AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 509

[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm

A scoff of her own was released, more out of amusement than anything else. It was a common theme among all of them. Scoffing, grunting and snorting at each other in answer to whatever was said. One grew used to it rather quickly.

"And if I am?" she shot back lightly, sparing another glance his way.

Spectre didn't seem particularly put off by the interest. In a way, Hatter was only working to make conversation as it was, to pass some time. She waited, glancing back at Bambi. Whether she was dozing or actually asleep, Hatter couldn't tell from here. It didn't matter much either way, so long as she made no move to do anything rash.

It was a short stretch before Spectre spoke up. It seemed he hadn't put much thought into it, though Hatter hadn't either. The most that flitted across her mind over the matter was a brief question of if she'd find mercenary work elsewhere or not. There was no way she was fit for civilian life now, none of them were.

"You'll figure it out," she answered with a shrug of her own. "You always do."

It was true enough, anyways. No matter what scraps they all got into they all had a habit of figuring out how to get back up on their feet and keep moving. She supposed it was a good skill to have in this line of work.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Spectre couldn't help but shake his head in amusement. She was doing her best to keep the conversation going. For once, he didn't mind that fact. If anything else, he would have simply been up most of the night, piddling around on the laptop. Despite his deep interest, it grew rather dull most days when things didn't update.

"I suppose...there's little I can do about it," he responded.

He prodded her playfully in return however, pushing her shoulder lightly. Her weight shifted, making the mattress under them squeak loudly. Across the room, he saw Bambi flinch, blinking herself awake again. He couldn't help but snort at that.

The long stretch of silence didn't bother him so much. They both seemed to be lost within their own thoughts. This was rather normal for him. He found it hard to pull himself out of these lapses and converse on regular occasions.

He glanced back toward her when she spoke up again, humming in response. It was true enough. He worked things out when he best had the time to. They all might have had a plan and they might not have. It seemed too early to worry about.

"And...what of you?" he inquired after a few moments passed. "What is it...you plan to do?"

It was merely curiosity. She seemed like someone who wanted to start a new if she could, someone who did need people more then the others. Of course, that's simply from what he had observed. For all he knew, her interests could have been entirely different.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:46 am

A small chuckle escaped Hatter at Spectre's answer. When they had first met he wouldn't have been so blasé about it. In fact, he probably would have pushed her away just for that sort of an interest in him. Sparing a glance at him and catching his gray eyes briefly with hers, Hatter couldn't help but to note how he had grown as a person since Raccoon City just months ago.

Hatter was rather glad to see this side of him, now that the others were asleep. It wasn't like Bambi would be saying much about whatever she witnessed anyways. She seemed content to be quiet and out of the way to save herself any trouble.

The playful prodding and teasing was something she actually enjoyed from Spectre. It wasn't loud and overbearing or even mocking. Hatter could only guess that she'd grown so used to Beltway's humor that anything else seemed like a breath of fresh air.

Surprise flitted across her face as she turned back to inspect him. His question wasn't one she'd been expecting. In fact, Hatter had been waiting for the silence to carry on again. Still, it was nice to let the conversation continue. Again, she marveled over how much he seemed to have changed over the months.

Hatter took a moment to think about it. Nothing in particular crossed her mind. In fact, it was difficult now to think about anything without any of their little team, especially Spectre. She hummed in thought about that, pushing it to the side. Spectre didn't need to know about that.

"Dunno," she answered with a shrug. "Would be nice to try something new but I tend to self sabotage myself so..."

With that she trailed off. Whether or not anyone realized that self sabotage was a bad habit of Hatter's was anyone's guess. True enough, she'd have had a better lot in life if she didn't let herself get to the point of saying or doing something so incredibly stupid that there was no hope of rectifying whatever she had done. It had been part of the fact that she'd never been promoted in the U.S.S. ranks to boot, even when she had the ability and skill to pursue the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:48 am

It was quiet again. Spectre didn't mind it. He could even manage to crack a small smile, watching the small amount of joy on her face for a few moments.

It was rare to see a lot of genuine emotions from many of them. More times then not, real emotions were shoved aside. In these matters, they were no different. It was rare enough for him to show any genuine side. He gave Hatter credit for being able to do it.

That momentary happiness fell from her face however. He hummed lightly at that, wondering what was on her mind. The question seemed to have caught her off guard. Why shouldn't it? There was no telling what any of them would do after this. They could stick with what they knew best or make attempts to settle down.

He wasn't sure either would prove to be an accomplishment. It would be difficult on all of them.

"Well..." he started carefully, glancing at her for her expression. "Something new could be...refreshing if you chose the...straight and narrow."

Spectre couldn't see the lot of them making it that way but if they did, that was more power to them. Whatever they choose in life was their business, not his own. He just hoped the right decisions would come around this time. After Umbrella, they were all a little mistrusting.

He finally sighed and shook his head, glancing around the room. It was late, they were no doubt both wary at this point. The girl named Bambi had barely moved and he doubted she would be causing any problems. She seemed to know her place rather well already.

"I won't miss...sleeping in old motels..." he finally mused, in a bid to lighten the mood. "That much...I know."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:24 am

The smile that had appeared on his lips was small, barely there and easy to miss. If Hatter hadn't known any better she would have chalked it up as a trick of the light. Instead her heart seemed to skip a beat, leaving her with a brief fuzzy feeling in her chest. Not understanding exactly that was she was quick to dismiss it.

It was an easy thing to do, anyways, what with the question he'd asked in return. The mood had sobered a little at that, even with Spectre's attempts to pick it up.

"Straight and narrow, huh?" she mulled over, brow furrowing. She turned her attention to the far off wall, seeing but not seeing the little painting of a woman in a forest. Hatter wasn't sure what to make of the scenarios that ran in her head; little apartment buildings, finding a significant other and holding a decent job. It all sounded so foreign and boring to Hatter.

She scoffed a little at his prod, more out of amusement than anything else. Hatter's gaze drifted back to his, chin finding a resting spot on his shoulder again. "I think all of us are sick of hotels by now."

They'd be prodding Vector and Beltway up soon at this rate. The ticking of the clock nearby and Beltway's snoring were the only other noises in the room. Hatter took the time to observe Spectre, never having really taken the time to do so. Before all of this she'd never had the chance to see him without his gas mask on or his surveillance gear. She took in his face, the color of his eyes and his hair.

For several seconds she did this, brow furrowing at the desire that welled up in her. It wasn't unbearable, merely there and rather insistent. Hatter could only chalk it up to the way she'd been feeling 'human' as she'd put it. Why else would she be so in-tune with her feelings again? Hatter was convinced it would pass.

Still... Quietly she spoke up, her voice just above a whisper. She had no doubt the others were fast asleep, lost to the world for the moment.

"Feel free to say no but can I kiss you?" She paused for a beat before she carried on. "You don't have to kiss back if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:48 pm

He allowed her to ponder what he had said uninterrupted. She seemed to have a lot on her mind now as it was. Though the chat had been a nice change of pace, he couldn't deny that there would be a lot to think about in the future. It might have not been such a big thing to focus on now, but who knew. They all drifted in and out of these stages.

He scoffed a little at the response. They were all tired of it, that much he knew. Hotels like this, as safe as they could be, were cramped and uncomfortable. They all needed space, if only for a little while. The way things, it was a wonder they weren't at each others throats more then half of the time.

"Who...knows how long we'll...be stuck in them..." he mused after a few moments.

That much he figured would be true. Umbrella was vast after all, even if they were underground now. He was able to track that much information. It wouldn't be an easy job.

The silence resumed again for a few short beats. He didn't mind it. When next she spoke up, he had to strain to hear what she had said. When he was able to discern it, he blinked, taken aback by those words. A strange feeling bloomed in him. He turned his head a little, clearing his throat. This wasn't something he'd expect come out of her.

Eventually, after observing that the others were indeed asleep, he glanced back toward her. The last thing either of them needed was someone like Beltway holding this above their heads. Something told him Hatter would have been able to push that aside easier, however.

"I...don't see why not..." he muttered the agreement after a few more beats.

He watched her carefully, wondering what as going through her mind or what she might be feeling. His own were very mixed and strange. Regardless, he attempted to quash them, if only for a short moment.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:51 pm

It had grown quiet after the hotel topic. It wasn't like there wasn't anything more they could talk about, to Hatter it seemed like it was more that neither was bothered by the silence and had no reason to break it. She hadn't kept much stock in the seconds that passed as she grew lost in thought.

When she had twisted around finally to rest her chin on his shoulder Hatter hadn't spoken loudly. In a way she didn't want to risk any of the others waking up. It was a silly effort considering the way they'd been talking before did little to rouse either of their team or the girl.

Spectre was understandably caught off guard by the question when it finally sunk in. Hatter merely waited patiently for his answer, even as his gaze darted to the others in the room. Whatever was going through his head was a mystery to her though Hatter was marginally distressed at the way apprehension at any sort of rejection began to bubble up in her chest.

It wasn't something she should be feeling. Things like that? They were squashed out during training if not before.

Her heart seemed to flip in response to his answer. Hatter would take the time later to brood over it when the human thing passed. They always did and the process would continue with Hatter thinking over what she'd thought and said during such periods. It would be no different this time around.

Shifting so she was facing him, Hatter cupped his cheek in her hand. She caught his gaze with hers briefly, before she leaned in. She caught his bottom lip in hers lightly, as if worried that anything more might drive him off. Hatter would linger for a short while before pulling away.

Last edited by Mad Hatter's Passion on Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Spectre waited on her. Her face seemed to brighten at his response. He had to wonder why. Was she the type to not take rejection well? He couldn't understand why. He recalled how much she said she felt human. Perhaps this was a little more of her genuine side.

It was strange, seeing it. He'd been so used to the rambunctious side, her loud mouth. This was somehow much softer than what she put up front more days then not. This side genuinely made him curious.

He didn't get time to ponder over it however. Her hand finally brushed passed his cheek. It was a light, feathery thin, showing a gentleness he didn't believe she had. Not long after she captured his mouth with her own.

Hesitant as it was, Spectre couldn't help but enjoy it. He leaned into it, nibbling at her lips, kissing back with an amount of confidence she'd not yet shown. A hand worked into her hair, holding her head so she might not pull away yet.

Only when she felt the need to pull away did he relent and allow it. He snorted lightly at that, her face showing how shy she really was, despite being the one to 'offer', so to speak.

He sat in silence, a little unsure of how to carry one. Spectre had never been a people person and relationships with others was a foreign concept to him. Briefly, he glanced back toward her, wondering how she was feeling now.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Hatter hadn't been quite sure what to expect. For the most part she had expected to feel as she always had, perhaps Spectre would even be unresponsive and they'd never talk about it again. Little things like that happened between everyone, after all.

Instead a strange, unfamiliar warmth burst in her chest, doubling when Spectre almost immediately began to kiss back with much more confidence and passion than she'd have expected from him. Hatter found she rather enjoyed the feel of his hand tangled up in her hair, keeping her in place for the time being.

A quiet grunt escaped her when he nibbled at her lip, her heart leaping in response. When he finally allowed her to pull away, Hatter grew conscious of how warm her face had turned. It was quiet between them again after that. Hatter could only guess that Spectre didn't know what to say.

Rather tentatively, she ran her thumb over his cheek affectionately. She observed his reaction, taking note of how he didn't pull away. Why? He had always been one to value his space. Was there something there that she just hadn't been aware of before?

Hatter leaned forward, placing another quick kiss at the corner of his lips. He had responded favorably to it before and she had to wonder if he minded or not.

"Maybe we should wake them up for their watch," she offered.

If nothing else they could wait a few minutes before doing so, allowing her face to cool a bit more. Even half-asleep and grouchy Beltway could notice the littlest thing to joke about and mock later.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Spectre studied her again. It took some time before her face would cool. For as loud and rambunctious she could be, he wouldn't have guessed her to be a the softer type. It was a nice change of pace. A great deal of him wanted to know more about this side of her. This more 'human' side.

He allowed her to kiss the corner of her mouth, leaving his heart pounding. He didn't mention this however. He didn't feel a need to. They both seemed to be feeling something new. He didn't so much mind it, though, he couldn't begin to put his finger on why.

Spectre allowed a few minutes to pass by. He didn't want to cause any unnecessary problems between the group. Beltway wasn't the type to be cheerful when he was woken. Glancing back, he would only move when her face wasn't so red. He gave an affectionate, at least for him, ruffle of her hair before getting up.

He pushed himself up and moved to Beltways bed. Shaking the larger man, he muttered a few words before he would rouse. It would take time and he wouldn't be in a pleasant mood but it rarely fazed Spectre.

He glanced back toward the woman on the other side of the room. Shaking his head, he glanced toward Hatter. She busied herself waking Vector. For the moment, it seemed there wouldn't be any problems. The night was peaceful for once.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:35 pm

The silence, broken only by Beltway and the clock, wasn't disrupted any further after that. Instead they sat as they had, letting the seconds tick by. Hatter was relieved when her face no longer felt warm.

It was only then when he had glanced her way briefly before Spectre had gotten to his feet and made his way towards the bed Beltway had claimed. That left Vector for Hatter, who was far easier to rouse. Normally Hatter was the one to get Beltway up if he was asleep, having to resort to jumping on him or smacking him with his pillow to do so. She didn't mind the change up this time around.

Shaking Vector's shoulder was all it took for him to jerk awake. He blinked blearily up at her, confusion on his face for only a split second before it was gone. He grunted, rubbing his eyes.

"That time?"

His voice was low, gravelly with sleep. Hatter nodded, "Up you get."

It didn't take him long after that to roll out of bed, the mattress squeaking as he did. It wasn't a terribly loud sound but one that was noticeable enough. Only after he had moved to a chair at a nearby table did Hatter flop down on the bed, burying her face into the pillow.

The comforter was still largely undisturbed, neither Vector nor she having a need to crawl under it. Most times they slept in their clothes and rolled out of bed fully dressed. Hatter didn't bother to check on Spectre rousing Beltway. He'd get Beltway up one way or another on his own anyways.

She could hear Beltway grumbling already as it was.

"What do ya want? Fuck off!"

Hatter snorted into the pillow at that. It seemed Beltway wasn't particularly cooperative at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Spectre snort, having to shake Beltway two and three times to rouse the man. When he did finally wake, it was obvious the man was in a foul mood. Spectre didn't let it shake him however. He rarely ever did.

"Up," he ordered shortly. "Your...watch."

If he had to resort to Hatter's method of waking him, he would. A few simple smacks with his own pillow would get him moving, though, Spectre doubted Beltway would care for it coming from him.

Spectre figured they at least didn't have to deal with someone who would put up a constant fight. Despite the fitful way she slept, she hadn't made so much as a peep. He figured Beltway should be grateful for that much.

When the man finally did relent and get out of the bed, Spectre was quick to lay down. It had been a long and eventful day. He had to wonder how he wasn't so tired earlier. Wariness seemed to hit in waves anymore.

He heaved a light sigh before closing his eyes, barely paying mind to Beltway grumbling.

The night would go by quickly, much to his distaste. Regardless, it didn't take him long to drift off into a dreamless sleep. He appreciated that much.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:12 am

It had been somewhat of a chore for Spectre to get Beltway up. Vector had merely sat back, arms crossed and watched. At least he hadn't had to resort to Hatter's methods to get Beltway up and at his watch. During that time Vector had made himself more comfortable in his chosen chair, glancing towards Bambi.

The watch would pass slowly for him. Occasionally he and Beltway chatted about this and that even if the other was grouchy and snappish. It didn't faze Vector too much anymore. Occasionally Bambi would stir or get jumpy in her sleep though she never roused.

Eventually the hours passed. Vector had even picked up a pad of paper and pen and had begun crudely doodling. They weren't anything fancy, they never were. Better than most he probably could have had some sort of a career in art if he'd actively tried to improve his technique and paid any sort of attention in art classes during his school years.

He lifted his head, brow raised, from his doodling of a pistol as Beltway made his sway towards Hatter's bed. "What are you up to?"

The look Beltway shot his way only raised his curiosity further.
"Turnin' Hatter into a goddamn grease monkey!"

Vector shook his head at that, resisting rolling his eyes. It'd been a topic that had been cropping up more and more the last few weeks. Thinking on it, it shouldn't have surprised Vector that Beltway would make due on that of, all things. Already he was rapping his knuckles repeatedly over Hatter's shoulder, progressively getting harder with the contact until she glared up at him.

"Don't make me scream 'lights, lights, lights' on you," Beltway threatened. Vector could only guess this had been what his old drill sergeants had shouted during basic training at him. Vector snorted in amusement at this.

Hatter didn't look at all pleased as she threw her pillow at Beltway.
"Eat me," she grumbled, laying her head back down. Beltway didn't give her much of a chance to doze off again, already hauling her up on her feet despite the way she was glaring death and hell fire at him.

"Be sure to remember the license plates!" Vector called after them, his voice still hushed, as they exited. Beltway had his bag in hand as they went.

Vector shook his head again, glancing between Spectre and Bambi. It wouldn't be long before Spectre woke up. They had all gotten used to waking early, their biological clocks keeping the routine for them. Bambi, however, he couldn't guess as to when she'd be up and moving.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:40 am

Spectre roused himself due to the noise. They were all light sleepers, with the exception of Beltway. So when the loud man started prodding Hatter to get up, he did the same.

He pushed himself up from the bed and ran a hand through his hair. He caught sight of Beltway ushering Hatter out of the room. They would work on the car though, if it couldn't be fixed they'd resort to stealing another. It was a case he'd rather avoid. The act could easily get authorities on their tails again.

He spared a glance around the room, a nod toward Vector but not much else. It seemed everyone was up and partly moving with the exception of Bambi. For the moment, that wasn't much of his business.

Spectre pushed himself from the bed, allowing a long stretch until he was satisfied. He would move outside not much longer after, needing some fresh air. The room was cramped and stuffy, after all. They would be returning to the car soon after that.

He glanced toward Hatter and Beltway. Already the man was prodding her out of her sleepy state and he shook his head at that, rather amused. They all had their good points, he figured. Quietly, he wandered over, simply to watch. Unless prodded to, he wasn't one for joining into this kind of banter.

Bambi wasn't sure what time it was when she woke. There was suddenly too much noise. It assaulted her headache, made her head throb even more. She cringed at the sound, opening her eyes. The light didn't help.

Her body was sore and she could only begin to guess it was from the tension she went through the day before. She couldn't relax and didn't get much sleep. The chair hadn't helped. Her back was sore and little movements irritated it. From her outlook, her waking was a misery.

The room quickly fell silent again. She barely caught the larger man known as Beltway usher the woman out of the room. One still slept while another kept watch. A sigh left her as she ran a hand through her hair. She regretted the decision a moment after, her shoulders deciding to complain as well.

Other then a few glances, she found little reason to move. If she was hungry, she barely noticed, a familiar weight still lodged in her stomach. She tried to ignore it but the feelings still remained there.

There had never been a whole lot she could do about that much.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:59 am

Vector continued to sit back silently, even as Spectre had gotten himself up, stretching and following after Beltway and Hatter. He didn't put too much stock into it. The room was stuffy as it was, the windows closed all night. If he hadn't had to watch Bambi he probably would have found his way outside already, too.

He glanced Bambi's way when she began to move, cringing at whatever soreness had settled in her.

"I take it that wasn't the best sleep you've ever had," he prodded, if a little sarcastically. Vector merely chalked it up to having been around Beltway and Hatter for too long now.

She still seemed apt to keep quiet and he shrugged. It was no problem of his if she did so. Instead he stood, reaching for one of the bags and digging through it. They had all sorts of snack foods, most of them unhealthy and picked up from gas stations and convenience stores, between them. Vector dug out a bag of Doritos, tossing them towards her. It wasn't much but it was something.

"Better than nothing," he said, if only to kill the silence for a little while longer. Whether or not she responded, Vector would deal with that as it came.

Beltway had been quick to pop the front end of the vehicle up, the innards of the car, its engine all displayed for them. Hatter could have cared less, leaning against the side of it, resting her forehead on her hand. Her head was still throbbing dully, not yet gone from the night before.

Beltway had rummaged around through his bag, tinkering with this and that. Hatter didn't pay any sort of attention to him, her eyes closed and dozing off yet again. As such, she was completely unaware that Spectre had followed them out, the morning light still dull and gray with the rising sun in the distance. It wasn't until Beltway threw something at her, the little thing bouncing harmlessly off her shoulder that she jerked.

"Did you just throw a spark plug at me?" A pause followed. "Why do you even a spark plug on you?"

"To make you fuckin' ask questions, now pay attention! Or do I gotta rub your nose in the grease to wake ya up?" Beltway snorted. "Pour your Coke on that."

Hatter glanced at the battery he gestured to. The blue-colored buildup was thick on it, seen even with the plastic covers over them. She snorted, disliking the idea of wasting any of her pop but never-the-less she reached for the bottle, removing the connected wires before doing so.

"I will fucking suffocate you, Belt." She held up the nearly empty bottle. "With this. I will shove it down your throat."

The fizzing as the Coke ate away at the build up filled the brief silence, Beltway grunting. It was only a second later that he reached over, smearing whatever grease and rust had gotten on his hand over her cheek and nose. Hatter let out a rather subdued shout at this, jerking back though it was too late. The bottle was thrown quickly after, bouncing off of his side and splattering the remainder of her soda everywhere.

"And you blame me for wasting that shit!"

"Yeah, I do, because I had to throw it at you anyways!"
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Bambi could only offer a grunt in response. Her head throbbed. Whatever dull light still filtered around the room didn't help. She had doubts that she'd be getting any less irritable any time soon. She would try to keep whatever temper she had in check, if she could even muster up the energy to manage that much.

She lifted her head a little when he stood. Another pang of pain ran through her but she did her best to ignore it. She was bound to be sore for a long while.

She watched him rummage through a bag before tossing her a small bag of Doritos. She didn't have much intention on eating. A weight remained in her stomach, warding off any hunger pains she might have felt. Her head still throbbed also, making her less then hungry at the given moment.

Bambi ran a hand over her forehead, as if that might help ward away the pain. She screwed her eyes shut for a moment before opening them again. The dull light did little to help.

"Do you...have anything for a headache?" she finally asked softly. "If not, that's fine."

It was awkward at best. She wasn't sure how she felt about asking. He'd been the one who initially grabbed her not a day before, after all. It all left her rather conflicted.

Spectre had made his way slowly toward the car. The pair were already at it. Neither cared for mornings and as such, could be at each others throat. Most wouldn't realize that this was nothing but playful banter, however loud it was.

"You two...could wake the dead, if you...really tried." he noted, halting a little ways from their 'work'.

It didn't appear like anything had been getting done. At least, not to home. Spectre wasn't one to go digging around in the engine's of cars. He quite liked his job in intelligence and planned on keeping it that way.

Idly, he kicked the now emptied bottle to the side where it remained, now useless. Well, useless Hatter made good on her promise about shoving it down his throat. He'd believe it could happen as well. She was the type.

"So much for...progress." he jested lightly, glancing toward Hatter.

She seemed inclined to remain in her huffy state. It was a normal sight, as playful as it was. She'd simply get upset or angry over the little things. Throwing out her soda was only one of many. In a way, it was a little cute. He could admit that much.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:08 pm

The way she moved and glanced around was enough to tell Vector that she wasn't energetic. No doubt the way she'd slept in that chair all night had something to do with it. At least this way she wouldn't be much of a hassle if she tried to cause any trouble. Even when he threw the Doritos bag at her she didn't put much effort into catching it.

Vector shook his head, turning to the window and pulling the curtains back just enough to peek outside. He could spy Beltway hunched over the car, elbow deep in the front end while Hatter looked none too enthused about the whole ordeal. Even Spectre was nearby, merely watching without much enthusiasm on his face. Vector dropped the curtain.

Turning back to Bambi as she spoke he raised a brow. At least she was speaking up. Asking for painkillers was better than nothing at all. Why he thought that he wasn't entirely sure. They'd all been acting a little more strangely as of late as it was.

"We might have something," he admitted.

Making his way back to his bag it was a quick process of checking the smaller pouches. They all had kept a stock of their own lately, gauze and painkillers and the like. It wasn't too long before he had a bottle of aspirin. He held the bottle out, well aware that she might mistrust the pills if she didn't tug them out herself.

"Surprised you can still speak," Vector jested.

Brow furrowed, Hatter glanced at Spectre as he made his way towards them. Even Beltway had paused in his work to glimpse the other man before turning back to the car. Whatever Beltway was inspecting was way beyond Hatter's head. She'd never been much of a car junkie as it was.

"Good thing I ain't tryin'," Beltway snorted.

Shaking her head, Hatter sucked in a deep breath. She'd probably end up popping a few pain killers later. She gestured to the crunched up front end of the car. The headlight had even broken when Beltway had run through the cop car's door.

"Dunno why you're messin' with this hunk of junk. The damage on it's tell-tale enough," she pointed out.

"What better thing to get you broken in on than a junker?" Beltway shot back easily.

Rolling her eyes she turned to Spectre, ignoring Beltway's attempts to get her to focus on the parts in front of them. Hatter had no interest to even get into cars as it was. Besides, why should she when Beltway was alive and knew what he was doing? She shrugged at Spectre, indicating that she wasn't expecting any sort of progress anyways.

"You're tellin' me, Spec'," she said. Hatter glanced at the bottle, off further away where he'd kicked it. "That was my last Coke..."

Considering how much heat was on them now it would be some time, a day at most, before they could stop anywhere to get the little things like that. More likely was that Beltway would be driving like a madman down back roads to get them out of the area and away from people who would be on high alert.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

She lifted her head again, watching as he moved over to the bag. If he had something, it was greatly appreciated. Still, she wasn't sure how she felt about accepting it from the man who'd kidnapped her. She tried to shove that aside, for the need get rid of the pain alone.

Gingerly, she took the container of pills from him. She glanced at him, taking a moment to study his face before opening the bottle of pills. She hoped a couple would ease the pain away for a short time but she couldn't tell. She popped the pills into her mouth, swallowing them dry.

"Thank you," she finally spoke up again, handing the bottle back.

She shifted uncomfortably, a little unsure of what to say. True enough, more times then not she had surprised herself when she went through these silences. She always found her voice again. This was different. She didn't know what to feel here.

"...I don't...understand you..." she finally admitted.

She'd expected a great deal of things but not this. He'd been attempting to talk to her since the night before, tried to joke with her. It left her torn on what to think. The way he acted now, it seemed more like he was going out of the way to take care of her. That alone left her confused.

Bambi sighed again, her gaze drawn to the floor for a moment. "I...shouldn't complain. Never mind..."

Spectre snorted, shaking his head. He hoped that no one near had been alerted. The way things were now, anyone could up and recognize the lot of them. Carting Bambi around as well was a hazard in and of itself. It seemed the general plan was to keep her alive, however.

He glanced Hatter's way, noting the expression on her features. She didn't seem to be pleased on having to stick around. For the moment, it seemed impossible to change Beltway's mind. When he got something in his head, it normally stayed there.

Spectre made note to check on any new updates before they started heading out. The way things were looking, that would take some time in and of itself. At least they had a short break, if anything.

He wasn't able to resist a scoff at Hatter's response. One would think the world had just ended. She liked her soda and when it was gone, she typically pouted. Little luxuries like that didn't come around easily anymore.

"I...think you'll survive..." he shot back, his tone rather light. He wasn't so much the type to joke around but once in a while never hurt.

Spectre spared a glance around the area. Other than a few cars passing by, no one was around. That would change when the sun rose, if only for a while. People filtered out of places like this as quickly as they could manage, when they weren't using them as makeshift homes.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:19 pm

It didn't surprise Vector when she was hesitant to take the pill bottle from him. In fact, that at least was a normal reaction to all of this. At least she wasn't being stubborn about not speaking up. Acting like a pouty child would only draw attention to them when they didn't need it.

Vector shrugged, taking the bottle back. It was a simple matter of just tossing it back near his bag. He'd either shove it back in before they left or he'd forget it, either way it wouldn't be much of a loss.

He busied himself afterwards with shoving everyone's clothes into their respective bags, besides Beltway's. The man had dragged his bag out with him, after all. Occasionally he glanced towards Bambi, making sure that she didn't try to dart off on him. If that was the case he'd easily chase her down. Out of the four of them, Vector was the quickest on his feet though perhaps not the most nimble.

"What's to understand?" he pressed simply. She hadn't been keen on talking last night so why should he indulge now? At least not as easily.

Snorting he finished up getting things gathered. Though he had prodded about license plates when Beltway had dragged a half-awake Hatter out, Vector was well aware they'd be swapping vehicles before they'd left. Something as damaged and now bullet-ridden as what they had rode in on would leave them too obvious.

A quick glance at the clock told him how much time they had. They'd need to get a move on quick, find the next city to bunker down in for a few days and keep on the move as they always did. If they didn't head out in the next half hour than Vector was sure someone would notice them.

Hatter spared a glance around. There was one guy off on the other end of the parking lot, lugging a bag around to his truck. Other than that they were the only ones up and moving so far. Why Beltway was so keen on wasting time was anyone's guess.

She shrugged at Spectre. "If I get caffeine withdrawals it's not my fault."

It drew quiet after that for several minutes. Occasionally Beltway cussed, attempting to get Hatter into tinkering with the car's innards with him. For the most part this only served to smear more grease and rust over each other. Nothing was getting done with the car though in a way, Hatter felt Beltway had been well aware that might be the case. It was a recent endeavor of his to get her more into cars as it was. Each attempt had a tendency to end in failure.

Finally Beltway stepped away from the car, giving a shove to Hatter as he did so.
"A'ight, fine! If you're so fuckin' done let's just go pick somethin' else then!"

"'Bout fucking time," she answered, attempting to wipe some of the grease off her cheek. It only smeared it more and she wiped her hand off on her pant leg. "Somethin' from around back, maybe?"

It would surprise her if Beltway decided against it. There would be less of a chance to be seen from there while he hot wired whatever vehicle they decided on. Either she or Spectre could easily go get Vector and the hostage as it was.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Bambi heaved another sigh. She was left with no answers, only able to consult her thoughts. They didn't help either. The more time she took to thing, the worse things seemed to get. She wasn't sure of this entire situation, much less how he was acting.

She didn't get much of a reply. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. She figured she couldn't do much about it. It wasn't like she had much intention of talking. Perhaps it was just a way of getting back at her, though, she didn't see what the point in that was.

She caught a few glances in her direction but otherwise dismissed it. She had no intention of running. Even if she did, she knew it was chalked up to a lose-lose situation. If what he said was true, she'd be killed either way. Returning to her old life was less then possible now.

"What are your plans with me?" she finally spoke up. She kept her voice low, not finding much need to.

Bambi felt she had a right to know. At least that way, she had a little more of an idea of what to do with herself. If she was just being used as a scapegoat and then simply tossed away, she could try to prepare herself for that. Despite what some thought, she could be incredibly stubborn when she put her mind to it. Something like that, as bleak as it was, was no different.

Spectre glanced in the direction of the man. He seemed to be deep within his own thoughts, not even sparing a glance in their direction. Spectre found himself thankful for that much. The news would spread, after all, and eventually people would be keeping an eye out for them.

They would have to start moving quickly if they could manage it.

He scoffed in response to Hatter's words. True enough, she did rely quite a bit on caffeine. A crash would be coming around in the near future. No one wanted to deal with that. Other then that, things fell silent again.

He shook his head slightly at Beltway and Hatter's antics. They spent more time toying with each other then the car itself. Not that he much minded. The condition of the car was bad enough. It would serve as nothing but a red flag to anyone on their tail.

Spectre offered a shrug in response to the 'agreement' that came around. It was only a short amount of time before the car they had been working on would be tossed out. He didn't so much mind that.

"It's as good...a plan as any," he said, glancing back toward the hotel room. "We'll...gather the others...when you're ready."

He was getting antsy, wanted to get on the move. They could only spare so much time, after all. The more they wasted, the more of a chance they would be spotted out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:16 pm

For as quiet as she had been Vector was noticing she made a lot of little noises. That sigh she'd heaved when he'd not answered her the way she was probably wanting him to had been a loud one in the otherwise quiet room. Vector wondered if she was always that way or if it was just due to her circumstances.

It wasn't until he had rounded up the remaining bags and shoved the clothes into each did Bambi speak up again. Raising a brow, he turned to her. Is she being serious right now? The look on her face, expectant as it was, told him that she was.

"You're a hostage," he started simply. "What exactly do you think that entails?"

True, they had not acted in the way most kidnappers probably would have. Perhaps she'd been ready for the full nine yards, being tied to chairs and gagged and the like. That wouldn't have done them much good, however, especially if someone slipped and one of the hotel's staff had come in to clean something. Unlikely as it was Vector and the others couldn't risk ruling things like that out.

"Not everything you see in movies is exactly how they go, you know," Vector noted, the teasing tone in his voice hidden. He had shrugged as he'd said this as well. That was where most people got their information now-a-days at least.

Beltway shot Spectre a look, shrugging a shoulder as he spoke up. "You sound as if we haven't done this before!"

It was something they'd had to do once or twice now. A car had to be ditched and Beltway would drag Hatter out to 'fix' it when they both knew they'd just be high jacking another one soon after. It was beginning to become something of a pattern that Hatter rather disliked.

"Funny, that's what you keep telling me every time you drag me out of bed for this nonsense," Hatter pointed out.

A scoff was her only answer from Beltway to that. Instead he reached down to scoop up his bag, slinging it easily over his shoulder once it was zipped closed. Without so much as waiting he lumbered off around to the back where some of the staff would be parked at. Hopefully shift changes wouldn't happen at this time, leaving them an opening.

Hatter turned to Spectre, pushing herself from the car. There was still a healthy amount of grime on her face and she'd have to wipe it off when she had some time. For the moment one of them would have to fetch Vector and their hostage while the other stood watch for Beltway.

"I stand watch, you go get the others?" she offered, jerking her head towards their rented room. It wouldn't be long on either end. Beltway was a whizz when it come to hot wiring cars. Where he'd picked up the skill was anyone's guess.

Without waiting for an answer she spun around on her heel, waving briefly to Spectre over her shoulder. "Don't keep me waitin' now," she called back teasingly, if a little more flirtatiously than she usually would.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Bambi glanced away, feeling irritation spark inside her. She didn't care to be patronized, as much of a 'joke' it had been. She was concerned for her own well being and did want to know what was to become of her, whether she'd be kept alive or not. They didn't seem to have too much of a problem lording her life around in jokes, after all.

"I'm aware." She responded, a flicker of irritation in her tone. "Only psychopaths and sociopaths that get off on dominating their victims do that."

She didn't make mention of how often she looked into the physiology of murderers. It was an odd interest and one that she didn't quite like bringing up in conversation. Still, the knowledge did help in the situation.

Given who these people seemed involved with, she knew they were all more or less sane. They knew the difference between right and wrong, simply chose to do wrong. Or was it something else? Umbrella didn't have the greatest track record, after all. Even if they tried to cover it up, there were always holes that could be found.

She was finding it harder and harder to quash any irritation welling up inside her. She gnawed at the inside of her mouth, attempting to focus on something else, calm whatever angry attempting to well up. It did very little to help.

Spectre snorted in return to Beltway's words. Whatever retort he had was left silent. The large man started for the back of the building, lugging the bag he'd taken earlier with him. Spectre shook his head a moment after.

He glanced back toward Hatter a moment later. She would keep watch, though, there wasn't much to watch as of the moment. It could change in moments however. They all knew that much. He started toward the building again, scoffing in return.

"Perhaps I will keep you waiting?" he shot back rather playfully.

With that said, he moved toward the room. Pushing his way back in, he spared a brief glance at the pair. He shook his head slightly. Things seemed to be splendid inside. He moved to grab a couple bags, nodded toward the door.

"We'll be ready to move..." he announced before he left the room, the laptop and a couple other bags in tow.

Bambi glanced at the other man who walked in. He was tall and lanky. She couldn't recall what his name was and found she wasn't sure if she even cared. He made quick work of grabbing a few bags before announcing they'd be on their way.

That familiar dread settled on her again, even as she moved to stand. Her limbs complained, the pain killer not yet having taken any full effect. Other than that, she remained silent.

Wherever they were headed, she could only assume. As long as she wasn't stuffed in a trunk, she figured she couldn't complain. Claustrophobia could easily lead to a panic attack and she found she didn't need something like that on top of everything else.

Instead, she turned her attention back to 'Vector'. "What did you people do anyways?" She finally inquired. "To piss off Umbrella, that is."

She'd delved into conspiracy theories in her early twenties. Until it became an actual threat to 'know too much', she'd more or less pulled away from it. Knowing a few things however, if they were involved with Umbrella, it had to be rather serious.

----[x]----

Spectre wandered back outside. He wasn't sure of what to do with himself so he merely walked back to the car. Hatter still appeared to be fighting off some headache or just in general lack of sleep.

"You appear...bored." He brought up, glancing around for Beltway.

It was a bit of a relief that he'd yet to return. He was always rather loud, morning or night and had a penchant to wear on his nerves. Then again, Hatter could be much the same.

"Suppose we'll be on the move soon." He brought up, leaning against the care. "That is...if those other two would...get moving."

When he'd entered, they'd appeared to be having some kind of conversation. What it was about, he didn't ask. It wasn't his business. Despite how closely they all had to remain, they at least tried to have some respect for their own space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]   [RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[RE RP] My Apocalypse [Reserved]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3