AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Empty
PostSubject: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Something in her side, it hurt, more so when someone jabbed here there, asking if she was awake... Who was it jabbing her where she was already sore? Why was she sore there? All she could remember was that she'd found a pretty stone with green markings and in a strange situation involving what may or may not have been a large cloud of fireflies--or so she thought they were--she'd woken up here. Where was here though?

Arm hugging her side tightly, Rekka tried to ignore the soreness there as she blinked around blearily to catch sight of a tanned boy with large ears, tapering out to a point. Did the confused, almost wary look on his face mimic her own? Maybe.

She swatted at his hand hanging near her side. There was no further desire to have that spot poked at so hard again. Didn't the weird boy know that hurt?

"Stop that!" she snapped. "Who are you and where am I?"

The trees and plants around her weren't familiar in anyway except for the fact that they were green and brown. The muggy air clung to her skin, making her hot and sticky already despite having just woken up. Hadn't it been chilly out? Rekka remembered being called out to to put on a jacket before playing outside...

"W-What were all those fireflies doing and where did they go...?"
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:39 pm

What was going on here? Rapp had been minding his own business when a bright light nearly blinded him. The sounds of animals and other creatures had been a rather large hint that something was near by but...what to do?

He had scratched at his head, contemplating the task before he finally shrugged his shoulders and followed where the light had been. Maybe it was something important?

What he did stumble upon wasn't quite what he expected. A girl laid on the ground, passed out. Rapp had knelt down, studying her for a long moment. She was weird, pale, and really scrawny. What was more, her clothes were even weirder.

Who in the heck was this person?

Instead of shaking her awake, Rapp did what any other sensible person would do. He started jabbing at her side. It did well enough. She'd started to rouse, though not in a very pleased manner, all but swatting his hand away from her, questioning him immediately.

He blinked, staring down at her for a moment before he spoke, "I could ask ya the same thing. Who are ya and what are ya doin' all the way out here?"

There was something of a friendly jest in his tone. He wasn't quite taking this girl seriously. From the looks of it, she didn't have anything dangerous on her, so why worry?

"Fireflies?" he echoed after she'd spoken again, "Sure ya didn't hit your head or somethin? That's a lot of crazy talk, ya know?"

-----[x]-----

Grace stumbled as she walked, her head pounding. It was enough that the earthquake had nearly brought down the mental home but she was lucky. She had gotten out alive. Now, she dealt with humans who were panic, screaming about Armageddon and medication withdrawals.

Keeping focused was hard. She had seen more than one person trying to take advantage of her state, stumbling around like she was drunk. Without her spirit to protect her, Grace was afraid to find out what might have happened.

Soran couldn't protect her from everyone, however. As Grace was moving through another town, a building had started to collapse. She tried to run but was still caught up in the crash, a large slab of concrete trapping her leg. She struggled with it, tired and weak as it was, unable to move the thing.

"Why, why?" she muttered to herself, "Can't catch a break, never could, never could."

In those moments, she didn't notice Soran slip away, her eyes downcast. Her vision began to blur but she still tried to move the slab. She couldn't die here. Not when she was finally free of that place...

"Soran, help...help me," she begged. To her dismay, she received no answer.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 am

The boy didn't seem to bothered by her grumpy words. She huffed at that, moving to sit more comfortably instead of just lying in the dirt and grass. As the boy spoke she glanced around, trying to spot anything recognizable. Nothing stood out to her. How'd she end up here at all?

Rekka huffed, turning back to the long-eared boy. "Hey, I asked you first!" she protested.

At her next question the boy only looked confused. Had Rekka said something wrong? It seemed she'd had if only because he'd soon started grinning again and claiming she'd hit her head or something. Another huff left her and she glared at the boy. Or was it more of a pout? Well, it didn't matter either way!

"Sh-Shut up! I didn't hit my head, dummy!" she yelled. At least she didn't think so. The only place Rekka hurt was at her side, the very spot this long-eared boy had jabbed at her moments ago. "There were lots of pretty lights and then I woke up to you poking me! That was rude, y'know?"

----[x]----

How long had he traveled out this way? Mohammed wasn't sure, having spent quite a bit of time in this section of the world nowadays at Hao's behest. To go and aid the shamans as humans were eradicated, that was what he'd been told to do anyways. Many had seemed capable enough though there were those who had no proper training, locked up under false pretenses of mental health problems.

Mohammed scoffed, glancing around he panicking streets. So the chaos was spreading even here now? Hao seemed to be taking his time for someone so powerful now. Perhaps it was intentional, if only to allow more shamans to survive in the long run. Not much use of a king if there was no one to rule over, after all.

His thoughts were broken at the sight of a snowy white owl, the feathers brighter than anything in the area. The smoke and fires didn't help the environment but to make this spirit easier to see. Mohammed cocked his head to one side, peering at it as it neared him. Could it sense he was a shaman? Perhaps...

"What is it? You seem to be in a hurry," he called, holding out a hand in greeting. If the owl was aiming for him perhaps it was to find aid for another shaman. Mohammed readied himself for the possibility.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 12:22 am

Well, she was loud. So loud that it made his ears hurt. What was he supposed to do? She was a weird girl and bringing her back to the village would make for weirder questions. Still, everyone else had to have seen that light.

Again she insisted on his name but he didn't think he should give it! After all, she was the weird one here, not him. By obligation, that should mean she should give her name first.

"I ain't tellin' until you tell me your name!" he replied stubbornly.

Her explanation for what she saw didn't clear anything up. Then again, Rapp wasn't exactly good at listening or figure things out when stuff got too weird. Maybe she was telling the truth. It didn't seem like she had any reason to really lie.

"You sure about that?" he said, pointing at his head, "I heard when people hit their head real hard, they sometimes see stars. Maybe that's what you saw!"

She didn't seem to appreciate the comment, looking more annoyed than anything else. What was he supposed to do? It was the best answer he had and one that made sense, at least to him!

"Anyways, I had to poke ya! You weren't movin' and I thought you might've been playin' dead, cause you're weird and all!"

-----[x]-----

Soran worried more by the day now that Grace was out and about. The medication those humans forced into her were leaving her body but she was a mess in turn. She couldn't take care of herself. It was only by luck he'd managed to help her in her times of need at all.

When she had become pinned between the road and a slab from a building, Soran had no choice but to find someone to help her. Would a shaman even be nearby? They seemed so few and there was so much panic.

What seemed like hours must have only truly been that of minutes. Soran had paused, sensing someone and flew toward them. Thankfully, he had a good eye, drawing close and asking what was wrong. Instead of answered, Soran merely took airborne again, somewhat grabbing his arm to urge him to follow before flying off to where Grace was pinned down.

It was easier for Soran to navigate the area and a few times, he had to stop and wait on the shaman. It didn't matter. As long as someone could help Grace. Still, it doubled the time it took to get back.

When he found her again, she was still trying to move the slab, muttering nonsense, panic clearing having settled in her.  He landed on the slab, waiting for the shaman to catch up, if only to try and comfort his partner.

"Soran, where did you go?" he heard her mutter in between other odd things, "Why did you leave? Don't leave me again. Don't leave..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 am

Rekka blinked, a little taken aback. He wasn't gonna give his name? She huffed, the pain in her side forgotten in that moment as she instead planted her hands on her hip.

"No way, that's rude! You should give your name before asking a girl hers!" she argued again. Really, how like a boy! No matter how strange he was he was still kinda dumb and stubborn like the other boys Rekka knew. "And I didn't see any stars, I saw pretty fireflies!"

This boy seemed pretty sure of his assumptions. Annoyed, Rekka reached out to yank at his ear in retaliation. He wasn't even listening anymore so, she'd make sure he was this time! Besides, didn't he know how to treat a girl? Being so rude wasn't how to do it at all!

"You're the strange one here, not me!" she once again protested. "I just wanna know where I am, dummy!"

----[x]----

The owl had merely grasped at his arm, an attempt to tug him along after it if Mohammed had ever seen on. Curious as to what had this little spirit so riled up, he followed after dutifully albeit carefully. There were still many humans about, some taking advantage of the confusion and chaos in their midst to cause more harm or to gain an upper hand for themselves. Mohammed dealt with those most stubborn and in his way but otherwise tried to ignore them.

A shaman might very well be in danger, he had to try to do something to help. It wasn't in his nature to just give up because the path was a difficult one.

His thoughts were a whirl, wondering how bad the damage would be and if he could even help. Perhaps it would already be too late with how many times Mohammed had to deal with something along the way, whether it be a crowd keeping him at bay or someone causing more trouble for those around them. One brave human had even attempted to level a gun at him though he was too slow to properly aim and pull the trigger before Mohammed had dealt with him.

Finally a muttered voice reached his hears, belonging to a ragged-looking woman who seemed in need of rest, food and maybe a bath. Mohammed's brow furrowed as he drew close enough to hear her muttered words, turned towards that of the owl spirit who'd led him here. Was she even aware that Mohammed was there?

"Your spirt, Soran, is it? He brought me here to help," Mohammed called out, holding up his hands cautiously. He wasn't so sure about this woman just yet.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:22 am

There she went again, getting loud. It really made his ears ring. What was she on about, being rude or something? He wasn't being rude! It was just natural for the odd person to speak up first!

"Hey, it's not my fault you're the weird one here!" he shouted back, "I won't give my name until you tell me yours!"

He was stubborn enough and he would ensure that he got her name at some point or another, even if it meant swallowing his own for the a week, a month, a year even!

Before anything else could be said, she reached out and grabbed his ears, hard. Rapp had to resist a yelp of pain as she started to pull them. In quick retaliation, he reached out and started pulling her own.

"Who're you calling rude just a minute ago, huh?" he shouted back, "Normal people don't pull on other people's ears! You're the rude one!"

Still, he refused to give his name, gritting his teeth as he didn't loosen his grip on her ears. This seemed to only make her tighten her own grip but for the moment, Rapp didn't care. He'd win this contest even if his ears turned red!

-----[x]-----

Grace's heart pounded against her chest with every minute that passed. The sounds around her seemed like a far off, distant echo, startling her further. Was she going t die here?

That's when a voice rang out, thick with an accent she didn't recognize. The deciphered the words but instead of relief, fear ran through her. She gasped, a breath catching in her throat as she stared at the man.

"He'll help you," Soran assured.

Even so, Grace shook her head, fear apparent on her expression. "No, no, no, Soran. He's gonna hurt us." Why should she put any trust in a human when they caused her so much pain?

Soran shook his head, turning back toward the man. It was clear he kept a distance, a wise choice for the time before.

"Forgive her. Up until now, she had been locked away...At the moment, she is not right in the head. It may take time before...what they put in her works it's way out. She is not overly fond a people either but when she understands you are like her, I assure you, things will run a little smoother..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:45 am

She wasn't sure what she'd expected next but it wasn't for the weird boy to reach and yank at her ears in return. Rekka gritted her teeth together to avoid a yelp of pain and surprise, an eye squeezed shut as if that somehow helped ward off the pain. It only made her more stubborn to get the weird boy to answer first.

"No, I'm not! You're being a brat so this is what you get!" she huffed once again. All she'd wanted to know was where she'd woken up at, where her mom and dad might even be at! Was that so wrong? "Stupid!"

Would he back down eventually? If not Rekka wasn't sure what was gonna happen, she sure wasn't going to give up. Not to this weird boy! It seemed like hours that they stood like that, yanking at the other's ears and arguing. But was it really? Rekka figured it didn't matter, not when someone else started calling out.

"Rapp? What's going on over there? You should know better than to run off!"

Rekka blinked, grip loosening on the strange boy's ears. Who was calling out and who was Rapp? The weird boy looked a little fearful, maybe even annoyed. Was he Rapp? She blinked again, really taking in the odd boy's features and the way he'd grown so worried. A sly look crossed Rekka's face at that.

"Rapp, huh?" she teased under her breath, just as another figure appeared through the thicket of underbrush and trees.

Rekka didn't have to spare much of a glance to spot the similarities between the stranger and who she guessed was Rapp by his reactions to the name. Both were rather tanned with long ears and dark eyes. Where was she that long ears were normal? Rekka couldn't figure it out at all. She couldn't be anywhere near home... The thought was brushed aside when the man finally spoke upon halting to observe the sight before him.

"Rapp, who is this and what's going on here? You shouldn't have run off after that light!" the man scolded, moving forward to draw Rapp away from Rekka by his shoulder.

----[x]----

Mohammed's brow furrowed deeply upon this woman's reaction. She feared him and seemed reluctant to even glance his way. What was her story that such a strong reaction overrode the danger she was in? The concrete slab that pinned her where she was had to be moved! It might have already damaged the leg if it was heavy enough...

His gaze turned to Soran, nodding carefully at the owl's wise warning. At the very least the spirit seemed to know just what his shaman partner needed even if she herself did not.

"I see," he murmured, hands still held up to show he meant no harm. It didn't seem to be doing much good however. "I'll be sure to take care then."

If nothing else the warning was appreciated. Mohammed turned his attention back to her, ready to try to help her, even if it meant a fight with her. Just leaving her as she was, Mohammed wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did that. He was meant to protect those who couldn't do so on their own.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. What's happened to you, it shouldn't have been done," Mohammed coaxed, taking a hesitant step towards her. He stopped at the fearful way she'd responded, cowering away from him even then. "Your Soran, I can see him too, you know? He's that bright white owl sitting right there, correct?"

He jerked his head in Soran's direction, hoping that this might help him. Showing her that he could see what she did as well, that she was not alone--it might just be enough to give him a chance to aid her.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 am

Neither of them were going to let each other go at this rate. It was almost like this girl was just as stubborn as he was! That was a surprise. Rapp hadn't met anyone as stubborn as he was just yet.

His grip loosened slightly when he heard his fathers voice. Rapp blinked before he quickly let go and turned to the man, offering nothing more than a nervous laugh at the look he received. At least he hadn't up and punished him just yet!

"But I had to know what it was!" Rapp protested, "And besides, it was just this weird girl!"

Rapp glanced at her, shooting a look as she taunted him. Well, his name was out now and that gave the girl the upper hand...Rapp didn't know her name now but she knew his. That just wasn't fair in his book! He'd have to find another way to win the game.

"It's ain't like she's gonna do anything," he continued after a moment, "Look at 'er. She's all...weird but nothin' more than that."

Despite the protests, Rapp's father still looked rather upset. He knew why as well but Rapp wanted to know what the light was. To find this girl and nothing more, he didn't know how he felt about that.

-----[x]-----

Panic swelled in Grace. Soran was talking to this human, he was talking, right? No, that couldn't be the case. No one saw him, no one else but her. That made her crazy, right? That's what they told her all those years!

And yet, this man said he saw Soran, even nodding toward the owl. Still, she held her doubts, her breath coming in ragged gasps. If she could have dragged herself away, she would have, but she was trapped in this place.

All she could do was try and push him away if need be, beg, plead for him not to hurt her. Would he even listen? It wasn't like anyone had before.

"Don't take me back," she begged, cowering away from the man, "Please, I don't want to go back. Don't take me back there."

It was all the could muster, somewhat aware how her voice cracked with emotions she couldn't quite recall. The medication they had put her on often dulled such strong things. Now that she felt them again, it was all very overwhelming.

"That place is gone, Grace, Soran tried to reassure, if only to aid the man who approached her, "No one can take you back there again."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:24 am

Rekka let her hands fall to her sides as she glanced between Rapp and who she guessed was his dad. What was so wrong about her that he was steering Rappa away from her? They'd just been tugging at each other's ears, it wasn't like they'd been biting or punching! Or was it 'cause her ears weren't like theirs?

She remained quiet, uncertain now that an adult was here. She wished her mom or dad was here too but she'd woken up alone...

"It may have been nothing dangerous this time but there are still monsters out in the forest. You're too small to fight them off right now," his dad was telling him, glancing warily at Rekka once or twice.

He didn't look like he was gonna push her away but he did look confused and that left Rekka nervous. Was he just gonna leave her here? She fidgeted, her frown deepening. It'd be embarrassing to admit she was lost and scared in front of the dumb, rude boy but she wanted to go home... Rapp's insistence that she was the odd one didn't help any.

"Dummy! I'm not weird, I'm lost!" she scolded Rapp again. "You're the weirdo!"

Rapp's father seemed to observe her for a moment or so before a careful shake of his head followed. Soon after he was offering a rather bright smile, gesturing for her to come nearer and said
"Well, it wouldn't be right to just leave a lost child alone out here. I'm sure the Elder might know what to do."

----[x]----

It didn't seem that this woman was going to listen right away. Of course, she wouldn't, not if she'd spent years in an asylum and had been made to believe she was wrong, insane. It wouldn't be easy at this rate but then most things hadn't been in his life. This was no different, really, only the manner in which he had to approach the situation.

Still, watching this was rather gut-wrenching...

"I've no intentions to take you anywhere you don't wish to go," he promised. Whatever had happened to the asylum she'd been placed in he hadn't a clue. Perhaps it had been broken down in the earthquake that had started this precursor to the shaman-only world. "I only want to help you. That slab needs to be pushed off before it does any lasting damage."

Mohammed braved another step forward. There was still so much distance left to go between them and so many cries and yells that filled the air. No one seemed to be bothered much by the girl cowering against concrete rubble and the man trying to help her. Perhaps it was for the best that way. It didn't matter, so long as they stayed out of his way.

"Soran brought me here to help you, won't you let me do that for him at least?" Was this the right tactic? Mohammed couldn't be sure but with how delirious the woman seemed it might not matter. Swapping tactics, so long as it wasn't so bluntly that she'd catch on in her confused state, could be done if one didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:44 am

Rapp crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. It might have been true, there might have been monsters here, but the light scared everything away. There weren't even animals scurrying about now! Rapp thought better than to argue though. That would get him some real punishment.

Instead, he glanced back at the girl when she protested once more. What she said wasn't so strange. It was true, she seemed to be lost. Still, Rapp planned on giving her a hard time about it in the future.

"Weirdos get lost," he commented instead, sticking his tongue out at the girl.

His father seemed to have plans for her, if only to keep her safe. The forest could be a dangerous place and, loathe he was to admit it, even Rapp knew he shouldn't be out here.

"What's she gonna do then?" he asked after a moment, "Where's she gonna live? Wouldn' it be hard to live alone? She's so...tiny."

That would be up to the Elder to decide, Rapp knew. Regardless, it didn't stop him from questioning it. Wherever she ended up, he just hoped no one else caused a problems. Stubborn as he might be, he wasn't up for the whole bullying thing.

-----[x]-----

He spoke his reassurances, one after the other. Didn't they do that too? They had, for days, weeks, months, all the while shoving more medicine down her throat, strapping her down. It hurt. It all hurt so much.

As he moved closer, she panicked once again, trying to move away. The slab still pinned her leg, even as she tried to pull it free.

"No, no, you're lying!" she shouted, "They all lied, every one of them lied! You have to be lying too!"

"Grace, calm down!" Soran's voice reached her ears. She ignored them, still trying to pull herself free.

Grace cried out, pain shooting through her leg. If the slab had moved, she didn't quite notice it, just became aware of the pain that was running up her leg. She choked on a sob, wanting nothing more than to curl into herself and find a place that was safe from these people.

"Caution to the wind, then," Soran quickly told the man, "We may attract unwanted attention at this rate and her leg could be worse off. Do what you must, just be care."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:00 am

Rekka shot a glare at Rapp for his comment and huffed when he'd stuck his tongue at her too. Rude! His father's grip might have tightened briefly at his shoulder though Rekka couldn't be sure. Rapp certainly hadn't responded much if his dad had done that. Maybe he was just used to it.

Rekka blinked at his father's offer, rooted to the spot. Mom and Dad had always told her not to go off with strangers... but did that count if she was lost and there were monsters out here? While she was conflicted about this Rapp had begun questioning his father, his attention off of her for the time being.

"I don't imagine she'd be on her own, not at first, Rapp," his father chided gently. "Besides, it'd be cruel to leave her out here alone like this, right?"

Rekka's frown deepened. He sounded nice enough but that could be a trick! Besides, she didn't like being called tiny, even if it might be true. Her fists clenched and she took a step forward, as if in defiance to Rapp's concerns. Or where they just curiosities? Rekka couldn't tell.

"I'll be just fine on my own! I'm not some dumb kid!"

This claim seemed to be amusing to Rapp's dad though he'd gestured again for Rekka to follow. He didn't look like he believed her.
"All the same, I'd feel better knowing you're safe from the monsters out here if you'd come to Cafu with us."

----[x]----

She was panicking, twisting and turning in an effort to get from under the rubble. This woman was only going to endanger herself at this rate! Even before her spirit ally had urged Mohammed to act before her injuries worsened Mohammed had hurried forward, already intent on doing just that. He barely bothered to try to soothe her now. She was so deep in her panic that it wouldn't have been heard or even believed.

His fingers gripped the edges of the concrete slab, gritting his teeth with the effort it took to try to move it. The damn thing was heavy, more so than he'd really expected. It didn't help that this woman was still making things difficult, attempting to scramble away despite being pinned as she was.

"Would you settle down?! You're not getting locked up or medicated!" he finally snapped, eyes blazing in frustration. There was only so much his patience could handle and this endeavor of saving the world from humans was a trying event. It was just bad luck that this delirious woman would be the one that reached his patience's end first. "You're only hurting your leg further!"

Several minutes passed in which Mohammed rested a hand at her knee, attempting to keep her still enough that she'd not twist her ankle or break the bone. He wasn't even sure if it was too late for that though she hadn't screamed in pain so much as it was merely fear of him and the delusions she suffered.

Turning to Soran, Mohammed once again snapped. "Integrate with her if you must! It may be the only way!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:22 am

She stuck her tongue out at him but nothing more at the moment. For the moment, Rapp settled down if only to keep himself from getting punished. Already, his dads grip on his shoulder was pretty tight.

Despite what his father had said, the girl seemed pretty confident about surviving on her own. Who knew if she was right or not. Rapp couldn't say he knew anything about her other than being stubborn at this point.

"You can manage on your own? Yea right!" he commented, "You look like you're a cry baby!"

Maybe that was a little cruel to say or maybe she would react different from most girls. She certainly acted more like a boy than anything else, after all. He couldn't imagine this girl was really that sensitive.

"Dads right though," Rapp finally admitted, "There are a lot of monsters out here and they ain't the type to care who or what you are. It's not like I'm afraid, though! I'd take'em on any day!"

Of course, his father might not find that comment too up lifting. Maybe he'd comment on it later, when they girl was settled in. Right now, it seemed like they had a lot on their plate.

-----[x]-----

If Soran had a pulse, he was sure it would be racing. The man was already working on the slab but even he struggled with it. Dealing with Grace in this state didn't help. For the time being, Soran ignored the shouts he shot at her. It was a necessary thing.

It was soon enough that the man was asking for Soran to integrate. Soran shook his head, moving forward.

"I can only possess her and for a short time, mind you," he told the man, "She never got to learn what it's like to be a shaman. I will do what I can but you must work quickly if you can manage it."

With that said, Soran did just as requested, taking over her body easily in this state. Grace stilled under Soran's influence, though he struggled to stay there.

It felt like hours, waiting on the man to move the slab. When he finally manage it, Soran left Grace's body. The woman, already emotionally exhausted, passed out. The old owl sighed. At least it was done now. They would simply have to find a safe place to stay...

"I thank you," he finally said, "Perhaps we should move on, at least out of this city. The rest can be hashed out later."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 11:43 am

It didn't take Rapp long to comment after her. Rekka huffed and shot back "At least I'm not a big dummy!"

His father seemed to sigh at this. Why though? Rapp was rude and dumb! It didn't look like his dad was gonna say much other than rapping his knuckles lightly over his kid's head in warning. It didn't seem to face Rapp much though.

"All the same, my son has a point. I'd worry for you if you stayed out here on your own," Rapp's dad said again, holding out his hand to Rekka.

She peered at the offered hand, conflicted. Strangers weren't supposed to be trusted, not unless they were her age, right? But this was the dummy's dad so wouldn't that be okay? Rekka shuffled from foot to foot briefly. No matter how long she thought about it the more confused and uncertain she became.

Finally, Rekka said "F-Fine!" With that she strode forward as confidently as she could manage and took Rapp's dad's hand. The thought of monsters out here left her unsure, even if it meant her parents were gonna yell at her if they found out she'd trusted a stranger like this. But it was better than scary monsters, right?

----[x]----

Mohammed spared a nod at Soran's words though hadn't stopped attempting to tug the slab off the woman's leg. There was much to worry about besides just freeing her, especially so when there were so many humans looting and attacking others in the confusion. At least, it seemed like so many...

It helped when she calmed, only because Soran had integrated forcefully with her, urging Mohammed to hurry. It was an unnecessary reminder as Mohammed had already moved, reaching for the lamp that Djinn rested within. It would be easier to use his weapon to break up this slab, so long as he was careful about it, now that Soran had stilled his shaman's body.

"Just leave it to me," he uttered, integrating the familiar genie into his weapon of choice. It took barely a second, if even that, before Mohammed held out his hand and shot at the slab, easily cracking it despite the intentionally weakened attack.

From there it was a simpler matter to tear away at the concrete rubble, freeing the shaman's wounded leg. At the very least her ankle didn't seem to be twisted or broken though it would still need inspected when they were in a safe place. He hoped it was relatively all right, serious wounds while Hao purged the humans could end up fatal for a shaman...

He didn't dwell on it for long before scooping the woman's body up and starting off. Mohammed's footsteps were quick, looking to exit the city and find someplace far safer and quieter. He'd rather not risk aftershocks from Hao's earthquake bringing down a building over their heads if they took refuge in one. No, that wasn't the safest route, and so Mohammed hurried to the city limits.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Rapp tried to ignore the way his father rapped his knuckles over his head. He was more than used to it at this point, it he was honest. The girl didn't need to know that though. Rapp often got into a little bit of trouble here and there.

"Ya might get eaten, you know," Rapp said, trying to scare the girl into coming with them.

She still seemed like she was hesitating on the matter. Maybe she really was. To be fair, it wasn't like she knew Rapp or his father. This might have been scary for her. Of course, Rapp wasn't going to say anything on that matter. He wasn't too fond of punishment.

Eventually, she finally relented, taking his fathers hand. At least now, they could get moving back. Rapp made a point to listen for her name, if only to get even with her now.

"Let's go, then!" he urged after a moment, "Before the monsters decide to come back, not that I'm scared or anything!"

With that said, he started after his father, hands placed behind his head. At least now, they could somewhat figure out what to do. Rapp wasn't sure where this girl was going to stay or even how she got here. He was a little curious, if he was honest.

-----[x]-----

Sleep was dreamless, something that Grace had grown accustom to. A couple of times, she was aware that she was conscious, but only briefly. In this hazy moments, she felt how badly her leg hurt. Was it broken? She couldn't tell and would slip into unconsciousness again.

"It may be a while before things have worked out of her system and she's of complete sound mind again," she heard Soran's voice at one point, "She has no idea how to survive here, she's been locked up since she was young. And if what you're saying about this world is true..."

Grace forced her eyes open carefully, sunlight quickly becoming an annoyance. Her gaze hazy, she managed to look about, first catching sight of her snowy owl friend. Another figure beside it was large and unrecognizable. Was...that a spirit too?

"Ah, what a relief!" Soran trilled, "She's awake!"

Grace tried to sit up, gritting her teeth briefly at not only the pain that shot through her leg, but her head as well. Without those medications being forced into her, she often felt worse off and ill. If anything, though, at least she could think clearly...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Rekka shot Rapp a sour look but otherwise ignored his comment. Dummy was just trying to scare her! Not that she needed much more of that, now that she wasn't arguing with the weird boy she was much more aware of how lost she was. Where was her house at, and her parents? There weren't any kind of long-eared boys where she lived before those fireflies had shown up and surrounded her...

"Don't worry, we won't let any monsters steal you away, isn't that right, Rapp?" his dad said, sparing a smile at the the two.

"Yeah... sure," she muttered, unconvinced.

The walk was mostly done in silence then, but for a time where Rapp's father asked for her name. Rekka could swear that she saw Rapp peek of his shoulder as he led the way though she reluctantly gave her name anyways. If the dummy had something up his sleeve then she'd just find something else to beat him with at his own stupid game.

The humidity clung to her skin thickly as they walked, the cool evening air doing barely anything to help. Rekka tried to ignore this, focusing instead on the lights she could see through the trees in the distance. They grew closer and closer until she was able to see the gate to what must have been their home village though the buildings that she caught sight of looked more like big fruit.

Her brow furrowed at that and if not for Rapp's father still guiding her along, she might have stopped altogether to gawk at the things. And there were so many people standing around behind a second gate, their ears all long. Some of the older folks' ears were even floppy! Did they keep growing with age? Rekka couldn't help but to blink from face to face, barely aware of the wariness and curiosity among them all as they approached an elderly man in the center of the group of people.

"I hope no one's headed out too far, it seems Rapp's found the source of that strange light," Rapp's father announced as he halted.

"There are some still out there though they may wander back soon..."

----[x]----

It hadn't been too difficult to get out of the city, thankfully. Perhaps it was by luck alone that hardly anyone tried to stop him as he carried this woman to safety. Mohammed didn't bother to try to think about it, allowing Djinn free from his weapon to keep watch from above as they walked for a time. Occasionally he could hear the woman fuss about in her unconscious state though she otherwise remained quiet even long after finding a resting spot, shaded by a grove of trees.

It was here that Mohammed properly tended to the woman's wounds, listening a her spirit told him a brief tale of her life thus far. It certainly wasn't an ideal one for a shaman, not by any stretch of the imagination... Would she even be all right in a shaman-only world? Mohammed could only guess.

His thoughts were broken by Soran's announcement after what seemed like hours. Indeed, she was moving, a hand cradling her head. Perhaps the medications she'd been pumped full of were still wreaking havoc on her body and mind. Mohammed would need to be careful if that was the case.

"I hope that you won't end up panicking again," Mohammed greeted sincerely. If he sounded harsh he hadn't meant it though his patience was still quite frayed.

He heaved a sigh, turning to Djinn. The great genie spirit waited expectantly, arms crossed over his broad chest. The spirit was a loyal one and if need be could grant Mohammed any wish each day. If need be he'd use it to make sure his mission was successful. Still, he did not want to squander it.

"Take to the air again and keep an eye out for danger," Mohammed instructed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:23 pm

The walk back was pretty silent. Rapp was more than pleased to finally hear the girls name. Rekka was a weird not, just like she was weird herself. He kept the comment to himself for the time being, however. There would be plenty of time to tease later on!

As they got back, he noticed Rekka glance around, wide eyed. She'd never seen a place like this before? That was strange. Maybe she wasn't lying when she said she was lost. Something must have happened for her to end up like this!

With his father guiding them, it was simple to get to the elder. His comment was somewhat an easy one. Still, Rapp grinned proudly at the older man.

"Yea, I found her all right," he boasted easily, "And I fought off all kinds of monsters while I was there!"

Call it a wild imagination or just wanting some attention, Rapp didn't care. A tall tale here and there wasn't a bad thing. Of course, the elder might not believe him, maybe not even indulge him with an answer. Rapp still would have fun with it.

"Rekka's really weird. Even her name is weird," he continued to point out, "And she says she's lost and was seein' weird fireflies."

-----[x]-----

Grace blinked when a voice reached her ears. She lifted her head a little bit, catching sight of the man from before...at least, she thought that was the man. Was it? He looked different from what she remembered. Those white clothes had set something off in her...

"What?" she said, her voice sounding distant and groggy.

It was Soran who spoke first, easily hopping onto her good leg. Even if he'd landed on the one that was injured, he would have been weightless,
"You've been quite out of sorts, Grace. You're lucky I found anyone to help you at all."

Had she done something stupid again? By the sounds of it, that was the case. Grace let her hand fall into her lap, shaking her head. The movement made her dizzy and she immediately stopped.

"I'm sorry," she finally apologized, "If I caused you too much trouble...I don't recall much of what happened..."

She suspected that she never would. Memories did that as of recent. Some things were easily recalled while others were like that of a blank slate.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:39 pm

It didn't take long before Rapp was boasting about finding her and supposedly fighting off monsters. Rekka shot him a look, letting his dad's hand go as she instead crossed her arms over her thin chest. She was entirely sure he'd done no such monster fighting if she'd woken up to him jabbing at her sore side to begin with.

"Liar," she muttered her breath.

The elder, a floppy-eared man with graying hair, seemed to take these things into account even if he didn't look entirely convinced of Rapp's boasting. At least no one was easily swayed by the dummy's claims! Even so this elder of theirs, he took his time in thinking, observing Rekka carefully.

Finally, he spoke.
"A short-ear child lost in the forest, hmm? Could she be from the group who've wandered in on the outskirts...?"

"I'm not sure. From what we know there aren't any children with that group, is there?" Rapp's dad answered even as those around them began to speak amongst themselves.

Rekka frowned, there were people without those weird long ears here too? Where were they though? Apparently they were far away from this strange village but Rekka was sure that wasn't where she lived before. None of these trees and plants or even the clothes looked right at all!

"But I didn't live in a forest like this," Rekka protested. "I didn't live in a forest at all!"

----[x]----

Whatever state she'd been in before it seemed to have passed, at least for the moment. Mohammed thanked his lucky stars for that. If anyone with ill intent ran into them now and she'd still been panicking and delusional Mohammed wasn't sure he'd have been able to properly protect her. If she was at least a little lucid things would be far easier, especially with Djinn above to keep an eye out for oncoming threats.

He waved a hand dismissively. If she didn't remember the incident he saw no reason to delve into it much. "Don't worry about it. Thanks to your spirit we were able to get you away from the city and it's humans."

A moment passed in which he folded his hands. Moving right now would be a bad idea until her leg had rested properly. Nothing had been broken but that didn't mean that it wasn't injured anyways. Perhaps the bone had bruised or her ankle was worse off than it looked. He'd rather take the precaution than to risk it growing worse because he'd been hasty to move on.

Silence had seemed to pass for a moment then, the wind blowing through the leaves above a prominent sound. Even so, Mohammed swore he could still hear the sounds from the city.

It was Mohammed who broke the silence then, glancing towards this woman. "I never caught your name, you know."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Rapp ignored her comment about being a liar. Of course he was going to tell a tall story! That's what all the kids did, at least the brave ones. He was more or less ignored though, in favor of trying to figure out what to do with Rekka.

The questions were simple enough. Rapp hadn't recalled any kids in that group at the time. What was more, Rekka's protest let them on in maybe where she was from. If she didn't come from a forest area, maybe she was somewhere from an industrial one? How'd she get here though?

"Well...then were are ya from?" Rapp bluntly asked.

Maybe he could fish some kind of answer out of her this way. That would clear things up for the elder and his father. Who knew if it would help. Rekka might be quiet on where she was from, after all.

Before Rekka could say anything more, another voice reached Rapp's ears. He glanced at his mother as she approached. Maybe she was checking up on things right now.

"I've heard we've found a little stray," she commented, glancing at Rekka. She offered a friendly smile, "I'm sorry. I hope my son hasn't given you any trouble."

Rapp huffed in response. He would have expected a little more respect for helping the girl!

-----[x]-----

He waved off the incident easily, though she wondered if it had been bad. Grace had little control over herself at times, at least thanks to this medication withdrawal. She couldn't wait until it was all out of her system...

Quiet overtook what little noise was there. She wasn't accustom to speaking, not to people. Most days, she had remained silent for hours, days even, until her throat was so scratchy that, if she'd spoken, it would sound strained.

So she blinked when he asked for her name. That was another thing she wasn't quite accustom too...Who wanted to know the name of someone who was deemed insane?

"Grace. My name is Grace," she finally introduced. Sometimes, she hated her name, other times, found it ironic. Grace didn't mention these things, however, and instead asked, "Who are you?"

It was clear, he could see the things she did too. Whatever spirit he had sent off, it had given her some insight. She could trust him, at least, she thought she could. Humans were not to be trusted at all but...he saw spirits so, that didn't make him a bad one, right?
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Rekka wasn't sure she liked any of this. She wanted her mom and dad and her big brother here with her if nothing else yet here she was, all alone... Rapp was quick to call her out on where she might be from then. But how could she know? It was had been spring-like not all hot and summer-y like this forest was now.

"I-I dunno," she answered sullenly.

This elder and Rapp's dad didn't get to say much after that before a new voice rang out, a woman's. Rekka blinked, stealing a glance at her. she was very pretty and seemed to share the same hair color with Rapp. So his mom and dad were here and hers weren't... Rekka shuffled her feet and glanced away, feeling more alone now than before.

"He's just a big dummy," she stated again for what felt like the umpteenth time.

Rapp's father shook his head though he appeared to be amused. Was that a good thing or not? Rekka didn't know and didn't care. She just wanted to go home.

"Perhaps you might offer some insight as to what to do. I'd rather not have her pushed away when she's lost and alone," Rapp's father was saying.

But what did that matter? Rekka didn't know. She flopped down on the ground, tired already despite just waking up awhile ago to Rapp's dumb face. Her head felt like it was swimming and she wanted to go home. But where was home?

"You know our laws, outsiders like this child are not to be here... It would be best to lead her to the group at the forest's outskirts," the Elder was saying, shaking his head.

Fear rose in Rekka at that. She didn't know those people and they didn't sound friendly. If they hadn't come to visit these strange people then they might be mean and they'd all be strangers too!

----[x]----

Just Grace... perhaps whatever her family name had been was long forgotten or perhaps even tossed away. If she'd been locked away and medicated since she was small then it would have been family that had led her there after all. Mohammed could understand any resentment she might hold towards them. As such he didn't bother to ask, concerned that it might strike a sore spot.

"I've been called Turbine for years," Mohammed answered in turn. The nickname would suffice for now, especially so since he wasn't sure how long he'd be accompanying Grace.

He shifted then, reaching for the small bag he'd taken to carrying while Hao's plan was put into motion. Basic supplies were inside, including a canteen or two of water. Grace certainly looked like she needed it, still quite pale and sickly looking. She might appear that way for years if she'd just recently escaped the asylum life.

"Here," he said upon digging out one of those canteens and handing it over. Water would do her some good, maybe help flush out whatever was still in her system. Even that might take weeks if the medications had been addictive, however.

Those worries hung over Mohammed heavily. Leaving someone dealing with those things alone could be disastrous, especially if she found pills and tried to deal with withdrawal in that way... His frown deepened briefly at that though.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Rekka's answer didn't provide any light to where she was from. The act of saying 'I don't know' seemed like a suspicious one. Maybe the elder thought that too. Rapp couldn't really tell. He simply studied how quickly Rekka seemed to withdrawal into herself.

Her response was simple in return to his mothers words. She really did look a lot smaller though, he realized. What was on her mind that bothered her so much? He couldn't really tell.

It wasn't a moment later did his father ask for advice. What was said was expected but it still didn't really feel right. Were they really going to send a little girl out on her own? It was his mother who protested first.

"Do you really feel that's right? She's just a child, she doesn't know what's out there. You might very well be sending her to worse places, out there on her own."

For the most part, she was right. Even outside of this place, there were dangers. There was no guarantee that people like Rekka would even pick her up. She might be wandering alone for a long time and not know what to do.

"There are monsters too, ya'know. And she's really skinny and stuff. She wouldn't make it," Rapp added, though his tone didn't have as much bump into it as before. Something seemed wrong about this, so he would stubbornly defend if he had to.

-----[x]-----

He didn't say much about her name and for that, she was somewhat grateful. The less questions she had to answer, the better off she felt. There were things she just didn't want to part with, not now, at least. Maybe someday but for the moment, no one needed to know about them.

His name was simple, if not odd. Maybe it was a nickname, somewhat appropriate for the clothing he wore. Grace simply nodded in response, figuring that was enough.

"Turbine, then," she answered quietly.

It wasn't a moment later that he began digging through his pack. It was small but obviously held supplies as he pulled out a canteen of water, offering it to her. Grace gratefully took it, thankful for water that wasn't laced with something that made it bitter and her head feel like cotton.

She took slow drinks, hoping that it would help settle her stomach. It was something, she figured. Grace still worried about withdrawal symptoms, but the water would help.

Grace paused, glancing up at him again. Her mind was a whirl of questions. She finally settled on one, something simple and said, "So...you're like me, than? You see...spirits too?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Rekka worriedly glanced between the old man and Rapp's parents. They weren't just going to leave her out there on her own, were they? Her heart thumped hard against her chest, a loud drum in her ears that only seemed to make her head swim worse. She didn't know how to live on her own, she was just a kid!

"Perhaps but would it be wise for someone such as her to live within Cafu? We have no idea where these short-ears have come from or how they live," their elder was saying, shaking his head.

It was Rapp's father that spoke afterwards, nodding approvingly at his son for a brief moment.
"If it's a matter of concern for what she might do or needs then, well..." A pause followed and Rekka glanced up just in time to catch sight of Rapp's parents sharing a determined look and a nod. "Then we'll take her under our care and make sure she causes no trouble. That way if she does anything then it's on our heads."

Rekka's eyes widened, stunned into silence from where she sat. Living with dummy and his parents? But what about her parents and her brother? Worry and fear creased her forehead but the words wouldn't come out.

For a long moment this elder was silent, eyeing Rapp's parent and even Rapp carefully in that time. What was going on through his mind? It didn't take as long as it felt to find out.
"This solution could work, assuming this short-eared child ultimately does not prove a disastrous presence in our village. And this is what you both decide upon then?"

----[x]----

She didn't seem to be too content with the nickname he'd given her to call him by but she echoed it all the same. If they stayed together for long then she might learn it but for now too many names to call him by might only boggle her a bit. Grace needed time to recover and to gather herself after so many years of being forced into something she wasn't and didn't need.

He remained silent as she sipped upon the proffered water. She was hesitant at first but soon didn't seem like she would release the canteen from her grip anytime soon. Perhaps she was more in need of it then Mohammed at originally thought.

It was Grace who broke the silence between them, asking about his ability to see spirits. There was a moment that passed as Mohammed glanced first towards her ally and then to where his was, high above the grove of trees. Only then did he speak.

"That I can, see them that is. I hardly think you were able to learn much from your spirit ally from what I've heard." Another brief pause as he turned his gaze back to her. "As such, we are referred to as shamans. There are many though spread apart in recent decades."

This was the information he parted with at the moment, allowing Grace the time to mull over it. Giving her basic information before anything else might at least be for the best. In the event that they were separated before she was well or if she wandered off of her own choice then she would at least know these things.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Rapp glanced at Rekka. More and more, she looked nervous and skittish. With the situation at hand, she had every reason to be. Given that the monsters out there could harm her, it was only natural. This was not an easy place to survive in if one didn't know what to do out there.

Even so, the elder still protested. All because of those dumb rules! Rekka wasn't doing anything wrong, she was just lost and didn't know where to go. However she ended up here didn't matter. She needed help.

Before Rapp could argue, his father spoke up, offering to take care of Rekka in their own home. The elder seemed to at least consider this for a long moment, before he spoke up again. His mother had nodded in response, placing a hand on Rekka's shoulder.

"I don't mind taking care of her," she agreed, "It wouldn't be right to just throw her out. I couldn't live with myself knowing that."

Rapp stuck his pinkie in his ear, twisting it this way and that before he spoke up too, "I guess I don't mind. As long as she can keep up!"

This was something of a playful taunt to lighten the mood. It seemed like they all needed it. As long as things worked out in the end, he didn't care. Maybe Rekka would be fun to tease on and off too.

-----[x]-----

Grace listened as he spoke of his ability and that of shamans. So there were others out there, just like her. In a sense, she felt cheated, extremely so. If only she could turn back time...

"I was always told it wasn't real," she finally parted with, "That it was all in my head. It's hard to believe that there are so many others out there."

The time in that home had left her always questioning whether or not Soran was real. Sometimes, she didn't speak to him for days. He always stayed, whispering words of reassurance. He was the only thing that left her sane.

"I wish they would have just believed me back then," she muttered to herself.

Soran was quiet, perhaps merely allowing the time for Grace to adjust. It would take time. The good thing about that was it seemed like she had all the time in the world now. Being away from that prison was the best thing that had happened to her.

"Do you...know of any others nearby or are you alone?" she inquired then. She couldn't imagine many would be so close but who knew.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Rekka had blinked as Rapp's mother kneeled at her side, hands on the girl's shoulders as if in reassurance. She was gonna be living with dummy and his parents? She shifted, uncertain even now. If they had a kid like her then they couldn't be bad even if they were strangers, right? Rekka didn't even seem to hear Rapp's comment nor notice the way he'd taken to picking at his ear.

After a deep sigh, heaved as if from the depths of his very soul, the Elder spoke once more.
"If that is the case then I'll concede on the matter. This short-eared child will be under your care and responsibility."

It seemed like that was all that was needed to begin dispersing the crowd around them. Some wandered away on their own, others in groups. A few lingered, mostly the younger ones like she and Rapp, to gawk at her different, rounded ears. If she'd been paying much attention Rekka might have noticed that they were usually merely curious.

Stiffly, Rekka stood with the gentle nudging from Rapp's mother to do so. It was she who steered Rekka in the right direction to what must have been their house. Rekka hardly seemed to be bothered to memorize the way, peering curiously and almost warily at all the odd fruit buildings and trees and plants along the way. This wasn't anything like home where houses looked like houses and not food.

The house she was led into was already lit from within to ward off the night's shadows, the smell of lukewarm food greeting Rekka's nose. It was Rapp's father who admitted that they'd been about to eat dinner when the light that had apparently brought Rekka here had caught everyone's attention. As conversation went on as if Rekka wasn't just some newcomer to their home there was a place at the table set for her, next to Rapp she noticed.

Rekka didn't have much energy to fuss about that.

----[x]----

Grace didn't answer him right away. In fact, Mohammed could swear he saw resentment rise in her eyes briefly, turned away from him soon after. Perhaps this was habit, kept docile by medicines for so long. He was sure he couldn't have frowned more if he tried.

He shook his head, gesturing to her. "When one cannot see it is easy to brush it aside," he mentioned. "Not that it makes it right."

It was merely how humans worked more often than not. On the rare occasion humans could learn to see and interact with spirits but it was not enough to give sway to shamanism. No, Hao's way might be the only way... Even if it wasn't, well, it was too late to go back now.

At the mention of if he was alone or not Mohammed inclined his head upwards again, as if in thought. Truth be told Peyote had accompanied him and it probably wouldn't be long before he had his spirit seeking him out and joining them here. It was easy to cover ground when split up, after all.

"At the moment I have been working with another by the name of Peyote," he answered honestly. "He should arrive in time, perhaps before sundown even."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 5:45 pm

If anything, that was enough to push the elder to make his final decision. There were a few people who stayed around, mostly kids his age, gazing at her. Rapp didn't pay them any mind. In time, she'd meet more of the people in the village.

Tension seemed to dwindle now and it might stay that way. Rapp couldn't say he paid a whole lot of attention on things like that. The only reason he did now was because all of the other people were around.

"It's settled, then," his mother finally brought up, "I'm sure you'll be just fine, sweetie."

Maybe his mother had noticed how uncertain she looked. Rapp really did and he wasn't normally the observant type. Most of the time, he just left things be or it all flew over his head.

Putting it out of his mind, they started their walk home. Briefly, Rapp wondered where she was going to sleep or what she'd be like. He'd have a lot of opportunity to learn about her, after all. Maybe she wasn't a big stick in the mud.

When they reached their home and the smell of food was a little stronger, he would have sworn he heard her stomach rumble. Rapp couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Hungry, are ya?" he teased lightly, "Your stomach is really loud!"

-----[x]-----

Grace knew what he said was true but at the same time, it wasn't something she wished to hear. That meant that she had to extend some amount of pity toward those people. She didn't have it in her to pity anyone like that. They didn't care, they never did. They just did their job and did it in a way that made their lives the easiest.

Instead of protesting on that, she waited for him to answer her question. She'd rather be prepared if there was another...'shaman' going to come about. Grace wasn't accustom to contact of any kind. Even an act of kindness as he was showing her was foreign. She wasn't sure what this other person might be like.

"I see," she finally replied after he parted with the information, "Peyote...he's named after a cactus. That's strange..."

It was an aloof comment though, if only to keep some amount of sound going. Talking kept her mind off things, especially so when her mind was a whirl.

"No one else can find us out here, right?" she asked after.

There was paranoia, there probably always would be. If people were running the city in such chaos, though she didn't know why, who was to say they couldn't come out here as well? She was still afraid someone might try to search out people who escaped from the rubble of the asylum.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Rapp's laugh brought her from her thoughts, her gaze turning to him. Her face warmed at what he said, embarrassed. Had it growled? Rekka hadn't noticed, lost in thought as she'd been. It didn't help that it was awkward standing in a house of people she didn't know.

"I am not," she scowled, glancing away, even if she moved to take the seat offered to her next to Rapp. "You're just hearing dumb things, dummy."

Even if it had growled Rekka wasn't sure if she was gonna be able to eat anything. Her stomach felt all knotted up already. Whatever appetite she might've had on the way home before this was gone. Nonetheless she'd picked up the fork and peered curiously at the food on the plate. It didn't look inedible but with her stomach like it was she wasn't exactly enticed by the dinner.

"Don't force yourself to eat more than you can handle, Rekka," Rapp's father said, already in a seat next to his wife across from Rekka.

Her gaze remained firmly on her plate of food, fork stabbed into what looked like some kind of diced up fruit. With a nod and a half-hearted mumbled to show she'd heard Rekka tried to force herself to eat something. Even so her stomach was too knotted and tense to even want to bring the fork to her mouth.

----[x]----

Mohammed was a little surprised that Grace didn't try to argue with him. Despite that it was a pleasant shock, she didn't need to exert herself with arguing. It was imperative that she rest and recover, both for her leg and from the withdrawals. Overtaxing herself with much of anything wasn't going to do her any good.

Instead she seemed to mutter something about Peyote's name. Had she noted the obvious thing as so many others had? A chuckle escaped him.

"Perhaps he named himself after awhile," Mohammed joked, if only to lighten the mood. He couldn't imagine that had been a serious name when he'd been born, maybe a nickname instead that had stuck more so than Turbine had for Mohammed.

Another moment of silence. Soran didn't seem inclined to speak up just yet, perhaps to allow his shaman ally time to adjust to the presence of another shaman in her midst. It would make sense to Mohammed at any rate with how isolated she'd been through her life.

He gestured above where Djinn had disappeared to. If she worried about Peyote sneaking up on them then she had nothing to fear for. "Djinn will warn us if anyone is coming. You need only rest while we wait."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|   |Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP| Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Grandia x SK| Days Long Past |1-on-1 RP|
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next