AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Grenin10

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Rekka acted interested in his music, prodding him about seeing a show one day. Maybe she would, if she stuck around long enough. Who knew if she was the type to pick up and head off without word. He would find out in time, he guessed.

"Please, I'm sure I can play you a few songs beforehand," he replied after a moment, "You listen to a lot of music, eh? Have you ever tried to play?"

Some people showed interest, others didn't. It might have been too difficult to pick up and was quite the task. He learned as a teen and just kept at it until he'd grown up and headed out on his own.

"Guitar isn't so difficult once you wrap your head around it," he explain, "And get over how sore your fingers will get. It was a pain as a kid."

Peyote had recalled how much he complained about it. He had complained about a lot of things as a kid. There wasn't much of a reason to but he supposed he was just like any other needy teen.

"Parent didn't like it, wanted more to follow the family business," he added, "Not enough shaman in the world and what not."

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila was a little afraid of what he had said. What would she have to do? Just duck her head and listen to orders? That much she could manage though, the anxiety and her panic attacks might become a problem in the future...

"I don't handle things well," she answered honestly, a hint of sarcasm in her tone. She hadn't meant it, at least not the sarcasm. It was simply a defense mechanism.

"You will have to learn," Mato answered simply.

He wasn't wrong and Kalila knew that. Telling her to simply learn was a difficult thing to deal with. After all, coping with anxiety in a stressful situation was incredibly hard. One couldn't just say 'deal with it' and expect that to work. It didn't make the the anxiety go away.

"I expected as much," she finally answered Mohammed's answer.

Kalila sighed, uncertain of everything around her. Just trying to buck up wasn't going to chase away everything she felt. Still, she tried to look on the brighter side of things, if only not to slip into another depressive state. She wondered how long it would be this time...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Was it just her, or did Peyote seem to like the attention about his music? It seemed like it, with the way he offered to even play her a song or two either way. The grin he wore was telling enough. Maybe it was something he was proud of, it was definitely something he enjoyed doing anyways, with the way he spoke about it.

"I've tried a time or two, but I could never wrap my head around the book," Rekka admitted. A moment passed before she continued to say "I learn better seeing and doing then trying to read it off..."

Her gaze drifted back to Peyote while he spoke about playing guitar and about his parents, however briefly it was. If nothing else she learned a bit more about Peyote. He was fairly open about it, actually. Was it because she was a shaman too?

"Yeah? What made you choose music then?" A second or two passed before Rekka realized that might be too personal of a question for someone who was essentially a stranger. "Uh, feel free to ignore that if you don't wanna answer it..."

----[x]----

Mohammed's eyebrow had rose at Kalila's comment, the shades of sarcasm noticeable. He had expected her spirit to defend her, to demand that she be allowed more freedoms than might initially be given but instead Mohammed was in for a little surprise. The bear's comment was a simple one, nearly commanding Kalila nor Mohammed to do anything. He merely spoke the truth. For a long moment, Mohammed could only observe the bear, curious as to what it had in mind, if anything.

He blinked, turning back to Kalila as she finally spoke to him directly. Well, at least she knew what was happening then. Really, things could have been worse for her, she could have been a prisoner entirely and not just due to circumstance.

"As long as you understand and don't cause us any trouble you've nothing to worry about here," Mohammed assured her. He left out the parts that might include someone discovering their safe house and storming in to eliminate them all. She might have even already thought of that anyways.

He remained, uncertain of what to do or say next. There was no information he could pass on other than that she was a shaman and there was no telling how she'd gotten here. Whatever memories that would have told them that were apparently forgotten, hidden in some haze if Kalila was telling the truth. There was no reason to think that she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Learning through a book was certainly her first mistake. Peyote didn't put a lot of mention on that, however. It was a rookie thing to do and wasn't her fault if she had no guide.

"Doing it that way is too hard for most people," he agreed after a moment, "I can show you more if you're interested."

She seemed to be growing a little more comfortable in asking her own questions, personal or not. It wasn't as if Peyote was really hiding much about himself, so he didn't so much mind. He offered a shrug in response before he continued.

"Didn't want to follow my father in being some priest," he replied, "Basically did what all teens did at the time. Complained and did whatever I wanted. And a passion for music in a world where meeting another shaman is something of a rarity, I don't quite mind."

His parents didn't agree but he had stopped listening to them a long while back. There weren't enough shamans in the world to keep the line going. Why worry about?

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila couldn't think of much more to say other than what had already passed. If she was honest, her mood for talking or doing much of anything just didn't exist. The most she wanted to do was sleep.

Even so, she figured she might not get much restfulness in that either. The thought made her sigh again. This was all too much to digest and her mind still whirled with questions that had no answers.

"Didn't plan on causing trouble in the first place," she answered dully.

Never before did Kalila long for home so desperately. Could she even return to that place now, when it seemed like she was pulled into another world entirely. Just another question to add to the pill without answers.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Well, at least it wasn't just her then, if plenty of others found book learning for instruments too much. She'd certainly felt dumb enough back then, trying to wrap her head around it all. Her elder brother certainly hadn't wanted to spend the time to teach her first hand, after all, despite gifting her the guitar in the first place.

Her eyes lit up and, despite all the times she recalled Kalila teasing her about Peyote and 'shipping her with him' and Rekka's vehement refusal of this, she began to grow rather eager to spend time with Peyote now that he was real. It certainly helped at the possible promise of guitar lessons, in any case.

"Careful! Say things like that and you might never get rid of me," she half-joked.

Rekka blinked, a little surprised when he did answer her next question. Was it really that simple for him? Probably, actually. He'd seemed pretty brazen from what she recalled of him.

From behind the two, the fox's voice rang out.
"Interesting. I find myself curious as to what you wish to do now that you have met another shaman, however."

Perhaps it was all the time she spent with Kalila and her teasing, or maybe it was just a natural conclusion to come to, either way Rekka was sure her face might've turned hot as she shot the fox a look. There was no need for that kinda talk, much less out in the open where all sorts of people could glimpse a stray reaction to the spirit. No one seemed to pay the pair any mind but still.

"Just what are you implying, fox?" Rekka received only a chuckle from the spirit in question.

----[x]----

Mohammed's frown deepened once more at the dejected mumble he received in answer. For a moment he wasn't too sure what to do or say again. This wasn't like the usual behavior he tended to have to deal with, especially so knowing that she held no answers for him anyways. At least, not right now. Perhaps in time she might recall things and his curiosity would be sated a little.

Her bear spirit didn't seem inclined to offer up anything to Kalila, whether it be advice or suggestions. Mohammed spared him a glance, wondering what the bear was thinking. Of course that steely gaze told him nothing.

It was Mohammed who would ultimately break the silence, holding out a hand as he spoke. "Perhaps a bit of a walk around the building might help ease your mind?"

Why was he offering that? He wasn't sure, but it was the first thing he could think of to suggest to her. It wasn't like they could traipse about outside at any rate. If nothing else it might ease her mind and worries a little. If something happened here she might yet know her way around to safety. Mohammed wasn't entirely keen on losing another shaman so soon after meeting another.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Rekka seemed to be enthusiastic about his offer. If that had broken her mood so quickly, he would have suggested it earlier! On top of all of that, it'd give him something to do whilst getting to know another shaman. Outside of his parents, he hadn't know many for a long period of time.

He spared her a grin, glad to hear that she was a little more talkative now. Maybe she was growing a little more comfortable.

"I don't have a problem with that, chica," he replied.

It took a moment to realize that might have implied quite a bit. Even before he could correct himself, the fox was already pointing out something else. Now that was an implication going far despite knowing it was a joke.

"Well my parents would have been thrilled," he joked along, offering a short laugh, "Then a lot of what you're imply would be true. God knows most shamanic families are still into arranged marriages."

Just trying to keep the lines alive, Peyote had heard that a lot of families preferred such things. He was a little glad that he'd gotten so far away now. It gave him more choice in the long wrong.

---- [ x ] ----

Mato had remained silent but observant over the entire thing. Kalila recalled that totems were used as guides and as such, he probably wouldn't be the one to give her all the answers or defend her. They were meant to help a person grow.

As she pondered this, Mohammed spoke up again, offering his hand to pull her to her feet. The offer was a nice one, even if she'd rather sleep her troubles away. Sitting around wasn't going to do her much good and getting acquainted with the place seemed best.

"Yea...sure," she finally answered, letting her hand slip into his.

She rose to her feet with look problem, though her muscles felt a little sore from the lack of movement. If anything, moving around a little bit might help.

"Lead the way," was all she managed afterward.

Kalila had doubts that there was much to see here but she'd at least try to map out where they'd go. She figured that might be the best thing to do in the worst case scenario.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 10:19 pm

It didn't seem like much of a comment until the fox had spoken up, jesting about any sort of implications that statement of Peyote's might have hidden. Was she really the only one who didn't quite prefer this topic? Maybe it was all the times Kalila had teased her about this particular man, or rather he'd been only a character at the time...

She ran a hand over her face, attempting to cool it though it did little good. The dry heat didn't help much either, nor did Peyote's joking along with the topic. If anything her face burned a little more at the further implications. If he had been in touch with his parents still and she'd traipsed along, would something like that have really happened? It was strange to think about.

"My, my, how telling. But can you blame them, really?" the fox prodded further, sounding quite amused.

"Some people might like that though," Rekka pointed out, adjusting her glasses on her nose. "Takes the hassle outta trying to find someone. Assuming that's what they want, anyways."

"Indeed."

----[x]----

Kalila didn't seem to want to answer him, not right away anyways. For a moment Mohammed waited, hand still held out for her to take, though he wondered if it was a bit futile. Just when he'd been about to let his hand fall to his side, to leave and let her rest, she'd answered. He offered a small smile, one that was no doubt a little strained, and helped her to her feet.

"I'm afraid it won't all be much to look at," he pointed out before he even turned to do as she asked. This place was ramshackle, barely withstanding the desert winds it seemed. It served purposes well, however, keeping them hidden and safe.

He allowed the door to remain open as he headed out into the hallway, waiting long enough for Kalila to join him. Only then did he really start off, down the dusty path. From some rooms he could hear the inhabitants--fellow rebels, or those who they had aided and kept safe--speaking softly tone another. Some were even tending to wounds or cleaning their weapons, always at the ready.

For a time it was quiet between the two. For how long, though? Seconds, minutes? Mohammed couldn't say for sure. He found himself uncertain as to how to really interact with Kalila at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 10:49 pm

"In this day and age, no, I guess I couldn't," he answered, sparing a glance at the little fox spirit, "Shamans are a dying breed, as much most hate to admit it. We either find a way to survive or become more like the humans around us."

Peyote let the previous topic drop, taking note of how red Rekka's face had gotten. Maybe she was easier to embarrass than he would have thought. He'd make a point to take it easy on her. Still, what she said in response surprised him.

"Ehhh, here I thought you woulda been the free choice type," he jested in response, "Maybe an arrange marriage just appeals to you."

That was a little too easy to get her flustered again but he wouldn't push too hard. There was no need to chase her away when he was offering her a place to stay just to ensure her safety.

"Ah, I apologize!" he said afterward, a chuckle leaving him,i "It's not very often I get to tease a lady."

Being a bit of a loner and a rough and tumble guy, it wasn't a surprise. Still, this was a nice change of pace regardless. In time, maybe they'd both be used to the change.

---- [ x ] ----

The building wasn't much, nor were the halls, but somehow Kalila had expected that. There wasn't much to look at, as he had said. Even the hot wind hitting the side of the building seemed to make it through.

Kalila simply did her best to pay attention to her surroundings. Here, it was life or death as much as she hated to admit it. American soldiers might see her as a sympathizer later on, if this place didn't hold up.

She tried to shake the thought from her mind as they started walking. For a while, she glanced at their surroundings or listened to voices she couldn't understand.

Kalila wasn't sure what to say to him or what topic to really bring up. If her mood had been better, she might have thought of something quickly. The silence only worsened her nerves, so she finally tried to speak, even if it sounded strained.

"How long have you been out here?" she asked, sparing him a brief glance.

Within the story, it had hardly been touched on other than he was still a child when he learned how to shoot a gun. That wa a sad thing to think about knowing his only means for survival was a spirit no one else could see and a weapon he could raise against an army.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:07 am

This was so dumb, Rekka quickly decided. There was no reason for her face to get this hot over nothing. Maybe it was all that previous teasing Kalila had taken to with this particular character--no, man, now. It certainly didn't improve things at any rate.

She offered a brief sigh, perhaps due to her situation, or to the fact that she was far too easily flustered right now. Though Peyote was only teasing again, it was obvious enough by the tone of his voice, Rekka couldn't say she really knew what she wanted. The idea of a significant other was appealing but finding someone that fit the bill hadn't exactly happened. Maybe she was too picky?

"Ha! Wouldn't you like to know?" she jested back nonetheless.

It was a bit of surprise that Peyote was apologizing for his teasing soon after. He certainly didn't look the type to go saying sorry about much of anything, at any rate.

A dismissive wave of the hand followed his comment. "A punk-lookin' dude like you in a band? Please, I thought you'd have the ladies all over you," she teased back instead.

----[x]----

From the corner of his eye Mohammed spared a glance or two at Kalila as they walked. On occasion someone would pass them by, sparing a curious glance at Kalila and then a nod at Mohammed. Surely they might be wondering why Mohammed was allowing her passage about the safe house. He would deal with that curiosity later, when Kalila was not at his side. She had enough on her shoulders from his understanding.

He wasn't sure if Kalila was going to participate in any more conversation now. Her thoughts surely must be rather crowded and hard to grasp. If that was the case then Mohammed would silently lead the way around the safe house. It would be a time to allow her to try to sort those thoughts out.

As such, it was quite the surprise when she did speak up. Mohammed blinked, glancing at her more fully then. "A few months," he said finally. "We've moved around a time or two."

It probably went without saying why they all head to pick up and move, or scatter around. Staying in one place for too long increased the risks of being found after all.

"We might remain longer here, if all goes well."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Rekka would relax again as she taunted back a little bit. She seemed to have a bright personality now that she was more comfortable. Who knew that teasing someone could get a person there. Then again, everyone was different.

"Some man will, someday, you know!" he joked in return, "Or lady. Whatever you're into!"

Peyote laughed again as she shot him a look. It was a crude assumption but all to poke a little fun at the situation. Really, it seemed like she needed it to get her mind off of whatever kept her so gloomy at the time.

He snorted lightly in response to her next words. While not at all untrue, Peyote had a lack of interest in a lot of things. Indulging in those needs were nice one in a while but being around so many people drained him at times.

"Sometimes, chica!" he joked in return, "Not as often as some would think!"

Peyote rounded a corner, glancing around. There were many milling about here. It wouldn't be but a few more blocks until he got back to his own home.

---- [ x ] ----

She felt his eyes on him for a moment before he answered. It was a simple answer, in fact, and one that she somewhat expected. People scattered when things were dangerous. She couldn't pretend to know the full extent of that, however.

"I see," she answered easily, "That must be hard..."

Truthfully for those here, maybe it wasn't as bad as she'd believed. Growing so accustom to having to move around, it might have just been an everyday occurrence to them. Likewise, growing accustom to this heat and scorching sun, it was probably relatively normal.

"I'm pretty ill equip to be here," she brought up, "But there's not a whole lot that can be done. I hate the heat though..."

At the moment, she was merely rambling to ramble. Those who passed by shot glances and she tried to ignore them. This was just the natural reaction. Whether or not the stares would pass in the future, she would have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Rekka rolled her eyes at Peyote's recent jest. She was quite attracted to males though there was no need to specify that now. She didn't quite have many intentions of finding someone here. It wasn't like she could even prove she existed with the lack of proper identification. Living in this world, it was going to be far more difficult than ever before...

He didn't say too much to her taunting other than it occasionally occurred. Or, so he claimed. Rekka wasn't sure how truthful that was at all, given how impatient and grumpy he appeared when he wasn't joking at her expense. She made no mention to point that out, however, as they rounded the corner to a new block.

There were so many people here, so many conversations and things happening all at once. Rekka could hardly manage to make out many of the words being spoken, even if she'd be able to translate them, her head swimming already at just how lost she truly felt when indulging in such a large crowd among the sidewalks. This must've been the busier part of the city then, if she had to guess.

"Really now?" she said instead, attempting to take her mind off the people here. Too many to take in all at once and it left her a little high strung with all that noise. Instead she tried to focus on the buildings.

----[x]----

He offered a shrug in answer to her comment. Perhaps it was though they'd all grown used to it. They had to in order to survive and keep fighting the American forces. Who else would if not for them? Mohammed couldn't let himself fall so easily.

She commented again before Mohammed could, pointing out the obvious. At the very least she was self-aware and was not going to deny it. That was the first step to correcting a problem of any sort, now it would just be getting her better equipped for the situation she'd found herself in. It wasn't ideal, but it was all they could do lest she die out there. Mohammed wasn't quite fond of the idea of her being interrogated, or worse, tortured for the information of their whereabouts if anyone found her as well.

"In time that will change," he promised. "It will have to if you wish to remain safe."

It was simply the truth and nothing more. With her spirit guide she might not be entirely lost and helpless but without prior knowledge and experience of the desert in a whole she might end up dead anyways. Mohammed resisted a shake of his head at that. She was merely an unfortunate third party in this, he would protect her if he was able. That was his purpose in life, after all.

"One step at a time," he assured further.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:18 pm

She drew a little quieter as he spoke but he didn't mind. Rekka seemed to glance around a little bit, seeming more interested in the people around her. True, this was all a new environment but she seemed pleased about it.

Eventually, she spoke up again as they walked. It was more interest in what he had said previously, not that he quite blamed her for that. Sometimes, it was simply difficult to explain.

"People are tiring," he told her finally, tipping his head as if in thought, "Too many of'em around and it drains me. Someone has once told me that I'm effected by other people's emotions and I'm finding most days, that's true."

It was an odd condition but not one he disliked. He was more in tune with people's emotions which made it easier to pick out who might cause trouble and who wouldn't. In the same regard, he felt how lost Rekka was. Maybe that had swayed his decisions.

"I suppose it's common in shaman," he continued, "But I've heard some normal folk can feel the same thing, just a tad duller."

---- [ x ] ----

His points were fair and true. Kalila would rather be told the truth than some lie that everything was going to be okay. They weren't, she was already well aware of that fact.

"Truth be told," she finally answered in agreement, "But I'll probably burn to a crisp before anything else."

She was pale and even during the summer back in the States, she had trouble with sunburn. Kalila had to be careful about staying in the sun too long.

"It's...probably not much but I appreciate you sticking your neck out for me like this," she finally brought up after a long few beats of silence, "You don't have to and admittedly...I'm a mess to deal with sometimes."

Truth be told, this was the biggest reason she hadn't really reached out to many. Apart from being effected by their emotions, she was emotional herself. The entire thing was a mess in the wrong situation. Kalila had goals to sort herself out before getting involved with anyone she didn't already know.

It felt ironic that even know, somehow something would put a halt to whatever progress she might have made.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:55 pm

She hadn't really expected an answer out of Peyote this time around yet one came anyways. Her attention drifted up to him as he spoke, mentioning the fact that he was some sort of empath. Well, if that was the case it would explain why he looked so irritable. She found she could be too given enough time in a crowd or with people in general and no time to recharge, so to speak.

"Ah, you too then?" she noted simply. "I guess that makes sense."

Briefly, she wondered when she'd shifted to move back behind Peyote a little. Perhaps she'd done so without thinking, given he was taller than her and broader. The crowds parted far easier for him then they ever would for her petite self.

It wasn't like shamanism was normal in the world she came from but if being an empath was fairly common for one it would make sense. They communicated with the dead, so why not this new information as well? There was no reason it wasn't true.

"Must get pretty annoying in such a large place then," Rekka pointed out.

----[x]----

He rose an eyebrow at her comment. It was almost so lighthearted that he might not have believed her right away but for the look on her face. It seemed sunburn was a problem for her, and why wouldn't it be with such pale skin?

"We will not leave you to fend for yourself here," Mohammed pointed out, brow creasing as his thoughts swam. "Once we have a spare set of clothing you will be better properly equipped for the heat at least."

Had she thought otherwise? Mohammed wondered why when it was clear she was not a threat, nor entirely a prisoner here. Though she must stay he would at least do his best to keep her comfortable and safe along with the others. There was no reason to seclude her because she was not native here. Once this was all blown over, then she could leave to her homeland.

If it all blew over, anyways.

Mohammed had no time to think of that much longer as she spoke again, mentioning a new tidbit or two. He honestly wasn't sure how to take what she said. Was it a warning, or an earnest thanks despite what flaws she had that would make things difficult? It could even have been both for all Mohammed knew. American women didn't behave like those here, not often anyways.

"I see," he murmured. Louder yet, he said "We've no reason to leave you out on your own, despite the situation at hand."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:36 pm

So she suffered the same? It shouldn't have surprised him, given she was a shaman. Some just weren't as in tune with that part of themselves as it seemed he was. It certainly made things difficult.

"Yup, me too," he answered, "Sometimes it's a little too much to bare."

It was tiring and why Peyote made a point not to get involved with too many. True, he had a few friends he held quite close but other than that, he kept most at a distance.

"It can be," he confirmed, "Especially when people are annoyed or depressed or irrationally upset. It's always the negative emotions that can be difficult to bare with in crowds like this."

In that regard, she must have felt the same at points. Peyote could sympathize with a lot of it. Emotions were powerful things and dealing with them, even more so.

"You learn to cope with it. If you ever feel too overwhelmed, there's always a safe space at the house."

---- [ x ] ----

His words weren't much but it was an answer and she'd take them. Just having someone who spoke English was a real blessing here. Everything else, well, she'd pick out whatever little blessings she still had later. That seemed like a wise choice...

Her mind wandered for a moment, when she could go home, if she even could. Thinking about that, realizing she was in a world that was not her own...She might not even have a home to return too. Her chest ached a little at the thought and she tried to ignore the feeling.

Kalila rubbed her arm awkwardly as she thought of a way to respond. There wasn't much to say to that. What was done was done and now, there was just the problem of what they'd do in the future.

"Still, it's better than what most would have done," she finally replied.

Even in the States, most people went ignored in favor of those who had more money or were at least well off. Help was not often something that was easy to find, despite America being so well off, or at least what it looked like from the outside.

"But I could just be biased from bad experiences with most..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 10:33 pm

She nodded along to his comments, well aware of what he must feel in crowds like this. It was certainly familiar enough hearing it. Even so, what was there to say to all that that Peyote wouldn't already know? She shook her head at that thought. What did that really matter?

"Sounds like you've got things sorted out," she pointed out instead. Then again, why wouldn't he? He was her age, a grown man who lived on his own presumably. Of course he would have things laid out as he needed them, if he had the means to anyways.

Rekka scratched the back of her head, glancing around at the people they passed. There might have been other Americans in the crowd, touring the lower parts of Mexico, though Rekka didn't spot any. It didn't really matter anyways, she supposed. In this new world, who was to say her family was here too, much less a home to go back to? From the corner of her eye she spotted the fox floating along after them leisurely.

"How much further is your house from here?" she said, if only to further the conversation. He seemed to want to keep it going, after all, so why not indulge a little? Rekka couldn't help but think briefly about how stoked Kalila would be about this if she were here.

----[x]----

It seemed she didn't have much to say now, not with the way she took to fussing with her arm. Perhaps that was a habit, or maybe it was something she consciously chose to do in lieu of speaking just yet. Mohammed wondered but did not dwell on it nor ask. What was the point? She was going to stay here for some time, after all, there would be plenty of opportunities to learn which it might have been and more during the months to come.

Mohammed offered a shrug at her comment she chose to finally answer with. What most would have done and what he might do tended to be a little different. Most did not take up a gun and fight off a military as far as she might be aware of. It was all a matter of perspective, he felt.

"Perhaps," he said, if only to further the small conversation. "Though I've little reason to not aid you."

Perhaps pointing that out might help, or maybe it would only make her quieter. Mohammed honestly wasn't sure with how things had gone thus far. The silence of her spirit guide was a little uncanny as well after so loud a roar being his introduction with the spirit. He supposed he shouldn't complain, however.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:56 am

Peyote shoved his hands into his pockets. The information wasn't much but it was enough to go on. Maybe she'd already known a lot of it. Still, she had asked and it wouldn't be right not to answer.

"As much as I can," he answered her, "Helps to keep me sane."

He rounded another corner, glancing back at her briefly. She asked if they were close and they were. His home was just in sight though, it wasn't much. Peyote wasn't the type to want big things, so he lived rather simply.

"Impatient?" he inquired lightly, "Or maybe it's the heat?"

She did look a little hot in the face. Who knew how long it had been since she'd eaten or even drank anything. For the most part, she didn't complain but who knew. It would be rude not to ask.

Peyote stepped up on the porch, pushing the door open. He motioned for her to go ahead first and when she did, he would follow. His home wasn't much, just the necessities as well as a few plants placed here and there.

"It's not much but it's better than running the streets," he mused out loud, pulling the door shut behind him.

---- [ x ] ----

It wasn't much and the conversation seemed to quiet again. There was no point in asking why he had done it. Kalila already knew why. This was just who he was. He protected those who were too weak to protect themselves. Of course, she didn't bring that up out loud.

She she quieted, uncertain of what she could say on the topic. It seemed like a pretty blunt statement as it was and she was too tired to worry about it. There was already too much to fret over as it was.

"Truth be told," she finally said, though left it at that.

There wasn't much else to say. Her mind was a whirl of things and didn't quite focus on any topics in particular. Things she could ask just seemed to personal in her opinion, so she didn't bring them up.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 3:29 pm

"Ah, maybe a little of column A and a little of column B," she answered perhaps unhelpfully. The heat didn't bother her too much other than making her thirsty. Scrawny as she was, it was preferable to be in a warmer place anyways.

It wasn't but a minute or so later did he step onto a porch, unlocking the door and allowing her inside first. Rekka spared a brief smile in thanks before crossing the threshold and glancing around. There wasn't too much to take in, honestly. For all intents and purposes he didn't seem like the type who enjoyed clutter, if the few things he owned aside from furniture was an indication.

She heard the door click shut behind her and Peyote's heavy footsteps though she hardly paid that any mind. Instead she strode to one of the nearest plants, a small little cactus with a vibrant pink blossom, and peered at it rather fondly. It reminded her of the type her grandmother had kept along a windowsill when she was small. It seemed Peyote quite liked his namesake as well with how many there were scattered about just in this first room.

"Hey, to each their own," she answered lightly.

----[x]----

Mohammed spared her another glance, somewhat worried about her demeanor. If it did not pick up soon he worried that depression might kick in. Even the strongest had their bouts of it but he had no idea how Kalila might react within such situations. He would keep an eye on that as time passed. Mohammed would hate to see her do something reckless in such a state.

He turned then, glancing down the dusty hallway they traversed. All sots of hushed voices reached him from the odd rooms they passed. Everyone was on edge, so used to remaining on the look out for anyone coming their way.

In a bid to change the topic, Mohammed said "I apologize for the state of this place. We simply have to make due with what we can."

Perhaps pointing that out didn't help matters, but he was at a loss for what to say. Still, it was better than nothing, or so he thought. Perhaps Kalila might have other matters on her mind and he'd merely ruined her train of thought.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:55 pm

She spared a small smile, which seemed like the first one that she had really given him since they'd met. Her face would look rather nice if she smiled more often. Then again, who was he to make judgement? A lot of people just thought he was creepy looking.

He watched as she seemed to take particular interest in one of the cactus's he had sitting on the windowsill. He left her too it as he moved toward the fridge. Maybe she was thirsty at this point...

"Everyone has a hobby," he noted, a bit of a bump in his tone, "I don't look like someone who would be into plants though."

Peyote only had a few and the plants were among his oddest, not that anyone really complained or pointed that fact out. He wouldn't have cared otherwise if they did. That wasn't much of their business.

"You thirsty or hungry or anything?" Peyote decided to ask, "Been wanderin' around for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if you were."

---- [ x ] ----

The silence came again, or as silent as she could call it. In truth, there were voices but they were hushed and she couldn't understand the language. Maybe in time she'd be able to pick up on some words but she figured that wouldn't happen anytime soon.

She blinked, pulled out of her thoughts then when Mohammed spoke again. He apologized for the state this place was in. That really wasn't his fault though, sad as this place was. In turn, she offered a small shrug.

"That's not your fault," she answered, "and not in your power to change it."

Knowing that was a little saddening. Kalila had always been the sympathetic type, easily being able to relate to anyone. In that, she might have gotten attached to people very quickly, especially their situations.

"I'm just glad I'm not dead," she pointed out, "In hindsight, there's that to be thankful for."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm

For a moment his footsteps had halted and Rekka was sure she felt his gaze on her before he'd moved, crossing the room into the next. It looked like the kitchen, if her passing glance had been enough to say. She thought she'd seen a sink and an oven, at any rate. For the most part, Rekka continued to examine each of the little cacti along the sill of the window, curious as to what kind they were.

From her side the fox spirit spoke.
"Just like the kind your grandmother had, correct?"

Rekka blinked, tearing her gaze from the plants to the fox. The look on the spirit's face didn't give her much information. "How...?" This was the first she'd ever met this spirit, just today. There was no way that she should know that sort of thing!

Peyote called from the kitchen, perhaps ignorant of the brief bit of confusion on Rekka's part. She straightened, turning her attention more fully to him instead. Her questions to the fox could come later, when he was not around to overhear. Explaining it all would be too hard, too headache-inducing, of that Rekka was sure of.

"Ah? I wouldn't mind a bite to eat... and maybe any kind of pop, if you have any." Did he even drink pop? Rekka wasn't sure. A moment later she realized that term might not be well used 'round these parts. Wasn't 'pop' used more in the northern states? "Er... or soda? Which do you guys use down here? Soda or pop?"

----[x]----

He nodded along with her words, glad to hear that she understood the situation at least. Some might have taken to complaining anyways. Doing so didn't do anyone any good. He shook that thought away, there was no reason to be thinking that now. Perhaps it was merely the situation driving it to his mind, given the lack of a proper conversation just yet.

"Perhaps," he agreed instead. "All the same, it gets to some after awhile."

He was not blind to that. Many here were tired and merely wanted to rest. All of this fighting seemed senseless at times but Mohammed couldn't very well let them give up nor could he lay down his weapons. With Djinn at his side, he was their best shot most days anyways...

Mohammed was glad at the slight change in topic, allowing a smile smile to grace his lips. It made it easier for him to indulge in the conversation a little more given his current thoughts. There was just far too much to dwell upon most days.

"Yes, that's true. Perhaps it was luck, or perhaps it was meant to happen this way," he reasoned further.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 am

It took her a few minutes to reply. In fact, he could hear her speak to her spirit briefly. The exchange wasn't long but the tone of her voice showed clear surprise. He hummed briefly, leaving it be for now. Rekka could be rather confused here, after all. Maybe he'd ask about it later.

Eventually her voice quieted and she spoke to him again. The request was simple and manageable. It was a little funny she focused on such a small detail though. Was that normal in the States?

"It bubbles, that's all that matters," he joked in response, "That something American's do? People from the states are so strange."

Regardless, he grabbed a bottle and placed it on the counter for her. He could fix something to eat for the both of them quick. Truth be told, he wasn't even sure when the last time she ate was. Most drifters didn't eat often, as far as he knew.

With that in mind, he tugged a few things out of the fridge and let the door swing closed. He'd let her get acquainted with the place while he fixed something up.

---- [ x ] ----

Kalila could imagine that it would. The war would be enough to dread. Having to be stuck in this place or any other could wear on a person. Likewise, just knowing that they had no power to change it would wear someone down. She could understand that.

"That's not surprising," she responded, "I can imagine depression runs rampant in people around here."

Kalila didn't quite want to admit that it ran through her too. Anxiety and depression went hand in hand most days. Even being on a momentary high could eventually run into a low. She'd deal with a lot of that in the past. The medication at least helped but here...she wouldn't have that forever.

She glanced back up at him as he spared a small smile. Kalila tried to give her own though even then, it felt a little strained. It felt natural that it would be...

"I'll be the first to admit that the world is full of surprises," she finally answered, glancing back at the bear who stuck so close, "More so than I would have admitted yesterday."

The large bear merely snorted in response, though whether that was out of amusement or otherwise, she couldn't quite say.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 am

He was already joking about the focus on something so simple though when Rekka entered the kitchen he was already tugging something out for her. She scoffed in amusement. Maybe it was a stupid thing to focus on. Rekka offered a shrug in reply as she strode forward, reaching for the bottle of pop.

"You're talkin' about a country that has like five different accents depending on where someone's born at," she pointed out. "'Course we do!"

She paused after she'd removed the cap, hearing the satisfying sound of the carbonation. Medication... She hadn't taken that today, had she? How long had she been out between finding that strange animal and waking up in Mexico? After a moment of debate Rekka removed a strap of her bag, fishing around for the package of pills just in case. This first week was going to be hell, getting adjusted to all this weirdness. She hoped after that it'd be easier, if only because there'd only be a week's worth of pills left after that.

Peyote was already fixing something up, though Rekka wasn't sure what. Instead she chose to focus on popping out an anti-depressant before stuffing the package back in its pocket again. She'd rather not let it be focused on just what she'd dug out. In the time she'd been at in her world, people still looked unfavorably upon taking pills for mental disorders more times than not, after all...

Only once she'd taken several large drinks of her pop to wash down the pill and to quench her thirst would she speak up. "I take it you live here alone then?"

----[x]----

He nodded once more to her assessment. Who wouldn't? Even he had his moments of dwelling on things he shouldn't. It was difficult not to at some point. For the most part Mohammed had been good at bouncing back, at remembering why he fought.

"More so than many would want to admit to," he agreed.

A beat or so of silence passed between them before Mohammed had deigned to break it once more. It seemed like the best thing to do for the time being, to avoid Kalila falling into thoughts that might otherwise push her to depression or panicking. The calmer she was the better, he rationalized. Still, he couldn't say how well she might ordinarily deal with troubles that came her way.

He caught the way that she glanced back at the bear following them. Sometimes, when he thought about it, Mohammed found it strange that there was a layer of the world that so many could not see in this day and age. Now was no different. Who could imagine a bear just lumbering down these dusty halls? Yet here he was, invisible to all but those with the talent and sense to see him.

"Is that so?" Mohammed prodded. "You must have quite the story to tell."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 am

Peyote snorted in good humor. She wasn't wrong, at least from what he had seen and much less, heard about the country. Peyote had never experienced that culture himself, there was never a need to. Maybe he'd missed out on a thing or two.

"Sounds like one hell of a confusing place," he replied, "not to say this place can't be as well."

For her, she'd probably need to take a lot of time to understand the people and the culture. There was enough of it to make her head spin. Peyote would do his best to explain things if she did stick around.

He raised his head, glancing over his shoulder as he heard a rustle and then the sound of pills in a bottle. Was that a prescription or something else? He figured it wasn't best to ask now, that was her business.

"You'd be correct, chica," he finally answered her question, focusing on that instead, "Once in a while, a few of my amigo's come and go but other than that, I'm here alone or at the bar. I'm pretty content this way. What about yourself? Before you left home, did you have plans?"

---- [ x ] ----

She caught his nod in agreement before he spoke. To be completely honest, she knew what the depression felt like, how bad those thoughts could get. It might be worse here though, she was afraid to even think about it. The last time was under normal conditions but she slept for so long that even her mother was checking on her frequently.

"I got the short end of the stick on that one," she admitted, glancing elsewhere briefly, "Depression running in the family, irrational as it is, I get to deal with it on a regular basis for no other reason other than a chemical imbalance in the brain."

Knowing that she had no real control over it was what really brought her down. It was medicine or the support of others and having some high hopes that things would get better. Even that was hard sometimes, when the negative was so easy to focus on.

She blinked, her attention turning back to him. A story? No, nothing like that. Kalila had so little going for her and there wasn't anything particularly exciting in her life.

"Me? No, not really," she replied with a shrug, "My life was pretty normal, or as normal as my family could allow, at least my mom. We split from my step-father after he started a lot of mental abuse and I've been working ever since, or was...until I woke up here. The idea of spirit animals or totems or seeing...ghost was all just possibility that I thought only a few gifted people could grasp."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:51 am

"It could be," she agreed, letting that topic drop there. It wasn't like she'd actually seen enough of Mexico to agree with Peyote on his maybe anyways. Hell, it might even be that way for her only because she was not native here.

Fussing to get that pill out wasn't entirely quiet and Rekka was surprised that Peyote didn't ask about it. Wasn't Mexico pretty bad about drugs? At least, it had been back in her world, in her time. She didn't allow herself to think much on that just now, instead distracting herself with asking more about Peyote. Once again, he didn't seem to mind, answering rather easily.

Her gaze had wandered around the sparse kitchen as he'd answered, nodding at his words. He seemed to be rather busy with whatever food he was making, his attention focused on that though he spoke to her. It wasn't until he fired the question back at her did Rekka blink at the back of his head for a moment.

"Ah? I'd been trying to get an apprenticeship for tattooing and working. That's really about it," she answered.

She shook her head, not at all very fond of her memories of factory work. But what else had there been? It had at least paid decently and kept her going.

----[x]----

Mohammed wasn't sure what he expected of Kalila anymore. She seemed more apt to lapse into silence before but now she was being quite talkative. Had she opened up some then? Mohammed could only think that was the explanation, why else would this change occur? Still, despite his curiosity, Mohammed didn't mind the suddenness of it.

"I see... I can't imagine that is easy to deal with on a good day," he mused. Now that she was here, in this situation, of course she would have acted as she had earlier. At least her thought processes made more sense to Mohammed.

Her bear spirit seemed content in being quite silent for the time being. Why that was Mohammed could not guess. Perhaps the bear merely wished for Kalila to solve things on her own. The bear had mentioned being more a guide, hadn't it? If that was the case then perhaps now had been the prime time for him to show himself to Kalila for the first time.

The thoughts, yet again, were pushed aside. Kalila had answered, declaring her life quite a dull one. Mohammed had only the time to raise an eyebrow before she'd elaborated, beating him to saying anything further. He listened intently, amazed at just how mundane it sounded compared to his hectic one. It was not the first time he'd thought such things when he dwelled on how others in faraway countries must live.

"You say as such but many might have enjoyed your life," he pointed out simply. It was not intended to offend, merely to argue that it was a story some might have enjoyed nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 am

She didn't bring up the topic of the pills and he left it at that. Really, there was no need to bring it up if she didn't talk about it herself first. Peyote was no stranger to the world of what drugs could do. That was also a topic that he left be for the time being.

He blinked, turning his attention toward her once again. It sounded like she was quite the talented one if she was looking to do something like that. Given that what little he could see of her skin, she quite liked the idea of tattoos anyways.

"Well, you sound like you've got quite a few skills stashed away," he pointed out, "Working doesn't sound particularly exciting though."

Why would it be? If it wasn't something one enjoyed, those things just tended to be a job - a necessity to get through life. He was simply lucky that he was particularly talented in what he did.

Pushing the thought from his mind, he finished up the simple dish and walked over to her, placing it on the counter before he spoke again, "It isn't much. Cooking for others was never a strong point, chica, so forgive me for that much."

---- [ x ] ----

She was rambling, such was a talent that she wished she could subdue. Already anxious, she wondered if she said the wrong thing. Maybe not or maybe she did. For all she knew, he could have thought of her as weird. The cycle never stopped even if she wanted it too.

Kalila tried to shake it from her mind. She figured he'd have an idea of what made her such a handful in the future and that was that. The thought of him thinking of her as an oddity would disappear with time...or it wouldn't. Kalila wasn't quite sure.

His response was simple and probably true. For her, life was rather mundane back in the states but for these people it was probably paradise, something ideal. To know that was a little sad.

"For peace, yea, I could believe that," she replied easily, "I wish more people could live normally but it's not like some in my country want to allow that."

It was funny to know that she wanted to leave her country all her life. Now that she had, she was on the other end of the spectrum. It was rather ironic, in her view, but she didn't voice that for the moment.

"America isn't all that it's cracked up to be anyways," she finally said, "The majority of people are terrible, stick to radical stereotypes, and god forbid you think differently than the norm."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 5:54 am

While she waited for Peyote to finish the small meal, Rekka turned to remove her bag, setting it on one of the kitchen chairs. There wasn't much use keeping it so entirely close at the moment and it was fairly heavy. Carrying so many art supplies made it so, surprising some who picked it up. It was a relief to put it down after so long now today.

Rekka smiled briefly again at his observation though he wouldn't see it. Even when she'd turned back to him he was still working on the food he'd drug out of the fridge.

"Aha, maybe," she agreed noncommittally. "And isn't most work though?"

The topic was pushed aside, perhaps only for the time being, as Peyote revealed the small meal. As he claimed, it was a simple dish, though it didn't look unappetizing. Despite the simplicity of it, Rekka was grateful for it, moving to actual sink her teeth into the food. Yet again she wondered just how long she'd been out before waking up in this world and country.

She waved a dismissive hand at his comment. "Lucky for you, I'm not too picky then. Besides, some simple meals are actually my favorites."

----[x]----

For the most part, Kalila seemed to understand his point. Perhaps it was something she'd thought of before, or maybe it was more akin to common sense. Either way Mohammed was grateful that she was able to see their side of things. It might even help now that she had faces to place to the situation at hand.

"I suppose it is the same for any place," he agreed. There were some, he knew, that enjoyed chaos and would rather die than to see it end. Mohammed hated to say that some even fought on their side as well...

Kalila was chiming in again, mentioning more of what she'd experienced on her half of the world. He merely shook his head and shrugged initially. Was there ever really an ideal place in this world? Mohammed couldn't be so sure, not with all he'd seen and heard in his life already. It seemed too dreamlike for that to be true.

"Perhaps, though every country as its share, I suppose." A pause followed. "Hmm, perhaps this isn't the time for such a topic, however. You have just woken up here and are still gathering your bearings."

It was certainly true enough. Mohammed couldn't even be sure if speaking on such matters was doing her any good or not. For all he knew it only worsened her mood and morale overall.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Rekka was right in that statement. Whatever job she had done didn't sound as if she particularly cared to mention it. It seemed like what she aspired to be was more important. Well, before she decided to leave home, that was.

"Most jobs aren't, ay," he answered, "The lucky few end up doing something they like."

He pulled a set around, sitting down a moment after. Getting off his feet once in a while seemed like a blessing. Between the bar and the band, much less dealing with a spirit or two, it felt like he didn't get a break often.

At least she was contented with what he'd given her. It wasn't much, as he had said, but it sounded like she wasn't one to complain often either.

"Ah, well this is good to know," he replied, leaning back easily, "Some women, far too fussy. Then again, I've met some men who were much the same. Simple is best, no?"

This was something Peyote had lived by. He didn't care for fuss or the hassle of dealing with little things. If he could keep everything simple and easy to deal with, he would have. In that, there was far too much of a feat, however.

---- [ x ] ----

He had a point. In most places, it inevitably wasn't how things were run or who was on top. It was just people. At least, that was her view point. They were all incredibly flawed. She was too, so was he. Yet who was she to preach in the end?

She heaved a sigh briefly and nodded. Her nerves were too shot and the senseless rambling probably wouldn't end until she was alone. Kalila still had her troubles. Trying to find a way to cope would be difficult.

"You've yet to reign in your nervous ramblings," Mato commented off hand, startling her a little. He'd been so silent that she'd briefly forgotten he was there.

Kalila glanced over her shoulder, her eyebrow raised a little. Was he teasing her? That sounded a lot like teasing, maybe to ease the tension.

"Quiet, you jerk," she shot back. Despite this, there was a bit of humor in her tone.

Her insecurities were pretty prevalent but Mato hadn't meant his comment in a way to drag her down. In fact it was bit appreciated. If she'd been in this alone, Kalila knew she wouldn't be nearly as well off or handling everything favorably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|   |SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|SK| The Road Untraveled |1-on-1 RP|
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next