AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Empty
PostSubject: Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18]   Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 pm

WARNING FROM THE FUTURE
I picspam a lot in this. Like almost to a point of doing it religiously.

Resident Evil: Russian Territories {Leon S. Kennedy} Pt.19 Fear you can't forget

The key to change...is to let go of fear...Chris and BillyBenny must do that in order to survive their nightmare.

Chris and BillyBenny stayed unconscious on the ground outside except for Karla and Milla; strangely though the girl didn’t fall under the sedative. Leon thought for sure that would have knocked her out, it was enough to knock out a panther.

What?! If it's strong enough to knock out a panther it'll probably kill a child! Even if it's the virus the kid is infected with is what's combating the sedative Leon doesn't know she's infected! The fuck is wrong with you?!

“I vant to go vith Karla.” Milla insisted as Leon and Anya exchanged glances.

“Honey,” Anya glanced up at Leon as he diverted his gaze back to his unconscious girlfriend whom he held in his arms.

She sighed and looked back towards Milla, “Ve are going to make her feel better. You can’t come because if you do SvetlanaRosso vill imprison you.”

“I don’t care.” Milla said shaking her head as she glared. “Karla risked her life for me, and I vill not abandon her.”

This is not how children of any age act. Seriously, this kid has no self-preservation instinct and is supposed to be all mature for her age but what it comes across as is creepy and unrealistic.

“Don’t say ve didn’t varn you.” Anya said dryly as the three walked back into the castle all the while Leon watched as the little girl named Milla met his steps and strides perfectly as though in cadence.

Finally arriving at Anya’s room Leon carefully set Karla down upon the sheets and as he did she giggled in her sleep.

Who just brainlessly giggles in their sleep? I've heard people both groan, grumble and flat out shout in their sleep but never giggle.

“I don’t vant to know.” Anya muttered as Leon rolled his eyes.

Milla sat down on the floor beside the bed as she watched Leon roll up the end of Karla’s shirts before beginning to peel away the bandages.

“Vhy did Chris and BillyBenny stay outside?” Milla asked to no one in particular.

Anya noticed that she had said a different alias then the one they found on Mr. ChaseHooker. Was BillyBenny his real name?

And this is why BillyBenny is a fucking dumbass. The point of an alias is to not use your real name. But because his IQ is a single digit he gave his real name out to his "allies" who didn't need to know it and thus it's spreading and will blow his cover.

SvetlanaRosso vanted us to leave them there, thankfully she doesn’t know about Karla.”

...? What? How does the main bad not know about Karla? What? I don't understand....

Anya said softly as she made her way to said woman on the bed. Leon was done peeling away the bandages as she kneeled down beside the bed and held her hands out over the bloody wound.

“But they vill be okay…right?” Milla asked hesitantly, Leon was about to answer her when Anya began the process and at the same time answered her.

I'm very confused right now, what process is Anya starting here? It's implied to be healing but you can't just imply something we've never seen done before in the narrative, not without any build up.

“If you cared so much, you should’ve stayed there vith them. And not have tagged along vhere you don’t belong.” The words hurt Milla and Anya wasn’t dumb; she said it on purpose in order to not get too close to her. If she would’ve become attached to the girl, then she would be a danger to her.

Wow was that handhold-y! Seriously, that could have been cut down by at least half of what it was and still get the point across without treating readers like they're incapable of understanding.

Leon acknowledged the cruel statement but knew where Anya was coming from; he did after all do the same. He looked down at Karla and noticed that her complexion was started to regain its light brown color once more. The healing was working.

God damnit! What is it with this author and healing abilities?! They're fucking everywhere! And notice it's only just now mentioned that Anya has healing abilities only when Karla needed it!

Anya’s hands were glowing a light blue and he never knew the RB-virus could give this sort of power. He wondered and at the same time feared what the other women’s powers were.

VIRUSES DON'T WORK THIS WAY! This is straight up magic in a fic that has no magic! Sure there's fire-blood (ex. Alexia Ashford at the time this fic was written and later Manuela Hidalgo) and Alexia's strange ability to control vines but at least the former can be attributed to the virus and the latter handwaved away as it only happens in one instance in the series.

Karla’s wound was beginning to close up nicely, and little by little it started to look like she was never injured at all. Leon wondered what type of infection or serum she was injected with; surely it was dangerous since it took away her powers.

Notice how without her powers Karla was instantly rendered useless? Recall all the times she harassed and bullied Ashley for being "useless?" Yeah. Just keep that in mind because we're supposed to feel sorry for Karla yet we weren't supposed to feel sympathy for Ashley at all.

“There.” Anya said as she removed her hands and begun to clean up the blood that was on Karla’s torso. “She should vake up in no time.”

“Thank you.” Leon said as he threw away the dirty bandages and once Anya was done cleaning he rolled down the black half tee followed by her black and white shirt.

“So little girl. Ready to join the cell or do you vant to join Mr. Redfield and Mr. ChaseHooker?” Anya spoke coldly as Milla never removed her eyes from her guardian.

“I go vhereever she goes.”

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting some seriously disturbing vibes from this brat's fixation on Karla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Redfield groaned as he got up and rubbed the side of his neck, it felt like he was out for days rather than hours.

*squees* Oh my God! Oh my God! That was the proper use of "then/than"

He froze as soon as his vision became clearer; it looked as though he was in a rather large mansion. Wait a minute, he was.

And just like that all my good feels are gone.

His eyes widened as he recognized the two people in front of him; Barry, and Wesker

You poor, misplaced comma. It's okay, we'll find a good home for you later!

but Jill was no where to be found. They were dressed in their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms and when he looked down he realized that he was still dressed in his tan jacket and navy combat pants. His shirt underneath was the same one he had worn in his mission in Kijuju, with the BSAA insignia on both sleeves. It looked like they didn’t even notice, for Wesker looked like the Captain he was suppose to be.

Suddenly Wesker turned back to him, “Chris, take Barry and investigate the west side of the mansion. I will secure this area.”

He stood there and froze as Barry turned to him, “What’s wrong Chris?”

Realizing the attention was on him he shook his head and worked up the courage to let the words flow out naturally, “Fine. Just a little spooked still about those damn dogs.”

I'm really having a hard time understanding the point of this scene. You know, other than for padding.

Barry let out a chuckle and Wesker nodded once in his direction. “Good. Now go and find Karla.”

Chris did a double take as he furrowed his brows in confusion, he was sure he had heard it correctly.

Barry nodded and smiled, “You have to or we’ll kill her.”

Never mind. It's just more scene to have Chris slavering and worrying over Karla. Carry on, folks.

He shook his head as he backed away towards the front doors the both of them seeming to inch closer with every step.

“What’s wrong Chris? Afraid of your own comrades?” Wesker asked cruelly as his smirk grew along with Barry’s.

I'm a little confused as to why Barry's a bad guy in this dream sequence here. Sure, he was working with Wesker in the first installment of the series but he'd been coerced into it. Wesker had threatened to kill his wife and children. What would Barry have to gain for being cruel, even in a dream? Chris and Jill did find out about the blackmail after all and so Chris dreaming about Barry being as cruel as Wesker of his own volition at the thought of killing Karla is jarring.

Chris’s back collided with the doors as his hand quickly turned the knob and without warning he was greeted by the scorching sun. The doors closed shut behind him as he raised a hand to shield his eyes from the blazing heat.

Kijuju.

He stumbled as he tripped over something in front of him; losing his balance he felt something cold and hard hit his torso as it knocked the wind out of him. Placing his hands on top of object he pushed himself off of it and kneeled in front of it, his eyes scanning its front surface.

“No.” he said shaking his head as he read the engraved letters again.

“The wind beneath our wings
She will fly high without despair,
She will never be forgotten.”
BSAA
JILL VALENTINE
1974-2007

“No, Jill…” he said as he began to shake his head in denial.

I really, really fucking hate it when people just fill out pages and pages worth of symbolic dreams or nightmares in Suefics because they usually amount to nothing!

“Chris?” he looked in front of him and saw Sheva standing before him, beside her was Zachary. Chris stood up quickly and moved back as he saw that Zachary had blood smeared on the front of him that was where his wound was. Without realizing it he looked beside Jill’s headstone and saw Zachary’s.

Are we still not done with this yet? Why is this still going on?! There's nothing going on that's relevant to the plot in a whole. True, this part could be seen as Chris still dealing with negative feelings on Zachary's death but considering that death only amounted to cheap angst and attitude for Karla (and on a lesser scale Sheva and Chris) it's serving little purpose here.

“This has to be a dream, a very bad dream.”

“If this was a dream, would I be able to do this?” Zachary questioned as he pierced Sheva with his own arm. Chris watched in horror as his arm went through her covered in her blood and all, Sheva let out a scream of agony as she stared at him straight in the eye.

Yes! You could! You can do anything in a dream!

“Come now Chris, you must be imagining things.” Zachary replied with a cruel smirk as he retrieved his arm back and Sheva fell to her knees and began to bleed to death on the ground. She let out a short scream as the blood pooled around her.

I'm sure this is all very horrifying and what not but with the lack of any actual emotion in the writing I'm hardly moved.

“SHEVA!!!” Chris called out as her eyes glazed over, and suddenly the sun disappeared and darkness began to cover the area. He had to run. And he forced himself to when he saw Sheva begin to slowly get up and shuffle towards him, arms outstretched as her eyes saw nothing but food. Which was him. She was turned into one of those mindless creatures, the very same ones he encountered for the first time in the Arklay Mountains.

I'm going to recap the next six paragraphs as there's nothing to say about them in a whole. It's definitely better writing than it has been, albeit bland and dry, but it's not worth padding out the spork for. It's also incredibly boring to read anyways.

Zachary taunts Chris some more, yelling at him to "Run, Forrest Chris, run!" He runs into our main cast for this installment of the series and then Jill, Sheva and some other dead S.T.A.R.S. members appear. Seeing them all is just too much for manly-man Chris to bear and he starts shitting his pants from fear before a zombified Claire takes a bite out of him.

Wesker starts taunting him now as the rest of the people, also now zombified, start latching onto Chris to get a bite out of his man meat. Which leads to-

“This is a dream. Fear is only in my mind.” He told himself quietly as he flinched upon feeling teeth sink into his bicep. Looking now he saw that Karla was biting into his bicep while beginning to rip it apart.

“This is a fear you can’t forget, will never forget.” spoke now the voice of SvetlanaRosso.

Oh look, title drop.

{Snip! - zombie!Jill and zombie!Milla tear more chunks out of Chris. It's not nearly as interesting to read as you'd think.}

“Chris! Wake up! Please you’ve got to before this kills you!” Karla’s voice called out.

“This is not real Chris! Wake up, wake up! Let go of you’re fears for the future!” Jill’s voice called out next. They’re voices were loud and clear but it didn’t help him open his eyes again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BillyBenny woke up to the noise of voices around him as he sat up and looked around; it seemed he was inside a VOCS base due to Oscar standing before him. Looking all around the room he spotted Rebecca, Karla, and other people he hadn’t met before. Where was Redfield? Or Kennedy?

Oh god damnit! We're seriously still not done yet?!

BillyBenny.” Rebecca called to him as he stood up and nodded at her. “We’re going to go to the village here, ok?” she said with her small grin.

“Okay.” He said confused as Karla chuckled at him.

“You are to go and investigate the area.” Oscar said to him and BillyBenny nodded once. “Kill anyone on sight.”

... Can I assume this is partly a flashback or something?

BillyBenny did a double take at the General before Rebecca and Karla ushered him out of the building and into the outside. Karla took out her duel pistols as Rebecca was armed with a handgun. “Karla, Becky wait. What are we-” before he could ask Karla shot an innocent village woman as Rebecca shot at the man who was just running away from them.

“Wait what are you two doing?!” he shouted trying to stop them but both women including the others ignored him. “They’re innocent! Stop!” BillyBenny growled but before he could lunge at them to stop Karla spun around and punched him in the stomach as he double over in pain.

“You were given orders, follow them or be killed.” She said coldly as he looked up at her, all the air gone from his lungs.

“You can’t…kill…innocent people.” He choked out as Rebecca glared back at him, her short flipped out light brown hair blowing with the wind.

RED! REBECCA HAS RED HAIR!

“We can do whatever we please, if you don’t like it then you can die.” She said pointing the handgun to his head.

This is all so very dramatic, I'm sure, but why are we reading it?

“Becky, please. They’re innocent villagers,” he worked up his courage as he got back on his feet. “They’re not even infected!”

Why are BillyBenny and Chris even having these dreams? They were hit with a sedative, sure, but that doesn't mean they'd be dreaming, per say. Most times you take anything to sleep and you're conked out--granted I've never had a dose of sedative such as this so I can't say for certain out of experience but it would make sense for there to be some explanation. Maybe there could have been something mixed in with it to cause such reactions but on it's own? It's hard to believe.

Rebecca merely looked at him without pity, and then suddenly she shot him in both kneecaps as he tumbled to the dirt floor screaming in pain. “Changed your mind?”

“Ah, Rebecca, why?” she shot him again in the shoulder as he let out a pain filled yell while he then felt pressure brought upon his now injured shoulder. Looking up he saw Karla smirking down at him.

This shouldn’t be happening; he shouldn’t be feeling pain in this dream it was defiantly impossible. The pain was unbearable now as he felt the blood leave his body slowly and painfully, fear was beginning to overwhelm him.

What's with the emphasis on pain? Sedatives don't cause pain, they're typically given to people so they don't feel it.

The heel of Karla’s boot dug deeper into the wound as he hissed in pain that was when he heard gunshots all around. His eyes tore away from Karla as he looked while still on his back at the destruction taking place. No, not again.

“Stop!!” he screamed and suddenly a sharp pain ripped through his chest. Looking down he saw blood pouring from the new wound as his eyelids began to droop down from the blood loss.

“Fear you will never forget, fear that will kill you to no end.” came the cruel voice of Nakasha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes fluttered open as you in took your surroundings; you were in a cell with dirty walls and rats scurrying past you.

Are we finally done with that stupid nightmare-business? YES!

The cage in that .gif symbolizes the fic and how I'm trapped in it until I finish it. *nods*

“Chris!” you shouted as you got up and went towards the bars as you gripped them tightly.

“Chris and BillyBenny vere left outside.” Milla said suddenly appearing next to you as you looked at her.

“What do you mean left outside?” the unbelievable feeling that something bad happened to them was beginning to settle in.

“After Leon injected the sedative to them one of the vomen took you and healed your vound, Leon vas there too. But anyvays they left them out there, but I don’t know vhy.”

All of those sentences coming out of the brat's mouth bother me for various reasons. One's a run-on, another's just hand-waving everything she just said away, etc. etc.

“Healed me?” you said while touching your abdomen and feeling that there was no wound at all. But why would she do that? Unless Leon had asked her too…you’re best bet was the one named Anya.

“You didn’t fall under the sedative?” Milla shook her head and you gave her a questioning look. “Why?”

Milla’s lips frowned as her amber eyes made contact with your hazel ones; she blinked once before placing her arms behind her back. “Karla, there iz something I have to tell you.”

Oh man, how did you get the feeling that she was similar to what you were? A super human.

85% OF THIS FUCKING CHAPTER WAS JUST NIGHTMARE BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/

Illegal Operations: Russian Territories, Resident Evil Spork/Review [18]
Page 1 of 1