AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

RE6 : "Failed to access save data"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Empty
PostSubject: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 am

I may very well be one of the only ones who's gotten this game so far on this particular site but I'm going to post here just in case.

I've gotten the disc-copy of the game on its release date. On Chris' Campaign in Chapter 3 I can only get part way through the chapter before an alarming message appears on my loading screen.

"Failed to access Resident Evil 6 save data, please quit the game and delete save data."

I've tried solving this issue in a matter of ways.

1.) Mistakenly hoping that merely restarting the chapter level again would net me new results I received the same error in the exact same place each time for a total of three times.

2.) Breaking down and kissing my beaten Leon Campaign data 'goodbye' I delete the install/save data and re-install the game. I play through Leon and Jake's Campaigns, hesitant to start Chris' again. Finally I play through Chris' campaign once more - in the exact spot as before I receive the same error message. I did this a total of once.

3.) Trying to outsmart the save data error (pffft! Like that's possible) I try joining in on someone else's game. I do this twice though only one counts to the error message. Once I jump in before the error spot - I netted the same error message. The second time, so long as I skip ahead just enough in the chapter to avoid that error spot I can finish the chapter though I feel cheated.

4.) Accessing the ps3trophies.org's established forum thread for this issue someone suggests that deleting the utility data and not the save data worked for him/her. I do this once and still end up receiving that damnable error message in the exact same spot in Chris' Campaign.

So, not only have I exhausted all attempts to fix this myself just outside of losing all of my Playstation 3 data on my hard drive (data I am unable to backup elsewhere for the time being in order to try a system reformatting) I have lost valuable playing time that could have been used advancing to the harder levels, securing better skills, titles and dog tags.

I am completely hesitant on playing anymore solely because I am to the point I don't even want to look at the game in fear of losing any other data I may accumulate through Leon and Jake's campaigns and replaying through those.

So the discussion comes into play when I ask; does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could possibly do? Or has anyone else here experienced this error or any other error with their copy of Resident Evil 6?

UPDATE Okay, now I'm not happy. I got it working and all it took - all it took - was a less than a minute quick reformatting of my PS3 hard drive. Luckily I had a hard drive and was able to save all of my important Game Save Data onto it as backup Except for games like Silent Hill Downpour which refused to copy over on my USB). The thing I'm not happy about? I've just lost all of my previously earned trophies.

Last edited by Ram's Desire on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner : RE6 : "Failed to access save data" 172

PostSubject: Re: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 am

Hmmm, that is a problem. If you have the recite exchange it for a new copy. If you have already did what it suggested and it not work. I am a little iffy on buying it now, between this and reviews I have read. But tru that and see, because erasing all that data would be a waste of play hours you worked so hard on.
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:59 am

ADreamingEmi wrote:
Hmmm, that is a problem. If you have the recite exchange it for a new copy. If you have already did what it suggested and it not work. I am a little iffy on buying it now, between this and reviews I have read. But tru that and see, because erasing all that data would be a waste of play hours you worked so hard on.
I've got it working now. From what I see it's not a common problem and reformatting my hard drive fixed it. I'm not happy about losing my previously earned trophies but at least I can play it again.

I would personally recommend it. I don't typically take reviews into account for games and the like because it all boils down to personal taste. Does the game have downfalls? Yes. But in the end from what I've played and seen it's one you should get if you love Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner : RE6 : "Failed to access save data" 172

PostSubject: Re: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 am

Ram's Desire wrote:
ADreamingEmi wrote:
I've got it working now. From what I see it's not a common problem and reformatting my hard drive fixed it. I'm not happy about losing my previously earned trophies but at least I can play it again.

I would personally recommend it. I don't typically take reviews into account for games and the like because it all boils down to personal taste. Does the game have downfalls? Yes. But in the end from what I've played and seen it's one you should get if you love Resident Evil.

I might get it tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any real bad bugs on the xbox version. Personally I want to play Jakes campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 pm

ADreamingEmi wrote:

I might get it tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any real bad bugs on the xbox version. Personally I want to play Jakes campaign.
I haven't heard of anyone with the XBOX having any bugs with their copies so you should be in the clear with that version.

Jake's campaign was fun, I first played it as Sherry so I gotta go back and play it again as Jake here in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6 : "Failed to access save data"   RE6 : "Failed to access save data" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RE6 : "Failed to access save data"
Page 1 of 1