AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moonprincess
TK Baha
TK Baha
moonprincess

PokéPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Rapidash_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a494r

Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Empty
PostSubject: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:00 pm

I've always wanted to write oneshots but i find myself going on and on...I guess you could say I don't know how to keep it short and sweet. Its like once I start writing I don't stop until I get stuck....Im trying to work on oneshots now for the challenges but O feel like they're way too long...

Also, does anyone have any tips on how they get past writters block? Its almost like when I get stuck I find myself giving up amd starting a whole new story. I've been trying to write a Warcraft fanfic for a while now and I have like 5 going because I get stuck...

And my last question...I often have trouble with my writing style. I would like to paint a picture rather than just simply telling a story and I have a hard tome doing this...and knowing when to create a new paragraph and such confuses me too...I would like to have a more organized look to my stories rather than having it all thrown in togeather, like in books for example...

Any advice would be greatlu appreciated...
Back to top Go down
yurenxtsubaki78
Yomigami
Yomigami
yurenxtsubaki78

DigiPartner : Pumpkinmon
PokéPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Pikachu_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a496u

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:28 am

I totally understand.I sometimes get stuck like that.Especially when I'm writing stories that are longer then one shots.I have a tip for writing to stay on track.It's to write down bullets on what you think should happen.Like important eevents.Like thinking about what your characters should do ahead of time.This way you know what you should have your character do.Writer's block is hard,I've had it many times.I simply write down Radom things down in order to get some ideas.Which does teand to wok.

As for when to start a new paragraph do so when the place or they have met someoneor somthing drastic has happened.A change in the plot is usually where you do.I messed up with this happened many times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Snowflakesparklegore
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 am

I honestly haven't written a one-shot in so long. So it's a miracle if I even make it past 900 words.

As for writer's block, I tend to combat it here and there. Only for certain fandoms - even though it happens to me when I'm writing for my favorite fandom. I've found listening to music, and writing in a quiet setting does help quite a bit. Usually drabbles or anything less than 100 words keep me fresh, and somewhat steadily flowing with ideas.

Usually when I get stuck, I put whatever I'm working on, off for a little while, and when I'm feeling creative, I come back to it. Yet I make sure to reread it and see if I need to work on anything.. maybe even change it if it's not where I like it.

So yeah, some days I can really write, other days it's drafting/plotting ideas. Writer's block sucks, but you can't let it get the best of you. I find going outside for a while rounds up ideas as well. If you have to, take a small break, but make sure you don't come back with a bunch of sweets; I find that even those distract you. lol
Back to top Go down
http://starryeyedwriters.forumotion.com/u5
moonprincess
TK Baha
TK Baha
moonprincess

PokéPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Rapidash_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a494r

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 am

Thanks these are both very helpful! Now that I think about it I used to use music to get ideas too. I havent in a while though because I tend to listen more to movie scores amd things without words more often now....I'll have to break out my old playlist again! Haha I'll also start writing out plots and bullet points! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Pbucket
PokéPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... 037

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 am

I have to say I'm glad I read this for it's helped me out too! So thanks DKASHAANI for asking thus questions and those for answering!! :)
Back to top Go down
moonprincess
TK Baha
TK Baha
moonprincess

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 am

Glad I could help too! Haha
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 am

I actually have a separate topic with tips on writing one shots:

You can find that here.

As for writers block, I normally take a long walk or listen to music. Sometimes I just work on prompts or rp. Those seems to work a little bit for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...   Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any tips on writing oneshots/drabble? And a few other questions...
Page 1 of 1