AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Empty
PostSubject: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:24 am

She had an idea of where she was, if only by the way the folks here dressed and all of the Spanish being spoken. The occasional odd word she could understand but for the most part she was lost. It was even more nerve-wracking when she realized how very American she must have looked. She was so much paler, dressed rather differently...

Even odder than that was the spirit floating at her side. A six-tailed fox, looking quite stern and following without a word. It was a little nerve-wracking, given that Rekka had no idea what to expect or to do. Anytime she'd tried to ask the fox anything she'd been met with an unhelpful answer or an unimpressed look.

Her grip on the straps of her bag tightened slightly. Inside it were only art supplies--sketch pads, folders of half-finished sketches, packs of pencils, etc. etc.--and nothing more than her phone, a pair of headphones, and the rest of her medication. She wasn't equipped for this weirdness.

"Seriously, your lack of answers is headache-inducing, ya dumb fox," Rekka grumped.

"My giving you answers will only coddle you," snapped the fox.

"Yeah, yeah..." Honestly, she hadn't expected much else. The fox was a surly one, that was for sure. Still, why was the ghost following her around, and why could Rekka see it? She'd never seen anything like that before, much less experienced much with the supernatural.

A startled sound escaped her as something--no, someone--bumped into her heavily. A cheekily-grinning boy ran by, a familiar touchscreen in his hand. It took all of a second before panic settled in and Rekka darted off after the boy.

"Hey! You brat, give that back!" Rekka shouted, hearing the fox scoffing behind her.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:43 am

The town was a bustle with people, that was rather normal here. Apart from tourists, there were always people out and about at this time. Peyote was more than used to it and gave him business.

Taking a brief break, he spared a glance around. There were a few people milling about, nothing unusual. He took a drag of his cigarette, exhaling a moment later. Things were rather dull today. It seemed like too much for something exciting to happen.

Or was it? A ruckus seemed to be caused not a few moments as those thoughts had passed his mind. A kid was sprinting, something clutched in his hand. Behind him was a young woman, clearly American, shouting for him to stop.

Peyote dropped his cigarette, stamping it out before he stepped in between the kid and his path to get away. It was an easy feat to grab onto his shirt once the kid had stumbled to a halt.

"Ay, do we have a problem here?" Peyote asked, the usual lazy tone in his voice, "What did you do, kid? Causing trouble for little American tourists or something?"

Truth be told, not many of those within Mexico seemed quite favorable of those who came from the States but that didn't mean they should be treated so badly. Peyote kept that statement mostly quiet, however, waiting for the woman to stop and explain as well.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila didn't remember much other than passing out and then the unbearable heat that followed when she tossed and turned. When she woke, she was in a pretty barren room, looking like it was more made out of stone than anything else.

Her heart had leapt in her throat immediately. The most she had was a bag with some belongs in it and the clothes on her back. Her heart pounded hard in her chest, blood pressure sky rocketing quickly. She tried to calm her breath before she had a panic attack, tried to remember what happened...

Kalila drew a blank no matter how hard she tried to think of what had gone on. There was nothing where a memory should have been. That made things worse for her.

She clutched onto her bag as if it were the only life line she had right now. In some regard, she felt it was. Whatever had happened, this was all she had. A bag with some notebooks and pens in it and her bottle of pills.

"Jesus...what happened?" she asked, half expecting some answer.

Maybe it was a joke, it had to be a joke. Thoughts like this ran through her mind so quick that it made her dizzy and she couldn't stop them, no matter how hard she tried.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 am

The kid obviously knew his way around the town, experienced with ducking in and around groups of people. How often did the kid take to stealing? The thought didn't stay long, mostly due to the fact that Rekka had to push past folk to keep up, the heavy bag slapping against her back hard with each stride. The sketch pads were awfully heavy...

Angry shouts in their direction were ignored, no one all that interested in following after for payback. That was a slight blessing. What was an even bigger blessing was someone actually stepping in and stopping the kid's sprint, hoisting the boy up off the ground by his shirt. Rekka thanked her lucky stars, paying little mind to the person who deigned to interfere; instead she slowed, bending over briefly to catch her breath. She hadn't run like that in a long time!

Whatever the kid said, Rekka couldn't understand it. None of the Spanish words were ones she knew. So, Rekka straightened, scoffing before she paused, surprise flitting across her face briefly as she finally really got a good look at the person who'd lent his aid.

The hair alone was unmistakable, that green shade uncommon even in the series he was supposed to be a character of. Or... was it just some cosplayer? That seemed really unlikely. Were there even conventions for that sort of thing in Mexico? Despite not knowing how she got here she at least knew where this was.

"Uh, he stole my phone," she finally explained simply. If this really was Peyote then how was it she'd arrived in a fictitious world? "I can't afford to lose that..."

From the sounds of it the boy was protesting, clutching it tightly in his hands. If this was Peyote he was younger than he should be in the manga, but then this was still in Mexico... The fox spirit at her side remained silent, perhaps deigning only to observe for the time being.

----[x]----

Mohammed was going to be the one to speak and interrogate the strange woman they'd found in the desert. She'd been so ill-equipped for traversing out there, what had she been thinking? If this was a ploy by the enemy then it was a dirty one. Mohammed's scowl deepened at that possibility though he shook the thought away, moving to unlock the door and enter the room where she resided.

From the looks of things as he entered she must have just woken, coming to terms with her surroundings. They'd been kind enough to leave her belongs here with her, if only by virtue that they'd rummaged through it, taking whatever might be used as a weapon.

"You're awake then. Good," he greeted, closing the door behind him and pocketing the keys. Mohammed held up his hands as this woman blinked owlishly at him, surprise quite apparent there in her gaze. "I merely wish to ask a few questions, assuming you do not try anything and you won't end up hurt."

It would be easier this way, if she cooperated. But would she? She was so obviously American and perhaps she sympathized with her military. Mohammed would be ready for whatever may come though he hoped for the best. He didn't quite want to spill blood unless he had to.

Last edited by MadHattersPassion on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 pm

The boy squirmed even though it was clear he couldn't get out of Peyote's grasp. He scoffed in response, barely listening to the excuses that the kid was shouting out. He glanced back at the American woman briefly, listening to her explain something about a phone that was stolen.

"Give it back, kid," he told the boy bluntly, finally setting him back down on his feet, "before I make you."

He watched as the kid shuffled back and forth, eyes trained on the ground. Eventually, the kid forked the phone over, before brushing past Peyote. He turned just once to shout back; "Don't let me catch you again, kid, or I'll let you mama know what you've been up to!"

Peyote brushed off whatever might have been shouted back or if the kid did anything obscene. Truth be told, he'd already caused enough trouble. There was no point in getting him into more. 

Instead, he glanced back at the American woman as she toyed with that phone of hers. Must have been pretty important if she barreled through most of the people here to get it.

"You'll want to be more careful, chica," he noted, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "A lot of thieves run around in this town, some more threatening than that kid. Anyways, you lost or something? Most tourists don't come down here on their own."

---- [ x ] ----

The sound of a door being unlocked drew her attention. Kalila immediately tensed, her whole form trembling. She felt dizzy and sick. If only she had put her other bottle of pills in her bag.

The lump didn't disappear from her throat even as she swallowed hard. What she saw was impossible and yet, somehow, he was there. Mohammed, a character from a manga she'd recently finished...

This had to be some kind of sick joke...But nobody would go that far. All of this only made her mind race more. Her chest hurt as her blood pressure started to rise.

Kalila felt tears well up in her eyes. She tried to wipe them away, but more seemed to replace them. 

"Where am I?" she finally managed through a trembling voice, "Who are you? Please...I don't know what happened..."

He had no reason to believe her, she knew that. Kalila just hoped with some out of desperation or pity that he might believe what she had to say. Kalila really had no idea what was going on or even how she got here. Knowing that, she felt even worse.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 6:22 pm

It was amazing just what kind of authority Peyote commanded from the bratty kid. Even though the latter attempted to stall, to avoid giving the phone back, he eventually did before hurrying away sullenly. Rekka didn't bother to see if he did anything as he went, busying herself with brushing the screen off with the hem of her shirt and checking for any damage. It was an unnecessary thing to do, she knew, yet she took to it anyways.

She paused in her ministrations to glance up at Peyote, a little surprised he remained standing there. Rekka honestly thought him the type to wander back to wherever he wanted or needed to be at after this. Seeing him here, outside of the manga, in the flesh... It was a little more than just surprising and Rekka wasn't sure how to approach the situation at all. It wasn't like she knew much about it much less paid much mind to his character and now she was speaking to him...

"Right, I'll keep that in mind... Thanks," she said finally. Still, what was she supposed to say to his question? "I wouldn't exactly call myself a tourist, but I am lost."

That much was true anyways. It wasn't like she'd consciously chosen to come to Mexico much less in a more dangerous part of this particular place. Still, Peyote didn't seem too bad...

"Yes, more akin to a lost kit, this one," the fox spirit finally spoke, moving to waltz right through Rekka as she did.

Rekka froze where she stood, a shiver running through her at the odd sensation of a spirit passing through her body. It left a cold chill through her long after the fox had finished her traipse on through. Rekka quickly scolded the spirit, "Rude!"

----[x]----

Mohammed halted as the woman set eyes on him if only due to her sudden reactions alone. Her eye had widened, tears forming almost immediately after and she all but shrank in on herself. Mohammed's hands remained hovering in the air, unsure if he should keep them there or not. Honestly, this was the first in a long time that he was at a loss as to the situation.

Was she not here for any particular reason then...?

"You are in the Middle East, where at in particular I cannot say," Mohammed told her truthfully. They couldn't afford that information to leak somehow, back to the military men they fought. "I am Mohammed. Might you tell me what you do remember? What is your name?"

The questions might have been simple but he wondered if she'd be able to tell him now or not. Panic might be too set in and too strong to allow for an easy interrogation, even without the intent for force. She clearly was not military, not trained for such situations. Mohammed was many things but he was not needlessly cruel. Whatever she had been doing out there in the desert sun and heat, it hadn't been to out them.

"Just breath," he reassured, if only because he was not entirely sure how to handle this situation.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 7:44 pm

There was something about this one that didn't seem quite right. It wasn't that she was lying, she just seemed... hesitant about it, nervous. There wasn't any reason to be, well, other than the theft. Maybe she just had the jitters from that.

Her response was simple enough. Peyote would have question further when a little spirit passed right through her, speaking on her behalf. Nonetheless, he was surprised at first. There were so few shamans left in the world and to find one right in front of him after all of that. It was pretty amazing.

"Lost one, then," he replied after a moments thought, "And a shaman too. Who would have thought. Aren't you full of surprises, chica."

Truth be told, Peyote wasn't sure what to expect now. She still seemed confused, even started by the little fox spirit. Even so, if this was her partner, shouldn't she know it a bit better? He hummed briefly in thought.

"So what do you mean by 'lost'? Where are you headed?" he inquired further.

Maybe he could figure out a little more about this shaman if he pushed a little more. Peyote paused a moment after, blinking down at the shorter woman.

"Ah, my name is Peyote Diaz, by the way. Care to part with yours?"

---- [ x ] ----

His answers were slow, his tone never rising. For that she was thankfully. Any more pressure and she probably would have been in a fit of sobbing right now, not that she was doing any good with her crying at the moment. She needed to find a way to ward off the panic...

Knowing that she was in the Middle East, before the time line, before Hao, that terrified her. This was war time. Kalila quickly became aware she could be hurt here or worse.

She tried to push the thought away as soon as it came. Panic was already settling in and as he parted with his name, she almost missed him asking for her own.

Kalila swallowed the lump in her throat, the act painful now that she realized how dry it was. As he advised, she just tried to breath before she managed to speak up again, "Kalila..."

It wasn't much but it was a start. As for his other question, she could only shake her head at it. She didn't remember much, most of it a haze. There were little details but the full picture wasn't there.

"I was...walking home from work..." she finally started, the tremble in her tone still there, "Saw something...I think I saw something...And I went after it but..."

She trailed off, trying to think of what it was. The shape was an animal, she remembered that much. To what kind, she couldn't say.

"I don't remember anything after that...I think I blacked out and then woke up here..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Rekka was finding it difficult to really read Peyote from his body language and expression. Mostly he just seemed curious and rather lax, if not a tad grumpy. But then, hadn't he always seemed grumpy or amused when it was all a fictitious world? Rekka thought that's how it had been.

Still, perhaps the fox had helped with her little show, driving questions to another route. If that was the case then Rekka was thankful. Was this fox tagging along with her for a reason though? If so, then for what ones? Rekka couldn't very well ask right now.

"Dunno, I was heading home and then just started wandering. Now I'm here," Rekka answered after a moment's pause. It was true enough anyways. She had been on the way home from work before wandering off instead, on a whim, not necessarily in the mood to deal with many people. Had she seen or done anything during that walk to end up here, however? Rekka couldn't remember.

Besides, it wasn't uncommon for her to suddenly withdraw from everyone and disappear for awhile if able to. Usually when she was without her medications but even with them she had a time or two when she'd done as such. Now it seemed it had landed here in an unexplainable situation.

"Excuse the little kit, she comes not from a family of shamans," the fox pointed out rather helpfully. It would shed light on things for Peyote at least.

Nonetheless Rekka offered a sigh before they formally received Peyote's name. "I'm Rekka. The fox is just... the fox. She refuses to share her name, actually."

As if to prove Rekka correct on that matter the fox merely smiled coyly and flicked one of her six tails.

----[x]----

Mohammed wasn't sure what to do or say to stop the tears from spilling over. Still, he needed whatever information she may well have regardless of her feelings. This was important. Besides, if she hadn't been brought here she would have surely died out there whether from sun stroke or dehydration.

He spared a nod, echoing her name, tasting the sound of it. Kalila was certainly a foreign one but not necessarily a bad name. Mohammed kept the compliment to himself. She was answering his other questions, cautiously yet they came anyways. Despite that it was of no help, warranting a deep frown to crease his brow.

"Is that right?" he pressed, hoping for more. Despite that he didn't sense that she was lying; what reason did she have for doing that anyways? "You're a far ways from home, I'd imagine..."

But why was that? Did she have some connection to shamans and spirits? It was difficult to tell when she had no visible spirit ally at her side. Even Djinn was hidden away for the time being, so as not to give himself away. Shamans may be few and far between but there was no telling who might be one. Caution was best to adhere to, even now.

"Are you sure you remember nothing more?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 pm

That was vague. It didn't provide him with a full picture but at least an idea. Then again, for all he knew, she was just a run away. He could have believed it was because of her shamanic abilities and yet, her spirit claimed her parents weren't shamans.

"So you're a run away, then?" he guessed after a moment, "Must have trekked pretty far from the States."

It was easy to tell, especially given how pale she was. A thick accent to boot, she had to be from up further north. No one near the border acted or spoke this way, much less looked as pale as she did.

He blinked at the spirit then, wondering why the ghost hadn't given up her name. Maybe it was a personal reason, maybe it was something else. Peyote didn't know.

"Well, parents being shaman or not, I guess I can't leave one of my kind wandering out here alone," he pointed out after a moment, "Someone'd eat you alive if I did."

Peyote dug into his pockets, producing a pack of cigarettes. Taking one and lighting it, he took a long drag before exhaling.

"If you're okay with bars, we can talk a little more in mine," he told her, "It'll be a little more comfortable there."

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila did her best to go over what she had experienced again and again in her mind. The animal, whatever it was, had been a mere silhouette against the trees. She thought it might have been a deer and wanted to get a closer look at it but...

"That's all I remember," she answered carefully, trying to keep her voice from shaking again, "Well...maybe not...Grandma always told me about spirit animals. If you really believe in being 'spirited away', maybe it's something like that."

It was a large stretch but given the series, she was putting her money on it. Here, it was a logical explanation. Anywhere else, she might have been looked at as crazy.

"I'm from the States so...far from home is an understatement," she replied.

Already, Kalila's mind was trying to figure out how to ween herself off her medication slowly to deal with withdrawals. Then there was the anxiety itself and the possible panic attacks.

Why, of all places, did she have to end up here?
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 am

Rekka blinked at Peyote's assumption. A run away; did she really look like one? Maybe. Then again if that's what he thought he'd think she was pretty dumb given the contents of her bag. Rekka didn't elaborate on that to him however.

"I am from the midwest region," Rekka admitted, finally taking to tucking her phone away in her pocket.

It was quiet between them for a moment or two, broken only by the sounds around them. This place was bustling, even for a small Mexican town. Rekka didn't mind, not many stopped to listen in, or maybe that was because not many could speak or understand English.

Rekka blinked, surprised at Peyote's comment. Did she look that helpless? Probably, given how skinny and breakable she must appear. Keeping weight on had always been a problem... She shook thought away as Peyote fished out a cigarette and lit it. She hadn't been much of a bar fly but it would mean being able to sit down at least.

"Ah, I don't mind," she answered finally.

----[x]----

This woman, Kalila, was quiet for a long while, eyebrows knitted together as she thought it all over. Mohammed waited patiently, knowing that rushing her might result in a panicked and thus incorrect recollection. That was even assuming she remembered anything despite her efforts.

He rose an eyebrow at her answer. Spirited away, that sounded like the sort of talk from a shaman but was she one? Mohammed wasn't quite able to put the pieces together and summoning Djinn might not be best. He wasn't exactly a pretty face and might only startle her further. He'd rather not deal with her panicking once more when she finally seemed to have managed to get a grip on herself, despite her fears and concerns.

"From the States you say? I'd gathered, though your appearance here is... concerning," he admitted finally. "You seem as if you haven't a clue how to survive here at all."

If nothing else it only lent more credence to her claim of being spirited away. Perhaps she was a shaman and the spirits were merely playing with her. Why bring her here where she was most susceptible though? Mohammed shook his head and took a step forward.

"I am afraid despite all that I can't just let you wander off. You might give away our location to the wrong people, or die out there," he pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:43 am

So he was right about her being pretty far up in the States. She must have not been a normal run away but Peyote left that silent for the moment. There were a lot of assumptions here and he couldn't be sure yet.

He motioned for her to follow after him a moment after she'd spoken up. If she knew little Spanish, much less her way around, things could get pretty bad for her here. She might have underestimated that, however.

"You have family that might be worrying about you?" he inquired after a moment.

Peyote wouldn't force her home. By all means, there was no reason too and it was her decision. That didn't mean he didn't believe she should think about her decisions either.

"Any friends you could call?"

Glancing down at her, she seemed to be in thought. If she didn't want to answer, that was fine too. It wasn't his place to say anything at all, if he was completely honest. Still, it didn't hurt to try either.

---- [ x ] ----

Mohammed seemed to be trying to piece together her answers. There wasn't much and she'd parted with all she knew. Kalila wished she had more answers to give him, so she might understand what was happening too.

From what he gathered however, he was putting some things together. Living in a rather lush area, she never experienced life in an arid desert like this, much less a war ridden one.

"No, I don't," she told him truthfully, "I have no idea what to expect here nor have I ever wanted to..."

The option to join the military had come when she turned eighteen, like it did with many young people, but she had said no. This wasn't a life that she could handle.

Kalila had a good idea that she wouldn't be able to just walk away. She was prepared for that but still very uncertain about it all.

"I expected that but..." she paused, trying to put into words what the problems to come would be, "I have medication for...anxiety, and not a lot of it left so...things aren't going to be easy for me from here on out, even worse than I'd like to admit..."

That might give him an idea of what was to come. Withdrawals, panic attacks, and coming down from those attacks could take days. It wasn't at all a favorable situation and she didn't want to be anyones baggage here.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:58 am

It only took a moment before Peyote waved at her to follow, heading towards his bar. Rekka paused only long enough to share a glance with the fox spirit before following after. There were a few folks inside though none of 'em seemed to pay much mind to her or Peyote as they entered.

She blinked, glancing up at Peyote as he asked about family and friends. Was he attempting to coerce her to head home? As nice a sentiment as that might be, Rekka couldn't be sure her family existed in this world. For all she knew it was just her here. But no, that wasn't quite right; something told her that Kalila was here, somewhere in this world too. Shamans were supposed to have a sixth sense for those things; with that in mind Rekka didn't question the feeling too much.

"The family and I didn't get along," Rekka admitted simply after a moment. "And I wasn't exactly a social butterfly."

Her gaze slid away from Peyote as she'd spoken, taking in the bar he seemed to own. It seemed rather simple compared to some she'd seen on TV on shows like Bar Rescue and the like. Maybe he preferred it that way, or maybe it was all he could afford. It wasn't like Rekka could say without really knowing Peyote or his situation here.

----[x]----

At the very least she was well aware of her situation. Mohammed could appreciate that, especially so since it made things easier. Kalila could very well have argued and fought, attempting to leave regardless of what she'd been informed about. Instead she accepted the situation with a fair amount of grace, if not with some concern as well.

She continued, however, to explain a medication she needed. This news deepened Mohammed's frown, the creases in his brow growing more pronounced. That wasn't a good thing to hear. What kind of medication did one even use for anxiety? Whatever it was, Mohammed could be positive that they had no means of procuring it.

"That is worrisome indeed," he agreed. "Unfortunately, I am uncertain as to what we might be able to do for you there."

This worried her further, he could tell by her reaction alone. Despite that Mohammed's mind was a whirl with the strange situation governing her appearance here. What could they do with her? They couldn't well just send her out on her way or force her to fight with them. This was becoming quite the mess...
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 am

The answers were simple ones but at least they were answers. If she didn't have much in ways of family or friends, then she really had no place to go. For whatever reason, it didn't quite sit right with him to just let her wandering the streets on her own. Mexico could be a dangerous place in it's own right.

Still, he sat at a bar stool, ignoring the tenders at the moment. No doubt their questions would eventually come. For now, he'd rather focus on what she had to say.

"Your spirit claims your not born of a family of shamans. Any idea how this one attached herself to you?"

The little fox had been oddly quiet now despite being plenty outspoken before. Maybe she was just fond of letting her partner figure things out on her own.

"Spirits don't tend to do that, not willingly," he further explained, "Unless you're turning into demons, that is. And that little thing doesn't look like a demon."

Peyote leaned back, elbows leaning against the stand. He'd tend to the cigarette in his mouth when it was needed but other than that, kept his sight trained on Rekka.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila knew it was best to be honest here. Right now, this was all she had. If they sent her out on her own, she knew she would die. It was best to stay on what ever good graces she had.

Still, she didn't miss the expression of concern that overtook his features for a moment. Why wouldn't this be a concerning matter? For all intents and purposes, he was dealing with a white girl in a place that wasn't so accepting of white or women. On top of that, the emotional anxiety wouldn't help.

"I'm sorry, it's troublesome, I know," she apologized a moment later, "The most I can try is to ween myself off it but that doesn't stop withdrawals or the possibility of seizures..."

Maybe that was being a little bit too honest. Kalila wasn't sure what to do about it though. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. She was completely ill equip for the entire situation and even worse, wasn't sure what they would do with her.

In a bid to distract her thoughts again, she toyed with the fringe on her bag. She wasn't sure how long she would last here but already predicted it wouldn't be terribly long...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 1:29 am

Peyote made himself comfortable at one of the stools though Rekka remained standing. Much like entering someone else's abode for the first time, she found herself a tad awkward. This wasn't just some trip to a bar, after all. Peyote seemed interested in her, or at least in her story and circumstances, and it wasn't like Rekka had anywhere else to go.

Rekka blinked at the mention of the fox spirit. Turning she met the fox's gaze though could no sooner divine any kind of answer from those eyes than she could move mountains. As such, Rekka shook her head and turned back to Peyote. It was clear that the fox wasn't going to answer unless she deemed in necessary to.

"I just woke up and she was there one day," Rekka answered honestly. No need to point out that that day was today specifically.

The fox chuckled, moving to sit herself at Rekka's side, tails curled around her. It was strange to think no one but Peyote and herself could see the fox. Even so, Rekka knew it to be true.

"Maybe I just looked too pathetic to leave alone," Rekka offered with a shrug.

----[x]----

Mohammed shook his head at her apology but said nothing right away. There was much to think about but leaving her alone in this room seemed foolish. Who knew what she might do on her own? He'd rather not find out. There were many foolhardy people out there after all and he could not attest to Kalila's sense of preservation yet.

"All we can do is perhaps wait and see what happens," Mohammed said finally. "There is little else to do or say for it at the moment."

At least, not until Mohammed and his allies knew exactly what to expect and how to react to it. That was even without acknowledging that some here might not like Kalila's presence here. Mohammed wasn't going to just throw someone out to their death, however. That would make them no better than those they fought.

He sighed through his nose, crossing his arms over his chest. This was far more troublesome then he would have initially believed it to be. Then again, what was he supposed to have expected from her?

"We will keep an eye on you and see what we might be able to do," Mohammed promised. Though he said this he knew that job may come down to solely him.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:51 pm

She seemed to be a little awkward in the bar. Maybe it was because she was in a new environment. It could very well be, given the circumstances. Maybe with time, she'd feel a little more comfortable.

The little fox spirit was rather interesting. He hadn't seen one like that before. Animal spirits were incredibly strong as well. She was lucky to have this unique spirit.

"Strange," he replied rubbing his chin, "Wouldn't complain too much, chica, animal spirits are some of the strongest."

If she could really take on a shamanic life, she would eventually see that. He had to wonder what was so important about how this spirit grew attached to her. For now, Peyote pushed it off.

"So you're a run away and don't have anywhere to go. Got any plans?"

If she didn't have anywhere else to go, he could offer a place to stay for a while. Rekka might have plans later on down the road, however, but perhaps she'd enlighten him now.

---- [ x ] ----

He was right in saying they could only wait. Kalila just didn't know how long it might take. She recalled starting out at a half a pill the first week and then a full. If she had enough, maybe she could ween herself off it...Still, that didn't quite mean the side effects wouldn't be there.

Mohammed seemed to be trying to think things through. It must have been a difficult situation. She had an idea of why but experiencing it now, it was going to be frightening.

Kalila raised her head when he sighed. His answer came soon after. She was able to spare a weak nod in response. Her heart still pounded against her chest painfully.

"I'm just...really tired..." she finally answered, "Just want to sleep."

The panic was enough to drain her. She was just happy it wasn't a full on attack. At least, not yet. She held out hope that it might happen again but was fully aware that might be wishful thinking as well.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Peyote seemed to take his time in processing her answers, or maybe he just had his own thoughts to mull over first. Heck, it could very well be that this was how he always was until later, in the shaman tournament. She shook the thought away for now. That tournament wasn't for a good handful of years, if she remembered right.

"Well, I'll consider myself lucky then," Rekka answered, despite already knowing that. She couldn't just tell Peyote why she'd know that already despite having an uncooperative spirit and no shamanic family to teach her.

The fox remained silent still, taking to cleaning herself, licking her paw and swiping at her ears and muzzle. It seemed she was content in remaining a standby in this conversation, speaking only when she deemed it important to. If that kept the fox happy for now then Rekka didn't see a need to force a change right now.

A thoughtful, rather sheepish look crossed her face upon Peyote's question. She hadn't been able to figure anything out at all and even if she did mange to, what use was it? She had no medical records, no paper trail to say she existed at all in this world. Any ID she had on her now wouldn't relate back to her at all. No social security number, no birth certificates, nothing...

Rekka glance away, something akin to a pout crossing her face. It was embarrassing to admit but-- "I'm not sure. I don't exactly have any money on me, and I'm sorely lacking in supplies..."

----[x]----

Mohammed allowed his hands to drop to his sides now that Kalila was no longer panicking about him in particular. Even so she looked to be on the verge of a massive panic attack anyways. Waking up in a strange place and without real answers would take its toll on anyone. Despite knowing this Mohammed wasn't sure what he could do and still keep things as they needed to be to preserve information and safety.

He offered a hum in answer to her statement. Sleep might be good for her but he hadn't exactly gotten any answers to give to everyone else. Then again, she hadn't exactly had answers to give.

A shake of his head followed though he gestured to Kalila and said "Do you need any water, or food? You've been unconscious for awhile and we have no way of knowing how long you were out there for."

At least he could make sure she stayed alive and healthy, or as healthy as could be here. Supplies were hard to come across safely anymore. The American military were onto them and kept a close eye for movement from them all. Even so, they would not quite until they were driven out of their homelands. Those men had no business being here.

Mohammed shoved those thoughts aside as well. Now wasn't the time for such brooding.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 7:22 pm

What she said was expected. From the looks of it, she had nothing but that bag on her. How in the world was she a run away anyways? It was really strange, if he was honest with that thought. Peyote brushed it off for the moment.

He took one last drag from his cigarette before he stamped it out in an ash tray. The smoke drifted in the air as he exhaled, drifting away a few moments after.

"So you don't have any plans...That's not good, chica," he finally replied, "And I don't know. It doesn't sit right to me just to send you out on your own."

Peyote leaned forward, letting his elbows rest on his knees. Folding his hands, he thought about the offer he was about to make. He didn't know here but she didn't seem to be bad person, just lost.

"If you'd like, you can hang around here or my home," he offered, "I don't have much but I don't quite like letting little lost ones running about on their own."

It was her decision in the end. He would extend the offer but if she declined it, he would understand.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila rubbed at her eyes. They were sore and burned, fully knowing that it was from her crying. She imagined that there would be a lot more of that in the future, no matter how hard she might resist it.

This question was simpler. She didn't quite fell hungry. In fact, her stomach was twisted in knots. If she tried to eat, she might just wind up only eating a few bites and leaving whatever else was left.

"Water...just water is fine," she finally decided.

It should have felt unbarring hot but she felt cold. The last time that happened was when she had her first panic attack. Her nerves had gotten so bad. It was really strange how that worked.

"I'll be fine otherwise...I think," she continued after a moment, "I'd like to think so, at least."

Holding onto some positive where there was none would be hard. The most she could do was try.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Rekka didn't bother to say much at first, well aware of how dumb she must sound. Who just wandered off without a plan in mind? Granted, she hadn't exactly meant to end up in Mexico much less in a world that was supposed to be fictional. How was she supposed to even really come to terms with that? Despite the dry heat that clung to her skin it still felt more like a dream than reality.

It wasn't until he'd leaned forward and spoke again did Rekka turn her attention back to Peyote, surprise coloring her expression. She felt her face flush at the 'lost one' thing cropping up again. What had that dumb fox started? That thought was there and gone in a moment, debating on the offer Peyote had given instead.

She didn't know too much about Peyote but was that due to lack of information the series gave or her lack of interest in his character? Now it seemed like she had to go by what little she knew of him, including this encounter, to make a decision. The fox didn't seem to be too inclined to weigh in her opinion either way.

Finally, Rekka answered, fussing at the longer side of her hair as she did so. "Well, if you don't mind... I can be kind of a handful sometimes."

That would be quite the understatement when her medicine ran out.

----[x]----

Mohammed's frown deepened marginally, something even he thought was impossible now. Or was it that it had lessened and he'd not realized? Ah, but it didn't matter either way. Kalila was clearly very upset and any information she might recall later could depend on her settling down and into the admittedly difficult time and situation.

He spared a nod at her answer. Something simple and do-able for the time being. "I'll be back in a moment then."

Low on supplies though they were he wasn't about to let the poor woman suffer needlessly. Some water could be spared and still have enough left for everyone until they could procure more. If anyone had a problem with it then Mohammed would deal with them. He didn't think anyone would kick up a fuss anyways.

The trip would be a quick one. The group of rebels, as they might as well be known as, had stayed here for some time. Eventually they might need to pack up and move on before they were spotted here but for now it worked for them all.

A canteen of water was quickly procured and he made his way back to the room Kalila would remain in for the time being. Despite her lack of information there was no way of knowing if she was trustworthy to let run around on her own here. Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Rekka was quiet for a long few beats, maybe weighing what options she might have had at the moment. She glanced at her fox spirit but the little spirit seemed more pleased to tend to itself than to her partner.

Eventually, she spoke up again, if a little hesitantly. She'd stick around but with the warning that she might have been a handful. Peyote snorted in amusement at that thought.

"Most people I know are," he answered her, ignoring the bar tenders brief protest of 'hey' in return. It was the truth, though. Peyote had a way about picking up vagabonds and trouble makers.

"There's not much you could throw at me that would be a bother," he noted after a moment, pointing at her briefly, "besides, I think you're too small."

It was a light joke, trying to lighten her mood a little bit. This could have been a worse situation for her, especially when it came to what might come. Whatever else might come, Peyote would figure out how to handle.

---- [ x ] ----

Mohammed had left the room, the door shutting quietly behind him. When he was gone, she felt herself coming apart again. She tried to wipe her tears away again, trying to blink them back as she lifted her head. Kalila's heart leapt in her throat when she found the form of a wispy bear in front of her.

Kalila's body tensed up and she pressed herself closely to the wall. This wasn't possible! Was she hallucinating the bear or...Before she could rationalize the answer, it spoke.

"You should not be afraid. You're already well aware of what is happening here...I am Mato, just one of your guardian spirits."

Kalila tried to relax a little but even so, it was difficult. She opened her mouth to speak, though, no words came out. Mind racing once again, Kalila tried to force a sound out of her mouth when she heard the latch on the door.

Mato heard it too and was immediately up on his hind legs. Sitting down, the bear looked so tall compared to Kalila. As the door swung open, the bear roared loudly and threateningly. Kalila didn't get a good look but she would have sworn she saw Mohammed scramble backwards, startled by Mato's sudden appearance here. In some ways, she found she sympathized.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 pm

The bartender was quick to shot his protests though it went mostly ignored. Peyote seemed used to it and, though Rekka shot the bartender a curious look, she didn't comment on it. She was still way out of her element here, unused to everything and everyone. It would be some time before she managed to get a handle on things, especially so with the use of shamanic abilities to contend with as well.

She blinked at the small comment. It wasn't the first she'd heard it, standing only at 5'4" and being scrawny to boot. Keeping weight on had always been something of a problem through her life. Even so, her mind quickly drifted to another rather small area of hers.

A pout overtook her features as she covered her chest, mildly offended. "Size isn't everything, jerk," she protested.

The fox snorted then, taking the time to shoot Rekka a look.
"It is concerning how quickly your thoughts turn to such things, kit."

Rekka's hands dropped back to her side then as she thought that comment over. Not a moment later she'd offered a shrug. She was a fairly honest person and whatever she said or did was usually unfiltered. Now was no different despite the situation.

----[x]----

Mohammed wasn't sure if he'd heard voices or not. He'd been lost in thought on the return to Kalila's room, though he pushed the thought aside. A moment after, once the door had swung open, he wished he hadn't.

There stood the mighty form of a bear of some sort, the type escaped Mohammed as he never needed to know about bears before in his life. Though he had the time to recognize that it as a ghost it was still daunting to see the creature rear back on hind legs and belt out a mighty roar that caused his ears to ring and his heart to leap into his throat. He back pedaled away from the spirit, nearly dropping the precious canteen of water in the process and only catching it by the tips of his fingers.

No one else in this building was a shaman. No one else would have heard that thunderous roar.

Mohammed's hands shook and he felt clammy even as he straightened, stepping back into the door frame. He held up his hands once more, one holding tight to the canteen, to show the bear spirit he meant no harm. Had it been with Kalila this entire time, hidden away? Mohammed guessed that was the case.

"Easy now," he murmured carefully. "I merely intended to bring Kalila water as promised."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 10:18 pm

He expected a reply to his taunting but not exactly what she did. For a moment, he was thrown off, as she focused more on her chest than her height. Peyote cleared his throat awkwardly for a moment before grinning.

"So she does have a sense of humor," he pointed out, "Here I thought you might have been a wet blanket, chica. There's no fun in that."

He was a hard one to offend. At times, it was easy to throw him off but other than that, he'd heard most everything and done enough in his time. Causing more trouble than he would openly admit did that to a person. She didn't have to know that right now, however.

Pushing himself up from his seat, he motioned for her again, "Best show you my house, then, chica. Wouldn't want you getting lost."

It wouldn't be a far trek. For the most part, if she knew the general area and kept her spirit close, she would be fine. People were more afraid of spirits here and respected them, even if they couldn't see them.

"Just keep that spirit close to you," he advised, "Could get you out of a world of trouble one day, if she cooperates."

---- [ x ] ----

She'd been right, he did backpedal almost immediately upon Mato's loud roar. Kalila had to cover her ears, the sound nearly deafening her. Even after it had faded, they still rang. That was a warning, she knew. Mato really was trying to protect her.

The great bear spirit let himself fall back to all forces. Still he snorted loudly, as if not believing the man in front of him. Maybe he expected someone else or even cruel people. Kalila was thankful for the protection.

"You best make good on your word, boy," the large spirit barked but otherwise stood aside, allowing Mohammed room to wander back in.

Even so, Mohammed still appeared wary about the bear spirit. He actually looked a little scared of Mato. That was a given. Kalila couldn't recall any bears in the Middle East, after all.

"I-I-I'm sorry," her voice shook, still bewildered that this bear even existed and was so close to her, "I d-didn't know, I didn't know he was here..."

If she had a guardian spirit, how long had he been with her? The answers weren't clear and she was so flabbergasted now, she couldn't form a coherent sentence.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Though he originally looked taken aback Peyote quickly recovered. What he said wasn't so surprising; Rekka had been told she was difficult to talk to and get to know. There wasn't much to do or say about that though, not without coming across as too serious.

Rekka offered another shrug. "What can I say? I'm full of surprises."

She swore she heard the fox utter an amused scoff though she couldn't be sure. It wasn't like she had time to dwell on it as Peyote rose to his feet, motioning for her to follow after him. Rekka waited until he'd taken a step or two before she did as such, curious. She had no reason to just stand around here, looking lost.

Peyote seemed like he had his heart in the right place, looking out for a stray like her. It was kind of strange, given what she did remember of his appearances in the manga before. Had all that been fictionalized too, or was it a product of the circumstances? Rekka supposed she might find out one way or another.

She glanced at the fox as she followed along at Rekka's side. The fox spirit didn't seem like she would trick Rekka, or ignore her if she needed it. Granted, it wasn't like Rekka knew her well either.

"I'll keep that in mind," she said finally.

----[x]----

It was a relief when the bear sat back, shambling out of his way as if the incorporeal form could have stopped Mohammed at all. This was not a vengeful ghost nor a demon and thus it would be relatively harmless unless integrated into someone or into some sort of medium. Still, it had given Mohammed's heart a kick start, still pounding hard and fast against his ribs as it was now.

Despite the bear's blessing it was a moment longer before Mohammed even moved to Kalila, handing over the canteen of water. If he had any say on the matter, Mohammed would state that she looked as surprised as he felt. Before he even said anything she was confirming his suspicion.

"No?" he questioned, brow furrowing despite his correct observation. He passed the bear another glance, wary of receiving another ear-splitting roar in return. "I had thought it was your spirit ally..."

If that wasn't the case then what was he doing here at all? That roar and the way he acted, this bear spirit was obviously protective of Kalila. But why was that if he was not her chosen spirit ally? It seemed there were many mysteries here other than her appearance in the desert. Mohammed wasn't quite sure how to feel about that.

"There is no need to apologize," he reassured a minute later.

Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 7:41 pm

She seemed to have her ups and downs so far. That was probably natural at the given moment. Peyote didn't pretend to understand her circumstances and due to this, didn't question her tone of voice. He merely walked on, wondering if she might improve in the days to come.

"Surprises come in small packages, then," he answered in a joking manner.

Whether or not she'd put focus on her chest, he couldn't say. She seemed to have a lot of personality, it was just somewhere else at the moment.

"I'm guessing you don't know a lick of Spanish, right?" he inquired as he walked outside. The dusty earth was something he was used to, kicked up by many people around, "Suppose we might have to fix that later if you plan on sticking around."

English here wasn't too common. Most stuck with their native language for obvious reasons. American's came and went. There wasn't too much need to learn.

"So other than that, tell me about yourself, chica. And don't try to tell me 'there's not much to tell'. I've heard that line a thousand times over."

---- [ x ] ----

Mato seemed to eye Mohammed warily but other than that, let the man pass on by without interruption. Shakily, Kalila took the canteen. Whether the shaking was from her nerves or the sudden appearance of the bear, she wasn't sure. At some point, she decided that maybe it was just both.

Mohammed's statement might have been true enough. For any shaman, this bear would have been considered her spirit ally. Up until this point, Kalila had no idea he was there. She didn't get much of a chance to answer, however.

"Totem," Mato had intervened, "Not unlike a spirit ally. We are simply with you from a time you are born. Most refer to us as a 'spirit animal', a guide from your ancestors."

That seemed like enough to figure out what was going on. To believe that any native american blood in her would produce this, however.

"My family's line came from the Apache Tribe," she explained, "I think that's what he means..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 8:04 pm

He didn't catch it though Rekka tossed Peyote a half-annoyed, half-amused look for the small comment. Nonetheless she said "The best of surprises" in return.

From the direction his questions were turning it seemed like he was thinking of the long term. It surprised Rekka a little; offering her a place to stay without really knowing her and even going so far as to learn more about what she might need help with to boot--it all seemed like a brilliant stroke of luck. At her side, the fox seemed pleased at the ease of which things were going.

"I know a handful of words and maybe three or four phrases, so, yeah, that's not a far off assumption," she answered truthfully. Lying about it wasn't going to help her any. "Mostly I can decipher some of it out if it's written down, thanks to some words being similar, but hearing it out loud tends to leave me a bit lost."

No sooner had she said this had Peyote nodded and then asked more about herself. Before she could even think to answer he'd already argued against the use of a common reply. Funny, though, she hadn't thought he'd be the people person type.

"Well," she paused, thinking it over. What was there to tell someone who was essentially a stranger? "I draw a lot, mostly, and I listen to a lot of music anymore. Sometimes I read, mostly horror or fantasy themed stuff, or write a little of the same type of thing..."

----[x]----

It was the bear, not Kalila, who answered Mohammed's question. A curious thing, given the bear's previous demeanor towards him. In fact, if he looked closely, Mohammed could swear that the spirit was eyeing him quite warily, as if the bear expected Mohammed to do something untoward. He resisted an offended scoff at that.

Curiosity soon outweighed his annoyance and wariness. Totem? Now what was this all about? Truthfully, Mohammed was not well versed in other cultures as their pertained to shamans. He'd had little time to even dwell on it through the years, struggling to survive and grow stronger. If not for Djinn being passed down and becoming quite an ally Mohammed wasn't sure he'd have even survived this long sometimes.

"I see," Mohammed murmured, crossing his arms. "I can't say I'm familiar with the name of that tribe or of their customs."

It was possible, from his little understanding, that those customs had long been lost anyways. Or, from the pale complexion Kalila had, she might only have a little Apache blood in her veins. There was no way for Mohammed to know for sure however.

"I trust I'll be seeing you around as well then, however?" Mohammed said, knowing the answer long before he'd even asked the bear such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 9:16 pm

His assumption had been corrected. It was impressive to say the least, that she knew as much as she did. Most American's didn't bother. At least this one had done something in her time.

"We can deal with all that later," he answered her, "Other than that, at least you know some of it."

He waited for her to answer his other question. Rekka took her time. Was it difficult to think of a few things to list off? Maybe she was one of those people who didn't think much of their hobbies.

Eventually, she answered. They were simple hobbies, not at all giving him an idea of her personality, but for the moment it was enough. If anything, they shared something in common. A love of music seemed like an important thing to her.

"I can't say I'm much for reading or drawing but I play music," he told her, a grin tugging at his lips, "Best in the whole country, if you can believe it."

Of course, some didn't believe him from first appearance. He and his band were quite known around the country, people just needed to hear the name or the music and they would figure it out.

---- [ x ] ----

While Mato spoke, Kalila unscrewed the cap of to the canteen and took small sips. She didn't want to make herself any sicker than she already was. The water wasn't cold but it was refreshing enough. She wasn't going to complain.

"I can't say I know more than what I've read in books," she answered after a moment. Kalila exhaled a sigh, "Or what my family has told me..."

She had always heard of spirit animals and their guidance but she never figured she'd actually have them. Within the world, there was enough myth that said a lot of things about totems and spirit animals.

Mato snorted as if Mohammed's question was obvious. It didn't take him but a moment to answer,
"Of course, it is my job. As long as you make no trouble for her, you'll have no trouble from me."

Kalila cleared her throat awkwardly, screwing the cap back onto the canteen. It was enough to fill her stomach for now. Even if she got hungry later on down the road, she had doubts she would eat.

"What happens next, then?" she finally dared ask. Kalila was a little afraid to find out.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 9:41 pm

With his reply Rekka allowed the topic of her limited knowledge of Spanish to drop. There didn't seem to be much of a need to carry it further when things were already sorted out there, at least it seemed like it. Still, some wouldn't be enough to carry on any sort of a conversation with anyone who didn't know English here.

Nonetheless she'd focused on Peyote's next question. There wasn't much to list off, honestly and it wasn't like she could rattle off video games alongside those things either. If this was truly the realm of Shaman King then the years had ticked backwards, so to speak. It wouldn't be for some time before all of that got really popular and all.

She blinked, torn away from her thoughts as Peyote spoke up. What he said wasn't too surprising; he didn't seem like the type to draw or read. Still, she remembered he'd carried around a guitar all the time in the panels he showed up in, so the music aspect wasn't surprising.

"Really?" she answered, picking up her pace to better peer up at him. There was a rather proud grin stretched over his lips. "Well, I'll believe it when I see one of your shows."

There might have been a bit of a teasing tone to her comment there. If anything she was curious now. Just how good was he? It wasn't like one could hear the talent through the pages of a book.

----[x]----

Kalila's knowledge seemed limited if her answer was anything to go by. Mohammed saw no reason to doubt her claim. Perhaps in the time to come he might learn more if only due to observation. Still, he kept that thought to himself.

Her spirit was very forthcoming with his answer and for that Mohammed was thankful. At the very least, if Mohammed did not try anything the bear deemed suspicious, they might get along well enough. Or, at least, as well as one could hope for given the situation in a whole.

"That depends entirely on the situation at hand and how well your shaman handles things then," Mohammed told the bear truthfully. There was too much at stake here to let Kalila go about as she wanted without restraint. It could get her or others killed.

He shook his head, allowing his hands to drop to his sides. What more could he do for her now then to stand and make conversation? He had no answers to give to the others, and he had no intentions to tell them of her shamanic abilities. Shamans were uncommon nowadays, believed more to be myth than actuality. Mohammed already knew no one would believe him anyways.

"It is difficult to say. We can't very well let you wander off, knowing where we are. Even if you have no intentions of letting our location be known to others it might happen anyways..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next