AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:13 pm

It wasn't surprising when Peyote admitted to being just as bad when it came to cooking. It seemed it wasn't a passion either of them had. Granted, with the way they'd taken to eating things on the go or straight out of containers in the week she'd been here Rekka had come to expect as such.

Truthfully, she didn't mind either way what they did for breakfast. Still, Peyote seemed to want to get a bite to eat so Rekka figured she'd indulge him.

"Well, I'll follow your lead on breakfast, cactus-boy," she answered, an amused glint in her eye. It still was just a little too funny for her that someone named their child after a cactus. But then, who was she to judge? Rekka would just poke fun at Peyote for it here and there.

If they had to pick up some food while they were out too, well, she wouldn't mind that either. It'd give her the time to get to know the city a little better without the rush of having Peyote needing to get to work or anything. Rekka somewhat hoped it'd be a little less of a packed day, if only for the chance to learn something about Oaxaca or Peyote during it.

----[x]----

He shook his head, moving to place the container back with the others. Someone would eat it later, regardless of Kalila's responses to it. In truth, he did this to attempt to conceal the smile that had yet to disappear. It was just too funny seeing her face turn so read and her eyes tear up like that. She'd tasted some of the foods here already so he had to wonder if she really hadn't expected that to happen.

Instead of questioning that, if only for her own embarrassment, Mohammed said "I see. Well, I'm sure you'll find something here." He paused then to reach for something he knew firsthand had very little spices in it. "This might do better for you, in fact."

It probably wasn't the most flavorful food item they'd managed to bring here but it would certainly keep her content enough. Mohammed saw no reason to try to force anything on her, not when she was already in a situation she'd not asked to be a part of. Waking here in the desert, however it had happened, was clearly not something she'd meant to happen.

"I find that easy enough to believe," Mohammed agreed, handing her the package of food to inspect herself. He'd be somewhat surprised if she took to sniffing this one after the last mishap however.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:00 pm

It sounded as if she didn't hate the idea. It would just be a matter of getting up and ready then. Motivating himself to do so seemed harder than he realized. Getting the chance to laze around with someone else was far too rare.

"Then that's what we'll do," he told her lightly, "Provided, i find it in me to get up."

Lazing around was rare in itself but with someone else, even more so. He wouldn't have minded dozing off all day at this rate. Still, there were things to be done. He knew it was best to get up and moving.

"Unless you want to stay glued here, chica," he commented, jest in his tone, "Seems like that's very well the case."

Peyote toyed with her hair a little more. She didn't seem to dislike this action and as such, he'd continue it as long as she didn't protest. He figured it was something she quite liked, given she'd yet to move away from his hand.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila was still swiping at her nose, trying to ignore the burning. How these people ate things so hot, she didn't know. They were introduced to it early in life. She figured that had to be it.

She waved a dismissive hand, though took the small package a moment later. If it didn't stink of spice, then she was fine. That was provided she could even smell it.

Kalila did the same as before, the smell being far less than the last thing she had picked up and spoke up finally, "That'll do. I can deal with that."

That was the hope, at least. Water wasn't something that was easy to provide here, so it wasn't like she could just wash the taste down at her leisure. She wondered how these people found water to keep going in the first place.

"After that, oh yea, I'm sure you could believe it," she joked in response, "Embarrassment aside, it'll be funny one day."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:40 pm

From the sounds of it Peyote was quite content to lay like this even if he was the one to bring up the topic of getting something to eat. Then again Rekka was quickly learning that if Peyote could get away with being lazy he tended to do just that. In that way they weren't too far off from one another.

He was teasing her again even as he took to playing with her hair further. Rekka couldn't deny she'd gotten comfortable yet now that the mention of food had been brought up... Well, her stomach may have started to growl.

"Oh, no, you don't!" she chastised teasingly. "You promised me food; give me tasty enough food and you might be able to cuddle me all you want later!"

It was more of a joke than a promise and perhaps a little more bold than she'd ordinarily be. Still, it'd come out of her mouth before she'd really thought about it, already sitting up and tugging at Peyote's arm to get him to move along as well. She could worry about what she said later, when her belly was filled.

----[x]----

It was amazing to him that she took the chance again and actually sniffed the food stuffs once more. Mohammed scoffed in amusement, shaking his head and turning away briefly to hide his smile better. It didn't seem like she noticed, or if she did she didn't react to it. Instead she'd handed the packaging back, deeming it satisfactory.

With an "all right then" Mohammed set to work, a little disappointed that most of the gear in this place no longer worked. It was only with stolen items and some ingenuity were they all able to cook anything properly in this place. Fires were even a dangerous thing, the smoke during the day and the light at night could provide a beacon for the Americans...

Mohammed tried not to think about that for the moment. They were in the clear and there was always someone on watch at each direction the military might come from. They'd have some warning either way and the weak would be able to be removed to some place safer before all hell might break loose.

Trying to push those thoughts from his mind for the time being, Mohammed instead chose to indulge in the conversation with Kalila further. It was a good distraction and he might learn more of her and her sometimes strange ways.

"Is that so? I thought it was a little funny now," Mohammed admitted slyly.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 10:13 pm

He couldn't help but laugh at her words and sudden boldness. When she woke, she had been so shy. Now it was like she was a completely different person. If food was all it took to win a person over, he'd have to find a good place to eat.

"Not too picky, are you?" he teased lightly in response. Finally, he started to push himself up, ignoring the popping of a joint or two, "Alright, alright. I'll get up and we'll get something good to eat."

Peyote rose to his feet, stretching a little. His muscles seemed pleased to move again, a little cramped from lazing about so much. He ignored it for now as he walked into the other room.

It wouldn't take him long to get ready, it never did, but he gave Rekka what privacy she needed as well. Between the two of them, it never took long for either of them to get ready most mornings.

Only when she had finished did he walk back into the main room. Tugging at his sarape, he glanced at her, offering a smile.

"You ready, then?"

---- [ x ] ----

A beat of silence passed and it was then that she wondered what was on his mind. Surely some worries but anything else, she couldn't say. Kalila had caught that serious look once in a while when he delved into thought.

She glanced at him for a number of seconds before looking elsewhere. He was already starting on cooking, surprisingly good at it from the looks of it. Kalila figured he probably would be given that he had fended for himself for so long.

Blinking, her gaze found him again when he spoke. A chuckle left her at that. She guessed it was pretty funny to witness, even if it had put her through some pain.

"I could imagine it was probably pretty funny to see," she commented lightly in return, "I'll just make a point on resisting the urge to smell anymore things that I'm not certain of."

Still, she figured that would be a good memory coming out of here. So far, apart from watching the stars, she didn't have too many. There was always some way to look up though. She just needed to find it.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 11:39 am

It didn't take Peyote long to push himself to his feet at her words. He certainly was in good spirits. Rekka moved to follow, hearing a pop or two as he stretched. They must have been laying there for awhile if his body was creaking and protesting like that.

It was easy to get moving when she'd had so much time to laze around and wake up more fully. For the most part actually getting ready for the pair didn't take long, at least it hadn't through the week thus far. Today was no different, Peyote giving her her space to get cleaned up. For being a rather rough guy he wasn't without his own set of manners that cropped up from time to time.

With very few belongings, Rekka didn't take long, having no actual spare clothes at the moment. As such it cut down on the time and she'd already slung her bag over her shoulders as Peyote reentered the front room. If he was curious as to why she dragged her bag everyone he hadn't ask in the week that had passed. Then again there hadn't been many opportunities outside his home for Rekka to bust out her sketchpads either.

"Mmmhmm, ready when you are," she agreed.

----[x]----

It might have been interesting for her to see someone cook with so little but to Mohammed this was par for the course. There was always either too little or not enough proper equipment during the years. As such, Mohammed was fairly adept at cooking with what was in this kitchen now. It didn't take him long at all to get started on her meal.

As he worked Mohammed could feel her gaze on him. This wasn't entirely new to him either within the week that had passed. More and more often she seemed to take to watching him when he was around her. Mohammed never asked why.

"That might be for the best," he agreed. "I'd hate to see you choke some more like that because of it."

While it had been funny to see doing that too often wouldn't be good for her lungs. He'd rather her safe rather than sorry because of her curiosity. There were better methods to determining if something might have spices within it after all. If curiosity was what caused her to do such things, well, all she really needed to do was ask!
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 3:05 pm

She didn't have much here and in time, maybe that would change. Peyote knew they were overdue to get food for the week much less some new clothing for her. She couldn't go around wearing the same thing over and over again.

Still, that was for another time and when they had a moment. Peyote would do his best to keep her comfortable. After all, at this point it seemed like she was inclined to stick around. Somehow, he took comfort in that.

"Well alright then. Let's get moving," he answered lightly, starting out the door.

When she was out, he followed after, closing the door behind him. He made a point to lock the door. With theft being a problem around here, he'd rather not be a victim of it if he could help it.

"You've never gotten the chance to run much of the streets, have you?" he pointed out, stepping off his porch, "Give you some time to look around. No one'll cause you trouble while I'm around."

He was a little infamous not only for his music but for his temper at times as well. There were a few punks that lingered in this area. They wouldn't bother her as long as she stuck around him.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila offered a soft chuckle, her attention turning elsewhere for a time. She could hear the sounds of voices coming from the hall. Kalila had no idea what was being said but she figured maybe that was best. She knew that most didn't quite like her presence just from mere looks. Whatever they said about her, she'd rather not know.

"It's a bad habit," she finally decided to say, pushing those thoughts away, "My dad used to laugh at me. I'd smell everything, even laundry detergent. Figured if I had to smell like it, I mind as well really like the scent."

Talking about that really made her miss her family. She felt hollow at the thought, her heart beating hard. She tried not to think about it. Maybe that was best, given she had no idea if her family even existed in this place.

"But I'll make sure just to ask you about strange things next time," she told him, a short laugh leaving her.

Kalila fell silent afterward, lost in thought. She wondered how her family was now...If they were alright or thinking about her or worried about where she was. She sighed through her nose, the thoughts whirling in her mind more so than she wanted to admit.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 8:56 pm

As per usual Peyote was quick to lock his door before they even stepped off the porch. She hadn't yet seen anyone attempt to get into his house or came back to see evidence of it but Rekka believed it was a problem down in this area. Mexico had a reputation for being rather lawless after all. Better safe than sorry.

Like many other things it was not something she dwelled on for long, in part thanks to Peyote kicking up conversation as he started them off. Rekka fell in step with him easily, something that had quickly become the norm in the past few days. It was a simple thing, really. It was even more complete when the fox spirit appeared at Rekka's side from who knew where. She seemed to come and go during the night, sticking by Rekka's side when they were out and about like this.

"No, not yet. This'll be a first, so I'll hold you to that," she admitted. It was reassuring to know he wasn't just gonna leave her to the wolves, so to speak, if anything did happen.

"As will I. Quite a bit of trouble can be had among these streets," the fox chimed in.

The city streets were already bustling this morning, so many people out and enjoying the weekend sunshine. There were so many colors and conversations around them, the buildings still something to see. Here and there she could hear a radio playing--this one on some talk show and that one playing some slow, love song from the sounds of it. And among them all, dotting the streets and buildings, there might be a spirit or two hidden away from most. Rekka wondered when the novelty of this city would wear off.

----[x]----

When she spoke up again Mohammed wondered just how homesick she might really be. She hadn't said much but that first awakening here... Well, that had certainly been enough. Mohammed couldn't imagine anyone would think this situation and place was ideal compared to a family.

It was a topic he chose not to talk about. Doing so might only worsen her mood, whatever it may be at the moment. Kalila hadn't kicked up much of a fuss over the days that had passed over her situation and so he was inclined to believe she was hiding it all. As such he had no proper way of gauging how much longer until she might eventually break under the stress.

"That makes me wonder if most American girls tend to do such things," he joked instead. Honestly, that wouldn't surprise him if it did end up being true.

Even with the ramshackle kitchen it would not take long for the meal she'd agreed to to cook. Nothing they picked and brought back were particularly difficult to make. The groups sent to procure supplies always kept in mind that simple was best when it came to food stores.

"I'm glad to hear you're not the type to repeat mistakes, however," he carried on with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 10:47 pm

The little fox spirit had returned again, coming and going as she pleased. Her comment wasn't missed and he wondered just what the fox got up to during the night. Maybe she explored on her own time. It was quite hard to say if he was honest with himself.

"You get used to it after a while," he told them.

As shaman, combating these people was slightly easier. Rekka was still learning, however, and Peyote would make a point to keep her safe in between that time. When she learned better of what it mean to be a shaman, she would be able to defend herself.

The usual hustle and bustle of the morning never bothered him. The sun beat down and the day was nice. It wasn't unusual to see so many people on the streets, either browsing shops or getting to their next destination.

"If there's anything you want to take a look at beforehand, just stop me, chica," he told her, sparing a glance at the shorter woman, "Tend to just keep movin' if someone doesn't stop me. Don't want to lose you on the streets."

If anything, it could give her a chance to maybe browse something she liked. While he had seen some of her personality, he knew little of her hobbies and the things she liked. It'd be a good way to learn.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila tried not to let those thoughts of home get into her head too often. They left her feeling hollow, longing for a place she couldn't' return. What was more, knowing she had no home here hurt even more. She would be lost in a world that wasn't her own.

Him speaking was a good distraction and she had to admit, some American habits would have been strange to him. She spared him a laugh though, to her ears it sounded kind of strained. Kalila tried not to worry about it.

"Probably a lot more than you're used to," she told him, "A lot of the women here are very quiet, from what I've seen. Most American girls aren't so modest."

Even Kalila had gotten quite the shock out of some of those young women. Still, she was raised in a rather modest family herself. Even so, she was probably strange to him too. It was kind of funny, if she thought about it that way.

"It only takes once," she told him, folding her hands. Did they tremble? She hoped that wasn't the case, "I'm a quick learner, I promise."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Rekka didn't doubt the amount of trouble that could be caused in Mexico. Peyote would have experienced it all first hand growing up here and it was possible that wherever the fox went at night that she'd glimpsed it a time or two. It was nice to know she had someone there for her in case anything happened nearby. It was certainly a weight off her mind.

With the sun obscured as it was in the sky, it warmed her quickly. It was looking to be a hot day at this rate, not that she minded. Better too hot than too cold in her opinion. She just couldn't retain heat on her own well enough for the latter to be preferable.

More and more, Rekka was finding it hard to keep her gaze trained on any one thing for long. Walking down this way, it seemed like a first to her. Peyote's routine usually took him down the other way and she'd follow along. As such, Rekka attempted to see and memorize it all, not sure how often he came down this way. It wasn't until Peyote spoke up again did she tear her gaze from their surroundings to meet his instead.

"Hmm? I'll keep that in mind," she answered. A beat of silence passed before she jokingly carried on to say "I promise I'll yank on your sarape to keep you from walking off without me!"

From the corner of her eye it seemed like the fox was amused by that thought. She certainly looked entertained by it, or perhaps it was something else entirely. Rekka couldn't pretend to know what was on the fox's mind.

----[x]----

He could hear her moving on occasion, the silence in the room rather stifling without the conversation to break it. Many avoided places that Kalila resided in, wary of the American in their presence. It was only with respect to Mohammed did they allow her to wander like this, and only if a mercenary rebel was in watching distance of her. He shook the thought from his mind for the time being.

Mohammed spared a nod to her words. It certainly seemed to hold some truth to them, from the rumors he'd heard and what he'd witnessed of Kalila herself. Strange, really, that he would be growing attached to an American of all people. Or perhaps it was just funny that way.

"I do not doubt that for a second," he admitted. "Such strange customs I've heard you all partake in."

Then again she probably thought the same of the women here. Granted, not all situations were favorable for women in these countries, Mohammed knew that. He'd be blind to say otherwise. Even so, such things did not dictate the need for military forces to invade like this! It was a problem best solved by those within; at least that's how it felt to Mohammed.

For the time being he did not feel as if there was a need to share these feelings however. It might only lead to debate which could grow to become a stressful thing in such an environment like this. No, it was better for less tenuous situations.

"I'm glad to hear that too!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 12:20 am

At least she kept that in mind. He didn't want her to stop and glance at something and not notice. Peyote already had a penchant of getting lost in thought at times. It would be easy to not notice her getting swallowed up by the crowds around him.

"Just don't pull too hard," he advised lightly, jest in his tone, "I'd rather not choke."

Apart from their words, it was all the same sights to Peyote. These things never really changed. People came and went though, were eventually replaced by new faces. Those faces gradually became familiar to him as well, over some time.

It was a thought he shook away. The mundane world of humans was sometimes a tiring thing. It often didn't help that empathic abilities were so strong in him. He instead focused his gaze on Rekka again.

"What exactly do you like anyways?" he asked her, "I remember music, chica, but I don't recall you sayin' much more than that."

Maybe he could find something if she was really interested in music. Then again, if she had any other hobby, he was sure she would appreciate something that indulged those as well. It could pass the time when he was busy with his own work life.

---- [ x ] ----

If anything, they seemed to be in agreement that both their people and cultures were strange to each other. While she knew that he was comfortable at least dealing with her, Kalila was a little uncertain about the others and for good reason. She'd received more than enough leers in the week to last her a life time.

"I don't blame you for thinking that," she answered him with a smile, "Sometimes I'm surprised by what American's do."

Strange as it was, she didn't quite like how American's acted. She knew a lot of bad attitudes and self-indulgent people who thought they knew the best. To her, that was shameful. Still, they would probably think the same of her.

"That sounds like relief," she answered with a chuckle, "I'll try not to worry you too much."

It seemed like he did worry about her sometimes. Why would he do so much if he didn't? Strange how that was. He acted so different from his allies. Was that because she was a shaman or because of his ideology? Maybe it was a mix of both. Either way, Kalila didn't quite care.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:45 pm

It was nice to hear Peyote joke back like he did so often in her company. She'd grown a little too used to not finding anyone to click with outside of Kalila and the occasional fair weather friend that faded from her life quickly enough. Even with the latter it took time to build up to more times than not, yet with Peyote he jumped right on it without much thought.

"Now that depends entirely on how fast you're walking," she pointed out, carrying the joke along a little further.

There was a couple of beats of silence between them that passed, allowing for Rekka to better observe the buildings they passed by. There were all sorts of little houses and apartment complexes in this area though gradually Rekka could make out the occasional little store wedged between them all. More and more they'd become more common until they'd hit the busier sections of Oaxaca where it's many businesses and stores were located proper.

Rekka had taken to eyeing some cute little window decorations of a house they passed when Peyote spoke again. She blinked, tearing her gaze away from the buildings yet again to focus further on him.

"Well, I guess that depends if you're asking about my hobbies or if I collected anything," she answered after a moment of thought.

----[x]----

He wondered again just what the typical American got up to most days as Kalila commented on such things. He had very little inkling other than the short week with Kalila and the rumors passed around. He hardly thought the latter was enough to trust completely at face value and Kalila wasn't exactly in a comfortable situation and environment for her. What she did here wasn't entirely truthful as to what she usually did, or that's how Mohammed reasoned it all out.

"I'm sure everyone thinks that about others of their own nation, however," Mohammed pointed out. Sometimes he had the same thoughts after all, though whether he voiced them or not was a different matter entirely.

He tore his gaze away from the food, nearly done as it was in just a handful of minutes, to glance back at Kalila. She'd folded her hands and had made herself comfortable nearby, watching him as he worked. Mohammed didn't mind this too much, some of the younger ones here watched those around them to learn and better themselves. Repeated mistakes could lead to one's death out here, after all, so, it was best to learn from others if they made them first.

She was laughing, a slight, and cautious sound but a laugh all the same. Mohammed found he rather liked the sound, not having heard it often yet. It seemed so rare in this place and time.

"Perhaps it is," he agreed with a chuckle of his own.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Peyote snorted in amusement, sparing a glance down at her. Wouldn't that have been a sight? Her mood seemed to be light and she joked right along with him. Strange how they seemed to have grown so attached to each other in such a short time.

"If you weren't so short, we wouldn't have a problem, would we?" he teased right back.

Apart from scrawny, she was a tiny thing. He couldn't imagine how she was taken seriously at times. Tiny and skinny to boot, there was no way she'd have much on anyone. Still, it wasn't as if he'd seen her fight or anything.

He tipped his head slightly when she spoke again, asking for specifics. If he was honest, he hadn't quite asked about either. Apart from music, it would be nice to learn a little more about her.

"How 'bout a little bit of both, chica?" he suggested then, "Give me a little more to know what you like."

Who knew. If he had enough specifics, he might find a way grab her something that would make her feel more at home. Everyone needed something like that, after all.

---- [ x ] ----

What he said was true and maybe gave a little insight on his thoughts as well. Being a shaman, he might have been tied to these people but even more so to someone who was of his own kind. That was an odd thing to think about. Kalila knew where his loyalties would inevitably lay, however.

"That's very true," she answered him, "Still, sometimes it feels like one in a million."

Thinking differently could be a dangerous process in a world of hive mind mentalities. That was something she didn't often indulge in thought about. Too much stress and wasted effort to debate such topics.

He turned his attention toward her again. Whatever it was that she had handed him to cook did smell amazing. It would have been nice to share a meal outside such a stressful environment.

"Someone has to worry about me!" she joked in response, "And my usual isn't here, so it'll have to be you."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:09 am

Rekka tossed Peyote a look of combined annoyance and amusement at his prod. He stood a good head taller than her, give or take an inch, so of course she appeared shorter at his side than at other's. It didn't help matters that she was so scrawny as well. In truth, Rekka must have looked quite fragile, physically, to his eyes.

The topic had turned then to the things that Rekka liked though she waited for Peyote to specify before she'd properly answer. There was a handful of things she could answer with either way after all. Eventually he settled on knowing both, or at least a little of both.

She thought back on the week and the few times she'd managed to tug out her sketch pads. Each time Peyote had been busy with something else or fussing with his guitar. He might have been so engrossed that her attempts to sketch had been lost on him then. Either way, Rekka figured it was a good place to start.

"Well, I draw a lot, when I have motivation and ideas--the latter I've been missing the last week or so--and I tended to read manga every so often." She paused then, thinking about it. Other than video games, something that might not even be well on its way to popularity yet in this world, she didn't have much else hobby-wise. How sad, really... "As for things I collected, well... I liked dragons, and skeletons, too. Oh, and masquerade masks! I collected interesting rocks and feathers, too, though..."

Admitting those last two was always something Rekka was a little wary of doing though she figured it would be fine with Peyote. He collected cacti of all things, after all. A few stones and feathers were in line with plants, she thought.

----[x]----

Mohammed spared a nod at her words. It wasn't often someone shared their thoughts about their nation like this, not without some reason to do so. As such it probably didn't cross many people's thoughts until someone else mentioned it to them. This was no different and even Mohammed was guilty of it from time to time.

All the same the topic was changed to a lighter-hearted one. Perhaps it was best that way. There was no need to dwell on such serious topics when there was no need to. At least, Mohammed felt that way. There was plenty of time for that sort of thing later, after all.

"Oh?" he spoke, intrigued. "Might I ask who that was?"

Indeed, he was quite curious and it could be anyone from a family member to a friend. She didn't speak much about either, a fact that hadn't escaped his notice. Perhaps she did this to avoid thinking about those she couldn't reach now. It was a sad thought yet Mohammed knew she couldn't escape the reality of it forever. Talking about them might help, or it might not. There was no way of knowing until she tried.

He waited for her to answer, if she would. Kalila was always free to turn down a topic if she wished for any reason. Mohammed was not attempting to pry sensitive information from her, after all.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 1:04 pm

It wouldn't take her long to rattle off a few things. Most of those weren't bad ones and would be manageable if he could find something for her to draw on. A pad of paper and pencils weren't that hard to get, right?

Then again, he recalled from somewhere that artists could be picky with their tools. He couldn't quite say if Rekka was the same but he would find out in time.

It was what she listed as collections that caught his attention, however. They were odd things here and there, stones and feathers. Skeletons would be easy to find here as well, given the area they were in.

"Feathers and rocks you might be able to find near the ruins, not that I recommend taking any rocks. People always claim curses on the damn things," he mentioned after a moment, tipping his head slightly, "As for skeletons, you'd just have to wander some shops, chica, this place is full of'em."

If anything, there was an abundance of such things. She could have as many skeletons she'd ever wanted simply due to tradition. Of course, that was merely if she really indulged that deeply.

"As for drawing...I might be able to find something for you," he continued lightly, "Depending on how picky you are, though."

---- [ x ] ----

It didn't take but a moment for him to ask who normally worried over her. Kalila had been avoiding such subjects so she didn't feel so much hurt. It was hard to be torn away from home and know nothing was certain for her future.

"Ah...my best friend, her name is Rekka," Kalila started out hesitantly, "We've known each other a number of year, close enough that we just call each other sisters...She always claimed to be the big sister though, even though I'm a month and a half older than she is."

Kalila leaned back, clearing her throat then. She didn't quite like the topic. It hurt too much and she felt her heart beating wildly. That was never a good sign to begin with.

"Pretty much my exact opposite. I don't think she would have done very well here. She had a hard time keeping her head down and is very opinionated about everything."

Kalila sighed, uncertain of how to go on. Strange how it was, knowing that she'd probably never see Rekka again or her family or anyone she had known. While she had very loose connections, the thought of winding up alone terrified her.

It really was something she never believed she would face and yet, somehow that exact fear was becoming more of a reality everyday.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Rekka allowed a chuckle to pass her lips at Peyote's warning against taking any rocks from the ruins that may be nearby. It wasn't so much that it might be illegal, taking things from a culturally and historically relevant site, but that it might be cursed that seemed to concern him. It wasn't the sort of thing Rekka would normally hear about as a legitimate worry.

"That's such a shame, though! I could think of so many other things that would be better off with curses on them," Rekka pointed out, not really expecting much in the way of a serious debate about it. Not many people shared her passion for collecting precious stones and minerals.

For the most part Rekka grew silent after that, taking his suggestion and filing it away for later. She had no doubts she'd find all sorts of skeleton-themed knick-knacks and the like given the cultural relevance of them. All the same, that'd have to wait until she managed to find a job around here, which would prove increasingly difficult with little knowledge of the language.

She blinked, glancing up at him while his next comment registered. When it had she chuckled again, offering a little grin as she adjusted the strap on her backpack. It was more a show to make it obvious as she nodded to it and spoke.

"Oh, I've got plenty of paper and regular pencils with me! What'd I'd need are--" Here Rekka moved to tick the items off on her fingers as she listed them. "--colored pencils, though some are jank as all get out and the lead in 'em are deplorable if you go cheaper; good ink pens; maybe a new calligraphy pen set, I had one but that's been left back at the house; oh, and watercolors, too! I've got a thick watercolor tablet I haven't cracked open yet! And those will necessitate good brushes, not the pitiful little one that typically comes with a set!"

----[x]----

Part of Mohammed had expected Kalila not to answer. It might have been too painful for her now that she was far away from everyone she knew and loved. Instead she'd paused only a moment before speaking, naming someone called 'Rekka'. He couldn't imagine a name like that being a real one though he politely kept that thought to himself.

Instead he nodded along to her words, coming to a clearer picture of who this best friend had been. As Kalila enlightened him, Mohammed took the time to finish the breakfast she'd chosen for herself with his advice, before turning and offering it to her. Perhaps a bit of food might ease her mind a little. He hoped it would, anyways.

"I'll take your word on that," Mohammed replied. "She must have been lucky to have you around to ground her from the sounds of it."

This was merely a guess though a pair he envisioned from what he knew of Kalila and what he heard of this Rekka? It seemed likely enough. At the very least, his words might cheer her up a little now that she seemed to have grown lost in thought. Or at least she appeared to be so.

"I'm sure she's all right back at home, however," he continued.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 am

Peyote snorted lightly in response, the sound meant in good nature. Maybe she was the type to play a trick or two and stuff one of those rocks into someone's bag. He could believe that now she she spoke up about it.

"Truth be told, I could kind of agree with that, chica!" he answered, chuckling slightly in response, "Most people don't have the time to deal with curses, so they just take to getting punched a few times."

For a short time, they fell silent until Peyote brought up getting art supplies. It seemed to be that she had plenty of paper and some pencils, so he didn't think it would be so bad.

A moment later, Rekka was listening off more than he could wrap his head around, staring down at her. He opened his mouth to interrupt but she just kept trucking along and he simply stared at her as she did so.

After she'd finished, Peyote tried to go over that entire list in his head, not even sure if he could even find the right things here. Sure, paint and brushes were everywhere but Rekka sounded specific!

"There's...no way I'm gonna remember all a that, chica," he answered, a little lightness in his tone, "Tell you what! As soon as I find a place that sells supplies, you just figure it out yourself. If I bought it all, I'd probably buy all the wrong things!"

---- [ x ] ----

For his part, he listened while he finished the meal. It wasn't a long time after did he offer it to her. All of what it was certainly smelled good, she gave him enough credit for that. At least taking a bite didn't mean her mouth was on fire either.

What he said she knew hadn't mean to hurt intentionally . Still, the words ached deep down and she had a little trouble digesting that thought. Rekka would be back home and surely, they wouldn't see each other again.

She held her utensil, suddenly aware of her slight shake in her hand. The anxiety was bad enough, it was the lack of medication that was worsening it all. Even so, she tried to ignore it and focused on eating.

"Home..." she finally said, "Yea, I'm sure she's fine back home."

Kalila knew there was nothing left for her to return to, so what was the point? She had no identity here as it was, no family. She had nothing going for her if she ever got out of here.

The thought made her run a little cold. She tried to focus on eating, forcing bites down as she did despite her throat trying to close up or her stomach rejecting it. There was no point in starving herself, even if her future was bleak.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 pm

The topic of curses didn't last long, not with the mention of art supplies that followed after. When it came to that topic, it usually didn't take long to get Rekka started in on it. The conversation hadn't really cropped up before now either. It seemed like Peyote had so much else on his mind during the week until this day off.

Rekka glanced at Peyote after she'd finished listing off supplies just in time to catch the stunned expression. She bit her lip attempting to stop from laughing, going so far as to hide her grin behind a hand. Perhaps he didn't get on with many art-loving types.

"You know what? If there's a way I can repay you for it later, I'll take you up on that offer," she agreed. "Though I'd rather get a change of clothes or two first."

She'd managed to wash the set she had now while she bathed but it had been a tiring affair, having to traipse around in a towel briefly to do so. Not exactly something one took to doing when just meeting someone. Still, it was either that or let her clothes smell bad.

Normally she'd deal with getting things herself but finding a job in the city with only a week passed was a difficult thing to manage. Knowing only basic words and a phrase or two in Spanish made things harder. Even so Rekka wasn't about to give up just yet, not after only a week.

----[x]----

Mohammed was not unaware of the weight that had settled in on her shoulders. There was the noticeable slump of her shoulders and the way her head bowed lower. He had not meant to cause her to think of hurtful things yet avoiding the topic of family and friends that had been left behind wouldn't do her any good either. Mohammed knew that and yet a tiny bit of guilt settled in his stomach like a rock, heavy and settling into place quickly.

He shook his head, reaching out to offer a comforting squeeze to her shoulder. What more could he do that would not worsen her thoughts and mood?

She'd taken up the eating utensil soon after, a moment passing in which she fussed with it in her grasp. Mohammed's brow furrowed, his gaze taking in the shake of her hands. He didn't recall her being like that the first day; at least, not after she'd settled some... Was there something he was not wholly aware of? He hoped it was not some illness setting in. There was hardly any medicine in their wares. Such things were far more difficult to steal away then food or ammunition.

"Are you quite all right?" he inquired, gesturing to her hand.

It seemed that Kalila preferred to take her time answering, forcing down a bite or two first. This also did not escape Mohammed's notice. Anyone could have seen it, what with the look upon her face like that of a martyr forced to eat poisoned wares rather than a hearty enough meal.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 11:35 pm

She was trying not to laugh, that was an easy thing to see. After rattling off so many supplies for god knows what reason she would need them all for, Peyote probably looked pretty stunned. He felt he couldn't be blamed there, however!

If anything, she seemed to take up that offer and make a point to pay him back when she could. They had a long road ahead of them if she planned to stick around, so he figured she'd be good for it regardless.

"Sounds like a plan to me," he answered, his tone light in return.

Peyote hung a left, stepping up to a place to eat. He motioned for her to follow in, exchanging a few words in Spanish with one of the waiters. It wouldn't take them long to get seated and handed a menu.

"If you need me to order for you..." he pointed out after a moment. Everything would be in Spanish, after all, and she only knew bits and pieces of the language.

"Just let me know, alright?"

---- [ x ] ----

The hand on her shoulder was appreciated and even more now did she wish that she could just out right tell him what might have really happened. More so, she just wanted to admit that she had no home to return to in the first place. It all hung over her too heavily.

The thoughts were there and gone in a moment when Mohammed spoke again. For a moment, she only blinked up at him, startled by his question. A few moments after, she realized what he might have been addressing.

"O-oh," she started, trying to find an explanation. Kalila could only pause then, thinking it through carefully, "Um...See, I've been trying to ween myself off my medication, since...there's no way I'm going to get more of it out here. So...it's going to have it's side effects, you know?"

Shaky hands were one thing. He didn't know half of the side effects at this point and if she was honest, she was getting down into slumps a lot easier now, much less worrying a lot more. The anxiety wasn't going to be put aside anytime soon.

"It's pretty bad. I read a lot of people could never really get off the medication in the past, so they had to be immediately put back on," she explained after a long pause, "I took it with every intention to one day get off it myself but...not like this."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 am

Only when she managed to properly stifle her laughter did Rekka let her hand drop back down to her side. It sounded like they once again had an arrangement worked out for the time being. It was odd to think how easily they managed it thus far but Rekka wouldn't complain. Things could have been worse, after all.

It was left forgotten as Peyote steered them into a little restaurant, not yet crowded entirely. Maybe they'd missed the breakfast rush, at least Rekka hoped so. Crowded places were often too noisy and she wasn't too fond of that in itself. As it stood now she could hear all sorts of chatter but it wasn't overly obnoxious or distracting. In fact, it was more like white noise at the moment. Rekka hoped it would stay that way for the duration.

They'd been seated rather quickly, Rekka taking a moment to set her bag at her feet, leaned against her leg. In the event of someone attempting to mess with it, she should feel it's movement and be alerted, or so she theorized. She'd already taken up the offered menu, peering at the mostly unfamiliar words and the occasional image splashed across its face before Peyote spoke. She paused long enough in her scrutiny of the menu to flash a grateful smile in his direction.

"I'd appreciate that, thanks," she answered.

----[x]----

She blinked up at him, bewilderment apparent on her face for a long moment. Surely she had to be aware of just how shaky her hands were! Or perhaps she'd expected him not to notice. The latter option was laughable with just how shaky her hands were now. A blind man might have seen them even!

Eventually Mohammed received his answer, though it was a slow process. Kalila did not quite seem happy with discussing the topic though Mohammed felt it was needed. If this medication of hers was so serious many were placed on it after attempting to stop taking it then it certainly sounded like something to keep an eye on. A moment of silence passed as Mohammed seated himself, turning a chair to more fully face Kalila as she played with her food. Perhaps she'd lost her appetite with all this serious talk.

"Might I ask what you might be in store for with these other side effects?" he pushed lightly. Mohammed wanted to know what to keep an eye on. Which ones were most serious and which ones should he dismiss? This sort of thing was not his field of expertise at all.

He waited, clasping his hands as he rested his elbows on his knees. Patience was a virtue, or so he'd heard, and one he could exercise well when needed to. There was no reason to rush Kalila, they had all day for the most part for Mohammed to learn. Perhaps she might tell him now, or maybe he'd be made to wait.

"I merely wish to know what might be worrisome in the days to come."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 am

It was easy to tell she had no idea what the menu said. He didn't blame her for that. Most American's would have been at a loss, after all. There were very few who actually spoke Spanish.

Peyote took a moment to point out things that she might like. He recalled that she did seem to have a like for spicy things. Odd coming from an American but then again, who was he to say.

"If you're sure you can handle something hot for breakfast," he told her, leaning back, "I swear, you're the strangest American I've met."

Maybe that was untrue. He'd met a lot of odd American's. It was a matter of actually getting to know this one that was different. Peyote had never really taken the time, often sticking with his own group most days.

"Not to say that's a bad thing," he pointed out instead.

It wouldn't be long after did their waiter return and he gave them their order and what to drink. This was a good start to the day, he figured. There wouldn't be much that could drop his mood now.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila had to expect this at some time. She leaned forward, pushing the plate out of the way for now, and let herself prop her elbow on the table. A hand would run through her hair then, a sigh leaving her lips. What of them all could she remember.

"There were a lot," she started carefully, trying to run through what she had read a year ago, "And I honestly can't say I remember all of them."

This was troubling. She knew she never had to consider this before but what could she do? Mohammed was looking out for her well being here, she knew that. Still, it was tough. This medication, for all the good it did, could really wrack havoc as well.

She shook her head finally, deciding to carry on, "I recall blurred vision, trouble sleeping at night, dizziness - which I know is bad in me already, frequent headaches, and general just intense mood swings. On top of that, I'll be more likely to experience a panic attack now than I would while I was on the medication fully."

As time went on, there would be a lot to worry about. Until it was all out of her system and stayed that way, she wasn't sure she'd be in a good position. Kalila was afraid of all sorts of things here. The lack of medication and what it could do to her was one of the biggest, however.

"I'm sorry...I'm a handful, I really am," she finally said. She didn't blame anyone for thinking such a thing. It was the truth, after all.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 pm

He didn't need to take the time to point out suggestions for her, making sure to point them out on the menu as he did. Even so, he had, a gesture she appreciated greatly. If she'd just picked through the menu she might've ordered something she'd dislike. At least in this way she had an idea.

"Really now? I would have thought I was pretty standard fare for an American," Rekka joked, hiding a smile behind her menu.

Maybe that was all just a matter of perspective. Down this far into Mexico the most he'd have witnessed would have been the tourists in this area and the spreading of any stereotypical American rumors. She might have just been a breath of fresh air from those things in the last week. At least, she hoped she was. Stereotypes might have a grain of truth in them but she'd hope she wasn't the embodiment of them.

Once the waiter returned, it was Peyote who conversed with him, relaying their order. It was only a minute or two yet Rekka felt left so out of the loop, unable to understand a word that was said between the two. She shook the feeling away as the waiter walked away to share their order with the cooks. It was dumb to think that and yet it was difficult not to.

“I wonder… would you mind if I drew a little while we wait and eat?” she spoke after a moment. The itch to dig out her sketch pads for the last few days had been great but there’d been little time, or when there was, little energy for it.

----[x]----

It worried Mohammed a little when Kalila pushed aside her plate for the time being. She'd been putting aside eating already as it was, and though he was thankful that she was mindful of their rations, it wasn't healthy to do so everyday. She needed food, too. All the same, he kept silent on the matter for the time being.

Even after she'd grown quiet after her initial comment Mohammed waited. Surely she could give him some idea of what to expect, he'd rather that than nothing at all. Perhaps this silence was merely Kalila attempting to recall them all anyways.

He’d been about to say something, a reassurance if nothing else, before Kalila finally beat him to it. Mohammed stood back, listening intently and doing his best to remember it all. Already he was having a hard time doing so. Despite that, he felt he couldn’t solely be blamed for it, there was much to these side effects of the medication she’d been taking. Mohammed’s worries only grew at that thought though he masked them well, his expression schooled into one of only mild concern and curiosity.

“Nonsense,” he answered dismissively, a wave of his hand following his words. Mohammed took the time to spare a smile as well—an attempt to ease her worries further. “This is not something you can control, after all. Don’t blame yourself for it.”

More and more he was finding that much was true. Whatever had brought her here, well, it was a mystery Mohammed hoped would one day provide an answer.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Not all American's were alike, that much was true. Peyote had seen his fair few and had no great opinion in them. Most didn't, though those opinions were kept silent. Everyone had a bias against races, after all.

Rekka was different. Peyote had caught onto that rather quickly and the more he was around her, the more he found he liked her. Strange how things like that happened. Maybe it was because she was a shaman that he found some kinship in her.

"That might be the case if you were a tourist," he pointed out easily.

Regardless, he felt that was the truth and while she might not completely agree with it, Peyote had his opinion. She would see that, no doubt, with time.

After the waiter had picked up their order, he watched as she rummaged through her bag. Rekka produced a sketch pad and some pencils. He'd seen her doodling on and off but never paid too much mind at the time.

"Go right ahead," he answered, waving a dismissive hand, "I don't mind at all."

Besides, he was partly interested in what she would draw out.

---- [ x ] ----

For his part, he listened and did not put anymore pressure onto the situation. There was patience in him, if not outward concern for the situation. She appreciated that kindness. At the moment, she gained very few.

Her health with begin to decline, she was well aware of that fact. Kalila was afraid of that thought. She had no control over these things and due to that, felt powerless. These days, feeling powerless was just the normal thing...

What he had to say helped a little. If anything, it was nice to know she wasn't a complete burden, though how some looked at her, she knew that she might have been. Then again, they didn't quite like American's either. She felt they couldn't be blamed.

"Truth be told," she finally answered him, running her hand through her hair, "These days, a choice is a blessing. Unfortunately, I can't imagine my health will be getting any better, so I apologize in advance if I ever seem overly upset."

That was something she was well aware would happen. She didn't want him to feel as if she'd snapped at him or gotten upset with him. At this point, everything could set her off.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 am

Rekka allowed an indulgent chuckle to escape her at his comment of tourists. She imagined they must have been annoying to deal with after awhile and she couldn't fault him for that thinking. The average stereotype of them weren't very uplifting, after all. Even so she didn't comment further on it, allowing that topic to die quietly.

Instead she'd reached for her bag, waiting until Peyote answered before fetching out the set of pencils and one of the several sketch pads. She beamed, glad to hear he didn't mind. Use it or lose it, after all, and Rekka didn't want to lose any sort of progress she might have been making with her art skills. At least, she liked to think she was improving in someway, small as it may be.

Rekka was already thumbing through the pad of paper to a fresh sheet as she spoke. "I'm glad to hear that!"

Really, she was. Often enough she felt like others might think she was ignoring them entirely as she drew when that wasn't really the case more often than not. She might not reply right away, but she did listen to others as they spoke to her. Maybe it was hard to tell however...

Fishing out the 2H pencil was a chore, carefully peering at the silvery-markings on the pencils that denoted which was which. All the while she commented further; "So, other than a bit of food shopping, what's on the agenda for today?"

----[x]----

Kalila still did not seem entirely reassured though Mohammed could not blame her. If all of what she listed out were potential hazards to watch for with her health, well, the situation she was in now was perhaps only making it worse on her. Mohammed worried for that though silently vowed to keep a better eye on her to be safe. Others might not care for her being here but Mohammed shared with her a kindred soul as a shaman, he couldn't just let her struggle through it all alone.

He offered a shake of his head and held up a hand as if to halt any further apologies she might have uttered. "Really, there is no need to say sorry for things you have no control over. We'll deal with it all as it comes, I promise you that much."

At that he offered another smile, hoping that it was at least easing her worries a little rather than not at all. Truthfully, he'd feel better if she ate a little more but he wouldn't force her to either. It was her choice, her body to do with as she willed. While that mentality was a little foreign in these parts, he was well aware that the Americans were far different then in culture concerning their women then this area of the world. It was rather strange, and fascinating, to see firsthand however.

"I assure you, I won't be offended if you grow moody and snappish because of your lack of medication," he commented further, as if to make sure she was reassured at least somewhat.

Maybe by the end of things she'd fit better here, after some more time adjusting to the change of pace. Her life before had seemed quiet and standard fare, after all. This was all very jarring for her, he was all too aware of it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:32 pm

She seemed relieved that he would let her draw in front of him. Peyote didn't ask why. Maybe people grew engrossed in what they did. Drawing could take quite a bit of concentration, he figured.

"You look like you're pretty darn happy about that, chica," he pointed out simply.

That very much seemed like the case. Maybe she was self conscious about it. Peyote didn't ask much further than that. It was strange how habits were formed when one was slighted in the wrong way.

It was a moment later did she ask what else was on the agenda. Peyote leaned back, glancing at the ceiling as if it took some great effort to think of it. Eventually, he waved a dismissive hand.

"I figure we'll stop around the bar and see what's going on there," he told her, "Maybe something exciting happened. Who knows, the days can be quiet or loud on the strangest occasions."

Rekka could see that in time. Peyote was a tad worried about how she'd handle it all. If anything, he would eventually find out.

---- [ x ] ----

Mohammed was understanding, careful with his words and his attitude. In that, she found some relief. Here, when she had little of that, his actions certainly made her feel a little better. Even cracking a small smile helped.

"Well, I'm glad you think so," she told him in response, toying with her hands. She tried to spare a smile, just a little relieved that he didn't think poorly of her, "There are very few who have thought that way in the past."

It wasn't so much a lack of tolerance as it was a lack of understanding. Someone who didn't suffer from such things simply didn't understand it. Due to that, they often had trouble trying to help and could simply make her feel worse.

"Anyways, if I have to, I'll send Mato to find you," she continued, "if there's...ever a point where I've hit a rather low. I'd rather not be completely alone."

Dark thoughts led to dark actions. She had resisted such things twice before but she had the support of Rekka at the time. Here, she only had him and the spirit who hid near her. She wondered if that would be enough.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 5:03 pm

”Aha, maybe a little. Sometimes people tend to think I’m ignoring ‘em when I get to drawing while we chat,” Rekka briefly explained.

Pencil poised over the blank paper, Rekka paused thinking over what to sketch upon it first. She had a few ideas in mind, but which to settle on? Even before pencil met paper, Peyote answered her. It wasn’t a surprise, swinging by the bar to see how things were, not with the way she’d seen things progress over the week already. Peyote certainly seemed attached to the place, or maybe it was just to make sure business was going well enough to make ends meet.

A circle here and a guideline or two later and Rekka would finally answer him about that plan. “Sounds like a plan to me.”

It also sounded like Peyote didn’t have much planned either except maybe grabbing some food afterwards for the house. Ah, well, Rekka didn’t mind. At least they weren’t rushing around or on a time limit for anything. It definitely gave her time to work on this centaur piece she’d had in mind for the last few days now.

“It also sounds like a pretty lazy day otherwise,” she pointed out lightly.

----[x]----

It didn’t escape Mohammed’s notice how she took to wringing her hands, twisting them this way and that. Despite such things, he did not call attention to it. Such things might well cause her to fret further, something he wished to avoid if he could.

“Then they must not have fully understood, I should think,” he explained, as if he felt the need to. It wasn’t hard to understand after all, or perhaps that was just Mohammed’s thinking at work. This was a rough time and place to live, her town or city might not have been, with far more contented people living around her.

He pushed such thoughts away, a little envious of such situations. What small things might have seemed so big to them there… At least, for most he presumed. Everyone had their share of problems, some just had worse ones to deal with.

A nod was spared in her plan to send Mato for him if she ever needed to. Mohammed was glad that she trusted him that much, that she would want him there when she needed a helping hand. He worried at times about that in the past week, given the entire situation. Even so it seemed like it had been a worry that was not necessary to dwell upon.

“And if I am able I will come,” he promised simply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next