AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Grenin10

BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:41 pm

That seemed to settle things a little. She wasn't angry or anything. It honestly took quite a bit to ruffle her anyways. Even so, Hazama seemed intent on dismissing Anna for a time. Charity wondered if she'd see her around, or rather, hear of her.

It was only after she left did he step toward her. She felt him sit down beside her, the question simple. Even so, the irony of the answer would not be wasted here.

"I read books," she answered easily, "Wrote things, too. Lot of what I did required my sight."

With that thought in mind, she reached up, tugging her glasses from her face. They were more or less useless now, so she closed them and held them gentle in her hand. She toyed with the idea of growing her bangs out to cover her clouded eyes.

"Suppose I can take some time and re-learn how to read through braille. I've had some prior experience from where I worked. It'd certainly take up some of my time. Can't be hounding you all day. Sounds like you're a pretty important guy."

---- (x) ----

She was reaching over for that bag, looking like she was struggling a bit with it. He would have fished whatever she needed out of there if she asked, but with a little effort, she eventually retrieved a binder of some sorts.

As she did so, she spoke of some of her skills, though Ragna could only really assume. He'd never been the artsy type so the words were a little wasted on him.

Regardless of that, he took the offered binder. If she wanted him to take a look, who was he to say 'no'. Ragna was a little curious anyways. Mind as well see what she did.

"Popular, huh?" he answered after a moment.

He started flipping through the pages, trying to take in details. Honestly, it was difficult for him to even comprehend drawing things like this. He could probably manage a shaky stick figure at best.

"Guess I'm too quick to judge. Shit, I can draw a stick figure at best," he commented absentmindedly, "And you put this shit on people's bodies? Couldn't even imagine."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:09 am

Books and writing... Well that would traditionally be a problem, all things considered, though if Charity had the motivation to there were options for her still. It may, of course still take time for it all to click for her but at least he wouldn't lose something that kept her occupied and content. For now, all he could do was offer it.

At least, he would have, had Charity not being him to the punch. Hazama scoffed at that, readjusting his hat as he did. "Why, yes, the library should have stores of braille, if need be. Of course, I suppose learning might first be in order."

Hazama was glad that she held no illusions of it being an easy process. If he had time maybe he'd learn alongside her though he was a very busy person, especially when Mr. Ragna the Bloodedge was causing problems for him. He felt no need to inform Charity of that now, though maybe in time. Who knew what the troublemaker might target to make things difficult for him.

"I am sure if you need the help that girl... Anna... might well be fond of helping."

----[x]----

Nell wouldn't have been surprised if Ragna didn't want to peek through the binder though the offer was there and he'd taken it nonetheless. If things were different Nell might have been a little eager to hear what he said. She kind of already missed that, even if his observation wasn't very elaborate or flattering. It still was a positive one though, and that mattered to her.

"Yes. Used to be for rougher, seedier folk most people thought. Technically untrue, lots of cultures used it to denote warriors and their exploits, or to make their daughters prettier," Nell informed. Again, probably a wasted endeavor as Ragna wasn't the artistic sort. "But then, you know how it is, I'm sure. A group gets it in their head that it's 'bad' and there's a time where it needs to be sorted all out again."

She busied herself by tucking her hair behind her ear, a habit she took to when she wasn't doing anything else. It might have been a nervous one before the curse but now it was simply a familiar motion.

"Other people's and my own," she affirmed. She didn't mention that she'd come a long way since she could first pick up a pencil.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Charity toyed with the glasses in hand, giving something for her hands to do for the time being. Old habits died hard these days, even when she couldn't see. Still, it all felt a little odd.

"Of course. Can't pretend it won't take time," she answered easily.

If anything, that would fill up the time she had. She couldn't work anymore, at least not in ways that she could think of. Spare time could be dedicated to what? Every other thing she thought of required her sight. This was going to take a terrible amount of time to adjust...

She blinked, sightless gaze lifting a tad when he mentioned someone helping. Anna would be a good person to call upon, surely, and she seemed like a nice girl. Perhaps that would work out.

"Ah, that's a good idea. If it's not out of her way or a bother, that would be great."

---- (x) ----

Her words were simple enough, or at least the explanation of it all was. This was something he'd never quite been interested in but she seemed to know a lot about. Everyone had a passion, didn't they? Hers was just a lot different than his was.

"Riiight...People do things like that," he answered.

He couldn't imagine putting ink on anyone just to fancy them up but she still had her point. Most people thought of it as a bad thing these days. Those who were into that kind of thing normally made sure to cover just about ever bit of their body if they had the skin for it.

"So you've obviously got a shit ton of them. What got you into this kind of thing?" he asked, still flipping through the pages. Some of them, oddly enough, contained some rather cartoony looking images...

"Wait, you do it to yourself too? Doesn't that shit hurt?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 5:57 pm

She was fussing with her glasses, twisting them this way and that in her hands, or merely tapping a finger along the frame. Perhaps a nervous habit? Hazama would find out in time the more he learned of her habits and personality. For now he filed away the little observation for later.

A quiet hum left him as he tapped a finger alone the couch. In truth, everything took time so announcing it seemed rather pointless to Hazama. But then, as someone with an agenda in mind he might have been rather sensitive to the subject. As such he said nothing further on that front, to merely lit it slide by. There were far more important matters to speak and think of.

It was a chuckle that would be his initial answer to Charity's following statement. It was almost cute how Charity thought that newbie NOL member had a choice if Hazama sought her out. No, if Hazama wanted something done it would get done and with the people he'd slotted for it to happen with. Any changes of plans were annoying and typically not things he enjoyed dealing with unless it meant a boon for him in some way.

"Yes, well, I am quite certain she would be more than eager for the task," he noted instead.

----[x]----

Nell blinked and if she could feel she would have felt irritated at Ragna's comment. Of course they did, why else would it have existed for so long? Sure, shadier people had popularized it again after so long but that didn't simply erase the history of what tattooing was and is. As it stood she merely stared for a moment and wondered if she should take her binder back.

If her silence and stare unsettled him then Nell figured that was good enough retribution, of a sort anyways. She wasn't typically the entirely aggressive type anyways, usually griping about things later or venting via artwork or video games.

She pushed her glasses back up her nose before Nell would answer his questions, however. "It's art. I've always been decent at art. One could argue it's the only thing I'm decent at." At Ragna's realization, she mimicked a huff and another look--one that no doubt lacked actual force behind it. "It's a needle poking into your skin several dozens of times a minute, of course it hurts. It's good stress relief therapy."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:31 am

She is quiet, lifting her head slightly as he chuckled. Something was funny? Charity didn't pretend to know what possibly be funny but maybe it was something she'd said. Who was she to guess. This man, she knew, had so many alternative motives. Maybe that's why he bothered to help her in the first place.

Charity would think that through for a moment. She had no doubts that if she asked, the answer she would receive might be a lie but she found herself curious.

"Serious question," she started, after pausing toying with her glasses once more, "Why did you help me? Why keep it up now?"

There was no goodness out of his heart, at least Charity didn't believe so. If she had to guess, it all might have interested him solely because of the witches involvement. She wondered how deeply that would go...

"Well, eager or not any help would be appreciated," she finally decided to address, toying with her glasses once again, "though I hope it won't end up be too boring for her."

---- (x) ----

There was suddenly a heavy silence over, the only thing breaking it being the crackle of the fire. Jubei still hadn't returned to ease any of the sudden awkwardness in the air. Just his luck. He'd never been particularly good at this kind of thing anyways...

He lifted his head, staring back at her as she stared at him. There wasn't annoyance on her face just...Something blank. Even so, he felt like there should be annoyance there.

A quick, snappish like answer was all he received after that. Yea, he'd done something wrong. Ragna didn't get women, why did they all have to react this way? Or maybe he was the one who fucked up.

"Whoa, wait, why are you so angry?" he asked then, annoyance in his tone, "And who ever said it's the only thing you're good at? I sure as hell didn't!"

Probably the wrong approach but he was at least honest. Or as honest as he could manage to be. Most of the time it all came out clumsy, messing things up far too easily. He'd rather not deal with it all if he didn't have to.

"That makes you sound like a sadist, you know," he commented with a huff. Finally, he closed the binder and handed it back to her, whether she wanted it back or not.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:50 am

He saw the confusion there though dismissed it. If she wasn't going to speak up about it then he would leave it lie for the time. There was no need to, it would only take up time that could be used for more important things. No, no, no, he couldn't allow time wasting like that. Too frustrating!

Even so, she was asking him something new. It should be no surprise that it came, he didn't exactly scream the 'helpful' and 'kindly' sort. Without her sight she might well have picked up on that easier without the outward facade he displayed so very easily. He adjusted his hate before he would answer.

"Oh, dear me, am I just that easy to see through?" he joked. "It's not every day a witch merely banishes and curses someone like this! Why, I would simple be remiss to avoid the chance to see the reasons why that might be!"

Not necessarily the truth but close enough that she would be unable to tell if he hadn't been anyways. No, Hazama was too good at this game for him to be that easily found out, much less by a newcomer. If she picked up on it as time went on he would worry about it then but with her being so reliant on him without her sight, well... he had a feeling she wouldn't be so quick to lash out at him in the future.

"No need to worry about her now, she'd be more than willing to hop to it!"

----[x]----

Before, she would have glanced away when Ragna met her stare, far too passive and timid to be overly aggressive unless she'd been pushed far too much. She briefly wondered where Jubei had gone while they stared each other down. Perhaps Ragna was attempting to figure out why he'd gotten such a stony response as she did. Still, was he checking for danger, hunting, or something else entirely? Nell couldn't begin to guess.

Another blink acted as precursor to her answer, the only actual physical response that wasn't forced in replication to anything. "I don't feel anger. I don't feel anything since waking here," she elaborated. Had he equated that earlier as only to the sensation of touch? "And I did. You asked why I got into it. I told you why."

The truth was really that simple though maybe it was harder to see that when Ragna still though she could actively feel anything. Quietly, she took the binder, moving to stuff it away before she'd speak at all again. Perhaps Jubei was on his way. She hoped so. Listening to he and Ragna banter was easier than this.

"A sadist? I don't enjoy causing the pain, I enjoy leaving people art that displays who they are or what they've been through. The pain merely is a way to cope for some," she explained. It was easier, not feeling anything, lest she might never have put it into words like this to anyone, even to Charity. "It's akin to those who taking to cutting to alleviate their stress, tattooing is merely more productive and less harmful."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:04 pm

His answer was what she expected, or something like it. The bump in his tone was not missed. He was well spoken, said what one wanted to hear. Well, at least she had guessed right on that front. She would be cooperative it meant avoiding a knife in her back.

"I had figured as much," she answered, a smile on her lips, "Well, I won't argue over it. Honestly, if there's some reason to unravel this and restore my sight, that would be great."

There would be the trouble of remembering what the witch had even said as well as finding her. Maybe she was far away at this point. If she could send others to different worlds, then it was possible she was here too.

He mentioned Anna once more simply taking up the task. It would probably be an order, wouldn't it? Charity didn't say anything about it and had to bite back a comment about worrying over everything. Best let him figure that out himself.

"If you're sure!" Charity would answer, pausing for only a brief moment. There was something she'd nearly forgotten, "Oh...While I was using your bath, something curious happened. You asked me to tell you if anything came up so...For a moment, I could see. But, it was like seeing through someone elses eyes and I'm almost certain it was Nell's. I recognized some of her tattoos. think she's here, somewhere."

---- (x) ----

She said she didn't feel anger but Ragna wasn't so sure. Maybe it was an underlining tone that made him think that. She certainly sounded annoyed. Then again, didn't she sound this way the entire time? It was hard to really say...

"Really cause you sound really fucking irritated right now," he commented instead, "Or is this monotoned thing going to be something I have to get used to?"

He sat back, waiting on answer. He was a tad annoyed himself but all things considered, she couldn't feel. It was strange that it as physical and emotional. That would make things all the more difficult. At least most people could emote...

He blinked, a scoff leaving him when she spoke again. That was a bleak outlook or he just didn't get it. People like this, it was difficult for him to wrap his head around. He tried to brush it off for the time being.

"Deep," he finally answered easily, "I'm not gonna pretend to get it. But if that's what you live by, who am I to say anything?"

The thought was quite depressing. He guessed maybe that would be the case if she couldn't quite feel. Maybe she knew that kind of thing beforehand was well. Ragna didn't ask. That seemed to be in territory that wasn't his business.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Ah, good, someone easy to deal with... mostly. He wasn't going to forget the allergy flareup anytime soon and may even hold it against her at some point. For now he'd push it aside. ... For now. Best not do anything to drive this little mystery away, after all.

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we," he stated, perhaps goading her a little. It was in his very nature to do so after all.

He merely offered a shrug she wouldn't see at her next statement. It wouldn't be until Charity carried on that his attention was more fully on her, brow furrowing briefly. A return of sight... But not her own... Yes, quite curious. Hazama couldn't say he knew everything about witches and magic but he knew plenty and this was news to him. Was it to do with the curse covering two people at once rather than just the one?

Without initial question, he reached out to grasp Charity's chin and turn her face more fully towards him, to study her eyes. They were clouded, of course, but otherwise he saw nothing telling about this blindness. For all intents and purposes one could have just guessed that she had always been blind.

"My, my, what a curious little development," he murmured.

----[x]----

"Funny, here I thought I was rather monotonous in sound right now. What people do you know that go with a monotone when they get angry?" It might have been a point, or it may have been curiosity on some level. In truth, even Nell didn't know which it really was.

When next Ragna spoke it didn't much help matters, not really. Even so Nell attempted to keep the knee-jerk reactions to a bare minimum. If he was going to go about getting offended at every little thing she might as well. Even so, misinformation bothered her before now, she wasn't about to let it slide now.

"Not really, psychology," she corrected. Already she was reaching for and tugging out a sketchbook and pencil. Might as well busy herself at this rate. "But if you're going to keep scoffing and snorting like that whenever I explain the process behind what you're asking about then don't ask me anything more."

And with that she'd opened the book up and took to sketching nothing in particular. Perhaps it'd take the form of the fire in front of her or of some cartoon cretin. It really depended on what shapes were made to begin with, she reasoned, without inspiration to guide it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

A short snort left her as he prodded her a bit. Yes, it would be a lot of waiting but what more could be done? At the moment, there were no leads other than 'the witch had done it'. What ever else she could recall would come with time.

There was a short moment of silence and she wondered in that moment what was going through his mind when she spoke. It certainly was a curious thing, after all. She felt him shift, just a little, before his fingers would grab hold of her chin, moving her head a little. Was she looking at him now?

Awkwardness was quick to take hold. He mused something or other but for that moment, all she was aware of was a faint warmth on her cheeks. This was uncomfortable. She'd have to figure out a way around that...

"You have beautiful eyes," she joked instead, trying to push her own emotions away. Of course, she couldn't see them and even if she could, his were often closed, weren't they?

"Curious as it was, it only lasted a few seconds, so it wasn't much. Seemed like the moment I blinked, it'd all gone black again. She, Nell, I think she was with someone too," she finally continued, a little less jest in her tone.

---- (x) ----

There it was, that monotone once again. She couldn't help it. It was difficult to keep reminding himself that. In some odd way, that made Ragna even more impatient. He didn't normally have to tip toe around people like this. He was blunt, that's just the way he lived.

It was in this he found the most trouble. Not wanting to retaliate, he simply tried to sigh. The sound escaped him, probably sounding more annoyed than he had originally intended.

"Yea well, it's not like I spent my whole life reading books," he answered, at least trying to force a little calmer tone, "Didn't quite have that kind of opportunity."

Nothing in his life up to this point had been 'normal', so to speak. This was just another situation he could look back on and scratch his head at. Honestly, it seemed like strange things happened to him whenever he turned a corner. Maybe that was the right way of thinking on it...

She was opening something, he could make it out in the darkness. If she went on ignoring him, that was fine. Still, it didn't quite sit right on his shoulders anyways. What he felt must have mostly been stirred up by his own thoughts and feelings.

"Look, I'm sorry, alright," he barked his reply, "I'm not exactly what you'd call...'gentle' or even understanding. Not like I mean to cause a problem. Just seems like what I do anyways."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:47 pm

He wasn't ignorant to how red her face had turned nor to the way that she shuffled in her seat as he examined her eyes. Seeing nothing telling, he'd moved to let her go before she'd finally spoken. A moment passed in which Hazama resisted a roll of his eyes before he'd actually let her chin ago.

Sitting back, he would speak up. "It would seem you're only once bitten, if you're still so apt to entertain a sense of humor."

It was both a jest and an observation. It would seem that the witch's curse hadn't taken enough from her to stifle the tongue which had offended her. Interesting, if he thought about it like that. But then it wasn't too important overall for him to really dwell on it. However, that didn't mean he wouldn't tease her for the comment.

"Oh, dear, and pray tell, what makes my eyes so... beautiful, hmm?" He would allow her an answer to that before actually focusing on the newest bit of information. So her friend was somewhere and with someone else... Hazama wondered who that might be. If it was one of his enemies, well, he'd have to do his best to find her and pry her away for further study.

With both cursed victims he might have a far better chance of finding this witch, after all.

----[x]----

For a time it was quiet but for the fire's crackling and the pencil on paper. At one point Nell thought she heard Ragna heave a sigh but she did not think too much of it, nor did she glance away from the sketchbook to check. The shapes weren't much but they were taking a larger form, at least. Something out of fire? Maybe. Just letting her hand go wasn't doing much to impress but it kept her thoughts from growing rushed.

"It's not about book smarts or your questions," Nell noted simply. "It's about you scoffing at the answers I give."

And really, that was it. She had enough of it from people she knew, she didn't need it from Ragna too. There was already enough stigma and attitude to deal with trying to get her artwork out there. Now she was at square one. Even if she did make it back home who was to say she wouldn't have faded away from the public mind, nothing but her tattoos left for people to remember her by?

For a long minute more she let the silence sit. So what if he wasn't 'gentle?' That didn't excuse him scoffing at the answers she'd given him when he'd asked. It had just been rude.

"Don't undermine my craft and the history of it and we'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 pm

A snort left her at his words. She reached up, rubbing the back of her hand across her mouth as if that would subdue the blush on her cheeks. She was sure it was still there. With time, it would no doubt fade.

"My sense of humor is the biggest part of me," she answered easily, "I don't want to give that up just because some sore witch made me blind."

Maybe it would get her in trouble later down the road and she'd regret it. Who could say right now? Her humor was a means to cope and that was that. He would no doubt notice it with time, finding her more emotional than sarcastic.

She would pause with his next question, her eyebrow raised. Truth be told, she knew what his eyes looked like. They resembled amber and seemed to glow in the dark but she couldn't part with that knowledge. No, that would be dangerous here...

"Please tell me that's a rhetorical question," she instead joked with a laugh. She paused then, considering what to say next. "Though, I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing the people I'm conversing with."

It all gave her an idea of who they were, what they might do. Now she only had her gut to trust and that wasn't always correct. It was a little scary, if she was honest with herself.

---- (x) ----

The quiet had returned, though he didn't quite mind it. Ragna was used to this in his down time. He was used to being on his own. That was for the best, given the NOL was after his head. Best not part with that information, not yet at least. It wasn't like she had asked anyways.

He lifted his head a little when she did speak. His scoffing? Really, that was what was such a bother to her? It was hard to believe that to be true but he couldn't claim otherwise. He'd known this woman for less than ten hours, after all.

"I scoff a lot, it's something you'll get used to," he answered, ruffling his own hair in frustration, "I mean, if it offends you or anything, I'm sorry. I'm not the most understanding person in the world."

Well, it wasn't entirely true. He appreciated honesty and those who were straight forward with him. There were so few that were, after all. Most of his life was spent on the run. Any time he encountered that NOL, it was trouble. Then, there was that damn snake as well...

He shook the thought away. No need to worry about it now. He hadn't seen that man in a while now.

"Alright, alright. I can agree to that," he finally decided to answer. He paused, looking her over for a long moment, "How's your own holding up?...Not that you can feel it or anything."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Amusement curved his lip more, the blush on her cheeks clear through his lashes. It was rather endearing really though he kept the thought to himself. There was no need to think such thoughts so soon, after all, when all she was was a curiosity as of the moment. If nothing else she was quite interesting.

"Yes, well, let's hope it doesn't get you into hotter water, no?" he urged. Then again, if that happened, it might be just as interesting if not more so.

At her behest he merely chuckled, neither confirming nor denying whether or not it was serious. Why should he when it was funner this way? She may try to even guess! Wouldn't that be fun? What she imagined he looked like based on the personality she came to knew could be rather interesting to come to know in time...

"Oh, my, perhaps all in due time, hmm?" he prodded further, reaching out to pat her head. He couldn't help it, he hadn't the chance to tease anyone without their sight before. Hazama was definitely going to take the chance while he could.

----[x]----

She harrumphed at his answer. Scoffing was one thing, scoffing about information he'd asked for was another entirely. If he didn't understand that much then they were certainly not going to get along well at all. Nonetheless, he seemed to think it over for a minute, the crackling of the fire filling the silence. It caught her off guard, however, when he agreed.

Nell blinked, tearing her gaze away from her sketchbook to meet Ragna's instead. She'd have thought he'd just hand wave her statement away by now. It would have felt nice to be proven wrong if she could have felt it. There was only a moment to think about that before her attention drifted back to her bandaged arm. It as, in no way, professionally done but it would hold and if it didn't get infected that was what mattered most.

Experimentally, she moved her arm, just a little. She could feel the tug of the stitches beneath bandages, the tightness of them limiting movement all the more. For the best, lest she accidentally tear the former and worsen her injury.

"Dunno... Should probably eat something soon though. My hands are shaking," she noted. It made holding the pencil hard but she'd managed. No doubt when she could recover more, too much blood loss and her sugar levels still low, it'd fade.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Land herself into more hot water. With this blindness, that might happen sooner rather than later. She didn't want to quite admit to that. It was her sharp tongue that landed them in this situation, after all. What else could happen at this point?

"Well, I'm not entirely sure as to what to expect, so we'll see," she answered easily.

Should she feel this relaxed around him? Maybe it was simply her banter that allowed her to do so. She played off confident and her humor helped. Still, this man was clever and when he started seeing the cracks, he would no doubt exploit them...

Another thought for another time, however. His words rang out again, a certain smooth sounding playfulness in his tone, before his hand would fall onto her head. It was a little startling at first, unexpected but for the sound of his movements, but for the most part, she merely blinked, her sightless gaze turning to him slightly.

"You keep doing that and I might just get used to it," she joked in turn. He wouldn't know it but things like this were what she delighted in.

---- (x) ----

It didn't so much surprise him that she had dismissed his first statement. He wouldn't let it get under his skin. Too much was going on as it was. Especially with another person possibly being involved in all of this. If the NOL got to one, what was to say they wouldn't try to find another.

It was another thing he pushed into the back of his head as she tested her movement. The stitches would no doubt pull like that but it wasn't as if she'd feel it.

"Food huh?" he finally answered, ignoring the rumble in his own stomach. Where was Jubei when he needed a meal? "Well that's something I can't help with..."

There was a long pause in that moment as he stared into the fire. Didn't she say she had something earlier? It was an odd name from what he recalled. He wasn't sure if he had heard it before.

"Didn't you say you had...What was it? Combos? What even are 'Combos' anyways?"

The look he received wasn't an uncommon one. It wasn't as if Ragna spent his time getting associated with most things. Being a criminal was enough as it was. Most of these things went over his head without much thought on the matter, not that he cared.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:12 am

He chuckled again, well aware of her predicament. It would, of course, be problematic for himself as well but it would be nothing he couldn't handle. No, not after he'd put some precautions into place. Until then, however, he would merely keep her calm, learn more about her... She seemed to be taking things in stride now but Hazama had to wonder if that would hold up over time, as her new limitations wore on her.

"Yes, we'll see indeed," he jested further, at her expense.

Hazama raised a brow, eyeing her upon her comment to patting her head. Indeed, she did seem to enjoy it, even if from a stranger like himself. Odd, that... Then again maybe she was the type to merely get attached quickly. Much like so much else, he would find out in time.

"Oh, my, my," Hazama crowed cheerily. "Do tell me more!"

Charity did seem to like the conversation and the more she spoke the more he learned. At the moment he would take every scrap of information he could get.

----[x]----

She was pretty sure she heard his stomach growling at the mention of food though he made no movement about it. Indeed he hadn't anything on him but the clothes on his back and that sword. Instead it seemed like they were relying on Jubei to be finding something, if he was at all. For all they knew he could have been wandering around making sure things were safe and nothing else.

Nell blinked, glancing at Ragna as he mentioned her leftover snacks. For a second she remained unresponsive before it hit her--she had mentioned having them earlier, hadn't she? The walk here, brooding,setting up the little campsite, it must have slipped their minds. It wasn't like she'd insisted about them after all.

"Yeah, that's right," she muttered, turning back to her bag for what felt like the umpteenth time. It would take her several minutes to find the little package, a paper clip just barely holding it closed, amongst all the gear in her bag. Nonetheless she managed, holding it out to Ragna. She had promised them to him after all. "Here."

Whether or not he'd take them was the question. It wasn't like it was much, and she had said she needed food. Still, she had more suckers to munch on to tide her over if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1   BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue :: I'll Follow You :: 1-on-1
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3