AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Writing Guide: The Difference Between...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Empty
PostSubject: Writing Guide: The Difference Between...   Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

I’ve taken notice since roleplaying that some people have some difficulties differentiating between the following groups of words. I’m going to explain them in their most simplest forms so that maybe we can correct this problem and I can stop tearing my hear out as the Grammar Nazi that I can be.

Their: Possessive of something. You would use this if talking about someone's possessions.
Ex. That is their ball.
They're: Contraction of 'they are.' You would use this only in place of 'they are' in sentences.
Ex. They're going to the park to play.
There: Speaking of a place.
Ex. Place it over there.

Its: Possessive of something. You would use this if talking about something's possession.
Ex. Its fur was soft to the touch.
It's: Contraction of 'it is.' You would only use this in place of 'it is' in a sentence.
Ex. It's very nice to meet you, sir.

Then: Used when speaking of a sequence of events.
Ex 1: We drew a little and then we made some paper maché. | Ex. 2: "Well, okay then." | Ex. 3: "You have to do your home work first and then you can go play basketball."
Than: Used when mentioning of a difference between something.
Ex. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be!

Whose: Possessive. You would only use this when talking about someone's belonging.
Ex: "Whose shirt is this?"
Who's: Contraction of 'who is.' You would only use this in place of 'who is' in a sentence.
Ex: "Who's going to pick up Stacey?"

Last edited by Ram's Desire on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Guide: The Difference Between...   Writing Guide: The Difference Between... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Added the difference between whose/who's to the list.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/

Writing Guide: The Difference Between...
Page 1 of 1