AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2

Go down 
+13
Snowball King
Tyriant
Rekka Pop
Manic
Zmija
Noxtis
Wandering Leo
Angel_the_Claymore
NavyReservist
Jade
MadHattersPassion
Dream Drops
Okami Yammi
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 509

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 am

Tyriant wrote:
She probably can't use a semi-colon properly. It took me FOREVER to learn to do that.
No. She knows how to use them. She even admits that I used it right and then tries to call me "pretentious" by assuming that I was using a semi-colon to be "fancy." Which, actually, was the farthest thing from my mind when I originally typed the chapter up.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

DigiPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 013Calumon
PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 547

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 am

Then if she can use it she shouldn't be calling out others who use it just because she thinks they sound 'pretentious'. Proper use of a semicolon is something to be marked positively on, simply because it's so rare to see out of the context of a 'Wink emote'
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 am

Tyriant wrote:
Then if she can use it she shouldn't be calling out others who use it just because she thinks they sound 'pretentious'. Proper use of a semicolon is something to be marked positively on, simply because it's so rare to see out of the context of a 'Wink emote'

At this point, both Fang and I are rather convinced that she just bitches at things to bitch at them. She seems to stalk the Pokemon fandom and Homestuck, considering after I posted the Ingo and Emmet fic I was doing, I got a lengthy review from her the very next day that kind of hit me pretty hard. I recovered, of course, but was none the less hurt by a lot of the nitpicking she had gone through.

Do I admit there are points I could have done better? Oh, of course. But do I need every aspect of what she doesn't like about it shoved down my throat simply because it's not written the way she thinks it should be. No, no I do not.

This is the review though. Notice she uses the same 'Hello' rant as she did for Fang.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Bluh, I'd like to see some of her fics. Assuming she has any. Maybe I could spork a few and see how good her writing is.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Tyriant wrote:
Bluh, I'd like to see some of her fics. Assuming she has any. Maybe I could spork a few and see how good her writing is.
Oh, she's got quite a bit posted, some for Homestuck, some for Pokemon. You'll just have to look around.

Click here for her Profile.

According to Oki her stuff is rather bland, reusing plot devices and the like. I haven't looked at any of them yet.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Jeez, from what I can see it's all pretty dull.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay, okay. I went through one of her fan fictions, on specifically called 'Mewtwos'. I won't go into bitching about the whole only one Mewtwo thing because Fang just got to listen to me bitch about it.

Regardless! This is what I found in her reviews after I read through it. Keep in mind, she goes on a four paragraph explination through a character explaining Mewtwo's background, why he was cloned, and why he couldn't be controlled. She very little goes into any of what she's complaining about here. The comment she left was:

"I give up. No one gets it. Okay, one of the free adult mewtwos teleports in and frees the captive mewtwo. The captive mewtwo uses substitute and then teleports out. The next day, the substitute is found and is assumed to be the dead mewtwo."

So, she's harping at people who don't get her work because she doesn't explain it well enough in her own fic.

But she'll bitch at other people for attempting to make their works a little more obvious and say that no one will understand it.

Me sees a double standard there.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm

I just read one of her oneshots myself and left a review. I'll leave it here at the bottom for anyone to see as well but she really lacks a lot of talent as well. Reading her work I can see why she didn't comment on our typos or grammatical mistakes - because she's just as bad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:18 pm

She uses the same motif for every drabble in pokemon. The whole 'trainers abuse pokemon' and 'battle from the pokemon perspective' type thing. It's really dull. That, and almost ALL her works are drabbles.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Tyriant wrote:
She uses the same motif for every drabble in pokemon. The whole 'trainers abuse pokemon' and 'battle from the pokemon perspective' type thing. It's really dull. That, and almost ALL her works are drabbles.

We've taken quite a bit of notice to that as well! It's really bull when it comes to her reviewing other peoples work who decide to do something different, just not in a way she wants it to be seen written.

It's not her choice and her acting the way she does in some of her own fics is really, really bull on her part. Worst beta reader ever.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 pm

This March Hare wrote:
Tyriant wrote:

We've taken quite a bit of notice to that as well! It's really bull when it comes to her reviewing other peoples work who decide to do something different, just not in a way she wants it to be seen written.

It's not her choice and her acting the way she does in some of her own fics is really, really bull on her part. Worst beta reader ever.
She uses the same cardboard cutout of "angry, abused Pokemon" as well with no outside personality to make them relate-able as well. It's really hard to sit and read her works because of it.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

I totally agree! Perhaps she should invest in a Beta reader. Here's the rest of Fang's reviews from her (Click me!)
I could critique your reviews as well if you want Oki~
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Tyriant wrote:
I totally agree! Perhaps she should invest in a Beta reader. Here's the rest of Fang's reviews from her (Click me!)

She needs to give up her beta reader job to someone who would be of higher qualification. XD

And that would be awesome Tyriant! I'd love to see it~.
Back to top Go down
Angel_the_Claymore
Tiny Tina
Tiny Tina
Angel_the_Claymore

PokéPartner : Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 196

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay, so I'm going to sound like a retard but what happened, guys? Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Angel_the_Claymore wrote:
Okay, so I'm going to sound like a retard but what happened, guys? Did I miss something?

If you go back a page before here, we've got it all listed out. it's some beta reader/flamer on fan fiction.net who thinks her work is the greatest thing and that obviously gives her the right to go about telling every other Pkmn fan fiction writer that they basically suck.

Last edited by This March Hare on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel_the_Claymore
Tiny Tina
Tiny Tina
Angel_the_Claymore

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

This March Hare wrote:

If you go back a page before here, we've got it all listed out. it's some beta reader/flamer on fan fiction.net who thinks her work is the greatest thing and that obviously gives her the right to go about telling every other Pkmn fan fiction writer that they basically suck.

Ahh... okay. So I'm guessing we may have another flame war on our hands?
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 pm

This March Hare wrote:

Not here. And why would you assume that? Did you even read any of the previous posts on here?
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

This March Hare wrote:

...Not here. It's more a personal issue because this writer blatantly tears into other peoples fics but complains when another person does the same to her claiming that 'we don't get it' and typically throw a fit.

It's not just us that she'd done this too. So many other users go about reviewing her work in an actual beta reading form because of it and make more sense than she does.

It's a matter of she's calling people out on things when she herself does not write well.
Back to top Go down
Angel_the_Claymore
Tiny Tina
Tiny Tina
Angel_the_Claymore

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Mad Hatter's Passion wrote:
This March Hare wrote:

Not here. And why would you assume that? Did you even read any of the previous posts on here?

Not before that post. Now I did. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:35 pm

This March Hare wrote:
Tyriant wrote:

She needs to give up her beta reader job to someone who would be of higher qualification. XD

And that would be awesome Tyriant! I'd love to see it~.

Sorry, I was gone for a bit, but here you go Oki! (Click me!)
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh, my God, guys you have not seen levels of pretentiousness and conceitedness until you see the PMs between Farla and myself.

I'll post them up in a rant later on after I breed this Dewott for Oki in Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh, my God, guys you have not seen levels of pretentiousness and conceitedness until you see the PMs between Farla and myself.

I'll post them up in a rant later on after I breed this Dewott for Oki in Pokemon.

Good sweet lord. Does that chick have a foot stuck up her ass? I mean really.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Tyriant wrote:

Good sweet lord. Does that chick have a foot stuck up her ass? I mean really.
At this point I think she's just so far up on her high horse she thinks she can do no wrong and that any reviews she receives are from 'butthurt' people she had reviewed previously.
Back to top Go down
Tyriant
Tyriant

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Some people /eye roll There's not much we can do about those people. Other than hope they try to publish a book someday and have it rejected because they literally just lack the talent.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Tyriant wrote:
Some people /eye roll There's not much we can do about those people. Other than hope they try to publish a book someday and have it rejected because they literally just lack the talent.
That would honestly be the best form of karma. I only wish that happens and that I am some how, some way, there to witness it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2   Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 2
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next