AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
A place to call home Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
A place to call home Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
A place to call home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
A place to call home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
A place to call home Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
A place to call home Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
A place to call home Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
A place to call home Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
A place to call home Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
A place to call home Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
A place to call home Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
A place to call home Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

A place to call home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moonprincess
TK Baha
TK Baha
moonprincess

PokéPartner : A place to call home Rapidash_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a494r

A place to call home Empty
PostSubject: A place to call home   A place to call home Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Ashaani woke to find a warm breakfast at her bedside. "Eat. We have a long way back to Stormwind." The man said watching her from a chair near the window. Her eyes wandered to the familiar voice. A voice she hadn't heard for a long time. "Varian?! What are you doing here? Where are we?" She asked. "Why are we going to Stormwind?" Her mind began to wonder as she tried to figure out where they were. 

"You don't remember do you?" He asked her, moving from the chair to the bedside.
"Remember what?"
 "Lordearon has fallen." Varian's eyes shifted to the window. "Arthas has disappeared. I found you wandering through the mountains there." 
Varian's finger pointed and Ashaani's eyes followed. "I don't remember..." She said looking back to the fire. "The inn keeper said there is nothing but scourge up there. I was able to heal something inside of you but I'm only assuming that was from your exhaustion. You collapsed less than half way up." 
Ashaani looked at her hands and felt her forehead for fever. "I feel fine. I just don't remember any of that happening." She said looking down at her hands again. "No one knows whats happened to Arthas..." She began. "Does that mean...?" Ashaani stopped. She didn't want to finish her sentence as Varian shook his head. 

"No, it doesn't. But something's not right. Can you remember anything since you left Lordearon?" He asked her. Ashaani thought for a moment and shook her head. "No, the last thing I remember happening is his return home. I asked him what happened...he looked so different. His hair was white and his eyes looked so tired..." She looked at Varian once more. "And what did he say?" 
The woman paused for a moment before she answered the question. "That it was from much war." 

She hung her head almost in shame. "He killed many for the sake of protecting his people. He thought if he purged Stratholm we would be safe from the scourge. Uther and Jana left. They wouldn't see him do it." Ashaani closed her eyes as a single tear fell. "I stayed. I watched hundreds of people die and it was for nothing." 
Varian put an arm around her. "That was not your decision. You stayed loyal to him and that is nothing to be ashamed of. He did what he thought was best for the greater good." In his heart Varian didn't agree with what Arthas had done either but lying for the sake of Ashaani's comfort was something he was willing to do. Still, he did not blame her for what happened that day and even he would give anything to have that loyalty. "You once said that if I ever wanted to come home...to Stormwind...I would always have a place with you there..." 

Varian tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "That I did." He told her softly. 
"Does that still stand?" She asked him hoping he would allow her to stay. She was alone and all she wanted right now was comfort from a friend who could understand what she was going through. Varian understood all too well and shook his head. "You can stay as long as you like."
She smiled up at him and put her arms around him, thankful to have such a friend. 
"Eat. We have a great deal of travel ahead and this will be your only decent meal for a while." 

Back to top Go down

A place to call home
Page 1 of 1