AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
 The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner :  The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] 2nged5x

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Empty
PostSubject: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 pm

*Groans Why do I have to do this now? I wanna watch Sherlock!...Suppose I can reward myself if I get through this chapter...least it's short...Still full of bull shit but short.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Tumblr_lwwmbpvVKo1qaaihx

Quote :
Mikki‘s p.o.v. “Get your butt back here!!” I shouted as I chased after the guy into the woods. There was no way I was going to loose him. He took a quick glance back and I doubled my speed. As soon as I was close enough I gave a flying tackle and latched onto his legs. He fell and I heard on of the poke balls fall and open. “Gotcha.”

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Tumblr_lizbyjbQl51qhvm4uo1_400

You know, there are police for this right? In fact, what if this kid had a knife on him or what if he knew some way to phyically harm this 'Mikki' in any form? Didn't think about that did you? Not an ounce of hesitation at all. She just runs right for the money without a thought. This is a cliched form of a 'hero' character. Has to be in the middle of danger, has to do good, has to have the spot light so she can shine above all the rest.

It's not that hard to see. Clearly this writer wants to be noticed and through this Oc or self insert, she's getting noticed by something she can control. Something that she can write all of her own praise...but I'm rambling.

Quote :
“Get off me!” the Red head yelled.

“No way, stealing is wrong and stealing pokemon is even worse!”

Isn't any way of stealing wrong, Pokemon or not? Stealing is wrong in any form. So why is one bad and the other worse? Aren't they the same exact thing?

Quote :
I yelled wrestling to get one of the other poke balls. I somehow managed to get on top of him and pin one of his hands down. I took a poke ball from that hand and tossed it over to the side. “Ya know if you’d actually come inside with everyone I’m pretty sure you would have gotten a pokemon too.”

Who's to say that he would? Just because you say he could have had a Pokemon, does that make it true? Or do you simply want to bombard Silver with lectures to 'change him' that so many fans seem fond of doing in fan fiction. If it's not Silver, it's Paul, if it's not Paul, it's Trip. I don't understand this 'I have to change him! Make him into a better person!' complex. In fact, if you truly love someone, don't you love them for their good and bad traits?

Oh God, I'm rambling again...I apologize...

Quote :
“Strong pokemon are wasted on the weak like you!” The Red head said and within a blink of an eye he had me pinned to the ground.

How?! How did she pin him to the ground and then get pinned?! Detail! Explain this to me, dammit! Detail!

Quote :
“And I need all the strong pokemon I can get.” I was struggling to get up. Man why didn’t I drag Ethan with me? I thought to myself. It would have been easier

Because you're too much of a moron to consider that! You just jump in! You don't think of the consequences, you just go, go, go! You know, because that's the safest bet! Don't actually go about thinking things through! No, that's way too hard!

I am in for a crap ton of this stupidity in later chapters...I'm sure...

Quote :
“Chika!” And suddenly the red head was off of me jumping on one foot for a Chikorita was biting his leg. With the sudden opportunity I got up off the ground. The red head pushed the Chikorita of his leg with his foot and ran off. I didn’t feel up to chasing him again. I sat myself against a tree and the Chikorita came over too me.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Tumblr_lvcb9iszuq1qaaihx

Now this, my friends, is a giant cliché in a lot of Pokemon fics. See, they follow the mentality that every Pokemon is just going to up and trust the person it's meant to be with, thus why this author wrote the Chikorita having a good natured heart and helping the person who was trying to save it.

The problem is, it's not interesting. At all. It's also very unrealistic when you get down to it. Pokemon are essentially animals and not every animal is going to trust you right away, if not at all. Thus why building a bond between the trainer and Pokemon is a lot more interesting. It can also open the way for comedy, interesting scenes of bonding, etc.

But because that's apparently too hard, the writer just skips over what could be interesting in favor of the Pokemon instantly trusting the trainer.

Cause that's original.

Quote :
“You’re really brave.” I said to it. The poor thing had a bruise on it’s head from the red heads boot. I got up and picked up the un-opened poke ball and put it in my pocket for safe keeping. I found Chikorita’s opened poke ball in the bushes. I saw something flash on the ground and I picked it up as well. It was the red heads trainer card. “Well I guess I’ll hold onto this. Now it’s time to get back in your poke ball.” I pressed the button to call it back but Chikorita knocked it back with it’s leaf. “Okay, I’ll keep you out until we get back to the Professors. Okay?”

“Chika!” Chikorita said happily and rubbed its body on my legs. I couldn’t resist the temptation. I picked up the Chikorita as I walked back to the research lab. I couldn’t believe how warm it was. There isn’t really any gender differences between Chikorita’s are there?

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-stupid-tourists

GET OUT OF MY FANDOM! NOW! YOU BABBLING MORON! ALL POKEMON HAVE GENDER DIFFERENCES! ALL OF THEM BUT LEGENDARY! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?! HOW?! THIS IS BASIC 101 FROM POKEMON! IT WAS INTRODUCED EARLY ON! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A FAN AND YOU WRITE OUT THIS?! THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?! JDAKDASJOBDSAUOBJASBDASOBDKSABASDB!!!!!!!!!

Quote :
“Are you a boy or a girl? I cant really tell the difference.” I told the Chikorita. “Can you tell me, wait, you can show me! If you’re a girl move your leaf to the right and if you’re a boy move it to the left!” The Leaf immediately moved to the left. “A smart, brave Chikorita. That’s what you are.” I could see the clearing that lead to New Bark town. I put down Chikorita. I could also hear sirens too.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Tumblr_loj1rjZPa61qady71o1_r1_400

That is literally all I have left to say...
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner :  The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Oh God, you certainly didn't make it very far before you key-smashed!
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner :  The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

SpecOp Fang-O67 wrote:
Oh God, you certainly didn't make it very far before you key-smashed!

No, no I do not. I blame the idiots who continue writing Pokemon fan fiction without actually know what the hell they're talking about. Like the one where the author stated that Arceus created everything, totally disregarding the other legendary Pokemon being there for the exact reason of helping create and maintain that world.

Facts people! Learn them!
Back to top Go down
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner :  The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] 172

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Isn't it ironic that she is going on about ''Oh, stealing pokemon is just soooo wrong!!" When she basically stole from you, yet that's okay to her obviously. She needs to get punched in the c-u-next- Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

ADreamingEmi wrote:
Isn't it ironic that she is going on about ''Oh, stealing pokemon is just soooo wrong!!" When she basically stole from you, yet that's okay to her obviously. She needs to get punched in the c-u-next- Tuesday.

Hahaha! I never thought of it that way!

But you're very correct. She's preaching morals that she doesn't even have. Which is incredibly sad in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightWonderland
Marcus
Marcus
MoonlightWonderland

PokéPartner :  The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] 172

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Dream Drops wrote:
ADreamingEmi wrote:

Hahaha! I never thought of it that way!

But you're very correct. She's preaching morals that she doesn't even have. Which is incredibly sad in my opinion.

Don't you just love a hypocrite? Lol. But I agree with you. The saying goes practice what you preach, and obviously she really needs to start practicing it.
Back to top Go down
http://brichubaby.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]    The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [03]
Page 1 of 1