AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2

Go down 
+13
Snowball King
Tyriant
Rekka Pop
Manic
Zmija
Noxtis
Wandering Leo
Angel_the_Claymore
NavyReservist
Jade
MadHattersPassion
Dream Drops
Okami Yammi
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am

Has anyone noticed that Lunaescence is down?
Back to top Go down
http://starryeyedwriters.forumotion.com/u5
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 am

Solar Mother Amaterasu wrote:

From what I heard, the server crashed. I don't really use the site, so it's no skin off my teeth. But that's the official reason, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am

Dream Drops wrote:

From what I heard, the server crashed. I don't really use the site, so it's no skin off my teeth. But that's the official reason, apparently.

Oh, well. One of my Sporks will have to be postponed (the Left 4 Dead 2 one). It's no big deal. Updating on there takes forever..
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 013Calumon
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 547

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 am

I heard that the mods on there are pretty bad. I have a friend who likes to post fanfiction and had her stories declined for the stupidest reasons. She said that her story was declined because the one reviewing her story didn't like the character's personality. (Which was a totally ok personality, I BETA'd her story.)
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

And like almost all of the senior members have their stuff validated first..
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

Tyriant wrote:
I heard that the mods on there are pretty bad. I have a friend who likes to post fanfiction and had her stories declined for the stupidest reasons. She said that her story was declined because the one reviewing her story didn't like the character's personality. (Which was a totally ok personality, I BETA'd her story.)

That really, really doesn't surprise me at all. The mods there are very biased and rude. Some of them will even favor reading things specifically in a fandom they want to see published over someone else's fic who's been waiting to get published and may never because of their biased opinions.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am

Dream Drops wrote:

That really, really doesn't surprise me at all. The mods there are very biased and rude. Some of them will even favor reading things specifically in a fandom they want to see published over someone else's fic who's been waiting to get published and may never because of their biased opinions.

Ick. She said she was interested in this site, since I told her about it when you first gave me a mod position, but since her computer had a breakdown she hasn't been able to join. /lesigh

Last edited by Tyriant on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am

Oh yeah they're pretty lousy, an old friend of mine would always complain about them.

I believe one time she was declined just because the fandom was overused or something like that. I can't remember what they told her, something along the lines of the site has too many of that fandom. Something ridicules like that.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:20 am

Wandering Leo wrote:
Oh yeah they're pretty lousy, an old friend of mine would always complain about them.

I believe one time she was declined just because the fandom was overused or something like that. I can't remember what they told her, something along the lines of the site has too many of that fandom. Something ridicules like that.

That's really annoying dude. The point of a site for original works or fan fiction is to actually let them on the site regardless of the reason. That's a bull shit excuse on their end and it still does not surprise me
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 am

Dream Drops wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:

That's really annoying dude. The point of a site for original works or fan fiction is to actually let them on the site regardless of the reason. That's a bull shit excuse on their end and it still does not surprise me

Tell me about it, I wouldn't have stayed if I was her but to each their own. That's why I love it here, we may not be that big of a site, but we have a really nice handful of users that are active. We're like a family uvu
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 am

Good lord Tyriant, learn how to post! No idea what went on with that last post. But oh well. Things like that are a good part of why I seldom write. Not only is it impossible for me to post any writing I may do on sites like that, but if I post it on a big site, I risk people like 'Farla' bullshitting reviews to stroke their own ego.

Oh well, that's why I love BETA reading. Because you don't actually write anything, just help people with theirs /shrug

Last edited by Tyriant on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 am

Wandering Leo wrote:
Dream Drops wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:

Tell me about it, I wouldn't have stayed if I was her but to each their own. That's why I love it here, we may not be that big of a site, but we have a really nice handful of users that are active. We're like a family uvu

I'd like to think we're not so biased and we actually attempted to care for the users. The ones that stick around that is. We might offer advice but we're not going to tell you 'no' just because. If it follows the rules, the only real thing we can do is offer a little bit of advice on improving things.

That's the problem with Luna. Even if they tell you something is wrong, they don't really explain how to fix it well. It doesn't help for people who might have an issue grasping things well.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 am

That and we offer so much more than JUST fanfiction. We have rping as well as other topics to chat about. Case in Point, this topic right here.
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am

Well, Quizilla never ceases to amaze me. I've seen so much horrible things, I think I may need a brain bleach. And I'm trying to find the stuff my Quizilla friends post. Ugh..
Back to top Go down
Rinko
Scooter
Scooter
Rinko

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 048Renamon
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 570

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 am

Well, Quizilla never ceases to amaze me. I've seen so much horrible things, I think I may need a brain bleach. And I'm trying to find the stuff my Quizilla friends post. Ugh..

Well, I can't say I don't agree with you on Quizilla being a piece of crap most of the time. And that's just the little bugs on the site, too; not the users and stories...

Are the wonders of the fanfictions enchanting you? ORZ.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Rinko wrote:

Well, I can't say I don't agree with you on Quizilla being a piece of crap most of the time. And that's just the little bugs on the site, too; not the users and stories...

That's why I don't even pretend to bother with the site anymore aside from spamming members. And that's even gone dead most of the time. It's just not even worth to poke about anymore.
Back to top Go down
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Pbucket
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 037

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Dream Drops wrote:
Rinko wrote:

That's why I don't even pretend to bother with the site anymore aside from spamming members. And that's even gone dead most of the time. It's just not even worth to poke about anymore.

I agree with you all completely! Cool Nod Plus here we can put up pictures easier than there I actually could never get my pictures to go up on quizilla so that just adds to the love I have for this site! Lol! Plus such a awesome group of people to talk to you guys! Tail Wag
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

And the stuff people post is the same thing over and over again. Half of my stuff gets rated three (or if I'm lucky) two stars because people don't know what I wrote for. Users on there all have one-track minds..
Back to top Go down
NavyReservist
Wild Ace
Wild Ace
NavyReservist

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Pbucket
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 037

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:23 pm

And the stuff people post is the same thing over and over again. Half of my stuff gets rated three (or if I'm lucky) two stars because people don't know what I wrote for. Users on there all have one-track minds..

the people on quizilla just annoy the he double hockey sticks out of me... Ugh.... ..... I might need to go outside and scream about it.... Lol... Seriously thought they are annoying when one writes a story that ends differently than they want!!!
Back to top Go down
Rinko
Scooter
Scooter
Rinko

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 048Renamon
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 570

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm

You mean the stories with long, plot-exposing titles, right? Like "I'm a Princess who's going to get married to my butler BUT I GOT KIDNAPPED BY A VAMPIRE WHO TURNS OUT TO BE HIS BROTHER AND HE LOVES ME?!?!?" or "I'm a hugeeee One Direction fan who's a childhood friend and of one of the members BUT ALL OF THEM LOVE ME?!?!". I seriously wonder how they fit that all in the title, considering Quizilla's character limit for titles.

But if you truly dig down past the Middle Earth of Quizilla, then there are some sane authors. Like ones who write for Hetalia and Homestuck (I mostly find them in the Hetalia fandom). Though most seem to be moving onto Tumblr, you just gotta look hard! Also, some of the people who do rants on there are sane from the rest of the users too.

Dream Drops wrote:

True. Quizilla used to be a daily site for lots of people (I would imagine most of the people on here), but it just lost its gleam now. I don't think most of its users even log in now because they're so fed up with the site, whether it's the bugs, stories, or other members.
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Turning into a huge Supernatural fan I have become, I'll allow anything Supernatural, as long as it's well written and not Mary-Sueish.

And I agree with you on the crazy titles that don't even fit, caps lock rage, and insane writers.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Yeah, the glory days of Quizilla have gone far south these days.

Personally though, I can't rant much about it because I used to be like that. It wouldn't really feel right, you know? But, I did the whole marysue train and all that jazz when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
Okami Yammi
Okami Yammi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Same here, and then I came to my senses. I just hope the users on there will do the same..
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Same here, and then I came to my senses. I just hope the users on there will do the same..

Think about it though, they're just little kids like we were, I was twelve back when I acted like that. I'm sixteen now but I realized how wrong and annoying I was being when I was thirteen. Just give them time uvu it's a never ending cycle
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:41 am

True that. As my friend says 'it's the endless struggle'

And I happy news for anyone interested~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next