AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] 2nged5x

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Empty
PostSubject: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Quote :
Mikki’s p.o.v. I had Haru back in his poke ball and Me and Bara were walking to up to the edge of Cherrygroove city. I saw an elder man staring ahead at the route we were about to take.

“Hey Mister, what’cha looking at?” I asked him.

“Oh just some forgotten youth. My looking at you make me feel young.”

That...doesn't sound creepy at all...

Quote :
The old man said with a smile. “Since I’m feeling young again, would you like a tour of the city?” “Yeah I would!” I said excitedly. It’s still early in the afternoon. It couldn’t hurt. I thought to myself.

“Follow me youngster!” The old man said suddenly zipping over to a store in town. I blinked a few times in shock. When I got over there he wasn’t even breathing heavy. “This is the poke mart, you can get all your potions and poke ball and anything pokemon related in here. I’m pretty sure you already know what the pokemon center is.” I nodded. He then Zipped almost out of sight but I could make out his figure in the distance. 

This time I picked up Bara and zipped over to where he was with my running boots.

I am never getting away from these game mechanics, am I? I don't understand why anyone thinks this a good idea to use in writing is a moron. It's annoying to try and read and catch up with. It doesn't work!. Don't do it!

Quote :
“This is the ocean. Lots of different pokemon. Makes me feel calm. What about you?”

“I like the ocean. It’s really pretty to look at.” I said. Bara was watching his footprints disappear as he walked in the sand.

“Alright one more stop.” The old man said. I saw the guy zip not to far. It was within a quick walking distance. So I sprinted over. “And this is my house. Thanks for being such a good sport about the tour.” He said pressing something into my hand and giving a wrinkled grin. I looked and it was a Map card.

“Wow! Thanks!” I said. Now I’ll know where I’m going!

I thought you knew where you were going without the map card! Seemed pretty damn confident about the entire thing last chapter! Didn't need a map at all!

Quote :
He smiled and went into his house. “Bara, that is why I am polite. It pay’s off eventually.”

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Thatssotrue_6044_1332592911

Quote :
I knew he didn’t really like having to run like that.

Who didn't like to run?! The old man or the Pokemon?! You don't specify things so I have no idea who the fuck you're talking about!

Quote :
“Now, no distractions. To Mr. Pokemon’s House!” And we were both out of Cherrygroove city. 

Me and Bara were moving quickly and quietly through the forest to get to Mr. Pokemon’s house. My memory from the Real World tells me to stick to the left of the path.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Thatssotrue_1487_1330049051

You realize the map via a game and actually experiencing it, there would be drastic changes, right? Because, you know, nothings pixelated and you can actually, oh, I don't know, GET LOST EASIER! There is literally no way landmarks would transfer. You wouldn't know where to go.

I can't stress this enough...

Quote :
And its not like the map gives out specific directions.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Afndbsdjldsvs-1

NSAJJSBHASHKASB!!!

YOU'VE GOT EVERYTHING FUCKING BACKWARDS! INSTEAD OF RELYING ON A MAP WITH, YES, DOES POINT OUT THE PLACES AND PATHS YOU WOULD NEED TO TAKE – YOU DECIDE “FUCK IT, I'M GONNA IGNORE THE MAP AND USE MY MIND MAP FROM THE 'GAME'!” THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORK!!!!

Quote :
But after a good 30 minute walk and a few Pidgey’s later I could see a rather nice house in the clearing. “That must be it.” I opened the door.

“Hello? Professor Elm sent me?” I said as I walked in. The House was simple and different items lined the shelves. I looked at some of them. Some looked like very old bones. But what really grabbed my attention was a really old coin. It had an a type of Unown on it.

“Ah yes, please come into the living room.” someone said. I walked over to the doorway rather timidly. Well I have only met Mr. Pokemon and in the games and I was much more nervous about meeting the other person you meet with Mr. Pokemon. Professor Oak. They say he’s an excellent judge of character…… I don’t fit the bill there and He’s the foremost expert of pokemon too! Ah~ To heck with this. I walked into the living room to find the two playing a game of chess.

“Good Afternoon young lady.” Professor Oak said with his dapper personality. Mentally I felt like I was stumbling.

“Uh, hiya! I’m here to pick up…whatever it is?” I said sounding very confused.

“Oh your going to love this!” Mr. Pokemon said getting up. He came back carrying the case and I couldn’t bother with containing myself.

“It’s an egg!!” I said gleefully. “No wonder you want Elm to see it eh?”

“Exactly. He researches pokemon evolution. So that’s why I want him to see it.” Mr. Pokemon said.

“Well don’t you worry Sir, Me and Bara and Haru will make sure this egg gets to Professor Elm safely.” I said putting my hand over my heart.

“Great.” Mr. Pokemon said handing me the case. I put it in the larger pocket of my bag.

“What’s your name?” Professor Oak asked.

“Mikki.” I said feeling nervous again. “After I deliver this egg, I wanna be a Pokemon Trainer and become the Champion…For awhile anyways.” Professor Oak smiled.

“If you’re going to do that, you’re going to need this.” Professor Oak said pulling a pokedex out of his pockets. “I’m getting old and cant go out into the field is much, so trainers like you can get all the information for my dream too.” I took the pokedex and registered it.

“Of course. Us wild dreamers gotta stick together right?” I said smiling.

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Tumblr_l820gkMN6Q1qcs2rc

This could have all been shortened or made God damn more interesting to read. The writer has no talent in keeping a readers attention or even invested in the character and their journey. It's just a “let's go along with the game, throw a few stolen ideas here and there, and try to slap the anime and other games in too!”. It's a basic point A. to point B. to point C. story that is not holding my interest. But I have to keep reading this drivel because I'm the idiot who decided to review it.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09]   The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Apparently Mikki-Moron is a GPS now, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/

The Very Best! [Review of ☄ Sucked into a game ☄] by windgirl13 [09]
Page 1 of 1