AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Grenin10

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Given where he was from, maybe some place like Ohio would have been interesting to him. She couldn't deny that it was a nice place sometimes, just not too exciting. She spared a smile and a nod in response.

"It was always very quiet," she told him, "I liked it there most days."

The conversation was drawn to a halt when Reks called out, somewhat in a panic. Celine blinked, glancing back at Mohammed when he asked if this was normal. In a sense, it was, though why Reks was so nervous, she couldn't say.

"It sometimes can be," she answered, glancing back down at her friend.

Reks was asking for paper. Celine started digging in her pockets, trying to find something. She didn't have anything that was on her...

"I'm sorry, Rekka, I don't have any paper..." she finally said, "If I did, I'd probably have been writing by now."

Keeping a journal of these events would have been helpful...For the moment, she didn't have anything like that. It seemed to catch Hao's attention as he laughed lightly.

"What on Earth do you need paper for all of a sudden? You act as if the world would end if you don't get it!"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm

With a great cry of "No! Shit!" Rekka was already looking around for someone else to ask. But who? She hardly noticed the curious look on Mohammed's face or the mild interest upon Hao's. It wasn't until the latter had chuckled and spoken up on the matter was she even aware that he was paying much attention to her sudden behavior.

"That's because it will if only because I'll have kicked the damn thing into the sun for not giving me paper!" Rekka declared.

"... I suddenly find myself a little concerned as to who else I might meet here," Mohammed admitted. Rekka promptly ignored him.

Her gaze landed upon a familiar green-haired shaman. He was seated nearby, guitar in his lap as he took to tuning it. Rekka's eyes lit up at the sight of it. A guitar! She could use that, provided there was a marker somewhere too. Surely someone had one around here!

Rekka called out to Peyote, already striding towards him as if there was no way she'd be denied what she wanted right now. "Hey, let me draw on your guitar, dude! It'll be bad ass if you let me, I promise!" A pause followed. "If not I'll doodle on it anyways but I'll make it so girly you'll puke rainbows for a week!"
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Celine shook her head briefly when Mohammed spoke up. Perhaps he meant that in a way to joke or maybe he didn't. She couldn't tell. She figured maybe it would be best to reassure things about Reks...

"She's not like this all the time..." she told him, "At least...not this animated."

Celine rubbed the back of her head nervously. This kind of energy actually made her feel even more tired. She didn't know how Reks could do it.

"Haha, oh my! It sounds as if this is urgent. Peyote, you may want to let her do it."

Peyote glanced up, his gaze lazy as Reks shouted at him about letting her draw on his guitar. For a long moment, he seemed to be taken aback by the entire thing.

"You want to draw on my guitar? I don't think so."

Celine heaved a sigh, shaking her head a little bit. Maybe they could just go into town...

"Reks, don't be unreasonable. We can get a notepad from town, right?"
[/color]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Celine had muttered something to Mohammed though she could hear it. It wasn't important nor was the fact that Mohammed had told Celine "Is that so? Perhaps it won't be so bad then." in return.

Once Rekka had neared Peyote's side she waited impatiently. Though his gaze was lax it had a curious glint to it, or maybe Rekka imagined that. She nodded eagerly to Hao's comment, eager to test it, to see. If she was this young again what about everything else? Her tattoos had even gone away, perhaps for the best that considering the growing she'd be doing all over, but skill was not so easy to replace.

At Peyote's denial Rekka could sear her heart rate increased, the worried lump in her throat growing all the harder to rid herself of. Couldn't he see this was important? Damn it!

This time when Celine attempted to reason with Rekka she vehemently shook her head. There was no way she could wait, not if she could help it and any Tom, Dick or Harry could draw in the dirt with a stick. that didn't prove anything! Details were lost, the dirt too soft and malleable and easily messed with! She needed something where she could exert control over fine details to see.

"That'll take too long, damn it!" Rekka argued. For a moment she merely glared at Peyote, as if that would somehow convince him to change his mind. Unfortunately she was not nearly as intimidating as Hao might be when needed, as he had proven he could be back in Mexico. She'd never been, too scrawny and slight of frame for that.

"If nothing else this will prove interesting," Mohammed was admitting to Celine and Hao. Maybe he didn't quite take Celine's reassurance about Rekka's usual behavior at face value.

"Look, if I fuck it up I'll find a way to buy you another one! Let me draw on the damn thing already!" Rekka shouted, losing both patience and her temper the longer she couldn't just see! From the corner of her eye she spotted something red though hardly spared the moment to glance at what might be the demon. Her attention was focused and she'd find a way to find out.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Celine deflated a little at Reks protest. Really, it would have been easy if only she were patient. Her temper seemed far worse than before as well...This concerned Celine quite a bit.

Pestering Peyote wasn't going to do her any good. Especially when the mans own temper still flared quite a bit. This wouldn't be good in the end.

"Reks, how are you going to buy a guitar in Japan?" Celine asked. She seemed to go ignored as she continued to demand for the guitar.

"We can always find another, hmm. I'm rather curious about what Reks is on about."

Celine watched as Peyote heaved a long sigh. Eventually, he opened the case and offered the guitar toward Reks. Whatever she was planning, Celine figured she'd find out soon enough. Regardless, she seemed happy again, that as what was important.

"I can already tell you're gonna be a thorn in my side, kid."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Rekka wasn't given the chance to answer Celine, even if the latter had a point. Hao had simply reassured Celine that there was a way to find another guitar one way or another and that was that. It seemed that was also enough for Peyote, who'd finally relented and handed over the instrument. In a flash Rekka smiled brightly, despite the hammering of her heart in her ears. It wouldn't still until she found out for sure, that much she knew.

Despite her over hasty behavior, Rekka handled the guitar with great care as a marker was found in the pocket of someone's coat. Rekka didn't bother to remember the shaman's name, merely offering a quick "thanks!" and darting away back to where Peyote, Hao, Celine and Mohammed remained, guitar cradled in her arms the entire way. She sat then, getting comfortable before uncapping the marker.

"Your little sister is quite the character, isn't she?" Mohammed pointed out. All the same, he, too, remained nearby to see what she did.

Rekka hummed briefly before finally putting marker to guitar. Without a pencil to sketch then she would have to be careful without sketch lines to follow first. Nonetheless she'd already marked upon it now, it was too late to go back now. She could feel the gazes on her, watching each movement as she drew.

How long did she sit like that, covering the guitar face with fitting imagery. Peyote was a distant man and his culture might well be important to him. As such Rekka did her best to mimic a Day of the Dead feel to her drawings along the guitar. With each one finished--only one black marker to do the job with--Rekka's earlier panic faded. The skill with which she held the marker, while not the usual pencil or brush she preferred, had not 'reset' along with her age. Whatever the demon had done and why, well, at least it was smart enough not to go messing with the one thing she prided above all else.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:28 pm

"She really can be, sometimes," Celine answered Mohammed.

If only he knew that her real age was that of twenty one, just like Peyote. That would be more of an explanation as to why she swore so much and acted the way she did.

That wouldn't be so easy to explain and as such, Celine wouldn't say anything. For the time being, she'd keep it as a well kept secret. Celine shook her head a little as Peyote gave up the guitar.

"At least you're being careful, Reks," she pointed out as she took it delicately. That didn't quite surprise Celine in the slightest.

Celine heaved a sigh, rubbing her forehead slightly. She didn't feel so great as it was. At least things were calming down.

"I need a nap..."

Minutes passed as Reks went to work with whatever she wanted to draw. Maybe she was worried that she couldn't do it anymore. From the look of it, Reks could still draw fine as she went to work.

It was only when she presented the guitar back to Peyote did they see the full extent. She seemed happier to know that too.

"Ah-ha! She's an artist too, who would have thought!"

Peyote seemed to snort in response, glancing at the guitar. He didn't seem displeased by it, not angry at all. That was good. In the end, he seemed alright with it.

"That's not as terrible as I figured it'd be...Well, at least we have an idea of what you'll be doing most days."[/color]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:44 pm

It was kind of funny, the four of them sitting and standing around to see her work. From time to time she heard a small bit of conversation happening though Rekka paid it no mind. With the relief came the usual focus, so engrossed in her work that it would have been difficult for anyone to draw a proper response from her while she drew.

Rekka beamed at Hao's comment even as she waited for Peyote's critic. He seemed to eye the guitar with a more critical eye than earlier, some of that laxness gone for the time being. Perhaps he was looking for some minor discrepancy so that he could demand a new guitar and lord it over Rekka's head later if she annoyed him. Instead the offhanded compliment came instead, her pride growing with it.

"Oh, c'mon, be a little more amazed than that! I'm like, what? Six? I'm a friggin' artistic genius right now!" Rekka both joked and boasted. Nonetheless she rose to her feet spinning around to face Hao. Now that she found out she felt much better about things. Now it was just waiting for everything to work itself out. "Soooo, would it be too much to ask for art supplies?"

From the corner of her eye she spotted Mohammed scoff and shake his head, presumably in amusement before he'd turned to Celine. She'd let him get to know Celine and maybe look after her for the time being. It might let Celine branch out a little and give her a distraction.

"If you are tired why not go and rest? Your sister seems to be in adequate hands at the moment," he was saying. Maybe he thought that Peyote or Hao would end up keeping an eye on her.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Celine spared an amused smile toward Reks. She was using her age as an advantage now. If anything, it was rather amusing to hear her boost about these skills that she had attained when she was in her twenties.

Mohammed seemed amused by the blunt request as well. If anything, maybe that confidence out of a little girl was somewhat foreign. Celine knew how women were in the Middle East.

Peyote didn't complain, in fact he seemed somewhat pleased with the artwork Reks had provided.

"Well, you're certainly over confident," she heard Peyote say just as Mohammed spoke up again.

Celine spared a small smile in return, thankful for the concern. She was a little worried about sleeping as it was. Sleeping meant nightmares and paralysis...

"I'd like to," she replied, "I've been having a lot of vivid nightmares...Most nights I'm not even getting two hours of sleep."

It was a wonder she wasn't sick at this point. She was probably getting close, she knew that much.

---- [ x ] ----

If anything, Reks seemed cheerful again, boasting about her skills. Hao knew the real reason for that. Maybe he'd reveal that in time. For the moment, he kept it as a close secret in hopes to simply tuck it away for later.

He laughed lightly at Reks request. It was an incredibly blunt one, though given her personality, he wasn't surprised. Reks seemed content in the thought of more art supplies to toy with.

"I don't see why not," he told her lightly, "We can walk to the nearest city and have a chat, hmm? You've been rather eager for that, I know."

This way, he could at least get around to explain more about the demons and how to start controlling them. For the time being, he'd leave her friend in Mohammed's hands. He seemed to want to stick around her, for the time being.

"We'll find some books for Celine too, if that helps," he continued, "Then worry about the rest later on."

They'd be here for a long time. It was best to start getting some supplies and the like for all of them.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Mohammed had allowed a little scuff of amusement to pass his lips at the guitar owner's comment. What had his name been, Peyote? He thought that's what he'd heard. In time he could learn but for now it wasn't entirely at the top of his priorities.

"Then why don't you go and do as such? It seems you've nothing else to occupy your time right now, or am I wrong?" he answered. If rest was what she needed then Mohammed would gently push her to do as such. It was in his nature to look after others after all.

He offered a small smile, it had been long since he'd allowed himself to do so. Then again, it had been too long since he'd been able to just relax as well. Even the calming river nearby was so strange, almost dream-like to his ears. It was nice though.

"I'm sure no one would bother you if you chose to nap," he further assured her.

----[x]----

Rekka's smile grew at the offer. However long the walk might be she didn't know but she had wanted to talk with Hao anyways. What better way then away from the others in the event of topics best left under wraps? Besides, the prospect of new art supplies was enticing enough already. She missed her bag full of folders and sketchbooks and necessary supplies even if it was a heavy bag by the end of the day.

"Mmm, of course you do," Rekka answered in good humor. "If you wanna head out for that now I'm game though."

Already she was nodding to the things he listed off. Art supplies and books, that she could live with for the time being. If anything else was needed she was sure they'd figure it out while they were there. Books for Celine would be very important however, giving her something to focus on aside from anything she didn't quite care for here.

"If we find any good fantasy books I'm sure it'll pick Celine's mood up in no time!" she agreed. "Whenever you're ready just lead the way."

Barefooted though she might be, Rekka was sure it wouldn't matter much in the long run. Hao could be quite intimidating when he felt it necessary and looking as young as they did, Rekka was sure it wouldn't cause too many problems in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Celine figured he might have missed what she said about her nightmares being so vivid and troubling. Still, maybe he dismissed it in favor for concern as well. She didn't pretend to know. Maybe complying would just be for the best.

"No one would bother me, I'm sure," she finally relented. She almost continued that sentence about no one who was alive but she stopped herself.

Celine spared him a small smile in return. It wasn't much, she was tired and emotional. Any more pressure and she'd probably lose it at this rate.

"Thank you for the concern, I'll go try to sleep," she finally decided, leaving his side for a while.

She was afraid to. The very thought of sleeping terrified her. What was she going to do though? She couldn't not sleep, it would eventually kill her. Maybe that's what the demon wanted...

Celine tried to shake it from her head as she found her own area, shared with Reks, and curled up there once again. She lay awake for a long time, staring at nothing in particular and listening to the sound of the river. It wasn't much but it started to lull her to sleep, even if she didn't want it.

---- [ x ] ----

Rekka seemed to grow excited by the very thought of just walking with him. If that was all it took to make her happy, maybe he should extend more time with her. Surely it would make things interesting.

Already, she was listing things off that she would need to grab. She kept it organized, simple, though he caught flashes of things she wanted in her mind. He knew as an adult, she could not afford so many things.

"We'll start out then. It may take a bit but it will give us time to catch up," he answered lightly.

With that, he started forward, listening as she brought up her friend and ways to pick up her mood. Really, it wasn't so much the books or the lack of something to do, it seemed. Hao knew it was that demon at work.

"She just needs sleep," he answered, "though, that demon seems to be doing it's job. We'll worry about it soon."

The two had potential, they simply needed to learn how to control their demons. So far, Rekka seemed to be the one who would have that potential. It was a thought that was there and gone for the time being as they started toward the nearest town.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 10:48 pm

She had hesitated, perhaps due to the nightmares she'd mentioned earlier. All the same, she couldn't let herself be bullied into avoiding sleep. Her health was at stake if she did, after all. Mohammed wasn't entirely sure how to handle something like this but to push for her to at least attempt to sleep. Perhaps a nap, when others were awake, would aid in that endeavor.

"If you have any troubles you can come to find me," he told her, offering a shrug. Perhaps this was an outlet she required, someone her own age to turn to when sleep eluded her.

From her he might learn more about the others he would be calling comrades and perhaps friends as well. If nothing else they would both stand to gain something.

As she wandered off to an area she must have preferred, Mohammed offered a small wave to her. It might have gone unnoticed or ignored. From then his attention diverted to the green-haired shaman, the one with the guitar to instead get to know him. Better to do that then to sit around and waste time.

----[x]----

Immediately after he spoke Hao started them off, Rekka falling instep beside him easily enough. His pace was rather even and swift, which was all for the best; slow things had a tendency to draw impatience out of Rekka. As they did so, Rekka listed a thing or two off, fairly sure Hao was listening.

She blinked, however, at the mention of the demon who had attached itself to Celine. "It's job?" she echoed. "So, it is the one doing that then? Good, I'll crush it for that!"

Crushing seemed to be her favored method for the day though how long that would last Rekka couldn't say. She had a habit of speaking and acting before thinking about it, so whatever fell from her lips was rather unfiltered. Now was no different. At the very least she was rather honest with how she felt and what she thought.

"I hope 'soon' is 'as soon as we get back'-soon and not 'next week'-soon," Rekka said further.

Celine had trouble sleeping already as it was, the last thing she needed was to grow sick because this demon was fucking with it further. But how would Celine be able to make it stop that? Celine wasn't exactly the fighter-type like Rekka was...
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Hao couldn't help but laugh at her words. This was why he believed she would be able to conquer her demon so easily. She was able to outright protest and fight what they were trying to do. As for Celine, that was still hard to say.

"That is correct," he told her lightly, "And it seems like yours likes to toy with your anger."

In a sense, that wasn't a bad trade off for Rekka. She already had a foul temper, making it worse just made more determination to control it. Then again, Rekka wasn't quite so shy either.

What she said didn't quick surprise her. She was worried of her friend. This wasn't so much of a surprise, given how far back the two of them went.

"It will all depend on how well she controls it," he told her, "It may take days or weeks or months. Demons are not like normal spirits, after all. They feed off of negative energy so they'll continue trying to make more of it. If a person is unwilling or unable to fight that negativity, they can be swallowed by it. Haven't you ever wondered why people seemingly kill themselves for no reason?"

That might have been harsh, but it was the truth. Rekka would have to face the reality of these things. It was not all fun and games.

Hao fell silent then as they walked, allowing her to sort her thoughts. The walk was mostly done in silence as they continued toward the town.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Rekka blinked. Toying with her anger, huh? That made sense, given her sometimes hair-trigger temper. It was probably getting worse without her medication just as Celine's mood might be getting bad not only to her demon but a lack of pills to stabilize it all. Rekka's brow furrowed at that realization and more so upon Hao's follow up comment.

She hadn't thought of that part. Celine just offing herself, it just wasn't something she'd do and so it was hardly a worry for Rekka, or rather it hadn't been until now.

"Well, if she goes and does something dumb like that then I'll drag her back and kick her ass for it!" she declared huffily before otherwise falling silent. There was a lot to dwell on with the bit of information Hao had parted with.

Now that she knew what the demon wanted from them both then maybe she could better learn to control it. Knowledge was a formidable tool to wield, after all. Even so, how was she going to use it? Rekka's thoughts circled back on themselves, no clear answer in mind. Demons were like spirits and people in that there surely had to be all types of them with varying personalities and wants. So, how could she deal with a pair she hadn't even properly really met?

In the time that she dwelled on these things Hao had grown silent. Perhaps he respected her need to sort out her thoughts or maybe he was curious as to the sorts of conclusions she might make overall.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Dark and twisting were her dreams, drowning, blood. It didn't stop, like the nights before. Just one after the other. The entire time, she had trouble waking. Her sleep must have appeared fitful but no one woke her.

Celine didn't know how long she laid like this. Eventually, she forced herself awake, nearly throwing up where she lay. She dry heaved, coughing. Her clothing was drenched in sweat. She eventually sat up, trying to regain her senses.

The sun was setting when she had woken. She heaved a heavy, shaking her head. What did it want? What did the demon want from her? Why was it doing this?

She remained there for a while, watching the flames flickering in the distance. It was a comforting sight, as was the sound of the river behind her. Celine ran a hand through her hair, ignoring the sweat on her brow.

"I don't know how much more of this I can handle," she muttered to herself, hoping no one was around to hear.

---- [ x ] ----

Rekka's thoughts had been a whirl and in some sense, Hao couldn't blame her. At least, to an extent. He knew what would happen if things didn't sort themselves out soon. Hopefully a distraction or two would help, if only for a little bit.

He put it out of his mind however, allowing things to remain silent. When they had gotten to the town, it was easy to find a place for art supplies. There were many things that Rekka grabbed and Hao had no intention of paying for any of them.

Just like before, they walked out without giving the clerk any money. He hated the use of such things when it was so much easier to do things this way. Money brought out the worst in humans, after all, a terrible concept.

If anything, Rekka's mood improved slightly. She seemed excited for the things she had found. The sun had dipped down toward the west as they went. By the time they had reached the camp again, a fire had been started, providing some light.

"Haha, it seems we were gone much too long," he pointed out to Reks, "But it seems you're quite happy with what you found. Perhaps you'll busy yourself with your hobby."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Hours had passed since Hao and Celine's sister had wandered off and Celine had attempted to rest. He couldn't say just how successful that endeavor was, not until she would wake at least. For the time being it was best to leave her to it and so Mohammed's time had passed rather uneventfully with the shaman he came to learn was named Peyote.

He wasn't sure what time it was, not here, though he found himself a little shocked at how late it was by the time the two young shamans had returned. A fire already alight and roaring. A few were already cooking what little they had over it though Mohammed wasn't sure what it was. It made his stomach growl, however, and he wondered if Celine might need something to eat as well.

Pushing himself to his feet, he made his way to Celine's side. She was shrouded in shadow from the nearby trees though he couldn't be sure if she still slept. Once he was close enough he knelt down to shake her shoulder gently. Hopefully she was not the type to startle badly upon being woken by someone else.

"Are you hungry, Celine?" he prodded. "I'm sure you might need it."

Concern was obvious within him, it always was when dealing with those who needed someone there for them. Celine was no different though he knew not her story. Perhaps he might learn in time.

----[x]----

Rekka tried not to let it bug her too much, all this theft. Really, that's what it was, there was no way to sugarcoat it. Even as she'd asked if it would have just been simpler to pay she hadn't received an answer from Hao but for that pleasant smile of his. At the very least she had something more substantial to occupy her time and thoughts at camp.

It hadn't felt like long that they'd been gone however by the time they'd returned the sky was darkening and shadows stretched far and thin across the ground. Someone had seen to it to lit the usual bonfire before it was too dark and Rekka swore she smelled something cooking. Someone must have gotten hungry sooner than usual.

"Before it gets too dark, yeah," she admitted.

She was eager to break in her new supplies as it were but working by firelight wasn't an appealing idea. Too many moving shadows to contend with much less making sure colors were as she wanted them to be by the final 'product' as it were.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Celine had no sense of time as she laid there, only that she was exhausted and needed sleep. Still her sleep was fitful that entire time. She was afraid and felt her heart slam against her chest with ever vivid nightmare that passed.

Every fear played over and over in her mind and she experienced it all. It was like she was there, in every moment that these dreams played in front of her. She couldn't wake up, no matter how hard she tried.

A hand laid on her shoulder, shaking her gently is what jolted her awake. Her heart leapt into her throat as she jerked a little. She blinked warily, glancing around until she found Mohammed's face. So he'd woken her up...

The camp was dark now, or nearly dark. It must have been drawing closer to evening. Celine coughed, trying to ignore the sweat that clung to her clothing. Those dreams had been so real.

"Sorry, sorry," she said, sitting up. Her throat felt dry, scratchy. She needed a drink, "What was it? What did you ask?"

---- [ x ] ----

There was guilt still on Rekka's mind. In time, that would disappear. This way was better in the end. She'd see that in time. Living as a shaman was ideal. There was no reason for so many issues that the humans brought up.

She seemed happy with the supplies however. That would keep her mind occupied throughout the days that Hao might be gone. It would be a while before they would travel together, after all.

"Haha, you'll have plenty of time throughout the years," he noted lightly, "In between the training, of course."

That was another aspect she seemed to quite like. That would be nice to see what her demon could do for well. If anything, she and her friend could be very strong allies provided everything went well.

"It seems everyone is taking the time to relax for now," he pointed out as they walked into camp, "Take the time to do so as well. Perhaps I'll push for training tomorrow before those little imps decide to make things worse."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Mohammed blinked, a little startled at the suddenness of which Celine's eyes had snapped open, her body tense and breathing hitched. This alone told him all that he needed; the nightmares she'd mentioned earlier had plagued her even now. His brow furrowed and his jaw set at that. Was there anything to do for such things at all? Mohammed wasn't sure though his fingers itched to reach for the lamp Djinn called his home. A wish a day after all...

"I had asked if you were hungry," he reiterated once asked to. "Or perhaps you can't handle something so soon after waking."

It was merely a guess. Some people could be like that, he'd known one among his number before he'd been felled by a stray bullet to the neck. A shame, Mohammed had been rather amicable with Khazim before that. He allowed himself a moment to dwell upon that before he focused more fully upon Celine and the moment now.

Rising to his feet, he offered her a hand. As he promised before, if she needed someone her own age to talk things over or to rely upon she could come to him. He had no qualms about it.

"Unless you'd rather remain here for the moment," he offered further.

----[x]----

Already Rekka was digging in the many bags for a sketchpad, one of many. Now it was just a matter of finding a place at the fireside with the others and to start in on the first of many clean pages. But what to draw? Ah, her mind whirled with possibilities!

Her smile grew wider at the mention of years to come to do just that as well as to train. So much to do and to improve at! When was the last time she'd felt like she was doing something with her life rather than just going along with the flow? Too long. The last half-formed dream she'd tried to chase felt like it had been so many years ago. Jeez... too easy was it to get sucked into the rhythm of things.

"Damn straight! I'm gonna get so good my art'll change the world!" she declared. But how? Rekka honestly hadn't thought of how, she'd figure it out along the way, like so many other things she started.

Her eyes lit up and momentarily she paused in her attempt to walk and dig out the packet of pencils. To start training tomorrow? It was about time! Perhaps he was growing increasingly aware of her antsy behavior.

"Oh, now you're just winning me over!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

He seemed a little startled when she shot awake. It was only a moment before she gathered herself again. Celine brushed her hair out of her face. She'd managed a few hours of sleep but it felt like she hadn't gotten any at all.

"Give it some time and I will be," she answered after he repeated what he'd said, "I just need some water right now."

It would help her scratchy throat, clear her head a little bit afterward. If she felt better after that, she'd eat. Celine was thankful that she hadn't had a full blown panic attack yet. Those days, she'd barely eaten at all.

He offered a hand and for a moment, she hesitated. Celine let hers slip into his, letting him pull her to her feet. She felt a wave of dizziness hit her hard then, swaying a little and balanced after.

"I'll be alright. I've gone through worse," she finally assured.

There were bouts here and there when she didn't sleep well for months. It was just the added anxiety that bothered her now.

---- [ x ] ----

Her mind was a whirl with many images that she might want to draw. He didn't mind it, most of them were rather pleasant images. Hao was somewhat fascinated with the little artist. Maybe in time, he'd see more out of her.

Regardless, he neared the camp, greeting those who were around. Hao laughed as she dug through the bag, grabbing whatever it was she needed. She'd sit down near the fire for a while, he was sure.

"I'm sure you'll find a way to do that," he told her lightly, "Who's to say you can't? That kind of determination is what's needed int a new world."

He glanced at the few that littered the camp. In time it would get larger and larger until he had enough to challenge the Shaman Fight once again. Oh, how he longed for that day.

His attention fell onto her again, a pleasant smile on his face. At least Rekka seemed pleased with the outcome of what he had said.

"If I had known this was all that was needed to make you happy, I would have said something sooner," he replied with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Mohammed held out his hands before glancing around the area. He had no water immediately on hand though some nearby was a given. He still wasn't sure where everyone kept things much less their personal items. Everyone seemed to have their preferred spot after all.

"If that's all, let's see to finding you something then," he said anyways. "It won't do much good to just sit here, right?"

He would keep an eye on her, as he'd promised. Unless she asked him not to, anyways. Mohammed had no intent to push boundaries on accident. The only foreigners he'd dealt with before Hao had come to speak to him and gather him up, saving his life in the process even, had been those American soldiers. Who knew if he was overstepping lines?

As he shot another glance over his shoulder he spotted Celine's younger sister approaching, a bounce to her step and something in her hands. Mohammed raised an eyebrow at that before he'd turned back to Celine. Perhaps the younger one intended to aid Celine as well.

"It seems your sister has something for you," he pointed out, turning enough to point at the girl as she approached.

----[x]----

The answer was a pleasing one, one that only boosted Rekka's confidence and determination. The interest alone was enough to want to make her strive to better her skill. For now, however, she'd merely entertain the ideas in her head and get them onto paper before they were all but forgotten.

Every so often, Rekka caught Hao greeting another of the shamans he had gathered, all of them respectful to him. It was strange, given how brash and rude some of them could be too each other. It was almost funny though. Rekka didn't dwell on it long before she flashed Hao a brilliant smile at his observation.

"What can I say? I'm fairly easy to please," she admitted. A pause followed then as she found the packet of pencils, stuffing the corner of it in her mouth long enough to dig out a pack of pens next. "Gimme a moment!"

With that she set the bag of supplies down near the fireside, pad of paper and pens in hand as she darted off towards Celine and Mohammed. Books hadn't been picked up but Celine liked to write. Though the pads of paper had no lines to keep the sentences straight they could still be used as a journal for her thoughts or short stories. Maybe that would help Celine against this demon, if nothing else it was something for her to do.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:53 pm

He was kind, though she wouldn't have expected any less. Something in him wanted to help the weak and right now, though she hated to admit it, she probably looked pretty pathetic. Maybe kicking herself wasn't such a great idea on that matter, however.

"You're very kind," she replied to him, "Thank you."

She didn't get to say much more than that when he pointed out Reks coming closer. She looked happier, that was good. Celine worried about her disposition when it came to her temper lately.

"She tends to not forget about me," she told him quietly, "If anything, I still have that."

Celine couldn't imagine what it would be like if she'd ended up here alone. She wasn't sure if she could have survived it. Celine pushed that thought out of her mind, in favor of Reks.

"It looks like you made out like a bandit," she told her friend, sparing a smile.

"It was something like that!" Hao responded lightly, "She was very particular about what she wanted. It seems Rekka knows quite a bit about art and it's tools. Quite the gift, that is!"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Mohammed spared a small nod to her thanks. It wasn't necessary, he merely wished the best for her and for Celine's well-being to pick up sooner rather than later. Even in the darkening light of evening she seemed too pallid and exhausted. For the time being he did not prod further about it, doing so might only make her resentful.

"Having good family nearby must be a blessing," Mohammed agreed. Anything Celine might have said otherwise was left unsaid as her sister and even Hao came to a stop before them.

Whatever the two had been talking about escaped Rekka's knowledge though she didn't dwell on it much. So long as the pair were getting along then she didn't mind, especially so if Mohammed became someone for Celine to rely upon too. Rekka's days would be busy in the coming years, she knew that, and stress and that business would mean the two couldn't always end up relying on each other every day. Things weren't that simple.

Rekka puffed out her chest, a superior air to her at Hao's comment. "Of course I'm particular! Shoddy tools only provide shoddy product!"

Too many times had Rekka attempted to use a new brand of pencil or paint only to be dissatisfied with the overall result. As such she'd wrestled with herself quite a bit with the unfamiliar brands with a language she couldn't read. That was partly the fault for their late arrival back to camp. All the same, she thought she got what she needed.

Without further adieu, Rekka presented the pens and thick tablet of paper to Celine. It was just one of many she'd picked out, giving one of each away would hardly diminish her supply.

"Here you go, now you can write again."

"So, you like to write then?" Mohammed wondered, eyebrow raised as he turned to Celine. He was certainly taking a bit of an interest in Celine in just one day.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Celine watched as Hao chuckled again. He seemed like he wanted to stick close to Reks and while Celine wouldn't protest about that for now, she'd keep an eye on them. That seemed like the best option. Hao was only using the vast majority here, after all...

It was a moment after did Reks present the notepad and pens to Celine. For a moment, she blinked, surprised by the gift. Eventually she took them, a smile tugging at her lips.

"This will help a lot, thank you Reks," she finally said.

"Rekka told me you were so particular about what you write with," Hao finally said, maybe in somewhat of a teasing manner, "She went through the entire store, pouting when she couldn't find fine tipped pens."

She couldn't help but chuckle a little bit about that. It was the truth and Celine had gone through tons of pens just finding the ones that she was most comfortable with.

"Well, she's not wrong about that," Celine answered. It was then she blinked at Mohammed as he mentioned her interest in writing, "Ah, y-yea, I've been writing on and off since I was about thirteen...Never really had the chance to fill up an entire notebook but maybe now I'll have the chance..."

"Time is a difficult thing to find. Thankfully you'll have plenty of that throughout the years."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Rekka barely had time to smile in answer to Celine's thanks before Hao was teasing Rekka again. She huffed, shooting him a look. He didn't have to go and say that! She had somewhat of an image to maintain, despite physically being stuck as a kid again. God, that would never stop being weird to think about...

"Well, it seems you're certainly in good hands, Celine," Mohammed said. The way he said it though, Rekka wondered if it was meant to be a joke or an amused observation.

"Hey, c'mon! Didn't I just say that shoddy tools beget shoddy product? If Celine's writing is to be amazing she needs the best pens so she's not fussin' about with shitty tools all the time," Rekka justified.

That was even assuming that Celine would want her writings to be read. For all Rekka knew Celine might use the pad of paper as a journal to help vent and sort things out. If that's what helped though, well, Rekka had no complaints. She wasn't going to just leave Celine behind after all.

Rekka shook her head nonetheless, glancing up at Mohammed when he spoke again. He seemed to be taking an interest in Celine though what that interest entailed Rekka couldn't say. If nothing else maybe he'd provide a friend for Celine, who was so like a sister to Rekka.

"And do you have any idea of what you'll write first?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Celine couldn't help but laugh a little at Reks words. Both were particular about the tools they used, so it was no surprise that Reks would pick out what Celine would be most comfortable with. In that way, she was really grateful.

"More so than you know," she commented back.

Reks was always Celine's rock but given her age now, that would have been odd to say. It was still a little shell shocking to see Reks so small...

"I suppose artists would be particular with what they work with," Hao commented with a laugh, "It seems I've struck a slight nerve, forgive me!"

Celine shook her head slightly, an amused scoff leaving her. Hao was taking particular interest in Reks. For now, she wouldn't comment on it. There was no need and she wouldn't risk the chances for Reks here. At least she was happy.

She blinked, glancing up at Mohammed when he spoke, asking if she would write anything in particular. That was honestly a difficult question for her to answer. Stories really just came out of the blue for her.

"Ah, well," she started after a moment, "I'm not really sure yet. Writing is hard. It's never been so convenient that I've been able to finish much. We'll see what happens though."

Motivation was a heavy factor. Ideas were another, not to mention how overly picky she was about plots and their points. Maybe she'd figure it out soon now, with all the time she would have here.

"I'm quite interest in what Reks might draw in the future," Hao commented lightly, "Who knows, she might be quite the famous one in a new world. Entertain that idea, hmmm?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |   | SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP | - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

| SK | To The Stars | 1-on-1 RP |
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next