AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 509

{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 am

Bruce chuckled a little sardonically at the idea of using diplomacy on Loki. Something told him that that would be a futile effort. Still, he found he rather admired Bernadette's view on the matter.

"I don't think that's going to work on someone like Loki," he answered softly, sparing her a glance. "Guy's mind is mangled and twisted. Could be even worse now."

He bit at his lip momentarily, glancing at the clock readout in the little yellow vehicle. He wondered how long it would take to get them wherever they were going. With traffic it was impossible to calculate.

----[x]----

A sigh left Tamara and she turned away from Agent Coulson muttering "of course" under her breath. She tossed Stark another unimpressed look as well.

"I wouldn't fancy yourself clever if I were you. That deduction's not exactly one that's about secret information after all."

She glanced away again, keeping an eye on her surroundings. It was hard not to do so after years of getting into the habit. It was almost second nature to her now.

Tamara slid her hands into her pockets, aware that nothing seemed to be intent on attacking here. She would have been a little surprised if there had been but habits die hard and until she was entirely sure she always kept her guard up at first.

"What do you know of Loki from the last time?"
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:24 pm

“You have to wonder though,” Bernadette started, turning onto the highway, “What pushes a man to such extremes.”

Finally on the highway, the two would be at S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters in about an hour. Less if the roads weren’t heavy with late night traffic. From the looks of things, they weren’t.

“He couldn’t have always been like that, no one is born evil.”

---{X}---

“Oh you know,” Tony began, smirk fading into a serious expression, “Obsessive, demanding, cruel and unusual.”

He snickered lightly, “To quote the big guy, he’s crazier than a bag of cat. So, just your average vilified exile demigod.”

Away from the two, Coulson spoke a few words of farewell into his phone before closing it and turning his attention back to Stone and Stark. He wandered back within hearing range before speaking, “We should really start heading back H.Q.”

Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm

He tipped his head to the side, taking in her words. Already he could tell that Bernadette was one who tried to see the reasons why a person was the way they were.

"Well," Bruce relented after a moment. "I don't think at this point knowing's going to change anything."

Another looked was spared her way, studying her expression in the street lights that periodically lit their way along the highway. Surely it wouldn't take them long to get to S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ at this rate.

----[x]----

At Agent Coulson's statement Tamara wasted no time in turning and heading back outside towards the man's vehicle.

"It's about time," she answered. Tamara had been under the understanding that they were in a bit of a rush. Because of this she wondered just who Agent Coulson had been on the phone with and what it was about.

Sometimes she hated not knowing everything there was about a job.

"Coming along any time soon, boys?" she called over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Her expression was relaxed as she continued to watch the endless flow of bright yellow on black. The streetlights from above cast strange shadows over the two as they continued on their drive.

"Of course," She agreed, giving a small smile, "It's just a nice thought that things could be solved so simply."

She pulled off at the nearest exit, traveling down an older road with little to no streetlights. It wouldn't take long now, about ten miles left, "If people are willing to stop and listen."

---{X}---

The two soon joined her as they walked towards the car. Coulson filling Stark in on a little bit of the details, not saying much though.

"Oh, look, someone got an upgrade." Stark commented, opening the passenger door and settling in, "They won't let you drive one of the trucks, huh?"

"No, actually," Coulson replied, opening the back passenger door for Tamara, "Didn't want to grab the public's attention with such a big vehicle."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:19 am

Nodding, Bruce allowed a smile to pass over his lips. It was rather refreshing to hear of this kind of thought process. Usually people were gun ho to get fighting each other.

"Yeah, yeah... It is a nice thought."

Bruce licked his lips, glancing back up at the road. He wasn't sure how long had passed. Honestly, Bruce hadn't been paying that much attention. His thoughts wondered off, wondering which of the other Avengers would be there first and if he could expect any new faces.

"Tell me," he spoke up, deliberating on the thought for a moment before he continued. "Do you know who all is being called in on this?"

----[x]----

"Don't bother, Coulson," Tamara spoke, sliding into the middle seat. She neglected to buckle up, leaning back against the seat. "Something tells me Stark here likes big and flashy."

It wasn't exactly a secret. In fact, he had been the one to admit to being Iron Man in the first place. No, Tamara was merely speaking out in an attempt to bother the man for the time being. It seemed to be something that they both were attempting, however, to less than desirable degrees of success.

"How long a drive are we in for?" she question as Coulson settled into the driver's seat, starting up the engine.

Tamara pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail as she listened, the short strands falling out and framing her face.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:35 am

“From the little I know,” She began, taking a few right turns before heading straight down a desolate road, “We’re expecting all the members of the original group.”

She smiled glancing towards Bruce, “With a few fresh faces, as you can see.”

Off in the distance, large lights were glowing softly. They were extremely close to headquarters now, visible ahead was the security booth that closely resembled a toll booth. Men armed to the teeth standing guard inside.

---{X}---

“Not long at all, Ms. Stone.” Coulson answered, buckling himself up, “I actually just got off the phone with Ms. Romanoff, and she’s making her way to headquarters—“

He was cut off by a low whistle and a snap from the man seated besides him. Twisting in his seat, Tony faced Tamara.

“Wait a minute, rewind that,” He started, voice laced with snark, “Big and Flashy? Oh, Miss. Stone, you underestimate me.”
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 am

"Well, let's hope this doesn't end up as bad a chemical mix as it was last time," Bruce muttered to himself as Bernadette slowed the vehicle down for the security line.

It would take quite some time to get through it, he knew that much. S.H.I.E.L.D. was very particular about keeping security up and in line especially when it came to things such as this. As they were checked through Bruce did his best not to let his mind wander too far into what Loki might be doing now.

Instead he tried to focus on those he would be seeing again after so long. Unlike some of the others Bruce didn't always have the means to keep in contact with them all. It had been quite some time because of this.

----[x]----

Despite herself Tamara felt a smirk spread over her lips at Stark's answer. It was a little delayed, perhaps he hadn't much been listening to her and it had only just now sunk it. Either way, the look on his face amused her.

"Aw, well I can't say I'm sorry. You'll just have to find a way to prove me wrong," she answered.

For effect she reached out to patronizingly pat Stark on the cheek.

Tamara ignored the slight shake of the head from Agent Coulson. He seemed as if he might have been expecting something like this but had been hoping against it. Without asking Tamara couldn't be sure, however.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:15 am

Bernadette didn’t hear him, rolling down her window to speak with the security guard. Despite her constant running around for S.H.I.E.L.D. the two spoke with a very no nonsense air about them. In fact the tension between the two was palpable and slightly uncomfortable. Nothing was said casually and the guard seemed slightly on edge when talking with her.

She reached into her jacket pocket, taking a small badge no bigger than a license and handing it to the guard. He took it eagerly and quickly went to scan it back in the small booth. Reappearing, he held it back out to her, “Everything checks out, move along ma’am.”

“Thank you, sir.” She forced a smile and moved along through the gate, awaiting the next check point.

---{X}---

“I like a challenge, consider it accepted.” As he spoke he flipped back into his seat, a smug look gracing his features, “You haven’t seen anything yet.”

He turned his attention to Coulson, noticing the head shake, snickering slightly, “Speaking of flare and swag, who else is joining us this time around, Coulson?”

“You’ll find out soon enough,” Coulson stated, “We’ll be at Headquarters in less than an hour.”

“Don’t give me that, we’ve got some new meat mixed into this terrible stew,” Tony retorted, gesturing at Tamara, “I just want to know if the old crew is back together, Banner and Spangles and Legalous.”

Coulson sighed deeply before nodding, “Yes, the old crew is going to be there.”
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:52 am

Bruce was silent, listening in only when Bernadette and a guard would speak. It took several checkpoints until she was able to find a parking space and by that time Bruce was more than happy to get out of the little yellow car and stretch his legs again.

"Well, I can't really say I've ever been around this one," Bruce started a little uncertainly. "If you could lead the way...."

He trailed off, gesturing for Bernadette to do just that. Surely she would know where everyone was gathering at or at least who to ask. If he had to find out himself Bruce had no doubt that he would get lost.

----[x]----

"Well, no reason to keep them waiting," Tamara answered, hands resting on her thighs. "Put the peddle to the metal there, Coulson."

She was a speed demon and it often aggravated her when she was not allowed to drive. More often than not she thought everyone else drove too slowly for her tastes.

In the silence that followed, Tamara nodded her head towards Stark, watching him.

"Any chance I can convince you to build me a suit?" She gestured at her head with her hands, curving them back around to mimic ram horns. "Get me some goat horns and shit. I will literally be Aries the ram."
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 pm

"Of course," Bernadette locked her car and nodded towards a slender path way.

It lead from the parking lot to the sleek walk way that led into the building itself. The walk way itself was covered by a glass dome that kept the path dry and secluded.

"After the last incident, Fury thought a non-stationary base would be a lovely alliterative."

---{X}---

"Well, there goes my first ice breaker," Tony stated, sarcastically, turning back towards Tamara, "Really though, a suit?"

He turned back around, tapping his hand against his knee before speaking, "No offensive intended Ramsie, but a suits pretty up there price wise. I'm willing to do something simple, though, say belt buckle?" He turned back, "How's that sound, Ramsie?"

Coulson, not bothering to inform the two that they have arrived on S.H.I.E.L.D soil, began the tedious task of getting through security. As the two talked he zoomed through as fast he could.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 pm

"That's probably for the best," Bruce said, recalling the incident last time. It had been a disaster and had nearly resulted in all of them crash-landing.

Bruce followed Bernadette and she lead them through the hallways. Many faces greeted them, glancing over before turning back to their prior jobs. Occasionally he would wave hesitantly at someone who held his gaze.

Finally they came to a room, Bruce following inside. Two occupants were already there. A smile spread over Bruce's face as he nodded to Clint and Steve.

"Good to see I'm not the only one here."

Steve stood, reaching for Bruce's hand to shake. "Nice to see you again, Professor Banner."

"Likewise," Bruce nodded. "I take it we're the only ones here so far?"

Steve took notice to the fact that Bruce still appeared awkward, sheepish even. He rubbed his hands, glancing about for something or other. Steve nodded in answer.

"It would seem that way." He paused, turning to smile at the woman at Bruce's side. He hadn't seen her before and it wouldn't do to ignore her just because of it. He held out his hand, a little awkwardly.

"I'm Steve Rogers, ma'am. Who might you be?"

----[x]----

"Ramsie?" Tamara echoed, brow raised. "That the best ya got?"

She scoffed, running a hand over her mouth. She hadn't thought that she'd get a positive answer but still....

"Screw your belt buckle," she answered, tapping her finger against her knee. Tamara glanced about, taking note of security that they had passed by. Agent Coulson seemed to be intent on getting them there in a hurry. It wouldn't be much longer now when they reached the HQ's parking lot.

"Man, and here I was gettin' all excited for nothin'."

She shook her head again for effect, tossing Tony a look.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 am

Watching the two interact with a rather curious expression, Bernadette noticed just how timid Bruce was despite speaking with someone he knew. Attention turned to her, she held out her hand to shake the mans before her;

“Bernadette Jereatt,” She smiled politely, giving his hand a brief shake, “It’s nice to meet you, Captain.”

Like most of the agents running around for Nick Fury, word of the man frozen in time was common knowledge. Even though few had actually met the man himself, just about everyone knew enough about him. With the exception of Agent Coulson, a devoted fan of Captain America, who happened to know more than enough.

She let her hand fall back to her side before greeting Clint in a more casual manner, “Hello there, Clint.”

Clint nodded his head briefly in her direction, "DeeDee, Banner."

---{X}---

“Tell you what, little lamb,” He ignored her first remark regarding the nickname, and spoke with a serious expression that his tone betrayed.

Tony gestured to his head, hands mimicking the horns she had previous, “I’ll meet you half way, fashion a helmet to protect your noodle.”

Coulson, getting through the last security checkpoint, pulled into one of the parking spots reserved for the agents and parked.

“Well,” He interrupted, clicking his seatbelt off, “We’re here, Ms. Stone.”

“Oh, punchbug.” Tony remarked, pointing at the bright yellow vehicle from across the parking lot, and immediately tapping Coulson in the shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Steve glanced about himself at the small group. So far they needed Natasha and Tony and the original group would be back. But with Bernadette about did that mean he could expect new faces as well?

"So can I take it we've got a few new soldiers joining us this time?" he questioned, looking at Bernadette.

"It would seem that way," Bruce spoke up, also glancing at the young woman. "Though I can't say how many there will be."

Steve hummed in thought at that, nodding his head. How many would there be? Would they have problems like they had the first time around? That thought worried Steve a little. He'd rather not see that happen again.

"Any idea how many?"

----[x]----

Tamara was quiet for a moment, taking in his offer, if it was one. She couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. Her leg bobbed up and down as Agent Coulson pulled them through the last checkpoint.

"Show me some blueprints and we'll talk," she answered finally, tossing him an appraising look.

In the garage Tamara raised a brow, watching Stark take out what she had heard of as a driving game of some sort. Typically she had heard people outright punched each other. She shook her head, letting herself out of the sleek, black car.

Tamara didn't get the game.

Rolling her shoulders she turned to Coulson, nodding to him. "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am

“No clue,” Bernadette started, shrugging her shoulders back.

She contemplated the idea of additional members to the original Avengers
initiate. Off the top of her head she could think of a few people who may or may not be involved.

“As far as I know, it won’t be anyone I’m familiar with.” She admitted, “So the old group won’t be the only ones in the dark.”

---{X}---

“Right this way,” Coulson stated, quickly exiting the vehicle.

Tony did the same, regarding the building with a rather curious look, “Love what you’ve done to the place, nothings more threatening than a building that can’t fly.”

Coulson ignored to the remark, gesturing to a door with a keypad under the handle, “Once we’re inside Director Fury will give the group a briefing.”

He turned his back to the two, typing in the code for the door. Within seconds it made a low beep and clicked open.

“After you.”

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Steve nodded, taking in her answer. They would just have to wait until everyone was gathered and Director Fury could brief them. He hoped it would not take too long. With Loki out and about any sort of chaos and destruction could happen while they were still regrouping.

"Well, while we wait we can try to get to know each other a bit better," Steve offered politely. He knew the original Avengers and didn't want to leave Bernadette feeling so lost and awkward. She looked like she had things on her mind that she wasn't sure about voicing, after all.

"What do you do around here?"

Steve waited politely as Bruce began observing their surroundings, still rubbing his hands together nervously.

----[x]----

Tamara scoffed, a little amused at Stark's attitude about the grounded HQ. She wouldn't let him know that she thought it funny, however. He didn't need any more of a swelled head.

Tossing him a look she was quick to reply, "coming from the man who had to fix the flying HQ I would think you would think this less of a hassle."

Of course, she was speaking about the man who lived to show off. Perhaps he rather liked the idea of a flying building.

Nodding to Agent Coulson Tamara made her way inside, stopping briefly only to allow Coulson to take the lead again. She could hear a few voices up ahead. How many of them were already gathered? She supposed she would find out in a moment.

[[OOC: I hope you don't think I was intentionally avoiding this. I got stuck on what to reply with for the past few days and had to force a reply to keep it going today. Rip 2 ]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm

“It varies really,” She stated, a sheepish smile on her face now that the attention was turned to her. She never really was a wallflower, but something about this man was rather intimidating. Perhaps it was his friendly attitude and piercing eyes, yeah that sounds about right.

“As an agent for Director Fury I do a lot of running around, nothing out of the states though.”

She paused then, curious as to what her involvement for this mission could really be. Her thoughts were interrupted by a feminine voice greeting them.

“Hello everyone,” Agent Natasha Romanoff spoke kindly if not a little distantly, “Glad to see I’m not too late, anyone know where Stark and Fury are?”

----{X}----

“That’s beside the point, little lamb, grounded base means more ease of access for our agents and enemies.” Tony stated, eyeing the interior of the building as he spoke, “Besides, it just isn’t as badass as a flying base, is all.”

“Sometimes it helps to be a little bit more functional, Stark.” Agent Coulson replied, leading the two down the long hall way.

Up ahead was a pair of large double doors, a key pad to the left of it and a rather imposing sign over the door. It read, Conference Room, Do not Enter when Sign is Blinking.

Looks like the three were fashionably late to the gathering.

{{OOC: Oh not at all! I completely understand Hatter uvu take as much time as you need ouo }}

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:05 am

Steve nodded, taking in what Bernadette had said. Was it just him or was she a little nervous talking to him? Steve couldn't see why she would be. Still, he wouldn't push the issue. That would just make her shy away further.

He blinked, turning to view Miss Romanoff enter the room. She was as confident as ever, already dressed in her 'suit.'

"Presumably on their way," Steve answered, glancing at the only other door that lead out of this one.

"Stark's been a flashy fellow, no doubt he prefers to be 'fashionably late,'" Bruce pointed out lightly, nodding a greeting to Miss Romanoff.

"Well, I can certainly attest to that," Tamara answered as they entered, just catching the tail end of one of the men's statements. She spared a glance around, tacking on names to familiar faces she had seen through files before hand.

"No Director Fury?" she inquired, glancing about. "How unlike him."

"Unless he feels that some of us would have been harder to gather," the same man as before spoke up, rubbing his hand. He smiled politely to Tamara and she nodded back.

Tamara placed her hands on her hips, snorting softly.

"Just great," she scoffed. "And here I was hoping to get things kick started."

[[OOC: Thank ya, thank ya~. Consider the same sentiment extended to you as well. :3]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:33 pm

“Patience is a virtue,” Bernadette stated softly, eyeing the two newest arrivals. She’d heard of Stark before, just about everyone knew him, but this woman was new to her. She had to admit, she was feeling a tad uncomfortable around so many new faces and wanted to make a good first impression, “I’m Bernadette.”

“It doubles as a vice,” Stark commented, he seemed confident in his reply, as if he’d know from experience, “Ironman, it’s a pleasure, Bernadette, or as the French would say, enchante.”

“Fury said he’d be coming in once he got more information on the matter.” Coulson spoke calmly to the room of people, ignoring some wide-eyed stare coming from Roger’s direction, “I’m sure he’ll be in shortly to give you all the briefing.”

“What exactly is the matter?” Clint questioned from his perch besides the conference table, “Agent Hill called me saying Loki was back. I started looking forward to some pay back.”

{{OOC: Sorry for delay uvu studies and what not, I did think up a pretty cool force for Loki to control though, I think it would make a really interesting story line c: }}
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Steve shook his head. It was good to see everyone back together, even if they had to accommodate two new faces. It didn't seem to be provoking any arguments of the sort, however, so he made no mention of this.

"Well, let's hope Director Fury doesn't keep us waiting, huh?" Steve noted conversationally, sparing a smile towards Bernadette. She seemed a little nervous and he wanted to make sure that she knew there was no need to be, not at the moment, at least.

Rubbing a hand over his mouth, Bruce continued to pace a little. He'd feel better when he was able to put his mind to something productive. Waiting like this? It left his mind open to too many thoughts and possibilities as to what Loki was up to at the moment.

"Yes, that would be wonderful in itself," he murmured, nodding to Steve.

He spared a half-smile around at all of them next. "I can only hope my skills can be useful again and not just the other guy's...."

Tamara spared a glance towards Clint, code-named Hawkeye. She had glimpsed him around before, on guard duty from time to time when S.H.I.E.L.D. was transporting important, dangerous artifacts though this was rare.

"I'm not sure if any of us can really answer that," she said slowly, mulling it over. Her arms remained crossed over her chest. "We were just kind of gathered on the fly it seems."

At that point the door slid open, drawing her attention to it. Inside strode Director Fury, his coat trailing along after him, bouncing along his calfs as he walked.

"Good to see you all made it," Fury started, hands clasped behind his back when he came to a stop. A screen on the wall nearby flickered to life though it had no images to display over it just yet.

"I'm sure you're all curious as to what Loki might be up to."

Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 pm

With a smile and a nod of agreement in Steve's direction, Bernadette turned to Bruce, adding a little of her own input, "I think the other guy is just as useful as you, Bruce. I know it probably doesn't seem that way to you, but," She smiled politely, "I can understand your indifference towards him."

"Well, Agent, judging by the forces brought in," Natasha gestured towards both Bernadette as she spoke to Tamara, "We can expect something big." She added nonchalantly, "Why else would S.H.I.E.L.D add to the Avengers?"

Before Clint could respond, Tony added with a light air of humor, "Yeah, shame the bad guys never phones any of us ahead of time. Make our lives a little bit easier." He paused, gesturing to Clint, "Oh that's right, you hit for both teams, forgot about that."

"You're hilarious, Stark." Clint stated, focus shifting from Tamara to Fury as he made his entrance, "How much do we know this time, Fury? I don't want to be shooting in the dark like last time."

Clint was referencing the mishap that had happened last time Loki reared his head, no one knew who he was and no one was prepared for the havoc he caused. Unlike now, everyone had been informed prior to any attacks so, they could have the upper hand here.

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Fury shook his head, taking to observing everyone in the room as they spoke. It seemed everyone wanted the information that S.H.I.E.L.D. had gleaned on Loki since his return to Earth. Sadly, it wasn't much. Loki seemed intent on being more covert this time around. Whatever he had planned it didn't look like he had the necessary means to put it into action yet.

"All we've managed to find out about him this time around is that he's favored staying near the coast."

There were a multitude of looks around the room at this information. Raise or furrowed eyebrows, inclined heads - everything that they all shared in common was that they were all confused. Why would Loki need to stay near the coasts? It was a little disconcerting to wonder what he might have planned if it involved the ocean.

"So... what? He's got some army of critters under the sea?" Bruce ventured, glancing around.

It was a stretch, though he had to admit that no one knew just what all the oceans held on Earth alone. On top of that Loki had managed to bring an alien race to try and decimate Earth's population the last time around. It wasn't too much to say that he might have done it again.

Bruce's gaze shifted to the brunette stranger, the one that had arrived with Tony. Her head inclined momentarily as she folded her arms over her chest. "So, this creep's possibly got a legion of mermaids on his side? ... Seems legit."

Steve had to resist shaking his head at the mermaid comment. He had expected something like that from Stark though it seemed that the woman that had arrived with him had beaten Stark to the punch. Steve wondered how well it would be to have two callous, snarky individuals on the team. He pushed the thought away as quickly as it arrived, however.

"Do we not know anything else? No obvious movements? No one he's meeting with or searching for?"

They were basic questions but at least it would help them all get more information in the long run. No one wanted a repeat of the last time. It had been disastrous at points.

"I'm afraid not," Fury relented, watching them all carefully.

Many of them had grown as friends in the last instance they had been gathered but that didn't mean that they didn't have a few troublemakers in their midst. Any insufficient data could rub anyone of them the wrong way.

"Whatever Loki has planned he's keeping his cards close to his chest."

"So we're expected to sit back and wait for him to make a move?" Tamara questioned, a brow raised. She had never been one to like sitting back and waiting around for something like this. If she was hired she wanted to get out and get things done. It was how it always had been.

Sometimes she was forced to sit back and do the opposite, however.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm

"There isn't much we can do if Loki keeps up this reclusive act." Natasha commented, regarding Tamara as she spoke, "Besides try to get as much information as we can."

Frankly, Natasha was a little weary of this agents attitude; she seemed a little to ready to run in to battle, guns a blazin'. A little enthusiasm did have a tendency to go a long way here. She cast a sideways glance at Bruce.

Tony smirked lightly at Tamara's response, who knew she'd have some sass to her otherwise all business appearance. Of course, he personally would have added how Loki himself was already pushing the Little Mermaid bill. Something about all that gold on green and that God awful staff of his.

"So, you're saying Loki's keeping to his shell then, Fury?" Tony added, a little intrigued at the thought. Something seemed dangerously off about that.

"After all that drama for an audience last time? Doesn't seem like him." Clint mused, noticing the oddity of a situation this time around.

He gestured towards Tony, "He went one on one with our self proclaimed fearless leader, he had the balls," Clint nodded to the ladies of the Avengers, "Pardon my French, to verbally and mentally abuse a good handful of us and he managed to make every little thing about him."

"What are you saying?" Natasha asked, eyebrow raised.

"I'm saying I don't buy this act," Clint looked to Coulson, "How did we find this out? We have cameras on every coast, or something?"

"We've asked our Intel about that, they're stumped so far for a motive," Coulson started, "Besides the obvious, of course, hiding what ever he's planing close to the coast."

"The sea though," Bernadette chipped in, breaking her silence after listening intently to everyone, "Who knows what he could have lurking, no one even knows all that live down there."

That thought alone bothered her deeply, anything could be hiding down beneath the blue, and they'd be non the wiser to its existence. Which brings out another question, how had S.H.I.E.L.D. found information at all.

"What if this isn't unlike him? What if he's giving out hints with out spoiling the show." She suggested finally.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm

"That's exactly what we're worried about," Fury mentioned, glancing between Bernadette and Natasha. Both had picked up on the most worrisome aspects of the entire situation thus far. What was hidden in the ocean that Loki might be hinting at? "Whatever he's got in the ocean we haven't been able to pick it up yet."

"So, we have an enemy who likes to have an audience and he seems to be skirting around something big?" Steve ventured, glancing around.

This didn't sit well with him. Loki didn't seem the type to change his M.O., after all, and it looked like everyone in the room had come to that conclusion. He glanced over at Bernadette. She had a point as well, probably one of the best ones yet.

"Whatever he's got there he must be proud about it if he's already making sure our attention is being set on what's hidden out there."

Tamara shook her head, leaning back against the table. They were running around in circles with their questions. Until they found out what was out there that had Loki's attention on it or until he made a move they would be in the dark on this matter.

"I think it's safe to say that whatever it is it'll be able to come up on land at some point," she mentioned.

Nearby Bruce nodded, still playing with his own hands. At the moment he had taken to tapping his knuckles into the palm of the opposite hand. "Miss.... ah?" He paused, gesturing to Tamara for a name.

"Aries."

"... Aries... then, has a point. I don't think he'd resort to something that would be stuck in the ocean."

Fury was quick to speak up before Stark or Stone could make a comment about a kraken or a giant squid being at Loki's disposal. They didn't need such distractions so often during this conversation. It was a conversation that needed to be taken seriously.

"We have Intel out working as we speak to scan for what's out there but given that we can't scour the entire depth of the ocean we're left blind on this as it is."

As he spoke he was beginning to sound more and more aggravated. He did not like being at a loss for information. The council would be breathing down his neck again soon. That was the last thing he needed. They had nearly taken out Manhattan as it was the last time.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

The group was silent for a moment, pondering just what to do with such a mysterious enemy led by a sociopath like Loki. Surely, there was more the Avenger's could do to get more information on the matter.

"This could be dangerous if he can retreat back to the sea," Clint stated finally, "If he sees that we're wiping him out he'll just jump right back in and wait for us to let our guard down."

"He's right," Bernadette agreed, crossing her arms, "If he sees things go sour he'd be foolish not to back down."

"Knowing Loki, and speaking from experience here, he'd be too stubborn to realize when to retreat."

Tony nodded towards Bruce, "Remember the Stark Tower incident? Probably need a repeat of that."

"You really think he'd put himself at risk instead of swallowing his pride and backing down?" Bernadette retorted, lips pursed and brow raised.

"He's done it before, what's stopping him now, French Fry?" Tony looked over towards Fury, gesturing from Tamara and Bernadette, "Question, why are we bringing in new blood anyways? We took him on before, I think I speak for all of us when I say we can tackle him again."

"Fury," Natasha interpreted, fed up with all this going back and forth, "What do you need us to do?"

As far as infultraitors go, Agent Romanov was one of the best if not the best. If they were planning on spending their time wandering about the coast looking for bubbles in the water, she'd have to pass.

Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Tamara couldn't help but to smirk in Stark's direction. He seemed just a little affronted at the idea of 'new blood' in the group. Perhaps he was thinking that Fury was underestimating their ability and power this time around.

"What's the matter, Stark? Worried I'll step in on your glory?" she goaded lightly, brow raised.

"Can we not have a competition here?" Steve interrupted, glancing between the two.

The last thing that they needed was a new set of arguments arising with Aries and Bernadette on the team. He had to admit that at least Bernadette wasn't so keen on goading others. This Aries? It looked like she and Tony might make some sort of a competition out of things. Something like that could quickly turn sour and Steve would rather it not come to that.

"They are here because they have shown a bit of promise," Fury interrupted as well, his tone of voice not one to be trifled with. They need to stay on track and with this large of a group things could easily be derailed. "The extra pair of hands and eyes might come in handy considering the situation, don't you think?"

He stared around at them all with his one good eye, waiting for any sort of argument. Bruce raised his hand, stepping forward a little as he glanced around at everyone.

"As Natasha asked that doesn't explain what you'll need to have us do," Bruce pointed out, receiving various nods from people.

Director Fury nodded, heaving a deep sigh. "That pertains to your unique abilities and skills." He held up a hand at Steve's confused look. "Granted, some of you might have to sit and wait around until the fight starts. Any ability to track needs to be put to use and I shouldn't have to mention who all can do that."

It grew silent at that. Indeed, many of the group in the room had the ability to track or locate information or a person. The skills were different but with them all combined they might gather various pieces that would lead to the bigger picture. Others, still, would be forced to sit it out until they were needed.

"If that is all...?" Fury prodded, gesturing around the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}   {The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay} - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{The Avengers} Underneath it All {Open Roleplay}
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next