AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Grenin10

[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 pm

She might have looked tired but she at least was able to joke about. That was something of a relief. Most would have been far too irritated to really do or say anything. Some just went to bed early. None of that surprised Jack.

"Confident, I like that!" he replied after a moment, "At least you're getting your footing here!"

He rubbed his jaw, grateful for the brief compliment. Flirting was something of a normality for him. When he saw someone he liked, he went for it. Given that Moxxi was out of life, he could move on as well.

"You've got good taste," he teased in response, a smirk tugging at his lips.

At least she could flirt back. It had been a while since he had an eye on anyone. This was a nice change of pace, distracting him a little from the mundane tasks and his bosses abuses. There was still a matter of her not being in any system however...

For now, he put it out of his mind, motioning to her then, "Apart from the quote on quote 'fabulous new job', what do you generally like?"

It was a good start at least. Getting to know each other was something of a good first step after all.

-----| x |-----

Zer0 didn't part with much. The mask that obstructed whatever features he hid left her wondering what he might have been thinking. The long beat of silence only made her wonder if he was considering things at this point.

She blinked at him when he finally answered but nothing more. There were going to be a lot of things she'd just have to get used to. Driving, shooting, and she hated the thought but possible killing, were all among what she'd need to know.

She tried not to dwell on the worst of it for now. Having lived a rather sheltered life, this would all be rather hard for her in the end.

At least they were nearly out of the town. That didn't stop the glances in their direction however. Naeva was convinced the only thing that kept these people at bay was Zer0. If she'd been alone, she probably would have been dead long ago.

"Most of what I do like probably wouldn't be fit for this place," she finally replied.

She felt that was true enough. Brutality and killing just seemed like a far step for a book worm. Naeva had wanted a quiet life. It seemed like she wouldn't be experiencing that here.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 509

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 pm

It wasn’t a surprise that Jack confessed to liking confident women. Considering he’d dated Moxxi and, later, Nisha, she would have been surprised if that was a rarity. Naira would have honestly been shocked, actually, if he actually liked girls who lacked in confidence. Nonetheless she shook the thought aside. There wasn’t much reason to go on thinking about those things.

She waved a dismissive hand at the comment, as if to pass it by entirely. She shouldn’t be getting close and flirty with Jack like this, not when she knew what he was capable of—or would be capable of. ’He’s my only line of safety here though,’ she pointed out to herself. Why she kept arguing with herself over this Naira couldn’t say.

Responding to Jack’s comment might only further that internal debate and so she waited for him to say something more. It didn’t take long, thankfully, though he seemed to want to know more about her again. ’I shouldn’t be surprised, what with using Angel—‘ Naira’s thoughts froze then.

She’d forgotten about Angel! Had he already tried to use his daughter to seek information on Naira? If he had there was no way there was anything to find. … Did he know that already?

Despite the worrying thoughts Naira didn’t let them show. Instead she fussed with her bangs and gave a sheepish grin. It wasn’t like she was an interesting gal, after all.

“Oh, you know, not much aside from being a reclusive gamer!” she answered rather dismissively.

----[x]----

Much of the walk was in silence as it was now. Perhaps that was a good thing though Zer0 could hardly tell at this point. He had no prior information about Naeva—her habits, personality, flaws, etc.—or even what had happened to her. For all Zer0 knew she might be acting this way out of shock for her situation. It was a good guess at least given Naeva’s self-proclaimed pacifism.

He only casually dropped that she must have other likes, if only to keep her calm and focused on something other than the leers. It didn’t seem t work given her response. Zer0 shook his head; there was really only so much he could do for now.

“We shall see.”

The answer was a simple one but then Zer0 saw no need for anything complicated. Something like that might only make matters worse while Naeva was still so jumpy, even with him by her side for protection. In time that might change but for now Zer0 would take care.

“For now we focus on moving and searching,” Zer0 continued after a brief pause. It was the best they could do, especially so if Naeva really did have plans to locate her friend and find out what happened to her.

The prospect of a siren being the cause of this, however unlikely, would be enough to drive Zer0 on. He had yet to try his hand at combating one after all.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 11:06 pm

She had gone from relaxed to uncomfortable for a brief moment. Jack had raised an eyebrow at that. Maybe he had stumbled onto something. Of course, poking about a little more would be beneficial. He needed to figure out what was happening.

"A gamer, huh?" he started, a grin tugging at his lips, "What kind of games?"

Why did she look so nervous again? It was a brief flicker. This girl really was a mystery. Who knew. Maybe she had amnesia. Maybe there were deeper issues here.

Jack found himself more and more wanting to get to the bottom of all of his. He could only really wait to see how this would go explaining things. After all, merely being reclusive didn't result in a database having nothing on her.

"Still doesn't explain where you came from," he pointed out after a moment, "No secrets here. I won't tell anyone else. Cross my heart."

Of course, it was said only to get his answers but he would keep the information close. Anyone else who might come across it would be potentially dangerous for the both of them.

-----| x |-----

He didn't say much. Maybe she should have expect that. For the moment, this didn't keep her mind from whirling. Even after the rest, she couldn't take her mind off of her worries. Home was too far away.

They would simply search, it would seem. Naeva was losing hope in finding Naira. After all, if she had been around here, wouldn't have someone caused a commotion like they had her? Sure, Naira knew more about survival but all of this place was unfamiliar.

"Well...I suppose that's the most I can do," she finally answered.

There wasn't much. Naeva might have held a pistol but she had no idea how to use it. She doubted she could even take a life without crushing guilt. True, Zer0 had claimed not one bandit here would think twice. She couldn't let go of her morals.

Isn't that what made her human?

Naira felt her stomach twist a little, nervous. What was going to happen at the end of all of this? She was afraid to find out.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:10 am

His grin seemed to grow as he prodded her further about her hobby. Well, she supposed indulging in her hobby wasn’t going to hurt anything, not if she remained vague about it all at least.

“Oh, rpgs, third-person shooters, shooters, hack and slash, action-adventure—I play a little bit of everything if the story’s interesting enough,” she relented.

It wasn’t so surprising what he said next though Naira had dreaded the topic coming up again. If Angel hadn’t drudged anything up on her this really did mean that she was in this new world, forever away from home. That was a bit of a lonely feeling even if she hadn’t had much back home except for Naeva. ’Jeez, I hope she’s okay.’

‘Cross his heart,’ a strange phrase to hear from him but not so surprising, given his personality. Even as the psychopath she knew him as Jack had been a bit of a jokester. All the same it wasn’t like she could just tell him. He already had ambitions, that much was clear, and if he learned of multi-verses being a thing then who knew what he might try if and when he finally snapped?

“Yeeeeah, don’t think I trust you that much,” she pointed out finally. After a moment she muttered “so pushy.”

----[x]----

She’d grown quiet again, perhaps sullen over the situation she was in. Zer0 could not blame her though it might make things difficult. In time he would need to figure things out to make things easier on her and thus him. Still, until her mind was wrapped around what was going on in her life now it might be a losing battle.

Zer0 wasn’t sure what possessed him to though he found his hand falling to her back, perhaps in reassurance. Was it the way she was so meek in comparison to those he usually faced. It was a strange sentiment and one he did not dwell on long for now.

“Tell me of your friend. Perhaps it might distract you. Only if you wish.”

It might take her mind from things anyways. Still, there was much to learn of her and her ways. He was increasingly aware of such things though he could try all the same. Perhaps out of that bandit-infested city would ease her mind as well. Her friend was clearly not there and so it was one less place to worry about.

Now he could only wait, allowing his hand to drop back to his side. He wasn’t one for much touching, it was strange he’d even done so now, after all. Still, she seemed the type to appreciate such things. If it kept her calm and content he would do what he could, within reason.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Naira was smart enough. She responded simply, nothing specific. He knew that could mean that she might know what's actually out there but Jack wouldn't jump to conclusions. For all he knew, he was just paranoid.

"Sounds like you really were a recluse," he answered, raising a brow, "No wonder you're as pale as a sheet. Did you ever see the sun?"

It was said in a joking manner. Really, he wanted to make her more comfortable. Naira didn't seem like the open type. Jack needed to find a way to get her to break those walls a little. He had to figure out what was going on.

She rose her brow at him after he had made his promise. Surprisingly, she denied it, not wanting to answer his question. Wasn't his charm enough to break those walls? Man, this was going to take some time!

"Aw, come on!" he protested, keeping his voice light, "Haven't I been nice? You scratch my back, I scratch yours, huh?"

Still he received nothing but a look. Jack heaved a sigh, running a hand through his hair before he continued, "Look, I've gotta figure out just where you came from. Otherwise we're both stuck on what to tell people later on. Your entire employment here is pretty much made up as it is."

-----| x |-----

Naeva really couldn't think of anything to say for the longest time. It wasn't as if he was the talkative type, it seemed. She didn't quite mind. Maybe she would just try to sort herself out.

Her thoughts were broken however when his hand touched her back. Naeva tensed for a moment, blinking up at him. The question was unexpected. As she calmed, she shrugged a little.

"She's reckless," she finally said, "Sarcastic, but didn't get out much. Neither of us did, so in terms of being too sociable, we're rather...stunted."

There wasn't much to say. Naira could be hard to describe. They both were, with all of their individual issues, flaws, and personality traits. The list could go on and on if she could think of everything.

"I'm sure we would have heard of her last night if she was here," Naeva finally explained, "She would have caused trouble a long time ago, especially if someone tried to threaten her."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:23 am

Naira couldn’t stop the sigh from escaping her. She didn’t look that pale did she? Still, she couldn’t deny not having wandered out all that much if she didn’t feel like it. Her odd sleeping habits between jobs probably hadn’t helped that either…

“You figured me out, I’m really a vampire,” she joked dryly.

It seemed the jokes weren’t to stay for too long. Jack had changed the topic, prying for more answers. But would giving him what he sought now a good idea or not? Naira didn’t know and that worried her immensely. Just how swept up in his plans would she end up getting?

She merely shot him a look, not wishing to dwell on those thoughts now. There was plenty of time at night, when she needed to sleep for that. Even that didn’t deter him, however. Instead he’d sighed, trying for a more serious tactic. Naira heaved another sigh, debating on what to say.

Eventually she dropped her feet from the desk with an audible ‘thump’. Her arms crossed over her chest, she wasted no time in answer this time. “That so? Well, as appreciative as I am for that aid, I don’t think that kind of information is going to do anyone any good. So just make something up!”

If Naira had her way she wasn’t planning on staying here long anyways. The first opportunity she had she’d take to head out and try to find out if something happened to Naeva as well. For now she had to play her cards correctly but Jack was making that increasingly difficult. Was he aware of that? He had to be with how persistent he was.

“Besides that, I don’t think you’d even believe me if I did tell you anyways,” she spat out.

----[x]----

Well, that certainly made sense. It explained Naeva’s behavior and reasoning to him more than she might know. At any rate he’d also know what to keep an eye out for as they sought out her friend. Still, it wasn’t a lot to go on but he’d worked with less before. Certainly if this friend was as reckless as Naeva said they’d easily find her if they were in the same area.

“If that is what we must search for it will be all the easier,” Zer0 told her. At least in terms of if she was nearby. There was no telling even if she’d fall prey to joining the bandit scum of whatever place she’d found herself in either. These thoughts were left unsaid for Naeva’s sake however.

He spared a quick peek at her as they once again left this damnable city. There was nothing for either of them here and thus Zer0 was not sad to have it left behind them. Now it was merely facing what awaited them in the wilds and wastes while they traveled.

“I am sure rumors will spread and we will find out where she may be,” he assured. A strange sentiment from his lips yet one he offered all the same. A paranoid, stressed partner would do him no good, especially so as he needed to teach her to defend herself still.

For now finding a vehicle to use was for the best, to traverse distances at a safer, quicker rate. There was no way he was going to be able continue traveling on foot with her as things were now.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Jack shifted his weight a little. She really was curious. Whatever she was hiding, it wasn't information she was going to give up easily. Jack had to wonder why that was. There were a number of possibilities but she didn't seem like she was here to spy on the company.

He snorted at her response before he spoke again, "Vampire, right. Well, at least I'll know if someone's trying to nibble on my neck tonight."

The look she shot him was a skeptical one. Jack expected nonetheless at this point. He was trying to pry information from her right now. Of course she'd appear untrusting of him. Anyone who knew this company would be wary.

What she had to part with, while not brightening his view any, was a little interesting. No one would believe her, would they?

"If you're trying to sway my interest, you've just entirely lost that now," he replied with a playful shrug of his shoulders, "I've seen my fair share of weird things, so try me."

Something told him he might not get that information no matter what he did or said. There was a certain mistrust there. Why that was, Jack couldn't say. For all he knew she was just paranoid and wary.

"Come on," Jack finally pressed after a long pause, "What's the worst you've got to loss?"

-----| x |-----

Whatever he thought of her answer, she couldn't tell. A mask over his face, his expression was completely unknown to her. Naeva was left wondering if that had been helpful or not.

His answer provided her with little. Maybe he was being genuine about it or maybe he was just saying it to reassure her. She really couldn't quite tell. His tone was often rather samey. The most she could really do was believe him.

"You really think so?" she inquired after a moments thought.

Who knew. Naira might have been reckless but she was smart too. For all Naeva knew, her friend had long since gotten out of whatever drab city she was in and taken off. She was resourceful. She knew what she was doing, unlike Naeva.

Worry would eat away at her regardless of what might have been said. Wherever Naira ended up, Naeva just hoped she was safe. This place was too much for either of them to handle, she had already witnessed that much.

Naeva followed after quietly, mostly keeping an eye on the surroundings. She was jumpy as it was. She didn't need some bandit trying to make it worse. Even audible shouts made her tense or flinch when some rowdy bunch ran by.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:22 pm

She hadn’t been working to get his interest to dwindle, if anything that was very well what was keeping her safe. He wanted that information for himself, that much was obvious. Jack wasn’t going to go about letting someone else get it or to get rid of her until he had it. As such goading him on, even if it would grow annoying to be pestered about it, would be in her best interest as well.

“On the contrary, you being so interested works in my favor,” she pointed out. “You seem hellbent on that info and if that’s the case then I have a modicum of a safety net while I’m here.” Rather petulantly she stuck her tongue out at him then. A bit of a challenge never hurt anyone and if that was the case maybe it’d just ensure her safety here further.

There was a long pause that followed after that and Naira swore she could see the gears turning in his head in that time. What was he thinking? He was a man full of plans, surely he’d come up with something. Naira only worried what kind of plans would actually work in his favor…

Eventually he pressed for that information again. It was a pretty weak attempt from what she’d expected. She heaved a sigh, tossing her hair over her shoulder a she did.

“Lots of things, actually! Let me count the ways!” Without further adieu, she promptly began ticking them off on her fingers as she listed them off without Jack’s answer. “My perceived sanity, my tenuous safety, my ability to locate someone else, my ability to gather up supplies easily, my ability to get a decent meal—need I go on?”

----[x]----

It took her some time to reply to that. In the meantime he could feel her eyes on him, studying him. Zero was confident that she would receive less than what she sought with this observation. It was always the same after all. If nothing else it would only leave her more frustrated or worried.

“I do,” he said simply. There was no need to go further about it. In time, Naeva would see for herself.

For now he wanted to focus on procuring a vehicle, even if it meant snatching one right from a group of bandits. It would not be so difficult, so long as the bandits in question were lax or drunk. The only wild card here was Naeva… He hummed shortly at that. Perhaps it would not be so easy after all… A shame, really.

“For now we have other things to worry about,” he pointed out. For Naeva to remain so focused on her friend when she was not here would only serve as a distraction. Zero couldn’t afford to make up for that.

He did not spare a glance at her again at that. Surely he did not need to explain the dangers out there if she were to remain distracted as such. She’d seen a bit of it already.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 am

She seemed content to withhold information. In fact, she seemed downright happy to. She had a point in it all. If Naira withheld information, it wouldn't be doing him any good. She would be able to lord it over his head, keep herself safe.

For once, he was stumped. He couldn't get information from Angel as it was. Naira was a mystery to him right now.

Jack raised his hands as if that might placate her. Naira knew how to play the game well, it seemed. She certainly wasn't as naive as he would have believed.

"Alright, alright," he answered, a light bump in his tone, "You've got me. I can't really do anything without you telling me anything. I'm stuck."

That's the worst thing about it. Jack didn't like not having a one up on everyone he came across. It just made things easier for him when he needed it. Being stepped on was all too familiar in his life.

He shook the thought away when Naira cheerfully drew his attention once again. The things she listed off, as playful as they were, only left his curiosity burning all the more. If she was trying to quash it, it certainly wasn't working.

"You're killing me here," he answered quickly after that, "Come ooooon. I'm dying over here!"

Beg as he may, even if it was in a bantering manner, he had his doubts that he'd be getting those answers. If he had to say, it actually hurt a little to know he didn't have something on her.

-----| x |-----

What was offered wasn't much but maybe she should have expected as such. Within the game, she was well aware of Zer0's nature. Actually dealing with it, however? It left her very uncertain.

Walking was mostly done in silence. The most she could do was keep an eye on things. No one had outright attacked them and for that, she was grateful. Naeva didn't like to think she'd be forced to use the pistol at her side already...

His warning was simple enough. It was easier said than done but she tried to focus on the matters at hand. The bandits around them could grow violent at any moment, for all she was aware.

"I know..." she answered simply.

Her stomach was twisted in knots. Still she tried to keep her mind off of Naira and more on what was around her. It wasn't easy. There was no preparing for this so she felt confused and down right terrified.

"What's the plan, then?" she decided to ask, hoping that it was at least something concrete. Leaving here would have been preferable.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 5:34 pm

To have the man who’d become Handsome Jack at a loss because of her was rather odd to think about. She wasn’t a powerful individual nor incredibly clever. Naira was the type who merely ran with things as they happened. Perhaps that worked in her favor now only because it seemed he could not find information he wanted on her through Angel.

It was almost funny to see him resort to begging her for that information. Funny and sad, really. Naira regarded him with a raised brow at his attempt. Did he really think that was going to be enough?

“Well, I’m sure you’ll find a way to cope,” she said simply. “Besides, I’ve got nothing to gain by screwing you over and that information isn’t going to help you any anyways.”

If anything Jack was her only line of defense here, even if he was kind of a dorky fellow. In this space station he seemed like one of the lead men. So long as his bosses didn’t come for some kind of visit things would be fine. At least Naira hoped it would be.

She waved a dismissive hand at his attempt to get her to spill the beans again. “Seriously, chill out. There are easier ways for me to get what I want then by screwing you over. I’m too lazy for complex crap like that.”

----[x]----

What was the plan? Zer0 would have thought that was easy enough to figure out. Perhaps she expected a more carefully laid out plan however. If that were the case Naeva was to be sorely disappointed. With no information here the best they could do was move to the next area and start anew for information of her friend.

“Simple. We move on, find a vehicle and then a new place to seek information,” he answered anyways.

If need be he would leave Naeva someplace safe and get that vehicle. She was clearly highly averse to using that pistol of his after all. It would be far quicker that way. But would she allow him to without a fuss? Enough situations with these bandits might make her wary of being alone for even a moment if they were out and about in the area.

Truthfully, Zer0 had to wonder what she had thought he had in mind. There was nothing here; they both knew that, so why would she ask as if it was possible they’d remain? Zer0 couldn’t figure her out. Her passive nature might very well lead to that problem however.

“What had you expected?”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Jack wasn't getting any information out of her. She seemed rather lax about that as well. Whatever information she kept to herself, his curiosity only burned. It might not have not done anything for him but he still wanted to know.

Jack groaned loudly, showing his displeasure even with that answer. It couldn't have been easy, could it? At least the woman was clever. If it had been anyone else, he might have been rather annoyed.

"You kind of suck, you know that?" he pointed out playfully.

Naira seemed to be pleased with the entire situation, a smirk tugging at her lips. If Jack could allow himself to pout, he would have. He'd just have to go about it in other ways.

"I may not live," he mused lightly, shrugging, "You could be killing me right now, you know."

Jack snorted lightly at her words. Well that was comforting news. At least he had an idea of what he could do now. If she didn't like overly complex things, this might be easier than he thought. If only to quash his curiosity, he would do what he had to.

"Lazy, huh?" he echoed lightly, "Wouldn't have guessed it, the way you freaked out over an skewed rectangle, you've got there."

-----| x |-----

Plans seemed simple enough. At least in words. Naeva expected the worst however. It was a bad habit. Her mind often always flashed to the worse case scenario. Knowing where she was on top of it? How could something not go wrong?

Naeva tried to put her mind off of it for the time being. At least things were hashing themselves out. Being optimistic might have been difficult but at least right now, she wasn't alone.

When he asked what else she expected, she blinked up at him. Naeva waved a hand, as if to try and push the conversation aside. It didn't seem like he was annoyed but...best not step on any toes.

"No, no," she answered quickly, "I just...I wanted to have an idea is all."

That was the most she could think to say. Really, she did want to have an idea. Even if Naeva didn't like the idea of fighting, at least being in the loop helped. That seemed like the rational thing, right? In this world, maybe it wasn't.

Naeva cleared her throat awkwardly, letting her hand fall back to her side. It brushed by the shield he had found for her, something of an odd feeling. That would take a while to get used to.

"I'm...uh...not exactly much to work with," she finally added after a moment. Naeva couldn't imagine she'd get behind the idea of killing here.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Naira couldn’t help it, her mind jumped to the most perverse conclusion at the mention of ‘suck’ and an amused snort escaped her before she’d managed to hide it behind her hand. It was all she could do to keep the comment in even as Jack mentioned something about the lack of knowledge killing him.

“The struggle is real, I’m sure,” she managed to say. Little might he know that it held more meaning to her keeping that perverted comment to herself. As such it was with some amount of relief that he was still picking at her to distract her from it.

It was the comment about the stupid box that drew her mind from the current ‘problem’. She sat up straighter, gesturing between the two of them as she spoke, free hand reaching for the screwed up paper box. It really was a sad looking thing even before she’d partly crumpled it in frustration earlier.

“Okay, the difference between what I get from you isn’t goin’ ‘round for the whole world to see! … To my knowledge! This box and what’s going on the shitty box? That gets to affect my future job clientele offers! Shitty box is no bueno!”

A moment passed in which she was quite sure Jack thought this was highly hilarious. Maybe it was the fact that someone was actually getting visibly upset about a stupid box that did it. Heck, she’d probably be laughing it were anyone else but her. Instead of dwelling on that she instead offered him the crumpled, skewed box.

“In fact, have the shitty box. It is my very heartfelt gift to you.”

----[x]----

Finding a vehicle that might be easier said than done. He hadn’t seen any of those contraptions to spawn a vehicle for him. What were they christened, ‘Catch a Ride’? That sounded about right. Zer0 had yet to see one in these parts. Perhaps it had been scrapped or destroyed by the locals. Or the one who owned it had removed it from these fools’ use. All Zer0 knew was that it made things difficult for him now.

Despite his thoughts he did take a moment to spare a nod in Naeva’s direction. It would not do either of them good to ignore her after all. If keeping her knowledgeable on plans eased her mind then Zer0 would make a conscious effort to do so. Better this odd bit of change in his MO then to make her difficult to work with by some imagined slight.

Closer to the wastes like this, Zer0 would have found one by now. It looked like they would need to resort to theft. Well, he had no problems with that, especially so if it came from lowly bandits in the first place.

Thoughts were scattered once more as Naeva spoke up yet again. Well, she certainly seemed self-aware. Then again it wasn’t as if Zer0 knew much about her either.

“In time might change. We will just wait and see. Until then we move,” Zer0 answered simply enough.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 12:16 am

For a moment, Jack could only raise an eyebrow at her reaction. It was only a moment later did he seemed to understand where her mind had went. A snort of amusement left him after that.

"You would think about that, wouldn't you?" he jested in response, "Not like I mind! Every girl wants this, after all!"

Of course, that was a bit of a lie but why not stretch the truth a bit. Nothing wrong with that. The way she rolled her eyes told him enough as it was. She wasn't impressed and he didn't expect her to be.

The thought was there and gone when she started on about that design once again. That tangent was just so ridiculous, so hilarious, he couldn't help but laugh. There was no point in trying to subdue it!

"Oh, thank you!" he replied, his voice seeming to jump wit each chuckle, "I'll treasure this esqued square forever! Maybe I'll even frame it!"

This woman was such a breath of fresh air. Strange was he was, no information on her, and simply appearing out of no where? Jack found he didn't quite mind! Naira was quite the personality to keep up with!

-----| x |-----

Things were mostly quiet. Maybe that was for the best. Naeva wasn't exactly sure where they would go or even what most plans for the future was. She just had to accept it. That was difficult, especially so when she didn't really have the time to.

With every step, they grew closer and closer back to the wastelands. Naeva didn't want to think that they would be walking out there. Somehow, she figured that would be the case if they didn't find a vehicle...

In time, he spoke up once more. The words were simple and short, just like before. Naeva could only offer a shrug in response. Who knew if things would change. Really, she hadn't wanted to change. Now? She might just be forced to.

"I can't say I've muddled through worse..." she finally answer, "This probably takes the cake."

It was the truth. While he might not understand a quiet life, she did. Naeva wasn't sure she was going to be able to adjust. All that could really be done is wait and see. Naeva wasn't really sure she could harden herself to this way of life...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 pm

It certainly didn’t take long for Jack to figure out where her mind had swan dived into. Granted, given what she knew about him before this whole mess started, that didn’t surprise Naira any. She resisted a roll of the eyes at his response to it however. She did walk right into that one after all.

All the same, she couldn’t let that go without some kind of comeback.

“Oh, but I’m a woman, not a little girl, Jackie,” she retorted, offering a cheeky smile and an exaggerated bat of the eyelashes afterwards.

The goofiness didn’t last all that long before he was teasing her about her behavior moments ago however. Even so he still seemed far too amused about it even as Naira bothered to explain. His laughter seemed genuine however, something Naira was no stranger to. Hadn’t Naeva always laughed like that whenever Naira had gotten on like this after all?

Naira couldn’t help but to scoff in good humor, attempting to mask it by rubbing a hand over her mouth briefly. She was all too aware that it did little good.

“I’mma hold you to that!” she declared with a brief clap of her hands moments later. “Next time I’m in your office it better be in a pretty little glass box!”

----[x]----

Quieter and quieter, this was how Naeva was behaving the more the discussion progressed. Perhaps in time Zer0 might figure out a way to keep her more at ease but for now he was at a loss. Besides, there were more important matters at hand and they both knew it. Such things could be dealt with later, perhaps at a time when Zer0 knew for sure if this endeavor was even really worth it in the long run.

“So far,” he tacked on for her. This was added rather absently, perhaps further distracted by the thoughts still swirling about his mind. There was still so much to learn and to sort out.

There was a reason she would need to eventually need to learn some form of defense. It was either that or for her to lie low somewhere and Zer0 could not be sure she would even agree to such a thing. Not if she were very determined in personally trying to find leads to her friend along the way.

“In time you will learn. There is no other way now, merely keep going,” Zer0 pointed out again. Perhaps it was a crude thing to say but it was necessary. One way or another Naeva would need to learn even if she did not abandon her morals in the process.

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 2:45 pm

A woman, right! She looked far too young even if that were true. A baby face to match the rest of it. Naira probably could have passed for a kid if she really wanted to! Woman or not, she really didn't look it! Maybe that was just something that he could tease her with some more.

"Woman, right," he replied with the wave of his hand, "That's one hell of a baby face for a 'woman'!"

It was obvious that she was trying to hide away that smile, a scoff leaving her instead. At this point, what was the point? She seemed to be enjoying herself in some way or another.

"Pffft, maybe I will!" he answered lightly, "Best damn thing I've ever gotten!"

In a sense, he might make good on that just as an inside joke. It wasn't as if he had many to share these things with, often pushed around for being a code monkey. That was the most he was worth in this company it was very well known.

"So I'm guessing that's a hint that you'll be visiting me more often, yea?" he continued after a moment, "Good! I don't think I'd mind that at all!"

-----| x |-----

So far. That was something she dreaded hearing but knew it was true. For the moment, things were bad. She knew they would get worse in time. She wasn't sure she could handle something like that...It had been a game before, that was it. She wasn't a killer. How could she bring herself to do something like that if the time came?

"So far," she echoed as if to fill the silence, if only for a brief moment.

His words were blunt but true. Something she would need to learn was abandoning her guilt. Naeva wasn't sure she could manage that. She'd always been someone who relied on her morals. Here? No one used them.

Naeva rubbed the back of her neck nervously, ignoring the sweat there. What could she say? It was something that she wasn't really able to comment on, really.

"I don't have a lot of a choice on that matter," she finally decided on saying.

That was the only conclusion she could come to. Really, there wasn't a whole lot of choice in the matter. She didn't even know why she was here. It all just happened. There were no choices. That was all that she could think.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Naira tossed him a look for the comment, however briefly the look remained. A combination of offense and a pout adorned her expression in that time even as she straightened her posture. Too often she was mistaken for a teenager and now it was happening again! Jeez… Then again at this rate she’d hopefully look twenty come her thirties…

“I’ll have you know, many women would kill to have my youthful looking appearance!” she pointed out instead. “’Sides, I’ll look fuckin’ fantastic in my thirties at this rate!”

Nonetheless the idea of someone framing that ridiculous attempt at a box was enough to drive her pouting off for the time being. It was such a bad attempt at making a dieline for a box! Really, Naira just wanted to shake the guy who’d made the damn thing in the first place.

Despite this she waved a hand and leaned back in her chair. It wasn’t the comfiest thing in existence but it was a computer chair all the same. Hell, Naira could probably nap in this thing if she had a blanket to curl up with. For now those were thoughts left for later, when late nights would most likely be worked. Jack was talking again after all, saying something about her visiting his office more often.

“Well, if I told you ‘yes’ it’d be less surprising if I just popped in, wouldn’t it?” Naira said. A brief paused followed before she added, “You sound quite excited about having a girl-faced visitor in your office though… Should I be worried ‘bout that?”

----[x]----

The silence between them was broken in spurts and it was not long before it returned. Perhaps her worries and fears kept her from speaking out more often today or perhaps she was always like this. In time Zer0 would find out for sure. Until then he would take things in stride as he always did. Violence would hardly solve anything with her it seemed.

The wastes grew closer with each passing minute in the meantime though he did not spot any bandits or psychos lurking about just yet. If they were lucky they would be able to find an abandoned, working runner. Even if it was tended to Zer0 could easily steal it away, leaving only blood and corpses behind if anyone tried to stop him.

Zer0 wasn’t sure if he was seeing any runners there in the distance. There was quite a bit of rubble and debris that was just thrown all over. Much of it would be forgotten and only the most useful parts, such as sheet metal and the like, would be reused later if it was found in the piles of garbage. A bit of scavenging might do them some good, however…

“Perhaps a bit of scavenging might set your mind at ease,” he offered. If nothing else it would serve to find them some supplies, if any were abandoned.

Luck was most likely not on their side however they could try all the same. In piles of rubble like this there were always some gold amongst it all. It was just digging far enough to find it and to recognize potential in what was found.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Something of a pout overtook her features when he spoke of how young she really looked. Jack did his best to repress a snicker but it wasn't to much avail. If she was offended, she certainly looked more amused by the words than anything else.

She wasn't wrong! A lot of women would have given up anything to look that young naturally. Still, he laughed good heartedly about it. At least she could take a joke.

"At least you're optimistic!" he answered, "And won't need plastic surgery! That's always a plus!"

He wouldn't mention that most of this place liked to keep up in terms of appearance, not only for the company but employees as well. Whatever one had to do to keep up on top, they would. Altering appearance was actually a common thing.

Jack snorted as she went on and leaned back in her chair. He wasn't always subtle when he saw something he wanted. She picked up on things quick. A mix of attraction and curiosity was going to go a long way for this one.

"You might make me the happiest man in the world," he teased in response, shrugging his shoulder lightly, "Who knows. Maybe we'll just have to find out!"

-----| x |-----

The closer they got to the wastes, the better she felt. At least, a little bit. They wouldn't have to worry about ambush. If anything, Naeva trusted Zer0's skill enough to keep her safe for the time being.

It was oddly quiet, save for a few things here and there. Maybe there was more activity in the deeper parts of the city. That's what she assumed and she didn't plan on seeing them. By some saving grace, no one had caused trouble, after all.

She blinked turning her attention toward him briefly as he spoke. Scavenging? For what exactly? She knew the mechanics of the game but what use would they find in this place?

Well...if anything, at least she knew it was an attempt to help ease her mind.

"Okay..." she replied after a moment, "What...are we looking for?"

Probably anything and everything useful, she assumed. Money, equipment laying about, weapons. Naeva didn't want to think too much about those. It was a hard enough time getting used to having to carry a pistol.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Another amused scoff escaped her before she knew it. Those seemed common when she spoke to Jack like this… Naira wondered about that briefly before brushing it aside. It’d been long since she’d talked to someone this witty. Sure, Naeva fit the bill at times but for the most part she enjoyed a drier, more sarcastic venue for her jokes.

“Plastic surgery?” she parroted. “Nerd, please! Do you know how many video games I could buy with plastic surgery money? I stare at a screen far more than I do my reflection!”

In hindsight that very reason might be why she didn’t always brush her hair or worry about how scrawny she really was. What need was there if she wasn’t planning on going out or doing anything for other people? Looked like some of those habits might need to change here however, if only to keep people’s attention off her a little.

Naira’s thoughts halted at that though she offered a roll of the eyes at Jack’s comment. “It’ll just be a surprise for you if that’s the case,” she joked along.

----[x]----

Quiet again yet still inquisitive, or perhaps she merely hadn’t a clue as to what might be of use on their trek through the wastes. Like other matters, Naeva would learn. He could hardly take the time to explain all of the things that might very well be found in such heaps of trash however. Anything could be within the garbage, its use hidden away by the one who’d tossed it.

“Anything.” The answer was simple. If she picked up only trash than perhaps Zer0 would interject. Still, he had hopes that she had enough sense not to. Naeva certainly didn’t seem the type to have such low mental faculties as so many of the folks that lived on Pandora’s surface.

He halted then, glancing over at the nearest heaps of garbage. Nothing immediately jumped out at him that would be incredibly helpful and yet Zer0 knew it would not be so easy. It never was.

“Time for us to start. Do not let yourself get hurt. We have no first aid.” With that reminder, Zer0 passed a quick glance around for any threats and started forward to begin the task.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Jack couldn't help but snort in response to her words. Video games, huh? She seemed more inclined to worry about gaming than anything else. Most people didn't take up that attitude around here but it was a nice change a pace. She had a decent job. If she played her cards right, she'd just get higher on the ladder.

"I see you've got your priorities straight," he joked in response, "You'll be buying a lot of games on your payroll."

He paused a moment, crossing his arms over his chest. A grin tugged at his lips when he thought about that, "Not that you'll find much time to play."

Most were worked like dogs here, at least at first. Eventually, time off came around but those just started really didn't have much incentive for such things. The big bosses didn't care to let newbies off.

Naira had a good sense of humor to her, joking right along with him as he teased her. That confidence would be useful in the future and she'd find a quick home here.

"Oh, well, now I'm curious!" he continued, "But we'll probably have to carry on later. If I'm missed, I'll get chewed out again. Our boss is a jackass and doesn't let up on the bitching."

-----| x |-----

Zer0's answers were blunt and Naeva would simply obey if it would keep her alive. She wanted to see Naira again. Naeva couldn't let herself die out here without that chance.

Naeva simply followed behind, wondering what she might find in a heap of apparent junk. Then again, within the games universe, it could be a number of useful things. Maybe she'd find something to tinker with as well. Who knew.

"I'll be careful, don't worry," she answered him as they would get started.

The last thing she wanted was to receive a cut that might get infected days later. She knew better on how things worked and wasn't stupid enough to let that happen. God knew what else could be hidden in this junk anyways.

With that, they were at work. Naeva didn't particularly know what she was looking for and didn't quite care. If it seemed useful, she asked Zer0. If not, she tossed it aside with the rest. She figured it kept her mind off things for the time being, that much was a small blessing.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Jack hadn't lingered long, dismissing himself that day with the notice that Tassiter might chew him out of it was obvious Jack wasn't doing his job. Naira believed that, recalling what little she could of that man. Hadn't he always gotten Jack's name wrong to boot? She thought so though couldn't be certain. Ah, but it didn't matter in the long run at that moment.

Naira's days that followed that one evolved into a pattern. Waking up, working on whatever design packages were needed. Sometimes it was making some Hyperion posters, others were entire merchandising packages. It seemed like there was a never ending need of graphics though why Naira couldn't say. Maybe it was just to keep her through the paces, still being new to the payroll thanks to Jack's meddling in the servers.

Weeks later proved no different and Naira was convinced that she was being worked so hard solely to see if she was valuable enough to keep on the Hyperion payroll. Why else would she be tasked with making so many graphics? There was no need when posters and packages could be used for some time before needing reimagining to bolster sales.

Chin in hand, Naira surveyed that day's work. It was a generic poster they wanted, the bosses faces splayed over them. Really, they were rather old codgers in her book. Such images peering at any and all that looked at the posters was sure to make anyone antsy. Still, it was what they wanted...

"Talk about unnecessary," she muttered under her breath.

----[x]----

Zer0 watched, curious as to what she was attempting to do. She hadn't said much other than asking what something was or what it was intended to do upon working back at that junk heap. Now Naeva sat, parts strewn about her as she poked, prodded and took things apart. Had she an idea in mind, or...?

The question mark that glowed brilliant red was otherwise ignored. Perhaps Naeva was so far into what she was doing that she didn't notice the emote. He waited a moment longer, in the event that she did glance up at him and notice, before he spoke up.

"Might I inquire / What is it you are doing? / Perhaps you need help."

He was far from a mechanical expert but he might know a thing or two which could aid in her endeavor, whatever it was. At least in that manner she might get farther than tinkering fruitlessly with the items she'd dragged with them. Only when they were safe, bandits and skags eradicated within the area of their campsite, did she ever tug them out. At least she had enough sense not to try observing and playing with them while they moved.

Now he would wait and see what she said. It seemed she had grown more comfortable around him at calmer moments like this but she might still be wary about sharing her thoughts and intentions.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 pm

The days passed quickly, thankfully without his boss chewing him out for no reason. It wasn't too often he got away with much in this job. There was always something that Jack had to fix or had to do, bending over backwards just to get it done.

It didn't matter now. He was gathering information that he needed in his spare time and forging bigger plans ahead. Naira might play a role in it all, if he could grab her attention enough. Who knew if she'd take it or not.

That was where he was headed now. He'd visited on and off, allowing casual banter and conversation with Naira. For the most part, she seemed to be doing well here, if not a little bored. Jack didn't quite blame her for that.

Stopping at her office, Jack quickly strode in when the door opened. He offered a brief wave of his hand as he walked up confidently to her desk.

"What's up, pretty lady?" he asked, looking at her expression. More or less, she just looked bored, "You're not fallin' asleep on the job, are you?"

Naira looked like she was about to. When his voice rang out, she seemed to perk up a little though. Well that was good. He wanted his presence to be something enjoyable, especially to someone he liked.

-----| x |-----

Days passed quickly for Naeva. Over that time, she had become less worrisome, at least around Zer0. Even so, she still kept her guard up. Maybe that was for the best. She was still unsure of a lot of things here as it was.

They had taken the time to leave that place behind after scavenging for items. Naeva had picked out a few things in the hopes of tinkering with him. This tech was advanced enough to build robots, so why not try it?

Naeva had no idea if it would be fruitful or not, even as she had sat down and started messing with the items. Wires would need to be re-connected to spark life into the piece of technology. She wasn't aware of Zer0 watching not to far away.

She was carefully taking up a wire, aware that it might spark, when Zer0's voice rang out. Startled, her hand slipped, fingers knocking against that wire. A quick shock left her hand recoiling and she shook it immediately after as if that would chase away the pain.

"Fucking hell!" she shouted without a thought on the matter. The pain from the shock would disappear but the burn would remain. Naeva's gaze fell onto Zer0 then, clearing her throat, "Sorry about that. What did you say?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 2:10 am

Naira blinked, gaze straying from her computer to the door as it opened. None other than Jack strode in, a cheeky smile in place already as he greeted her. Naira allowed a small smile to spread on her lips as well though she would still much rather nap. All this designing was sapping her energy and creative juices. At this rate she wouldn't be worth much without a break to recharge and think of new ideas and twists to old ones to incorporate.

"Well, hello to you too, handsome," she greeted lightly. A yawn soon followed, though she waved off Jack's teasing question. "Not at all, sleep is for the weak."

Only a moment passed before Naira pushed herself back, eyes closed as she rubbed at them briefly. Her eyes had strained pretty hard with how long she'd been focusing on this latest little project tossed her way. Lacking in creative ideas made it far more difficult than it should've been. Nonetheless she kept that tidbit to herself, allowing her hand to fall to her lap.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Naira inquired.

Jack had seemed to make it a habit to come visit when he could. In all honesty, Naira wondered why he seemed so interested in her other than for her sudden and strange appearance upon Helios. She'd only been lucky that he'd been the one watching the security cameras and no one else.

----[x]----

Zer0 blinked, watching otherwise stoically as Naeva flinched. This was perhaps the first he'd heard her curse like that. He wondered if it was habit or a rarity though only time would say for sure. For now it was a curiosity that had no answer. This was fine as Zer0 could be a very patient man.

He inclined his head when she turned to him, asking him to repeat the question. So engrossed she'd been with the delicate wires then... Odd, he hadn't struck her as the type to dabble in these sorts of things. It seemed there was much still to learn even after so many days had passed. Then again she was just now really beginning to grow somewhat comfortable in his presence.

"I had merely asked / If you needed any help / Or if you are fine," he repeated.

The only thing he could do was wait now and see if she did need help or not. Zer0 would not force his aid upon her if she did not wish it after all. It might very well be that Naeva wished to do it all on her own, whatever 'it' happened to be.

He shifted his weight to one leg as Naeva seemed to regard him carefully. Perhaps she wasn't certain if she even wanted any help. Zer0 had seen her debating with herself on more than one occasion already as the days had passed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:42 pm

She looked tired, though that was nothing new. Most of the newbies had trouble starting out. There was less time for sleep, more time for work. That was just how things happened around here. Eventually, she'd get those breaks and time off more often, if she stuck around that was.

He offered her a chuckle at her flirting. This woman was confident. She'd come off this way in the beginning, however, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

"Sleep is for the weak around here. You've got the right idea!" he joked in return.

That wasn't meant to really scare her off. Some of the more sensitive workers that didn't last might have took it that way. Jack knew that Naira wasn't that kind, however. She could take a joke, serious or otherwise.

It wasn't a moment after did she ask why he'd entered her office. Jack leaned his weight onto his left leg, trying to act casual about it all. What he was going to ask was pretty secret and meant to stay between a chosen few.

"I...uh, need your help with something!" he started, regaining his confidence, "See, there's some people I need to research and I wanted to know if you wanted...in on that?"

It might have come out awkward. Jack wasn't sure, his tone half joking in between. This was going to be big. He was going to get out of his bosses abuse and this position. He was going to be huge! It all just had to deal with finding and opening that Vault...

-----| x |-----

Despite her outburst, Zer0 remained quiet and calm. That was something she'd noticed easily throughout their trek together. He didn't react to much, his words blunt but somehow soft.

He repeated the question then, leaving Naeva to mull it over for a moment. Maybe that was something he'd notice about her...She always considered her options but in this situation...did he even know anything about robots?

Naeva figured it didn't hurt to ask, laying the piece of equipment in her lap for a moment. She was careful about the live wires however, not wanting to catch another shock.

"Know anything about building robots?" she inquired then, figuring maybe this was out of his expertise, "I'd like to try and build something that might...help in terms of my own lacking skill."

If anything, she was at least taking some initiative to help herself here. Naeva wasn't comfortable with a gun yet and while robots were advance, she could pick her way through it. He probably would appreciate an extra pair of eyes anyways.

"It sounds difficult but...I've toyed with things like this before," she continued, playing with the piece she had sat down. She didn't mention that technology was far behind in her own world, "I might be able to make something over time...if I get the right parts and have the patience for it."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 6:10 pm

It had been a joke but Naira wasn't entirely naive enough to believe most people got the sleep they really needed around here. Someone as low she, providing only pretty graphics for use, was already being worked like a dog; with that in mind, well, Naira would be surprised if more important employees weren't worked nearly to death at times. It seemed ridiculous and counterproductive but then no one here had asked her opinion on that matter.

The thought was pushed aside as she asked what it was Jack needed today. Sometimes he just came to visit, something that still made her curious. It took a moment for him to answer, shifting his weight and looking as if he was seeking the right words. This caused Naira to raise an eyebrow.

"Research...?" she echoed, blinking almost owlishly. "Research who?"

Though she asked Naira couldn't be sure Jack would even answer. He was secretive about a few things she'd noticed over the days that had passed. He'd pause before spilling something that seemed inconsequential before waving the topic away, or refusing to answer something innocent. Naira wondered if these were things to worry about. On those occasions, she couldn't help but think of the man he might be become, terrorizing everybody...

"I suppose that depends, you’re not gonna make me sort all that info into info graphics are you?”

----[x]----

It took Naeva a moment to actually answer his question properly. For a long moment she merely blinked at Zer0 and then moved to place the piece of machinery she’d fiddled with for so long onto her lap. Robotics? Zer0 tipped his head to one side, a brilliantly red question mark blooming from his helmet. What was she planning?

“Robotics?” he echoed, forgoing the usual haiku formatting. “I know only what I need.”

He could not say for sure what exactly she was attempting to do even now. She seemed content to fiddle with the pieces of machinery she’d gathered from the junk heaps despite the shock she’d just received. It might well be something complex with all the things she’d picked up. That was, unless she had only taken everything that she had in case she might need replacements or the like.

“Or shock yourself more / We do not wish for your death / Not with such trinkets.”

If she’d had schematics of what she had in mind then Zer0 might be more of a help to her in this odd endeavor but for now that wasn’t the case. It was entirely possible that Naeva didn’t even have a schematic in mind and was merely winging it. That could turn out bad if she wasn’t careful. An odd thing given her usual passive and cautious nature…
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 12:21 am

She was studying him, that was easy to see. Curiosity in her tone and the way she raised her eyebrow. That could be a good thing. If she was curious, then she might just want to get in on this. Jack had some big ideas, after all.

"Yea, they're some people I want to get in contact with," he continued after a moment, "But I need the best of the best."

Namely, people who could stay alive. Anyone who would be dead ten steps out the door wasn't worth his time or money. It was always a tough gamble to find people who weren't idiots, however. The planet below was full of them.

A moment after she was joking again. Jack wasn't too sure he'd even bother with something like that. The job would be simple enough and might give her a break from her current mundane one.

"Not at all!" he told her, "At least, not unless you want too. You know, never know if it might attract attention! A-anyway, that really doesn't matter. So do you want in or what?"

It would just be finding the people. Jack didn't plan on trusting too many. By all means, Naira was the only person he had approached here on Helios.

-----| x |-----

For a moment, he seemed confused. A question mark eliminated the space in front of his mask. It was in those moments, Naeva wished she could just see his expression.

He sounded opposed to the idea. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. If she was going to stay alive here, what better way than to have something else watching her back? Zer0 couldn't do that all the time.

"Yea but..." she started, pausing for a moments thought, "The risk there outweighs the bigger ones in the future."

That was logical to her. If she was going to survive, she needed the help. Naeva knew herself better than everyone. Only Naira knew just about everything about her. Zer0 hadn't seen much outside of her timidness and apprehension.

"Look, I know you can watch your own back and you can't always watch mine. This might just be a time waster now but I think it'll benefit in the future."

She was stubborn and she wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer, even if Zer0 thought it might slow them down. She couldn't let that happen, not for her own sake here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]   [Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Borderlands] Risk it All [1-on-1 RP]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next