AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 509

{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Opelia didn’t seem to have any objections about at least trying to adjust. With that Cyril could breath easier, if she wasn’t being contrary than Cyril would have little to worry about. Despite Ophelia’s obvious concerns she would grow used to all of this in time, everyone did when moved into a new location. Though her own situation might be unique she was not exempt from this.

At the offer of heading to the Golden Horn to see about a quieter area Ophelia seemed favorable about this. Cyril spared her a smile in return, gesturing her to follow. Perhaps the area would be calming to her.

“It will not be too long of a walk,” Cyril promised. He couldn’t be sure that she’d remembered the time it took to get from the ferry to the church the first time around. “You will find that the crowds will thin as we go as well.”

This seemed to be all he needed to tell her to perk Ophelia up just a little. In a way it was a little amazing how easy it was. This was a thought that Cyril kept to himself.

“Surely there is something that you’ve come to like about Constantinople however,” he prodded. “It cannot be all that bad.”

----[x]----
Aceline found she was uncomfortable standing here, listening to mother and son speak like this. They were clearly accommodated to this sort of lifestyle, living with little to worry about money-wise. The thought of that was foreign to Aceline, unsure of how anyone went about so comfortably without that sort of worry.

The talk about Vali’s father, whatever his name was, didn’t settle her either.

”I am sure she is not nearly as bad as you say,” Crina joked. “There’s little to worry about.”

Aceline remained quiet still. What was she able to add to this conversation? In her eyes, nothing. It almost sounded like they were talking about her like she wasn’t there, making things all the more awkward for her. Even if she had something to say about this Aceline wasn’t sure there’d have been an opening for her to do so.

It wasn’t until Vali spoke to her did Aceline start, only now aware that she’d taken to clasping her elbow in hand then. It was a little strange to see Vali smiling at her now after they’d been snitting at each other all day. ’Is it really that obvious I’m uncomfortable…?’ The question went unanswered.

“If you say so,” Aceline muttered. She couldn’t be sure about everyone here being a Templar but they had to know something if they were so willing to let her stay here. That thought alone was one that left her wary, feeling more out of place than before.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 pm

The smile, small as it was, was a comfort for her. Cyril wasn't a bad man. Templar or not, he was doing what he could. He made suggestions and offered advice. Her worries would lessen in time.

At least the crowds would thin out as they got closer to the Golden Horn. The hustle and bustle of this place was overwhelming. Culture shock was one thing, this was something entirely different.

"I can't complain about that," she answered.

She liked the church for that. While several resided there, it was quiet and less crowded. She trusted his word that the Golden Horn was the same.

He spoke up about what she might like of this place. Ophelia couldn't really say. Honestly, she'd seen little of it as it was. Even before they were found, she was focused on her worries and staying out of sight. Living in the time she did, where technology was always available made it harder tor relate to this place.

Eventually, she offered a small shrug in answer. "The sights are pretty," she could only offer in answer, "I can't say I've seen enough to say what I may or may not like about it. The most I've paid mind to was the church and that was only because we were safe."

----[x]----

Aceline still looked at odds with the situation. No doubt for a long while she would be. Vali wasn't sure how much time would take to sway her views. With the way she acted, it could be months.

Vali's mother reassured him that things would be fine. He didn't doubt that. He at least trusted Aceline to be polite to the woman. She couldn't be so bad that his father would get involved. At least, he tried to convince himself that was the case.

"Come now," he tried to lighten her mood, "No need to look so out of place. I can have someone make you something to eat if you will not look yourself."

The food in the church was not that exciting. A bit of fruit here and there, some bread along with it, sustained most seeking sanctuary. It wasn't as if many of those people resided in the church for weeks on end as she and Ophelia had.

Already, he was motioning to one of the works to do so. Something in her would make her comfortable. She might need to rest after the travel here, after all. Vali would give her that time to eat and sleep.

"Perhaps it is best that you meet my father later anyways," he brought up, "He is strictly business. I would prefer to speak with him about your presence here first."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Just the very mention that the crowds would not be so thick as they headed towards the Golden Horn was enough to pick her mood up. Cyril resisted a shake of his head at that; really, Ophelia was much easier to make content than he’d have expected. With the odd bit of technology he’d had in his possession that had once been hers he could only guess what else she’d left behind. Because of that Cyril would have thought it’d taken more effort.

’No need to look a gift horse in the mouth,’ he reminded himself. After that Cyril said, “So long as you keep your head down there will be no trouble.”

It was her eyes that would be the cause of such things and if she grew her bangs out she could more easily hide them. Cyril wasn’t sure if she’d agree to that however. Her hair was chopped short for a woman’s and it made it hard for her to glance around without possibly alerting those nearest to them in a crowd.

He listened, as she mentioned not having seen much of the city yet. It was an unnecessary thing to point out, of course Cyril knew that much.

“When you’ve decided what you do or don’t like you will have to make it a point to let me know,” Cyril told her simply.

In the meantime the crowds around them had already begun to thin, as he’d promised. This made it easier for her to glance around without the nearest people to them glimpsing the color of her eyes.

----[x]----
Crina didn’t seem to have much more to say to Aceline for the time being. Dismissing herself, Crina told them, “I will trust that you will be in competent hands with my son for the time being. There are other matters I must attend to for now.”

Aceline barely had time to spare a nod in Crina’s direction before she’d moved back to the group of servants she’d been presumably instructing before hand. Aceline shook her head. Crina looked like she was a busy woman, or at least she seemed like it for now.

Vali was urging her to poke around for something to eat though it must have been clear that Aceline was out of her element here. He was already gesturing for someone nearby that had overheard them to see to it for her, leaving Aceline to shuffle her weight awkwardly. This was all very strange to her. It had been enough to make her feel out of place with all of the décor but now that she saw these people working for such a small family it really drove it home.

“I am out of place here,” she protested half-heartedly. Aceline didn’t feel a need to point out just how many ways that was true.

She shook her head, listening as Vali spoke again. It seemed he felt it was best if he spoke to his father first though Aceline couldn’t be sure as to why. Perhaps her assumption that everyone knew of her arrival here might have been just that.

“If you say so,” she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:38 pm

The walk was a little slow though she didn't mind it. The way Ophelia's heart was fluttering already, moving too quickly would only make it worse. The heat didn't help but for the time being, she tried to ignore it.

Once more, she was reminded of her eyes. She ducked her head a little. She wasn't exactly ashamed of the idea of having red eyes. They were just strange. She'd always met people's gazes when she spoke with them, so it was going to be difficult to break the habit.

"I'll try to remember that," she answered, "It won't be easy to break old habits."

If anything, the crowds were thinning out. She could hear the sound of water lapping up against the docks. Somehow it was a comforting sound. Without being on a ship, she didn't mind the water so much.

"Hmmm," she hummed in response, "Well, is there any place where I could see the stars easy? It was always hard to see them where I lived. Too much light or it was cloudy. If anything at all, it'd give me something to do."

Ophelia didn't anticipate sleeping well through the days she was alone. If she was disturbed in her sleep or couldn't manage it at all, watching the stars might be comforting for her.

----[x]----

Aceline wasn't looking too confident anymore. Honestly, Vali took a little relief in that. He had figured nothing shook the women. Instead, he was finding the opposite. She was out of her element and without her friend as well. That would be jarring to anyone.

"Well, you will grow used to it in time," he answered her, "With enough patience, I'm sure you can call this place home."

Of course, he could only tell with time. Vali would not be here all of the time. He did have missions that he had to run. He would leave his family to watch over her during those times. His hope was that she grew comfortable when he was away.

What she said next was a tad glum. She would understand in time when she met his father herself. He wasn't exactly going to allow the rebellious type go unchecked in his home.

Instead of saying this however, he merely waved her words off. "Perhaps after you have eaten, we might wander a bit more. I will show you some areas that you might enjoy."

If anything, that would give her something to do. He couldn't quite say he knew many of her hobbies. If she kept silent about them, he couldn't offer much in ways to keep her content.

"I can provide you parchment and paper if you need it as well," he said, "You can send word to your friend whenever you wish."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:40 pm

They walked at an even pace, the one that Cyril set for them. At his reminder Ophelia had ducked her head a little and he had to wonder if she’d forgotten already. He did shake his head at that. If she wasn’t careful things could go bad quickly.

Instead of going on about that however he kept quiet on the matter. He couldn’t be sure but he’d rather not risk Ophelia getting rebellious because he nagged at her about something simple like keeping her eyes hidden. That could come later, when she was more at ease without her friend around.

It was quiet for some time until Ophelia spoke up about stargazing. He glanced at her, eyebrow raised. He couldn’t imagine being in a place so bright at night that one could not see stars in the sky.

“All you need do is look out your window at night,” Cyril pointed out. ’Had she never done that since being here?’ “Unless, of course, you want to be some place higher, in which case you might need to go about seeking such a place out.”

The Golden Horn was in view now, past the last few rows of buildings, glinting in the sunlight. It wasn’t a terribly exciting view, not to Cyril. He’d seen it more times than he could care to count now. Still, Ophelia might like seeing the other end of the Constantinople across the murky, brown waters.

----[x]----
Aceline didn’t know what the deal was with everyone here being so sure she’d grow to call this place home. Did they really expect her to stay here that long for it to even happen? She shook her head in answer, seeing no need to say anything else. She had a feeling Vali would just find a way to argue against it.

Eventually Vali took to waving away her words and took to offering her something at least. Aceline shook her head, more out of disbelief than in denial. ’And write what?’ She wasn’t sure what she could write to Ophelia to make sure she stayed calm in that church.

“Maybe later,” she finally answered.

Entertaining any hobbies or writing to Ophelia weren’t a top priority at this moment, at any rate. Aceline knew very little about this family, about how they expected others to act or how they ran things, much less knew what all this big place held. She’d rather know more about any of that before she could even think to try to get comfortable with this lot life had thrown at her.

It was quiet for some time after that while the guy that Vali had sent off to find and prepare her something to eat worked. Aceline didn’t mind that quiet between them too much, it gave her the time to sort out her thoughts further. It seemed like all too soon that the man—Aceline would need to try to ask around for names—had returned with a bowl of something or other. She couldn’t begin to identify what it was but it at least didn’t smell horrible.

She managed to mutter her thanks before the guy had left, back to whatever else he did around here for a living. Even then Aceline didn’t eat right away, instead poking at the food before taking a tentative bite. At least bread, fruit and vegetables she could easily identify. This was something that took more preparation.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 pm

The thinner crowds had helped enough. Still, she tried to keep her head ducked and her eyes out of view. She couldn't exactly know how red the iris's were. If they were dark, they wouldn't be so noticeable. The way Cyril pointed out to keep her eyes downcast though told her otherwise.

The answer to her question was simple. She could stick her head out the window but at times, it wasn't very comfortable. She got tension headaches as it was.

"Could I climb on the roof?" she asked after a moment, "Probably not..."

Ophelia wasn't much of a climber but she could manage. Getting on the roof and getting back down would be troublesome. She doubted she'd be allowed to push her boundaries however.

"I mean, not too far," she pushed, "I don't want to push the boundaries."

Ophelia glanced around the area. In the day, it was a little bit pretty. She liked the sound of the water especially. With the crowds thinned out and the daylight glittering on the water, it really was a nice place.

----[x]----

Despite his offer, she didn't appear pleased or at ease with it. Vali would push it off for the moment. He could only do so much for her. If she accepted them, that was fine. If not, he could only hope she would come around in time.

He could only offer her so much given the conditions. He understood that she might have been worried. In time, he hoped that worry would ease.

"If you are certain," he answered, "I will collect the letter in time, if you do write to her."

At least in that way, the both of them would be put a little at ease. The usual symptoms of the misfortune children had yet to show. For now, he took relief in that. He could only imagine what might happen later on down the road when the both of them began to have supposed visions.

The quiet between them was back. Aceline didn't seem comfortable with conversation with him. If it was someone else, she might work out of her shell a little more.

Eventually, the man he'd sent out to fetch her something to eat returned. Even then, she looked apprehensive to even eat. Vali hummed at a little at that.

"I assure you, there's nothing in it that will be of any harm," he brought up, "Unless you are merely wary of what is normal in terms of food here."

They still had a little to do. Vali wouldn't rush her but at the same time, the hesitance she showed a tad annoying. He didn't comment on it. As far as he knew, she might have just had an upset stomach.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:33 pm

It did not take Ophelia long to wonder about climbing the roof of the church. Cyril raised an eyebrow at this. Did she not take churches seriously or was it something else? Perhaps things had changed in the centuries that would pass. It was all so hard to wrap his head around.

“I would not,” Cyril advised. “Many people would look down upon such activities on a building meant for worship.”

It wasn’t like Cyril would mind, he had no religious ties anymore but he needed to play the part and keep Ophelia out of trouble. The less she had people suspicious of her and her future behaviors the better. Still, she seemed to be growing restless if this was any indication. ’Is this going to be a rising trend?’ The thought wasn’t one that Cyril could shake.

Ophelia had grown quiet as they reached the Golden Horn’s edge. The sound of water was more prevalent here, less chitter chatter to distract one from such things. Cyril preferred the quiet here rather than the bustle of the inner city. Still, he could not deny that the very bustle that gave him a headache nowadays was what helped him move without suspicion when he was busy.

“Perhaps there are other things that might be less dangerous to your wellbeing that you’ll take to,” Cyril offered.

----[x]----
She poked at and stirred the contents of her meal curiously with the utensil that had been provided with the bowl. She couldn’t make heads or tails of it even then however. Vali must have been growing annoyed with this, or at least she guessed he was when he took to prodding at her about it.

“Don’t rush me,” she accused, shooting Vali a look for it. All the same she hesitantly took a bite, unsure about how it tasted.

The meal wasn’t a large one, clearly meant to just tide her over until an actual mealtime arrived. All the same it left her feeling satisfied for the time being even if she had no idea what she just ate. The best she could do was roll with it, even as someone came to take the dirtied dish and utensil from her before she could put it away to be cleaned. That was something that left her a little startled—she hadn’t thought anyone but Vali was actually paying her much attention. Maybe she’d been wrong…

With that done she turned to Vali, still feeling entirely out of place. Even in the clothes she’d been given weeks before she stood out here. These were less ornate and colorful compared to what Vali’s family and himself wore.

“Well, lead the way,” Aceline muttered.

It seemed to her that Vali looked pleased about finally getting a move on instead of standing about and trying to urge her to eat faster. In a way, she couldn’t fault him for that. It had to have been super boring.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 am

"I figured as much," she finally replied.

She would have been lucky if she could climb on the roof and watch the stars on her own. While it was dangerous and, in some regard, disrespectful, she would have loved to do it. Just once, even. It would have been nice.

Regardless of that thought, she quashed it. Cyril was already advising against it. She would obey if only to keep in good terms. She didn't want to do anything reckless and find out that Aceline had gotten some backlash as well.

Ophelia was quiet as she wandered closer to the docks. The water lapped up against them. A salty tang was in the air, rather unfamiliar to her.

"I'm suppose I'll have to," she finally answered, "Fortunately, I'm used to other things where I come from."

Entertainment was at a wider range and a lot of the hobbies she did have she wouldn't be able to practice here. She tried not to think about it too much. The few hobbies that could work in this time would hopefully be enough to tide her over.

----[x]----

She was quick to snap at him. Vali waved her off easily despite his annoyance. He didn't want to start anymore arguments for the day. For the time being, some peace would be nice.

"Please then," he said, "Continue."

Vali tried to resist pacing however. He wasn't one to hold still long. This kind of mission would be mundane for a while. Keeping an eye on Aceline would only do so much for him.

Eventually, she finished what she was offered. With the bowl set aside, she turned to him and prodded for him to led on. Vali took in her appearance for a moment before shaking his head.

"Perhaps you would like more comfortable clothes?" he inquired, "The ones Cyril provided were merely to make sure you blended in with the church. Something a little finer might make you look a little less...out of place."

He was well aware that she was out of place here. In time, she would grow a little more comfortable. He just had to be patient.

Already, Vali was leading her on. He would stop to get her some new clothes and let her change. No doubt his father would expect a little more from her. He wouldn't mention it for the time being. Aceline had enough on her shoulders already.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 am

It had grown quiet between them for a stretch of time. There was the chatter of those nearby though their conversation topics were indistinguishable from one another, especially with that of the lapping waves. It was a calm place and it seemed to help Ophelia’s nerves.

Cyril cast a glance around them, just in case. No one seemed to act as if they knew what Ophelia was and for that he was grateful. They didn’t need the harassment of others to add to this situation. As long as no one acted up and drew the attention of those patrolling the area it would remain a calm place.

Eventually she spoke again, mentioning other hobbies. This caught his attention, gazing at her though she didn’t seem to react to this. Eyebrow raised, Cyril gestured to her as if she could see the action before he spoke.

“And what other things held your attention, hmm?”

Perhaps if he knew those he could better accommodate her until she had more a more secure location to call home. Aceline had been easier to deal with if only because of Vali’s insistence on her behalf, Ophelia however… That was another matter entirely, especially when she was so inclined to keep the peace.

----[x]----
Despite gesturing for Vali to start them off to wherever he had to show her he remained standing in place. In fact, it looked to her like Vali was studying her, maybe sizing her up. Aceline crossed her arms, brow furrowing as she waited. It felt a little weird standing there like this though.

It was a relief when he spoke up though she wasn’t so sure about new clothes. Despite looking more out of place than she might otherwise be Aceline couldn’t be sure what kind of clothes they’d have tucked away that would fit her.

Aceline glanced down at herself regardless of her thoughts and feelings, picking at the hem of her sleeve. It was only when Vali had turned and started off did she stop this, quickening her pace to keep up. His stride was a long one and it looked to her like he even slowed his own pace just to make sure she could walk comfortably enough at his side.

“I get the feeling you’re going to wave away anything I say to that,” she pointed out eventually. A sigh followed this. “I guess as long as you’re not dressing me all up in yellow… or orange…”

She wasn’t exactly fond of the colors, only vary certain shades of them, and she doubted those shades were used often in bulk for clothing in this time. Any other color Aceline would make due with. Whatever other thoughts she had on the matter were put on hold when he arrived in a little out of the way room, rooting around in a nearby set of drawers. Aceline could only stand by awkwardly and wait, peering around him and trying to make out what he was rooting through.

Eventually he handed her a bundle of clothing and left her to change, closing the door behind him. She had no delusions about him waiting for her out there. Even then she’d taken the time to glance over the offered clothes before putting it on carefully, and inspecting herself further.

’Well, blue isn’t bad,’ she relented to herself. Only after did she emerge from the room, feeling a little self-conscious in the new clothing. This feeling only deepened when Vali turned to inspect how she looked, or at least that was the feeling Aceline got.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

She swallowed hard, glancing back toward him briefly. She should have been more careful about mentioning her hobbies. How was she supposed to explain technology anyways?

"It's nothing you can provide," she finally said. She felt nervous enough about this already, "Unless you have a stable nearby, there isn't much in the ways of hobbies that could be provided here."

Ophelia cleared her throat awkwardly, turning away. She knew between the two of them, they would be looking for information out of her. That was a lot on her shoulders already. While she wanted to keep both herself and Aceline safe, she wasn't sure how she felt about giving information away either.

"It's complicated," she finally said, "That's all."

Ophelia wasn't sure if that would be enough. She had no doubts that the topic would be pursued later even if it was put to rest now. That left her feeling a little uncomfortable.

----[x]----

It hadn't taken her long to figure out he'd been studying her. By all means, he wasn't making it subtle. The clothing she was wearing were unfitting. If anything, he would make sure she at least looked like she wasn't in a messy garb.

Vali had started off quickly. It wasn't long until he heard Aceline's footsteps following. She was already muttering to herself, particularly about colors that she didn't care for. Vali hummed briefly in response.

It only took him a bit of time before he grabbed something in blue and handed it to her. Vali waited outside as she changed. The house was quiet and it was somewhat an unsettling feeling to him.

Eventually she exited, shifting her weight awkwardly. He took her in, finding these clothes much nicer than the others. Vali nodded in approval.

"That looks much better," he answered, "Blue does not look bad on you. Much better then what you were in when we first met."

At least this way, she'd fit the part and his father might soften a tad more. The man had his stance on some women. Aceline would no doubt be any different. As long as she kept her head down and kept quiet, he was sure things would be fine.

"Perhaps we might wander a bit?" he suggested, "I can show you the library or the garden? These place, I am sure you might find some solace in."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 10:23 pm

When he prodded her further for information on what hobbies she’d had there was fear that darted over her face. This caused Cyril’s curiosity to grow. Perhaps her friend had instilled He caught the look on her face when she’d glanced at him, perhaps hoping that he hadn’t asked and that she’d misheard. At least, that was the interpretation Cyril took from the situation.

He shifted his weight, arms crossed over his chest as she took to carefully attempting to side step giving him an actual answer. The most he really learned was that she knew something about horses or at least thought that she did. Until Cyril could learn more about her he couldn’t be sure to her claim.

“I see,” he said though he had no intentions of letting this subject drop entirely. Later, when she was less spooked Cyril would broach the topic time and again. This sort of reaction was curious enough on its own without knowing where—or rather when—she was from.

Almost reluctantly he let his arms drop. If she acted this skittish whenever a topic broached the time she claimed to be from then Cyril would have no choice but to continue to pursue such things. She was a wealth of valuable information and he could not risk her letting information slip to any Templar enemies. She would remain in Templar care because of it.

It had grown quiet then. Cyril had no other things to say, his mind whirling with whatever Ophelia was hiding. It was odd to see this side of her when her friend was not around. She’d been compliant thus far. The change was rather unsettling.

----[x]----
It didn’t take Vail long to nod in what Aceline could only assume was approval and yet she still felt awkward. She’d taken to tugging at the collar of her new outfit. It wasn’t as itchy or stiff as the clothes Cyril had brought her but it wasn’t the softest thing Aceline had ever worn either. ’Just gonna have to get used to it,’ she thought.

That thought was forgotten as soon as Vali spoke however. Despite the cultural differences and knowing that Aceline couldn’t help but feel a little annoyed at the insult to her choice of clothes before now. It wasn’t something she could entirely shake off.

“What was wrong with my clothes?” she wondered. It didn’t look like she’d get an answer however as Vali gestured for her to follow.

Already he was mentioning places here she might enjoy. The thought that there was a library here was surprising and she couldn’t imagine what kind of books they kept here. Were any even in English? Aceline couldn’t be sure until se could poke around what they had stockpiled.

“I guess… You know this place best,” Aceline relented. If nothing else she could try to learn where everything was here.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Ophelia ducked her head again. It was almost like he was staring right through her. The pressure on her shoulders seemed to weigh more at that. Ophelia cleared her throat again, trying to ignore it.

His response was short and simple. Even as he started to walk again, he looked like he was brooding. Ophelia wasn't sure what to do. If she didn't cooperate, would Aceline pay for it? Even after he'd promised she wouldn't be hurt.

She finally heaved a sigh, shaking her head. Ophelia didn't want to spill anything but what if she had to? She'd rather not risk either of them being hurt.

"If I tell you anything at all, it'll have to be in private," she finally said, "And you can't tell Aceline that I told you anything. I don't want her to hate me."

Ophelia hoped that that would be enough. She would speak up on what they wanted to know, or at least some of it. If it kept the both of them safe, she would bend to their needs.

She just held out hope that she wouldn't regret this in time. It still weighed heavy on her shoulders days after she had said it. This kind of thing was too hard to ignore.

----[x]----

Vali had already started them off when she asked about her old clothing. The annoyance in her tone was apparent. He couldn't quite understand why she was so fond of that old garb.

"They were unflattering on you," he pointed out simply, "These suit your figure much better, I think."

Whether or not she took that comment as an insult remained to be seen. He wasn't looking to insult her anyways. Honestly, he'd meant those words as a compliment. She really did look better in them, at least in his opinion.

He glanced down at her again. She was a considerable shorter height then he was and scrawny too. He hummed slightly, his gaze shifting elsewhere.

"That is a compliment, you know," he said, "You do look nice."

He kept his pace then, wondering what was on her mind. Aceline had gotten quiet considerable throughout the rest of the walk. For all he knew, she was simply taking in the area around her. She would need to know it in the future when he wasn't around.

Vali kept up with what he had intended to show her. Certain areas, she might favor more than others. He allowed her some time in each to get a feel for the place.

In their silence, he pondered how things would go throughout the days. Would Cyril manage to get any valuable information or would her friend be difficult? What of Aceline herself? Would she allow anything to slip? These question bothered him.

He pushed them aside for now. Later, he would speak with his father. When he felt Aceline was a little more relaxed in the days to come, he would officially introduce her. He figured that would be the least stressful on everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Cyril had begun pacing nearby. While they were here for Ophelia to calm down it seemed to be having the opposite effect now. A shake of the head followed this observation; Cyril would have to calm the investigation for now.

Eventually he heard her sigh. It was a quiet sound compared to even the lapping of the waves. This noise did draw Cyril’s attention however and he glanced at her, eyebrow raised. She hadn’t faced him, not yet if she was planning to. ’What is on her mind?’ It was a thought that Cyril was finding increasingly common throughout the days.

Ophelia finally did speak up, explaining the situation to him. This only caused his curiosity to rise further. If it had to be mentioned in private than it had to be something important. ’This is a good start indeed,’ Cyril mused. Before Ophelia had been tight-lipped when the mention of her friend even came about, now she was actively willing to tell him things in confidence.

“I believe that can be an easy arrangement to make,” Cyril promised. “You are fretting too much about the little things.”

It was true in his eyes. If her friend came to detest Ophelia for helping the Templar cause then there as little that could be done about it. It was something that Ophelia would need to learn the hard way it seemed.

----[x]----
Vali hadn’t answered right away, instead starting them off and sparing her a glance. It was the sort of look that seemed to ask if she’d really said what she had. Because of these things Aceline hadn’t expected any kind of an answer from him, had resigned to that in fact. Surprise stole over her when he did speak up on the topic, a matter-of-fact tone to his voice.

Her frown deepened, glancing down at herself and picking at the waist of her borrowed clothes. She wasn’t the shapely short; her chest was average size for someone her height and her hips didn’t stick out in a flattering way. Really, the only time Aceline thought she really looked good was in more form-fitting clothes, the sorts she wore only when she was going out with friends or during special occasions. There wasn’t a point in trying to show off a figure like hers all the time—there was too much effort in that for her.

Her silence might have concerned Vali for he spoke up again, assuring her that he’d meant what he’d said as a compliment. There was a moment longer where Aceline didn’t answer, her hand falling to her side instead.

“Uh, thanks…” she finally answered.

It was easy to ignore most of the people they passed as Vali went about showing her the place. They kept to themselves and spared muttered greetings or a friendly nod and that was that before they went back to their jobs. It made it easier for Aceline to take in the rooms that Vali bothered to show her, taking in as much as she could. She just hoped she could remember where everything was.

The place was as big as it looked, maybe larger. All the same Aceline tried to pay attention whenever Vali mentioned what room this one was compared to that one. It seemed like there was a little bit of everything in here and it honestly baffled her a little. How they found anything at this rate was beyond her.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 pm

All of this weighed on Ophelia's shoulders more so then it should have. She didn't want Aceline finding out. Her friend hating Ophelia would hurt more then she wanted to think about.

"I fret over everything," she answered when he spoke, "This is no exception to the rule even if I wanted it to be."

When things like this got lodged into the back of her head, they stayed there. She couldn't just shake them off. She wished that wasn't the case.

"Anyways, she's always been rather loyal to the other side. She's not just going to give up information and I worry about her safety because of that," Ophelia glanced elsewhere at the admittance. Cyril claimed that they were both safe but Ophelia had trouble believing that, "If this is what it takes to ensure she'll be alright, I'll tell you what I can."

For now, it was the most she could do. At least, that's how she felt. Ophelia still wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing. She cleared her throat awkwardly.

"I suppose if anything else comes up, I'll have to make mention of that too," she replied, "What with this misfortune's child thing. I'm not looking forward to any of that..."

----[x]----

For a long moment, she didn't seem to know what to say to his words. After some long moments passed in silent, she finally replied. Her words sounded hesitant, unsure. Vali didn't put too much stock into it.

"You're welcome," he answered briefly.

Despite any distrust in her at the moment, he did mean those words. It wasn't often Vali shared such compliments so freely. She could take it any way she wanted.

The tour went on after that. Vali pointed out places and even people that might be able to help her if he was not around. Some would be keeping an eye on her as well. If she had any ideas to escape, she would be met with trouble.

Despite all of this wander, she still looked unsure. The place was big for her so perhaps it was overwhelming.

"I assure you, you will not get lost," he said, "Someone is always out and about the halls. They will guide you if you find yourself unsure of where you're headed so don't look so worried."

He studied her face briefly, chuckling a little. Honestly, she looked a tad caught off guard for that one. He'd been keeping a close eye on her, after all. Something like her uncertainty wasn't hard to miss.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Try as he might Cyril couldn’t begin to figure out what might be on Ophelia’s mind. She was still essentially a stranger to him though he was learning more and more as the days passed. He pushed that thought away when she took to speaking up again however. She seemed to have a lot to say and it sounded like it was important to her to get it all out.

It sounded like even Ophelia was aware of the fact that they were after information from them the most. Perhaps she was the most sensible of the two, especially now that they were separated. In all, Ophelia confirmed what they’d already thought.

“We can discuss such things in private,” Cyril assured, glad to hear they might get somewhere now. “Arrangements can be made then.”

If Ophelia gave them information bargains might be made for her sake. He couldn’t say much about her friend, Acline, however though Vali seemed to already take up the mantle for defending her however discreetly he did so. It was curious though none of Cyril’s business, not now anyways.

“Things will fall where they may now,” he pointed out simply.

----[x]----
Aceline had no idea how long they took wandering down the hallways and into more important rooms. Occasionally Vali would motion to someone they were passing by, introducing her to them briefly. With all that she was being shown and told Aceline couldn’t begin to remember any of them, their names all understandably foreign. It would take her time to recall them all.

It was quiet between rooms and people however, leaving Aceline to her thoughts. Her mind whirled, trying to memorize the place and to keep names with faces. Try as she might she was already confused about some, having forgotten things as they went. This must have been more than obvious if Vali’s next words were any indication.

“Easy for you to say.” Aceline came to a stop then, shaking her head. “I’ve never been in such a huge place before.” ’Not to live in at least.’

It must have been funny to see her worried about such a thing though Aceline couldn’t bring herself to share in the joke. This place was too new, leaving her with the feeling that she didn’t belong, that she was just some trespasser dirtying the place up just by being here. Aceline wasn’t sure Vali would understand that sort of sentiment even if she tried to explain it.

She shook her head again. It didn’t matter much anyways; for better or worse she was here.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Ophelia rubbed the back of her neck, grimacing a little when she realized sweat clung there. She knew she would prefer the night compared to these day times. It was too hot here to really feel comfortable.

She glanced back to Cyril when he mentioned talking about these things in private. She nodded in response to his words. That was the only thing they really could do.

"That's the most I can really ask for," she answered.

If she could pass on information and ensure both she and Aceline would be safe, she would. Why fight it now? Aceline might not like it but Ophelia had to do what she could. She just wanted them to be safe.

"Show me more," she requested, if only to keep her mind busy.

She was tired and her thoughts were still muddled after what happened earlier that day. Most of the day was spent in this manner, wandering around. Ophelia tried to learn of key places and the like.

When they returned to the church, the sun was just sinking beneth the horizon line. Ophelia ate a small meal, keeping her head down so no one could see her eyes. She made sure to keep a favorable distance as well.

Eventually, she turned in for the night. Sleep came difficult. She couldn't calm her thoughts. Most of that night and many others, she laid awake simply hoping for sleep that would never come.

----[x]----

Aceline was mostly quiet throughout their walk. Just getting her acquainted with the place took some time. There were people to meet and many halls she needed to see. He could only hope that she would be sensible enough to seek help if she got lost.

Vali shook his head when she spoke it being easy for him. That might have been true in some sense. He'd grown up in this place. Not one bit of it was foreign to him. For her however? He could only assume what kind of life she led before all of this.

"Well, I can only ask you to try and adjust," he replied, "It will come with time."

Despite that reassurance, she seemed to brush those words off as well. Vali resisted a sigh. They had quite a few hurdles to go through, it seemed. In time, he could only hope she warmed to him.

"You will be fine," he tried to reassure.

It wasn't much. Vali knew that this would take time. Despite that, he felt impatient. It was difficult for him to simply wait on her to open up. In this situation, he forced himself not to dwell on it.

"Come, perhaps we should turn in for dinner," he suggested, "I am sure something is ready by now."

The rest of the evening played out as such. She was able to fill her stomach and when she wanted to turn in, she would. She'd been quiet throughout the rest of the evening. Vali could only hope she would loosen up in time.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 pm

The days passed slowly for Cyril, steadily turning into weeks. His routine had altered since the two children of misfortune had arrived though now it had settled into a new one. Accompanying Ophelia about Constantinople and allowing her to tag along while he tended to his daily chores had become the norm nowadays. No one batted an eye around the church when they saw her though a few that had caught her eye color kept their distance if they were able.

’At least no trouble has risen because of it,’ he thought thankfully. Things could have been much worse though those in the church respected the safety of sanctuary for such people even if they might not like it.

He rapped his knuckles over the doorway that had become Ophelia’s. Many people had come and gone, especially those of the Romani but Ophelia remained even now. Perhaps the church was not the safest for her but arrangements for a replacement home for her had yet to be told to Cyril. For the time being he could only assume that no such plans were being made.

“Ophelia?” he called out, opening the door as he did so. “I take it that you are feeling cooped up again.”

It was only a guess though Ophelia never looked down her nose at the idea of wandering the city if it was offered. She had quite the curiosity he found, asking all sorts of questions. In a way Cyril admired it and looked forward to what topics she might take interest in next.

----[x]----
A few weeks had passed since Aceline’s arrival in their home though the young woman had done little to reach out. Crina didn’t let it bother her, speaking to Aceline whenever she was around or just in passing. If it helped to make her feel at home Crina did not see it as a chore, in fact she was a little curious of the woman her eldest son had brought home.

That day passed with no real incident to take note of, Vali was away on business as he had been for several days leaving Crina with only her youngest to fuss over for the time being. Sorin was a good boy though he still had his troublesome times, today being one such day. Perhaps it was his curiosity that did it though he’d been sneaking about and causing trouble for some of the workers about their home leaving Crina to make sure Sorin stayed at her side for the time being.

“Really, there’s no need to harass people,” Crina chastised as she took to her task, painting the clay vase before her. It was a hobby she took to many days, when she had the time to. “You’re causing such headaches, Sorin!”

Whether or not her youngest was listening was another matter entirely. From the looks of it he might’ve been pouting and waiting to be told that he could go play elsewhere. Crina shook her head and returned to her task before her. At the very least their newest addition to the household had yet to cause trouble though she’d taken to bed the last two days with head pains. It was a worrisome thing, especially so when the young woman refused medicine for it.

Crina shook her head. There was nothing to do about it but to wait for things to pass. If it got too bad they would fetch a doctor for the moment it seemed Aceline would stubbornly attempt to wait it out.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Ophelia tugging the blanket over her head, trying to get more sleep. Despite her exhaustion, she was up to the wee hours of the morning unable to get any sleep. She wished she had some music or something to distract her before she drifted off. In this time, she didn't have that luxury.

Despite her best efforts, she tossed and turned at night. There were some evenings where she simply sat up and cried, frustrated with herself that she couldn't settle her mind. Anxiety was eating away at her a little at a time. Small panic attacks started in though, none of them were so bad that she was calling for concern.

She heaved a heavy sigh, trying to drift off into sleep. It wouldn't be deep but it was better than nothing at all. She was fighting off her thoughts when a knock came onto her door. She flinched at the sound, listening as Cyril called out.

Ophelia laid there for a long moment, debating whether or not she wanted to even get up. A heavy sigh left her as she finally dragged herself out of bed and toward the door. She let the blanket hit the floor, far from worried about how the room really looked.

She glanced up at him, swiping at her eyes. They had to look worse with the lack of sleep. Crying at night certainly didn't help.

"I'm sorry, what?" she asked, glancing at him again, "I'm just really tired..."

----[x]----

The days had passed rather quickly for Vali. His work always left him with something to do. He had little time to simply sit about and wait for something to happen. He had to be on the move constantly.

Arriving home, he briefly wondered how the days had gone. He knew very well that Aceline hadn't appeared happy with her situation. Very rarely did she actually speak. He had tried not to let that annoy him but it did deeply.

He heaved a heavy sigh as he started down the halls. Already, a few workers were greeting him. This had become a normality and he merely spared a nod back if anything at all.

"I was just having a little fun!" he could hear Sorin protest to his mother. Crina's softer voice had told him to leave the workers be, "It is boring here and Aceline refuses to talk to me!"

"I'd assume that would be rather normal at this rate," Vali pointed out as he entered the room. Sorin's expression lightened at the sight of his older brother, "Come now, you should not be giving your mother a hard time."

The boy sobered a little but stuck around. It seemed he was curious of the goings on.

"I assume things have been well?" Vali inquired as he glanced at his mother. She still appeared a little troubled, leaving Vali to wonder what had happened in his time away from home.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm

When Ophelia opened the door it was apparent she had not managed much sleep yet again. It was a recurring situation and one that was easy to see on her face. Ophelia’s face was paler and there were dark circles deepening under her eyes. Cyril shook his head though did not comment on this.

“Perhaps you should rest some more,” Cyril offered, gesturing for her to head back to her bed.

Glancing past her he could see the blanket she’d let slip to the floor. It was left there for the time being though if Ophelia needed to rest he would leave her to it, perhaps keep her some company for a short while before he was needed elsewhere.

“There is no reason to rush into the day if you do not feel well enough for it,” he mentioned.

Ophelia’s health was cause for concern after all. If she was not kept well Cyril wasn’t sure what would happen. She was a valuable source of information and in the passing days he’d come to grow accustomed to her company. It was something that he kept silent though.

He waited to see what Ophelia might say or do then. Perhaps her thoughts were muddled by a lack of sleep, if that was the case then he did not want to rush her. Rest and something to eat later would be beneficial and Cyril would keep an eye on her just in case. It would be a simple thing to fetch a doctor if he needed to.

----[x]----

Sorin’s protests weren’t surprising; in fact, Crina expected them. The young boy did many things because they were fun to him despite the trouble he might be causing for others. In time Crina hoped he would grow out of it but he was still a child and so she would not reprimand him too much, not unless it was serious. For the most part it was merely harmless pranks he played on people as it was.

“And yet you disturb the workers from their jobs,” Crina chastised again.

Anything else that might have been said was interrupted by Vali’s voice. Relief flooded Crina at that, glad that her eldest son had returned home safely. Despite the secrecy of his work the whole family knew that he did dangerous jobs and one day he might not come home safe and sound. Crina feared that day though she kept this fear silent.

Lowering her brush she wiped her hands on the rag she kept, careful not to get paint everywhere. Sorin was eagerly greeting Vali, perhaps hoping that his brother would entertain him now that Vali was home.

“Well enough,” she answered after Sorin calmed a little. It was only when Vali expressed confusion did Crina elaborate. “Things have been quiet here however Aceline has started suffering from powerful headaches and refuses medicine for it.”

Though her eldest boy was adept at hiding his feelings Crina knew him well enough to make out the concern on his face. They were subtle signs—a deepening of the frown and the furrow in his brow—but ones that Crina were long since familiar with. Vali might pride himself on hiding his thoughts but Crina could read her sons well.

“If you are worried you should go see her,” Crina urged.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Ophelia narrowed her gaze slightly. It wasn't like she was getting much sleep anyways. She'd no doubt just be tossing and turning throughout that time, fighting against her thoughts and the uneven beat of her heart.

"I haven't really done much sleeping either way," she pointed out. Despite her best efforts, it just didn't help.

She rubbed at her eyes again. They had felt rather sore as of late as well. It was something that only aided in her issues. She just wanted to get some sleep.

"I've...started having panic attacks most nights. Not bad ones but enough that it leaves me uncomfortable..." she explained with a shrug, "They're hard to deal with...I used to have medication for them."

If she still had that now, she wouldn't be in such a sorry state. She'd at least manage some sleep and get on with her day. As of the moment, she was just trying to scrap by as it was. That left her terribly uncomfortable.

She shuffled uncomfortably before moving back into the room. She scooped the blanket up and laid it back on the bed. If she was going to try and sleep again, she'd only use it to shield out the light.

"There's not a whole lot that can be done about it. Not unless you know of anything that could put me to sleep for a long while," she finally brought up. As much as she hated to admit it, she didn't know too much about this time or what medicines they used.

----[x]----

It was easy to see his mothers annoyance with Sorin. She had been scolding him before Vali had entered the room. Despite that, she looked revealed when he had spoken. He was well aware that she worried.

Upon hearing the announcement that Aceline was suffering from severe headache, he felt a little worry run through him. She was stubborn and would no doubt refuse help if she didn't feel the need for it. Vali had long since learned that about her.

"Perhaps it is best if you leave Aceline be for a time," he pointed out to Sorin, "It sounds as if she is not doing well." He shook his head as Sorin pouted in turn.

If she suffered through these things, he wished he would just tell him. Regardless, what was done was done. She would have put a lot less on herself if she just asked for help.

He blinked as his mother spoke of him worrying. An amused sound left him at that. Of all people, it would be her who could pick out his worries.

"I will see to her," he replied, "Perhaps I may be able to get her to at least accept medicine. Thank you, mother. I will let you know how things turn out."

With that said, he dismissed himself. He would make a beeline for Aceline's room. It wasn't too far and he was thankful for that fact. When he found her door, he rapped his knuckles onto it.

"Aceline," he called out softly, "Might I speak with you shortly?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Though he offered to her that she sleep Ophelia had shook her head and mentioned that it wasn’t much use either way. Cyril didn’t let that deter him, instead he gestured towards her borrowed bed as if to propose it again. Depriving herself of at least trying to get a nap in today would do her no good and he’d rather know that she tried.

Eventually she mentioned that these panic attacks of hers had come increasingly over the days that had passed. Cyril’s frown deepened at that. He wasn’t sure what sorts of things could be used or done to help prevent them. It wasn’t like he was a man who had to worry about them happening to himself, he was one who was levelheaded and in charge after all. He shook his head.

“Perhaps we might be able to do a bit of research and find some way to dull them in time,” Cyril offered. “For now do try to rest.”

Thankfully she’d turned around, reaching for the blanket she’d abandoned. Cyril resisted a sigh of relief at that and followed her in a step or two. He could at least keep her a bit of company for the time being.

“A bit of conversation might help to take your mind off of your troubles,” he noted, hoping that it at least would help a little.

He sat at the edge of the other bed, the one that her friend had slept in before being relocated. Perhaps she was lonely though putting the two women together might be a step back now that Ophelia was freely sharing information. Cyril would rather not risk it and knew that Vali had plans to keep Aceline away from the church if he could help it.

----[x]----

Aceline wasn’t sure what triggered these headaches as of late. Whether they be from allergies, sickness or stress she couldn’t tell. Her head throbbed terrible even in the darkened room, a pillow overtop her head as she applied a bit of pressure over her it to try to dull the pain. It did little good though not from lack of trying.

Before all of this Aceline would have taken a few painkillers and just sat in the shower, letting hot water pour over her head and dull the pain but here that was no option. Even a bath was a long process and one that she couldn’t bring herself to see to readying for herself. All that left for her was to try to wait for the pain to dull in time and hope it happened sooner rather than later.

Occasionally Sorin had come to try to play with her though she’d been unable to really participate in his games, leaving the boy to pout and wander off to bother someone else. Aceline couldn’t bring herself to feel too bad about it at the moment however.

Though she tried to keep her mind blanks thoughts still drifted through them. These times seemed to only help to increase the pain though. This trend was broken when she heard a soft knocking on the door and Vali’s voice, though muffled, soon after. Aceline tried to think about how many days had passed since he’d gone off to that mission of his though couldn’t recall. It was difficult to bring herself to move, the throbbing increasing as she did, though she managed it to answer the door.

In lieu of the pillow she pressed the heel of her palm to her forehead, attempting to drive the headache away. It did as much good as the pillow did, less even if she was honest about it. All the same she pulled the door open to blink up at Vali. It seemed so much brighter out in this hallway but she had been in her darkened room for hours now…

“Y-yeah? Do you need something…?” she wondered quietly. Maybe he was just checking up on her now that he’d returned.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Ophelia rubbed at her eyes again. They had really gotten sore to the point that it bothered her at times. What was more, when she did actually go out long enough and saw her reflection, she could have sworn she saw strands of white hair poking through her dusty blonde hair. She had dismissed it then, pushing it off as a trick of the light.

She glanced up when he spoke of trying to find a way to lessen her attacks. It was a nice thought. In some ways, she hoped that could be the case.

"I just have to clear my head is all," she finally replied, "It's a lot easier said than done."

Already having been diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder, Ophelia had been seeing someone about finding ways to deal with her muddled thoughts. With now medication to combat the attacks, it was hard to deal with it all.

She glanced up at him again as he sat down, suggesting speaking of her worries. For a moment, Ophelia debated on what to say. He was still a bit of a stranger to her, after all.

Eventually, she settled on something and asked, "Has my hair looked lighter to you?"

It was a simple start but one worry that had been on her mind. She couldn't have been going gray already. She was far too young for that, after all.

----[x]----

Vali waited patiently at the door. He knew that she could very well be asleep, trying to ignore whatever pain ailed her. Vali wished she would reach out for some amount of help. She remained stubborn, it seemed.

He wasn't sure how long he should have extended his patience here. Eventually the door did open. The room was darkened from what he could see. A short hum left him at that. Studying her, it was easy to see the bags under her eyes and how pale her face was.

"I take it you have not been doing well?" he guessed, keeping his tone quiet. Those kinds of headaches could worsen with noise. Vali would take care to lessen the chance if he could, "My mother has told me you've denied medicine that may help..."

That was a call for concern. Her health was important. If she was denying any help that could benefit her, what else would she do in the future? That worried Vali a little.

"I suppose there may be little I could do to lessen your pains," he continued.

From the looks of it, she merely look exhausted. Vali had never experienced something so bad that it left him in such a state. He couldn't quite understand it but for her, it looked to take quite a toll on her body.

He cleared his throat afterward, motioning toward her before he spoke, "Is there anything I can do that may help?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Cyril wasn’t sure about her answer. The easy dismissal of finding something to help calm her night was strangely a little hurtful. Cyril didn’t let this show, his expression schooled into a more polite one. She didn’t say much else on the matter though and he let the topic drop. There wasn’t a need to pursue it.

The next thing that Ophelia mentioned was a strange one. He cocked his head to one side, observing her in the dim room lightly. Why would she be worried about such a thing already?

“I have not paid much attention as of late,” Cyril admitted. “Though it is a strange thing to ask out of the blue like this.”

All the same he moved to the nearby window, uncovering it to brighten up the room. In the dim lighting he couldn’t tell and Ophelia had yet to light any oil lamps or candles in here. There was little need to during the day after all.

Gingerly he sat at the edge of her bed, gesturing for her to hold still. If she really wanted to know he supposed he could find out for her. Cyril didn’t see any harm in the topic after all. It was hard to tell at first, her hair was so fair as it was. Eventually he reached out to take several strands of hair in his hand, his touch careful so as not to alarm Ophelia.

A thoughtful frown spread over his lips as he observed the strands of hair. If Cyril looked at it just right it did seem as if some were beginning to lighten compared to the sandy color it otherwise was. For a moment or two he mulled that over before shaking his had and lowering his hand to his lap.

“Perhaps it is though I do not know why it would be,” he answered finally.

----[x]----

Vali didn’t answer right away but Aceline could feel his eyes on her even if she ducked her head to avoid the light a little better. She liked to think it helped a little but she might have been fooling herself. She waited like that until Vali spoke up, just wanting to go and lay back down again.

His voice was quiet, a murmur and nothing more. Aceline appreciated this even if it didn’t show, even with no noise the throbbing was prominent. Just moving her head a little was enough to make it worse, noise was all the worse for it.

“It’s just a headache, it’ll pass,” she pointed out softly. She couldn’t bring herself to trust the medicine of this time, well aware that many addicting drugs were used to try to benefit people in various points in history. She’d rather not chance it even if it left her ill.

It was a little strange to hear Vali trying to offer help. In a way Aceline had gotten used to the idea that she was just here for convenience. He was to watch her and it was easier to do if he didn’t have to leave home to do so. Having this concern extended to her was a little warming.

She considered the offer for a minute. What else could be done for this migraine? Aceline couldn’t say but it was rather lonely in here, all on her own. It was just too bright and noisy everywhere else. Even something as simple as a bird chirping was enough to make it feel like her head was splitting.

“If you’re not busy you could keep me company…” she offered eventually.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 5:59 pm

The question was strange, she was well aware of that. It was so out of the blue but it did worry her. Ophelia didn't like to think of herself as superficial. Thinking her hair was turning color so drastically however worried her.

The light hurt her eyes momentarily. She closed them, allowing them to adjust before she opened them again. The bed sunk underneath Cyril's weight. His hand carefully took up strands of her hair.

She shifted her weight, her heart hammering in her chest. The stirring was momentarily but left a little more of a pleasant feeling running through her. It was difficult to ignore once it was there.

Ophelia waited patiently for him to finish looking at her hair. His words after confirmed her thoughts. It had not been the trick of the light. Her hair seemed to be steadily lightening.

"Well...I'm going gray in my late twenties. That's a comfort to know..." Ophelia commented, brushing her fingers over her hair, "Just another strange thing to happen, I suppose."

Ever since she'd come here, ever since these red eyes had become a part of her life, her life had been strange. She didn't really feel she fit in here. She knew she probably never really would.

"I guess there are worse things," she tried to reassure, "I could go bald."

----[x]----

Vali resisted a shake of his head at her response. If it was some mere headache, she wouldn't be in so much pain. Knowing that they were so frequent was another thing entirely.

"I would assume such things coming on so often would be a call for concern," he pointed out instead.

He wasn't sure if he convinced her of anything or not. It was difficult to tell with Aceline. There was still much he needed to learn about her. Vali knew that he should have made that a rather large priority.

He stood patiently and waited for her answer. Eventually, she did give one, asking for his company. He spared her a short nod. That was reasonable enough, he figured.

"If that is what you wish," he commented. When she allowed him inside, he spared a brief glance around the room. It wasn't quite a mess but it was obvious some items were left discarded on the floor for the time being.

Vali ignored these things in favor of sitting on the edge of the bed. She would no doubt lay down again given how bad her head seemed to hurt.

"How have you been doing?" he inquired quietly, "Have you been holding up well enough?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm

When he’d announced his findings it didn’t take long before Ophelia was groaning, clearly unhappy with what was happening. He shook his head at that even as she tried to joke about it. At the very least she wasn’t about to go and sulk about it, there were many worse things that could be happening to her this very instance after all.

“It is not so bad, better your hair than a grievous injury of some sort, hmm?” he offered. If nothing that would put things in perspective. No one had been able to try to harm her since Vali had found them so many weeks ago and it might have been a scare that had begun to fade from her memory already.

He gestured to the bed though he had yet to move. Honestly, Cyril wasn’t sure what Ophelia wished to accomplish right now. She clearly needed rest and yet seemed intent on remaining awake to chat. Either way Cyril would comply though if she was merely too polite to tell him to leave he’d rather she just tell him instead of humoring him.

“Are you sure you do not need to nap?” he mentioned, waiting a beat for an answer. “Or is the attempt one best saved for later?”

Cyril waited patiently for Ophelia to decide. He did enjoy their chats even if they were brief at times. She spoke of many odd things from a time Cyril couldn’t begin to imagine. With each new bit of information she became more valuable to the Templars cause to boot. Surely she’d be relocated to a safer area eventually if the assassins came to learn of her whereabouts.

----[x]----

Though she hadn’t mentioned how often she had such bad headaches Vali mentioned them anyways. For a second Aceline found herself confused at this before realizing that someone must have mentioned it to him. It had been about two days now… It would be easy to figure she might get them more than usual because of that.

Aceline merely hummed quietly in answer, neither conceding nor arguing against his statement. She wasn’t up for any kind of debate as it was.

When asked it took her a moment to decide what he could do if anything while he waited rather patiently. When she did ask for his company he only seemed to pause a moment before Vali conceded, waiting to be allowed inside. The door clicked closed softly behind him before he’d seated himself on the unmade bed, Aceline joining him soon after.

She wasted no time in lying down, however carefully she did so, burying her head in her pillow again. Though Vali kept a respectful amount of distance between them Aceline could feel where the mattress dipped under his weight. It was a strangely comforting feeling.

“Hmm?” It took her a moment to realize what he’d asked her and even then she didn’t answer right away. Aceline appreciated the fact that he kept his voice quiet as well. “I’ve been… well enough.”

It was an answer that she was sure he didn’t quite believe. Debilitated by a headache was certainly not what anyone would describe as ‘well enough’ but Aceline wasn’t going to fuss about it. It wasn’t the first time after all. Instead she reached for one of the other pillows on her bed, one she’d been using to sandwich her head with earlier, and plopped it down next to the one she was using now. She felt a little bad just having Vali sitting like that; if he wanted to lie back she wouldn’t mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}   {|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|} - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{|AC:R|} Game of Life {|1-on-1 rp|}
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next