AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] 2nged5x

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Empty
PostSubject: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:48 am

Oh, I'm tackling something big today. Something giant. Something that's one hundred and seventy five chapters of shit. This series known as 'Sucked into a Game' is a Pokemon story that I've seen floating around for a long time, considered reviewing it, but deciding against it simply because of the length. Well, I figure if I tackle this a little at a time, it won't hurt as badly.

So, the start of the review! Sucked into a Game!

Quote :
Mikki’s p.o.v

Might I start with the 'p.o.v' card is probably going to be played a lot in this. And how much I hate it. The 'p.o.v' card only serves to confuse the reader because it will switch so fast and in such unneeded places, it becomes a headache to follow and is less then appealing for the reader. It's a worn out card that, put into the hands of the wrong writer, does nothing but gives headaches.

Quote :
“Come on, come on!” I whispered as I pushed the A button. “Only like 10 hp left!” The storm outside was blowing and howling away merrily but I wasn’t paying it any mind. “1 more pokemon left and then I’m the champion!” I had been really sick and confined to my room, so pokemon Soul Silver had quickly become my new friend. 

“And the crowd goes wild, I win!” I said throwing my hands in the air. I brought my d.s. back to my face. As Lance the former Champion was taking my sprite to the room the screen turned black.

Oh joy, an overly enthusiastic character to throw in 'spunk' and 'fun'. I can already see this going down hill fast.

I'll also make note of this going to be the 'I get to choose the world I can be in' cliché, done very badly...but perhaps I should let you read the next paragraph. Cause it kind of pisses me off for a personal reason.

Quote :
“What?! No! No! Why~!” I shouted. All that hard work gone to waste. I thought. But then something began to type in green letters across the blank screen.

Do you want to come to our world?

“Huh?” I was surprised from this. I looked around the room. No ones there. “Uh, yes?” I said out loud as I hit the A button again. After all who hadn’t wanted to go and see real pokemon. But it’s not like anything is really going to happen. A blot of lightning hit somewhere far off and I jumped.

“Beginning transference Sequence” I heard an automated voice say and the room started to spin.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] 000fkh8c

Now, my lovelies, most of you probably never had the chance to read my series known as 'Who's Afraid of the Dark?'. It was something I started back on Quizilla before I found other sites and was rather, much to my surprise, popular among the Pokemon fandom. The first chapter featured my character (Oki, yes – this is where my nickname originated from) playing her copy of Soul Silver and coming across a strange sprite in the game she'd never seen before.

Upon talking to this sprite via the game, it asked her; “Have you ever wanted to experience the game for real?” then popped a 'yes or no' option. Upon hesitating, she choose 'yes' and set off the events of being sucked into the game without realizing the choice she had actually made.

This writer here, whose done this 'Sucked into a Game' fan fiction has used my plot point almost to the WORD. The only form of something different was that she had no form of hesitation. She basically said 'fuck all of this and my family, I'm going to another world!'. It shows a very poor writer who can only think of her own selfish acts instead of the panic and fear of her family, friends, etc.

While I had made my plot point interesting, she simply took it and turned it into something far from what I had originally done. This is why I don't really care for Quizilla or even a lot of other writing sites. Because once the story gets popular in some form, other 'writers' steal the ideas, put very little thought into why the original writer choose to do it the way they did, and simply copy, earning a lot of views and fans from the original writers work, simply stolen and dumbed down.

Now you can see why this pisses me off...

Quote :
“Stop spinning!” I groaned gripping my bed. Spinning made me feel even worse. I Put my head down and closed my eyes. It felt like it just kept on getting faster and faster. “Please stop spinning?” I asked the room and surprisingly enough, it started to slow down. I kept my eyes closed till the room had come to a complete stop. A loud bird cry made me open my eyes and let go of my bed.

Oh! The horrible spinning! It's so bad!

The fuck is this girl going on about? You start spinning and you're in another world, conscious? Hardly thought that would be a possibility. So, if I slam into my TV, will that send me into The Avengers when I'm watching that? Cause if it's really that easy, I'm totally going for it.

Quote :
“This isn’t my room? Is it?” I asked out loud.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] _b2cd58bb393b0ff71a0e9a87eb0a93e0

Quote :
The new room had nice wooden floors and there was a poke ball rug in the middle. The walls had different pokemon from all the different regions. I wasn’t feeling sick anymore either. I went to the window and opened it. I could see a flock of pidgey’s fly away. “I am in the pokemon world!” I said slowly.

Shit! You wanted to give up your family and friends for this! Obviously, you'd be in the Pokemon world! There isn't any need for surprise because you knew it was going to happen!

As I said, good plot point taken from a writer who made her character confused, depressed, and hesitant in this 'new world' to this shit right here! God, never again will I let something like this slide! I worked hard on that plot even if I didn't finish it!

Quote :
“Hey Mikki!”

“Huh? Who said that!” I said quickly turning around.

“Down here Mikki, I guess you really did hit your head hard.”

When in the hell was it ever mentioned that she hit her head?!

Quote :
I looked down to see a boy with a Marill on the front porch. He had a black and Yellow hat and was in a red hoodie.

“Do I know you?” I asked.

“You got amnesia too? It’s me Ethan!” He said. I don’t know how but I started to remember. All sorts of memories started to flood in my head.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] 0001k2aw

Let me guess! In this shit feast of a story, this chick was somehow originally part of the Pokemon world but for some strange and mysterious reason she was sent to the real world because she's either A. in danger of being found by some evil organization or B. there is no reason, it's just done to make it interesting.

I suppose we'll see as this story goes on!

Quote :
“I’m sorry, I remember now!” I said rubbing my head. I could feel the lump of where I hit my head. “So what do you want?”

“Professor Elm’s giving away rare pokemon today, I thought of all people you’d remember.” Ethan said. I opened my eyes wide.

“Be right down in a minute!” I shouted to him as I rushed to my drawers. I started to put on what I liked best. But where are all these memories coming from? Maybe I’ve always been here or something else. When I was all done I looked myself in the mirror and smiled. “Come on Mikki, it’s a whole new Adventure.

Lovely nonexistent description of what this character is supposed to look like. Oh and the memory thing again. Yea, cause mentioning that doesn't hold any clue that 'this is going to pop up again or never at all' kind of mentality.

God, someone kill me already...

Last edited by Twilight Owl on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xxxJRosesxxx
Claptrap
Claptrap

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Empty
PostSubject: Plagiarism   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 pm

While I know no legal action can technically be done for plagiarizing a fanfiction, but you could unleash all your loyal fans of your origial Pokemon fanfiction and friends in general upon her. Also make it well known to people reading it that she is coping you. If you gave me the link I and some of my friends could cause some havoc, I'd be more tha happy to do so for you.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01] 2183569575 Mwahaha!
Back to top Go down

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [01]
Page 1 of 1