AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 509

[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 am

Wheatley didn't hear anything for quite sometime as he rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. He had his hands clasped behind his back as he gazed around the hallway, trying his best to be patient.

This only last for a few minutes before he called out down the hallway, "Are you quite done yet? Hello? You didn't just run off on me now did you?" He paused. "Actually, never mind, this way is the only way out, really... Guess it was kind of stupid to ask, really...."

He drew quiet, feeling embarrassed at his lack of oversight before he spoke. He cleared his throat instead, waiting.

----[x]----

Genesis kept a tight grip on Rick, grasping his poncho in her hands for added security. In her mind she knew he wouldn't drop her, not intentionally at least and due to not being human there was even less of a chance that he would drop her anyways but it still was an age old reaction.

Still, it was fun getting a piggy back from Rick. With it dark in the hallways, many of the lights blown out almost entirely, there was no doubt that she would have only slowed them down anyways.

When he slowed Genesis found herself a little disappointed that it had ended so soon. She slid off of his back once he stopped long enough to do so, turning to examine the room. It was still dimly lit in here, just dark enough for even Rick's eyes to serve as some small amounts of luminescence.

She began poking around the large room, searching out for the elusive portal guns.

"Well then, suppose we should find the damn things," she muttered as she did so. In just a few moments she found one, buried under the rubble. Excitement raced through her as she tugged it out, placing her hand through the designated area and taking a hold of the trigger.

"Let's see if you still work, baby," Genesis grinned turning to aim at a nearby, smooth white wall.

She tugged at the trigger.

Nothing happened.

Genesis scowled, trying the trigger a few more times. It didn't even so much as flicker to life. In a fit of childish anger she tugged the thing off and threw it across the room where it bounced off the wall and clattered to the floor.

"Fucking battery! What the hell is even wrong with this place?! Ya got fuckin' cyborgs and robots running around but they didn't create goddamn infinite battery life?! Someone's priorities are a little fucked up here!" She paused, scowling a little as she recognized very clearly that in her fit she had begun to let Rick's southern accent slip into her own. In an attempt to assuage this fact she carried on almost conversationally "I yell as I throw a tantrum like a child...."

Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am

Lydia cleared her throat, confirming that she was still there. Rounding the corner, she smiled slightly, feeling better now that she had some form of normal clothing and she had been cleaned. She grinned at Wheatley, finding it rather hard not to.

"Thank you," She began. "You've been a really big help."

While she didn't know if this place was suitable for a dress, she had needed something. It had been the easiest thing to slip into. She hoped that it wouldn't cause too much trouble along the way.

She clasped her hands together, her mood already improving. "Now, there were some things you wanted to do?" She inquired carefully.

It had been obvious that he had wanted to get moving. She had hindered him slightly so she would make up for it by getting them moving again.

----[x]----

Rick had been a little surprised by her reaction. She was clearly angry with the portal gun not working. When he heard her speak, he couldn't help but laugh. His accent was sticking to her, even if it was just a little.

"Gen, you're a little cute!" He announced suddenly. "Don't you worry none! I don't mind you taking a part of my accent!"

He seemed rather proud of it actually, laughing a little as he poked around the room. There had to be more portal guns within it, hiding away, that still worked. He couldn't believe that not one of them had life still remaining. It would simply take some time.

Pulling one out himself, he attempted to pull the trigger. It did nothing. A couple more tries resulted in the same. He simply tossed the device over his shoulder and tried again. There had to be something there; he wasn't able to give up now.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am

Wheatley beamed at the gratitude, even if it was small. He'd take what he could get after being so used to getting pushed around by everyone in Aperture before it went under.

"I try to be, what I was programmed for - usually! ... I suppose," He paused, trying to find what he was going to say. It seemed to be lost. "Oh, well, no use dallying here, I suppose - we've wasted quite a bit of time if we want to get out."

He appraised her for a moment, taking in her choice of clothes before he turned and began leading the way, ready to get things started. He had to admit that she looked rather nice in the dress and all cleaned up.

"If we want to get out we'll have to find a gun of sorts - well, not really a gun! It doesn't fire bullets but... well, you'll see! I think I know where one is, at least if nothing ran off with it we should be good!"

He hoped Lydia would be able to keep up, unaware as of her limits and how long she'd be able to go without needing a rest. And what about other human necessities? How would they be able to handle those if they arose?

----[x]----

Genesis felt her face flush at Rick's reaction. She hoped he wasn't able to see well enough in the dim lighting to notice it, the last thing she needed was to boost his already sizable confidence into arrogance.

"It was an accident!" she grumbled, slowly, once again to monitor her accent.

As Rick began experimenting with the other portal guns lying around Genesis followed suit, growing increasingly disgruntled as each one seemed to be dead or dying in battery life. She had seated herself on the dirt floor, tossing the useless pieces of equipment behind her as she tested each one.

As she did this she pondered about Rick and her situation. She was getting hungry after all, was there anything to eat around here that wasn't just to sustain birds? And what of an exit? It'd be nice to be up topside once again....

Further more, what about Rick? What did he have planned for immediate and further goals? Would they coincide with hers? She scowled a moment as she thought back to the nickname he had adopted for her. Genesis wasn't sure how to feel about it. The last person to give her a nickname had gotten headbutted in the gut in middle school for calling her "Genny", a name she decidedly hadn't liked.

Genesis felt she might get a little more than just a headache if she tried that this time. Besides, she decide, at least Gen sounded better than Genny.

"Why is there only one fall boot over here?!" she suddenly shouted, holding up the object in question. She looked at it, then down at her feet. "Actually, I'mma keep this. If there's a... left? ... Left fall boot lying around toss over here!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Lydia wasn't sure how she felt at the mention of a 'gun' being at play. She wasn't sure how she felt about his explanation either. It didn't seem like it was meant to be a dangerous device, from what she was hearing but she still couldn't be sure of it.

She spoke little as they walked, unsure of what to say. More times than not, she eyed the wires protruding out of him. Those had to be a hassle to deal with. She wondered if he was just afraid to get himself off the rail.

Biting her lip, she tried to keep step with Wheatley. So many years of sleep, she shouldn't have been tired. But her muscles still complained a little.

"Wheatley," She began almost hesitantly. "Is this place 'safe', exactly? Before it was 'shut down'" she used air quotations here, to signify that this place had still been running despite the company going bankrupt. "I heard all kinds of things about it being a dangerous place for people and how many didn't, well, come out of here...normal? I supposed that would be the right word. They were hurt, mostly, or ill, among a number of different things."

It concerned her. He might not have been human but she was; she could easily be hurt or killed in some place like this. Whatever they had continued testing in this place; she feared it could be dangerous.

----[x]----

It had remained rather silent for the pair as they continued their search. Occasional, Genesis would shout something out, causing Rick to turn from his work to check up on her. She was wild and he liked that.

When she mentioned something about a fall boot, he couldn't help but laugh. The way the woman said it, her ecstatic personality and loud mouth made it all the more funny. Even when she quickly changed her mind about discarding the boot.

He began shifting through the contents left behind, looking for another fall boot for her. At least they could get one thing in handy if they didn't have a portal gun.

Pulling something out of a pile, he ignored what items fell down from the dislodged object in hand. He beamed at the left boot, turning to the woman.

"Hey, found ya one!" He called. "Catch!"

With that, he tossed the boot toward her in hopes that she would be able to react quick enough to catch it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:28 pm

As Lydia spoke up, slowly, Wheatley glanced over his shoulder, past all the wires connecting him and the rail. He slowed his steps for her, noticing how she was lagging behind and berating himself for not noticing sooner.

He could have lost her if Lydia trailed far behind him like that!

"Safe?" Wheatley echoed, blinking his brilliant blue eyes as he did so. He thought back to it, to the days when this place still had some trickle of funding coming in and he swallowed hard. "I wouldn't say it was exactly safe, no, no, no. More dangerous than anything! There was once a foreman down here just went mad and killed his entire staff! ... of robots. They say you can hear their screams... from the robot clones, all of them programmed to remember!"

Wheatley paused then, mulling over any further information. "I suppose we'd be safe from that anymore, though! I'd be more afraid of something falling apart... maybe we should find some fall boots while we're at it for you...."

----[x]----

"Hey, found ya one! Catch!"

"Oh, what?" Genesis answered, turning towards Rick only to catch sight of something flying at her in the dim lighting. She jumped, reaching out to catch it before it hit her only to fumble with the large item for a few seconds to the point where she even thumped to the ground. Never the less, she quickly held the fall boot up, as if it were a prize.

"It's okay! I caught it!" She sat back up, busying herself with replacing her boots with the new fall boots. She did this in an effort to avoid showing that she had been entirely caught off guard. "I am the best.... at catching things."

She peeked up, trying to be discreet about seeing Rick's reaction. She waited until he was done, curiosity bubbling in her as this happened. Finally she spoke up again.

"Hey, Rick," she began. "What's it like being a cyborg or whatever?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Lydia tried not to laugh but a smile on her lips rather gave away what she was thinking. The answer hadn't really helped her. In fact, it hadn't given her much of an answer at all. The answer had been more of why this place was dangerous to him; not her.

At the mention of 'fall boots', her attention turned back to him fully again. She blinked at him, watching his eyes for a moment. He himself seemed rather awkward at points. But his eyes were brilliant. If she looked too long, she wondered if she would even be able to pull herself away.

She cleared her throat, her gaze drifting back to her feet. "What are fall boots?" She inquired, suddenly feeling rather awkward. "I suppose I might be asking a lot of questions about this place. I apologize if I may overwhelm you..."

She didn't want to be a burden. He was the only one who knew anything about this place at the moment. She had no choice but to follow him.

----[x]----

Rick snickered at the woman. She was quite the funny one. At least she was fun, unlike the Fact Core who seemed like a wet blanket compared to most. So many lived the straight and narrow here; it was a good change of pace.

At the question, he titled his head to the side slightly. He wasn't sure how to answer it. He had only acquired this body a few hours ago. There was no telling it's limitations or what it could do.

"Not really sure how to answer that." He responded. He worked his right hand, watching it slightly. He wondered what it felt like for a human, to move their limbs. "It's not like we feel pain or anythin'. And our feelin's, I guess they're 'fake'. But it's a whole of a lot better than being stuck in a little core."

He shrugged his shoulders slightly, a grin coming back onto his lips. His hand fell back to his side. As he got back to looking for a portal gun, he continued.

"What's it like bein' human anyways? How's it so different from me?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am

Wheatley beamed at Lydia's persistent questions. They might have annoyed anyone else but with Wheatley it made him feel wanted, special even. Lydia's questions allowed him to impart his knowledge to her and feel even bigger than what he was.

"Not at all," Wheatley reassured, "No burden what-so-ever! Fall boots are a special kind of boot calibrated to always allow the wearer to land on their feet safely, no matter the distance of the fall! Quite ingenious really! Helped protect the test subjects for longer durations, I think."

He turned around corner, glancing around. His smile slipped a little. They were still so far away.... If this kept up he might have to suggest some short cuts....

----[x]----

Genesis pouted at the answer and at how Rick turned her question back over on her. She crawled over to him, still pouting and glaring at him, pushing her face close to hers.

"That's not a real answer," she snorted childishly. "And how do I know the difference? I was never a cyborg."

She stopped then, the pout becoming a little more thoughtful as she reflected on his answer a bit. Whether or not Genesis noted or cared about how close she was to the 'man' was anyone's guess.

"Fake?" She inclined her head to the side, observing Rick's face yet again. "Well, did ya feel happy earlier? Because you sure did look happy. If you feel it then how is it fake?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Lydia gave a brief nod in response. She wondered if she couldn't have picked something different in attire.. Just what had these people gone about doing anyways?

"At least they kept people safe," She commented lightly, looking about.

This place was in terrible condition. She found herself a little nervous as they walked the catwalks. Would the catwalks hold their weight? Did she have to worry about falling? These and many other questions ran through her mind.

"Where are we headed, Wheatley?" Another question left her.

Lydia would feel a little better becoming more informed with the entire thing around her. She didn't quite care to be left in the dark, especially given the length of time she had been 'asleep'.

----[x]----

Rick found himself grinning at the woman's words. She was entertaining in more ways than one. She question things. Most just went along with what they received. Hardly anyone every protested their situation.

Her logic made sense in some fashion, though, he had to wonder. What was real, what was fake? He had known this was how it was for a long time. This was what he was told. Perhaps there emotions were real.

Surely the amount of hate GLaDOS had for that one human might have come about due to real emotions.

That's what he figured, anyways.

"Well, I guess I did," He noted with a grin. "We'll have to figure out what other thing' I can feel. Ya up for that?"

Even if they were still searching out a portal gun, he figured they could experiment a little as well. Given there wasn't much to do with Aperture being all but out of order, why not? It would be fun, in his view.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:13 pm

"Well, that's a little bit of a matter of where we might find some fall boots, you see?" Wheatley began, easily leading them about. At some points he had to turn them back around as they hit a dead end and though he rambled about how he knew where he was going regardless Wheatley didn't seem to embarrassed about it.

"They might be scattered all around the place, really! Hopefully we'll get lucky, eh?"

He paused, inspecting the three way they came to. After a moment of astonishing quiet deliberation Wheatley was off again, barely even glancing at Lydia to see if she was following after.

"Just up ahead! Keep your fingers crossed, surely they'll be a boot that we can find inside up ahead!" The lights were dim around here, most blown out or were about to die as they walked past.

----[x]----

Genesis smirked a little at Rick's words. He seemed pretty easy-going, even when he was rebutted with a new way of thinking. Genesis found she rather liked that.

Pushing her face closer to his she eyed him, watching his reaction. Could he feel her breath over his face or not? Did he have that much stimuli reactors built in or had Aperture foregone that idea?

Her mouth a hairs breadth away from his she murmured "We'll see."

A beat of time passed before she pushed back, leaving Rick in favor of searching out that elusive portal gun, one that actually still had reserve battery power.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Lydia hummed in response. She wasn't sure of any of this. She wanted to be home, out of this broken down old 'fun house'. Why she was brought here, why it was her; she found she might never know.

As they wandered into darker places, Lydia found herself growing a little more hesitant. It was darker and there was no telling what was safe or not. The cat walk creaked under their weight. Would the old thing really hold?

She trotted closer to Wheatley, her gaze shifting about this way and that. When the cat walk swayed a bit, she yelped.

"Are you sure this is a good place to be?" She inquired quickly.

The last thing she wanted was the thing breaking under their weight. She already knew how high up they were. They'd fall to their deaths from this height.

----[x]----

Rick felt something stir in him that he didn't quite understand. The grin never left his face as she drew herself closer to him. Was he feeling something new or was it just simulated? He found he wasn't so sure.

Rick eventually pushed himself to his feet and began poking about again himself. There had to be a working portal gun in this mess. They wouldn't just get rid of these kinds of things.

After some time of looking, his hand tugged one free. He put his hand inside, pulling the trigger. The portal gun exploded into life, sending out wave that lighted the room. He grinned widely.

"Think I found one for ya, little miss!" He informed, waving the device in the air.

Rick tried to be careful with the device. There was no telling what would happen if he dropped it. Despite the technology, it was still a rather frail 'gun'.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

"Well... not exactly," Wheatley admitted, scratching at his cheek. The feelings that erupted from it were still rather new and he found himself fascinated by it.

"Not exactly up to 'code', if you know what I mean," he rambled on, gesturing up at the dimmed lights ahead.

Wheatley stopped for a moment, his head tilting to the side. Had he heard sounds ahead? He couldn't be sure. He listened for a moment, not hearing anything more. Shrugging he continued on, heading for the doorway at the end.

"Watch your step, rather you not get a rather nasty cut there! Never know what you might get down here, you know? All sorts of nasty things, I bet!"

His hand reached out, grasping the door knob. Swinging it open he blinked inside. The sight of two others greeted him. One, a woman, was very affectionately hugging a taller man. Wheatley froze as he caught the sight of the man's eyes glowing.

----[x]----

Genesis all but jumped at the odd yet familiar sound that resounded about the room. Blinking over at Rick she found him grinning proudly, holding up a portal gun which had placed a bright blue portal along the wall. With no exit portal it merely was a swirl of blues at the moment that lit up the shadows with its soft light.

After a moment Genesis was on her feet, all but jumping on Rick as she threw her arms around him. A large grin lit up her face at the fact that he had found a working portal gun in all of the rubbish.

"My day is not wasted!" she cheered, reaching for the portal gun and examining it for any notable damage.

Besides a bit of scuffing and dirt it seemed in good shape.

An awkward cough sounded out, causing Genesis to pause and glance towards the doorway. She spied a blue-eyed cyborg of sorts and a woman peering around him to see what was inside.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Lydia was rather unsettled by his words. She figured the place was in shambles but not to an extend that it was this dangerous to even be in. That fact made even more notable nervous.

When the door opened, she was a little surprised to find two others here. The man's eyes were glowing like Wheatley's. He was taller, more muscular than Wheatley had been. She had to wonder how many cyborgs were running about.

The woman was smaller however, skinny but she seemed to have quite a bit of energy.

Lydia felt herself move closer to Wheatley, standing behind him and shrinking away. What was she supposed to do or say? Wheatley had been leading her this entire time. She found herself a little lost at the company they had run into.

Rick found himself a little surprised at the praise her received. It seemed the woman had a lot of hopes riding on the portal gun. He hugged the woman back, careful enough to make sure he didn't hurt her. He had no doubts that she had been under for quite some time.

When someone cleared their throat, he lifted his gaze. His grip loosened a little as sought out the person who had spoken up. When he found the blue eyed cyborg, he grinned.

"Guess I ain't the only one who found a new body!" He stated a loud, rather cheerily.

There were many cores out and about. No doubt, others would start running about the labs as well.

"Which one are you?"

Rick took note that he was still attached to the rail. He shook his head slightly, letting Genesis go finally. "You don't need that thing!" He bellowed cheerfully.

He tugged Genesis along with him. No doubt this cyborg would have a little more free reign if he detached himself from the rail. Why he waited this long, Rick could only guess.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Wheatley glanced back at Lydia, a little uncertain about the green-eyed 'core.' Just which one was he? Wheatley hadn't really had the chance to run into or know the other cores. He had almost immediately been put right out into taking care of the humans after his creation.

"Er, Wheatley. And you are?"

As the other core-turned-cyborg began to come closer, what Wheatley could only take as a confident look to the other's expression his own eyes widened. He began to shake his head and attempted to back a way, holding his hands up as if to ward him off.

"Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no! They told me I'd die!"

Genesis blinked as Rick tugged her along. She kept a firm hold of the portal gun, a little wary of losing it after searching for one for who knew how long in this dusty old room.

She could swear that Rick enjoyed this Wheatley's panicked reaction as they advanced and Genesis tipped her head to the side, a little confused. Was Rick referring to the wires protruding from Wheatley's back and up into the ceiling's rails?

Ignoring Wheatley's vehement protests Rick had taken a hold of him. While the two struggled, Genesis moved around Wheatley, barely sparing the other woman a glance. Tentatively Genesis tugged Wheatley's shirt up, inspecting the wires in his back.

"Are these what you're talking about, Rick?"

"Noooo! No, no, no! Leave those be! C'mon! Be a pal, please?"

Curiously Genesis reached out, tugging one of the wires loose and eliciting a panicked scream from Wheatley. It was quiet for a moment after that and he had seemed to freeze in all movement, waiting for something to happen.

"I'm not dead yet? ... Well, why the bloody hell would they tell me that'd kill me if it's not actually going to do it! What's wrong with those people?!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Lydia felt a little taken aback by it all. She seemed all but ignored by the two who they had stumbled upon. She didn't seemed to mind it. Still, she was wary for Wheatley.

After they had pulled the wires from his back, she moved to his side. She laid a hand on his back, rubbing it as if that might calm him down a little. She shot a look at the two.

"That was uncalled for," She scolded. Her tone had a little bite to it, more of an annoyance that the only person she knew here was being abused.

Rick chuckled a little at the other woman. She seemed to be taking care of Wheatley more than he was to her. Rick had to wonder just where he found this woman.

He tossed the other wire to the floor. It laid there, no longer of use to them.

"I'm the Adventure Core," He introduced, jerking his thumb in his direction. "Call me Rick."

He nodded toward Genesis beside him. "This little lady is Genesis." he introduced before she had a chance to.

Rick waited for a response from the woman beside Wheatley. She didn't appear happy, more worried than anything and drained. He had to wonder what got her to that state.

The woman averted her gaze, making no pleased note of their presence. "Lydia..." was her simple introduction.

From as far as Rick could tell, it seemed everyone here was getting off on a bit of the wrong foot.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Wheatley sniffed, all but pouting up at his fellow cyborg and this 'Genesis' woman. That had been a rather frightening experience for him in a whole. Thinking he would die in the process, it didn't leave him feeling much better.

He lightly patted Lydia's arm, in an attempt to reassure her that he was quite alright regardless. Wheatley was a little miffed to find that the other former core was rather taller than he was.

"Well," he answered, a pause following before he would plow on. "It looks like there's more life running amok than I had planned!"

He turned to Lydia, sparing her a worried grin. "It looks like things might be a little more troublesome than expected...."

Genesis snickered a little at the dejected look they were getting from Lydia. She didn't really seem to appreciate their antics in any way at all.

"You don't have any fall boots?" Genesis inquired, glancing at her feet. "Might wanna shift through the pile for a pair."

With the large and bulky portal gun Genesis gestured to the debris and rubbish that she and Rick had already went through moments before. She wondered if there would be anything more of use for Lydia in it as well.

Holding up the portal gun she mentioned "Also migh' wanna find one 'a these. Purty useful and god damnit, Rick, I hate ya and yer accent!"

Despite common sense she swatted at his arm and did her best to ignore the stinging in her knuckles afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Lydia hummed in response. She didn't care for this right now. Were neither of these people worried, especially that of Genesis who was human like herself? Did she have a family? Did she care?

Lydia felt drained. She barely even paid much mind to her words. She just wanted to find a way out, if at all possible. Return to her home and go about her life.

"We were looking for those," She muttered her reply. She seemed to shift closer to Wheatley as if she didn't care to be seen. "When we found you."

Truthfully, she didn't quite understand why she needed the other equipment. She understood the use of the fall boots at this point but what of the gun? What of any of this?

Lydia found herself feeling rather small in this given situation.

Rick barely flinched as Genesis hit his arm. It hurt her more than it did him. The entire ordeal sent him into a fit of laughter. Even with his accent rubbing off on her.

"Well now, guess I've done somethin' good!" He commented cheerfully, slapping the woman's back lightly.

Rick couldn't understand the rather dejected looking Lydia. She looked worn out even depressed or wary. He saw no fun in that. Part of him wanted to help the girl buck up. There was no telling how she would react however. It seemed she felt comfortable sticking to Wheatley's side.

"It's been a heck of a find," He pointed at the portal gun in Genesis' hand. "Don' know how much times passed since we started looking for the thing!"

The entire room seemed like nothing but junk after all. There was no telling how long it would take to find the equipment they would require.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 am

Wheatley walked around inside the room, glancing about. He was a little hesitant, unused to being unattached to the rails in a whole. Finally a large grin spread out over his face.

"Look at this! Haha! No rails to tell us where to go, Lydia! Now I can help you instead of just waiting about outside as you waste about in here!"

So excited Wheatley was about this revelation he paid no mind to Rick or Genesis for the time being. No, he was too busy glancing about, seeking out a pair of fall boots for the young woman.

It was only a moment later when he triumphantly held up a left fall boot, presenting it to Lydia. Wheatley would make sort work of trying to find its partner for her.

Genesis rose a brow at Wheatley. He seemed super excited at being able to move about freely. She shook her head at this, turning instead to pout at Rick as he slapped her back.

"You just think it's good because it boosts your ego, doesn't it?"

She turned to the other woman as she tugged on the fall boot, looking rather awkward around the pair. No doubt she was unsure of what to make of them for the moment.

Genesis held the portal gun up, unsure of just what Lydia was aware of in the decrepit labs of Aperture.

"You're gonna want the portal gun to get through old test areas. A lot of them are impossible to get through without it."

"Ah, yes! Meant to tell you about that soon! It was next ton the list, really," Wheatley called out.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Lydia spared a smile at Wheatley. He seemed happier now that he wasn't limited by the rails. She felt her spirits lift a little. Still, most of her was rather uncertain of all of this.

Lydia was careful to take the 'fall boot' from his grasp, waiting on it's partner to be found. Her gaze fell onto Genesis when she spoke up again.

"Why do we have to go through...testing areas?" She inquired hesitantly. "Why not just find a way around them?"

Lydia figured there had to be a way. Even if the place was in shambles, being so limited to the testing areas couldn't have been the only way. She knew nothing of this place however. Perhaps they were rather limited.

Lydia could only assume.

Rick crossed his arms over his chest. He grinned down at Genesis, hardly bothered as she tried to pick at him back. He noted that he didn't want to go about picking at her too much. Rick didn't want to hurt her.

"Only because you think so," He shot back with a laugh.

Genesis was too entertaining at times. The pout that adorned her face, he found he rather liked it. Part of him wondered if this overwhelming happiness was real or not.

At Lydia's question, he gave a slight shrug. "Have to work your away through before you can get around." He answered simply.

Rick found himself chuckling at the rather confused expression shot his way. No doubt, his words had rather confused Lydia.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Among all the discorded and broken portal guns Wheatley was able to easily pick out the other fall boot. He suspected that finding a working portal gun would be rather hard, however.

"And here we are, that's that!" Wheatley smiled, presenting the partner boot to Lydia.

"I'm sorry to say they have a point, really they do. All sorts of nasty surprises waiting around and we might have to go through a test area or two to go through the safest route, actually. Turrets and other little buggers could be waiting about!"

He turned to the other 'core' and Genesis, gesturing to the pile of portal guns.

"And just what can I expect of these? Broken, can I assume?"

At Lydia's expression, one that was still in disbelief of their words and her partner's, Genesis chuckled.

"You'll see when you get to it."

Her attention was turned to Wheatley as he questioned the portal guns scattered about the floor. She gestured to a pile of tested ones that she had accumulated before Rick had found a working one.

"Those over there are for sure garbage. I don't know about the ones Rick was digging through." Genesis tossed Rick a curious glance, silently asking where he had chucked his at. It would really help narrow down Wheatley's search no doubt.

"So," she spoke turning back to the only other human in the room. Her hand was on her hip, the other still grasping the portal gun and eager to use it. "I take your plan is to skip along your merry home then?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Lydia shifted at their words. She took the other fall boot, cradling both as if she was afraid she might break them. She knew better at this point. Wheatley had made mention that they'd survive tremendous falls.

"I see..." She responded quietly.

The fact that there were things that were looking to harm her; that unnerved her a great deal. She had to wonder who had thought any of this was a good idea.

As Rick began poking about the equipment again, Lydia lifted her gaze. She shifted nervously at Genesis question.

"I'd like to..." She responded hesitantly, her gaze falling to the floor. "If they're even still there..."

Lydia had her doubts. She didn't know how long she was 'under' or if her family was even in the same place as before. The thought worried Lydia. If they weren't there, she had no idea what to do.

As Genesis gaze fell onto him, he grinned. "I'm sure we can find another one somewhere in this pile," He commented as he moved toward the mess again.

Rick kicked a few items out of the way, things that he'd rather not crush if he didn't have to. With the whole place in shambles, it was best to be careful.

He took to carefully pulling some of the mess out of the way. It would take some time to find another working portal gun. With so many powered down, they were starting to get out of luck.

"Any other place we can look?" He asked, directing the question to Wheatley. "Lookin' to be like this place is dry of any workin' portal guns."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 am

"Well, here's hoping for you," Genesis answered. "My little computer man in the room I woke up in was telling me I was asleep for an indeterminate amount of time."

She paused. "Kept repeating 'nine' though. Can't tell how many it was supposed to be."

Genesis watched as Rick took to poking around in the pile of ruined devices. She leaned over, watching him, hand on her knee. Despite herself she found it rather fascinating to watch him when she could.

"Eh?" Wheatley blinked up at Rick. "I'm not exactly sure where one might be from here. We'd have to do some wandering about, actually. There might be a place nearby...."

A pause followed as Wheatley's brilliant blue eyes drifted upwards. A finger came up to tape at his chin in thought.

"If you're up for a bit more walking I think we'll be able to find you one, Lydia."

He watched her for her reaction. Unlike Rick and Genesis who seemed to perk up at the thought of wandering about the area Lydia was hesitant, more gun shy about what was happening around them.

Wheatley couldn't say that he blamed her. If he had been in her position as a human he couldn't quite say that he'd be very confident.

Smiling largely, Genesis reached out to take Rick's poncho in hand, tugging at it to gather his attention.

"Hey, if they've gotta wander why don't we tag along? They might need a portal gun until Lydia can get a hold of one."

Part of her was hoping to get another piggy back ride from Rick. With his inhuman abilities he made the venture down normally boring hallways more fun.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

Lydia would have preferred it if things were moving faster. Given the way this place was, that didn't seem to be the case. They had to take it one step at a time.

She shifted nervously, glancing at Wheatley after he had spoken. He seemed considerate of her feelings in the least, studying her just as much as she had been him not so long ago.

Lydia finally shook her head in response. "I don't mind..." She piped out.

In truth, she did. The fact that she had to use a device such as 'fall boots'. Knowing that she would be doing any kind of falling from great heights made her stomach turn already.

She had never been particularly brave, after all.

Rick rubbed the back of his neck at Wheatley's words, unsure of them. There had to be something somewhere. From where he stood, it seemed the blue eyed cyborg was already going about thinking where one might be.

"Well, I don't see why not!" He shouted with a grin. "They might need a couple like us to help'em out!"

Rick figured this to be a true statement. While Wheatley seemed capable at some points with knowledge, he was rather skittish and fearful. Lydia seemed to be a worse case. He could only imagine what might happen if the two were left alone.

"Of course, that's if ya'll will have us!" He noted rather quickly, hoping for a positive response.

Rick would have followed anyways; he knew Genesis might as well, even if both of them disagreed. Chances of actually finding life in the labs again were slim to none.

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:17 am

"Well," Wheatley paused, sparing a glance at Lydia. He hadn't been blind to the way she hadn't taken to them, especially after so callously detaching him from the rails without his consent.

"I don't... suppose we'd mind too much, if you don't go bumbling about and get us into trouble. I'd rather not have to clean up any messes that I don't have to, see? Troublesome enough as is!"

Wheatley wasn't sure if he was dismayed or not about the way Rick and Genesis didn't seem too affected by his warning. Were they listening to him or brushing his warning off?

The former idea filled Wheatley with some simulated feeling of dread and frustration.

"Sounds like a plan to me~," Genesis answered, briefly inclining her head to one side in place of a nod. "Since Wheatley seems to be the local tour guide here, why don't you start leading the way?"

She gestured to the only door that they all had emerged from. As Wheatley turned to fuss at Lydia, rambling on about how she should put on the fall boots now or else something might happen later that she'd regret Genesis turned to Rick. Her hand had found its place at her hip again as she did this.

"So," she spoke lowly, keeping it as such so that the other two could not easily make out her words. Her head tipped to the side of its own accord. "What do you make of this sitiation?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Lydia made quick work of pulling on the fall boots. She cringed a little, disliking the feeling of her heels. The boots lifted her slightly and she hated these kinds of shoes. She avoided them like the plague. Now, she had to wear them to ensure her life.

Lydia grunted a little, her gaze falling on Wheatley again. Her patience wearing thin with all of this. What was worse, she had no idea what to expect as they went. Fear gripped her heart, her blood seeming cold and course with the thoughts. What was there to expect?

"I'm still a little unsure about all of this..." She muttered in response.

Rick watched Wheatley ramble at Lydia, the woman seeming to frantically put the fall boots on. He shook his head a little. Both seemed so skittish, a lot of alike if he took note of it. Wheatley seemed a tad more confident with the situation.

"Welp, depends on what you want to know!" Rick responded with a large grin. "Ya already know the labs are fallen apart. Some of its still running on its own but it's a dangerous place!"

Rick patted his chest as is it were nothing. "Course, I doubt it'll be a problem for us." He shot a glance at Wheatley and Lydia. "These two though? I ain't too sure."

Rick grinned widely as Wheatley shot him a look. He snickered a little. Neither seemed to keen on his personality much less Genesis' beside him. He had to wonder if the two would lighten up a little as they went.

"Think we might want to poke around for first aid though," he noted. "For your little ladies. Can't let ya'll get hurt now, can we?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 am

"Don't worry about a thing," Wheatley reassured, smiling brilliantly at Lydia. He really didn't want her to be so concerned and worried. That was why they were making all these preparations for her.

"We'll get you out, right as can be!"

His smile became a little thinner, aware of the impatience on her face. She wasn't doing much to hide it though he couldn't say he really blamed her. But really how was he supposed to explain everything as she wanted him to?

Wheatley swallowed, despite not really having much to swallow in the first place. It was merely something to do, something to better convey himself with.

His attention was pulled back to Rick and Genesis.

Genesis smirked up at Rick at his words, allowing him to speak without interruption. Really, his concern was a little endearing.

She reached up, pinching his cheek and tugging it this way and that lightly.

"Awww, the concern's appreciated but really you should worry about yerself. We might be able to be patched up but I don't know how I'd patch you up!"

Genesis chuckled, releasing Rick and placing her hand back at her hip. She wasn't too worried about her own well-being. The danger and adrenaline were what made things more interesting, after all.

"I think we'll be fine come what may."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]   [|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[|Portal|] Aperture Adventures [|Open RP|]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next