AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Empty
PostSubject: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:20 pm

A grunt escaped her as she pushed herself up, a hand coming to her temple.  That had to be one heck of a dream. Pulled through some weird magic distortion by a monster and meeting with painted animals—that sort of dream would explain why her head ached like it did now. However this didn’t keep her attention for long.

Glancing down at what she was lying on, expecting hardwood floor, she was met with grass and dirt. Her heart leapt into her throat as she blinked wildly around to see occasional trees and wide open sky. There were no buildings in the immediate area much less people. Where was she? Eiko had never been one for sleepwalking and even if she had been this place was not familiar to her in the slightest.

Brow furrowed, heart hammering loudly in her ears, Eiko didn’t know what to think. If she’d been kidnapped she wouldn’t have been left out in the open, fully clothed except for her shoes and uninjured.

Bewildered and without any sort of inkling as to where she was and how she’d gotten here, Eiko heaved a sigh and ran a hand through her hair. She froze, brow furrowing further. What was furry and why could she feel her own touch upon it? That sensation was not from fingers alone!

Reaching up with her other hand she was shocked to feel another, the shape of an animal’s ear…

“Ears!? W-Wha…?” And yet there they were, replacing her rounded ears. What had happened? The hard ground beneath her and the fur at her fingers too real to be a dream.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Issun had been doing what he did best, spreading the word of Amaterasu, ensuring that there was still faith in the gods. He took the task rather seriously nowadays. The job that he used to believe was simply thrust upon him was now a great pride.

It wasn't often he stopped. Honestly, Issun was far too busy for such things. When he did, it was merely for a break or to admire a pretty lady. Then he was off once again, spreading faith all over Nippon.

This time, however, he was completely stopped for another reason. Nearby, a bright light had enveloped the area. Issun had halted, watching the light fade away. He hadn't seen anything so grand since the gods had left Nippon.

"Looks like it's time I check something new out!" he had exclaimed lightly, bouncing as quickly as he could toward the area.

It took him far longer than he would have liked to admit to find the area. A breeze blew by, comforting. He took it as a sign to continue onward. What Issun got to see however, wasn't what he expected.

A woman pushed herself up from the ground, clothed in strange attire. He tipped his head curiously, approaching her. Bouncing lightly, he was quiet as he studied this woman. Fox ears and fuzzy tail...He didn't quite like that.

"Hey babe! Hey!" he called out to the woman, "Down here! Come on, don't tell me you're slow. Talk to me here! Who are you?"

Mind as well get a start on this. If he didn't find out who she was, something told him something bad would happen. Leap before you look, he figured.

---- [ x ] ----

Serena sucked in a deep breath. Her head pounded. The air was hot, too hot. Had she gotten tangled in her blankets again? Summer days were too much to deal with sometimes....

That's when she realized that there were no blankets atop her. Below her she lay on something soft but it wasn't a mattress. What she had dreamed was strange. Spirits enveloping her, calling to her. That all had to just be a dream...right?

A loud 'crack' woke her immediately. Sunlight nearly blinded her as she sat up. Serena covered her eyes, trying to let them adjust. Her hand gripped on something soft but hot, burning hot. Taking a handful of the substance, she realized it was fine sand.

"What?" she asked out loud as if anyone could answer her.

Bewildered, she glanced around the area. This was not home. It was far from it. Sand and desert as far as the eye could see. The sun bore down on her. That in and of itself was enough to make her heart race uncontrollably.

Another loud crack resounded out. Gunfire? Who was firing a gun? Serena didn't get the chance to think about it. More gunfire rang out. She scrambled to her feet, trying not to fall over under the unfamiliar ground beneath her.

Serena scrambled backward, her back hitting stone wall. A shaded building stood above her. Maybe this would be a good place to hide? She didn't know. Her mind raced, panic quickly gripping her. She was at a loss, unsure of how she got here and far too afraid to call for help.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:01 am

A voice startled her, hands falling from the discovery of her new ears as she glanced around. She hadn’t misheard, she was sure of it. As if of their own accord, she felt those fuzzy ears swivel, seeking out the sound once again. But there wasn’t anyone here… was there?

The voice sounded again, her ears pricked forward in answer even as her gaze dipped down to see the little glowing ball it seemed to originate from. Curious, she merely blinked down at it—him?—for a long moment. She hardly seemed to bother with the tail curled around her now either. One thing at a time, after all.

“I could ask you that too, y’know? What are you, a talking angry ball?” she scoffed. Her head only throbbed worse, confusion and frustration building up in her. Eiko resisted a shake of her head, if only due to the headache. “My name’s Eiko.”

Unease settled in her. She’d never met a talking… what was he even? Bugs weren’t so intelligent they could talk much less bounced in place like that. All the same he might very well be her only clue as to where she’d ended up and what was going on. Who better to ask such things than something that was weird himself, right?

Eiko just wished this didn’t turn out for the worse. She was dressed only in shorts and a simple shirt, she had no way of providing for herself either…

----[x]----

The hot sun bore down on everything that day, as it always did. This mattered little to Mohammed as he peeked around the corner. Where were they? There was simply too much debris to hide around. Even the buildings in this area looked well worn beyond their use. All the same there were those that still called this place home and Mohammed couldn’t risk shooting one of them on accident.

’I don’t have time for this!’ he growled to himself. He had to get back and figure out what was going on elsewhere.

Movement nearby, from the corner of his eye! His head snapped around, eyes narrowed at the corner of the building something had ducked around behind. That movement was too frantic, the body too large for just any animal. He had to move!

Mohammed twisted around, down the alleyway and behind another building. If he was lucky he hadn’t been seen yet, that the other person had only been startled by the far off gunshot. If it was an enemy even Mohammed might be able to get the jump on him… With that in mind he kept moving, keeping behind cover as he oubled around to catch this person from the other side.

“Hold it right there!” he demanded as he swung around the corner, his own weapon trained and ready to fire on the person. Mohammed halted, taken aback at the frightened woman that met his gaze. This was no regular civilian…
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:31 am

Whoever she was, it was taking her too long to actually look at him. He tried to remain patient but it wasn't often something he could do. After all, he was a busy Poncle. He had work to do!

Finally, those fox ears pricked forward and her gaze followed. Confusion masked her expression immediately. What was that look for? The question was there and gone when she called him a bug.

Immediately, his annoyance flared up. Just who did she think he was talking to?! He wouldn't have any disrespect from this strange woman!

"Now you listen here!" he shouted in annoyance, "I am the Great Issun and Celestial Emissary of the Great Mother Amaterasu! My name is not 'bug', you go it?!"

The confusion only seemed to deepen. What was with this woman? She was so strange herself, surely a little Poncle wasn't something of an odd sight. Then again, she did compare him to a bug...

Eiko wasn't such an odd name. Everything else about her though...Well that certainly was strange. Issun's temper cooled a little as he considered this.

"Eiko then," he replied after a moment, "So tell me what happened. It looked like you just appeared out of no where! And what's with the fox ears!? Just what are you?"

---- [ x ] ----

All of the noises were deafening. Serena's mind was already whirling. She could feel herself shaking. All she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and pray she wake up from the nightmare. That seemed far too easy, however

She couldn't focus. If anyone had rushed by, she doubted she would have noticed. Serena just didn't want to get shot at this rate. Serena's luck wasn't often so good.

A voice rang out, making her jump. Her heart leapt into her throat. Wide eyes fell onto a young man, dark skinned and pointing a gun at her. Serena swallowed hard, words escaping her.

He didn't shoot. In fact, he seemed to pause, regarding her for a moment. Whatever was going through his mind, she was just thankful that he didn't simply shoot her down. Whatever luck she had left, she thanked.

Serena raised her hands slowly, dipping her head. Her throat felt tight. She prayed that somehow, this man might take some amount of pity on how completely meek so looked.

"Please," she finally managed to utter, her voice trembling, "Please...don't shoot. I...I don't know how I got here...I don't know what to do..."

He obviously knew some amount of English to shout his warning, despite his thick accent. Serena prayed that he knew enough to understand what she had said.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:52 am

Being scolded by an angry glowing ball… Not exactly an occurrence Eiko had thought she’d deal with in her life. Then again she hadn’t ever thought she’d wake up in the middle of nowhere with a tail and strange ears either. Perhaps it was a day of ‘firsts’ though whether that would wear on her sanity or not would be seen in the coming hours and days.

At least now she had a name to place to the green glow—or at least he had originally been green. He’d turned a startling shade of fuchsia as he’d shouted. But besides that why was he going on about being an envoy and Amaterasu? Amaterasu was just a legend. She didn’t get a change to voice any of those thoughts however before he voiced his own further.

“I can’t say I know,” she answered honestly, if not a little awkwardly. Admitting it to someone else wasn’t exactly high up on her to-do list today. “I just woke up here…”

She turned more fully towards Issun then, folding her arms over her chest as she peered down at him. It was still curious to see someone so small! Was he even human or something else entirely? What other surprises awaited her here? Surely someone knew she was missing…

“Before I woke up I’d say I was human but now I don’t know that either. Then again with someone as small as you I’d say I’m not the weirdest thing out here.”

----[x]----

She held no weapon, her feet bare even. Why was she so ill dressed for life out here? Even her skin was too pale, someone who might have remained indoors more so than they did outdoors. But who was she and why was she here? No one came around this part of the world dressed as she was.

He lowered the muzzle of his gun from her. Even the way she was dressed, there was no way she had a weapon hidden away that she could reach for without needing to be closer to strike him. Mohammed would trust his instincts on this. He shook his head.

“Your name, what is it?” he interrogated, ignoring the gunshot in the distance that reached his ears. They were far from the firefight it would seem and unless the shots drew closer he could risk investigating this young woman. “What is it you aim to achieve here?”

How did she not know how she’d gotten here anyways? There was no way this just happened without reason. Mohammed had a mystery on his hand and he was determined to figure it out. For now, however, he had to pay attention to not just her but to their surroundings as well.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 1:14 am

Eiko was quiet for a long moment before she answered him. Maybe his outburst had surprised her. That didn't quite bother him right now. What bothered him was who she was, how she got here, and most of all, what was with the fox ears and tail?

Issun didn't feel he could trust that. It reminded him of that old, tired fox that Ammy had defeated on their adventure. The fox that killed Himiko...That still burned deeply in him...

Words drew his attention from the past. So she had no idea how she got here? Stranger things had happened, if Issun was honest. He'd seen a lot of stuff in his time already, traveling with a god and all.

"Well, I can tell ya there was a bright light that enveloped this whole area," he pointed out after a moment, "And then I found you here. Maybe that's connected?"

It was a mere suggestion. Issun had seen enough. Something like this wouldn't surprise him. Just why it happened, he could only assume.

He tipped his head at that. So she was human? That couldn't be possible. Clearly she was some kind of half breed or something. Issun tried not to think of her as something else but...could it be possible?

"Okay, so...where are you from then?" he inquired further, "Come on, babe, you've gotta remember something!"

---- [ x ] ----

Serena waited with baited breath for a long few moments. Finally, he lowered his weapon but kept his distance. Eyes studied her carefully. Compared to him and what he wore, she must have looked like a sight...

Finally, she lowered her hands slowly, shifting her weight a little. She felt dizzy, dizzy with thoughts and heat and uncertainty. Now she was being questioned, nothing too complicated just yet...

"Serena," she gave her name willingly, despite the tightness in her throat.

The matter of the next question was something she couldn't answer. She had no aim here. She wasn't even sure what happened or how she got here! Just looking at her, wasn't that obvious?

"I don't have any 'aim'," she quickly replied, "I don't even know where I am."

This couldn't be easy, could it? Given the situation, she supposed she could understand. Still...Serena was completely on edge and panicking. The sounds and situation weren't helping.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 1:48 am

A bright light? She didn’t recall any of that. There had been that dream where she had been dragged into some misty darkness, the purple fog the only thing with color. But what had been tugging her along? She hadn’t been able to make out the shape in that darkness… Eiko couldn’t even be sure the dream was a clue.

“I guess they could be,” she relented, trying to recall the rest of that dream. Hadn’t there been strangely painted animals involved as well? Eiko couldn’t recall all those finer details, fear and worry swirling in her during the dream… Had it been a dream though?

She was drawn from those thoughts as Issun interrogated her further. Perhaps he was just as confused as her if not more. Of course he’d be curious where she was from, wouldn’t anyone be given the circumstances?

“I’m from the States,” Eiko answered. “I don’t think I’m there anymore given there aren’t any glowing, talking balls there though.”

If there had been surely she would have heard about it. Scientists would have a field day with someone like Issun. Was he a tiny person or something else? The distance between them made it impossible to tell other than he was as big as a beetle and could glow. Her curiosity burned though asking Issun about himself and what he was was low priority compared to everything else happening to her at the moment.

----[x]----

Serena, a foreign name for an obvious foreigner. Her accent was thick to her ears and Mohammed wondered if she could even speak the languages oft heard around here. Probably not, he reasoned. It was a good thing for her that he could understand and speak English then. If anyone else might have found her she could be in deep trouble—more so than she was now.

He shook his head however. Her confusion couldn’t possibly be entirely true yet here she was looking entirely lost. Just what was happening?

“No one just happens upon Middle Eastern territories without knowing it,” Mohammed pointed out, almost accusingly. This was all a little much even for him. “Where have you even come from that you would stumble about in the desert as you are?”

Surely even those from areas without deserts would know better! Wandering out in the sun for long enough would provide heatstroke and worse. If she had’t happened upon this broken little area she might be even worse off as it was. Already she looked red in the face and the arms and her feet upon sunbaked sand couldn’t be fairing much better. Truly she would not last long out here without some aid.

But what should he do? His curiosity burned as hot as the day around them but having Serena tag along with him without knowing her and her intentions was dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 am

The information he parted with didn't seem to help her at all. So she really had no idea how she got here? A thoughtful look crossed her face and for the longest time, she was quiet. What was the silence for?

Eventually she did answer, though it was far too simple for his tastes. What could it have been that made her hesitate so much? Issun wanted to know.

"Okay well...why not tell me what you remember, babe?" he suggested after a moment.

Maybe this way, he could get more answers. If she was human, what was the sudden change with the fox ears and what not? Things like that just didn't happen! It was unsettling as it was. Issun still couldn't trust the fox thing.

Where she was from was a mystery to him. He'd never heard 'The States', and he had heard of a lot of strange places! All of this was becoming more confusing.

"The States? You sure you didn't hit your head somewhere along the way? I've never even heard of something like that!" he accused easily, "Come on, ya gotta be lyin' to me somewhere."

Issun was convinced of this. Just hearing her story was strange. Yet here she was with no answers and nothing but confusion on her face. What the heck had happened here?

---- [ x ] ----

Nothing seemed to be looking up for her. Serena's mind whirled. So dizzy, she had to lean against the nearby wall despite the heat radiated off of it. She felt sick, as stressed as she was now. What had happened? Was she drugged, knocked out? Something like that would have made sense.

When he spoke of the Middle East, every part of her seemed to grow cold. At least now she understood why there was gun fire. Still, she realized all too suddenly that she could be killed here.

Where was she from? Certainly not from around here. "Ohio," she finally answered. The look of confusion that crossed his face left her to go on, "The States."

Serena pressed her knuckles to her lips, glancing out at the desert sands. She didn't know what had happened. Having no answers didn't help her situation. Serena couldn't give him anything other than what she had told him.

She let her hand fall back to her side, finally motioning to herself before she continued, "Look at me. If I was fit to be wandering the Middle East, do you really think I'd be walking around like this?"

Even if she caught her voice trembling, she stared on defiantly. If she had to get the point across, she would.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Eiko felt the fur along her new appendage stand on end in irritation at Issun’s accusation. The feeling was a strange one, like the prickling of goosebumps along her arm yet it wasn’t enough to distract her entirely. Lying? Why would she by lying about this? She was lost and being dishonest with someone wasn’t gonna help matters.

“I don’t have a reason to lie!” she huffed, glaring at the glowing green ball—person? Eventually she huffed again, shaking her head. What did she remember before waking up here? Thinking about that helped to ease her momentary frustration at being called a liar at least.

Eyes closed she tried her hardest to recall what had happened before that weird dream. But what had she been doing? Nothing unusual that she could recall. So, when did she fall asleep to wake up in this place?

“The only thing I can remember is this weird dream with these painted animals keeping me from… something,” she muttered, trailing off.

Her brow furrowed further. That dark shape, it had been cold and latched onto her firmly until those strange animals had shown up… Now that Eiko stopped to think about it, that hold had felt tight, restricting even… Without preamble, Eiko tugged her shirt up enough to spy several dark bruises and scratches along her midsection. How had she not noticed them? No, of course she wouldn’t have with her mind on other things!

’Was it really a dream then…?’

----[x]----

She’d leaned against the hot building, looking worse for wear. Was she dehydrated or in the midst of heatstroke already? Mohammed would not be surprised given how ill dressed she was. Nonetheless she was able to answer.

Ohio? That was quite a distance… How did she get here then with no proper clothing or even water reserves? Heck, no one just wandered into these parts with the fighting going on. Something was wrong here.

Mohammed scoffed, shaking his head at her. Sounding tougher than she looked and probably felt wasn’t going to be doing her any favors here if she ran into the wrong people. She was lucky it had been him. Luckier still that he had not shot first as he should have…

“I hardly pretend to know the reasonings for why strangers do as they do,” he argued simply. “Whatever brought you here is curious however I can’t assume you’re no harm either.”

Even if he were to aid her there was no telling what side she’d sympathize with. His efforts might very well bite him later and not just him but his comrades too. He couldn’t risk letting those weaker than he get hurt because of a mistake he’d made.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 6:40 pm

That had gotten a rise out of her. It seemed like she was being genuine about it all. Heck, maybe she was. Issun couldn't say he trusted a fox but her reactions screamed honest.

"I haven't had any good interactions with foxes," he pointed out easily.

If anything, he was being honest here as well. Issun didn't quite trust her. Not just yet that was. There was just something far too off here. He needed to know what it was.

He waited patiently as she took a long moment to think about what had happened. What she had to say made him stop cold. Painted animals? Now that sounded all too familiar.

"What kind of animals were they?" he inquired further. Maybe he was onto something now!

Eiko had lifted her shirt, revealing dark bruises and scratches on her torso. Something had dragged her here, literally. Now Issun felt a little better.

"You really look like you got into a scuffle," he pointed out, bouncing closer to her, "How can you not remember this?"

---- [ x ] ----

What was she supposed to do? What was more, how was she supposed to get back home? Things couldn't have been any worse than this, right? Even if it wasn't a dream, she could get back home. Was that still possible?

She blinked up at him, though without her initial annoyance as before. Serena found she was exhausted. Was that a bad thing? Out here, everything seemed to be effecting her in a negative way.

"I'm a librarian," she told him after a moment, "The worst I could do to you is toss a thesaurus at your head."

Her words had been very dry and sarcastic. Serena was just too tired to deal with it anymore. He was suspicious, naturally he would be, but she couldn't deal with it. She needed help.

"Can you help me?" she finally asked after a long moment.

It was the only thing she could do. It was either that or wander into some territory that could easily get her killed. That was, if the heat didn't do it first. Serena's mind felt hazy as it was. She needed out of this heat.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Eiko harrumphed, eyeing Issun warily. “That’s no reason to take it out on me!” Nonetheless she tried to ignore it. Now wasn’t the time and he seemed to be her only source of aid here. That was, assuming he didn’t have ill intent.

He was otherwise quiet until she muttered about her dream, or what she had thought was a dream. With the bruises and scratches it couldn’t have been one. But where had she ended up that animal ears and tails and talking bugs were normal? Surely she’d hit or something.

“Heck if I know,” she grumbled. More and more she was finding herself at a loss for where she was and why what had happened happened. Letting her shirt fall back down she instead focused on those animals that had aided her before. There had been quite a few but one had been most prominent among them all.

Eiko hardly seemed to notice that Issun had drawn nearer as she shifted to sit cross-legged. In but a few moments she began ticking off the animals that had been most successful in beating back that thing, whatever it was that had grasped her so tightly.

“There was a tiger and a sheep… and I believe there was a rabbit too. The wolf was most prominent though,” she noted.

----[x]----

How naïve was this woman? Even the most harmless of folks could be a threat in their own way. Mohammed couldn’t very well let his guard down no matter what. Not until he knew for sure what was happening with this woman.

“There’s more to being a threat than physical harm here,” he noted simply. Did she not realize how precious information was? To pass it along to the wrong hands could spell disaster for he and his allies. Mohammed couldn’t risk that.

He heaved a great sigh and resisted shaking his head again. Help; yes, she clearly needed it and yet she could turn on he and his allies at a moment’s notice later. Precautions would need to be taken and if she truly meant him no harm then she would adhere to them. If not then she would be left here, it was as simple as that.

The gun was raised slightly as warning as he neared her. He could not be sure she didn’t have a knife tucked away somewhere. It could a trick and he’d move under that assumption first and foremost.

“Only if you follow what I say without a fight,” Mohammed answered finally. “It’s for the safety of many, you see.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Everything that was happening just seemed to confuse her a little more. What answers she received, only seemed to bring about more confusion. It didn't help Issun at all either.

He was more curious of the animals she'd been talking about. It took her a moment but Eiko finally tried to recall the animals. The ones she listed off were quickly placed for Issun but the wolf...

"Ammy!" he shouted, bouncing excitedly, "You saw Ammy!"

Why that was, he could only guess. Why Ammy was helping something of a fox was surprising. After all, she had taken out the nine tailed fox that worked for Yami.

Issun stopped a moment later, glancing up at her before questioning further, "What else did you see? Did they say anything? Did they talk to you? This is important!"

If Eiko remembered anything, it would be vital. Issun was giddy, if he was honest. Who knew he would run into this woman who had been able to see Ammy!

---- [ x ] ----

Silence more or less reigned here. Whatever information he thought she might part with was a mystery to her. It wasn't like Serena was out to cause chaos as it was. She would have been far too afraid to anyways.

An audible sigh caught her attention briefly. He'd raised that gun slightly again, approaching her cautiously. Serena tensed immediately at that, her eyes trained on the weapon. She didn't like a gun on a good day.

Serena tried not to flinch or back away. Instead of focusing on that, she blinked up at him quickly. Trying to put this unpleasantness out of her mind was difficult.

Serena nodded in agreement. She wasn't out to cause trouble. Not here. She wouldn't have a bone in her to even try to cause trouble.

"Your name," she tried to ask, wanting to distract herself from all of this, "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 8:12 pm

It was startling to see Issun bounce around so excitedly at the mention of the wolf, his voice raised in surprise. What was so important about these animals, about the wolf in particular? Eiko just didn’t get it and Issun seemed to assume she should know as it is.

“Ammy? What’s that it’s name?” she wondered instead. It was a start to this giant mess of a puzzle at any rate.

She still couldn’t quite recall the details. Maybe it was the fact that it was all so sudden and she was left with no answers. If anything had been said, well, Eiko couldn’t recall it. Nonetheless she closed her eyes, brow furrowing deeply as she tried to recall those details that slipped through her fingers like water. There had to be something in there among it all, right?

“Not that I can remember,” she answered, still trying to recall. They’d gathered in the darkness hadn’t they? The wolf, Ammy, had howled and then… then what? There’d been a bright light, pastels of all colors and Eiko had been forced to close her eyes. But hadn’t there been a strange warmth at her chest, a tingling feeling following? That was the last she could recall before waking here.

Fumbling for the collar of her shirt, she peered down at her chest curiously. There, vibrant red splayed across pale skin as if tattooed there.

----[x]----

She’d grown tense as he’d neared, gun raised higher. Had she expected him not to take this precaution? Foolish. Mohammed didn’t voice this however. Now wasn’t the time when silence was so prevalent. Enemies could be anywhere if gunfire couldn’t be used to pinpoint locations.

No matter, she’d agreed at least.

For a moment he did not answer, merely studied her. A name would not hurt, at least then she would not have to resort to “you”s or any other such thing when addressing him. Finally he said “Mohammed.” With that pleasantry out of the way he nodded his head for her to start forward. They would have ot peer around corners and the like, always keeping her in is sight but it would be do-able.

Mohammed did not enjoy having to explain things later to his allies. While they fought for the weak they were all paranoid now. There was too much that could go wrong while they fought.

“We’ll move slowly.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:06 pm

It was clear that she didn't understand the importance behind the name. Of course, calling the wolf just 'Ammy' wouldn't get through to many.

"Amaterasu!" he elaborated, "You saw the sun goddess and the other brush gods! But why is that...?"

Nothing was getting clearer here. If Ammy was involved in some way though, then it had to be important. That was the only thing Issun could really trust here. Even if this woman was a fox, it was obvious that Ammy had something to do with her.

There might have not been anything else but at least now, Issun had a clearer view on it all. Ammy was looking afer this girl, it seemed.

He blinked up at her when she toyed with her shirt again. Eiko seemed focused on something near her chest of all places. Issun chuckled lightly, bouncing once again.

"Hey, hey!" he called up at her, "What are you looking at there, babe? Couldn't be that interesting in there!"

---- [ x ] ----

Mohammed was a common name around these parts, if she recalled correctly. At least it would be easy to remember if she had to call out to him. Serena hoped that wouldn't be the case, however.

He nodded for her to start moving. Serena was hesitant for a moment, still plagued with a dizzy feeling. She couldn't imagine that it was a good thing. For the moment, she just tried to ignore it.

Despite all of this, she did as she was told and started moving. Best not step on any toes while she was out here. Serena didn't want to cause problems. Not while her life could possibly be on the line.

Serena folded her arms around her as if they were going to make a protective barrier. Of course, there was no such thing. She would simply have to be careful.

As they walked, she kept an eye on him for a moment. Eventually, she spoke, "Thank you."

It wasn't much but she wanted him to be aware that she did appreciate this gesture. He could have just shot her. Serena wasn't ungrateful, she just wanted him to know that.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:56 pm

”If I knew you’d know,” she muttered. How hard was that to understand? Maybe it was Issun’s excitement that made him so antsy for information now that this Ammy or Amaterasu or whoever the wolf was had been mentioned.

A sun god though… It was definitely out there but at least it was no Wonderland. All the same, if gods and weird bug boys were to be expected of this place, or whatever it was, then what else could Eiko think to run into? She wasn’t sure if she’d be well suited to combat as she was. She’d have to make due with whatever was around if something was as hostile as the mysterious thing that had grasped her and dragged her through darkness.

She’d busied herself with the strange marking on her chest in plain view if the collar of her shirt had been any lower. A scoff escaped her barely sparing Issun a glance. Trying to make sense of this weird new mark was more important at the moment. Maybe it had something to do with the ears and tail too.

“It’s more interesting than you, at any rate,” she pointed out dryly. “’Sides, I didn’t have this weird mark before.”

Whether or not Issun believed that was the question. He seemed quick to be suspicious or just one to disbelieve without proper proof. It wasn’t like Eiko knew what was truly going on though.

----[x]----

He heard her words of gratitude but there was hardly time to keep talking. They’d done enough of that out in the open as they’d been. For now it was time for him to focus on keeping an eye on their surroundings. If she truly was here out of poor circumstances then he would do his best to protect her just as he was others.

He merely grunted in answer and moved them further out, to the safe house. They move frequently but for now it held their needs. Surely, a few others would already be there and explanations would need to be shared but Mohammed would deal with them as they came.

The silence that filled the air, no gunshots in the distance to let him know what might be happening, was uneasy. Mohammed was on edge the entire time, gaze darting here and there as he peered around corners. Never did he let the grip of his firearm falter, ready to swing it up at a moment’s notice if need be.

He tried to move them quickly but carefully. How long she’d been out in this sun and heat? He couldn’t say. Already she looked in need of water however. If she lasted just a few more minutes she’d be fine, the safe house in sight.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Despite the entire situation, at least she was taking everything well. Or at least on surface value, she was. For all he knew, she could be a wreak on the inside. That was fine though! If she needed someone to cuddle up to, he was her man!

For now, that didn't seem important. She was fussing was the collar of her shirt, staring at something he couldn't see. So close to her chest too...Man, if only he could get a better look.

"Hey, come on!" he replied after a moment, "Let me see! Maybe I can tell ya what it is."

Already, he had bounced up onto her thigh. It would be easy to navigate upward. He'd done these things many times before. This girl was a little fiery though. She might not let him!

"If it's a marking you need identified, I'm your man! I've seen all kinds!" he boasted lightly.

How and why he had, however, he kept to himself. While he was proud to hound woman at times, not all of them quite appreciated the gesture. It was fun for him to witness such a pretty babe though. Knowing now she possibly wasn't all that bad made him feel better as well.

---- [ x ] ----

For the most part, things were quiet. That left her to her thoughts, trying to sort out what had happened. All she remembered was going to bed and then the strange dream...Maybe she really had been drugged.

The heat bore down on her. She worried about serious sun burn, never being one to really just tan after being in the sun for too long. A painful burn would come long before anything like that. How he managed it, she simply didn't know. It seemed more like he was used to it.

They started and stopped many times. He kept an eye on things, possibly trained to do so. If this area was dangerous, she wouldn't have known it. Serena once again thanked whatever lucky stars she had that she hadn't run into anyone hostile.

Serena tried to ignore her labored breath as time went on. Even a little gulp of air seemed to burn her throat. She'd lived in a humid area but relief from it was rather easy. Here, the air might have been dry but it was sweltering.

It was to much relief when Mohammed stopped, showing her into this safe house of sorts. Serena hesitated a little even as he motioned her in. Being realistic, she didn't really know this man...Still, she needed help here.

Eventually, she walked in. Serena welcomed the shade and a bit of cool air. Glancing around cautiously, she saw others there. She shuffled nervously as a man began speaking to Mohammed in a language she did not know. She could only judge the tone and it was obvious they were confused.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 am

Her gaze darted from the marking to Issun as he spoke. She wasn’t so sure she liked the thought of him so close to her chest given he was so small. Already he’d bounded up onto her thigh and higher still before she’d replied. She tossed him a look for it though it hardly seemed to faze him.

“You’ve invited yourself up, I see,” she noted dryly. For a brief moment Eiko debated on brushing him off but thought better of it. There wasn’t anyone else around that she could see to help her.

He was boasting then, something about seeing all kinds of markings. How truthful that was or why that would be the case Eiko didn’t know. Maybe it was better that way. A sigh escaped her instead. There wasn’t much use in fussing about it right now with her head aching.

“Whatever, I don’t care,” she muttered, more to herself than to him. There was only so much she was willing to get riled up over with a headache and small potatoes like this wasn’t one of them. “It’s not like I know what it is anyway.”

Maybe a different perspective was needed to figure out what it was. She hadn’t gotten a tattoo on her chest after all, much less some nonsensical marking like this. It looked more like it was something one would paint on someone to make them appear tribal or wild in certain medias.

----[x]----

Curious eyes met them, watching her more than Mohammed. Of course they would be, with her hands unbound and looking cooked from the sun. Even her attire alone was ill fit for desert life. Mohammed didn’t need to explain that to her or any of them.

Someone addressed him, one of the older members of their band addressing Mohammed. She clearly couldn’t understand him, that much was clear by the confusion on her face. Mohammed allowed his gun to lower a fraction. Here there would be plenty of eyes on the odd woman.

It was a quick affair to part with the story, assuring them all that she was no problem so long as she did not try to keep out of sight of any of them. Surely if she meant no harm she would understand and follow along with such precautions. It was enough that Mohammed had not just left her out there to be entirely sure.

Turning to the woman Mohammed said “They are worried about you, about what trouble you might bring. However if you follow what’s asked of you and stay out of trouble you will be fine and welcome among us.” That was all he could offer and knowing where they were—they would not be able to just let her go. The enemy might grab her and torture information from her otherwise…
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:26 pm

At the given moment, she wasn't protesting too much. Then again, she might have wanted to know what the marking was too. Issun might be able to identify it but mostly, he was just trying to get a nice look of a pretty lady.

Still, she didn't seem happy. Issun supposed that would be the case. She'd woken up in a world that might not be her own. From what she was saying, Issun had no reason not to believe her. Especially when Ammy was involved.

He tried to brush it aside for now. He chuckled again, hopping up her forearm and onto her shoulder. Glancing down to the red marking, Issun grew silent. It was a divine marking...one like Ammy's and the other brush gods.

This was becoming unsettling indeed.

"That's...a divine marking," he explained carefully, tipping his head, "One of the marks of the gods. It protects them from the demons and imps that try to attack people. The gods jobs are to ward them away but...why are you marked with one too?"

Eiko was marked with a divine marking but was a fox as well. This was weird. Issun jumped down from her shoulder, landing easily on the ground. He hummed slightly in thought. What was he going to do about this.

"I wonder if I can ask anyone about this..." he mused out loud, "Someone else might have better answers that I ever would. Maybe they can give you some answers too."

It was the best Issun could do right now. Maybe asking around might produce some answers as well. If the gods were sending someone to Nippon like her, then something had to be up!

---- [ x ] ----

Serena couldn't quite shake the stares. They left her anxious and paranoid. Then again, for these people, her presence might do the exact same to them. She tried to ignore their eyes and the whispers.

Whatever was being hashed out, Serena could only assume. The conversation wasn't heated, so to speak, but it was tense. She understood why. It didn't take a lot to guess that it was possibly mainly American's they were fighting against.

Finally, Mohammed turned to her, explaining the situation. Serena considered his words and nodded in understanding.

"I suppose they would be," she answered after a moment, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to frighten anyone. I have no intention of causing anyone trouble, I promise...Even if that doesn't seem like a lot now."

There were kids here, woman too from what she could see. Maybe just people trying to get by or find a safe place. He might not know her well but she had always been protective of kids. She wouldn't do anything to endanger them if she could help it.

"Where do you want me, then?" she finally asked, shifting her weight awkwardly. The most she wanted to do was collapse and sleep. She resisted those urges the best she could at the moment.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 4:50 am

It was weird feeling Issun hop up along her arm and onto her shoulder. It wasn’t quite like a flea, no. There was more weight to him than that yet it wasn’t like it stung or anything either. If nothing else it was a strange thing to momentarily distract herself with while he’d grown silent at her shoulder, presumably peering down her shirt at the marking.

When he did finally speak up it wasn’t what she’d expected. Divine? Gods? Her head spun with the implications of such a mark. She wasn’t anything near close to a god. She was moody and selfish and sometimes a little too introverted fro her own good. What use was a divine marking to her? Or, rather, what use was she to any kind of higher powers?

“Great, I just got roped into something weird, didn’t I?” she muttered. It sounded like Issun didn’t know why that mark would be on her either. Eiko swore her head was beginning to ache all the more with the lack of answers. “This doesn’t exactly tell me much about the area though…”

Wherever she was it certainly didn’t have tiny talking men like Issun. Or was he even a man at all? For all she knew he was a talking bug who didn’t want to fess up to that. Still, if she peered hard enough into that green glow she could make out four limbs and some kind of beetle shell…

She shook her head. Whatever he was, Eiko had to trust him, at least for now. “Well, what now then?”

----[x]----

Curious, wary stares were aimed at the woman. Of course they would be, given her obvious nationality. Not many foreigners came around these parts in these times if at all. There was good reason for that, given the hostages taken and those caught in the crossfire all too often otherwise.

Mohammed easily shook off the gazes though it seemed the woman was more unnerved by them. Perhaps in time they might lessen, as she did not case any trouble. Mohammed’s instincts hardly led him astray and he had no reasons to mistrust this odd woman. Even now she seemed only to want to rest and stay out of trouble anyways.

Briefly he paused to turn to those nearest to him, acting as translator for them. Not everyone here could speak English or even understand it. It might make things more difficult with her here however they would see where things went for now. There was hardly any reason to throw someone out to their possible death without good cause. By the time he’d finished she was asking another question, wondering what to do with herself.

“Merely sit yourself down and rest,” Mohammed answered, gesturing to the nearest place she could.

Whatever water and food rations they had would be stretched out further with another mouth to feed but they’d manage. Stocking up had become second nature in all this fighting. For the moment however water was most important. Everything else could be sorted out later.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 am

The puzzlement on her face was apparent. He couldn't quite blame her. After all, this was something big and she might not want to accept it. Issun understood that. He hadn't wanted to accept his own destiny long ago as well.

The sound of her tone was all he needed to know her feelings. Issun didn't blame her. Seemingly dropped into Nippon without any recollection as to why? For once, he didn't have anything witty to say to something like that.

"Being completely honest, babe?" he started to answer, facing her once again, "That's probably right to assume. When the gods want you for something, you don't ignore the call."

Eiko didn't look happy to hear those words. Of course, given the situation he doubted anyone would really be happy about it. Issun certainly wouldn't have been pleased to wake up and suddenly find the gods had branded him for something much bigger.

He glanced up at her, shaking his head briefly before he answered, "You're in Nippon."

More bewilderment and confusion. Issun didn't question why at this point. For her, this was all out of place and confusing. Why would she not look at him like that.

"Well, that's the thing," he started after a moment, "I'm not sure where to go. We could always try Wep'keer. It's the closest source to where the gods came from and they tend to be more in tune with them. Of course, that means quite a bit of travel. And in clothes like that, you're gonna get a lot of stares."

She needed to blend in at least a little bit. Maybe first taking care of that would be best...Where could they go though without drawing too much attention?

"I guess Kamiki Village would take you without asking too many questions," he mused out loud, "And get you some new clothes too."

---- [ x ] ----

For the most part, Serena merely tried not to let these stares bother her. They had their rights to be wary. For her, she would need time to ponder. She had to figure out just what happened, how she ended up here. The problem was she didn't recall anything different. Only the hazy dream in the back of her mind had been odd.

He'd turned, acting as a translator it seemed. As long as word was passed that she would cause no trouble, she didn't mind not knowing what was being said. In fact, all the better. These people didn't speak English and she was remarkably lucky to have run into one man who did.

After her next question was asked, he addressed her once more. At least these answers were straight forward and simple. Likewise, at least she wasn't being separated or treated too differently.

Serena nodded when he pointed her to a place she could sit. At least she could get off her feet and properly rest without risk of sun stroke or the like.

"Sure...thank you, Mohammed," she finally answered.

Serena did just that, moving over to the spot and sitting down. She exhaled a sigh, pushing her hair back from her forehead. Everything felt too warm for her comfort but she'd manage.

What could she do now? She'd sit and think, trying to pry whatever happened out of her mind. Time might pass slowly but at least she didn't have anywhere to actually be. She could try to find answers, perhaps buried deep in her memory. There had to be something, anything, to give her some kind of answer.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:46 am

Eiko heaved a sigh at Issun’s answer. She wasn’t sure about this gods business but something had definitely brought her here and left its mark on her. Even more so the bruises and scratches ‘round her middle would take time to heal. Whatever was going on there was power here that Eiko didn’t understand. Her tail twitched at that thought.

All the same Eiko kept her thoughts to herself. Complaining and whining about it wasn’t gonna do her much good. Besides, at least Issun was trying to give her some answers.

“Nippon…? As in Japan?” Eiko wondered, brow furrowing in confusion. But how’d she get here…? There was no answer but for whatever had happened in that dreamlike state before she’d awoken here. Would she ever find out the truth to what caused that though?

Issun was talking again; perhaps he hadn’t heard her. Nonetheless it helped take her mind off of things again though it only caused more worries. She glanced down at herself, fussing with the hem of her shirt. Her clothes were in good condition, what was the problem? Maybe other things were different here too other than weird gods and talking sprites.

“What’s wrong with my clothes?” she voiced all the same. “It’s not like I have any money either, y’know.”

----[x]----

She seemed relieved that what was asked of her was so simple. Perhaps she’d expected worse. To be locked up perhaps? No, that was not their way, not if the one under their care had no ill intent and did not display hostility. Besides, with so many eyes on her in this room she would not be able to do much in the way of hostility. Mohammed didn’t even think she had it in her, her skin red from the sun’s wrath and looking worn out as is.

That alone would settle many here, being able to properly keep an eye on her. It might be daunting for Serena now but it was for the best.

He merely offered a brief hum in answer to her thanks, instead moving to see about their water rations. She needed some if she were to recover at any rate. How long had she been out there before he’d spotted her? Mohammed wasn’t even sure she knew.

It would not take long to fetch her some water and return by which point she’d at least seemed to have made herself as comfortable as she could get. With so many people hiding away here much less trying to get along as things were, it could be difficult. They all did their best however.

Holding out the container of water Mohammed said “here.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Eiko had been quiet for a moment, her tail twitching in thought. Maybe she had an idea of what she wanted to do or maybe she was just trying to wrap her head around everything. Issun wasn't a mind reader. The most he could do was sit back and wait for her to speak.

Eventually she did speak, inquiring if this was Japan. Where else could it be? He'd never heard of these 'States' she had mentioned so many she was from far away.

"That's right, this is Japan," he told her, only pausing for a moment, "Guess I should have mentioned that first."

Eiko was toying with the hem of her shirt. These clothes were strange and would no doubt draw too much attention. She didn't seem to understand that. Then again, maybe she didn't see the people around her either.

"You'll stick out like a sore thumb," he answered her, "Besides, when the people of Kamiki know that the gods brought you here, they'll probably give you some clothes just for that. They really love Ammy for what she did, after all."

The mark might be all the proof they needed, provided they didn't think anything suspicious about the fox ears. For the most part, the people there were very faithful after Ammy had brought peace back to the land.

"Well, it's the only plan I got right now!" he stated after a moment, "So, we can get moving if you want. Besides, I'm sure you're probably hungry and thirsty. At least let the people help you about before we decide on anything else."

---- [ x ] ----

Serena's mind was a muddle of thoughts. The stares didn't bore into her as badly now. She was too focused on how she had seemingly appeared all the way out here from Ohio. There wasn't any drug powerful enough to keep her sedated, was there?

That was her only logical answer and even that didn't make a whole lot of sense. The entire thing left her dizzy. Or maybe it was the heat? She couldn't tell anymore.

Serena placed her head in her hand. So many emotions still swirled in her, panic often trying to rise up among them. She couldn't let that happen. If she had an attack out here, she wasn't sure what she'd do. Still she knew the more she worried over it, the more likely it was to happen.

She flinched slightly when his voice rang out again. Glancing up, a container of water had been offered to her. Graciously, she took it.

"Thank you," she answered once again. She uncapped it carefully, taking slow sips of the water. There was no point in making herself sick on top of everything else. At least the relief to her throat was greatly welcome.

Serena paused only for a moment and spoke once again, "I'm sorry for all this trouble. I know it can't be easy."

The hassle was enough and she hated being anything like that to people. Somewhere deep in her, even if it was irrational, felt terrible for it. That kind of feeling, she never could shake.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Eiko was speechless for a long moment at the confirmation. Not only had she ended up in a place where gods were quite real and went around marking people for weird purposes but she’d ended up on the other side of the world to boot! What was she even brought here for? That part was the most frustrating.

If nothing else the mention of her clothes took her from those thoughts, for now at least. What kind of clothes were worn around here that she’d stick out with what she was wearing? It wasn’t like Issun was big enough that she could gauge by what he was wearing. That was assuming he even wore clothes at all. Eiko still wasn’t entirely sure what he was supposed to be, after all.

Eiko heaved a sigh, getting to her feet. She wasn’t so sure about just being given things by strangers but it seemed Issun was sure of this plan. Maybe if this gods business was true she’d end up repaying everyone somehow anyways. She hoped so at least. It just didn’t sit right with her otherwise.

“Well, it’s not like I have any ideas,” she admitted, running a hand through her hair. Sounds were so much clearer, even standing up like this she was able to easily hear Issun from the ground. Sounds far off in the distance, too, reached her far easier than they should have. Her ears drooped at that. She’d already disliked loud noises, now they’d be even louder. “So, lead the way… I guess?”

She wasn’t sure how fast Issun could travel or for how far before he tired out with how small he was. Or maybe he had his own store of magical weirdness to aid him. It wouldn’t surprise her at this rate.

----[x]----

Mohammed did not react to the way she’d flinched, blinking at the container of water and then at him in surprise before she took it. Only then did Mohammed seat himself next to her, double-checking that the safety on is firearm was on. It was habit to flip the switch when he walked within the safe houses they used but it never hurt to check again anyways.

Perhaps acting as he normally would was enough to settle Serena despite the fact that she did not know him at all. In time that would have to change, given the situation they were all in here.

From the corner of his eye he spied the way she fumbled with the cap on the container before drinking carefully. Perhaps she was careful not to overindulge. Well, that was a relief. Too often folks drank more than their bellies could fill after being out in the hot sun for too long. Granted, Serena wasn’t an extreme case but all the same caution was appreciated anyways.

“This is far from the hardest thing we’ve needed to deal with,” Mohammed said, a dismissive wave of his hand following suit.

He leaned back then, hand still resting along the barrel of the rifle for the time being. Just letting it lay nearby wasn’t proper. It could get kicked around or tampered with by some well-meaning child. Mohammed wasn’t about to risk that.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 am

Eiko didn't seem all too pleased with how things were going. Issun didn't quite blame her. Being proactive about it all seemed best though. It would get her mind off a lot of things. Issun figured she needed it.

He saw her ears fold a little onto her head as she stood. Despite the suggestions, it didn't seem to lift her mood any. Issun would try harder as they went. Surely there was a way to get her spirits up!

"Come on, babe," he pressed after a moment, bouncing forward, "It won't be too far! At least not for you."

Given that she was a lot bigger, walking would be easy. Thinking about it, Issun paused, looking up at her. She had paused once again, laughing nervously. It would be a long walk if he was trying to lead her somewhere.

"Maybe I should get up there on your shoulder," he suggested after a moments thought, "I can point you in the right direction!"

The faster they got the Kamiki, the better! That way, she could at least take a moment to relax safely and think things through! Issun would have to see about anything strange going on within the area too.

---- [ x ] ----

He sat down beside her, propping the rifle up nearby. As long as it wasn't pointed at her and the safety was on, she would try not to worry about it. All of this would take a long time to get used to and she didn't have enough time to adjust.

Serena studied him for a moment. His hair was dark and rather tangled. Dark skinned, natural for this area. Bags under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't slept properly in days.

He waved off her comment easily, claiming that it wasn't that big of a deal. Serena had to wonder about that. To her, it seemed like a massive issue. After all, she didn't know how she got here.

"Seems complicated to me," she told him, "But then again, I've been wracking my brain for what happened and finding nothing, so maybe it's just me."

This bothered her more so than she needed. Serena was already tired and trying to figure it out was even more exhausting. She heaved a short sigh. What was the point on pondering when there was nothing there?

Instead of focusing on it, she reached up, rubbing her eyes. They felt strained and tired on top of everything else. She wasn't really sure what to say to him or even how to start a conversation. What did you ask a mercenary?
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

Eiko couldn’t pretend to know the area much less where this Kamiki Village lay. If Issun said it was close then she’d trust him on that matter. Still, with how small he was Eiko would have figured that ‘close’ would have meant much, much closer indeed.

“Well, if you say so,” Eiko finally relented. It wasn’t like she had any kind of plan as it was. This way she’d have some kind of starting point… right?

There was a pause that followed, allowing for the call of wild birds to be heard more clearly. With these furry ears they sounded far closer than they must have been. Eiko was sure all of this powerful hearing business was going to end up giving her a headache before the day was out. What other changes had her body undergone?

Issun’s voice rang out once more, suggesting he hitch a ride upon her shoulder. She cocked her head at that. He moved quickly enough on his own but it would probably be just as he said; that it’d be quicker if she set the pace.

“I guess I don’t mind,” she finally answered. “So long as you know where we’re going anyways.”

----[x]----

Her eyes were on him. It was easy to feel her gaze burning into his side, even as he busied himself with merely resting while he had the chance. While it wasn’t as good as sleep he’d take what he could get. There was no reason to be picky about it in these times.

Eventually she did speak, admitting that things were more complex for her. Mohammed reasoned that would be the case. He shook his had but said nothing, not right away at least. He had no idea what was going on with her truthfully. Perhaps with aid from Djinn he might find out soon enough. For now, however, he would leave Djinn within his memorial tablet where he resting and waiting. Mohammed had no clue if this woman could see spirits after all.

Finally, he said “with no answers for you it would seem that way.”

Without having been there himself Mohammed could hardly claim if her story was true or not after all. For all he knew she might have problems with her memory or something worse off.  It wouldn’t do much good to point that out, however.

“For now it might be best not to dwell on it. Perhaps you’ll remember in time,” her pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]   [Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Okami/SK] These Times [1-on-1 RP]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next