AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Goodbye Midnight challenge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moonprincess
TK Baha
TK Baha
moonprincess

PokéPartner : Goodbye Midnight challenge Rapidash_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a494r

Goodbye Midnight challenge Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye Midnight challenge   Goodbye Midnight challenge Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 pm

The garden would be beautiful at this time of day. The flowers and leaves on the trees would sway in a soft wind as the welcoming breeze moved through Lordearon. For Ashaani, it was a hard place to be as she remembered it as it once was. Placing a hand on the ruins of a once glorious and beautiful fountain, she closed her eyes. 

" I have to say goodbye to you now, don't worry, you will be fine without me. I promise."
The prince kissed her forehead softly and smiled as she kept her eyes to the ground. "Please don't forget about me Arthas..."Ashaani looked up at him with a forced smile. She knew how long it would take to get to Northrend. Arthas took her hands in his and sat down on the fountain, pulling her closer to him. "Remember the day we meet? Do you remember what we decided? Remember what we told Uther..." He asked her as a smile stretched on his face. She relaxed a bit and finally gave him the smile he was looking for. 

"Arthas, we were children..."
"We decided then and there we would always be together." Arthas covered her hand. "When I get back we will be together again." Arthas stood and kissed her before wiping away a tear. 

Ashaani opened her eyes to the ruins of Lordearon. How could this have happened. Many things have happened since the Lich King resurrected her as a death knight. She was nothing more than a pawn created by a monster. She knelled  at the fountain's steps, offering a lament to Arthas. "You are still a solider in my eyes. Whatever you are now I need you to come back. I need you to make it all better..."

Ashaani stood and gave a deep sigh. "Why did you come here?" She asked. She didn't need to turn around and look to know who was standing with her. Varian stood still as he waited for her to turn to face him. "Why did you leave?" He watched the woman for a moment before she spoke. "Don't patronize me, you know damn well why I left." 

Varian sighed and walked closer to her. "Look, I know you didn't get the best welcome to Stormwind, but it doesn't mean things won't get better with time..."
Ashaani ignored his words. No one could understand what people like her have been through. "Thank you Varian...." She said frustrated. He gave her a blank stare as she turned to face him. "For what?" He asked curiously."For everything...It's your fault you know. It's your fault this happened!" Tears began to fall down her face. 

The king of Stormwind struggled for a moment to understand what she was talking about. Nothing was making sense. Maybe she just needed to let out her emotions, maybe this was her way of dealing with the loss of someone she loved. Either way he offered her a welcoming embrace.  "Ashaani, calm down, it's all going to be ok." 
She broke away from him harshly, half pushing him away.

"You weren't there Varian! You didn't see how he suffered. How I suffered. You may have lost your wife but at least you didn't watch as her soul was ripped away from her. I watched as every part of Arthas' mind was poisoned by that blade. Every day he grew distant and cold. Everyday I knew something was wrong, and I did nothing!" Ashaani's tears were crashing on the ground as she fell to the ground. Her words were marked with pain and sorrow.

Finally she sat still as she wiped her tears away. "I stood by, not knowing what he would become and now look at me." Her tone was replaced with disgust and slowly she lifted her head to the King before her. "I kept waiting for you Varian...to come back to Lordearon. That day I saw you there at the docks. I heard you say you loved me...I didn't know what to do...Arthas would have been heartbroken...I was promised to him.."

Varian sat down with the woman and took her hands. "I have to tell you something. Something that I wish I told you a long time ago." Ashaani looked away for a moment and closed her eyes. "Varian, when I close my eyes, all I see is him. All of the things he's done, the thing's I've done. My will was not my own. I was bound by his will and his alone. What he wanted done, I was too weak to fight against. I see the faces of the people I killed. The people he commanded me to kill." 

Varian pulled her chin up as she kept her eyes closed. "What do you see when you open your eyes?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes and looked into his before a small smile finally made its way on her lips. "When I open my eyes I see you..." Varian smiled and wiped a tear from her face.

"You are not alone. Death Knights will be welcomed in the Alliance. You have broken from the Lich King's will, and I will bestow upon you a clean slate. To start fresh..." Varian stood with her and took her hands in his once more. "I want you to start over with me..." Ashaani smiled and shook her head. 
Back to top Go down

Goodbye Midnight challenge
Page 1 of 1