AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} 509

{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Empty
PostSubject: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Just ahead she could see it, the city she'd been heading to for days now. Already the buildings loomed over her. It felt like as good a time as any to take a breather in that little apartment she called a home. If nothing else she could bum around the city for awhile, see what everyone had been up to her in absence. It sounded like a decent plan at least. Her aching feet wouldn't disagree, at the very least.

At Kalista's side a Mightyena trotted along. At times he'd dart ahead before doubling back around when whatever had caught his attention either ran off her disinterested him. His dark fur gleamed in the sun though it wasn't as well kept as it normally was. Traveling out on the road could do that to someone's appearance.

"Rooommmyyyy," Kalista called out. The Mightyena stopped, peering at her expectantly with his ears propped up at attention. "You'd better not dart off after some poor little Lillipup now!"

A low sound escaped Mightyena, a half-annoyed look crossing his furry face. With that he was trotting ahead of her, leading the way. Kalista picked up her pace, jogging after him. The sooner they were in the city the sooner she could sit down.

The sun was rising up, passing from morning to midday as they went. However long actually passed was a mystery to Kalista. She wasn't exactly paying much attention to her watch. Eventually, knees and feet protesting from all the walking she'd done over the past week, she stepped into the proper.

Already the sounds of crowds reached her ears. Mightyena seemed to be pleased, his head picked up high as he doubled back around to Kalista's side. Already she was making a beeline for the block her apartment was on. It wasn't exactly the best place in the city to live at but it was better than nothing.

Her hair swung loose behind her, keeping up with Mightyena as best she could. He seemed just as eager to laze about without any sort of set plan or destination in mind. It was long overdue if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 am

Grimsley stuffed his hands in his pockets, walking down a once familiar path. He was close to the old school he used to attend. Before he'd left on his own travels, he'd taken the time to learn as much as he could. 

At that time, he had a few close friends. Mostly, he'd lost contact with them. That was how life worked, more times than not. 

Still, he cherished that time with them, thought of them every now and again. At times, he wondered what they were up to. Being a member among Unova's Elite Four now, keeping up with general news much less getting time away was rare.

He managed to snag a little time for himself. Going back to that school came to mind every once in a while. He'd never had the time to actually get there, however. Now, he was managing to get that far in the very least.

Grimsley glanced overhead, watching the clouds pass above. The path was empty, blue skies stretching far above head. 

He blinked, turning his attention back to the path. Paws hit the ground, a noise he was quite used to hearing with his Liepard. A little further ahead a was a woman, her Mightyena darting ahead and doubling back on occasion.

Grimsley hummed slightly, a nagging feeling of familiarity. He picked up his own pace a little, if only to catch sight of this woman.

"Hello," he called out, raising a hand in greeting. "Lovely day, isn't it?"

----
|x|----

Snow toyed with the camera around her neck. She'd been tracking down several rare and legendary Pokemon, capturing them with her camera. She held no desire to capture those Pokemon herself. They were legends for a reason, after all.

Beside her, a Ninetales trotted along. He carried himself rather proudly. Snow beamed at him for this.

"Why do you look so proud?" She teased lightly. She released the camera, allowing it to hang loosely around her neck. 

Tehanu growled softly, as if in reply. She shook her head at that. She'd spoiled him, being on of her first. Of course he'd hold himself in high regard, walk as if the world had a bit to owe him. Snow was proud of him none the less.

She paused on a hill, fields stretching out as far as the eye could see. Sinnoh was an odd place. There were mostly mountains in the region but, once in a while, she'd find some clearer areas. 

"Think this is a good place to break for a bit." She mused. "Maybe we'll see a few Pokemon wander about, catch a few pictures."

Tehanu cried in agreement, seating himself. He laid down, his nine tails wrapping around him. Snow smiled, sitting down with him. It was a pleasant day. She hoped it would remain as such.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 am

The streets were familiar. Once having gotten away from them for many years and avoiding it like the plague Kalista had soon moved back to the city. That old Pokémon school would be nearby, probably still up and running. Kalista never made it a point to go back and visit. Never saw much of a point in it.

Now, however, she found herself running down past that block, the building off in the distance. She could hear a lot of noise from that way. Was it a weekday? Probably. Kalista had lost track of the days in the last week or so.

A voice called out, breaking her train of thought. Kalista jerked, blinking around at the guy who'd spoken up. From the corner of her eye she spotted Mightyena had stopped as well, his head cocked to one side curiously. For a moment she wasn't sure what to say, tugging at her hoodie's front as if the gesture somehow filled the budding conversation.

It didn't help that there was that naggy feeling, niggling at the back of her head. It wasn't like there shouldn't be, everyone knew the Elite Four but still... Even Mightyena was sniffing in the guy's direction, perhaps the scent familiar.

"Uh, hello," she finally said in return, still looking a little bewildered as her glasses slipped down her nose. "Yeah, I suppose..."

Mightyena's claws clacked against the sidewalk as he made his way closer to her side. A soft whine escaped him as he leaned his head up against Kalista's hip, gazing up at her as if she should know something he did, too.

Gesturing, Kalista spoke up, studying the guy even more. She'd be stupid not to recognize the Elite Four of her own home region but why was that familiarity tugging at her so much? It'd been part of the reason she'd stopped keeping up with the Elite Four's activities in the past few years. That nagging feeling was always back whenever she saw this one.

"Hey, so, not to sound suuuper presumptuous or anything," she started, "but do I know you?"

With that she waited, barely noticing the way Mightyena yipped softly as if to agree to the question. The more Kalista studied him the more she felt she knew him from somewhere and not just in the sense that he was quite popular.

----[x]----
N wasn't sure quite where he was wandering around to anymore. All of his Pokémon had been released from his side months before. At least they had been. On occasion a stray would follow him around and keep him company.

For the time being N was alone. It was a little strange anymore. He'd gotten used to that last Pokémon that trailed after him, a lonely little Panpour that rather liked to chat about the last little lake she had taken refuge in. He shook the thought away.

A nice breeze passed by, toying with his long, tangled hair. The day really couldn't have been nicer. The sun was shining, the blue sky unclouded and N could spy lots of Pokémon playing off in the distance. It brought a smile to his lips as he gazed around himself.

Eventually something new greeted his sight. Up a head on a little hill was a girl and some Pokémon he couldn't say he was familiar with. Its cream colored fur seemed to gleam and shine in the sunlight and its many tails were tucked around it. This alone peaked N's curiosity, already drawing near.

It wasn't until he was a few yards away that he got a good look at the girl with the Pokémon. White hair stuck out at all angles and glasses were perched on her nose. Around her neck she had a camera and a pricey looking one at that.

"Hello there," he called, a small smile on his lips. He still felt awkward talking to other people as it was. In a way it was made worse now after his defeat. N didn't quite feel as if he knew himself just yet. It made it difficult to talk with others or at least he thought so. "Might I ask what sort of Pokémon you have there?"

It was a start, at least. Before he would have been content to merely speak directly to the Pokémon itself. Now he could at least try to extend some effort to getting to know trainers as well.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Grimsley smiled a little when she turned. She appeared confused. Why shouldn't she be? A stranger had stopped her for idle conversation. For anyone, that would be strange. 

He couldn't get that nagging feeling out of the back of his head however. Grimsley tried to recall where he had seen her from. He could have battled her in the past. Many came through the League challenge, on their way to become a Champion themselves.
That was more or less common. Grimsley still wasn't sure. She didn't look like someone he battled in the past. If anything, he would have recalled her Mightyena, as strong and healthy looking as he was.

Her words were short, getting straight to the chase. Grimsley was a little grateful knowing he wasn't the only one getting this feeling. So it seemed they had met. The question now was where?

"I was wondering the same thing about you." He answered, gesturing to her. His hand fell back to his side after. "I've a feeling I've met you before."

He paused, mulling it over. The feeling nagged at him more now that she was facing him. He'd seen that face before. Just where however was the question.

"Might I ask for you name?" He asked. "Perhaps that might clear this up."

It was merely a suggestion. They both were unsure of where they had seen one another. He hoped that by earning her name, it might clear a thing or two up for the both of them.

----|x|----

Snow pushed her hair out of her face. A breeze passed by, pushing her bangs into her eyes. She had considered cutting it shorter several times. That never happened despite her want to. Pokemon didn't wait around and if a rare one happened to be in the area, she wouldn't waste the time.

She blinked, Tehanu lifting his head. His ear flicked, as if listening to something momentarily. It wasn't until someone called out to them did she realize what he'd been listening to. 

So far within her own thoughts, she hadn't caught sound of the footsteps. 

Snow turned a little, lifting her head to glance at the male. His hair was long and green, something a tad odd. Then again, most didn't know what to make of her white hair. It was an odd color.

She grinned up at him. It wasn't an uncommon question. Some people had never seen Kanto. Several were unfamiliar with these Pokemon unless they were out completely a Pokedex.

"This is a Ninetales." She answered. Tehanu lifted himself when she spoke, puffing out a little. He appeared proud of the slight introduction. "They're very intelligent, can understand human speech, you know?"

She paused then, taking in the stranger. Tilting her head to one side slightly, she plowed on. 

"I take it you've never been to Kanto?" 
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Now that he'd stepped closer the feeling was unable to be ignored. It was one that snapshots and brief sightings on the TV didn't do justice. Kalista had a feeling she'd seen those blue eyes sometime in person. It wasn't like she'd taken the League challenge though...

She blinked, seemingly ignore the way Mightyena looked expectant. That was new. It was this that only helped to cement the fact. The Pokémon never acted like this around new people.

"I see," she answered simply, hands hanging at her sides. The old hoodie's sleeves slipped down over them, covering all but her fingers. She might have looked a little silly with unkempt hair and a baggy hoodie on though if she did he hadn't said anything of it.

There was only a moment's pause before Kalista answered. Her name wasn't exactly common anyways, maybe it would grant a bit of insight on the matter. At least then that nagging feeling would go away.

"I'm Kalista." A pause followed. "Though if that's a bit of a mouthful you could call me... Kali, or maybe Kal-Kal or even Ista."

A short sound escaped Mightyena, a sigh gusting out of him afterwards. Kalista waved him off, barely sparing him a glance. That nagging feeling was a bit more important at the moment.

"And he's Romulus," she tacked on anyways, to placate the Mightyena. He puffed out his chest after she did so, huffing at her again.

"Now, no offense, but I can't say I know your name," Kalista said next. "I don't exactly 'keep up' with all that bigwig League business unless I need to and all."

Romulus bumped himself into Kalista for that, huffing at her once more. Kalista merely huffed back, pouting down at the Mightyena. It wasn't like she was gonna lie about that! She hadn't taken the tail end of the League challenge yet so all their names didn't matter much to her.

----[x]----
N barely took note of the expression on the girl's face. He still hadn't quite caught her name, either, he realized only after she'd answered him. N rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly at that realization. Already he wasn't doing it right.

Still, that Ninetales looked well kept. His coat was glistening and looked like it would be soft to the touch. N smiled to both, nodding at the Ninetales who looked quite proud of himself.

"He seems quite happy in your hands," N noted, taking solace in that fact. He resisted stepping closer, though he really wished to converse with the Ninetales himself.

His attention drifted, however forcibly he had to do so, to the girl. She was watching him, looking more curious than anything. At least he wasn't some thug type, N reasoned. He supposed he'd always been pretty un-intimidating in appearance.

"I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is N," he said, clearing his throat. "And you two are?"

N glanced between the two expectantly. More and more N was finding that it was common practice for people to give names to the Pokemon with them. He felt it was only polite to ask both trainer and Pokémon what their names were because of it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Grimsley waited on her to introduce herself. Perhaps not so much that. If he knew her, the name might click. He could only wait until she'd given it to him.

While doing so, his gaze drifted down to the Mightyena. The Pokemon appeared calm, no longer as confused as he was displaying before. In a way, it almost seemed he had something figured out. 

If only he could talk. Grimsley thought to himself. We might have had this figured out sooner if that was the case.

Regardless, the mystery was left up to them. Kalista had finally spoken up, giving her names. Several nicknames followed after. He paused, trying to figure out where he'd heard them from. Now the nagging feeling was gnawing away at him. 

"I swear I've heard your name before." He answered. "It's just where I can't place."

She'd spoken up again. Grimsley waved a dismissive hand. He didn't mind it. Some simply were involved in that kind of news. None of the Elite Four members typically took offense to it. 

"I'm Grimsley." He introduced. "The member who specializes in dark types."

He glanced ahead, frowning a little. The school wasn't far from here. Was that where she was heading as well? Or was she just passing through? He shook his head a moment later. 

"I don't suppose you were heading to the Pokemon School?" He inquired. "Forgive me for prying but did you attend at some point?"

----|x|----

Snow wasn't sure what to make of the stranger. He appeared sheepish, as if unsure how to carry on a conversation. All the while, his attention seemed more on Tehanu than her. She didn't inquire it. Some were simply fascinated by Pokemon they hadn't seen before.

Still, she beamed up at his compliment. She reached out, patting Tehanu. An affectionate sound left the Ninetales.

"I'd certainly hope so," She answered. "If he or any of my others didn't like me, they're always free to go on their way."

Snow was always adamant about allowing her Pokemon to make their own decisions. She didn't capture them without their okay. If they had no desire to stay, they were allowed to leave. They had as much freedom as she could give them.

She let her hand fall once more as he introduced himself. Snow nodded in return. 

"It's good to meet you, N." She responded. "I'm Snow. This is Tehanu." 

Tehanu gave a long cry, as if to introduce himself. Snow only smiled in return. Whatever he'd said was lost to her, after all. Still, she liked to think she had some kind of connection to him and all of her Pokemon.

Her attention turned back to N a moment after. "Are you just passing through?" She asked. "There aren't too many wandering this area, I've noticed."

N seemed skittish or nervous about something. She could try to carry on conversation and see if that relax him a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 pm

There was that look on his face, one that said he was mulling over her answer. Beside her Romulus sat on his haunches, looking as if he was growing impatient. Kalista didn't let it bother her.

Kalista caught the guy's gaze drifting down to Romulus. Romulus twitched his hear in response, as if waiting for something. No doubt Romulus knew how the guy was already. It was a shame that he couldn't just out and say it in a way they'd understand.

Her attention peaked at the mention of dark-types being his specialization. Not many went that route... More often if anyone type specialized Kalista noticed it was for water-types or fire-types or sometimes even grass-types. Unless they were a gym leader than many didn't bother...

"Hm?"

At the mention of the school nearby it was like a light bulb had been flipped on, shedding light on the situation. Kalista stepped closer, really inspecting his face now. The roundness was gone now though now that she had a name to the face...

"Say," Kalista began, a hand finding its way to her hip, "you wouldn't have happened to know a girl from there with a runty little Poochyena, would you?"

A disdainful sound escaped Romulus at that. It was something of a sore spot for the Pokémon in recent years now that he was stronger and faster than ever. Even still, something like that might have been something a guy could remember.

Besides, Grimsley wasn't a common name. There was that one kid she'd taken something of a shine to back then before she'd dropped out and went on her travels. At the time he'd just had a Purrloin to boot. If this was the same guy...

----[x]----
N's smile grew at the mention of her Pokémon having a choice. That was so refreshing to actually hear. While N was learning that not all trainers were bad and abused their Pokémon there were still those that made his blood boil...

"That's a good practice to get into," he complimented, feeling a little more at ease.

He nodded, stepping closer. He filed the names away for later. Snow wasn't a name he would have expected but then he supposed that was fitting given her hair color. N resisted a soft chuckle at the thought that crossed his mind. Had she been named for her hair color or had it been a coincidence?

Crouching down he held a hand out to Tehanu. He seemed amicable enough though he'd be careful and courteous as he always was. There was no need to push boundaries.

"A pleasure to meet you both," N said. "Fitting names for the both of you."

His gaze drifted back to the snowy-haired girl before he nodded. N didn't have any one set destination in mind anymore. He'd only drifted back to Unova recently as it was. Perhaps it had been calling to him again. It had been months since he'd last been here with Zekrom...

"Something like that, yes. And you?"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Grimsley continued to mull it over after he'd spoken. Occasionally, his gaze would drift back to Romulus. Even that name sounded familiar. A dull throb started pounding in his head as he tried to figure it out.

He rubbed his chin. Romulus seemed to be aware of who he was. If it was by scent, then they had met before. But where and when?

Kalista seemed to take her time as well with his question. It wasn't until something seemed to click did she step forward. She took a long moment to study his face before she spoke. 

The question was brief but some realization settled in on him. It had been years since he'd seen that girl and her little Poochyena. She had been somewhat of a trouble maker back then. Grimsley recalled that well.

"I do, actually." He responded, a smile tugging at his lips. "Now, you two wouldn't be those trouble maker roaming the streets all of the time, would you?"

Grimsley couldn't help but recall those memories. The name stuck a few minutes after and then an image. So she was heading back home too, it seemed. 

"Wouldn't you call it some great luck that we'd be wandering back at the same time." He mused. "Small world, hmm? Most left for other regions, after all."

Different plans kept many apart. Still, it was nice to know some stuck around Unova as well. He wouldn't have guessed he'd meet someone from back then here, however. It really was a fair amount of luck.
----|x|----

Snow was glad he relaxed a little. Whether it was from new or the conversation, she could only assume. Aside from their names, they were still strangers. She couldn't quite read him yet.

She watched as he knelt down, holding a hand out for Tehanu. He was cautious about it. Tehanu wasn't ill-tempered, just proud. She didn't say that however. He seemed to take things slow regardless.

"It is," She answered. "Though, not everyone shares that same sentiment."

She watched as Tehanu took to sniffing at his hand, catching whatever scents might be on him. A few moments later, he laid his own into N's hand. It seemed the Ninetales didn't foresee N as someone 'dangerous', per-say. Some did seek her out to find Pokemon, after all.

"It was a pun." She said, brushing her hair slightly. "The white hair, I mean. Tehanu is named after a star. Thank you though. I'd like to think I've given them meaningful names."

Her gaze lingered ahead for a brief moment. There didn't seem to be many Pokemon out in the fields. The sun was high, however. Some might have ducked into nearby forests to keep cool. Her attention turned back to him when he spoke again.

"Ah, I take pictures of Pokemon all throughout different regions." She explained. "Though, I've been looking to take pictures of the legendaries. Never have intentions to catch them but some who catch onto my work don't seem to understand that."

A soft snort left Tehanu, as if it annoyance or agreement. She couldn't tell which. Regardless, they were always on high alert with some who rather use violence or threats to gain information.

"I don't think it's right, you know? There legends for a reason, so, for the most part, just proving they're out there is enough for me." 
She cleared her throat after, shifting slightly. "Sorry, I tend to ramble."

She glanced at him, studying his features. They seemed somewhat serious though, she could only assume why. 

"Are you a trainer? Or just traveling?" She asked instead.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 pm

It had taken a few minutes to figure it out. Eventually it had clicked though, if only because of Grimsley's question. Romulus seemed to grow pleased when the conclusions were met, however, his chest puffing out and his head held high. A sharp bark was the answer received when Grimsley finally caught on.

Kalista couldn't help it, a large grin spread on her face. She had been a troublemaker though not intentionally so. It would figure that people would remember that though.

"Hey now," she protested playfully, "don't you know you gotta get into some trouble for some super awesome adventures?"

Romulus barked in agreement. Kalista couldn't remember a time she hadn't had him by her side. It was only because of him that they'd even gotten this far on her journey and gotten the other son her team.

Kalista clasped her hands behind her back, head tilted to one side.  It really was lucky to have run into someone from then around here. She hadn't kept up with many of 'em and those she had drifted off to do their own thing. She hadn't been too broken up about it, they all had their own goals to strive towards in any case.

A small chuckle left her at his words. "You make it sound like it was fate or something," she pointed out.

The sounds of the city around them went ignored now. Even the school just a little way away had grown quiet. Had their recess ended then? Most likely. Cars and crowds made up for the lack of it, however.

Kalista leaned forward, a gleam in her eye. "Soooo, you wanna tell me your secret? Not every day a bookworm gets to be suuuper popular and strong, you know!"

And really, that's what she could remember of him as a kid. He'd always had some sort of a book with him and that little Purrloin trailing after him. Maybe all that reading had paid off when he was able to use it on the field.

----[x]----
N waited patiently as Tehanu sniffed at his hand. The scents there must have been plentiful. He'd visited with a few of the more curious and friendly Pokémon that had wandered near him today. Eventually the Ninetales placed his paw in his hand in return.

He gave Tehanu's paw a brief shake before releasing it and rising back to his feet. The Pokémon was amicable enough and for that N was glad. He hated to be on the receiving end of any Pokémon's wariness.

A nod followed Snow's answer. So she was named for her hair. He didn't comment on it, though. N didn't feel as if it was something that needed to be expended on.

"It is quite all right," he assured, holding up a hand.

The rambling she'd gone through helped to ease him a bit more. Certainly it didn't seem as if conversation would be up to him. That was good as he still wasn't any good at it these days.

"That's quite an admirable practice as well," he pointed out. "Not many would leave the legendaries alone." N wouldn't say anything of how he had been one such person, even if his intent had been different than others.

A shake of the head followed then. No... No he was not a trainer anymore. Even when he had been it had left a sour taste in his mouth. Perhaps now that he understood people's relationships with Pokémon better he might take up the practice, if a Pokémon was willing to follow with him but for now--

"No," he answered, "though I had been once."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Grimsley offered a chuckle in response. Romulus appeared so proud of himself. He'd been so small when they were younger, a runt really. Now, one wouldn't have guessed it. 

"He's really grown up!" He complimented, watching as Romulus puffed out his chest. "He was such a runt way back when. You always had to stop just so he could keep up."

It was all in good nature. Honestly, he was a little surprised to see he'd done so well. Some Pokemon stayed small, after all. Romulus must have been as determined then as he was now.

He grinned at her words. She was still the same, even after all of the years that passed by. So willing to jump ahead before really thinking things through. Part of him wondered what kind of trouble she got into over the years. 

"Still preaching that 'leap before you look' mentality, hmmm?" He teased. "Now, I believed you'd get yourself seriously injured with that one!"

She'd always been the type. She knew how to have a good time though. Even at a young age, she tried to push passed some of her limitations. It had obviously worked in her favor.

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't play with loaded dice." He joked in return.

It wasn't long before that noticeable gleam returned to her eyes. He remembered that well. He couldn't help but smile largely in return.

"Well, for one I actually paid attention to what we were taught." He teased. "After that, it was merely gaining the experience I needed and trusting my Pokemon. Though, I suppose the fame has worn on my time as of late."

It wasn't merely just that. Most trainers strived to be as strong as the Elite Four members much less the Champion. Some didn't realize the fame often brought symbols to them as well.

"I've become...a regular sex symbol to most women in Unova, I'm afraid." He mentioned. "That's something I didn't quite expect to happen."
----|x|----

Snow glanced up at him when he stood. That serious expression crossed his features again, even as he complimented her views. She hummed in response. 

She couldn't be sure as to why he seemed to tense on that subject. She didn't ask. It seemed like prying. That never ended well unless someone really needed to speak up about it.

Instead, her hands found her camera. Before he could react to it, she snapped a picture of him. It was a brief thing, glancing at it before she allowed it to settle back around her neck. 

"That's a face of someone who's running away from something." She mused. Tehanu puffed in agreement. He sat on his haunches though seemed content in simply observing. "Though, I won't pry. It's your business."

Whatever it was, she could only assume. She'd seen that face many times though. She did take pictures of people too, preferred to catch them mostly when they didn't realize it. This way, she caught natural and raw emotions rather than fake smiles.

"Don't beat yourself up too much." She plowed on. "I used to do that. Had to draw the line when I started having anxiety attacks, you know?"

Since then, she'd become a rather cheerful person and very proud of what she did. Very few did what she did, after all.

"Regardless, where are you from? My home is all the way in Kanto. I've been to most of the regions. Still need to go to Unova and Kalos though."

Changing the subject could always do wonders. She didn't like to dwell on things. If he needed help, she hoped he would ask for it. Until that point, she would respect his boundaries.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:15 pm

That disgruntled sound had escaped Romulus again, this time in the form of a snort. He really didn't like being reminded of his runty status back then. Still, he'd worked hard. It was amazing he was even the right size for a Mightyena now.

It was true enough though. Oftentimes Romulus had fallen behind as a pup and had to be waited on to catch up again. It had been a routine then and now, though the circumstances had swapped.

"He's ridiculously proud of the fact that he can outrun me now," she noted, prodding at Romulus. He merely kept his head held high.

Kalista rolled her eyes, giving a flippant wave of her hand to his next teasing. Of course she did! What did he expect? Then again he'd been one of the few as a kid who'd warned her against it at one point or another, too.

"Hey now, haven't you heard? Good things pass by those who wait," she defended with mock seriousness. "Why should I pander around when I could be out fighting strong trainers and Pokémon?"

She couldn't keep that grin off her face for long however. Of course he'd argue that point, however good-naturedly. Despite himself he'd always been to get suckered into little kiddy bets on the playground. Looks like that hadn't changed much only matured.

It was strange, really. She would have figured he'd change more. Then again whenever she reflected on it all she hadn't changed much either.

"Not blowing all your money now, are you? It'd be a shame with how finely dressed you are if you were dirt poor and all!" It was a light-hearted taunt. Grimsley had always been one with good self-control. With age that must have gotten better.

She stuck her tongue out at the mention of schooling. She'd paid attention! ... mostly. Kalista didn't argue the point though. She was usually caught doodling on her papers as it was.

Blinking she tipped her head to one side. There were always the negatives when it came to fame but what had gotten on his nerves? Grimsley seemed rather put off by it, if the way he acted was any indicator. When he did say what it was Kalista couldn't stop from grinning.

That gleam was back in her eye, even as she attempted to cover her grin up behind a hand. Her shaking shoulders were a dead give away to the silent snickering, however.

"Here I would have figured any man would be proud of that status!" she teased. "I bet it's those bright blue eyes of yours, you know! Just one look and you could have any girl swooning!"

----[x]----
N didn't have much time to react. Already she was toying with the camera at her neck and then a moment later she'd snapped a photo of him. His brow furrowed, a scowl crossing his lips. He didn't quite care for the words she was saying.

Perhaps they struck a little too close to home. N liked to think he was bettering himself out here not running away. He shook his head, silently disagreeing with that assessment of hers.

"I have a handle on things," is all he said, his words stiff.

Regardless the topic shifted, if only because of Snow. No sooner had she said those things had she asked a new question. He shook his head.

"I'm from Unova." It was a simple answer though one that N felt was enough. He spared a glance between trainer and Pokémon then. "I can't say I know much of Kanto, however."

While he had traveled some time with Zekrom they had not went that far out. Sinnoh and Hoenn had been places they'd visited before they'd been called back to settle things with Ghetsis. That had been a few months ago... N shook the thought away.

"Kalos is also a region I have yet to visit," he noted after a moment.

N had heard there were odd Pokémon there though how they were odd was beyond him. All Pokémon were beautiful in their way, after all. Some people just didn't seem to appreciate that.

He gestured to the two of them, curious despite the previous situation. "What brought you out here? Merely curious as to the Pokémon around here?"

It seemed like that was the case. Photographers, as she seemed to be, would no doubt be attracted to getting photos and close ups of Pokémon foreign to their region. Perhaps it was the allure that brought her out this far.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Grimsley sparred a smile toward Romulus. Clearly, the Mightyena didn't care to be reminded of those days. He was clearly rather proud of his status now. 

"I can certainly tell!" He answered. He motioned to Romulus afterward. "Perhaps you might keep up with Liepard now." 

He watched the smug look overtake the Mightyena's features. No doubt, he figured he could win that race now. Grimsley didn't say anything more on it. Prod too much and he might get into trouble.

Grimsley chuckled at her next words. She was still rambunctious and outspoken. Some were put off by the way she had spoken up like she did. It made it difficult for her to hold onto friends, it seemed. If she was effected by it, she didn't show it at all now.

"Ah, that's something we can agree on." He teased in return.

He shook his head in response. He'd been big into gambling but wasn't someone who wasted their money in it. As long as he kept his cards right, he was fine. 

"Please," he responded, lifting his head a little. "Now I'd certainly hope you know me better than that!"

It seemed to take her a few short moments before she actually responded to the news. Grimsley noted that look in her eye again. He couldn't help but notice it when mentioning something like this. If anything, he'd prepare for her antics, as he always did. 

"Ah, perhaps for some men." He answered. He waved a dismissive hand, smiling at her.. "But I've always put myself in higher regard. Though, I suppose you would know that."

He couldn't help but grin at her next words however. "I'll if I hadn't guessed, it seems you've noticed them as well." He prodded. "Perhaps you're falling for me already, hmm?"
----|x|----

Snow didn't say much else on the subject. He looked a little put off by what she'd done and said. If anything, she did admit it was a tad far. Still, she'd rather see people a little more carefree. She thought everyone deserved some kind of happiness. 

She didn't mention it. His tone was enough to go by. She sparred a glance toward Tehanu. Whatever had happened to him left him deeply effected. Snow was curious but said nothing of it.

With the subject change, at least the topic was avoided once more.

"Kanto's alright." She answered. "Mostly fields and flat lands. The cities aren't as big as some I've been to wandering through the different regions though."

She didn't admit it but she'd always been anxious to leave home as it was. Snow wanted to travel and she gained that opportunity through her work. Now, she had seen and could still see so much more. 

"What's Unova like than?" She inquired. "I've heard there are a lot of big cities there."

She crossed her legs, brushing bits of grass and dirt from her pants. Tehanu listened intently, perhaps curious of the places he'd not heard of himself. Kalos had only recently been one they'd heard of, after all.

"Just what you'd expect." She answered. "Though, we've been on the trail of a Pokemon named Mesprit for the last few days. It comes and goes so quickly, it's hard to keep up where it ends up. Not to mention my own paranoia with being followed."

That was always somewhat of a troubling thing. One of her Pokemon was always out with her at all times. Some were just too desperate for the legendaries. Snow wished that wasn't the case, however.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Kalista couldn't help but to smother a chuckle at Romulus. He looked eager for the challenge now that it was brought up. If there was time for it maybe it would happen though Kalista wasn't even sure how long Grimsley would be around here much less if they'd end up bumping into each other again.

Romulus would sulk if the chance didn't arise but Kalista wasn't about to force it to happen either. Grimsley was probably busy as it was.

A small grin still played on her lips. It had been a long time since she'd been able to play around and tease someone. More times than not she was there and gone again. The only time she ever really lingered anywhere where the big cities at night when she could admire the way the lights looked, most especially if it rained.

"Hey, you can never be too sure!" she protested lightly.

At the very least her teasing didn't seem to get on his nerves. In fact he seemed to play right along with them. It was a nice change of pace. Too many people were so uppity and serious! They needed to loosen up some.

A grin was back in place on Grimsley's lips then. If she had to say he looked quite pleased though she didn't dwell on it too long. Besides it was all in good fun, even if Romulus looked as if he could care less for the moment.

"My, my, do I hear some wishful thinking?" she shot back. As Kalista had spoken she'd tucked her hand under her chin.

----[x]----
N hummed shortly in response. Fields, huh? He wondered what kinds of Pokémon roamed around them. One of these days he'd have to make a trip there and make some friends. It might do him some good in the long run if he did in any case.

"I'll eventually have to see it for myself," he said softly.

It took him a moment to process the question. He glanced between Snow and Tehanu, both looked intently at him, waiting for an answer. He cleared his throat, fixing his hat as he thought on it.

"I suppose there are quite a few big cities," he started, "I preferred the areas around them personally."

And that had always been the case, he realized. Then again his upbringing had something to do with that, of which N was sure. That didn't need to be drudged up though. So for now he kept that to himself.

He blinked. Mesprit? N couldn't say that he was familiar with that particular Pokémon. Perhaps he could learn a bit more about it while he was in the region. N shook his head, giving a shrug as he did so.

"I can't say that I know that one," he admitted. "I take it that it's caught your attention somehow."

No one chased after any one creature without some curiosity on the matter. Perhaps it was that that caught Snow's attention here. N wasn't about to pry if she didn't answer, however. She seemed to have innocent enough intentions with the Pokémon.

N waited then, unsure of what to say next. He stood awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Grimsley didn't miss the way that Romulus seemed eager at that challenge. They would have to arrange something. There was no point in letting the poor Mightyena down, after all. He'd feel bad about it.

For the moment, it wasn't something they focused on. In time, they might discuss it. For the moment, he was happy catch up with an old friend. It had been a long while, after all.

He chuckled in response to her words. She seemed to enjoy teasing him. He didn't mind it. He hadn't had time for this kind of banter himself. 

"Come now, have a little more faith in me then that!" He joked. "We'll have to play sometimes. That is, if you aren't afraid of losing."

He grinned widely when a certain expression overtook her features. That one was something of determination. Of course she'd take up a challenge. She was the type to, after all.

He chuckled in response to her sly words. Shaking his head slightly, he couldn't help but feel a little cheerful over the prods. It had been a long time since he'd been able to speak to another as naturally as this. Especially that of a woman.

"Hmmm? Well I only speak the truth." He shot back. "Unless you're denying it?"

He couldn't help it. It was becoming too much fun. He was more then glad to have run into her again.
----|x|----

Snow wondered what was on his mind. He was soft spoken. Snow had to wonder if she'd gone a little too far. She could be impulsive with her words at times but she never meant to cause hurt. People normally came to her for advice in the past. She, sometimes, didn't catch that it might not be wanted.

"You might like it," She said. "If you're all the way out here, I assume you like some solitude."

She could only assume at this point, of course. His answer about Unova seemed to back up that idea however. Big cities didn't please a lot of people. If it hadn't been for the fact that she got good pictures there, she would be the same.

"That'll be interesting." She answered with a small smile. "I like to take pictures of people too."

She lifted her head a little again when he asked about the Pokemon she was tracking. A grin spread across her lips as she grabbed her bag. She had caught a blurry image and printed it not too long ago. 

"There are three actually," she explained, digging around in her bag. When she finally found the image, she handed it to him. It was blurry but the figure could at least be made out. "Mesprit, the being of emotions, Uxie, the being of knowledge, and Azelf, the being of the will power. They're said to have created our base emotions, understanding, and will."

She spared a glance toward Tehanu who gave a slight nod in agreement. She was glad she'd gotten the information right. 

"Without them, we very well might not exist as we are today."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:03 am

Romulus seemed content where he was, at least for the moment. No doubt he might want to get off and rest back at that little apartment eventually. For the moment Kalista was glad that he wasn't being impatient. It gave her and Grimsley time to catch up.

And there was that challenge again! It seemed like the Pokémon wouldn't be the only ones with something to look forward to. Kalista wondered if there'd be time for that later on, with how busy Grimsley must be nowadays.

"Well, if you're gonna make it a challenge we'll have to come up with a bet or two along the way!"

If nothing else that ought to make things interesting, if the time could be spared for it. Kalista still had to wonder about that. Even then she didn't say anything on it.

She tipped her head from one side to the other other, pretending to think over an answer. It really was just like old times, even if the topic that they were teasing each other about had changed. It was comforting in a way.

"Well if I said that would be telling," Kalista finally said. A pout adorned her expression then. "And what's the fun in that?"

Kalista shifted her weight from foot to foot. Her knees and feet were really complaining now. Still, she wasn't quite ready to run off after meeting up with Grimsley. She'd rather avoid showing off that ramshackle place she lived at, especially when he was doing so well for himself. It would be embarrassing!

----[x]----
N nodded, taking in the advice. At least Kanto seemed like it had some out of the way spots. He'd like to explore those in the very least. Maybe he'd find something out about himself if he did.

"I'll keep that in mind, too."

He'd drawn quiet again, still unsure of himself and the conversation in a whole. It wasn't like he was used to getting advice from people much less strangers. Even less so when he hadn't even asked for anything of the sort. It left him put off, in a way.

Still, he struggled past that. No use in shying away he guessed. It wouldn't do any good if he did.

"Then you'll find a lot of potential in Unova," N said with another nod. "There are many colorful people there along with the Pokémon."

With that said it was his turn to listen intently. She seemed to know quite a bit about this region's legendaries, or at least the ones she was aiming for photos of. She'd even fished out a blurred photo and handed it off to him. Even as imperfect as it was the shape was there and it was easy to imagine what type of Pokémon it might be.

His head cocked to one side as he inspected the photo. There was a splash of color around the head that made it stand out amid the background. It was what caught N's eye more than anything. Eventually he handed it back, catching the way that Snow had glanced towards Tehanu for confirmation.

"It sounds like Pokémon from all over inspired our existence," N noted. It seemed truthful enough to him at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Grimsley grinned at the Pokemon. He seemed to perk up with the idea of a challenge. Why wouldn't he? Most Pokemon, like their trainers, enjoyed participating in a good challenge.

He didn't mention it but perhaps they hadn't gained a good challenge in a while. It happened once in a while. Some people just grew bored of not being able to have a good challenge to meet their skills.

That was why so many decided to take the league challenges.
"I wouldn't mind it," he answered, motioning to her. "Perhaps in a little while. I suppose we've a destination to get to, after all."

He chuckled then. Her words were still playful. He was glad that he hadn't caused any awkwardness in her. These things happened and with an old friend, he'd rather avoid it. Grimsley didn't want to scare her off. 

"Of course," he said. "You've always found a way to speak in some riddle or the like."

He motioned ahead of them, striding forward a little. "Perhaps we should see the school." He suggested. "I wouldn't mind seeing what kind of students they've attracted this time around."

----|x|----

Snow was glad that he studied the picture. Some wrote it off as being too blurry. The Pokemon she was trying to catch wasn't exactly slow, however. That in and of itself made it different to catch. 

Still, she beamed proudly when he took his time. Perhaps she'd caught his interest with it. Snow couldn't be sure. It wasn't like she'd known him for long, after all. 

"I'm glad to hear it." She answered lightly. 

She shifted slightly, tucking her knees under her. She allowed him time to stare at the photo, mull things over. Reaching out, she patted Tehanu in the process. 

Eventually, he handed the photo back. Snow nodded in agreement. 

"It seems as such, from the stories I've picked up along the way." She answered. "Are there any like that in Unova as well?"

It couldn't hurt to ask. After all, he was from the region - he might know more than anyone else did. Snow felt it was worth a shot, in the very  least.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:33 pm

It looked as if Kalista and Romulus now had some plans to look forward to if the time could be made for them. At least there was that. Too often Kalista grew bored and this was what landed her into wandering off and, sometimes, into trouble.

"Keeps you on your toes," she trilled. Truthfully she didn't see it but maybe she did end up talkin' in riddles now and again.

She blinked, head cocking to one side as Grimsley spoke next. Her hands fell to her hips, curious as to what he had in mind. It didn't take long for Grimsley to elaborate.

Kalista pulled a face, not at all pleased at the idea of walking around that school again. There had only been a teacher or two there that she'd actively liked but not enough to actually go back for a visit. It'd be weird.

"Whhhy would you wanna go back to a boring old place like that?" she groaned. Kalista gusted out a sigh, even as Romulus stood. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt..."

Following after Grimsley Kalista was quick to catch up at his side. Romulus darted ahead, leading the way. The school was just up ahead as it was. The clacking of his claws on the sidewalk were drowned out by the city's sounds around them.

----[x]----
Eventually Snow took to shifting in place, drawing her knees under herself. Tehanu still looked content where he was, next to his trainer. The site left a feeling of loneliness in N that he batted away. He recalled the little Purrloin and Woobat that had quite liked to sit on his lap when things were quiet.

Eventually he'd handed that blurred photo back, noting the way Snow reacted. Was she proud he'd paid any attention to it? His brow furrowed at that. Or maybe he was misreading things. He really was bad at reading people...

N blinked, taking out of his thoughts. For the moment he was grateful for it. He didn't need to be dwelling on all of that now.

"I suppose you could say there are," he said after a moment. "Zekrom and Reshiram come to mind, the ones that are said to come to bestow their help on those who embody ideals or truth."

N shook his head then, rubbing the back of his neck. He and Zekrom had parted ways awhile back. That wasn't a story that needed sharing, though. At least he knew the legends were true. Many wen their whole lives wondering about them.

He scratched at his cheek. What more did they want him to say? With the way Snow was looking at him so intently it almost seemed like she wanted more information.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Grimsley chuckled again. She still had her good humor. That was something he was glad she didn't lose. Some people changed for the worst through the many years. Thankfully, it didn't seem like that was the case with her.

"I suppose I'm over due for that much." He said. 

It was easy to keep pace with her when they did start to walk. Through the years, he'd overtaken her height. She was shorter than he was now. As children, they were about the same height, as he could recall.

"Because I actually have a job to inspire young trainers." He teased in return. "You know, the Elite Four thing, remember?"

He chuckled at the look she sent him. He wasn't surprised by it. Of course, he did hold some responsibilities  regardless of the time he got to himself. 

"What, no happy memories there?" He inquired. "Surely you have to have some with me?" 

It was a light prod. She didn't really enjoy school but in the very least, they did have each other at that time. Even if it took time to break through her hard shell. Grimsley liked to think he'd done that well.

----|x|----

Snow stuffed the picture back into her bag. She wouldn't need it out again unless someone asked or she showed it to another person. Sometimes, she did lose the trail. In fact, it happened more times than she liked to admit.

She was a little excited to hear if there was any information he could give about Unova's legendaries. She glanced up at him again, catching a sad expression. A frown lined her lips at that. 

"Something the matter?" She inquired. 

If she got and answer to that or not, she didn't mind. He simply seemed distressed about something or other. Snow couldn't be sure of what. 

When he did speak up, about two Pokemon named Reshiram and Zekrom, she fished out her notebook and jotted down the information. She liked to at least have some kind of information to look back on.

"Thank you." She answered. She glanced back at him again. "You seem distressed though. I didn't say anything wrong, did I?"

She hoped that wasn't the case. He seemed more awkward then before.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Kalista glanced up at Grimsley, a chuckle escaping her in response. It was then that she really grew aware of just how tall he'd gotten over the years. Kalista huffed at that. Of course she'd be shorter than him, too! Very rarely did anyone her age show up that was shorter than her.

It made it a little difficult to keep up, especially with Romulus darting ahead as he was wont to do. She wouldn't complain though. It wouldn't do much good if she did.

She rolled her eyes in good nature, tossing Grimsley a work. "Oh, now you're just showing off!"

Kalista mulled over what was said next. True, she hadn't had many friends at the school. The few she had she'd often strayed from for days on end. The one she'd been closest to had been Grimsley.

A grin spread over her lips again as a certain memory drifted to the surface. It had been so long ago that she'd nearly forgotten it! Then again she hadn't run into Grimsley since those years spent in the school, either.

"I seem to recall a little boy swearing up and down that he was gonna marry me when we were older," she pointed out, watching Grimsley for his reaction.

Kalista tried to hide her grin again. It wasn't like she was going to hold it to him though seeing his reaction would be well worth it. It was just a schoolyard thing, after all, nothing to put much stock into. Still, it made for good teasing material.

Up ahead the school was getting closer. The yard around it was empty but for some playground equipment. Kids and Pokémon alike would no doubt be all over it again before the day was out.

----[x]----
It took a moment for N to realize there was a question being direct at him. Blinking he quickly shook his head. Smoothing his facial features out he attempted to smile, to wave it all off.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it," he assured. "There's just a lot on my mind lately."

The looks shot his way weren't of ones who were convinced. Clearing his throat he smiled again, this time more sheepishly than before. He didn't want to burden a stranger with what was on his mind. It wasn't fair, even if she did offer.

He gestured to the two of them then. Perhaps a change in topic might be helpful. At the very least N would appreciate it. He wasn't quite ready to wander off on his own again, not so soon after meeting a fascinating Pokémon like Tehanu.

"How long have you been in the area?" he wondered out loud. "It must have been some time, all things considered."

It wasn't like chasing a legend was an easy task, far from it in fact. In a way that was admirable, so long as she stuck to her word. N didn't feel as if she'd have any hidden agenda with the Pokémon, however.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Grimsley glanced at her as she huffed. He'd cause her studying him briefly. She was shorter then him now and perhaps she'd noticed. Perhaps she held some frustrations with that. She was always a short one, even while she was young.
"What?" He started to tease. "Far too short now, hmmm?"

He did pick up his pace at that, grinning rather largely. She was quick to retaliate with a retort. He couldn't help but laugh in response to that.

"Well of course!" Grimsley shot back. "Can't quite keep up with me now, hmm?"

He chuckled again, turning his gaze ahead. It wouldn't be long before they got to that school. He briefly wondered how it had changed through the years. 

He blinked his attention turning back to her. Grimsley couldn't imagine what she was thinking about. There was a thoughtful look on her expression. Eventually, she did speak up. 

Grimsley felt his cheeks warm slightly. He cleared his throat. Honestly, he'd forgotten all about that promise. Children made things like those and for silly reasons. Still, she'd clearly recalled it.

"You remember that?" He inquired. "Well, you've certainly a good memory! I admit, I hadn't quite remembered that one."

He coughed into his fist, trying to get his face to cool. It didn't seem to help but it was worth a try.

----|x|----

Snow wasn't sure what to make of those words. Regardless, if he felt that he could handle it himself, she would leave it be. It wasn't her place if he didn't want to help, after all. She would try to respect that distance.

"Well, if you're sure." She answered. 

She blinked when he gestured to her. It only took a moment for a question to follow. He was changing the subject though she didn't mind. It seemed he wanted to avoid the topic.

She glanced at Tehanu, thinking back. Eventually, she turned her attention back to him. 

"I think a little over a year." She answered. "Not nearly as long as some. I stayed longer in Johto to track down the legendary trio, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou...Never found that Suicune..."

She cleared her throat after, pushing herself to her feet. She had an idea though, it was up to him in the end. Regardless, she smiled. 

"Hey, if you're just traveling, why not tag along? We wouldn't mind the company."

Snow only had her Pokemon most of the time. It seemed like he needed the company too. Whether it was from herself or her Pokemon, she couldn't be sure yet. It couldn't hurt to ask.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Kalista huffed as Grimsley picked up his pace. Of course he would! It had been a long time since anyone had actively teased her about her height though. A pout formed on her lips despite her best efforts against it.

"Hey now!" she protested, doing her best to keep up. "Didn't your parents ever teach you not to pick on cute girls?"

Still, she had to admit that it was nice to have someone around to tease and pick at. Even if she was taking the brunt of it now it was worth it. Kalista had long since gotten used to going from one place to another before she moved on. There weren't many in her network that she'd actively stop and hang with if they were in the area.

Kalista wasn't sure why but she rather liked the look in Grimsley's bright blue eyes when he smiled like that, too. It made it hard not to smile back—after she was done pouting of course.

Up ahead Romulus had lead the way, stopping to sit on the sidewalk. The school was just ahead anyways, the signs a beacon to any seeking it out. Made of brick and with much of the surrounding area cordoned off for recesses and practice battling it was an easy spot among the other buildings.

She couldn't be too sure but when she'd mentioned the little kiddy promise Kalista was positive that his face had started to turn red. The fact that he someone dressed as he was could be so caught off guard and embarrassed by that was quite a sight to see! Sparing a glance at Romulus as they neared it looked as if the Mightyena was highly amused by this as well.

"Well of course! How could anyone forget about the little bookworm proposing time and again?" A chuckle escaped her at Grimsley's reaction before she carried on. "I think you even had Purrloin pretty resigned to the idea!"

It was only a few steps later that they reached Romulus. The doors to the school were shadowed by the overhang, protecting anyone under it from bad weather as best it could. It was here that Kalista stopped, looking as if a light bulb had gone off over her head.

"Speaking of Purrloin!" Kalista spun around to face Grimsley, halting any progress into the actual school. She didn't want to forget now that she'd thought about it. "I have a question to ask you!"

----[x]----
N merely nodded in return to Snow's answer. Of course he was sure. He made no other response to it, however. There would be any need to seem standoffish about it. At least, N hoped he wasn't coming across that way.

Instead of dwelling on that possibility N waited patiently. The two had shared a glance, one that could only be shared between trainer and Pokémon. In a way it was a look N was beginning to like seeing. Before he'd been clouded, the meaning behind it lost to him. N liked to think that his sight had cleared a little in the passing months.

"Seems very time consuming," he noted simply, sharing another glance between them.

He was a little disappointed that Tehanu was so silent. Perhaps the Ninetales had grown used to such conversations. Not many could naturally commune with Pokémon unless it was one of their own. Time was a wonderful thing in that way, allowing trainer and Pokémon to converse with relative ease if the two got along quite well.

He blinked, taken back by the offer. Had he zoned out that long, mulling over his thoughts? N coughed into his fist, a little embarrassed by being so caught off guard by something so simple.

"If you are sure," he answered carefully, "I wouldn't want to intrude."

N spared a smile, one a little more genuine than before. It had been quite awhile since he'd had a traveling partner. Perhaps he could learn something knew from a photographer's point of view. It was definitely worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Grimsley couldn't help but laugh a little at her retort. It was hard not to. She hadn't lost that flare. If he recalled, she'd used that one when she was younger too. It was a common response from her. It was nice to know some things never changed.

"Ah, trust me, teasing cute girls gets their attention, no?" He jested lightly. 

In a way, he'd caught hers again. he couldn't help but feel a little proud over that fact. He didn't often leave a big impression on the others when he was young. In a way, he was surprised she'd recognized him.

He glanced forward, slowing his pace a little to allow her to catch up. He grinned down at her. Seeing her smile back made him a little proud.

It was a little strange. Grimsley didn't have as many natural feeling relationships. With her, it was easier to slip into something comfortable. With that, he was glad. A change of pace was a nice thing.

He could spot the school building up ahead. A feeling of nostalgia overtook him. That old sign hadn't changed much. In fact, from what he could see there weren't many changed at all.

Grimsley chuckled again. At least he'd managed to get that blush under control. He had been a little worried that his face had flushed too much.

"Well, I suppose you wouldn't!" He answered. "Though, I'm a little ashamed to admit that would slip my mind."

It was a little odd. Things just faded with time. Regardless, the reminder did bring back those memories again. 

As they halted near the door, she spoke up again. Grimsley blinked, turning his head to her. He halted, waiting on her to speak up again. 

"Oh?" He started. "And what would that be?"

If anything, he was a little curious now. What did she need to ask?
----|x|----

Snow couldn't be sure what was on his mind. He'd glanced back down at Tehanu for a time, seemingly lost in thought. She wasn't the best with people but she'd never been so awkward or spoken to someone who was so awkward. 

Despite that fact, she didn't mention it. Who knew what he was like. She wouldn't go as far as to make him fell insulted.

She clasped her hands together, waiting on his answer. If anything, she was a little anxious. Traveling with a photographer, in some people's view, was a bit of a one man show. Because of that, she was often alone with her Pokemon.

Eventually he did answer, looking as awkward as before. At least that smile was a little more genuine. She'd been worried she did something wrong.

"I'm glad," She answered with a smile of her own. "I certainly hope that our way a life isn't too boring for you."

Tehanu snorted, if in good amusement. Aside from chasing after legendary Pokemon, they didn't do too many exciting things. An occasional battle came about but not too many.

She glanced down at Tehanu. For a long moment, he seemed to study N. She hummed at that. 

"Maybe later on, you can have a one on one with him." She suggested. "He seems to have taken a lot of interest in you." 
With that said, she hiked her bag back onto her shoulder, motioning for him to follow after. "If we're ready?"

She would start them off. Only she and her Pokemon knew their destination after all. One of the three lakes was nearby. She wanted to see it for herself.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:22 am

Kalista scoffed in good humor, tossing Grimsley a look. That playful answer left a strange fluttery feeling in her chest. She paid little attention to it, even if it was a pleasant feeling. There wasn't much point in brooding over it.

"Well then you're doing a pretty good job at that, huh?" she retaliated lightly.

Their pace had slowed again, for which Kalista was glad for it. She had a quick pace for someone of her height but Grimsley's strides were much longer than hers. It had been some time since she'd had to struggle to keep up with anyone but Romulus.

She held her head high at the mention of remembering something like that. In truth she was a little surprised it had come to mind. Then again he had been the only one their age who'd been so persistent in being her friend at the time. Why that might have been hadn't been anything she'd ever thought to ask.

Bobbing her head from one side to another she mulled over how best to answer. It wasn't an every day sight, after all, not what she was asking about anyways. Still, if she didn't ask...

"About a year or so ago I ran into this Purrloin, it was all kinda blue-black and suuuper cute! I've been trying to track it down for my team since then but it's been pretty hard to find again!" She paused, letting all of that sink in. "Any chance you've heard of its whereabouts?"

She waited then, Romulus trotting up to her side and glancing up at Grimsley. Would she have any luck this time? Kalista certainly hoped that was the case.

----[x]----
She'd risen to her feet before now though now she'd taken to clasping her hands as she'd waited. Snow didn't seem to be one to be impatient so maybe it was merely to occupy herself as she waited. Tehanu seemed much more still, perhaps content where he was.

N shook his head, scoffing in amusement. Boring? He wasn't sure how things could be boring for me nowadays. Every walk of life left him open to learning new things. It was helpful when he was trying to figure out what had been lies and what had been truth.

"I'm sure there'll be a thing or two I can learn," he said.

His gaze drifted back down to Tehanu, taking note of the way the large Pokémon had taken to studying him. Perhaps if he sniffed out any danger that might come from N's presence around Snow he would react. It was admirable, that was for sure.

Startled at the offer he cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck. It looked as if she'd assumed things. Then again many ran about with Pokémon. It was uncommon anymore for anyone to have none. Even as pets they were common...

"I must have given the wrong impression," he admitted. "I've no Pokémon to call my own. Mostly a wild one might tag along for a bit anymore."

He still couldn't quite feel right about bringing a Pokémon along onto a 'team' anyhow. Maybe one day he might get to that point, assuming the Pokémon he ran across might agree to it, of course.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:10 pm

He chuckled again. She still held a good humor about it all. In hindsight, everything could have been worse. In fact, she could have taken offense quite easily. Grimsley was glad that she had not.

They'd never been on a bumpy kind of status, per say. Grimsley had been persistent as a child, trying to gain her friendship but that was about it. It was common to see her annoyed with him at that age.

Now, he couldn't be sure of what changes had happened. She still held much of her same personality. Regardless, time did change things. He just hadn't witnessed them yet.

He tilted his head as they halted, waiting on her to speak up. She seemed to mull over it before she actually did. What she explained was truly fascinating.

"I've never seen a Purrloin like that," he answered. "But I've heard reports of strange colored Pokémon. They're very rare, as far as I know. They're also highly sought out when people find out about them. Statistically, I've heard out of thousands of a single species, only one will be odd colored."

She didn't seem to be so happy about the answer. Grimsley rubbed the back of his neck at that.

"Not to say it's impossible." He added. "Perhaps if you continue tracking, you'll find it again."

That in and of itself gave Grimsley an idea of what she was hanging about Unova for. Perhaps, given time, he could help find that Purrloin as well.

----|x|----

Snow's grin only seemed to widen at his answer. He was someone willing to learn of another's way of life. That was a good thing. Most people preferred doing their own thing, after all.

"Great to know," She chimed. "It's not often I find someone who's not going to rush off for their own thing."

It wasn't as if she berated those people. She'd just like company now and again. Most took to league challenges. Some even wondered why she didn't do the same.

Snow couldn't explain why really. She figured it was simply a lack of wanting to compete. She had a passion and she chased after it.

She frowned a little at the new. No Pokémon? That wasn't something she was quite used to hearing. Every person, trainer or traveler had at least one. That was a strange thing to hear. She glanced down at Tehanu for a moment before she grinned again.

"Well, I'll just have to share mine then," She said. Tehanu let out a long cry, as if agreeing with the idea. Before he could protest or if he even wanted to, she continued. "You'll meet my others later tonight. We best get going while we still have some light."

With that said, she started them off. Tehanu lingered, waiting on him to start moving as well. Only when N had started walking did he follow.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Kalista didn't have to wait long for Grimsley to answer. Even so she found herself anxious for the answer. Every so often she got some good information to root around with, seeking out that Purrloin. It was still hard to find and she'd only ever caught maybe two glimpses of it since that first sighting over the years.

She heaved a heavy sigh at the information. Grimsley wasn't the first to warn her of the whole statistic thing. It was a little discouraging each time she heard it though she tried not to dwell on that.

"Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that," Kalista admitted. Romulus nudged her thigh with his snout, giving a sound of encouragement as he did so.

Kalista didn't say it but she was beginning to think she was chasing something she wasn't ever going to catch up with again. The Purrloin was crafty, that was for sure. Or maybe it was just luck in its favor.

Placing her fists on her hips Kalista shook her head. Despite the encouragement from Grimsley and Romulus it didn't do much to strike up her motivation again. Maybe she was better off just filling that emptied spot on her team with something else...

"Maybe I'll just hitch a ride over to that Kalos region one of these days instead," she muttered. Another shake of the head followed before she gestured to the school's doors. "Weeeell? Let's not leave the kids waiting for little Grimmy!"

With that she pushed open the door, holding it open for Grimsley and Romulus to follow after. It would be a quick trip to the office for visitor's passes after that. With Grimsley here it would no doubt be something of an interesting process, considering his fame.

----[x]----
N smiled, sparing a nod towards Snow and Tehanu. It must have been a frustrating thing to have people come and go before one was ready to say goodbye to them. Or perhaps she just liked having the company. N had to keep reminding himself that he didn't know either of them well yet to make such guesses. In time he might come to learn such things but until then making those assumptions might be presumptuous.

"I can't say that I have much to run off to as of the moment," he admitted.

It grew quiet after that, causing N to wonder what was on Snow's mind. Whatever it was she took her time in gathering her thoughts, glancing at Tehanu in the process. N waited politely, folding his hands over his lap carefully. Rushing them wouldn't do anything to help the conversation along.

He blinked. Sharing pokémon? His heart thudded in his chest and he lifted his hands, waving them before him like he was attempting to shield away the idea itself. "You don't have to do that! Really!" he argued, "I'd rather not make them feel uncomfortable."

In his time being able to study actually kind and caring trainers N had come to realize that. Many pokémon grew quite protective over their trainers as well and refused to be parted from them for any amount of time if it could be helped. With his luck Snow's team might not take to him as well as her partner Ninetales had!

N cleared his throat, ducking his head afterwards. Snow didn't seem to be convinced about that answer. Perhaps she might even insist on it. N wasn't sure if he'd even be able to argue against it for long. If she was adamant about it what more could be done?

Last edited by Mad Hatter's Passion on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}   {PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{PKMN} Here's to Us {Reserved}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next