here long. Perhaps you might simply enlighten us with what you told Mr. Flint many months ago?"

Cerise found a little relief in that. Just exchanging the story again was an easy enough task. She'd been over it a hundred times in her head, she had no doubt.

The details were always the same, so she explained them carefully, from the time she was brought her to the ship to meeting Hilary. The old man looked thoughtful on the matter, tugging at sheets of paper that lined a circular table. Cerise could only assume what he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm

It was easy to ignore Weiss’s sighing and scoffing when she was talking to Nier, left unbothered by the former. Whether or not this bothered Weiss further wasn’t something that Reks could say for sure. Either way he floated by silently for the time being.

“I suppose you will,” she answered lightly, face still feeling a little warmer than usual.

Yonah giggled again as Weiss interrupted the conversation. Reks swore that she could just hear the roll of his eyes in his statement, because of this she tossed him a half-amused look. It seemed to have gone ignored. Yonah dropped her hands to her side as she glanced between the two.

”I think you’re both pretty cool,” Yonah argued simply.

As they spoke Reks was able to calm her thoughts. The idea of being thought of as a pair with anyone was a strange one though not unpleasant. The very same could be said for this playful teasing from Nier though she had to wonder if he took to that often or not. The more Reks saw and learned of him the less this seemed like it would be a surprise.

“Thank you for the vote of confidence, Yonah,” Reks said instead, smiling at the young girl. She received a bright grin in return for it.

----[x]----
As they’d gathered around a rounded table Hilary could see the confusion on Cerise’s face. She was glancing between them all before the grand master had even fully arrived, taking his place among them. He wasted no time in greeting them all before noting Cerise being with them.

“She goes by Cerise otherwise, however,” Hilary introduced. Cerise had not, after all, though he couldn’t be sure why. Perhaps she was afraid of overstepping a line. ’Better that than recklessly say things she should not,’ Hilary mused.

He received only a nod from the grand master for that, already he’d turned back to Cerise to ask for more details. Hilary stood by, hands clasped behind his back and waited. Julien and Jacob listened just as intently as the grand master was as Cerise explained things. Hilary would only speak up during this time if he felt she missed something important.

It had grown quiet eventually however. The grand master took to shuffling about the many papers he’d had brought here or perhaps he’d had them here before hand. Many were planted into place by large paperweights, all of them quite expertly crafted. The glass work glinted in the sun, the statues displaying all manner of things from sea monsters to people.

”Perhaps we might be able to glimpse this marking of hers, hmm?” Julien proposed while the grand master sought something out.

Hilary nodded, turning to gesture to Cerise. “If you would?” he prompted.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 pm

The way she blushed so easily was a little funny. She had been so confident before. Her words seemed to be truth when she claimed she didn't get much attention from other men. Her inexperience really showed.

He chuckled in response. She didn't really seem object to what he said. If that was the case, he really would have to keep that offer in mind.

He glanced at Weiss as the book whined again. Nier waved him off. "You just don't know how to have fun," he commented in return, his tone.

"Bah!" was Weiss's only response.

"I think I agree with Yonah," he answered, motioning toward his daughter.

"Of course she would root for her father! That does not count!" Weiss argued, leaving Nier laughing lightly again.

"Now he's picking on Yonah. I can't have that, can I? What should we do with the book, Reks? Maybe you want to decide?"

He chuckled at the protests Weiss was already throwing out. The book rambled so quickly sometimes, Nier couldn't quite catch it all. It was amusing, and light, none the less. Nier was thankful for this kind of company. They all seemed to need it.

"Ah, I suppose things have been quiet here, if I might ask." Nier finally brought up, "You and Yonah seem to have gotten along fine. I'm glad to know that. She didn't give you any trouble, right?"

Of course, Nier only meant to tease his daughter a little. Honestly, he didn't expect her to cause too much ruckus. She rarely did unless she was sneaking out. While Nier didn't care fo that, he understood it. Reks being here no doubt left her less restless.

---- [x] ----

Cerise shuffled uncomfortably, picking at the wrapping around her arm. The dark mark was hidden away, advised as such by Hilary. He'd expressed some amount of concern months ago. As such, she did as he asked and hid the strange tattoo.

"That is quite a tale," the grand master commented as he sifted through his papers.

"Indeed. You certainly are a lucky one," Jacob agreed. The young man shifted, his gaze falling onto whatever the master was looking for.

Cerise blinked, her attention shifting to Julien for a moment as he asked to see the marking. Having it covered for so long, sometimes she forgot about it entirely. In some way, Cerise was grateful for that.

"Oh, yea. Sure." she replied.

As she said this, she tugged at the white wrapping, easily pulling it off and neatly wrapping it around her other hand. With that done, she stuck her arm out for the dark marks to be viewed.

Jacob was already moving around to get a better look at it.
"Interesting!" he commented, "And you're certain no slaver branded you with this mark?"

Cerise shrugged her shoulders in response. "The only time they could have is if I was unconscious. Even then, I would have felt it afterward..."

It was only after she said that did the grand master seem to walk a little closer, having found the papers he was looking for. He studied the mark carefully, comparing whatever was on the papers he held.

"This may go deeper than you realize," he informed, "These markings are indeed a lost language. No simple slaver would know how to brand someone with such a thing."

Cerise felt a little uncomfortable knowing that. If it wasn't the slaver, then who or what? She shifted a little, feeling a tad vulnerable. There wasn't much solace in the answer and she found she didn't quite like that.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Nier seemed amused by her attempts to tease him back or maybe it was the fact that her face might be red that made him think this was funny. Either way Reks found she didn’t mind too much. It’d been a long time since she’d flirted with anyone, not since the last time she’d worked in retail and had playfully teased her co-workers and vice versa when business was quiet. That had been one thing however, here she wasn’t sure if Nier meant it or if he was just teasing her as a friend.

With that thought in mind Reks found herself a little grateful to Weiss for interrupting the conversation. It made things more normal; well, as normal as having a conversation with a floating book could be at least. Reks tried not to dwell on that last part too much right now. It still wasn’t something she was entirely used to.

Reks stood back, watching Nier and Weiss banter with one another. Even Yonah had grown quiet, intent on listening to the duo. They were quite a pair that was for sure. It wasn’t until Nier turned to Reks did that trend change.

“H-Huh? … Oh, I don’t know,” she answered, feeling as if she was a deer in headlights. “Maybe Yonah and I could doodle in his margins.”

Weiss was already spluttering in outrage though Reks couldn’t begin to make out all of his words. He seemed to be stumbling over what he wanted to say. Nier didn’t seem too bothered by this nor was Yonah. In fact, Nier took to the conversation and carried it further, asking about how things were around the village once more.

”Hey, I haven’t—“ Yonah began to protest only to be stopped by a round of coughing. She attempted to muffle this with her hands, her shoulders shaking with each effort. Only when the cough had passed did she continue. “I’ve been good! Haven’t I, Reks?”

“She’s been very good,” Reks confirmed. Silently she made a note to mention how she seemed to be pushing herself when it came to her father being home. Reks wasn’t sure what made this happen but she’d been much more relenting of her coughs before, now she was all but trying to stifle them before they’d even come.

----[x]----
Everyone seemed thoughtful of the things Cerise had to share, however watered down they might be. Hilary couldn’t shake the feeling that she wasn’t being entirely honest about some things though he had no proof. It would only cause trouble if he made a fuss about that feeling.

The talk about her tale was succinct. No one really knew what all they should say or do about this though steps were obviously being thought of between them. Hilary would wait, just listening for the time being.

When Cerise was prompted to show her mark to them Julien, Jacob and Grand Master Torres had turned their full attention to it. The markings weren’t terribly black in color though against Cerise’s pale skin it was dark enough.

Julien shook his head at Jacob’s question.
“Such property marks would be branded; the burn would have scared not been left with ink such as this,” he said, gesturing to the mark again. “Besides, this is far too complex for a property marking.”

No sooner had Cerise admitted that she’d felt no pain upon first waking with it did the grand master speak again. He was already sure of what it was though how it came to be on Cerise’s arm was now the question.

“No matter her skill now this marking of hers makes her important,” Hilary pointed out, gesturing to her arm. “This is something that should require some study.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 pm

It seemed like Reks would have to take some time to get used to all of this teasing and flirting. Honestly, Nier didn't often extend the gesture. After his wife's death, his main concern was to protect his daughter. Looking anyone else who could fill his life seemed irrelevant for a long time.

She seemed a little more relieved when the conversation shifted. Teasing Weiss was somewhat of an enjoyment. The book often boasted so seeing him being put down a peg was a little funny.

He laughed loudly at her little taunt to Weiss. The book was already going off on her, yelling about how she would not violate him in any such way. Nier couldn't recall a time he'd laughed so long or loud. It left him feeling light. Hearing Yonah do the same made him happy.

"I don't know. Weiss might kill you if you take that much of a risk!" he teased in return.

"I will do much worse! he commented, "You will not dear touch me!"

He sobered a little when a fit of coughing overtook Yonah. His heart pounded hard against his ribs. It was a quick fit but terrifying nonetheless. He didn't want her to exhaust herself. Despite that fact, she seemed to quickly speak up again.

"That's good to know. I'm glad you two get along so well," he said, "Yonah, maybe you should lay down? Your cough seems to be working up again. I don't want you exhausting yourself..."

He knew that she wouldn't like to hear that. Nier worried about her however. If anything, at least, she got more fresh air. Reks seemed to be doing a great job of doing taking care of her.  She was happier. Nier couldn't thank her enough for that.

---- [x] ----

Cerise kept her arm out, well aware that the grand master was still studying the markings. Despite this, it seemed like these characters or what they said wouldn't be deciphered now. She was a little bit impatient about it but tried not to let it both her.

She scrunched her nose at the explanation of a real brand. The thought that anyone could do that to another human was disturbing. No doubt she'd find more like it in time.

"Well I'm certainly happy I didn't have to experience that," she said.

The tattoo was enough. Whether it was from the slavers or something else, she could only assume. She'd already told Hilary about the strange copper ball. She had done the same here. It was something of a delicate topic. No one jumped it to heavily.

"It was there after I picked up the ball," she said, "But I hadn't seen it in the ship. I don't know if it has to do with that thing or not..."

It seemed like an odd coincidence that the mark would appear after she'd touched it. Still, why this happened she could only assume. It was just some weird ball. How could it do something that large? She couldn't explain it.

"It will take time to study," the grand master commented in return. He paused, handing the papers to Hilary, "If you do not mind keeping her in your charge, I believe you might have a better chance in deciphering this message. I would not want to take up too much of your time."

"Perhaps you might keep me in the loop," Jacob asked, "I would like to extend help in any way I can."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 7:04 pm

It wasn’t hard to guess at what Weiss’s reactions might be to the idea of someone doodling over his pages might be. He was a proud book and it was obvious to anyone who spoke to him even once. As such when he began to loudly protest to that Reks wasn’t surprised.

The bit of fun didn’t last long however; Yonah’s cough was back, or rather she wasn’t able to muffle this one effectively. Nier was already hovering over the young girl, ready to scoop her up and take her inside no doubt if Yonah displayed any other sickly tendencies. Yonah didn’t look happy about the suggestion to go back inside and sleep either.

”But…” Yonah started to protest, trailing off before she really managed anything.

Reks crouched down before the two. While Yonah never really did seem to like being prodded to go to bed she did realize that she needed that rest most days. There had been a couple of days where Yonah had remained in her bed all day, barely feeling up to eating. Even then there had been times when Yonah protested laying down but never with such a desperate look on her face like now.

“Your dad will still be here when you wake up, I promise,” Reks told her, hoping this was what had her hesitating on resting. “Isn’t that right?”

Only when Nier had promised that he wasn’t leaving soon did Yonah rise to her feet and wait for Nier to follow suit. Perhaps this was normal, Nier going to see his baby girl off to bed when he was actually home. It was kind of sweet, actually, though it left Reks along with Weiss for a short time.

----[x]----
Hilary caught her reaction to the mention of brandings again. Her face had paled and she’d scrunched her nose up at the very thought of it. Hilary shook his head but said nothing about it. He felt no need to.

Julien seemed to have other plans.
“Most would be.”

Cerise seemed to ignore that statement, instead choosing to point out the rest of her explanation. Hilary couldn’t help but feel that she was missing something. ’Perhaps a bit of amnesia?’ It was a possibility or perhaps she’d merely blocked the situation from her mind entirely. It was hard to say.

Hilary spared a nod at the grand master’s mention to keep Cerise in his home. “It will be no trouble. She has hardly done anything to make her troublesome.”

”I would prefer to hear word or two about any developments as well,” Julien piped up after Jacob. The former stood back from the table, crossing his arms over his chest. “I might be a busy man but this mystery has me intrigued.”

“I am unsure I will be able to decipher anything regarding this though I can try,” Hilary pointed out. “Assuming Cerise does not mind.”

She hadn’t yet but if she decided to be troublesome measures would have to be taken. Anything that regarded the relics by those before them wasn’t something they could risk falling into assassin hands. If that meant coercing people who were tied to such things to stay with them then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Yonah was already looking to argue about going back to sleep. She often worried that he would disappear. He felt a tugging in him, as if he'd failed her in some manner. Nier couldn't push that feeling away.

Before she could argue further, Reks was already knelling down, prodding Yonah to sleep. She was quiet with his daughter, patient. Nier was impressed by this act.

"I promise," he finally answered, "I did say I'd be staying for a little while, didn't I?"

With that reassurance, Yonah seemed to relent. Nier easily scooped the small girl into his arms and started inside. She hugged him, leaving him feel a pang of loneliness in him. He hoped to find a cure for her illness soon. She would be happier this way.

"It'll be fine," he reassured as he started up the stairs. She placed her in her bed, tugging the blanket over top her, "We'll see about making sure we can cheer Reks up together, hmmm? We'll all spend a little time with each other."

That seemed enough to get her to sleep. Nier heaved a heavy sigh as he walked back down the stairs. Weiss and Reks were waiting.

"She seems to be doing a little better," Nier pointed out quietly, "It's good that you were here Reks. She seems happier."

"Company is always good. Nobody is meant to be truly alone." Weiss offered. Nier could only nod in agreement to those words..

---- [x] ----

When things seemed to quiet, she pulled her arm back. Cerise wrapped the white cloth back around the mark, making sure it was tight enough so it wouldn't slip. She didn't want anyone else to see it.

"I don't have any intentions of causing anyone any trouble," she replied, "Besides, the way I see it, I'm still technically in your debt."

"You're certainly the agreeable sort," Jacob pointed out, if a little bump in his tone. Cerise shrugged her shoulders a little in response. "I like things as simple as they can be."

The discussion of the mark went on. Deciphering it would seem to take some time. Cerise wouldn't complain if it led answers. Despite this, Hilary seemed to want to make sure.

"No, I don't mind at all," she answered, "Honestly, I'm just as curious as you are. I'd like to know what the mark is and why it's on me."

"Then we're all in agreement," the grand master stated, "I believe this will be most favorable."

The conversation wasn't much after that. With 'orders' hashed out and a general idea of what needed to be done, they were dismissed. Cerise didn't ask much about the grand master or what he was in such a hurry for. It didn't seem too important.

"Sooo," she started carefully as they made their way back, "Was that how it was supposed to go or did I royally fuck up?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:14 pm

While Nier tended to Yonah, getting her up into bed, Reks and Weiss were left to their own devices momentarily. She wasted little time in seating herself on the hard ground, crossing her legs out in front of her. It felt like a long time since she’d just sat around like this, at least before she’d arrived in this out of the way village. Whatever had happened to bring her here still wasn’t known however.

It was quiet until Nier’s return, the front door closing behind him with a soft ‘click’. Reks blinked up at him in surprise for being mentioned for something like this. Weiss’s comment only hammered in how none of her family or friends were here however, sobering her.

“I think she tries harder when you’re here though,” Reks pointed out. She wanted to mention it before it slipped her mind. “I don’t know where all you guys are going or how far but if you can manage to come back more often I think it’d make her happier.”

She waited from her spot on the ground for someone to say something then. She’d been told before that they were out to find a cure for Yonah—something about Weiss’s lost verses—but seeing his daughter every so often wouldn’t hurt things. ’Not if she’s as ill as I’ve been told,’ she reasoned. If something went wrong it was important that Nier spend time with Yonah after all; this was a thought she kept silent.

----[x]----
The conversation proceeded smoothly afterwards with very little of note happening between them all. Grand Master Torres took the time to arrange several sheets of paper and to jot down a few notes though what he had found noteworthy about Cerise was anyone’s guess. He was an astute man, after all, and any little detail might be important to him for later.

Hilary gestured for Cerise to follow him once he’d shared his farewells with the other men. It was a short affair before they were gone, Julien and Jacob going their own way once they’d reached the grand master’s front gate. Cerise trailed along at his side, looking more content than she had coming here.

“Such a mouth on you,” Hilary scoffed lightly, tossing her a look. At the very least she hadn’t spoken as such in front of the grand master. “I cannot say, the grand master keeps things to himself until it needs to be shared.”

It was quiet for a short way though eventually Hilary spared her another glance. Cerise seemed to be thinking something over, her brow puckered and her gaze straying here and there. Hilary noted she also had a habit of gnawing at her lips at times. It was rather cute, if he honest about it.

“If no one has said anything against you now I would imagine there is little to worry about right now,” Hilary assured her. He had no way of knowing if that was what had her mulling over things now or not but it would not hurt to assuage any possibility of it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Nier had finally emerged from his home. With Yohan back in bed, he worried a little less. She looked a little better but even so, she was still sick. Nier would do all he could to make her better.

He glanced down at Reks as she began to speak. Reks was sprawled out on the ground, looking comfortable there. It was almost like she hadn't been off her feet in days. Honestly, it wouldn't have surprised him if that was the case.

Nier sighed slightly as he sat down himself. If it was so easy, he would come back as much as he could. Hell, he wouldn't leave at all.

"I've been trying to," he replied after a long pause, "I hate being so far away, missing every little thing with Yonah. Every time I come back, I feel like she's grown up a little more."

"Such is the trouble of leaving home so long," Weiss mentioned, "Though, there is little to be done if we are going to save your daughter."

Nier nodded a little. Fighting the shades and finding a cure for Yonah were his priorities. He glanced at Reks however, noting the thoughtful expression on her face.

"Honestly, she's looked better then I've seen her in a long while," he expressed to Reks, "I think you've been doing a great job with her. She seems to really like your company."

---- [x] ----

Cerise didn't get many answers when it came to all of this 'grand master' business. She hadn't known what to expect from the old man or the ones she had met. From what she could tell, there was some kind of importance for all of them to be there.

Her attention turned back to Hilary when he spoke. The kind of language she spouted on occasion was often distasteful for him to hear. Despite that fact, she merely snorted in response.

"That's tame compared to where I'm from," she joked back, "But if it offends you, I guess I can reign it in a little more."

Despite the banter, she still worried silently. Whatever these people had wanted, it involved this strange marking on her arm. Cerise wanted her answers, true enough, but to what gain? It was a worrisome thing indeed.

She glanced up at him again as he spoke his reassurance. There were a few times when he'd offered a comforting word throughout the months. They helped here and there when she needed them the most. Of course, there was no need to let him know that so often.

"Bah!" she answered, "I'm not worried. I think I left a good impression!" At the expression of doubt he cast her, she pouted again. "Well, I did!"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:13 am

Nier soon sat himself on the steps again, looking like he was relieved now that Yonah was resting and he was home. Reks couldn’t imagine how he must feel after being gone so long. She wondered if his home seemed stranger to him than camping out like he had been.

When he spoke he sounded honest, no trace of a lie on his face. Reks couldn’t begin to believe that Nier might even want to get away, to run from this problem. Still, it was hard on Yonah too. The young girl was always doing things in preparation for her father’s next return—learning to cook new dishes, making up a new story to tell or even just cleaning up when she felt well enough to help Reks. It was a little hard to watch sometimes, if Reks was honest about it.

“She talks about you a lot, you know,” Reks pointed out after a moment. She hadn’t meant to make the conversation so dreary and it felt like she should do something to fix that.

Despite pointing this out Nier seemed to want to tell her just how much he thought Reks being here seemed to help Yonah. Feeling awkward, she scratched at her cheek. Words failed her for a time, unsure of what to say to that. It wasn’t like Reks knew how Yonah acted before she’d arrived here, after all.

“Well, I’ll take your word for that,” she answered sheepishly, a short shake of her head following after. “And just do what I’ve been doing.”

She hadn’t been sure she was doing anything right but Yonah didn’t complain and if what Nier said was true she must be doing all right. If that was the case Reks would do her best to keep it up.

----[x]----
Hilary resisted a scoff at Cerise’s comment. He’d heard far worse before in his life but he’d rather not hear such things when they were around more important people. Some situations called for more tact and he was at least glad that Cerise had not dropped any vulgarities while in the presence of the grand master. It would have looked poorly on her if she had.

“I imagine you can live without such swears,” Hilary retorted, a rather lofty tone to his voice. Cerise wouldn’t take him seriously on that, he’d long since learned that much.

It didn’t take long before Hilary offered a reassuring word. Cerise looked like she could use it to ease her thoughts on the matter. Being presented before the others might have been nerve-wracking, even if she didn’t show it. Those words of his were easily waved away, even when he threw her a doubtful look at her response.

A shake of the head followed though he didn’t verbally respond right away. Instead he cast his gaze around, taking in all of the people who were milling about. All sorts of people were wandering the streets of Havana, and it made for some interesting sights at times. For the moment there was nothing of interest to keep him occupied further.

“Perhaps. We might hear more from the grand master at a later date, however,” Hilary said.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:09 pm

The fact that Yonah spoke of him often didn't surprise him. With him being gone so long and Yonah actually having company, she probably had stories to share. For Yonah, it must have been quite the experience.

"I would have expected as such," he told her. He chuckled a little as he continued, "She's probably told you a lot of stories. Probably made me out to be some kind of hero."

That wouldn't have surprised him at all. He'd become somewhat of a joke among people outside of this village. He'd do just about anything for money. For Yonah, however, that was something to be admired.

When he changed the subject to Reks however, she looked like she was at a loss for words. Awkwardness overtook her expression, leaving Nier a little amused.

"My, I would have never thought this hussy was modest," Weiss pointed out, "Regardless, it doesn't sound as if you are offering yourself enough credit. Not all people have a gift with young ones."

Nier nodded in agreement. Once in a while, Weiss offered a few good words. He might banter or insult here and there but the book had good intentions.

"He has a point, you know," Nier agreed.

With that, the conversation calmed a little. Nier thought back onto what he found when he'd returned him. Reks had been throwing knives, perhaps for something to do.

"I suppose you were training for a reason?" he brought up afterward, "Shades don't come close to the village but I guess the idea of being prepared isn't a bad one."

---- [x] ----

Cerise shrugged her shoulders lightly. A good natured smile remained on her lips. Once she'd gotten over her initial habits and worries about swearing, she had used them more often. Breaking that habit wasn't something easy.

"You know, they say that people who swear often are the most honest," she teased in return.

Whether or not that was true, Cerise couldn't quite say. Back home, she'd only seen peeks at that fact through the internet. That wasn't always a reliable source so she couldn't say it was worth a grain of salt.

Hilary's gaze was more or less on their surroundings. That stern expression had returned to his face. She hummed slightly, wondering what was on his mind. This grand master of his must have been rather important after all. Everything that had happened seemed to prove that much.

"Well," she started to answer, her own gaze sliding about as well, "If that gets me any answers as to what happened, I'll gladly talk to him again."

She didn't care if she had to sit with Hilary for hours as he tried to translate the characters wrapped around her arm. If the message was decipherable, she would be happy.

"So with that done, what's on the agenda?" she inquired afterward, looking for a lighter topic.

Honestly, throughout the few months with him, Cerise was still getting used to his patterns. When something important came up out of the blue, Hilary was gone. Sometimes she stayed with one of the people he knew or if it was too late or early, he didn't bother waking her at all. If anything, she did know that to some extent, Hilary trusted her now.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Nier didn’t seem surprised to hear about Yonah talking of him often in his time away. Perhaps he’d even expected it. If nothing else the topic lightened the mood and Reks was glad to see a smile slip into place again on his face. He’d looked pretty down about missing so much of Yonah’s life just to find some cure to her strange illness.

She laughed in return, a quiet one but a laugh all the same, and shook her head. “Something like that, yes.”

This topic seemed to be enough to turn it around on how she handled Yonah well in his absence. Reks found herself growing silent at that, a little uncertain as to how to answer to it. Even when she did manage to say the words her awkwardness was obvious try as she might not to let it show.

Weiss was quick to enter the conversation then, his words stated as carefully as always. He seemed to take great care in the enunciation of each and in that it almost seemed to give his caustic barbs a sharper edge to them. Reks huffed, shooting the book a look for it. She’d later admit that at least it helped sweep that awkward feeling away quickly—whether or not that had been his intention or not was questionable though.

“That seems uncalled for, jerk,” Reks argued, well aware already that Weiss would most likely ignore that statement. Nier didn’t seem to think anything of it as he commented as well. After another shake of her head Reks merely relented on the topic, letting it lie.

It had quieted only momentarily before Nier brought up a new topic. Reks glanced at him, glad to hear that Shades normally didn’t venture this far. At least it was one less thing to worry about. Still, that hadn’t entirely been the reason she’d taken to throwing knives.

“Maybe,” she answered after a moment of deliberation. She hadn’t really taken to the practice for fighting monsters but if it helped than Reks would be grateful about it. “It helps to clear my head either way.”

----[x]----
As always in recent days Cerise was quick to retort. Hilary restrained himself from shaking his head though a scoff did escape him all the same. These sorts of conversations seemed to be growing more common though at least it meant Cerise was growing comfortable with the routine. Though she might not fully trust him given how secretive he had to be about much of his work she didn’t cause much trouble.

“I’m not so sure about that,” Hilary answered eventually.

The topic shifted to the meeting they’d just had with the others afterwards. It wasn’t a surprise, not when she was often curious about her own marking and the things that Hilary did. So far nothing eventful had arose while Cerise accompanied him on his rounds but soon enough Hilary knew that would change; the assassins would have someone spearheading trouble in the city again.

Cerise mentioning that she’d gladly talk to Grand Master Torres again if it helped her understand was a relief. It seemed like there would be no arguments about further meetings. Things were looking up even if very little had been uncovered.

“For the moment there is little to do of importance,” Hilary admitted when asked. He paused to think about it, scratching at his neck while he did. The meeting had been shorter than he’d expected after all so no other plans had been made. “I suppose there can be some time spared to wandering about Havana for something to do.”

At least this way he might learn more about her as well. Usually Cerise just took to following after him and doing as asked. For the most part this didn’t bother him, Hilary had little time for shenanigans, especially so when emergencies arose. It did make it difficult to ascertain more about her likes and dislikes.

Hilary spared a glance around the crowded streets, taking it all in. People milled about here and there were never a quiet moment out here. Chatter alone was enough to listen to though some had taken to busting out an instrument to pass the time or maybe to try to gain a bit of coin from others who passed them by. These were all familiar sights to him now but Cerise still seemed enamored with the violin players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]   [|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[|Nier/ACIV: BF|] Things Worth Fighting For [|1-on-1 RP|]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next