AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:53 pm

"Well, it's nice to know someone down here doesn't entirely like killing. That's kind of a relief," Vaughn said, allowing a small smile to briefly flicker across his lips. It didn't last long however.

Fiona scoffed, glancing at the man.
"And what are we, chopped liver? We try not kill if we can help it. You guys were just a special case."

These little snits at each other hardly registered with Naira. With all the adrenaline now drained from her she felt as she had most days up on Helios after Jack's death; stressed, exhausted and tense. Perhaps even jittery, if she were honest. It wasn't like she'd been getting the proper amount of sleep nowadays, well, less so than usual. It honestly made it difficult to keep her thoughts straight.

If she had the option to she would have locked herself away from others, drained not only of energy but of being in others' presence as well. There was too much and too little time...

Naira jerked briefly upon Rhys' question though it wasn't until a moment later did she tear her gaze away from the fire to blink at him. What had he said? With Sasha, Fiona, Vaughn and Naeva talking off and on while he had she hadn't been particularly paying attention to any one of them. As such it wasn't for a moment or two before she actually realized he'd asked a question. Naira kicked herself at that realization. She shouldn't have been so out of it that a simple question had escaped her notice for so long!

"Mm. Fine."

The answer was short and sweet, a sure sign to any who knew her well enough that she was pushing her current limits.

Zer0 cocked his head to one side, curious now. The question mark blossomed from his helmet more in direction Naeva than to Naira and her Hyperion boy. She knew the current Hyperion president best, after all, perhaps Naeva might shed light on the situation further if she could. Or perhaps she was engrossed with listening to the others. It wouldn't surprise him. She was a people watcher, observing from afar to learn about others after all.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 pm

The little comments at each other kept coming and Naeva wasn't sure if she could keep the peace at this point. Maybe they didn't want to. Who knew. For the most part, the Hyperion workers didn't seem terrible, they were definitely out their element but they weren't bad.

Sasha and Fiona were aggressive but a lot of people on Pandora were. This group just seemed to mix like oil and water here. There wasn't much that could be done about that.

It was Rhys who inevitably broke Naira's silence in the end of it all. Naeva lifted her head a little, watching the slow movement and realization dawn on her that she was asked something. An all too familiar response left the group confused and only Naeva knew that facade there.

When Zer0 turned to question Naeva, she offered a shrug of her shoulders. Naira did things like that all the time. Said she was fine when she wasn't and preferred the subject dropped. Here, it could be many things.

"The proper translation to that is actually 'I'm brooding," Naeva answered instead. If she cracked a small smile, she didn't quite mean it to be nasty.

The silence lingered for a long time, even Jack was quiet as if waiting on Naira's answer. The one she gave left everyone silent. It wasn't as if she was hiding the fact that something was wrong too well.

Naeva was the first to comment on that, in fact, speaking up in a bit of a joking manner. Beside him, he could have sworn he saw Jack scowl a little.

"I think we've all hit that point," Rhys answered, "We're ten million in the hole and if we go back up there, we're all canned."

"Well, you're not dead yet, that's something," Naeva quickly answered.

"Do you just...bleed optimism or something?"

"No, but Naira used to swear that I could bleed the galaxy if I tried hard enough."

Rhys couldn't help snort a little in amusement at the proud, somewhat sly grin that overtook her features. He'd never heard that side of his boss before.

"No, no, no, I don't like that at all," Jack commented offhandedly. Rhys wasn't sure what the man had meant but he noticed somewhat of a pout adorning his features.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 am

Naira hardly paid any mind to the conversations around her until Rhys had directed a question to her. It didn't surprise her much when Naeva took to 'translating' her answer, her eyes flickering briefly to her. Naira listened to the banter that followed, an almost amused scoff leaving her. If not for everything weighing in on her, Naira might have actually cracked a wry smile at the memory.

"That's not something I thought I'd hear about my boss," Vaughn pointed out. He looked as if he wasn't sure just how to respond to this news either.

"Is Hyperion full of weirdos then? Because that's kind of what I'm getting here." Fiona wondered, eyebrow raised.

Finally, Naira shifted, running a hand over her mouth for a moment. She was nowhere closer to solving the problems and these distractions weren't helping matters. Nonetheless she attempted to conceal her frustration on that matter. Snapping at everyone here wasn't going to help even if Naeva might yet have a clue that it would happen sooner rather than later.

"All right, you jokers, that's enough already," she demanded. It lacked any bite to it if only due to her exhaustion. "We need to foc--"

Zer0 grew curious at the sound of a ringing, the telltale sign of an ECHO call. It was coming from Naira's coat pocket, cutting her off and drawing her attention to it. Already the woman had moved to fish out the ECHO device, a curious look upon her face. For a moment it looked as if she was not quite intent on answering the call.

"It would seem you have / new business to contend with. / Why not answer it?" Zer0 urged. Perhaps overhearing a call might lead them with new information though if any of it would be useful would be the question. The attempt would be better than none at all though.

"Though try not to get us all in trouble here, all right?" Fiona was saying, looking wary.

Zer0 could not blame the woman though no one seemed to say anything in response to it. Instead all sets of eyes seemed to be on Naira as she rose to her feet, answering the ECHO call. Her greeting was less than enthusiastic, perhaps a telltale sign of who the caller was or something more. Either way, Zer0 did not initially put much stock in it.

"So, you must be the Vasquez I've been hearing so much about today."

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 4:11 pm

If anything, the humor seemed to helped everyone relax a bit. Naeva would gladly be the clown if it meant they all just cooled off a bit. If she and Zer0 were going to get them to cooperate, it would be good if they could get along, just for a while. That feat might be easier said than done.

It did seem to help Naira a tad, maybe getting her to think of better times. Naeva had no idea but from her scoff, she guessed the other woman was at least putting some heaver thoughts aside.

"Tell me about it," Rhys had agreed with his friend.

Naeva snorted in amusement. If what they said was true, Naira did subdue herself a lot up there. Given the circumstances, she probably had to for good reason. Naeva couldn't find it in her to blame the other woman, having fully well know what it was like. Witnessing it once herself was all she needed.

"We were always a strange sort," she added easily.

"Sounds like you two were pretty close."

Naira finally started to speak up, her tone a little stronger than before. She was cut off by a call, it resounding out in the silence that followed. Zer0 broke that silence briefly, urging her to answer. Perhaps he thought something interesting might develop from it.

Naeva glanced over at Rhys when Naira spoke to the person. She recalled the name, overhearing that call earlier. No wonder the kid looked pale. His buddy did too. They all must have really gotten themselves in a bind over this.

"Well that's worrying..." she muttered, leaning forward slightly, ignoring the ache in her leg as she did so.

----- [ x ] -----

It was taking too long to get through to these people, much less the damn president. Finally, hours after the initial plan had been hashed out did she pick up her damn ECHO. Vasquez cleared his throat, acting professional as he needed to.

"That would be me, yes," he answered quickly, "Listen, I know what's going down, I've got all the information I need. Now, I just need some help."

If this worked out, he could easily can the president and take control of this place. She was already walking a fine line as it was. This would be the push he needed. Just play into her desperation right now...

"Let me cut you a deal..." he started carefully, "You out those two that stole my car, my money, and my deal, and I'll get your job back, free of charge."

He quieted a moment later to let her mull it over. Rushing this woman might not be in his best interest, after all.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Naira observed the face on the ECHO screen, swearing she knew that face. Of course she did, she had to have seen it before in Helios' halls but it was more than that. It was a nagging feeling in her gut that refused to budge. Nonetheless she tried to ignore it for the moment, motioning for those around her to shush. The last thing she needed was for this Vasquez to hold back if he thought he was on speaker and being overheard by others right now. Granted, none of them could do anything to get him sacked with Hyperion with their state but it was worth it to hear what he might say.

A scoff, more of wry amusement, left her upon Vasquez's little deal. Free of charge... that was a joke, it had to be. No one on Helios did anything 'free of charge' anymore. Jack's rampant vendetta against Roland and Lilith and any bandit or psycho on Pandora had made it far too easy for the assholes to do as they wanted. Now those same people sat comfortably high on the hierarchy and refused to budge.

"Oh, you're a treat," she finally said, beginning to pace 'round the fire. "I know all of Jack's little secrets and pet projects not to mention all the top secret ones happening in R&D. Hyperion can't afford to fire me lest I go spilling those little corporate secrets off to Dahl or Maliwan."

It was a low blow to keep using but it had kept Naira safe enough so far. Even when the board of directors knew she was the culprit behind siphoning money away for her own little pet project they'd had no proof and thus couldn't risk acting further than removing a good chunk of her credentials behind the scenes. They still had the opportunity to try to force her to spill that information of Jack's, after all.

"So, as far as you're concerned, I'm still the Queen of Helios and if I say 'hop to' you say 'where to, ma'am!' With that in mind, do you want to try changing your pitch?"

Zer0 was growing far more curious than he had initially been upon the ECHO ringing out. How Hyperion dealt with things seemed far more underhanded than he might have thought. Or perhaps this was how things had fallen up there, with Jack in power for so long. Zer0 would not pretend to know nor do much to find out either way.

He glanced at Naeva as they listened in. What was she making of all of this? For all the fighting that had occurred with Jack and Naira against nearly the whole of Pandora they'd never been privy to moments like this. Perhaps it was a glimmer of insight for his companion and he wondered what might be gleaned in these moments. It was entirely possible that later on Naeva might wish to talk about it, if only to get a grasp of her thoughts and observations.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Rhys' heart was pounding at the very thought that Vasquez was trying to get to Naira now. She shot a brief look and everyone remained quiet, simply listening as the conversation went on. Naira had remained confident, even going as far as mentioning black mailing Hyperion if she was canned.

Was that was kept her president for so long? That seemed to be the case and all things considered, that was pretty clever. If it had been anyone else, Rhys wasn't sure they'd have last.

He spared Vaughn a glance, worry prominent on his friends face. A shake of his head was all he could offer. They couldn't worry just yet, not until something actually happened. The fact that Vasquez was trying to get rid of so many, much less the president of the company, showed just how confident he was becoming.

"What even is this chuckle head? Who is this asshole, Vasquez?" Jack had spoken up again. Rhys was unable to give a proper answer for the time being. That didn't stop the hologram from appearing pissed off either way.

Naeva folded her hands, glancing down at the ground as she listened to what was being said. Naira had always been a fighter and given the position, she couldn't afford to lose it. She wasn't at all surprised that Naira was prepared to leak information or out right black mail Hyperion to keep her job.

Circumstances really had led the two into completely opposite positions and in that moment, Naeva almost found it comical. The irony was funny.

----- [ x ] -----

He'd expected that. Naira knew her way around and Jack probably taught her more than anyone needed. She was the closest to the man, much to most people's annoyance. A lot of them wanted her dead for that alone. Vasquez was certainly prepared to make that happened.

Her spiel was met with a simple smirk. Such a demand would be brushed away. If she thought she was the only one who could blackmail around here, she was wrong.

"You know, it's funny you mention things like that because," he paused, rubbing his jaw slightly as if thinking it through, "I've taken some time to poke around your records and found something interesting throughout the years."

She'd been taking care of someone on Pandora, sending packages of supplies whenever she could and on her pay. That didn't go over unnoticed if one did enough digging. Using that could be his ticket here.

"In the past, you've spent your own money sending care packages down to a certain individual. I've got it on good word that they're still on Pandora. It wouldn't take long to send some people down there, take care of that one real quick, if you know what I mean?"

----- [ x ] -----

Naeva couldn't help but scoff at that threat. The care packages...so it was Naira who'd been sending them. Regardless of that, the threat would no doubt go unheeded. What was more, even if they sent skilled people to pursue her, she still had Zer0 and he was by far one of the most skilled assassin's known around these areas.

"You have my permission to kill this asshole," she whispered to the very assassin beside her.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Naira might have been amused by the studious looks on Fiona and Sasha's faces, even as they whispered to one another behind their hands. Perhaps they were using this opportunity to learn more about Hyperion's inner workings, or maybe they were commenting on it all for their own amusement. Whichever option it was Naira didn't much care. Her life as well as Rhys' and Vaughn's were riding on this and so much more. The little things could be dealt with later.

When Vasquez dutifully began to work around the fallen ball Naira allowed a feigned noise of interest to escape her. This wasn't the first that she'd been blackmailed, or at least the attempt to be blackmailed. She covered her tracks well, all thanks to Jack.

"You get an 'A' for effort but your research and thus your work is incomplete," she mocked quickly after. A glance towards Naeva proved that she was already whispering to Zer0 and it didn't take much to imagine what it was being said. "There never was a name on the packages nor were they ever sent to the same places consistently, you'd be hard pressed to find that person. That's not even mentioning the fact that her companion is well-versed in stealth combat."

Zer0 chuckled, low and hushed as it was, to Naeva's comment and to the fact that it seemed Naira had taken great pains to take care of his companion from afar. Strange given Naira's occupation though perhaps he might spare her a favor in return. Naeva had long since wondered who the packages were from much less whether they were meant for them at all. It seemed taking them had been the right thing after all.

"It would be a joy," he muttered back, if only to continue hearing what else might said.

New information seemed abound right now. Whether that was from those on the ECHO or from the reactions of the rest around the fire it didn't matter. Zer0 would observe and he would file away this information for later use.

"So, mind answering me just what your vendetta against your co-workers is?" Naira interrogated.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:15 pm

He thought had done enough with that particular bit but Naira had covered the tracks well. He should have known it wouldn't shake her. She didn't take that position for shits and giggles. She learned to adapt to the people around her.

Vasquez resisted an annoyed sound, anger bubbling up in him at the moment. If he didn't think of something fast, there would be no way to get Naira at his side and what was more, easily disposed.

The question, however, left him regaining his composer. He lifted his head a little, a chuckle leaving him as he shook it. That was a simple answer. Best lecture her as he had done to Rhys not too long ago...

"Because they're in the way of my destiny," he answered simply, "You see, some people sit and wait for their time to come. Me, well, I take action. I won't allow anyone to stand in the way of what I want. My destiny is going to take me to the top. And if I need to teach you a lesson in humility, I will gladly."

----- [ x ] -----

Naeva had spared Zer0 a smile. He sounded as if he'd take great pleasure in that act, if only for the threat alone. It wouldn't surprise her if that was the case. Zer0 had killed for much less things, even if someone uttered the word 'challenge' in a sentence.

They paused to listen, Naeva raising her eyebrow at this mans 'speech' of sorts. She rubbed the back of her hand against her mouth, trying to hide the smile there. Helios seemed to be full of these people and she had a hard time taking them seriously...

That familiar speech came up again and apart from Naeva trying not to laugh, he noticed Sasha and Fiona shoot each other a look as well. They really weren't sure how to take Vasquez. Maybe they really did think of him as a joke.

Beside him, Jack seemed to puff his chest out proudly, arms crossed. A smirk had tugged at his lips as he stared at Naira.
"Now that's my girl! Beat that ass hole down! Put him in his place!"

From the sound of it, Jack really sounded like he put a lot of faith in Naira...Rhys could see why now.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 pm

It seemed Vasquez happily enjoyed lecturing people and Naira had to resist a roll of her eyes. Nonetheless she let him finish though she'd noticeably began to lose interest the more he spoke. If she'd had both hands freed she might have taken to cleaning the dirt from under her nails, as it was she tossed the two Pandorans a look and pulled a face. It seemed Fiona and Sasha didn't quite know what to make of that. At least Vaughn looked somewhat amused.

"Aw, c'mon, Rhys' Pieces and Vaughn are total rainbows and sunshine rays and..." She paused, reaching for something to finish that train of thought with. As it stood, she was drained and hadn't the creativity for it now. "And I am not nearly on enough drugs for that train of thought. I can rectify that though."

Walking to Vaughn she held the ECHO device out, screen still facing her and very simply said "Hold." Surprised, Vaughn still did as asked, moving to hold the thing delicately as if afraid Vasquez might pop out through the ECHO itself. Naira heard Vasquez saying something though she didn't pay him any mind, instead working to fish into the inner pockets of her coat. It didn't take her long to fish out several small caffeine pill packets and two bottles of prescribed uppers. It was one of these bottles that she actually kept out, stuffing the others away unceremoniously.

If Naira noticed the looks tossed her way from those around her she did not react to it. Instead she dug out three little pills from the bottle and popped them in her mouth. Only when she was returning the bottle to her coat pocket did she speak again, pills tucked into her cheek for the moment.

"Before you try, these are prescribed, so suck it. And we'll come back 'round to the rainbows and sunshine in about thirty minutes when these have kicked in." Here Naira pulled a face, quickly swallowing the pills. She'd waited too long, the bitter taste of them stuck to her tongue now. Nonetheless she pushed on to say "So you can just go ahead and call me back then. ... Or don't, I'm not going to pick up anyways."

"Wooow, and here I thought I was already in a giant skeezeball's presence. Looks like I owe you an apology," Fiona stated once Naira had hung up the ECHO call.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:48 pm

The call had come to an end, a bottle of pills being tucked away. Naira must have still been on some, if not more these days. She always struggled with depression. Naeva still did at moments but these days, she felt better.

When the ECHO was finally hung up, she started to snicker. She didn't know what this guys act was, but it was downright hilarious.

"Oh man, I don't even know what to make of that guy but he's so into himself, it's actually kind of sad," she brought up lightly.

"Yea, really...I guess you guys really were trying to screw over a major asshole...Sorry I didn't believe you. I'm even more sorry that the key was fake now. The guy really deserves it."

It surprised Rhys to hear everyone's differing opinions. Apart from the Vault Hunters own skills, they were either unimpressed or found the guy to be a complete joke.

Rhys wished he could agree but he still had people. He could kill them all, or at least he and Vaughn, if he wanted to. Still, he tried to spare a smile at those words.

"It's alright," he answered, "All things considered, I know why we're not exactly trusted down here."

"You trying to imply something kid...? Ah, what the hell does it matter. My babe is a bad ass! Look at her! Man, I never thought she'd be this good one day..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:07 pm

"Yeah, so, that's pretty much normal up on Helios nowadays," Vaughn pointed out. He still looked uneasy though noticeably less pale. That was good, she hadn't the time to try to talk anyone down from a possible anxiety attack. Vaughn certainly seemed the type to be the one to fall victim to one down on this planet.

"Sounds like a riot." The comment was sarcastic though it didn't seem to be entirely malicious. Perhaps this little ECHO call had enlightened the Pandorans here to what went on behind the scenes of their enemies.

Was it just Zer0 or was there a look to Naira's eye that he didn't quite like? It seemed she had resolved to say something though waited until everyone had quieted down. She'd had yet to take a seat at any rate. He stiffened, waiting then for that woman to say something. Despite the verbal victory she seemed no happier than she had been minutes before that call.

Did Naeva pick up on this as well? He didn't dare glance over to find out, keeping track of the Hyperion president's every move as she turned to them both. Only then did she actively speak up.

"I'm afraid I'll be retracting our previous deal's terms. The circumstances have changed and so too will they. You can either choose to follow along to the Vault with us or you can leave. I'm afraid I can't allow this Gortys core to escape my sight now much less missing the chance to open another Vault. There's too much I have riding on the opening of a new one."

Zer0 allowed an exclamation point to emerge from his visor briefly. What was this? He shouldn't be surprised that a Hyperion employee was turning back on their word. He rose to his feet, head cocked to one side as he spoke. "And if I refuse? / What will you do about it? / Naeva still remains."

The answer quite surprised him, though only briefly. She'd reached for her pistol pointing it squarely where his eyes were. Would she really shoot him despite knowing how fond of him her friend was?

"Woah, woah, woah! Didn't we already settle this?!" Vaughn cried out.

"I don't have time for games. You either agree to my terms, leave, or I can shoot any dissenters here and now. I have too many goals which align with the opening of a Vault."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:26 pm

The banter had died down as quickly as it had come up. There was silence that eventually led into Naira speaking again. Naeva's heart leapt at what she said and what was more, eventually produced a pistol, aiming it squarely at his head.

Naeva was quick to produce her own. Injured, she might be, but she could still shot. An elemental weapon would chew through Naira's shield faster than a normal pistol.

"Killer," she called out for the robotic skag who was quickly alert, running toward the woman, a growl resounding out in the silence, "Don't make me do this."

Her heart pounded and she struggled at the thought of shooting her friend but Zer0 had been far more important in these recent years.

Rhys was quick to his feet, moving over to the pair of them. Guns were pulled quicker than words or agreements were hashed out. The fact that old friends could just do that to each other after joking around, that was scary.

"Hey, now hold on!" he shouted, stepping up toward Naira's side, "Seriously, we just got passed all this and you're pulling guns at people who could help you?"

Nothing was lowered and his heart continued to race. "What the hell is wrong with you all of a sudden?"

As if that didn't seem to make her budge, Rhys felt his blood starting to boil. He remembered what he told her earlier that day and it shook him. Was this really what she was like? What made her any different from Jack?

"I thought you wanted to help push Hyperion into a better place," he scolded a moment later, "But I'm thinking that's a lie now. You're not better than the people up there. You're no better than...than Vasquez."

"You are gonna get shot kiddo and it's gonna be hilarious. Oh man, I'm enjoying this so much." Jack's voice echoed out. Rhys ignored those words for the time being.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Naira didn't falter, her pistol still aimed squarely at Zer0. He very well could have moved yet he hadn't, not yet. What was going through his mind? Perhaps he was well aware that Naeva had his back on this as she'd already pulled her own gun out and had ordered for Killer to come standby in case. Behind her she heard the crunch of dirt and gravel--the telltale sounds of the other three moving out of the way.

"That depends on your answer to my terms," she answered simply.

"My answer? It is / also Naeva's answer. So / leave it to her now."

Naira wasn't entirely bothered by the fact that Naeva now had a pistol aimed firmly at her or that the robotic skag was ready to take a bite out of her if needed. In fact, it seemed that Zer0 was even handing the reigns over to Naeva on this decision... What did bother her were Rhys' eventual words to her. Her gaze gaze grew stonier and though she did not turn from Zero nor lower her gun she would answer.

"My goals are simple; to push Hyperion into a better place, to use our resources to actually better Pandora, to make an orphanage here to start with. And in the end, I'll kill the Siren and the bartender that caused Jack's inevitable loss of himself! If I open a Vault I can find answers, I can get the board to actually listen! I..."

Zer0's head tilted to the other side now, curious. It went without saying that a question mark emerged from his visor upon his confusion. It was only then that he turned to glance at Naeva, wondering what she might do. This was in her hands now, she was the one who would shoot her friend if Zer0 was harmed after all. It seemed nothing was simple today at all.

"Look, we're all tired here, let's just rest and figure this out in the morning or something. I don't want to be cleaning up corpses tonight," Fiona was saying though she looked uncertain. Perhaps it was an attempt to diffuse the situation.

"Seriously! We'll all feel better after some sleep!" added Vaughn.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Naeva held her breath, waiting on the telltale sign of gun fire that never came. Instead, it was Rhys who spoke up, outright insulting Naira to boot. Naira's own argument sounded all too familiar.

"That sounds like a lot of Jack talking," she muttered carefully.

Yes, he had said a lot of the same, wanting to take Pandora for his own. Making it better while destroying the lives of uninvolved parties. Had she really gone that deep?

Zer0 had let Naeva take the reigns on this one, perhaps feeling as if his opinion on what happened here or to Naira was not needed. If Naira so much as shoot at Zer0, however, Naeva would shoot back.

"Being completely honest, I'm not sure," she finally answered, "I wanted to cart them all to Moxxi but it sounds like there's a story there that we haven't heard."

Why such a grudge? Lilith nor Moxxi had ever mentioned anything involving Jack beyond his reign on Sanctuary. What was missing there?

"We need that Vault..." she continued after a moment. A shake of her head followed. Naeva was at a loss here. This was becoming far too complicated to deal with.

Rhys flinched, surprised by the sudden outburst of emotion from Naira. This was the first time he'd heard her voice even so much as crack, much less all the emotion in it. He stepped back a little, his heart beating in his ears.

Still, he shook his head. There was all kinds of protests and uncertainties but he had to agree with Vaughn and Fiona on this matter.

"We've all had enough for today," he finally added, "Can we just go a a few more hours without point a gun, please?"

"You'd be surprised at how hard that really is to do but...I agree, tempers are too hot right now, especially yours," Sasha added, pointing out Naira, "Lets put the weapons away for the night."

Naeva was hesitant on that matter. She didn't want to lower her own until Naira bad but they were equally stubborn, so she relented first. If Naira did try to do something more, Killer was already at Naeva's side, baring mechanical teeth.

"I'll agree to that much," she finally said. She became aware that she and Zer0 might need new plans here, if at all. Naeva still wasn't fit for travel, after all. They might lose the Vault regardless at this point.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Naira had no intent to speak further, that much was clear, her expression the sort of one who attempted to reign in their composure yet failing. He saw no need to at least take her words with a grain of salt, perhaps her intentions were truthful however he would not fully believe until he saw progress on such things. With that announcement of going to kill Moxxi and Lilith, however, he worried very briefly. Both were equally good fences for new equipment and jobs after all...

It seemed there was much at stake here that Zer0 could not have planned for beforehand as much as he might have tried to.

"Come on, let's all pile right into the caravan and fight for a place to sleep at then, huh? Just no surprise attacks in the night, can we agree to that much?" Fiona said again, glancing between them all. Naira and Naeva had yet to lower their guns yet though everyone seemed to be doing their best to rectify that much. "Look, I'll even go first; I promise not to attack anyone in the night. See?"

"If we all agree / then I will not strike in the / night either. Promise," Zer0 all but grumbled. Only Naeva might be able to discern that difference and he made the effort to flash a happy face for proper affect. This and Naeva lowering her gun seemed to be what was needed for Naira to finally holster her own weapon.

A curious thing it was to see her sigh, her shoulders sagging under some hidden weight. Without a word to any of them she'd turned, bumping shoulders with Rhys and striding to the caravan. It was only when she'd neared that vehicle did any of them hear her speak, gesturing for the loader bot nearby. "If you will guard me through the night," she'd murmured to the robot, perhaps not trusting any of them.

Silence seemed to fall over them all then, the crackling of the fire the only thing to be heard. It was the scrawny Hyperion boy, the one who slouched, that broke it. Vaughn rubbed the back of his neck, peering around at them all. "Sooooo, if we're all in agreement then? Some sleep sounds really great, provided I don't have nightmares about today!"

Zer0 scoffed, turning then to Naeva. He held out his hands for hers, ready to help her. Whether or not they slept outside or in the caravan with the others would be seen.

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Things were calming steadily, lighter words combating the harsh ones thrown out just moments before. For that part, Naeva was grateful. She didn't have it in her to be humorous or lighthearted right now.

With her weapon placed back into it's holster safely, she folded her hands for a moment. They shook, it had been a long time since they shook this badly. She remembered the first time she killed someone out of self defense. It was almost just as bad as it had been then.

Zer0 had it in him enough to try and relieve some of the stress as well, even if in his tone, something spoke otherwise. Naeva kept silent on that matter.

Eventually, Zer0 stood, offering his hands to pull Naeva to her feet. She gladly took him up on that offer despite the way her hands refused to still.

"Thank you," she finally managed to mutter, "Sorry that...got way out of hand."

Rhys tried to ignore the way Naira bumped his shoulder as if to snub him. He shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck briefly. Heaving a sigh next, he watched as Naira called on Loader Bot, asking for it to guard her.

What did she intend to do, sleep outside? At this point, maybe that's the only thing she could do. She didn't trust them and in that, Rhys suddenly felt cold.

"Let's just get some sleep," he finally muttered, following after Vaughn. Jack still trailed behind. When would he disappear as well? Even now, he stared back at Naira, as if there was some yearning there.

Knowing that relationship, there probably was. Rhys couldn't help him in that but...a part of him wondered if Jack was there, would Naira be different? He shook the thought as quickly as it came.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

He could feel the heaviness in the air even after Naira had disappeared with the loader bot. Or rather, the bot had decided to leap effortlessly to the top of the caravan where a railing running round the top told him all he needed to. For the moment he pushed other thoughts aside in order to tend to Naeva, her hands slipping into his gloved ones easily.

Pulling her to her feet was an effortless feat though he frowned upon the way her hands shook violently in his own. That had no occurred since long before... The emote changed to one of questioning, silent even as the others headed towards the caravan. He would leave them to divvy up their sleeping spaces while he tended to his companion. She needed it more than he needed to keep an eye on everyone else.

"You are worried then? / For her or for me, perhaps? / Both of us even?" It would not surprise him if that was the case. Even after all this time Naeva still cared, her heart very much on her sleeve.

He shook his head then, waving the topic away as he moved to scoop her up now that the other had disappeared into their caravan. They could either head inside or find a more comfortable place around this fire that still burned bright. Zer0 would not be adverse to remaining out here, so long as they were not left come morning.

"What do you wish for?" he asked instead.

Vaughn wasn't sure what to think of what had happened. On the one hand it was clear that Naira was still very heavily effected by Handsome Jack's death but on the other that situation didn't have to turn out like that at all. Surely even she saw that? With those thoughts, Vaughn tossed a worried look and a shrug towards Rhys before following the girls into the caravan. He didn't quite fancy the idea of waking up to bugs or skags out there...

"Man, I could've finished tabulating columns of beautiful numbers and then take a hot shower up on Helios," he mourned as he entered the vehicle.

Already Fiona was fishing out what she could though she didn't look entirely enthused about it. Vaughn found himself a little surprised that they weren't being forced to sleep outside though maybe the occurrences around the fire had brought some light to old ideas and feelings. It was his best guess.

"So... who gets the couch and the floor then?" he wondered, glancing around. Briefly he grew confused when he saw no sight of Naira in here despite the fact that she had entered this vehicle before them all. Had she headed up to the top, to sleep out in the cold night air?

----[x]----

Naira ignored the brisk cool air that assaulted what bare skin it could. The coat was thick and would serve her well in the night, even if she was leaning back against a cold robot for a makeshift bed. In this way she would remain partially seated, her hand kept close to her pistol just in case. Lacking ammo though she was, it could still serve as a blunt weapon if need be. It would be a rough night, proper sleep being a rarity for her nowadays. Nonetheless she had to try even if the cool metal of the loader bot sapped her warmth and caused her shoulders to ache all the more.

Only when she'd properly seated herself as comfortably as she could did Naira reach up to pull her hood down low to her nose. A precaution to those who might peer up at her from the hatch nearby and from the eventual morning sun.

It would be best if she kept her distance.

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

The shaking of her hands was hard to miss, no doubt. It wasn't as if she could do much to hide it. For the first time in a long time, anxiety seemed to take it's hold, leaving her feeling odd.

He made an easy guess and the last was true. Naeva had often put her worries for him to rest. He could take care of himself but...Well, that was the first time Naira had considered hurting Naeva so deeply.

"A little of both," she eventually admitted, "But I think...that'd be the first time I've ever seen her considering hurting me that deeply."

In that regard, she really was afraid. The Naira here could mask something of a personality ready to blow if she decided on it. That was more like Jack and in that, Naeva really found herself shaken.

The thought was there and gone in a moment as he scooped her up easily. Naeva heaved a sigh, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"If it's the same to you, I've gotten enough of a taste of people for the day," she answered him.

---- [x] ----

Vaughn was rattling on nervously, something he did quite often. Rhys never really minded. At the moment, he didn't have it in him to stop his friend either. Everything that did happen really shook both of them.

Rhys shook his head at that, offering an amused scoff. "I could really dig the shower part right about now."

The comforts of Helios were gone and weren't likely to come back. What was more concerning was Naira's mental state. It seemed she was always like this but this was the first time Rhys had seen the brunt of it...

He turned to glance at the door, taking notice that she, nor Naeva or Zer0 had followed along. He could understand the Vault Hunters, they seemed pretty used to being in their own company, but Naira?

"I honestly don't mind the floor since I already 'slept' there once today," he answered, trying to joke around a bit.

"Yea, and drooled all over it! But it was pretty funny to just see you clonk out like that."

"Ha ha," Rhys joked in response. Now if only they knew what was following him...Naira had made sure he remained quiet on that and he wasn't about to oppose her word after that display.

"Kid, why are you letting her sleep outside? Get out there and figure out a way for me to talk to her!"

Rhys barely spared a glance at Jack right now. There wasn't much he could do and given that Naira seemed to want her moment alone, he wasn't going to disturb her.

"Alright, okay. I'll figure something out...Just you wait."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:32 am

Zer0 had waited for Naeva to answer, even as he'd taken her up in his arms. This way was far easier than helping her to walk, after all, even if they would only be moving a few feet or so. He waited for Naeva's answers, keeping an eye and ear open around them. The commotion could have drawn a wild skag to them but it seemed they were lucky. Killer remained near, not yet alerted to any new heat signatures, after all.

A shake of his head followed Naeva's initial words. Had she been that surprised? The years had passed and they might have remained friends but both had clearly changed, perhaps not for the better in some cases. Zer0 left that thought alone for the moment. There was too much as it was.

"Then here we will stay. / Out by fire's light, away / from them all tonight," he answered finally, moving to set her down somewhere more comfortable. He would join her side again soon enough, taking great pains to make sure she was comfortable.

The injury to her leg was rather annoying to contend with but at least it wasn't worse off. A surprise that might have been, but a pleasant one amongst everything else so Zer0 would not complain. It only took a minute before Zer0 had readied their makeshift camp, his rifle and blade in easy reach by the time he'd sat back down at Naeva's side.

"Rest now," he urged her, fingers trailing over her arm as if to further convey his concern without words.

----[x]----

Vaughn's shoulders sagged somewhat at the decision that they'd get the floor though he supposed that was to be expected. This wasn't exactly their vehicle after all. Still, a somewhat comfortable place to sleep at would have been more than a blessing after today's events.

"Just try not to drool all over the floor again." Fiona scoffed, tossing a balled up set of sheets at Rhys.

Once Vaughn received his own blanket he quickly set out to claim a spot on the floor. Wherever Naira and the Vault Hunters slept at tonight it seemed they wanted their distance from them all. It left the caravan roomier at least... Vaughn kept that thought to himself, a little worried about being overheard by either party on that matter.

"Well, here's to a night of nightmares, I'm sure," Vaughn muttered, working to lay down for the night.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Zer0 was quiet, taking care with her injured leg. It was sore, overly so, but she ignored the throb instead focusing on her thoughts. He said nothing of Naira and if she was honest, it wasn't difficult to tell what he thought. They changed, she had changed more. At least, in Naeva's view she had.

What she saw wasn't her friend but more of a stranger. That shook her more than she wanted to admit. She resisted a sigh as she placed down again. The pains he took to make her comfortable wasn't missed.

Naeva laid back, watching the sky for a long moment. It was something that she admired here. Of all Pandora's dangers, the night sky had always been worth it.

Fingers trailed down her arm briefly, a quiet word to rest breaking his usual pattern of Haiku's. Naeva hummed in agreement. After today, physical and mental exhaustion had settled in her.

"Yea, you too." she replied simply.

Sleep wouldn't come so easily, her mind unusually restless. There wasn't much she could do about it now except try to brush it off as she did long before. Closing her eyes, she finally heaved a sigh and tried to drift off.

---- [x] ----

Vaughn didn't seemed pleased with the arrangements but all things considered, this wasn't their van either. If it hadn't been for some kindness out of this group, even if it was a little, they wouldn't be here now. So they'd deal with the floor until they could get back to Helios.

Rhys took a blanket and laid down on his side. Jack had notably disappeared for the moment. He didn't pretend to know how that happened. Whatever that was, he figured it was a small blessing for the moment.

"We'll live, Vaughn," he answered his friend. It seemed of the two of them, he was rather shaken by today's events. Maybe that was the right case, all things considered, "All things considered, no one actually ended up dead."

Silently, Rhys wondered how long that would last. Naira pointing a gun at the Vault Hunter...if things had gone astray just then, someone might have ended up seriously hurt if not dead...

He shook the thought from his mind as he closed his eyes. Best get some shut eye while he can now. Maybe things would be better in the morning...

That was his silent hope, anyways.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Her comment was softly spoken, not at all surprising given the situation that had transpired minutes ago. Rest was definitely for the best, for all of them, so they could think more rationally about all of this. Still, Zer0 was not entirely sure that Naira would be changing her mind about the terms come morning light. If that was the case then they'd either have to hash out what they could with the new conditions or kill her. Zer0 wasn't so sure that killing was the proper answer in this situation, however.

Though it would take both some time to actually achieve sleep Zer0 did not answer so as not to entice conversation further. Naeva needed the sleep to heal and rest more so than he did. He and her skag would keep watch through the night, Zer0 dozing only lightly when he felt it was safe enough to.

At one point he reached out to brush his fingers against hers, keeping them near.

----[x]----

Naira's doze was fitful, the sounds around them quiet yet enough to keep her attention for the moment. The crackling of the fire could barely be hard but the whirring of the loader bot's gears as it moved on occasion, keeping watch faithfully, kept her from fully sleeping. Not that this was a surprise. Sleep was rare in the recent months, not that she let that be known easily. Thankfully her glasses hid the deep bags under her eyes to some degree, masking her exhaustion enough to avoid questions from most.

Her thoughts were hazy, drifting in and out. The development earlier did not so much as shock her as it confirmed what Naira already knew, had already observed from afar with the satellite feeds on Helios. Naeva was far more attached and faithful to Zer0 now than to an old friend who'd she hadn't seen properly in years. It was to be expected yet it still stung a little to see it first hand. At least Naira knew for sure, however.

A quiet grunt escaped her, a moment passing further before she moved enough to fix her glasses. There was hardly a point to take them off even as she slept. If she had been upon Helios where she had her private room she would have along with the gauntlet. At least at night she did not have to see the damage left to her flesh. As it stood, no one else needed to know and see it other than she and her doctor.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Hours had ticked by before the kid had finally fallen asleep. It was fitful but Jack would take the opportunity regardless. Dealing with trying to figure out just how he could take control of a body had been a difficult task. Jack had been watching, waiting, for an opportunity and he had it now.

Eventually, he found his way in. Sitting up, Jack had to adjust to an actual body again. Flexing his, or rather, the kid's hand. It was an odd feeling, returning to a body, but it worked out regardless.

Jack pulled himself to his feet, mindful of those sleeping in the caravan and quickly exited, pulling the door shut quietly. He sneered at the two, well aware they had involvement in taking his dream away from him. Best not try anything now. The robot lifted it's head, staring him down as he walked to where Naira was sleeping.

It only took a moment to find her, leaning against the Loader Bot, barely looking asleep as it was. Jack shook his head. A confident smirk in place, he leaned down to her level.

"Babe," he called out softly, "Bunny, come on, up and at'em. We need to talk."

If she noticed any difference in this kid's mannerism right away, that would make things a lot easier for him. Hopefully that was the case. Jack wasn't sure if he'd share Rhys' pain at this point and a slap was something he'd rather not deal with right now.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Naira wasn't sure when she actually fell asleep but at some point she was listening to the occasional whir of gears and machinery within the loader bot and the next there was nothing. If she dreamed she wasn't aware of it, not when she heard Loader Bot speak up to quietly announce the arrival of someone. It was clearly one of the others lest the 'bot would have been more of an alarm than a nudge, so to speak.

Nonetheless Naira didn't quite move, still hazy with sleep. It was a welcome thing to sleep without dreams these days and just when she'd achieved that she was pulled from it, growing all too aware of the ache in her shoulders and back, the buzz at her temples and the heavy weight in her chest. Curious was the fact that Rhys' shoes came into view, the man close enough to her now that she could make them out in the moonlight from under her hood.

The words didn't quite register just yet, not quite fully pulled from a doze. As such she grunted, hand coming up to rub at her eyes under the hood. Naira made no move just yet to push it back out of the way.

"What d'you want, Rhys?" she grumbled, her words slurred with a lack of awareness.

With any luck she'd be able to shoo him away and get back to resting. She needed it lest she be hindered further come morning light. Headaches were a pain to work through, even more so when the medications for her depression weren't strong enough on their own, not with the recent year's events.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:00 pm

She was taking a long time to even stir, much less pull the hood to look back at him. What was more, it was somewhat expected that she'd called out Rhys' name and not his own. Still, it hurt a little. Was she even listening right now?

"Rhys? No, no, no, he's not at the controls at the moment," he pressed once again, trying to get her to catch up with the actual situation, "Bunny, it's Jack. Can you believe it? I can take control of this kid's body!"

Jack quieted down as he heard a shift from the camp fire. He hadn't spoken too loudly but given who was there, who knew if one of them was listening. This secret was not getting out yet.

"Honey, baby, sweetie pie. Don't you know it's the love of your life when you see him?" Jack paused a moment, a shake of his head following, "Well...hear in this case. Come ooooon, Bunny, talk to me."

If he had to resort to begging, he would. Jack wasn't sure just how much time he had here. He needed this moment, just as much as Naira did.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Naira was growing more acutely aware of the rambling Rhys was taking to, drawing her attention. That... wasn't quite right... Though she'd only seen and heard him in passing through the halls of Helios before today she already knew that he didn't take to ranting. No, that trait was more in line with Vaughn, who took to such things out of nervousness it seemed. This endless talking was quickly striking a familiar tug the more she heard Rhys speak.

Finally, the words were beginning to actually process after a moment of quiet passed. That pet name again... Brow furrowing, Naira finally sat up straighter, reaching up to pull the hood back enough to actually see. The voice was Rhys', that much was clear, and so was the face but that way of speaking and the way he now held himself... Naira would know those mannerisms anywhere.

"J-Jack?" she sputtered in a hush, as if afraid that speaking too loudly might prove this was all some kind of a dream. The face, the body, they weren't right but it was still Jack! She must have looked dumbfounded, glasses slipping down her nose as she stared in disbelief. "Y-You did what?"

She had to be dreaming, right? Rhys wasn't a full robot, he only had the cybernetic implants and arm! And yet this was so clearly Jack and it hurt knowing that his body was left in a Vault and he was now in Rhys' cybernetic database but to know that he was actually there and to not just take the words at facevalue--!! Naira wasn't sure what to do. Every part of her wanted to hug Jack tightly and not let go but this body wasn't his and that left her uncertain, rooted to the spot.

"Wha--How did you even...? I mean, Rhys isn't exactly chock full of cybernetics I don't think!" Naira continued on, just aware enough to keep her voice down. "He's not exactly like Wilhelm was, after all!"

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|   |Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp| - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Borderlands| Begin Anew |1-on-1 rp|
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next