AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Grenin10

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 pm

He didn't quite understand the people thinking others were ignoring them over such things. People made large assumptions over such things. He didn't mind the bit of silence if it came up between them. If anything, it would be interesting to see what she drew.

"Maybe they should have provided better conversation," he answered in turn. That seemed like something that would make sense, however.

He watched as pencil met paper, mostly simple circles being drawn at the moment. He didn't ask what they were for, figuring a larger image would eventually appear. Rekka seemed to have done this quite a bit in the past.

"Easy plans are nice ones at times," he responded, leaning back in his chair, "I'm sure it'll get exciting in the afternoon."

Peyote was always up and down when it came to things like this. Some days were simply lazy and others were quite exciting. It depended on whoever wanted to cause trouble that day.

"More or less," he replied, "Not that you seemed to have protested that earlier."

---- [ x ] ----

She calmed her fidgeting down, or at least she tried to. The shake in her hands was unmistakable and probably easily noticed. Kalila simply ran her thumb over the back of it once in a while to try and calm it.

"Something like that, yea," she answered him. She didn't want to make mention that a lot of people just didn't want to understand the condition either.

If anything, he seemed a little grateful over the mention on her sending Mato to find him. She saw little reason not to trust him, at least now. When she first woke up here, so unfamiliar with the situation, of course she'd been startled and uncertain. Now, she found her worries had lessened.

"I know you've already got a lot of responsibility here but I appreciate that you'll try," she told him.

It might have been a small gesture but to her, it was the biggest thing anyone could do for her. To have someone thinking about her in a time of need was more than enough.

She cleared her throat then, trying to push that off for the moment. Her stomach was still twisted in knots and eating was hard enough. Her throat seemed to close when she had taken small bites. Still, what she ate hadn't been bad.

"You're a really good cook, you know," she finally told him, dipping her head a little, "Best thing I've tasted since I've been here."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Peyote's response was so matter-of-fact and said without delay that Rekka couldn't help  but to chuckle a little. He definitely was the type of person to think that, though she couldn't deny that he had a point. Then again it could just be that Rekka could agree with that due to not entirely being a people person. She could be outgoing, sure, but wanting actually be around people all the time, that was a different matter entirely.

"Maybe they should have," she echoed in agreement, humor prevalent in her voice.

As they talked Rekka worked further on the base guidelines of her pair of centaurs, worrying about background and foreground details later. The centerpiece of it all was most important at the moment after all. Even as she worked she could feel Peyote's gaze on her, watching her sketch. She didn't mind it too much, long since used to it from others doing so over the years.

Her pencil paused briefly at Peyote's following comments, a reminder of earlier pointed out quite matter-of-factly. Briefly, Rekka glanced up at him, an amused glint in her eye, before turning back to her sketchpad. It was hard to try to subdue the little smile that followed along with it all.

"I happen to like lazy days," she justified easily.

----[x]----

It seemed like it might be a good idea to let that topic drop for the time being. Things were stressful enough around here without pursuing such things further. Besides, there wasn't a need to anyways. Mohammed felt that whatever she might have come across before in America, well, it wasn't going to be like that here in this dangerous situation. In a way, the former would be more preferable for her despite any problems with it than being here in this time and place.

He did not say such things, keeping them to himself. There was no need to stress her further than she already was. Mohammed had made sure to suggest someone finding a change of clothes for some of the small children and for Kalila once an excursion was sent out for supplies that morning anyways. A clean set of clothing, though different from her own apparel, might do her some good later. At least, Mohammed hoped it would.

"It happens to come with the territory," Mohammed justified. Without all of that responsibility, well, Mohammed wasn't sure what he'd have left nowadays.

The sound of Kalila clearing her throat seemed louder than it necessarily was. Mohammed blinked when she changed the subject with little warning. A small smile tugged at his lips, amused at the topic she chose even as he gestured to the partially eaten food before her.

"I am glad to hear so. It's good to see you eating when you can."
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 11:48 pm

If anything, she seemed to be in a good mood. There were times when she glanced at her. She seemed a little down or deep in thought. Peyote had never asked why that way. If she wanted to tell him, she would. That was all there was to it.

Rekka seemed alright today and he hoped it would remain that way. It didn't feel right when she looked so sad. With time, maybe he'd find out why.

"Gotta keep a pretty ladies attention somehow," he jested in response.

Joking it might have been, he did mean what he said. She was a pretty little thing, interesting too, and he quite liked having her around. He had considered it strange at first but now it was feeling more normal. He found fondness in her.

He watched as she continued to draw her little creatures, wondering what the image would shape out to be. Peyote was patient enough to at least wait it out and see just what she had in mind for her drawing. If this made her uncomfortable, she didn't say anything just yet.

Peyote blinked as she halted, lifting her head just briefly to make her statement. It was so blunt, he couldn't help but chuckle a little at her.

"Ay, so do I, chica, I'd take more of them if I could," he responded to her easily, "But everyone has to make a living and these days conjuring the dead isn't exactly doing it for most people."

---- [ x ] ----

That conversation drew to a halt. At least he would know how these things worked now, or at least with her medication. She couldn't guarantee anything as it was. Who knew how badly effected she would be or how many attacks she would have. The thought was frightening to Kalila.

For now, she tried to focus her thoughts elsewhere. Mohammed chuckled, a pleasant sound to her ears. She quite liked it, especially when he smiled. She hadn't felt her heart race in a long time.

"I'm really trying," she answered him, sparing a small smile. She didn't want to mention how it felt when she tried to eat, her body immediately just wanting to empty the contents of her stomach immediately.

Kalila tried to think of a new topic, wondering if Mohammed would be busy again. Most days, he was. There was always reason to call him somewhere and many seemed reliant on his advice. At least, that's what she had observed.

"Do you...have plans for today?" she asked then.

Kalila expected much of the same. She would wander or stay within her room. It was difficult to deal with the stares from the others, after all, justified as they were. Kalila wasn't exactly comfortable with being stared at in the first place.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 pm

It was still surprising to hear him comment in a manner that might be flirtatious. He'd done so a handful of times in the past week, a flattering thing to hear if she admitted to such. She wasn't entirely sure how serious he was though she took it as half-jesting, half-compliment either way. For all she knew he might have just been nice, as strange as that was to think about when it came to Peyote.

"Well, you're doing a good job of it so far!" she joked along with him.

It seemed they were still right on the same page with matters. Knowing what she did of him as a fictional character, well, it was a little surprising to see just how laidback he was when he wasn't riled up. There was quite a lot to Peyote she hadn't thought about or been able to witness when it was all just a work of fiction. How fitting, actually...

Even before Peyote finished his agreement of enjoying lazy days, Rekka had already finished up the guidelines she'd loosely follow. Now it was just a matter of working on the bodies... As always, she'd start with the head and work down, making sure to keep sizes in mind. Too easy was it to make a head too small or large, after all... This was why she always started with the head.

"What a shame," Rekka commented. "At this rate I won't be able to hear you play guitar!"

----[x]----

He was glad to hear that she was trying even if stress made it difficult for her to keep food down. Even so she made the effort and that's what counted in the long run. For the moment, he kept that thought to himself. There was no need to continue focusing on such topics, not when it seemed Kalila would prefer to speak of other things.

"Nothing other than the ordinary," Mohammed admitted. He always had something to do whether it be a planned chore, or merely picking up something through the day to aid the others. There was always something to take to doing.

Crossing his arms, Mohammed inclined his head to one side as he observed her. It was clear she was hopping to spend some time with him, perhaps tired of being on her own most of the time. Mohammed couldn't blame her for that. Perhaps he could shuffle things around. He wasn't going to be needed for sure until tonight for another night watch.

"I'm sure I'm not needed just yet, however," he reassured her, sparing another smile for her benefit. She seemed happier when he displayed an easy-going nature. For her sake, he'd continue to do so as he could.

Now it was just a matter of what to do. There wasn't much in the way of entertainment and for obvious reasons. They would have to make due with that and conversation.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 2:41 am

She spoke right along in a manner of jest. Peyote often wondered if she knew how to take a compliment. Maybe she didn't. If that was true, that was quite the same. There were some people out there who simply weren't sure how to go about speaking to others, however. Shamans could very much be that sort as well.

"Well, good, I'd be disappointed if I wasn't!" he replied. At least he could keep the conversation going in this way, just to keep things comfortable.

The figures she was drawing became a little more visible over time. It was clear that she knew exactly what to do when it came to drawing. It was a talent that he never could wrap his head around. Seeing others do it though, that was quite admirable.

He blinked, lifting his head again when she spoke up. A chuckle left him at that. He waved a dismissive hand before he spoke, "You'll have plenty of time to see me play. It's not like I'm going anywhere and you aren't either."

Maybe that was strange to say. Still, Peyote felt it was the truth. She didn't seem like she wanted to leave and he wasn't going to make her. At this point, he would be rather disappointed if Rekka tried.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila had expected that the much of the same would happen today. Most days were blurring into each other. Her routine was a mundane one but it was a routine nonetheless. No doubt, he had his as well.

Still, it seemed he had some time to spare. Not much, but it was time nonetheless. Kalila felt a little better knowing that. There wasn't much to do apart from walk and talk. Still, she felt that was enough. She didn't mind the sound of that at all.

"O-oh," she started, sparing something of a smile, "Well, if that's the case, could you spare some of that time with me?"

She felt awkward saying it, immediately rubbing her arm as if that would chase some of that feeling away. It didn't but even so, it gave her shaky hands something to do. Mohammed was kind and she felt safer when he was around. Those stares faltered just a little when he was around.

"I know there's not much around here but I really do enjoy your company," she admitted a moment later, realizing how hard her heart pounded against her chest.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:25 pm

It was so easy to joke around and flirt like this with Peyote. It wasn't the first time she'd been able to do so with someone but it felt nice to be able to again after so long. This wasn't something she'd openly go about admitting though. It was probably already pretty obvious anyways.

"Aha, I bet!" she chuckled.

It felt like Peyote continued to watch her sketch, the conversations of those around them ignored in favor of this. Rekka didn't mind too much. If nothing else they'd both grown pretty comfortable with each other in the last few days. Perhaps a little strange, but Rekka had always been pretty quick to decide if she liked a person and grew attached to them or not.

She caught him waving his hand even if she didn't lift her head as he did. He seemed quite confident that she wasn't intending to run off anytime soon and he honestly wasn't wrong in that assumption. She was attached to him and his little place, however strange that seemed to her. Once again, Rekka couldn't help but think that Kalila would have been thrilled with this prospect if she'd been here too.

"Maybe so," Rekka answered with a little grin. "But you seem awfully confident about that!"

----[x]----

She looked to have been waiting eagerly for his answer. Mohammed couldn't imagine he was terribly exciting but he was the one who'd taken to keeping her safe as could be in this place. Perhaps it was this that accounted for her fondness in the past week. Mohammed didn't think of it too much, busy as he was most times. Even when he wasn't distracted there was often a need for his full attention.

Mohammed's smile grew a little, despite himself. It was a little flattering to hear someone that wanted to just spend time with him. Usually he was just another gun for hire, a skilled mercenary and nothing more. It was nice to have a change of pace.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be able to," he answered lightly, sparing a nod towards her as he did. "Though I'm afraid there's not much to do that's terribly exciting."

Nonetheless Mohammed moved to sit next to her rather than remaining on his feet. Perhaps this was what she needed, to reassure her he was not going to leave at a moment's notice. It was certainly obvious to tell that she wasn't lying when she said his company was such that she was comfortable with. Mohammed felt warmed at that. How long had it been since he'd just sat like this with someone? He couldn't recall.

"Is there anything in particular you wanted to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:18 pm

She chuckled, the sound rather nice coming from her. It was nice to hear her laugh. Strangely, he quite liked hearing it, even if it came at rare moments. Rekka seemed to have a good sense of humor about her and at least knew when to laugh.

"At least you seem to be having a good time here," he noted.

Really, she seemed enamored with the area itself. Rekka didn't get the chance to see much of it but what she did see, she seemed very happy about it. She seemed the type to appreciate the small things. Peyote could respect things like that.

A cheeky grin overtook her lips in response to his words. She seemed confident in what she had to say, though he noticed that confidence quite often. In her, there was a lot of it, at least when she was in a good mood.

"Of course I am, chica!" he boasted in response, "You'll hear it soon enough, just be patient."

Patience seemed to be something of a joke in her. Peyote had seen more impatience in her at times than the former. Then again, maybe she just had a temper that lit quickly.

---- [ x ] ----

There was a part of him that seemed to relax when she spoke. Not so much in a way that was nervous, just is usual guard. Kalila had noticed it over the week, no doubt expecting the worst throughout his life. How long had it been since he'd experienced something normal?

She didn't ask, instead rubbing her arm again as he sat down near her. Kalila spared a small smile, more than pleased that he'd take the time. There was a lot to deal with here. He didn't need to spend that time with her.

"I don't expect much," she told him in return, "All things considered, a little time is a blessing."

Truly, it was. There was always reason to be on edge, expecting the worst. In the blink of an eye, someone could be killed. It was a terrifying revelation and Kalila tried to push it aside as soon as it had come. Instead, she focused on his question, wondering what was best to talk about.

"Well," she started after a moment, sparing him a glance, "We haven't had much of a chance to talk about you. Apart from a handful of little things, I still don't know too much about you."

That seemed like a good start. In this, she'd get to learn more about him as well, if there was much to learn in the first place.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Rekka paused in her drawing, leaning an elbow onto the table as she regarded Peyote for a moment. Chin in hand, she hummed thoughtfully. She did like this place, colorful and bright as it was. She knew there were things and people to avoid and had thankfully not yet run into them but even that didn't deter her growing attachment to the city as well.

"It's something of a fresh start for me," she admitted. That was true enough in any case even if Peyote didn't know the exact details and probably never would.

For the moment her sketch seemed forgotten, pencil poised over paper but otherwise unmoving. In time that might change again but for the moment she was willing to put it aside again. Peyote didn't seem to mind either way so long as the conversation carried on. Maybe he was interested in seeing how good of an artist she might be.

She blinked at his advice to remain patient. A small huff escaped her, something of a pout forming on her lips in turn. Curiosity burned in her to know how well he could play and what he might know music-wise. Perhaps he just wanted to tease her a little by holding off on it, or maybe he just wasn't motivated for music playing lately.

"Well, it better be worth the wait then," she announced finally, a light yet matter-of-fact tone to her voice.

Rekka's attention diverted then as their waiter returned with their food. She quickly moved to shuffle her sketchpad to her lap, eager to eat now that it was in sight and she could smell it. It certainly had a nice scent to it!

----[x]----

Her smile seemed far more sincere now that she had her answer. Mohammed didn't think too much of it, well aware of how alone she must feel here. Any sort of friendly company would be a relief. With that in mind, he did not plan on dwelling too much on it if he didn't have to. What little he could do he would.

A few seconds passed after her initial comment in which Mohammed waited to see if she had a topic in mind she wanted to broach. There must be much on her mind though whether or not she'd divulge them to him was the question. He would be patience, however. Without it he wouldn't have survived long in this life after all.

"Is that so...? I'm afraid there hasn't been much to tell about myself," he admitted, moving to rub the back of his neck almost sheepishly. What could he say that she didn't already know? Mohammed knew how to cook and how to shoot a firearm and he was a shaman to boot. There wasn't much more, he felt, that was worth talking about.

Perhaps she had questions in mind already to ask him and if that was the case then he'd indulge her as best that he could. Mohammed couldn't promise answers to everything but her curiosity would be met as honestly as could be done. At least, he hoped so. It was very likely that she might grow frustrated at any lack of answers. She didn't seem the type but who knew? He only had known her a week and in a stressful environment like this no less.

"Is there anything in particular you wanted to know...?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 pm

What she had to say didn't quite surprise Peyote. People always wanted new starts but never had the means. For her, running away from home had given her that chance. What she expected to find down here, he had no idea, but it was probably better than nothing.

"You wouldn't be the first to tell me something like that," he replied, sparing her a glance. She looked thoughtful about the entire situation, "A lot of wanders come and go, looking for new starts. I always wonder where they end up."

That thought was there and gone in an instant as she huffed in response. Peyote couldn't help but chuckle a little. It very well seemed she had quite the attitude when it came to waiting for things.

"It'll be worth it, chica, just give it time," he teased in response, "In the mean time, we'll just get you something that you like."

Drawing pads and pencils and whatever else she had listed off. Peyote couldn't even recall what it all was. That entire list had been huge.

"What do you normal draw, anyways?" he inquired after a moment, nodding toward her sketch pad.

---- [ x ] ----

It seemed like he couldn't find much on himself to talk about. Maybe he felt it wasn't important or had long been forgotten. Living such a life, Kalila figured that might be the case. He was always in strife, after all.

Still, she would try to think of something to ask. Best do that instead of losing the topic. She really did want to learn more about him if she had the chance. In turn, maybe he could learn about her as well.

"I'm sure there might be something to tell," she replied, "I mean...where were you born? What are your parents like? When did you find out you could see spirits?"

These questions, she was aware, might be something that he long since placed in the past. Even so, sometimes it was good to talk about such things. It'd give her an idea of who he was as well despite knowing more than she needed to already. A character could only tell so much to the reader. Actually speaking to them now? Well, that could provide all kinds of answers.

"Ah, if anything like that is prying, just don't tell me," she finally said after, waving a dismissive hand, "Maybe that's a little too personal."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 pm

It wasn't so surprising to hear many people came through looking for a fresh start on things. How successful they might have been, well, Peyote didn't say. It was entirely possible that he didn't know that either. For him they might have just been passing faces, here for a day or two and then gone. She nodded to show she heard though didn't really comment on it overall. What more could she add to it, after all?

He was teasing her again soon after. Maybe it was funny to see someone so eager to hear him play, or maybe it always was humorous to him when it cropped up. Rekka supposed she couldn't fault him for that.

"Well, I certainly hope so!" she teased in return instead. Knowing he was famous in Mexico, though perhaps not entirely for his mariachi band's music per say, and actually hearing what skill he had with music, well, it would prove interesting. It had been a long time since she'd heard anyone play guitar personally, too, not since her older brother had put up his guitar for good...

Peyote changed the topic soon after, nodding towards her current sketchpad. For a moment Rekka blinked at him, not yet comprehending the question, before a smile spread on her lips once again. If he was curious, well, why not show him instead of just listing 'em all off? She reached for her bag again, fishing for the other two sketch pads in her possession. The one she was drawing in now, well, this would only be but the third drawing in its pages.

"Oh, I dabble in this and that though I tend to draw people and mythical creatures a lot. Wanna look?" Without waiting for his answer, Rekka held out two tablets of varying size, one of which was heavily tapped due to the binding wearing thin over the many months she'd had it. It'd give him something to do as they ate at least.

----[x]----

For a moment it seemed that Kalila might be deep in thought. Perhaps she was thinking of what to ask about him, or maybe she flirted with the idea of another topic altogether. Really, Mohammed could only guess at what might be on her mind and wait patiently for her to speak. It didn't take long before he was rewarded with several questions.

He thumbed at his jaw for a moment, more an act of thought than anything consciously done. His parents... How long had it been since last he'd thought of them? It seemed like too long, actually. Mohammed supposed that was about right, given his day-to-day living most months. Still, a feeling of guilt washed over him briefly.

"I was very young when my parents died, I only remember that they gifted Djinn to me as my inheritance and that they were rather kindly," he answered after a great length of silence. "I suppose that answers your next question, in that I'd always been able to see them."

He was a shaman born to shamanic parents. How often that happened in these lands, Mohammed could no longer say. There was so much chaos that it made it difficult for shamans to meet and marry anymore. It was by luck and perhaps his family's arranging the marriage that he'd had shaman parents at all. He very well could have been born to ordinary folks.

"Ah, but that's a rather sad topic, isn't it?" he noted after another moment passed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:20 pm

If he was honest, he was a little excited to play for her. It wasn't so much something that benefited him other than keeping a roof over his head. For others to hear it and enjoy it, that was the best thing. He hoped that she would enjoy it when the time came.

That time would come eventually. For now, he simply enjoyed her company with a little banter in between. If anything, her mood had improved could a bit. That was the best thing anyone could ask for.

For a moment, she looked a little surprised by his question. It was only a moment after did she recover, quickly grinning. Rekka reached down and grabbed another sketch pad, listing a few things off.

Peyote took the sketch pad, thumbing through some of the pages, mostly sketches. Some of them were cute, others detailed. It was interesting to see them all.

"You're really good at this kind of thing," he complimented, flipping through to the next page, "Must have done a lot of practice over time. Huh...never really knew an artist. No wonder you want an apprenticeship."

Rekka certainly had the talent for it. She was determined to do something like this too, it seemed. Peyote certainly figured she'd probably get somewhere with it eventually.

"Anyone would be crazy not to hire you," he pointed out a moment after.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila expected that answer. To hear of a parents death still was something that would no doubt hurt. Whatever feeling he had on it back then seemed to have long since been accepted. She wondered if she could ever really go one like that herself...These days she'd have to go on without the support of her parents.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she finally replied, "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories."

If anything, she had learned he had always seen spirits. That probably mean both his parents had been shaman and the ability was passed to him. Most shamans seemed to rely on arrange marriages, so maybe that was just another, especially in this part of the world.

"You've always seen spirits then," she answered, leaning back a little, "That makes me wonder how someone just starts seeing them without any reason."

Kalila had no memory of those events from before Mato. She hadn't had any strong sixth sense other then that she suspected she was an empath. It wasn't like she actually saw anything strange.

"Yea, I'm sorry, I didn't know," she told him, steadying her hands. She didn't like to think that a lot of that happened here, "Ah...well, what can your spirit do apart from grant wishes?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Rekka waited, if a little antsy during it, while Peyote flipped through the pages. He took his time, glancing at each sketch or finished image. She wished she'd had her laptop too, myriads of those sketches finished via computer programs. But then it would raise a lot of questions, wouldn't it? Even her phone could do that, well ahead of any technology that existed in this world for the general public now.

"Ah, you remembered," you noted, somewhat surprised. It had only been mentioned once, after all. "Thank you!"

The compliment was nice, it wasn't often she showed off her work to new people first hand like this. The internet had certainly made things easier on showing to others without meeting them face-to-face. Seeing someone glance over her work like this? It was something different entirely. Rekka hoped he sincerely liked them even if some of them might not be things he'd originally like to glance at.

It helped bolster her confidence on the matter of waiting to get into an apprenticeship to hear him speak further on the matter. Things like this helped to put things into perspective even when she might previously have been growing burnt out with waiting patiently. Sometimes being patient could be such a drag.

"I hope my portfolio ends up doing the job when that time comes around," Rekka admitted.

----[x]----

Mohammed waved off her apology. There wasn't a need for it really, not when it was so long ago. Truthfully, Mohammed would have been rather petty of him to hold it against her when she had no idea anyways. He liked to think he was above pettiness.

"It was so long ago now that I can hardly dwell on it," Mohammed answered.

Kalila seemed grateful not to linger on that topic, perhaps thoughts of her own parents filling her head. Mohammed waited patiently until she spoke again. Her loss was not so long ago, after all. Time would be needed until she was ready to move on past it but until then, well, Mohammed would wait. It was all he could do on this front.

He folded his hands on his lap when finally she spoke up. It was a curious topic indeed and one that had occasionally drifted to mind. Mohammed hadn't really been able to think of a reason why but then not everything in this world could easily be explained. This sort of thing seemed to be just one of those situations, as frustrating as it might be overall.

"Hmm... I suppose that largely depends on if you're asking about what he can do on his own or when he's an oversoul," Mohammed mused aloud.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 7:36 pm

At first, she shifted in her seat a little as if antsy. Someone looking at her drawings might make her that way. It might have made people feel uncomfortable, maybe expecting to be analyzed over such things.

That wasn't his thing. Peyote simply appreciated things that he couldn't do. Rekka's artwork was something like that. She did have talent so maybe she'd use it one day.

"Course I remembered," he answered, glancing up from the pad of paper, "It's important to you, chica. It wouldn't quite sit right to just up and forget about it."

However she felt toward that, he didn't know. Peyote was pretty decent at reading when she felt a little bashful but then again, she wasn't subtle on the matter either. It was like she had no experience what so ever. Maybe she didn't.

Peyote didn't pretend to know the art world all that well. He knew music and that was that. still, it was good to have something to show, at the end of it all.

"I can't imagine most would turn their nose up at potential," he told her, "But I don't know art all that well either. I just play the guitar, you know?"

---- [ x ] ----

Mohammed seemed alright with how the conversation had ended up. Truth be told, she'd been a tad apprehensive on bringing up the past. It was clear he had moved on, however. Maybe being a shaman made that a little easier.

Kalila didn't ask that. It was just general assumption and she figured that in a whole, it was probably truth. Being well aware what lay beyond their life now might have been a comfort.

Still, she blinked, seeming uncertain of his words. Oversoul was something she hadn't heard in a while. It was something that was said over and over again in the series but she honestly never had a real understand of it, just a general explanation.

"What's 'oversoul?'" she inquired a moment later, "I don't think Mato's told me about things like that just yet."

In all, she figured she knew why. There was no point in trying something that might strain her body. Mato seemed to have good foresight on that matter.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 2:57 pm

It was surprising to hear Peyote justify why he remembered. She'd figured he might have a reason, or maybe he was just good at recalling small details like that, but not that line of reasoning. It was kind of flattering, actually that he'd think like that about her. Rekka couldn't imagine he was like that with everyone he met after all, he just didn't seem the type to be.

"You keep telling me things like that and I'll be more inclined to think you're a huge softie!" she teased in good nature. It was actually kind of cute and sweet, she thought, to see a punk-looking guy like Peyote have a soft spot actually. Maybe it were these glimpses of that that caused her to so easily want to get to know him further despite how rough he could sometimes be.

Her current sketch seemed to have been forgotten at the moment, more inclined to focus on the topic now. Rekka had taken up the pencil again though it still hovered, unmoving, over the area she next intended to work. There'd be plenty of time today for finishing it further, of that she was positive of.

"I'd like to think the same, but people can be picky sometimes," Rekka admitted, perhaps a little sheepishly. She certainly was when it came to who she wanted to apprentice under. "C'mon now, music is a form of art. Play the right chords together and you could make someone happy or sad; things I draw can elicit the same feelings too."

Perhaps that was a little more than she'd share with most people but it seemed important to note now. She could be picky about who she listened to. If a band or singer was solely interested in singing about themselves then she had no interest in paying them any mind. She wanted music that could hold a meaning to many different people.

----[x]----

The topic was there and gone as soon as it had come up. It was entirely possible that it had made Kalila uncomfortable, knowing his parents were no more. If that was the case then he would let it slide without further discussion; he was not out to make her uncomfortable if he could help it after all. Shamans had to stick together as best as they could in this world nowadays.

What she asked next, well, it gave Mohammed a bit of insight as to what Mato might have been informing her about. No doubt the basics but past that it seemed the bear spirit had yet to delve into with his shaman. Whether or not there was a reason for that Mohammed couldn't say. If the bear would ever divulge that answer had yet to be seen.

For the time being he leaned forward, folding his hands as he thought about how to best describe it. He'd picked up on oversouls quickly as a child and as such had had no reason to dwell on what it was and how it functioned. Now, however, that was changed.

"Oversouls are a way for the spirit to more fully be able to interact with the material plane, though it's only possible with the aid of a shaman." He paused then, mulling it over further. Though that was the truth it was also more complex than that. "It's a way for shamans to do battle, to protect with the spirit allies without having to integrate with them. It's a more accomplished skill though still rather basic."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Peyote snorted in response to her words. She seemed to have a bit of a teasing bone in her body and he didn't mind. It wasn't like he hadn't done the same anyways. Still, she seemed to pick up on a few things most didn't.

"Ah, I don't know what you're talking about," he jested back, "Not a soft bone in my body."

That was far from the truth. Peyote was a rather sentimental man. Most didn't know that, at least not those close to him. Anyone else already had a hint of how he thought or who he was.

Peyote closed the sketch book as he looked up. Their waiter was coming with their food, so he'd put this aside for now. He wanted to see more if she let him. Given that they were going to get supplies anyways, so he might get the chance.

"And it's those people who don't know any talent," he pointed out easily, handing her the sketch pad back, "People who are picky are too self absorbed into what they believe is right."

Peyote felt it was the truth. Even in music, there were people like this. He had long since learned to ignore critical thinking. Most of it didn't matter.

"Ah, but that's not important right now," he carried on as their food was sat down on the table, "Eat, I'm sure you'll like it."

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila recalled oversoul and his own power. It was within that crystal medium he had used throughout the series. His spirit would remain within it rather than his lamp, from what she recalled.

His spirit seemed to be far more complex than most others, however. As long as it was on Mohammed's wishes, the spirit could even kill someone. That was a scary thought, all things considered.

She pushed those thoughts aside in favor for their conversation. True, she knew what it was though, he didn't know that. What was more, Kalila didn't know how to use that power in the first place.

"Mato didn't go into that kind of detail. Maybe he's just concerned," she replied, "But if it's basic, he'll probably touch on it in time...It sounds pretty complex to me, though."

Kalila was a little nervous to toy with such things, especially here. Mato seemed to know that and didn't push more than casual information. She found that for the best right now. All things considered, she didn't want to cause a scene.

"What can Djinn do in oversoul?" she asked then, already well aware it was a strong beam that he could shoot out of the palm of his hand.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:45 pm

She chuckled at Peyote's off-handed comment, waving away her jesting observation. Rekka wasn't so certain of his claim though she didn't mention that. If it was a true observation then it might be a thing that Peyote wasn't fond of in his own personality. Maybe he thought it hindered him in some way or something; Rekka couldn't begin to guess and she suspected that Peyote wouldn't share that answer if she asked.

"Aha, really? I must've been mistaken then," she played along instead.

Peyote didn't seem overly fond of pickiness though given he liked simpler things that made sense. Picky people made things more difficult after all. In some regard Rekka could agree and sympathize with that line of thinking. Even so some things were worth getting a little picky about.

She took back her tablet as he handed it to her, tucking it away safely in her bag once again. Only then did she situate the remaining one so that she wouldn't risk any food or drink splattering over it. Rekka wasn't quite ready to put it up yet. It was an easy affair to sketch a bit between bites, at least for her it was. She'd long since had much practice at it.

"Well, aren't you confident about that," she noted teasingly. Nonetheless she'd swapped her pencil for the fork, already digging into her breakfast.

----[x]----

She sat attentively, listen to his explanation. Despite this Mohammed wasn't entirely sure that she understood fully. He was not a teacher, he was a protector, a fighter. Stepping back to actually try to educate someone else on shamanic abilities was new to him. The best way for Kalila to understand would be to figure it out with the aid of her spirit as most shamans ended up having to do before they could grasp the concept entirely. Nonetheless he would try until that time came.

"Perhaps it is though it doesn't feel like it once you've accomplished an oversoul," Mohammed admitted. "Eventually he should lest you remain rather powerless without the use of a physical weapon."

In this place and situation being powerless wasn't advised. For the time being there was no reason to continue on with the reminder, however. Why do that when he meant to ease her mind right now? She was too stressed and Mohammed worried what may happen if it carried on in this manner.

A blink followed her words as his initial response. What could Djinn do? Ah, that was right, she hadn't seen them in action together. There was hardly a point when he had an assault rifle and those soldiers they fought had no shamanic abilities. He thought about it a moment, leaning back and even rubbing a hand over his chin. Should he tell her? He'd never had a reason to before, not to anyone he knew in the past. Giving away your skills meant they could eventually be found out by the enemy...

"Well, I suppose I could say that Djinn and I have made due with the fact that I prefer longer ranges between my opponents and I," he admitted finally.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 1:34 am

Peyote snorted lightly in response. She had finished tucking her sketch books away, ready to eat something. It had to be near noon now but that didn't seem to bother her at all. Maybe she was used to eating a late breakfast, who knew.

"Don't doubt a local now," he teased in response, "Never know what I might make you eat instead."

Insects weren't exactly a fan favorite toward tourist, even if they were just dried out crickets. Most were used to it here but there were very few American's willing to give it a try.

Peyote picked up his own utensil, starting to eat as well. She seemed to enjoy what was on her plate, not at all picky about what was on it. That was good, he'd picked her something she might have liked.

"What do you like, chica?" he asked, leaning back for a moment, "I hope my taste isn't too bad?"

---- [ x ] ----

A short hum left Kalila in response. Would Mato do it even if she pressed for that protection? She wasn't sure. He had already expressed doubt on her weak state of mind privately. What was more, he seemed wary on those around them as well. Maybe there was more to it that he wasn't telling her.

"Well, maybe I'll ask him again," she answered.

Kalila wasn't sure if he'd do anything or even let her attention such a thing but it was better than nothing. She found Mato was very set in his decisions, whether she liked that or not.

It was a moment after did she ask what more Djinn could do. By all means, she had already known. However, she said nothing on that. This was a secret she would not part with anytime soon.

Kalila tipped her head at the vague explanation. Maybe there was somewhat of a lack of trust still there. It hurt a little but she tried to ignore it, "That's...well, I guess I'll just have to see it one day, if I ever have the pleasure."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Rekka allowed an amused hum to escape her, even as she munched on her breakfast. As promised it was spicy but not enough that it was too much for the start of her day. Whatever it was, it looked simple enough and tasted good; Rekka had no complaints. Food was food and it was even better when it was something new that was tasty to boot.

"Pretty passable for now," she answered teasingly. "But anyone can have 'beginner's luck.'"

It was a nice change of pace from the last few days, having to settle into a new routine in a foreign country no less. Maybe Peyote had an inkling of how stressful that'd been. He had claimed to be an empath, after all, so it was very likely he'd sensed it even if he wasn't fully aware of it. Nonetheless Rekka had done well enough, even with little medication left... Rationing it out, however, wasn't working quite as well as she'd hoped. But she'd rather not dwell on that right now.

The lazier day would help, she was sure. At least, Rekka hoped so.

"If you like more food like this though, I should think you'll be well off," she continued, a light yet lofty tone to her voice for effect.

----[x]----

She didn't seem to be entirely enthused about the direction of the conversation. Even so Mohammed wasn't sure what she wanted to hear. Mohammed wasn't going to lie to her, however, even if he did know what she wished most to hear from him. Doing so would only endanger her and break whatever trust in him she had.

Mohammed shook his head, running a hand through his hair before he spoke. "I hope you don't," he admitted. "If you do it means you're too close to the danger for my liking..."

This topic was put to a halt when another entered the broken down kitchen, gesturing to Mohammed. He lifted his head, recognizing the young face of the other rebel fighter. A few words were exchanged before Mohammed allowed a smile and a wave to dismiss the young man. He spared no time in scurrying away, perhaps eager to get to some other task he had lined up.

Mohammed turned back to Kalila then, smiling still. Perhaps a change of clothes could ease her mind here, or at least make the stares lessen. That had been his hope when he'd asked the supply runners to make sure to pick up an extra or to if they could for Kalila. He gestured to her to follow him as he rose to his feet.

"I hope you don't mind, I asked for the others to locate a change of clothes for you." He paused then, glancing at her. "That is, if you want to change..."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:26 pm

A snort left him, short at the little taunting that she pushed out. It wasn't much. If anything, she seemed a little happier now. There were points in time he noticed and felt her rather down. Peyote didn't ask, figuring it was best to just leave it be until she needed to say something.

"I'm lucky enough, I'll make it happen again," he joked in response, grinning a little in return.

Somehow, this all felt rather natural to him. He didn't know why, preferring much more of a loner life apart from his band or those at the bar. Maybe it was the idea that she was a drifter. Peyote tried not to make too much sense of it.

Rekka was content and that's what matter. Odd as the situation was much less what happened this morning, he wasn't complaining.

"The problem is getting me to cook it," he answered after a moment, "I'm lazy as hell most nights."

After this week, he noticed she seemed very much the same. He had his doubts that either of them could really work something out in terms of needing or wanting to cook in the morning and evening.

---- [ x ] ----

He seemed adamant on that statement and in some regards, she could understand why. It would probably be one of his last resorts in a dangerous situation. If she were involved, well, maybe having his hand forced would have been the worst of options.

Kalila didn't get the chance to speak up about it. Someone came to the door, speaking in his native dialect. It was becoming more familiar to her now but still, she had no idea what was being said. Not until Mohammed translated for her.

"Ah?" she started, surprised by his words for a brief moment. He'd gone through the trouble of finding her clothing now too? That was rather quick, if she was honest, "Oh, yea, sure. Anything to help me blend in a little better."

Kalila knew it wouldn't fix things. She was still white as a sheet. At least with her head down, it would be easier to hide that away.

She rose to her feet, ready to follow after him. She continued to ignore the way her stomach seemed to gnaw at itself in hunger. Forcing down what she had was hard enough. It was a shame but there wasn't much she could do about it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6