AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] 2nged5x

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Empty
PostSubject: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Quote :
Mikki’s p.o.v. “I’m Baaack~!” I called as I walked back into Professor Elm’s Research Lab.

“So what was it Mr. Pokemon wanted me to see?” Professor Elm asked, head still bent over a stack of papers. I took the egg from my bag and sat it in front of the stack of papers.

“Egg! Egg! egg!” I chanted. Professor Elm Blinked and readjusted his glasses.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Thatssotrue_3347_1330867054

I am already so tired of this stupid hyperactive bull shit. It's not cute, it's not funny, and it doesn't make your character 'original'. It just serves for people with no brains to 'relate' to a cheerful character and for people like me, just to suffer.

Quote :
“No wonder he wanted me to see this! Very Rare!” Professor Elm said standing up. “Thank you Mikki! Oh no, I forgot your poke ball and pokedex!”

Professor Elm didn't say the egg was rare. In fact, he proclaimed that he was surprised that Professor Oak and Mr. Pokemon would take interest in the egg. It was just an ordinary Pokemon egg. He exclaimed that he didn't understand what was so special about it but kept it for study anyways.

Get it right, if you're just gonna go willy nilly with the games plot!

Quote :
“That’s okay. I got my poke balls and Professor Oak gave me my pokedex.” I said holding it up.

“Professor Oak was there as well? I guess he got a break today.” Professor Elm said. “You see he has a talk show over here.”

“I see.” I said. “Umm, Can I register you in my poke gear just in case?”

“Of course.” I handed him my gear and he put his number in. I gave him a final wave of goodbye as I walked out of his Lab.

“Okay, let’s try this again.” I said walking back to the forest but someone grabbed my collar and made me fall down. The next thing I knew I was staring into the face of Marill.

“Hey, off so soon without even a good bye?” Ethan asked as I got up.

“Marill Marill.” Marill said trying to look angry.

“Well it’s been a busy day and I forgot.” I said. “Ethan, I’m going to be a top notch pokemon trainer and well I’m really gonna miss you.”

Aside from being a tremendous bore, as usual; she's acting like Ethan is going to die or something. Last I recall, Ethan shows up many times along the journey to keep the player updated.

He also calls quite often as well.

This chick so is Hell bent on using game mechanics that I just think she forgets that some people are still interacting with you in the game and throughout the journey

Quote :
It was true though. Even though I had only know him for only for two days, why was I remembering all these memories of us playing, laughing and crying together? Someone once said that Best Friends are the siblings god forgot to give us and with these other memories I think he was one of them.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Thatssotrue_3097_1330720921

Quote :
“Well I’m gonna miss you too. I’ll miss annoying you.” Ethan said as a light joke. He took a side glance to Haru’s ball that was on my belt. “I was going to teach you how to capture pokemon and you already figured that out. You always said that you felt like you were slow but you’re fast.” I shifted my stance a little.

“But what are you going to do?” I asked.

“I’m not quite sure yet, but you’ll be the first to know.” Ethan said lifting his hat a little as he looked into the distance. “You still got my number?”

“No, I just got my poke gear back and all my numbers were erased. Now I just have Mom’s and Professor Elms.” I said rubbing the back of my head. Ethan motioned me to hand him my poke gear and I handed it too him.

“Ta-dah~! Since I already have your number now I can bug you no matter where you run!” Ethan said happily. “And when ever you feel the stars cant help you I’ll be there.”

“Yeah? Well when ever you get bored I can always think of a few crazy ideas for you to try!” I said in attempt to out do him. “And if you ever get lonely, I’ll always be there.”

“Like I could be lonely when I have Marill.” Ethan said. We we’re looking straight at each other and I guess we read each other minds as we went to give each other a hug. Virtual, dream or what ever this is, I’ll always remember that hug. I smirked at him and he smiled back. The time for words was over. I gave him one final wave as me and Bara went back into the Forest path.

Just...I have never read a goodbye so dry and stupid that it makes me want to bash my head into a wall. This whole thing literally has no emotion to it at all. It might seem like they do, but it doesn't.

She doesn't establish any real relationship with Ethan. All she has going for it is, 'I have these memories!' but she ever delves into what those memories are. There's no attachment to the Oc and Ethan, so the reader is left with a dry farewell and a bored expression on their face.

It's not fun to read people. It's boring. If she established something beyond these 'mystic memories from beyond!' than yea, I could see it playing out different; even if it was in the hands of the right writer.

But there is literally no emotion in any of this nonsense.

Good Lord...just...I want her out of my fandom please.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

I notice she smirks after the hug, too, that's not typically a situation in which one smirks. I don't know why but that just bothers me immensely.

Also, I hate how nearly ALL of her chapters have nothing to do with anything. They're disconnected from each other and don't flow well.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:04 pm

EVU- wrote:
I notice she smirks after the hug, too, that's not typically a situation in which one smirks. I don't know why but that just bothers me immensely.

Also, I hate how nearly ALL of her chapters have nothing to do with anything. They're disconnected from each other and don't flow well.

They really are. It shows she has very little understanding on how to write and connect things. She's going so far with the Soul Silver/Heart Gold plot line that she's forgotten it's important to actually, I don't know, tie the story together!

God, it takes all of my will not to message her over on Quizlla, it really does...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [11]
Page 1 of 1