AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyriant
Tyriant

DigiPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 013Calumon
PokéPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 547

[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Empty
PostSubject: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:22 pm

April always liked the night shifts. The bar was hardly ever crowded seeing as how everyone seemed to favor the Rabbit Hole over her dingy little place that she owned with her brother. That never bothered her though, seeing as how that made her work much easier. However, as much as she liked the night shifts, she liked the occasional times she got to work in the mornings even better. When Dorian's Narcolepsy really started acting up he would have her take the morning shifts in the cafe, which was always a treat.

April was really good at making tea. For whatever reason she had always had a knack for mixing just the right amount of milk into her brew, or steeping it for just the right amount of time to make it suitably strong. She wasn't sure why she was so good at it, but hey, the people who came into the cafe loved it when she was there to make her drink so she really didn't feel the need to question it all that much.

Right now though, she was on a supply run. They were dwindling in their supply of breakfast tea, and it was her job to grab some more. So it was off to the supermarket with her. April immediately knew what she was looking for though. She knew they were on a budget, but she really wanted some of the nice tea. And, it would taste super good. Totally worth paying out of pocket for... right?

Well, she thought so. With that mentality, April picked up the tin and brought it to the register. Using her own money, she bought the nice tea and was heading back to the cafe. Unable to resist the temptation, she opened the cannister and took a whiff... and that was when everything went to hell.

Someone who wasn't watching where they were going bumped into her and knocked the canister out of her hands. "Really?" She whined. "Dude, I paid out of my own pocket for that!" The redhead exclaimed, bending over to pick up the fallen canister. Damn it, she really liked this one too.

-

No one knew him in this town as Rumpelstiltskin, which in its own way was a bit of a blessing because that name was a mouthful and no one knew how to pronounce it right. It got old really fast hearing people butcher his name and besides, he rather liked the irony behind the name Mr. Gold. And he liked the fear that it instilled upon the masses of this town. Regina had been quite generous when she cast the curse. He owned this town, and basically everyone in it. Because of it, he was free to make people's life a hard as he pleased. 

For instance the Rabbit Hole, that train wreck of a bar, was charged a ridiculous amount of money in rent. But the March Hare, pitiful though it was, got off pretty easy not because he particularly liked that place. No, he was impartial to it although he would admit that the lack of drunken crowds there was charming, that place was only charged a rather cheap rent because he hated the Rabbit Hole more.

Rumplestiltskin liked this kind of power, but he would have liked it more if he didn't have the damn limp again. Once he had become the dark one, that pesky part of his life was gone. Now that he was human again well... it was back. He knew quite well that Regina could have chosen not to give him the limp, but that was her way of pretending she had power over him. Oh how wrong she was. Everyone knew that while Regina (as mayor) was quite powerful, the real power was in the hands of Mr. Gold.

And that power, right now, was going around collecting the rent money from the establishments using his land. First on his list of places to extort money from was the Library. Although, for that place he wouldn't quite call it extortion. He rather liked the Library, and the Librarian who worked there. HE could remember her from the Enchanted Forest, and he could remember her feelings for her. While some people got drastically different personalities once the curse was cast, he was pleased to find that Regina did not tamper with hers much.

The mayor was probably aware of how protective Rumplestiltskin got of the few people he liked and was not willing to tempt fate a second time. Limping (oh how he hated that limp) into the building, he made his way up to the counter.

"I've come to collect the rent, dearie." He rather liked that word. It was at first a means of belittling and intimidating the people who would make deals with him. Now it was just a habit he didn't feel needed to be broken.
Back to top Go down
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Pbucket
PokéPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 037

PostSubject: Re: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Lost in his thoughts, Jefferson was making his way to the supermarket having seen that he was running low on tea and cloth(to attempt to make a 'hat'). He was so lost in his thoughts on what he missed from not only before the curse but before being abandoned in Wonderland by Regina. His eyes narrowed at her name, the Evil Queen. 

Yes Wonderland had giving him a friend but he had lost not only his mind but his daughter in the process. Too steep a price in his opinion and what did he have now... Nothing! Suddenly he felt himself bump into someone who as he was not watching where they were going.

Jefferson looks up feeling flustered even more so when he saw who he had just bumped into. As mentioned before he remembered things as they were before the curse just like 'Mr. Gold', he scoffed at that name any time he heard it. Looking at April he remembered her as she once was, Leverett March and her calming tea.

"I am sorry, Miss, perhaps I could replace the tea for you? If you wish."

He was a bit startled with the changes in her, her roughness. He could not recall such roughness in the kindly and well mannered young lady ever. A frown took over his features as he thought about what this curse had taken. This curse had taken so, so much and had gone so far as to change such a polite nut of a young lady into who now stood before him.

These thoughts saddened Jefferson and he felt at a loss for a moment taking in his Lev, April's appearance. Her hair was longer now and for some odd reason he felt the urge to run his fingers threw it. His hand twitched in his need but he restrained to do so and continued to take her in. Her eyes were still the beautiful warm brown he remembered but her skin seemed to have a bit more color now.

Jefferson shook his head to clear his thoughts and he patiently waited for her response while gazing at her.

-

Naveen was putting a small stack of fairy tale books away but stopped looking at one in particular, 'Beauty And The Beast'. Putting it down to read later she continued with her task putting the remaining stack away. Once finished she picked up the book and went to sit behind the book check out counter.

She loved her job for after all she loved books and when she wasn't working at the library she was either at the Mayors enjoying her time with Henry an Regina or at the March Hare. She only went to the March hair in the morning when the cafe was opened usually reading and drinking coffee, hot chocolate of tea. What she drank usually depended on her mood and who was working. She never went to the March Hare at night due to her dislike to alcohol and it's affects on those who drank it.

As she sat down she smiled to herself as she opened the book and began reading. She became so engrossed that she had not heard the jingle of the bell or the click of a cane on the hard floors. Slightly startled from her revery by the voice (that often gave her chills - the good kind) she looks up and smiles a sweet smile. 

Putting a book mark in her book she closes it whilst speaking in a soft and slightly shy voice, "Why Mr. gold, it is good to see you! Having a good day I hope?" As she asked her question she bent down to pull out the Library money bag. 

Standing back up still smiling she unzipped the bag and pulled out an envelope with the word 'Rent' written in guest idyl calligraphy. Looking up at Mr. Gold her golden brown eyes sparkled, "Here you are Mr. Gold." Holding out the envelope she waited for him to reach out and take it.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

DigiPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 013Calumon
PokéPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 547

PostSubject: Re: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 am

April huffed, looking over the man who she bumped into. Or, bumped into her. She didn’t know really. All she knew was that her good, pricy, tea was on the ground. The tea she’d been dumb enough to open while walking back to the cafe. Admittedly this whole spill had been partially her fault anyway. She shouldn’t have opened it and she should have been looking where she was going. But still, didn’t stop her from being annoyed.

However, her annoyance was dulled when the man offered to buy her a replacement. Weighing it over briefly, she decided to go ahead and take him up on that offer. It couldn’t hurt to get more tea after all, and he did knock it out of her hands and waste her money.

“I’d appreciate it if you did.” She said. April might have been annoyed at the loss of her tea, but she wasn’t rude. Or… she tried not to be. The redhead knew she was a bit rough around the edges, but she tried not to be so off putting.

It hadn’t earned her any friends in college and it wouldn’t earn her any friends here. And besides, she should be mature enough not to take her emotions out on other people.

“I’m sorry for snapping at you. I work nights over at the ‘March Hare’ and I don’t usually get a lot of sleep. Makes me kind of grumpy sometimes. I’m April by the way. April O’Hare. Don’t think we’ve met before.” She introduced herself, looking up at the man she ran into.

He was dressed kind of weirdly. Especially with that scarf. It was almost summer and it certainly wasn’t getting any colder.

-

Rumplestiltskin smiled when she handed the rent money over. Naturally, she would pay him on time. Everyone here was too afraid not to pay him on time. But, even if Naveen couldn’t manage to pay him rent on time (with the low rent that it was) he would still give her an extension. Rumplestiltskin still had his memories from the Enchanted Forest, and he could recall the feelings he had for her from back then. It was admittedly kind of sad, knowing that this iteration of the woman he loved so dearly didn’t remember him… but she was here. She was alive.

And that meant that there was hope. He didn’t think himself sentimental, but he knew that this was better than her being dead. Besides, no matter what his feelings were, it probably wasn’t a good idea to get her mixed up with him again. It didn’t bode well for her sister to be mixed up with ‘The Dark One’ and the same would probably go for her.

“I try to visit my favorite places first when I collect rent. It gives me something positive to remind myself about when certain establishments try and test the boundaries of what I’m willing to deal with.” He told her, a pleasant tone in his voice.

One such place was the Rabbit Hole. The owner must have some kind of grudge against him in this life, because oh boy, was he ever difficult to deal with. And, he didn’t like the riff raff that tended to congregate there.

Noticing a marked book on the counter, he peered over to take a look. “Beauty and the Beast?” He asked, and oh, the irony in that amazed him. When he still had his memories from the Enchanted forest, there was a lot of ironic situations in this town that tended to amuse him.

Those tendencies only increased now that Emma was here and she was shaking things up. The day to day routine was broken, and the curse was breaking.
Back to top Go down
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Pbucket
PokéPartner : [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] 037

PostSubject: Re: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:49 am

Jefferson smiled warmly… perhaps April hadn’t changed to drastically.  His smile quickly faded, of course she didn’t remember him after all she was affected by the curse, “I am Jefferson, it is a pleasure to meet you Miss O’Hare.” He held his hand out to take hers. “And your right I don’t believe we have met though you do seem familiar.” He smiles noticing her taking in his appearance and so he holds out an arm for her to, he hopes, take, “Shall we go get that tea now.”

He figured to most here he was dressed strangely but it was after all his usual attire and he didn’t believe he could were the ‘modern day’ clothing. “You working nights at the ‘March Hare’ would explain why we have not met for I have on occasion gone in the mornings for a spot of tea.” He wanted her to feel comfortable in his presence as she use to be but he knew he would have to hold himself back.

Which at the moment he realized he might not be doing so well at, “Well, you pick whatever tea you like and if I may suggest pick two for after bumping into you I do feel responsible.” He smiled a soft friendly smile as he spoke walking toward the supermarket for it was no within sight. Opening the door for April, “Ladies first.”

Walking inside he felt himself frown yet again, oh how idiotic he probably sounded to her, ‘Ladies first.’ Shaking his head he scoffed and decided to forget about it and he began to look at what tea he would like to purchase for himself.

-

Naveen knew that many were afraid of Mr. Gold but she for some odd reason only felt shy around him. Smiling a big bright smile at his words she felt herself blush slightly, “It is good to know that this is one of your favorite places, Mr. Gold.” She then bit her bottom lip thinking of something else to say. Looking down at her book she smiled a somewhat sad smile, “Yes, Mr. Gold, Beauty and the Beast has always held a special place in my heart.”

She shook her head and chuckled, “You would probably think me mad for saying this but I have always felt that I could relate to the story.” She stopped talking abruptly, where had this confidence to talk to Mr. Gold come from. Looking up at him she felt a spark ignite inside her. Furrowing her brow in confusion she shook her head yet again, she seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

“Well, Mr. Gold is there anything else I can do for you?” Naveen had been thinking lately that due to the sad amount she was paid at the library she may have to move from her small accommodations to live there. She couldn’t really afford the rent and eat on her sad excuse of a salary. Smiling a friendly smile at Mr. Gold she felt her heart rate speed up, after all she had always seemed to have a small crush on the man who owned the town.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 3:38 am

April looked at Jefferson's extended arm and then back at him, raising an eyebrow before sticking her hands in her jacket pockets. Ok, this guy was kind of strange. But she didn't judge. She was on a college hiatus indefinitely and working nights at a bar because her brother had a disease where he literally fell asleep on his feet. Not exactly the most normal life there was, so any kinds of quirks this guy had, like wearing thick coats and a scarf around his neck even though it was warming up, wasn't something she could judge people on.

"Yeah, I'm usually asleep by the time the cafe opens. Which is kind of sad really, I think I make a pretty decent cup of tea, but by the time the morning rolls around I'm way too tired to think about working the morning shift." She mused, walking with him to the aisle that held the teas and picking out the one tin she had before.

"I'm fine with just this one thanks. I don't believe in taking any more than I really need." April said. She didn't need a whole bunch of tea, just this one to replace the one that he caused her to spill. She did appreciate the offer though.

Jefferson might be a bit strange, but he wasn't a bad man. Funny enough, some of the best people were kind of weird. Her brother's friend Peter for instance. She was pretty sure he was off his rocker almost completely, but hey. He was a good guy and he looked after Dorian when April wasn't around.

"Sometimes I'll make some tea for Dorian and Peter in the mornings before I leave. If you get there early enough they'll give you some. They both claim I make too much, and I'm almost positive Peter doesn't like tea and only drinks it so my brother won't pester him about it." Why was she telling him this? As a thanks for replacing the tea she dropped? HE could show up at some disgusting early morning hour when the cafe opens and he could take the tea she made for her friend? "Or you could come in when the bars open and I'll make some for you I guess. To say thanks for replacing the stuff that got dropped." There. That sounded better.

-

Rumplestiltskin chuckled a little bit. Oh, the irony was amazing. He just wished he had someone to share it with. Well, he did. He had two people who would know the irony behind what Naveen was saying. But one of them was a deranged hatter driven mad by not only the conflicting personalities in his head as a result of the curse, but also his time in Wonderland and separation from his daughter. The other was an evil queen who Rumpelstiltskin had an odd relationship with that was neither friendly nor was it antagonistic. And neither of them were going to be looking for a nice chat over a cup of tea or something friendly like that.

So he was left to enjoy what he heard and saw on his own, which really wasn't so bad when he thought about it.

"I've known some mad people in my time. Saying that a story holds special significance because you relate to it isn't very mad. In fact, I'd call it a pretty normal reason for deciding that a story was your favorite." He said. The dark one had always had a soft spot for the woman, even back in the Enchanted Forest. It made him wonder just why Regina had decided to bring her here with the rest of the cursed people. She wouldn't bring anyone she couldn't find a use for, and he wasn't exactly very keen on knowing just what use the evil queen had for her.

What ever it was the man decided that he wasn't going to let it fly. Regina should know better than to try and manipulate him, or anyone else that he cares about. It would only put her on his bad side, which was not a nice place to be.

"Unless you want to go around collecting rent from people, I'd say there isn't much else that you could help me with." He told her, making a rather rare joke. "I would take a car, but I've been told that walking helps ease the limp after a long enough time, and I'm hoping to eventually set aside the cane for good sooner or later." He hated that dreadful limp. It was a reminder of the sacrifices he'd made for his son, and how it all went down hill after his wife left. 

He had been glad to get rid of it as the Dark One, but of course it would be back now that he was just human.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]   [Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Once Upon a Time] What are Happy Endings Anyway? [One on One RP]
Page 1 of 1