AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?   Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:44 pm

So, talking to Oki and our various games and the teams we have within it got me curious as to what everyone likes to use. Do they type specialize? Or do they use a variety of types?

In the past I used to have a variety myself until about the time I had Silver version for about a year and a half and I started type specializing for water-types. They could be very powerful Pokemon, some with high defense or high speed. They were rather versatile.

For years I didn't change this until recently, in the past two years.

Recently I've been using dark-types which I notice have a lot of sub-types which makes them versatile in use. It's very nice for when you need a change of strategy. I noticed I got all the variety I would have otherwise without stepping away from the dark-type Pokemon.

Electric-types ended up powerful and had very amazing speed stats more often than not. It made them very easy to work with and I had breezed through White version when I had an all electric team there.

So far, this is what teams I have for each game so far:

Silver: ---
FireRed: needs restarted
SoulSilver: needs restarted
Platinum: needs restarted
Black: Dragon/Steel - just started
White: needs restarted
Black 2: Dark/Electric
White 2: not yet owned

What about everyone else? What types do they prefer and specialize in? Why do you feel that way? I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on why they use what they do.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?   Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

I've always had a Fire starter, no matter what game I've played uvu although I do think the dragon and psychic pokemon are pretty rad. I'd say a hodgepodge of pokemon types for me, except for my main which is always a Fire type.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
Tyriant
Tyriant

DigiPartner : Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? 013Calumon
PokéPartner : Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? 547

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?   Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm

I usually go through the general play-through with a variety of types on my main team. During the main storyline I focus more on type balance and move balance as well as stats. But after I beat the main story line I usually build specialized teams based on either stats or types for wifi battles or just for fun.

For B2 I was thinking about building a Dragon-Steel type mix. Because I have my two favorites available to me now. Metagross and Flygon.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?   Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:51 am

I do both but you obviously know that. I've made separate teams as well, for Global Battles and in game battling, so I at least have type advantage at some points in Global Battles.

I like working with 'under dog' Pokemon though, like Flying and Grass types. Because screw what other people think! If you know how to use them, they're great Pokemon to have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?   Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: Type Specialize or Variety?
Page 1 of 1