AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Tips on how to beat Writer's Block?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinko
Scooter
Scooter
Rinko

DigiPartner : Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? 048Renamon
PokéPartner : Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? 570

Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Empty
PostSubject: Tips on how to beat Writer's Block?   Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 am

I tend to write things down on my computer. I like writing, it helps me with thinking and expression. Lately though, I've been having trouble writing things down, like just little stories or even journal entries. All I do is look at the screen with a blank mind, look up prompts on the internet, write a little bit down using the prompt, but then I won't know how to continue with the rest and delete it all. I always do this with everything I write. I just don't know how to continue my story or even how to start. Most of the time when I try to brainstorm, I do write-UPS (just write as much as I can and try to form a idea from there) but now, it just doesn't work.

I really want to start writing again so I'd really appreciate any tips on beating writer's block whatsoever! Even if it's just a really small tip. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
atomic
Fluff Master
Fluff Master
atomic

PokéPartner : Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? 181

Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to beat Writer's Block?   Tips on how to beat Writer's Block? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 pm

So I saw this unanswered and I decided to answer it because I too am in the chaos of writer's block. Also this was rather answered in some other place I believe, but this will just be here in case.

To be quite honest, these is no "one and only method to banish writer's block". It can take about weeks or months to over come this common obstacle. Everyone is different and uses different methods to beat their writing slump. So, story short, sometimes someone else's method won't work for you. You kind of have to figure it out for yourself as to what will work? 

BUT, I will give some tips on what to try (some common ones that have been told) as well as tell you what I do sometimes. There is nothing wrong with looking at other peoples examples.

My method

I do nothing. Simply nothing. If I get into a writer's block, I won't type up anything--I won't beat my brain to force words to come out. I'll laze around, really. Play video games, eat food, continue on with life. When I come across a prompt or anything, I'll jot it down incase I plan to use it in the future, but I won't write anything for it. 
Next, when I start to have an idea form in my mind. I don't touch it. If it sticks with me then it's meant to be written, if not then it wasn't meant to be.
However, this sometimes works for me? Basically, I just take a break from writing, I suppose?

Other Methods

Listening to Music: Go to Youtube or set the music on your iPhone/MP3 Player on shuffle; just jam out. It can be OST music from your favorite video games/movies/shows or your favorite artists. Sometimes, as some have claimed, that it helps them visual a scene that they want to write.

Re-read your favorite books: Or just read any book that looks interesting to you. Don't the authors that write the books you love inspire you sometimes? Bask in others creativity. It doesn't have to be limited to books. Video games, movies, poems, paintings, anything that is creative.

Just Write What Comes to Mind: Don't worry about it making sense at the moment because you'll be the only one reading what you wrote right now. This is only for your eyes. Even though what your mind just barfed onto the page might not be good, it's not the end. It's not supposed to be good anyways.

Move your body: Apparently for some, working out or just being active helps them. Having your body active will help your brain get active. 

Take a Break: Sometimes you just need to get away from writing and just focus on yourself for the moment. Writing can wait for the moment. You need to relax and take your mind off of everything that is writing. 

----------------------

But these are just my two cents and what I've asked others/researched/tried myself. 

Just out of curiosity, what does every else do to tackle writer's block? Or add some more tips/methods that you've read about or heard? 
Back to top Go down

Tips on how to beat Writer's Block?
Page 1 of 1