AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Need a few tips Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Need a few tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

PokéPartner : I love Suicune. =3

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 am

This might be stupid but I need a few tips or just simple help on how to write something.

I wanna do a V-day one-shot... I know that it's really late to do one now but I still wanna do one.

But the thing is... I don't really know how.  Depressed 

I didn't know how to do fluffy... even if I do fluffy stories without knowing it.

So if you can give me a few tips on how, I would be really happy.

Oh the one-shot is going to be a Kurama X OC... and the oc is going to be my oc, Rose.

So please help.
Back to top Go down
http://taintedwingz.weebly.com
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Need a few tips 2nged5x

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:44 am

If you're just needing to do fluff, it's pretty easy.

It could be as simple as leading up to kisses and cuddles to having the Oc or canon character doing something nice for each other. If it would help, you can always read some of the fan fiction around the site and get a general feel of fluff from those. There are a lot of fluffy drabbles on the site. 

I can link you a few if you would like it. 
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:52 am

So A V-day one-shot is like a fluffy one-shot?

Please list a few. ^^
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Salya wrote:
So A V-day one-shot is like a fluffy one-shot?

Please list a few. ^^

It can be, yes. It all depends on what direction you want it to go in. If you want to have a fluffy V-Day one shot, you can write it as such. 

Links:

Tender Heart

Birthday Candles

Make the Time

Waiting for You

We will Fall Together

Hold my Hand

Smores

Candy Hearts

Walk in the Woods

I just picked through some blog updates, some are mine others are from the other admin and another user. That might give you enough to look at and see what direction fluff can go in, depending on what you're planning to do~.
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:07 pm

I see. I don't plan on doing anything sexual.. like I normally do. I oddly want to try doing something really cute.

Thanks. I'll go read over them now. ^_^ It will give me something to do. lol
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Salya wrote:
I see. I don't plan on doing anything sexual.. like I normally do. I oddly want to try doing something really cute.

Thanks. I'll go read over them now. ^_^ It will give me something to do. lol

Haha. Well, we allow lemons on the site now so if it's something that you want to do like that eventually, we have mature folders in each section.

Fluff can be pretty easy though and it's interesting to see how every one does it differently. I hope those help but if not, just keep on posting here~. 
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 pm

I noticed that but I'm trying to do different things now days. I'm always doing rated M stories. ^_^

The ones you picked out are really interesting. Not sure of the pairings but they are really interesting. Even the ones you wrote are interesting. I'm sure they will help once I get an idea for the one-shot that I wanna do. lol
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Salya wrote:
I noticed that but I'm trying to do different things now days. I'm always doing rated M stories. ^_^

The ones you picked out are really interesting. Not sure of the pairings but they are really interesting. Even the ones you wrote are interesting. I'm sure they will help once I get an idea for the one-shot that I wanna do. lol

Of course! It's always nice to branch out and try new things!

Haha, well thank you. The pairings don't so much matter as the example. If it's given you some ideas, then it worked out~.
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:00 pm

True. XD Plus if it helps my writing skills then I'm willing to try anything.

They helped. I see how they are really cute. Also do fluff one-shots need to be really short? or does the word count really not matter?

My one-shots seems to jump a lot on word counts. lol
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Salya wrote:
True. XD Plus if it helps my writing skills then I'm willing to try anything.

They helped. I see how they are really cute. Also do fluff one-shots need to be really short? or does the word count really not matter?

My one-shots seems to jump a lot on word counts. lol

We are certainly here to help if you need it for your writing~. 

Good, I'm glad to hear it! And no, your one shot can be any length you want it to be. Those that I listed as examples were all drabbles, which are supposed to be written kind of short. 

One shots you can obviously write at any length you want it to be. :3
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm glad. heh It's weird for me to ask for help from others that isn't my bestie but it seems to helped when I did. =3 I'm really glad that I joined this forum.

So fandub one-shots are normally short? 500 words or something.

Alright. ^_^ I checked. my shortest one-shot was 441 as my longest one... isn't done yet. I looked at all of my one-shots... a few are done and that are in the 900s... give or take a few words. lol I should post a few that are done... -thinks-
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Salya wrote:
I'm glad. heh It's weird for me to ask for help from others that isn't my bestie but it seems to helped when I did. =3 I'm really glad that I joined this forum.

So fandub one-shots are normally short? 500 words or something.

Alright. ^_^ I checked. my shortest one-shot was 441 as my longest one... isn't done yet. I looked at all of my one-shots... a few are done and that are in the 900s... give or take a few words. lol I should post a few that are done... -thinks-

Sometimes it can be. Most are willing to give ya a hand though. 

Oh, no, no! That's not what I meant! Drabbles are written short because they are normally just following one a simple theme, like the ones you read.

One shot's don't have a limit at all. You can make it as long as you one, whether it's fifteen hundred words or ten thousand.

But yes, you could always post those if you'd like~. We could always use a little more fan fiction around~.
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 pm

I'll be happy for any help that I can get since everyone... even the school said that my mind is behind... -_- I barely got out of high school. lol Oh well I'm still learning.

Oh.. Ok ^^ I'm guessing the longer is it, the harder to stay onto the theme?

O_O... I don't think I can write something that long. 2,000 words or around that is my limit... I think. XD It depends on the idea.

I do a LOT of fanfics. I'm trying out doing original too but they are all fantasy based. lol I don't do RL like stories. I'll start posting the ones that are done. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Salya wrote:
I'll be happy for any help that I can get since everyone... even the school said that my mind is behind... -_- I barely got out of high school. lol Oh well I'm still learning.

Oh.. Ok ^^ I'm guessing the longer is it, the harder to stay onto the theme?

O_O... I don't think I can write something that long. 2,000 words or around that is my limit... I think. XD It depends on the idea.

I do a LOT of fanfics. I'm trying out doing original too but they are all fantasy based. lol I don't do RL like stories. I'll start posting the ones that are done. ^_^

Everyone has a little room to learn a new thing or two. I still have to learn a lot too~. 

Ah, well, it depends. Drabbles were started as a way to write for a theme and were only supposed to be about one hundred words. It was basically a way to test the writers ability to write for a theme with few words but still get the point across. 

Most of us kind of write drabbles longer simply because we can. I suppose they would be more like ficlets now. 

Hahah, if I'm having a really good day, I can write over two thousand words but it always depends on how I'm feeling and if I'm in a writing mood.

I'm glad to hear it! Having some more fan fiction floating about would be a really great thing! I've got a few things myself that I still have to edit and post~.
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

True. So true. xD and to think I hated learning in school. Yet I'm more willing to learn now than then. lol

Interesting. I didn't really know that. I read on quizilla that a lot of fandubs are 500 words. But as you said, it seems to depend on the writer and the site. lol

XD If I'm in a writing mood or not, If I get an idea, I have to write it down.. well Type it since I don't write anything now days. lol my wrist... I think that's the right word, anyways it wont allow me to hand write more then a few things at a time. lol But I don't really know what I'm good day word count would be. lol

I'll try to work on more and finish them. lol I got a few animes/games that I need to do an one-shot from. lol
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Salya wrote:
True. So true. xD and to think I hated learning in school. Yet I'm more willing to learn now than then. lol

Interesting. I didn't really know that. I read on quizilla that a lot of fandubs are 500 words. But as you said, it seems to depend on the writer and the site. lol

XD If I'm in a writing mood or not, If I get an idea, I have to write it down.. well Type it since I don't write anything now days. lol my wrist... I think that's the right word, anyways it wont allow me to hand write more then a few things at a time. lol But I don't really know what I'm good day word count would be. lol

I'll try to work on more and finish them. lol I got a few animes/games that I need to do an one-shot from. lol

It is interesting, though like you said, it depends on the writer. I debate going back and trying to get things at just one hundred words but sometimes it's rather difficult.

Haha. I tend to be that way too. If it's a drabble, ficlet or just writing down ideas, I'll write it in a notebook but anything longer gets typed out. Saves myself some paper and ink that way. 

Hey, good to hear! Glad you'll be posting about a little again. Seems like it's been a long while~. 
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:21 pm

I can understand that. I think it's harder to take words away then it is to add more words. xD I get told a lot to add more detail. So I don't really think of taking words away.

I got a lot of paper around my room. Even a few stories that I wrote back in school. I oddly like to have a lot of paper just in case I, my mom, or my bestie needs it. lol Typing is a lot easier on me since I'm a computer freak. lol

Yea. I'm sorry around that. I haven't really been updating my site for my stories much ether. But I promise once I get my new desktop, I'll post a lot more. My laptop hates me a lot. It's only really good for typing and playing rpgs on. -sighs- The browsers are f**ked up... and I'm only online now because the browser that I'm using, is being really nice to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Salya wrote:
I can understand that. I think it's harder to take words away then it is to add more words. xD I get told a lot to add more detail. So I don't really think of taking words away.

I got a lot of paper around my room. Even a few stories that I wrote back in school. I oddly like to have a lot of paper just in case I, my mom, or my bestie needs it. lol Typing is a lot easier on me since I'm a computer freak. lol

Yea. I'm sorry around that. I haven't really been updating my site for my stories much ether. But I promise once I get my new desktop, I'll post a lot more. My laptop hates me a lot. It's only really good for typing and playing rpgs on. -sighs- The browsers are f**ked up... and I'm only online now because the browser that I'm using, is being really nice to me. lol

It really can be sometimes, ever more so to get the point across in one hundred words.

Haha, I know a few that are like that. Not that it's a bad thing at all. Some people just feel more comfortable typing it all out~.

Ah, have you checked your computer for malware? Sometimes malware will effect your browsers as well. I had it a couple times in the past and had to download malwarebytes to get ride of it all.
Back to top Go down
Salya
Scooter
Scooter
Salya

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:15 pm

lol That's why I try not to take away.

lol I'm glad that I'm not too weird. Sadly most of my paper is just from high school. Mom rarely gets me a new notebooks.

mhm. I have 3 scans that check everything in my laptop when I turn it off and when I turn in on. lol They are annoying since I have to wait a lot.

I'm getting sleepy. So I'm getting off here and let the A..whatever Care do it's scan. lol I can't spell it. All I know is that it's a blue scan with a big C. lol I also use Ccleaner. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need a few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips   Need a few tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a few tips
Page 1 of 1