AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xxxJRosesxxx
Claptrap
Claptrap

My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Empty
PostSubject: My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five)   My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 am

Quote :
Three days later...
I sat on the porch of my Grandma's house, watching the wind gently breeze against the flowers of her garden. This was my home away from home. Grandma waved to me from her garden, she was planting tulips. The sun was shining brightly warming me like a soft blanket. The country air was fresh and the trees waved in the wind, it was so beautiful here.

Me: Harley has a Grandma that readers never knew about until now.

Younger Me: Why does that matter?

Quote :
I'd grown up here, raised by my Grandma after my Mom had passed away from giving birth to me and my Dad ran out on her when he found she was pregnant.

Me: Oh look exposition!

Younger Me: Hey, I didn't want to spend so much time on that stuff!

Me: Then...why...did...you fucking bother putting it in there in the first place if you're not going to give two shits about it!!! Also! There is grammatical error at " when he found she was pregnant"! It should be " when he found out that she was pregnant"! You stupid little girl!My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 2276801876

Quote :

I'd met my Dad once when I was sixteen, at a mental hospital somewhere in New York; he suffered from severe anxiety, paranoia, and psychotic episodes. He was very nice to me and talked about wanting to get to know me, he said he was sorry about what happened to my Mom. He talked about his regret for running out on her and wished he'd been there to be a father. After I'd met him another patient killed him, the very next day, bashed his head to pieces.

Me: More exposition! Sooo fucking much exposition!!!! Just suddenly dumped on the readers suddenly!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 2817832030

Younger me:...Are you ok?My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 3524266654

Me: I'm great! I'm on cloud nine!My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 136788826

Quote :

Grandma came out from her garden and sat next to me, we had the same blue eyes and blond hair, although hers had turned all white by now. Grandma was well into her eighties and yet was pretty active and healthy for being that age.
"When I saw you from my garden I thought I was looking at your Mother," she said.
"You always say I look like her," I said.
"But it's true; you're so much like her too. Calm, gentle, well-mannered, and a love for strawberries." she said.

Me: God, what the fuck is up with Harley and strawberries? Why? It so weird to just mention how much she likes strawberries, because it has nothing to do with the story and doesn't like make her cool (if that was what I was going for). Is it suppose to be funny? What is the point?

Younger Me: It's suppose to show how much her and her mother are alike.

Me: So?! You can't just throw in the backstory of a dead character that we've never heard about before, and expect readers to care. Readers haven't even been given how Harley/Harleen feels about her late mother until the next few paragraphs through! Which again is stupid because readers don't fucking give a shit about something suddenly dumped on them through exposition!

Quote :
"Is there anything I don't have in common with her?" I asked, giggling.
"The type of men you're attracted to, I always thought it ran in our blood that we women of the family were cursed to love men that didn't know where their minds were. Your Grandfather was skisfrinic and killed himself because he couldn't take it anymore. But it makes me happy to see that you haven't fallen for such a man, your mother and I both fell into the madness of love. You, you're out trying to put people like that back on a sane path. I could never be more proud of you!" she said.

Me: Well you're in for a real surprise Grandma...

Younger Me: No she won't, she dies shortly after this!

Me: Oh yeah I forgot, I'll rant about that later. What the fuck is skisfrinic, I think I meant schizophrenic? I know that children tend to inherit their parents bad examples, but this is stretching it and why again are these major back stories of Harleen all being brought up here and worse this is the only chapter they'll EVER be mentioned!

Quote :

I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise in a chilling reality. I was just like my Mother and Grandmother, cursed to be attracted to men who've lost their minds. Would I end up like my Mother? Dead, as a price to pay for my fatal attraction for the Joker? Or like my Grandmother, alone...and lonely without anyone to love or be loved by after my mad man disappeared? What was to become of me, I felt myself spiraling down a cyclone I couldn't break free from, because strangely I didn't want to. I had the will power to get out right now, but I couldn't, I felt like I'd be lost forever if I did. I didn't want to be lost or lonely ever.

Me: How? How would she be "lost forever" without the Joker? She is a beautiful and successful woman, how could she not fit into the rest of the world? There is nothing to indicate that she's an outcast! She's fucking perfect!

Quote :

"What was it like with Grandpa?" I asked, taking a sip of hot tea.
"It was like being one with the madness of his mind, I could understand every thought that went on inside. My thoughts were his thoughts, his trouble was my trouble, and I was prepared to join with his insanity. He'd gotten into my head, but I was inside of his too. We couldn't get rid of each other even if we tried, there was a time he was choking me but then suddenly stopped. The voices telling him to kill me couldn't penetrate the feelings he had for me. As terrifying as he sometimes was I could never be afraid of him. With him there was no right or wrong, and I didn't care." she said.

Me: Yeah, because that is how dangerous paranoid schizophrenics should treat their illness the power of fucking love! Grandma, you're a fucking moron! My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 3224979720

Younger Me: Love can conquer anything!My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 2081369935

Me: No it fucking can't!

Quote :

Her words shook me I were a full wine glass on a shacking table. I could relate to every single word she spoke.
"If he were to come back alive what would you do?" I asked.
"Stay by his side until I died or he died again. I'm still part of him and he's still a part of me, I could never change that and I've never wanted to. I have to listen to what's inside me, or I'd die inside." she said.
Die inside, would that happen to me? Would I slowly die inside if I didn't act on my feelings inside? I think I knew what I had to once I got back to Gotham...
Two weeks later, my Grandmother passed away peacefully in her sleep. I was relieved to know that she would never get to see what I was becoming inside my cocoon. My shell was peeling off and I knew what I was now. I was the moth, the lunar moth beautiful creature of the night attracted to light.

"So Harleen has no real personal consequences to face, her Grandma isn't alive anymore to be disappointed in the decision she's made to be with the Joker. She has no ties and there is no real fucking consequence to trouble her morally because...love. All it took was Grandma telling her that bad taste in men runs in the family and suddenly she is fine with the idea of being with the Joker!" I screamed.

My younger self suddenly burst into song...

"All you need is love!"My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 2081369935

"Shut up," I said.

"All you need is looove!" she sang, tauntingly. My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 912910220

"Stop singing from Moulin Rouge! We still have two more chapters, then I can finally be rid of you and this fanfiction!!!!!!"My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five) 3278804867
Back to top Go down

My Harley Quinn Fanfiction (Part Five)
Page 1 of 1