AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Empty
PostSubject: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Format Change~!! From Knight with love!

~

"I want these filled out and done by tomorrow!" Blake had said while casting your small radio a death glare. "And either turn that off or risk it being chucked out in the rain."

Knight: You go, Blake! Glare at that radio! *snickers*

"Are you done?" You asked, tone still civil and polite, although your current mood said otherwise.
He grumbled an incoherent 'yes' before stalking back to his desk. Still, you didn't turn down the radio at his request, if anything you had turned the dial up a bit in order for him to hear Elvis Presley at his best.

Knight: According to Gabby's music taste; she likes oldies like Elvis. I've been around too long to know...

A smile threatens to engulf your face as you hear him grumble a few colorful phrases. You turned back to the computer monitor and began typing up the most recent report on the Origami Killer. You were amazed at the amount of detail Blake managed to scrape up, but at the last second you figured it hadn't all been him.

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_m6uo0n0AeE1ruirv8o1_250

"One coffee for the lady."

You glanced up just in time to see that Norman Jayden had placed a steaming cup of coffee on your desk. A smile is evident now as you reach forward to pick up the java.

"Thanks again, Norman." The cup reaches your lips as you sip some slowly.

Knight: Please, destroy this fic now..

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_m015w1dMuB1rqogxzo1_400
The FBI profiler had been sent to your prescient in order to assist in the investigation of the Origami Killer. He had been greeted with hostility from Blake and the other cops, but you and Charlene were the only ones who made him feel somewhat welcomed.

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Image-1
Knight: This is why I hate Insert-Sue; she makes Norman feel welcome, totally showing the fact they she likes him! It's supposed to take a while and getting to know him before you start to like him. You can't just pounce on the poor man!

Norman was grateful for that. "No problem, ________. I told you I'd owe you big."

"Well, you must've read my mind. I love java on rainy days."

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_m4528cZ4rN1qg2tan

A chuckle was shared between the two of you at the ironic statement, for it had been raining for the past month. He came just in time to experience the full brunt of it.

Norman seated himself on the edge of your desk as you tilted the styrofoam cup once more. The heavy rain outside was covered up by the sounds of the cops conversing with one another, and by your small radio which had been playing nothing but Elvis for the past hour.

Knight: *yawns* I'M GETTING BORED HERE. Norman, leave her, leave her now. Come hang out with me!

"So," he began after he too had sipped some from his cup, "are you taking lunch?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

He looked away from you with a small smile. He appeared embarrassed for asking in the first place.

"Yeah, sorry. I meant, like, are ya going out for lunch?"

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Pta-disband

You suppressed that small chuckle that threatened to sneak past your lips. His Boston English accent was too charming to resist, and if anything, it had made him appear even more sheepish looking then he already was.

You look over towards the front of the station and frowned, "Nope. It's pouring now, and I'm not gonna risk catching pneumonia if I were to go out there."

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_ltiib0q6d11qm76s1o2_500
"...Good point."

[e/c] eyes had turned to look up at him. Norman looked away from the front and had caught your gaze.

"Did you want to get lunch together? You can drive."

Knight: Norman, RUN MAN RUN!! This is painful, Norman, don't let her drive. She'll get you both killed!

He had definitely been taken aback by your sudden proposition; he had assumed what you had said before was a polite rejection to his request. But, that didn't seem to be the case. Instead, you had taken the opportunity to set the lunch date up yourself.

A sly move on your behalf, but nevertheless, Norman smirked at it. "I like how you chose that I was gonna be the one to drive."

"I like how you were trying to be coy and not ask me out directly."

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Alielaug4mynt
"And I like how my workspace is quiet without the two of you yapping up a storm." Both pairs of eyes had turned to look at Blake. Although the lieutenant was filling out paperwork, it had been obvious that it was he who had spoken.

You both turned back to each other before Jayden got up. His knuckles tapped on your desk as he made a move to leave your area.

Knight: And I like how I don't give a shit.

"I'll see you at lunch time then," he said softly with a small smile just as you had nodded at him.

"Can't wait."

He turned away and walked back towards his temporary office. A soft clinking noise had alerted you to the tile floor where Norman had been at not that long ago. You bend slightly to the right and saw a tiny vial on the ground. Seeing that Blake was preoccupied with his half of the paperwork you made a move to bend down to retrieve whatever it was that Jayden had dropped.

Knight: OH WHAT- NORMAN, WHY DID YOU GO AND DO THAT? *frantically scrambles for vial of Triptocaine* Shit, damnitt! *however, vial is picked up by Insert-Sue* Oh hell no, this about to get all bad and shit..

You clutched in your hand as you righted yourself upwards once again. Opening your hand, the vial laid peculiarily on your palm. Your eyebrows creased as the crystal blue powder inside it had greeted your suspicious eyes.

Knight: OH HELL NO! Do not keep it, give it back and be stupid about it. It ain't yer business!!

A shallow breath is pulled from your lungs as you looked back up; your eyes casting judgement at the man who had too easily won your admiration.
Pulling the draw of your desk open, you decide to drop it in there among other things before slamming it closed.

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_m3vmx5Tykj1qzi80do1_500
You would just have to wait until your scheduled lunch date. And you hoped, to any higher being, that this was all one big misunderstanding.

Knight: It is not just a big understanding, Sue. You're being a sneaky bitch!
Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Tumblr_lfj6xarygt1qe0eclo1_r25_500
Back to top Go down
http://starryeyedwriters.forumotion.com/u5
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 pm

I hate how she just thinks she's gonna host a one-woman intervention on Norman's ass because he *~LOLOOPS~* dropped his Triptocaine (which, c'mon, we all know he keeps such tight watch on he wouldn't be caught dead doing that).

In fact.... *scrambles for her own copy of Heavy Rain**flips through player's manual*

Ah, here! We are! From the player's manual itself:
Quote :
TECHNOLOGY TODAY
ARI A REALITY?

Reports surfacing that now show compelling evidence that ARI (Added Reality Interface) systems, technology once thought to only exist in science fiction, are actually already out there and being used by the FBI.

In a leaked document - which seams to be instructions for an ARI system - comprised of a pair of state-of-the-art glasses and a glove - usage of the technology enables instant crime scene analysis and clue examination through video memo recording, retinal scanning, and DNA organic break downs.

According to the instructions, "the user puts on the glasses and glove when the action icon is displayed", then is able to scan for clues in their immediate vicinity by "pressing the [R1] button". Anything of interest will be highlighted, facilitating closer investigation.

Other functions of the ARI system are rumored to include the 'virtual office', a location - tailored to the user's own preferences - where detailed information can be stored, checked and cross-referenced at the wave of a hand.

Now, granted, we have the game mechanics in this manual for the sake of the player - but ignoring that this makes it canon that ARI is not a well-known technology within Heavy Rain as it's only a rumor and a leaked document. Meaning that the Reader-Insert (otherwise known as Gabby's cope-out for using her own personality and self) would only have a vague sense of what ARI is, even if she noticed the emblem ARI on Norman's glasses when he uses them.

Nowhere in that document or article is there any mention of Triptocaine which is used to counteract ARI's side effects, meaning she should have no idea, logically, what she just picked up at all. She's only guessing.

Err... *coughs, sheepish* Sorry about that! I tend to get analytical with fanfictions....

Last edited by EVU- on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Preach it, sister!

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  362388120
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Oldies like Elvis
I died laughing like oh my god

Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Oldies like Elvis

Heehee, right?

Knight's gotta point though. Back in Project K that I sporked, her self-insert was rockin' out to some Queen, too.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 pm

EVU- wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:
Oldies like Elvis

Heehee, right?

Knight's gotta point though. Back in Project K that I sporked, her self-insert was rockin' out to some Queen, too.

Seriously? lol.

pfft
pffft
wow
Really?

I love Queen
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
EVU- wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:
Oldies like Elvis

Heehee, right?

Seriously? lol.

pfft
pffft
wow
Really?

I love Queen

Dead serious! Have a passage from the chapter it appeared in:

Quote :
“She keeps her Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Khrushchev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laserbeam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Ooh, recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?” you immediately stopped singing after feeling the jet take off. (“Killer Queen” by Queen)
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:54 pm

I like oldies, but I wouldn't go over the top just to post them in my fanfiction. C:
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 am

Solar Mother Amaterasu wrote:
I like oldies, but I wouldn't go over the top just to post them in my fanfiction. C:

Most of the time I think people post songs they like in their fics just to ramp up their word count and make it seem longer. Granted, I'm guilty of slipping a few lyrics in myself but the character was singing them straight up, and it wasn't for 10-15 lines of the lyrics, it was one or two here and there before she stopped each time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"    Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xenomorph Sporking: "(Heavy Rain).:Suspicion:.(Norman Jayden)"
Page 1 of 1