AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Empty
PostSubject: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Resident Evil:The Side Stories Ch.4 Last of the Halcyon Days (Rosalina)

Just for those that are not familiar with the word, halcyon means "tranquil and free from disturbance." Consider this your free Word of the Day from yours truly.

It was the first day in four weeks that she returned to the Army base in Fort Marwick and already she felt nostalgia about it. She missed this place, in fact if Umbrella wasn't as greedy and time consuming as it was she would be here every day. She would see him every day.

I still want to know just how in the hell this woman has two other jobs on top of being in the Army and is allowed frequently to take off of the military base to go work for two different corporations on a regular basis. When you're apart of the military and you're active duty, as it seems to be that Rosabitch is, than that is your job. You are essentially government property and you do as you're told when you're told. You don't have enough time to go dick around on two other jobs.

"Rosalina?"

She spun around and froze as Ricardo stood there in a Class A, the dark green went oddly well with him as did everything else. His black nametag presented his last name in white letters as his medals gleamed in the morning sunlight; his ribbons were colorful and proud on the dark green attire. She found him most attractive when he wore that look of surprise mixed in with happiness.

Ricardo, I have news for you! In order to appear the most attractive to your future-wife here you must forever wear a look of shock and joy. Good luck perfecting that!
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Ricardowhut

She smiled brightly, "Hola Ricardo, how are you?" although her Spanish accent wasn't thick since she was born here as well, it still gave off that she was Spaniard.

I smell the sickening, cloying stench of filler detail.

Ricardo smiled just as happily, "I'm good, just haven't seen you in so long. Where have ya been Rosie?"

"Oh. Taking care of my abuela." she lied through her teeth and by the look on Ricardo's face he knew she wasn't being completely honest.

"Really?" He tried to get her to talk, ever since Oscar told him that she took off to some unknown location almost all the time he had to know what took up her time.

"Really." She said just above a whisper and if he wasn't as close as he was now, then he wouldn't be able to hear her.

I'm just going to point out that this chapter is already so boring I'm sitting here dancing in my computer chair to my music instead of actively paying attention to what I'm reading on my screen.

Deciding on changing the subject he offered his smile again before looking around them, he saw a couple of soldiers jogging in sync and some others were doing drills.

Where the hell are they even at? In the Corp on Parris Island there is a parade ground where platoons go to perform drills and platoons don't typically jog past near there, they take their runs off on the main roads far from the parade ground.

"So, wanna go out sometime?" he asked as he looked back down at her.

It bothered Rosalina that she was so short; being 5"5 to his 6"0 structure really craned her neck.

Once again we're receiving unnecessary detail to fill out the chapter and it's really killing any mood the Suethor may have been trying to get here.

Wait a minute, did he just ask her out? What about his fiancée?

She furrowed her eyebrows, "What about your fiancée?"

He shrugged not caring, "We broke off our engagement weeks ago."

Inwardly she jumped in joy, she knew it was shallow of her but she couldn't help it for at heart she was a truly shallow person. "Oh, I'm sorry."

He shrugged once again without the care, as though the news didn't bother him. "I realized now how much she really was just a shallow and uncaring person.

Funny that, considering the Suespawn you bring forth unto the world who is even more shallow and uncaring than the woman you just dumped for Rosabitch.

She insulted my mother, and for that I couldn't forgive her."

Rosalina nodded while tucking her hands in her coat pockets,

When I read that line knowing she was on-base every single fiber of my being began just screaming at her to get her hands out of her pockets because in Marine boot camp that's one of the first thing that you are taught is against protocol in looking professional.

"She does seem shallow...

Last I checked insulting someone's parent is rude not shallow or uncaring. Shallow means she would only care about her appearance or the appearance of others and you've been given no examples to show such by Ricardo. Likewise uncaring would insinuate that she doesn't give a fuck about anything, including Ricardo's mother who she insulted which proves she has a low opinion of said mother and thus that she does care.

but anyways I would love too."

Ricardo smiled as he ran his tongue over his dry lips, "Great! I hope you don't mind, we're gonna double date with Oscar and Bethany."

Rosalina tilted her head to the side with a cute grin, "Bethany? He found another girl?"

"Oh yeah, they've been dating now for the past two weeks. Her name is Bethany Newhart."

"A white girl?" she asked amused.

"She's biracial."

It's kind of unnerving how much emphasis the Suethor tends to place on race when she can get the chance in these fics.

"Wow, it’s good that he's moving on." she commented with sincere kindness.

"It's good that I am too." Ricardo whispered. "Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 7?"

Rosalina nodded with a raise of her brow, "Don't be late."

"Wouldn't dare." He grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a couple of years since Ricardo and Rosalina had been dating, to him though it was the best years of his life.

To Rosalina, the short years had their ups and downs.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_4328_1331426589

Not that Ricardo made it worse for her but both Umbrella and Mercury had made it worse. He was the only good thing her life, well that and Oscar and new friend Bethany. In fact not too long after they got together, Oscar and Beth had gotten married and had, well two babies. Twins, the first once born was Leanne then four minutes later came Zachary…the sad tragedy that had fallen on Leanne was that she had been born with ammonia and didn’t make it.

That would have more emotional weight behind it if the text wasn't so dry and void of any feeling.

"Rosie! There you are!" she looked up from her desk and smiled upon seeing Ricardo.

"Hi honey." she said as he bent down and gave her a quick peck on the lips before pulling back and leaning on the desk.

"I need to ask you something Rosie," his voice became serious as she tensed; she had a feeling that he knew. "Are you...working for Umbrella?" he had hesitated obviously not wanting to make her mad at him.

But Rosalina had been expecting this, she sighed while tossing her hair over shoulder while crossing her arms. "Yes and no."

Ricardo was about to open his mouth to speak but she firmly held up her hand to stop him, "Yes I work with Umbrella, but no I'm not their employee."

Bullshit. Working for a corporation, or for anyone really, makes you their employee even if it's a temp job. For the duration that you work for them you are their employee.

His eyebrows furrowed as he reached out and took her arm in his hands, he then trailed them down to cup her left hand. "Then, you are employed under someone else."

She nodded as her brown eyes flicked down to his hands around hers before looking back up at him again, "I work for Mercury."

He nodded slowly never taking his hazel eyes from her brown ones, "So, that's why you would disappear for weeks."

She nodded with a sad smile, "They both are quite demanding."

"Well if they are, then I can be too. If you don't like working for them, and don't bother telling me you do because I can see it on your face after you come back, why don't you quit?"

Because she's a fucking moron just like the Suespawn you both will unleash upon the world soon.

"It's not that simple Ricardo; they pay me top dollars to work for them."

"In creating viruses." she stopped short instantly closing her mouth.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] 130867975344

So Ricardo had known the truth behind both companies, both Umbrella and Mercury were indeed working on bio-weapons. Both were rivals in the industry and both were dangerous as well. Rosalina had hoped he would just stick to knowing that they were in pharmaceuticals and that was that, but no, he knew.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Edbeaba8
No! No! No one but those with clearance to supervise and work on the viral projects knew about these things! Umbrella was very careful with them and not even much of the company knew what their true face was! This is why it was such a shock to everyone when it was revealed that Umbrella was behind the cause of the virus that turned Raccoon City into a hellish apocalyptic city! Everyone was shocked about this! So there is no reason that Ricardo would know this nor would Rosabitch be worried about people suspecting this!

Ricardo seemed to notice her silence and he took it as a sign that he was right, "They do don't they?"

She avoided eye contact and pulled her hand roughly from his grasp, "I have to go." she mumbled before getting up and pushing past him, all the while leaving Ricardo standing there confused.

Once she reached out side in the cold crisp fall air she inhaled a breath before suddenly placing a quick hand on her mouth. She desperately searched for a trash can but ended up running to a nearby bush and ended up puking her guts. This was the fourth time that day, and she knew better then to call it a fever or any other sickness.

She wiped the back of her hand over mouth to rid of the excess fluid before holding her stomach, it had only been a month since she and Ricardo…had…but then again…she didn’t take her pill that day at all.

“Are you inside me baby?” Rosalina whispered softly while still hunching over. “Are you making mommy puke to prove your existence?” she said with a small chuckle.

Wait! Wait! Wait! Hold the phone! The Suespawn is already in utero at this point?!
llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Of_all_the_worst_things____by_metal

She then headed towards her car and straight towards the nearest drug store.

~~~~~~~~

"I'm pregnant." Rosalina repeated a mix of happiness and some unsteadiness as her Doctor looked at her with a confused expression.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Rain

"Yes, your about six weeks. So we won't be able to tell the sex yet."

"I see." she then stood up and grabbed her coat from the nearby hanger but before she could walk out her Doctor placed a gentle hand on her arm.

"You don't want this baby?" she asked innocently before tilting her head slightly.

I have no idea who's asking this.

Rosalina hesitated before turning around to face her, "I do. It's just that...in my line of work...it’s quite demanding."

"I understand. But you need to take it extremely easy Ms. Fidel; too much stress can lead to you having a miscarriage."

I don't think that the Suethor realizes that there is such a thing as maternity leave for women in the military, too, considering the government would not want to be responsible for a mother losing her child due to stress and overworking for the military. In fact there's even a class about this for female recruits in Marine Corp boot camp - Rosabitch would know about this especially considering she is also a nurse.

"I know," she nodded. "I'll have to see what my superiors-"

"If you’re in the Army, I suggest you not become an active soldier."

"It’s not the Army I'm worried about." she said solemnly before shrugging out of the doctor's grasp before leaving.

She was pregnant. She knew it too ever since that week ago when she puked in the bush. It all became clearer and clearer now; she knew Mercury and certainly not Umbrella would be too keen on this idea. But she wasn't going to get rid of it; the baby was a product of her and Ricardo's love.

I have no idea what it is the Suethor is going for here considering that there were families in Umbrella Corp, specifically the Birkin family.

How ironic that she had gotten pregnant before getting engaged first,

Again, not ironic. In fact that's fairly common anymore.

she sighed while keeping focus on the road ahead of her. Her hands clenched to the steering wheel tightly as she moved it towards the left to make a turn. She was thinking about Ricardo and his reaction...him and Leonardo's.

Who the hell is Leonardo!?

No doubt he still loved her, he had told her himself that he did. She nearly missed next turn as her thoughts drifted to Albert. He had a thing for her too.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Fcb

Her features scowled at the thought of both companies telling her it was either her job or her baby. They would too because they were that cruel and self-centered. She was their pawn as much as she hated to admit it and even though they could threaten her with her job they couldn't really fire her.

She was that good of a scientist.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] 551888_428479297218148_101402669_n

Rosalina sighed when the gates of the Army base came into view; the soldier on guard duty immediately recognized her car as soon as she pulled up.

"Hello Rosalina." he greeted with a smile as he bent over to look at her through her rolled down window.

"Hi Jericho, is Rick on sight?" she asked while masking her uneasiness and the nausea creeping up her throat.

"Yeah, he and Oscar are in the fields shooting targets." Jericho said with a slight nod.

"Thanks."

"No problem." he said with a smile before opening the gates for her.

She drove in and hastily parked her car in her reserved space

For whatever reason it really annoys me that she has a reserved space for parking. I don't think she realizes military men and women are often being deployed and moved about to different bases around the world especially since the Army is the one with the most bases abroad.

before turning it off and getting out. She quickly walked over to the gun range that was located in the middle of the training grounds; she spotted her dark haired boyfriend and friend shooting.

Rosalina smiled before walking over to them and she was surprised to see Bethany standing a few feet away from them both. The woman had earmuffs on her head as she watched both men, she smiled before going up and tapping her shoulder.

Bethany jumped and turned around to see her, she instantly smiled before hugging her tightly. "Hi Rosa! How are you?!" she shouted over the firing bullets as Rosalina herself jumped at every pop.

“Good!" she shouted back before gesturing to the benches a good twenty feet away. "Can I talk to you?!"

"Of course girl!" Beth shouted back before they both walked over to the benches. Beth sat down as Rosalina sat down beside her. "So what's going on?"

Rosa smiled at how Bethany seemed to always have a radiant smile, "I'm pregnant."

Beth's smile grew as she hugged her again, "Congratulations! Oh I'm so happy for you!"

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_3488_1330994247

she tore away before noticing the woman's frown. "What's wrong?"

Rosalina shifted uneasily before licking her chapped lips, "I'm not sure how my boss will react. I'm afraid."

"Oh Rosa, it's gonna be okay. This baby is important to you and Ricardo...it is his right?"

She laughed before pushing her slightly, "Of course!"

It's really, really entertaining to me that Bethabitch even entertained the notion that Rosabitch's baby was someone else's. Unfortunate Implications indeed.

"Ok," Beth smiled before turning back to watching her husband and Rick continue to shoot while laughing with one another. "So what's the problem?"

"You know how my bosses are. For both Mercury and Umbrella..."Unbeknown to Rosalina, Bethany had flinched from the mention of Mercury.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Tumblr_m6mzqjbH8g1rr7c36

"They'll probably want me to have a… you- know- what."

You know what, Suethor? If the word 'abortion' is just too damn much for your delicate constitution than don't bring the issue up. Likewise don't try to give me that bullshit that it's all because Rosabitch doesn't like the word or thought - she's a nurse in the medical field for the Army. She would not be so iffy about saying abortion at the very least.

"So don't. Don't even think about it, that is your baby." Bethany quickly answered. "Forget them. All they did was take you away from your family, this baby is not gonna be without her mother and father. Who cares what they say, I know the pay is well but..." she placed a hand on hers. "You’re gonna be a mother, that's your top priority now."

Everything Beth said made sense and Rosalina knew that. "Thanks your right."

"Rosie," Rick said as he and Oscar slowly walked over to where they were seated. "Are you okay?" he asked with much concern as he took her hand in his own.

Rosalina smiled before passing a glance over at Beth and Oscar, she turned back to Ricardo before biting her lip with the smile still on her face. "I'm pregnant." She said for the fourth time that day.

I'm getting really, really sick of seeing that phrase.

It was silent for a moment before Ricardo's worried frown turned into a big grin, "Really?! I mean, we're gonna have a baby...I'm gonna be a dad?"

Rosalina nodded, "I'm gonna quit Mercury and Umbrella." she stated.

Even after all of her pissing and moaning that they wouldn't let her go. Suethor, you have no idea who to properly utilize a red herring, stop trying.

Ricardo then hugged her tightly, pulling her to his chest. He pulled back a little before placing his large hand on her cheek tenderly while looking in her brown eyes. "You sure?"

"The doctor said too much stress and I can have a miscarriage." she said glumly.

He licked his lips before placing a kiss on her forehead, "That is a wise idea mi amor, but..." he trailed off before taking his hand off her cheek as it delved deep into his pants pocket.

Oscar smiled knowing exactly what Ricardo was gonna do next, "Beth get the camera ready." he whispered to his wife as she looked back at him while holding it up to his eye level.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_5229_1332009204

"Already ahead of you," she whispered before looking back at them. "Zachary's gonna have a playmate." she gushed.

Rosalina was curious as to what Ricardo was doing but as soon as he pulled out a purple velvet box did she catch on. "Rosalina," he began before taking her left hand in his. "Will you marry me?"

She looked from him to the box and without another second longer she smiled, "Yes!"

I feel like I should build a time machine and go back to stop this atrocity from happening. Or at the very least go back to the time of conception and perform the douchbaggy cock blocking maneuver. Stupid fucks didn't even use any birth control or condoms.

He opened the box and took out the silver diamond ring and placed it on her ring finger. Rosalina hugged him before placing her lips on his and capturing him in a passion filled kiss.

For something that's supposed to be joyous and exciting it sure is lacking any and all emotional weight and feeling behind it.

"Alright picture time!" Beth announced before readying the camera to eye level. "Ready?!"

They pulled away before turning towards her; Rosalina wrapped her arms around his neck as Ricardo's arms were holding her by her waist.

Once the camera took the photograph it displayed the happy couple expecting their first and only child.

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Thatssotrue_11017_1337280269
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner : llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] 172

PostSubject: Re: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 am

What kinda person asks that?! I am taking note that when I am with child, and I am throwing up because I know for a fact that is it, and I know for a fact that their existence is well know, I am not going to do that crap to them. I am sorry but that was one of the stupidest.......... Caught myself there, but still that has to be in the top list.
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 am

ADreamingEmi wrote:
What kinda person asks that?! I am taking note that when I am with child, and I am throwing up because I know for a fact that is it, and I know for a fact that their existence is well know, I am not going to do that crap to them. I am sorry but that was one of the stupidest.......... Caught myself there, but still that has to be in the top list.
Yeah, it's more than clear at this point that Gabby15cancer has no idea how reality works and what a realistic reaction to anything actually is.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner : llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] 172

PostSubject: Re: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 am

Mother Fox wrote:
ADreamingEmi wrote:
Yeah, it's more than clear at this point that Gabby15cancer has no idea how reality works and what a realistic reaction to anything actually is.

For real, if I found out I was expecting, and didn't expect it, I would probably break down, and have a 'oh fuck' fest and cry. No probables to it that is the reality of it. She is just ridiculous. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]   llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

llegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [45.5 - ASIDE]
Page 1 of 1