AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Empty
PostSubject: Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02]   Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 am

Resident Evil:The Project K Chronicles {Leon S.Kennedy} pt.2 Outbreak

"You could’ve told me your parents would be here.” Leon muttered as you both were in another room.

*snorts* Like that's relevant to anything at the moment.

“Why should I tell you anything? It’s not like you to suddenly barge into my office.”

That tidbit about being in an office would have been some detail that would have been nice to have before this. As it stood I had just figured they were in a large room filled with work stations, not a separated office.

Leon scoffed before giving you a hardened look, “I came to check up on you.”

“For what? I’ve managed to do just fine for a week without you, and now all of a sudden you care?”

For two people who are complete whinebags and morose lumps without the other at the moment they sure spare no time in being raging assholes to one another. This, too, is not how two people act. Granted Leon is infected with something that actively wants to kill Karla on sight. Karla, however, has no excuse. She is merely being a bitch because she can.

“From what I’ve heard, you’ve been hauled up in your office from seven am to five pm, occasionally going into the cafeteria and what not.”

You’re look intensified as you grinded your teeth, “So what?” you hissed at him. “And what have you been doing? No doubt having any troubles now are you?”

Oh, so Karla was actively acting like a morose whinebag solely for attention, just not from Leon. When Claire spared her attention for it she didn't act nearly in this manner and she hadn't done anything all week either. The double standard is blatant here and doesn't work to Karla's advantage as the author clearly thought it should. These two are no longer a couple, Leon actively wants to murder her (much to my delight) and so he has reason to stay away most of the time.

Which also brings up the question of, if Leon thinks he's such a threat to Karla's life and still loves her why did he come to check up on her at all? He broke up with her to protect her, to stay away from her and now he's going against what he claims he was doing.

Leon’s eyes narrowed before he raised his hands,

-ready to strangle the Sue that had so deeply latched onto his person. Then he would be able to resume his life without any more strange, illogical hindrances.

but he ended dropping them again. “I don’t need this! I should just leave right now. Because that’s how I wanted it to be! I wanted to protect you from myself!

“Then why are you still here?!”

For once Karla-Sue makes a good point. Relish in it, people, it's sure to be the last for a long while to come.

you cried out as he shook his head before turning around and going out of the room leaving you there to gather your composure.

Whatever happened to Beth, Oscar and Claire during this entire fiasco? Shouldn't the over-protective daddy that Oscar was noted to be last chapter have stepped in in favor of Karla's side?

After a few moments a knock was heard before the door opened and revealed Jill Valentine. Her short chin length brown hair was pulled back into a short ponytail as her blue eyes looked at you with concern.

Her hair reaches past her shoulders by this timeline! In your previous memo, which I didn't add since it had nothing to do with the fic in general, stated you were playing Resident Evil 5. You would have known this already! Or should have. We even have a flashback before she turned blonde from the experiments conducted on her and she had grown her hair out!

Judging by the look on her face, you could tell she had heard everything.

“Are you alright?” she asked softly.

God forbid anyone bother to worry about Leon. I mean, he's the one with the parasite injected inside him with a homicidal intent hardwired into its very being. Nothing to worry about, really, when compared with Karla-Sue's sensitive feewins! God forbid anyone care about the other party! Nooo, not at all! That'd just be blasphemy of the highest order in Karla-Sue's book!

Why yes, I am getting pissed off, what gave it away?

You regained composure quickly as you smiled and nodded, “Yes. What’s up?”

“You’re not going to believe this,” she said as you followed her out of the room on your way back to your office.

When did they leave the office to begin with? We had no narrative detailing Karla and Leon leaving Oscar, Beth and Claire in the office to talk privately. These are things you can't just omit.

Originally, Jill was a part of the BSAA but she often lent a hand around BETA while also partnering up with you on some small missions.

Of course she would, because you see, my rockers, Gabby happens to favor Jill's character. Any characters she likes are instantly in Karla's good books as Karla is Gabby's avatar of herself as she wishes she'd be in Resident Evil. Having Jill lead her own life exclusively working in the BSAA with Chris as one of the founders would just be silly~. *begins repeatedly mouthing 'Kill me now'*

“There’s been an outbreak in some hospital, no one knows about it yet because it’s been quarantined and it’s isolated from Maroon city.”

You furrowed your brows, “That’s a first. Normally, hospitals are in the city not isolated.”

Silly, Karla-Sue, don't you know this is just a poorly thought out plot device to trap you all in one big building?

“I know.” She said while keeping in step with you. “Maroon City has been around since before Raccoon was built. Guess who funds there stuff there.”

I have a question - why is only the hospital infested with mutated horrorterrors? Hospitals are a place where injured and sickly gather for treatment yes, but there are also those people who are worried about money costs or think they can handle what they have on their own and won't go to the hospital to get checked up. The infestation would not just be located at the hospital due to this.

“Surprise me.”

“Mercury Corporation.” She simply said as you two turned the corner.

Am I supposed to know what that is? Because quite frankly, Gabby, I stopped paying attention to your shittily-named groups, cities and characters when at all possible until the point they aggravate me greatly.

“Who are they?”

“Come on,” she scoffed while stopping you. Upon seeing your face she became serious, “Are you joking? Mercury Corp has been around since before Umbrella was started. They were the top dogs in pharmaceuticals before Umbrella used that as they’re cover.”

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] 0004q0ge
Of course they were. Even Gabby's companies she pulls out of her ass with no prior mention are Better Than You compared to their canon competition.

“How do you know that they’re not using the same decoy?”

“So far they haven’t been suspected of making Bio-Weapons and all that bullshit, maybe their different than Umbrella was.”

Apparently everyone has just conveniently forgotten about how Umbrella was a hailed pharmaceutical company that produced many widespread and popular products before the Raccoon City incident.

“I think that they may turn out to be just like Umbrella.”

“Maybe so, but you probably haven’t heard of them before because when Umbrella was established they took away Mercury’s limelight. And thus Mercury Corp became the second largest leading pharmaceutical company in the world.”

Am I supposed to know who's talking? Because I lost track some time ago. You can't expect your readers to actively keep track of who's talking back and forth for such long stretches like this without ensuing dialogue tags; it's sloppy, lazy writing.

“So they were rivals?”

“Big-time rivals.”

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] 0002de28
Umbrella had no big-time rivals. They were unconcerned with their rival companies, only with saving public face and keeping their bioterrorist research hidden from prying eyes.

“Who founded Mercury Corp?”

“Craig Knight.” You had heard that name before but you couldn’t place your finger on it exactly.

Probably because you never once gave a hint as to who this was or where you were going in your fanfic by dropping hints or anything about future plots and plot points. That tends to help build a good series and it's apart of why planning, thinking things out and jotting down notes to remember small details and ideas is a key part of writing anything, fanfiction or not.

“But anyhow, law enforcement called BETA to send in a Response Team.”

“I see where is Maroon City located exactly?”

“In the mountain sides of Pennsylvania.”

Pennsylvania, brace yourself. The Sue is about to be in you. ... You may want to get checked afterwards.

Also, Maroon City residents may want to run now.

“So it’s close then.”

“Yes.”

Where are we in relation to Pennsylvania in this story anyways? Still in D.C.? The narration is so sloppy and oftentimes we aren't given vital information so I can't trust the settings and situations to stay the same as what we heard before anymore.

You thought for a moment before making a decision, “Jill, you, me, and Claire will go. I don’t want to risk more lives if we send in a response team, that and we don’t know how bad this infection is.”

Why isn't someone higher up deciding these things? Don't they have any other BETA officers other than Karla-Sue and her canon character groupies?

“Just the three of us?”

You nodded, “Are you up for it?”

She grinned while playfully socking your arm, “I’m up for anything.”

Jill is not the type to hit anyone, playfully or no, outside of a fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After making the call to the Maroon City law enforcement, you had told Claire about the plans as well as your father.

So you just roped Claire into the gig without asking her? How noble of you. I know this is an official group of bioterrorist warfare soldiers ready to fight and be shipped out at a moment's notice but it doesn't act like it so why should I pretend otherwise?

He agreed to the plan of only sending the three of you in,

- because he knew that if he disagreed he'd have to face the wrath of the Medusa-headed Sue upon being denied what she wanted.

that way you wouldn’t be forced to shoot your fellow comrades. Jill and Claire went to get ready as you were on your way to make a report to Kaplan.

I love how absolutely no one knows of this situation other than those they seek out and tell. How incompetent are these assholes?

“Karla!” you stopped before turning around, seeing Sheva jog up to you, you smiled in return. She was wearing a light blue tank top with her ‘Shujaa’ tattoo visible and blue jeans as she still wore her hair up. You once asked her what Shujaa meant, she said it meant ‘warrior’.

“I was wondering, do you mind if I take Milla to the mall today?”

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Confusedron
Since when does Sheva strike anyone as the type to go to the mall for funsies?

“Not at all, she’s with Georgia so tell her that I said it was okay.”

Not a very good babysitter if that's all it takes for Georgia to relinquish her temporary custody of the kid over to someone else.

Sheva nodded once, “Thanks.”

You smiled, “Why do you want to take her out all of a sudden?”

"Because I'm horribly out of character, thanks to a certain someone," Sheva paused momentarily to glare meaningfully at Karla. It went over her head entirely. "And-"

“I have free time.” She responded with a smile as she walked past you to the elevators.

About to ask her something else you turned around only to be met with Sheva’s back to you, she was occupying herself by staring out of the fourth floor window. In the reflection of the tinted window you saw her composed face fall slowly into a serious face of intensity. Her eyes met yours in the reflection as she smiled a small smile before ringing for the elevator.

Whatever was on Sheva’s mind, it made her vulnerable enough to show her weak side.

Where in the fuck did that last bit come from? All of a sudden the lax, happy Sheva is a morose lump for the hell of it? That was so far out of left field it smacked me in the head and nearly gave me a concussion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright let’s get this over with.” sighed Jill as she strapped on her gun holster.

The three of you had gone over the mission with each detail not being left out, it was simple; enter the hospital, save some survivors if there were any, and get the hell out.

That's it? No further recon? No finding out who's really behind it? No surveillance over what kind of dangers lurk? Nothing else?

The three of you rounded the corner before exiting to the rooftop;

I would just like to point out to all, I read that line wrong first and thought it said "exiting the rooftop" and translated it to mean they all jumped off. I had a very ecstatic moment before I realized my mistake.
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Sadface

the helicopter’s blades were already spinning in the air as the pilot gave the thumbs up with a cheesy smile. Michael Evans.

“Let’s go ladies.” He replied as the three of you entered the chopper’s cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maroon City.

A city as big as Raccoon was, but then again, Maroon City was Raccoon’s sister so to say.

Of course it is, because everything the author pulls out of her ass simply must be connected to something canonical or it isn't relevant.

Passing over the bustling city, you looked out of the window to catch a glimpse of Maroon City’s hospital; the sun was gently beginning to lower in the horizon as you landed little ways from the hospital itself.

St. Mercy was dead with life.

"St. Mercy?" That's the best you could come up with? And no, the irony of the situation when compared to the name of the hospital is not creative or intelligent. You're not the first person to pull something that obvious and you certainly won't be the last.

Before you had landed, you could’ve sworn you saw something there in the windows of the tenth floor.

If you saw movement in the window than it's not devoid of life, twit.

But then again it could’ve been the sun.

How does the sun create movement?

The helicopter came to a rest as the blades stopped spinning; Claire opened the cabin door as she went out, then you, then Jill.

Oh my God! Proper use of 'then/than!' Twice! I don't even care how repetitive it was! *weeps tears of joy*
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Tumblr_lyfu4bj0Ms1qma1nd

You three were then immediately met by a man who looked to be from the police force.

Guy must be a wizard; one minute he's there the next he's not! Fucker can apparate like no other.

He wasn’t dressed like you would have expected and his age wasn’t what you expected either.

Expected was just used twice in the same sentence to describe roughly the same thing. This is the mark of bad writing.

He was light brown with jet black hair combed into short spikes on top of his head; he had on a black thermal sweater with the sleeves rolled up his elbows, his Police badge hanging by the waist of his blue jeans as his gun was holstered on his right hip. His dark eyes swept over you three as a warm smile spread across his chiseled features. He had to be around Leon’s age or about a year older than him, but damn, you had to admit he was fine.

You know, since we're speaking about 'fine' things now I'm going to bring in some eye candy for myself. It's my therapy.
Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] ShirtlessDean-2

Apparently Claire thought so too since her blue eyes met with his briefly before a smile spread across her lips.

“I’m Eric Marini; Maroon City Detective of the police force.” Jill’s calm faced dropped into a dead serious one. You looked to the side as you saw her blue eyes scan Eric from head to toe, as though expecting him to disappear.

“Marini?” Jill questioned as he raised a fine black eyebrow.

I assume that name is supposed to mean something to me. Spoiler alert; it doesn't.

“Yes.” He responded with a voice so smooth and sweet. “Do I know you?”

Jill hesitated before deciding to change the subject back to the current situation, “Status on the situation.”

I'm probably supposed to view that hesitance as important. The reality of this is that I couldn't give less of a fuck about it if I tried.

He dismissed it with a smile before looking back to where the police had built the barricade around the hospital.

The barricade that we've heard nothing about up until this point. That should have been one of the first things we heard about, either from Karla-Sue's point of view from the helicopter or the instant they landed.

“Outbreak occurred around 4:18 pm, we know it’s an outbreak since one of the survivors had phoned in a 911 call. I doubt the chief will send in his men without knowing the full details, that’s why I called BETA. Even though you deal with bio-”

“We deal with anything threatening human life.” You cut him off as he turned to you with a serious expression.

Yeah-no. You are a bioterrorist warfare group. The government has the National Guard, the Army, the Airforce, the Navy, and the Marines to deal with any other threat. In fact, why weren't the National Guard notified of this? Homeland issues tend to be their specialty, especially if it's not clear if it's an outbreak for sure or not.

Which brings up another interesting point, how is it that this man called BETA but only Jill knew about it? From Jill it spread through the grapevine, so to speak. Jill is not a founder of BETA like she is of BSAA, she shouldn't have been the first to know this considering they didn't call the BSAA. And why weren't the BSAA called instead? They're the original group founded all over the world to combat bioterrorism.

“I see, I thought you would have a team covering you for back up.”

See, officer, that would be the smart thing to do. As such it didn't happen and never will happen.

“We don’t want to risk any lives before we can fully grasp the situation, which is exactly why we didn't bother sending anyone out to do recon and surveillance of the situation,” Claire began as Eric paid her attention. “The three of us survived Raccoon City on the night it became overrunned by the outbreak. We have the experience necessary to understand this current situation, some of our trained soldiers don’t know much about fighting against virus infected creatures.

If they don't know much about fighting against viral horrorterrors then none of you are doing a good job training your recruits as they come! It's established Karla-Sue and her canon groupies are the top dogs around both BETA and BSAA, thus they would have some say - if not all of it - in the training regime that they go through. How to deal with the various known B.O.W.s and creatures should be top priority. This reflects badly on all of you.

By the way, I’m Claire Redfield, BETA Special Operations supervisor.” She held out her hand as he gradually shook it with delight.

“I’m Karla Smith, second in command of BETA center of this entire universe and don't you dare forget it.” He shook your hand as he turned to Jill for introduction.

I'm surprised she didn't take the chance to brag about her Sergeant Major ranking again.

“Jill Valentine…BSAA agent.”

If I were this chucklefuck of an officer I'd be questioning why a BSAA agent was here when he called strictly for BETA.

She replied glumly as they both shook hands, for a mere moment, Eric looked as her as though he had known her.

“You were in S.T.A.R.S.” he replied monotone as his dark eyes watched her features.

I feel as if a plot point is about to puke all over me any moment now.

“Yes.” She replied not denying the fact.

“You watched him die.” His voice held venom as you decided to take the initiative.

And there it was! All over my good shirt, too!

You wedged yourself between them as you held his gaze away from Valentine, “We need to save those survivors Detective Marini, so I suggest we save the reunion for later.”

He looked at you for a moment before his eyes flickered to Jill who had diverted her gaze; he then turned back to you. “Okay, you’re right commander.”

You sighed annoyed with the formalities, “Call me Karla.”

Bitch, please. One of the first things you're taught in the military is formality. You are a representative of the branch of military you are in. If you are sloppy looking that is the impression people get from the branch you are in and the training you received. I don't know how the Army is taught such things but in the Marines appearance and public view is highly important so as to show that they are a force to be reckoned with and won't take shit. When you cut down on the formalities you give an opening for others to wheedle into, it even shows you have no amount of discipline or sense of when to be formal and went to be lax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheva and Milla had arrived at the mall and immediately Milla was hungry.

I fail to see how this is relevant to anything.

She bought her a pretzel and a lemonade to hold her over until you made her dinner that night.

I enjoy how no one informed anyone else of Karla's whereabouts.

Milla’s hand fitted into Sheva’s as they walked towards one of the children stores; the little Russian girl was busy finishing off her lemonade as her curious amber eyes scanned the large shopping center as Sheva kept her eyes straight ahead, ignoring the stares from the men who were interested in her.

This reads as if Sheva attracts nearly all, if not in fact all, or a great number of stares. It can be argued that she's attractive as a character but she's not that attractive. No one is.

That was when it happened.

A Licker leaped from the ceiling from which it clung, claws sinking into Milla and ending her life almost immediately.

Oh, that's not what happened? Tch. Girl can dream, can't she?

People coming from the opposite direction of them started screaming as the people around them stared curiously. Sheva stopped as Milla’s stare was fixed on the running group of people coming towards them.

Sheva’s eyebrows furrowed together in a puzzled look as her eyes widen in horror at the sight.

More people were coming, but it seemed as though they running after them she got a closer look and realized that they were different. Infected looking. With blood smeared across their mouths.

If anyone was truly surprised by this twist pack your bags and leave. You're a moron.

She read about the Raccoon City incident, the infected people there couldn’t run since they had no more motor functions. But these, these people were running as though they were running in a marathon! She couldn’t believe this was happening.

Apparently Crimson Heads just stopped being a thing that existed. You know? Those stupid mother fuckers that run up on your ass making getting in significant shots difficult before they're wrecking your shit.

She blinked and focused again, but the sight was still there. Everyone around them ran and screamed and before Sheva could pull out her gun, the group of victims ran past her and Milla as she was eventually knocked to the floor.

Sheva carries a firearm on her? That's also more information that would have been nice to have before this. I'd also like to know when Sheva got the permit to carry that. Typically military personnel are not allowed to carry any type of firearm when off-duty. I figured that would be similar for groups like BSAA and the like.

She got up in enough time to grab her gun from her left hip holster

She's even got it holstered in open view? And no one called the police on her? Nothing?!

and shoot the person that was about to bite her. She shot it once in the head as it fell to the floor. That was when she realized that Milla was gone.

I find it disturbing that I keep wishing this kid to die in painful ways. Then I remember she's a Sue-child and I just don't care after that.

“Milla?! Milla!” Sheva called as she frantically looked around the screaming people and that was when she spotted the little girl.

“Milla!” Sheva shouted again as she ran towards her, but suddenly she was tackled to the ground by a ravenous person eagerly wanting to bite into her skin. To taste her flesh, to bite through her muscles and tendons, that was they’re only thought.

Zombies don't have rational thoughts. That's why they're zombies. They are ravenous beings who live only to satiate their baser instinct.

Around her the murderous cannibals were feasting among the living and she tried desperately to wriggle her way out from the man’s bloody body. She kept him at bay with her hands on his face as she moved his head away from her.

That would only have put your hands closer to its mouth raising the chance of getting bitten and thus infected, genius one.

Her brown eyes looked to the left as she spotted Milla still searching for her that was when she immediately turned around and locked eyes with Sheva.

“Sheva!” Milla screamed as she ran towards her, unfortunately the running people couldn’t see her and soon she was knocked to the ground.

About to get up again, Milla’s eyes looked in front of her as she saw one of the infected running towards her at an increasing speed.

Sheva struggled as she finally snapped its neck and hastily she got to her feet as she tried to out run the hungry bloody cannibal...

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02] Thatssotrue_3097_1330720921-1
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/

Illegal Operations: Project K Chronicles, Resident Evil [02]
Page 1 of 1