AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 2nged5x

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 am

She left her hand at her side. There wasn't much more she could confess about it all. It shouldn't have taken much to figure out how frightened of it all she really was.

Talking to people was one thing. Knowing that they were expecting her to help fix their problems was another. She wasn't even sure she could manage that much, much less deal with her own problems on top of it.

She wasn't sure how to respond. She glanced back up at him. He seemed to take it all easier then she did. Cedar wasn't sure how he managed that.

"It sounds so easy when you put it that way." She answered. "I wish it really was."

She really did want it all to be simple. Dealing with peoples problems and giving advice to them was never a strong point. Knowing that some would hang on her words didn't give her much to be optimistic about. What if she said something wrong? What would they do then?

Cedar caught herself easily when he nudged her. It wasn't something rough. She glanced up at him. She managed a small smile back.

"At least I have that to count on." She answered.

Really, she was finding he might be the only one for a time. If Mari was here, she would have felt better. In the very least, they could have been stuck in this together.

----[|X|]----

Oki chuckled again. He didn't expect the response. Honestly, he'd seen more of her harder side through these days. She was loosening a little at a time. Oki found himself rather glad about it.

He was growing rather fond of this side of her. In time, she might open up more. If he was doing something right, it certainly showed now.

Oki gave a slight nod, grinning in response. Of course, she couldn't see it. Maybe she felt the lightness of the conversation around them. If that was the case, he hoped it brought her mood up a little bit.

"It is very cute." He answered lightly in return. "You are as well."

He raised an eyebrow whens he glanced at him. Mari looked rather surprised to hear that there were hot springs here. He repressed a chuckle at that. If anything, that spring had been a luck find.

Oki tipped his head and laughed when she spoke. It was the most he'd heard out of her, her tone so light and sounding so excited. He liked it, really liked it. This was something he would have enjoyed seeing more of.

"It seems I've motivated you a little more!" He responded lightly. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it. After all of this passes, I'd be more then happy to show you."

He smiled at her again. She really did look a little better. Oki found himself a little glad that he could make her feel that way.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 509

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Waka scoffed a little. Of course it was easy. It was only because she was thinking and worrying about it so much that it became a problem. The real problems lay outside Sei'an City, where demons were running amok again.

He waved a dismissive hand in answer. "Ah, but who am I to tell you what to do?"

It was true enough. She was a god, whether she liked it or not. She really didn't have to do anything she didn't want to. Waka still had no idea why the gods were around again anyways and so it wasn't like he knew what a good end result to strive for would be.

In truth it was a tiring argument to have. No matter what Waka might say Cedar rebutted it. It almost seemed as if she had no hope for any of it. Or maybe she just wanted to put in as little effort as possible.

Waka reached up, heaving a sigh and adjusting his headdress a bit. If nothing else it gave him something else to focus on. The last thing they needed was an upset god on their hands. That alone made it difficult to say anything concerning these conversations.

----[x]----
Oki was laughing again, as subdued as the sound was. Mari could only assume that Oki wasn't one to let loose. Still, the fact that he had a bit of a lighter side was nice to know. She wondered the extent of it though it was a fleeting thought.

Mari hadn't been expecting the compliment in return. He seemed so awkward before, after all. She tossed him a look, one that was of mild curiosity.

"Well, aren't you a charmer," she noted lightly.

At the mention of hot springs Mari's mood lightened. It was the best news she'd heard since she'd been found here! The thought of having to wait until she could actually be taken to them was a little disheartening, however.

Her face reddened as Oki began to laugh. Was it really that funny that she was pumped for a bath in a hot spring? Mari cleared her throat, glancing around them as he spoke. Another Oina or two glanced their way, perhaps curious of Oki's behavior.

"You seem way too happy about that," she said.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm

She glanced up at him again, a hard frown marring her lips. Anger smothered in her at his words. It was hot, smothering in her, an emotion she didn't quite like.

Who could she blame on this but herself? It wasn't as if she was being all so direct with her words. Maybe he was just the kind to wave anyone off. She couldn't tell. She didn't know him all that well, after all. For all she knew, he could have just been dismissing everything she'd said.

"Look, I am -- was human and made plenty of mistakes in my life." She shot back, a bit of bite in her tone. "So yes, I'm rather hesitant on many issues you've been introducing and you'll have to forgive me for that."

She paused, thinking it over. Swallowing, she could feel her throat burn. There were no tears, however. She felt as if that was a good sign. Crying seemed to cause everyone trouble now.

"And please don't put me above you," She carried on. "I don't want you or anyone else thinking of me just as a god and not and anything else. And for heavens sake, tell me what to do. I couldn't even help myself half the time, not then and not now. So I'm asking you to help me. Please, just help me."

It was the most she knew what to say. The outburst shed anything from her mind and in the very least, got something out in the open. Whether he rebutted it or admired it didn't matter to her.

----[|X|]----

It had been a long while since he recalled laughing like that. With how much had happened, before and now, there hadn't been much time to indulge in lighter things. Oki found it was a good change of pace, maybe even a good omen of things to come.

The awkwardness had not faded but he felt it was better masked. She didn't seem to take notice to it. For that, he was grateful.

He snorted slightly in response. "If I'm being honest, I'm merely clumsy with people." He answered. "But it doesn't seem as if you've minded that so far."

If anything, he could be honest. As stubborn as he could be, he knew he had that quality in him. Still, his honesty had been used to hurt as well. Oki had never been particularly proud of using that against others.

He blinked, taking in her red face. He'd been surprised to gain that kind of reaction out of her. Regardless, the color looked nice on her cheeks, duller then the divine markings and rather noticeable.

"Maybe I like seeing a side of you that seems so happy." He answered, motioning toward her lightly. "You're cheeks are red."

He shot her a grin she wouldn't see. He rather liked this side. She was almost childish in a way, getting excited for something that others might find so simple. Maybe she had a right to be. Mari didn't like the cold, after all. If anything at all, that would warrant some kind of excitement out of her.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Waka hadn't expected much of an answer. In fact he'd been quite prepared for the fact that Cedar might grow quiet on him. It hadn't been the first time he'd rode on her nerves, after all. Each time she'd given him the silent treatment, either out of habit or in an attempt to get at him. Waka wasn't sure which it was just yet.

There was a pause in her tangent. Waka chose not to interrupt, instead tilting his head to one side and waiting. The look one her face was enough to tell him that Cedar had more to say. And say more she did.

After Cedar spoke Waka remained quiet for a moment more. Who knew if she had more to say and he'd rather not be talked over. It was an annoying habit some people seemed to take to nowadays. When he was quite sure that Cedar was waiting for his answer did he reply.

"My oh my, it seems our god has quite a set of high demands!" he teased, grinning at the sour look on her face. He tutted, shaking a finger as he did so. "What you may have been is long past you know, non? Denying what you are now isn't helping anyone least of all yourself or your lost amie!"

No doubt the things that he was saying were infuriating to hear. Waka wasn't about to sugarcoat it all, however. If Cedar was going to have any chance then she'd have to stop denying what she was now even if it hadn't been what she was before.

He didn't break pace as he spoke, arguing against her wishes. If she wanted to be seen as Cedar she'd have to do that herself, not by telling people to do so. Besides, she wasn't 'just' Cedar anymore, was she?

"If you want to be seen as you isn't it best to show that to people, mon amie?"

It was merely a push in the right direction. Standing back and just expecting others to view her has such didn't exactly bring about what she desired. If she wanted it she had to be proactive. Only Cedar could accomplish that, no one else.

----[x]----
Mari hummed, glancing away. There were yet more people wandering about outside. Some passed a glance their way, either drawn by Oki's laughter or by something after the fact. The ones that must have been able to see these markings of hers lingered before turning away. Mari could swear she saw one or two of them shake their heads.

A curious frown lined her lips at that. What was that for? Mari found that it bothered her more than it should have. Thankfully Oki had spoken up again, drawing her attention away from it for the time being.

There was a flippant wave given on Mari's end, not at all bothered by what he'd said. "You're worrying too much about it."

It wasn't until next he'd spoken did Mari clear her throat. She could feel that her face must be red, warm as it was. Having someone point out just how red she must have been didn't exactly help.

"I am not," she asserted, hopping that that didn't come out as uppity as it had sounded. "That mask of yours must be fucking with your eyesight."

From the corner of her eye she glanced Oki's way, a pout on her lips even if she was curious of his reaction to that. He didn't seem like the type to be all that playful. Then again he'd said it himself, these people were wolves and they were known to be playful with each other every so often.

It was weird to think about them like that, even after seeing Samickle turn into a wolf right before her eyes. Even more so after she'd learned a little bit about Yumigami. A rabbit among wolves, that just didn't seem right. As such Mari tried not to think about it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Cedar wasn't sure what she was expecting out of him. For many, any form of temper she showed was a bit of a shock and rightly so. She didn't like getting angry, loathed it in fact. Often, she called it a waste of energy. So feeling it burn as it had now was nothing short of an annoyance to her.

Regardless, it didn't take him long to counter her words, and in a matter of factly manner. She didn't care for them at all, that anger and annoyance still swimming in her chest. Still, she remained silent and listened.

She had asked him to help her. She wasn't so petty as to shove it back into his face simply because she didn't like what he had to say. That would have defeated the entire purpose.

Cedar mulled over his answers, something that only made her head throb. What was more, she got it stuck in her head to prove him wrong, be better. She could be stubborn, though, he'd not seen that side yet.

"Alright," she finally answered, a short few minutes of thinking going by. "Then that's what I'll do."

Tossing the past behind her seemed like a difficult thing. She knew that could easily come to dwell on it as well. For the moment, in the very least, she had a goal in mind. With time, she held out hope that things would simply fade and become easier.

A frown still on her lips, she sparred a glance up to him. He still smiled, as if proud or amused of what he'd gotten to say.

"Thank you." She eventually said. "For being honest. I'd rather hear the truth out of someone, even if I don't like hearing it, then have them lie to me just to make me feel better."

It seemed she could count on him for quite a few things, despite her not admitting it out loud.

----[|X|]----

From the corner of his eye, he often saw one or two approaching. He said nothing of it. Mari seemed to take notice as well, eyebrows furrowing when one shook his head.

Oki knew why that seemed to be happening. They would not approach because she'd turned some away. If it continued on like this, her reputations would spread and a lack of faith in her ability would soon follow. Whether she saw this or not remained unseen. Oki wouldn't speak up about it, for a short time.

A wave of her hand drew his attention back to her. It was a simple motion, simple words following. He snorted slightly.

"I have heard that many times." He answered. "So it seems it is very much the truth."

The conversation was quickly quashed in favor of a lighter one. Despite her denying it, her cheeks were rather red. No doubt, she could feel her face heating up.

"If that is what you believe." He answered, his tone still a tad lightly.

She'd glanced at him again, pouting as she did so. Despite feeling any awkwardness, he reached out and patted her head again.

Whatever she was feeling or whatever was on her mind was left unspoken. There would be a time and place for discussions. Just not here.

"Have you gotten anywhere in your studies?" He inquired instead. "I still have it in mind to teach you combat, if you wish it."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

They'd drawn to a stop at some point during Waka's answer. It was hard to determine what kind of a reaction he would receive, even as he studied her. Her expression told him that she didn't like what she was hearing and that was all Waka could be sure of. Nonetheless he didn't regret what he said.

He blinked at her first words. Certainly not what he'd thought she'd say. Still, she puffed out her chest, as if determined to do just that. Waka wondered just how far she'd go to do that.

"Ah, is that so?" he said.

Waka held up his hands, tipping his head to the side again as she thanked him. A moment after he was already shaking his head. He didn't do anything he hadn't before. This was all common place to say to someone in Cedar's place, or at least someone in a position of new power who was reluctant.

"You wouldn't need to if you'd just not worry, non?" he pushed a little. Waka dropped his hands to his sides then, or at least one of them. The other took to taking up Pillowtalk, spinning it around his deft fingers. "Worry can be quite the crux in itself!"

A gesture for Cedar to lead them off again and Waka had grown quiet. He didn't have much more to say on the matter, at least not until he saw any or not effort on Cedar's part. He didn't figure it would happen all in one day, however. He'd make it a note to keep an eye out over the next week or so.

----[x]----
Mari's attention soon drifted to those around them. The longer the lull between storms carried on the more people ventured out. Mari could only figure many welcomed the chance to stretch and get some work done outside. It didn't escape Mari's notice how more and more of 'em were looking her way either.

She hummed shortly to Oki's answer. At the very least she wasn't just seeing something that wasn't there. Perhaps Oki was something of a worrywart if more than one person had said as she had.

Yet again she barely spared a reply to Oki. What more was there to say about it? Besides her attention was pulled elsewhere as it was.

It took a long moment before Mari realized she was being spoken to sometime after that. How long Oki waited for an answer was a mystery to her. Momentarily she blinked at him before turning back to study those around them.

"Huh? ... Oh. I told you, you don't have to if you don't want to. I'm lazy anyways," she said, sounding distracted. It didn't help her any when she spotted someone approaching.

Mari halted in her steps, a frown taking over her expression. The woman was elderly, hunched over as she was, her hands hidden beneath longer sleeves. No doubt in older age she might have been more effected by the cold than the younger adults. Her mask was of a bear of some kind, dark brown and cream colored as it was.

"If I might just trouble you for a moment of your time, Yumigami?" the bear-masked woman asked once she was close enough.

Mari sighed, having stopped in her tracks. A hand had found its way to her hip and the other took up absently running her thumbnail over her forehead. A moment passed before she shrugged, wondering just which question she was going to be asked again. Still, this was the oldest of them all that she'd had come to her for something or other. Mari was finding it hard to turn the old lady away if only because of that.

"I guess...?" Mari finally said. Despite the uncertainty in her voice it seemed like the little old lady might be smiling behind her mask though Mari wasn't sure what made her think that.

"If I might be so bold as to ask when there might be an abundance to hunt for again?"

That had been a question Mari was afraid to hear. Again. What was she supposed to say to that? When they animals came back? Mari didn't know any migration patterns of animals in these parts as it was and with the string of storms...

Eventually she shrugged, a stumped and lost look on her face. For a long moment she said nothing, half afraid of the reaction she might get. "I... don't know?"
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Cedar blinked, a somewhat stubborn expression overtaking her features. His words made it sound as if he almost didn't believe her. maybe he was just dismissing her again. She couldn't tell.

She reached out, tugging at his sleeve again. She dismissed the flute in his hand, even as he took to twirling it. Whether or not he was bothered, it obviously didn't show.

"Do you even believe me?" She asked then.

If that was the case, then she'd really work to prove him wrong. Even if she had to push passed her comfort zone, she'd do it. It was mostly a matter of going about it but she could figure that out in time. It wasn't as if she hadn't worked with the public for a few years, after all. Even if she was awkward with her job then, she could still make it work.

Cedar wasn't sure if he brushed off her thanks or not. It wasn't important. She got what she needed to out. No sense in worrying about it now.

Still, a slight scoff left her at his words. "Yea well, that's been a crux all my life. I'm not sure how to work around that."

She never did know. She'd tried tips and tricks, trying to figure out how to keep herself from worrying. Still, nights continued to be rather sleepless, assaulted with strange dreams or nightmares. It wasn't as simple as he made it sound.

He motioned for her to lead the way again. Cedar started forward, not really knowing where to head. Her skull was throbbing now, her real thoughts having finally left her. In the very least, there was that.

----[|X|]----

Oki didn't push the conversation. She'd been studying the people who ventured out in the village. Some were still glancing at her.

He shook his head slightly. What were they thinking now. Were they even going to try to approach her at all? Given how she'd turned so many away, he had to wonder. Would they lose faith in her? And only after a few days?

It seemed she hadn't heard him, involved with her own thoughts. Oki didn't so much mind. Despite brushing off his offer, he could see that she was still worried. He didn't push, however.

"The decision is up to you." He answered after she'd finally responded to her. "Lazy or not, I'd rather you tell me if you want to invest your time."

Oki wasn't going to simply make the decision for her if she wasn't going to be into it. He'd leave it up to her. Eventually, she might take to it, if it was her decision in the matter.

He blinked, taking in the woman who approached them. Oki sparred a glance toward Mari. For the moment, she looked more annoyed than caught off guard. He frowned at that, resisting a shake of his head. Instead, he stood by and watched.

As the woman spoke up, she eventually asking about the issue with hunting. Until the snow storms blew over, he doubted things would get better. Would Mari be aware of that and answer?

Oki didn't know what to expect. A blank expression crossed her face. A shrug followed and she'd given a short answer. The woman didn't appear pleased. He could tell easily. Oki rubbed the back of his neck.

"Until the storms pass, I doubt things will become better." He answered instead. "I'm holding out hopes that it will be soon."

If anything, it would give some form of hope for the old woman to hold onto. He wasn't sure if him saying it would provide that however. He sparred a glance toward Mari, frowning. Was this how she was going about the people who were seeking her out?
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:20 am

Waka paused what he was doing, Pillowtalk stilling in his hand, as Cedar tugged at his sleeve. He wasn't sure why she picked up that habit, especially when they were already speaking. Instead he raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to speak.

He rapped the end of Pillowtalk over her forehead a few times as he answered. "That would be telling, mon trésor!"

A shake of the head followed when she spoke yet again. Cedar didn't seem too confident, even now, only determined. Perhaps that might be enough. Spurring her on might just be what she needed.

Waka started off after Cedar, easily keeping pace with her. She was so much shorter than him, if only due to his sandals. Waka wondered how tall she would be compared to him if not for those. For now he wouldn't dwell on it. It was a fleeting thought.

"What better time than now to learn?" he prodded yet again.

The day was still ahead of them. Would Cedar try today or put it off until tomorrow? It was hard to say when she stuck near him. Perhaps she might branch away later on or maybe not. Waka couldn't help but to wonder.

----[x]----
Mari didn't get to put much stock into Oki's answer. She wanted to learn but she wasn't sure if she'd even be able to put much effort into it given how stretched thin she was already growing due to everything she had to study and learn. It left little room for other things during the day as it was. Mari wasn't so sure Samickle would want to take time out of those studies to indulge in learning something else at the moment.

Anything she might have thought past that had been interrupted as the old lady had approached her. Mari didn't have to see the lady's face to know how disappointed she was in Mari's answer. Despite herself Mari felt shame bubble up in her chest, heavy and unrelenting.

"I see," the little old lady said before shambling away, sparing a thankful nod to Oki.

For a long moment Mari was quiet, seemingly rooted to the spot. She was kind of glad her hair was so long. It felt like her face had gotten hot again but that could have been just because of how useless she felt.

Eventually Mari shook her head, starting off in any direction that had the least amount of people nearby. She hated it, feeling like this. Mari was stuck up on a pedestal and the littlest mistake was enough to make her feel guilty for displeasing these people.

"Fuck it! I'm gonna go nap in a snowdrift or something," she scoffed.

Mari wasn't sure if Oki would follow or not. In a way she was sure she'd only feel worse if he did. It was baffling how just one incident could sour Mari's mood so thoroughly and solely because she was incapable of something... Something a lot of these people seemed to think should have been natural for her.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

She rubbed her forehead after he pulled that flute away. A small pout overtook her expression. Her hand fell back to her side, after she started forward. She didn't complain about it. It was a simple, playful prod.

Still, she didn't know what he thought. Maybe that was the intention. Was that a good thing or a bad one? She wasn't sure yet.

The reply was a simple one. If she recalled, she heard him say it before as well. She was finding this was just the kind of person he was. If anything, it left her curious of him.

"You're killing me here." She answered instead. It was a lighter tone then she'd taken up earlier. "But I suppose if that's what's keeping you entertained."

She rubbed her forehead, trying to get rid of the throbbing. Eventually, she picked up her pace. She mind as well get started now rather then wait. There would be time to speak with him again.

"I'll figure something out," She said, turning briefly to him. "We'll talk about it later, okay?"

Cedar wasn't all too confident but in the very least, she'd become determined. That was enough to start her forward. She'd meet up with him later on, no doubt. Now, she just had it in her to prove him, or anyone else, wrong.

----[|X|]----

Oki glanced over at Mari. There was a mix of emotions there. Even as the old woman sparred him a nod and moved away, it didn't seem as if she knew what one to grasp. He frowned at that, unsure of what to do.

He couldn't say what she was feeling. He paused, wondering what he should do or even say. After a few moments, it was clear that she was disappointed with herself, even angry.

She ducked her head, a hard frown on her lips. Sudden awkwardness overtook him again. Did he reach out to her? Was that the right thing to do?

He barely flinched when she spoke. It was a harsh tone before she started storming off on her own. Oki debated following. Would that be the right thing or the wrong one?

Oki heaved a heavy sigh, staying where he was long after she had disappeared from sight. Her scent was still lingering in the air. He followed after quietly. Along the way, he transformed, his paw steps barely making a sound.

If she needed time on her own, he would allow it. Oki would remain near, just in case he was needed. Letting her clear her head seemed the best option, for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Waka chuckled, tucking Pillowtalk away yet again. Cedar was rubbing at the offending spot as it was, a little red mark there. It didn't hurt her much, however, if at all. She'd live.

"I'm quite sure mon trésor will be quite all right!" Waka rebutted.

He blinked as Cedar overtook him. She wasted no time in telling him what was on her mind, even if it was brief. And just like that she was wandering off, presumably to do something on her own.

Waka tilted his head to one side before he called after her. "Ah, I am sure you'll have much to share!"

He watched her for a moment. She didn't seem to sense his stare or if she did Cedar didn't react to it much. Once she'd gotten several yards away Waka shook his head and started off in a new direction.

If nothing else he could see to some odds and ends about the city. Perhaps in the aristocrat's quarters if nothing else. Cedar didn't seem comfortable with leaving the commoner's half of the city just yet after all. Perhaps in time that might change.

----[x]----
Mari hadn't spared a glance Oki's way as she'd left. Whatever he choice to do wasn't of much importance to her. Her head was starting to throb as it was, the weight settling back in her chest. The sooner she got away from everyone the better.

She didn't mind the cold now, not when there was so much else on her mind. Mari tried not to think about it, instead focusing on treading through the snow. Even so thoughts drifted in and out unbidden. None of them pleasant.

There had to be a good chunk of time that passed as Mari searched for a spot off on her own. Eventually she left Wep'keer entirely, heading down the slope she'd only once come up. She wouldn't stray too far, just far enough.

Eventually she found a spot. Here she could only faintly hear those sinister whispers, wherever they were coming from. If they grew closer Mari would merely leave, find another spot. At least at this one it was wide open, snow in every direction and part of what looked like a frozen river or something nearby. There was a little pack of rabbits nearby that grew still initially when Mari neared to sit on a rather sizable rock, after which they went back to rooting about in the snow for food.

Heaving a sigh she rested her elbows on her knees and her forehead on her clasped hands. Out here she could hear several other animals, bird calls and the like, and even some wind howling off in the distance. Mari just hoped a blizzard wouldn't roll back in just yet. She needed to be away from Wep'keer for awhile.

She wasn't sure how long she sat like that, eyes closed and thinking of a song over and over again to try and avoid thinking of anything else. It didn't exactly provide desired results, the occasional thought slipping through and making Mari feel worse than before.

Eventually a little weight pushing at her leg drew her attention. Mari opened her eyes, still for a moment. Eventually she leaned over to see what it was, even if the furry feeling might have given her some idea. And there was a little rabbit, gray in color and easily able to hide in the snow if it must. Scattered around it were half-chewed herbs it had found nearby and its footprints breaking up the snow. It stared up at her, head cocked to one side as if observing her astutely. Mari stared back for a moment before she did anything further.

"What do I look like? A rabbit?" Mari scoffed quietly. Nonetheless a moment later she reached down, grabbing the rabbit by the scruff and pulling him onto her lap. For something that should have been wild it took it surprisingly well, remaining where he was placed and blinking up at her.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Cedar had only sparred a brief wave toward Waka as he called out. She was sure that there might have been a lot to say later. Even more so if everything she did ended up disastrous. She was a tad afraid to think about that.

It was a thought she tried to shake from her mind. Instead, she strode forward, glancing about every once in a while.

"So..." She muttered to herself. "How to go about this?"

Despite saying and acting as she did, she was a little nervous. If someone approached her, it was different. Her approaching someone else was always difficult.

Cedar stood pondering over it for a few minutes before she saw something out of the corner of her eye. An old man loading something or other into a cart. It looked as if he was having trouble.

She started forward, trying to smile. She waved slightly. "Do you need any help?" She offered.

It was a start, in the very least. Maybe in this way, things would become easier. Just one step at a time. That seemed a good idea.

----[|X|]----

Oki followed after quietly. For the most part, he'd stop and start, just in case she was listening. Part of him had wondered if her own beast side gave her heightened senses. If that was the case, she hadn't discovered it yet.

Eventually, she came to a stop. She was far from the village now. He grew nervous knowing that. Despite being a god, she was still obviously not in control of her powers. If a demon decided to attack her now...

It was a thought he tried to shake from his head. He was near and dealt with these demons before. He could protect her if he had to.

He settled nearby, out of her sight. Occasionally, his ears would twitch, listening intently for anything alarming. Nothing was out of the ordinary as of yet. He hoped it would remain that way.

He blinked, her voice suddenly breaking through the silence. A rabbit stood a few feet away from her. That was an unusual sight. Still, he didn't move.

Oki listened, wondering if she'd rattle on to that rabbit. Maybe in this way, he could learn a little more of her worries. It seemed a stretch, but he had nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:48 pm

It hadn't been a terribly hot day, not at all. Still, it didn't take much to overheat Takun. In his old age a lot got to him sooner than years prior. It was something he tried to live with though more times than not he had to sit back and take a breather before the job was ever finished.

Now was one such time, struggling to load up a hefty crate into the back of a cart. He'd rounded it all up and now it didn't want to get up there for him. His arms ached and protested, shaking with the weight.

Takun heaved a great sigh, stepping back once it was finally hoisted up. It sat precariously and Takun jolted forward, hands hovering near it just in case it fell. He swallowed hard, hoping that wouldn't be the case.

He blinked, turning to view whoever neared. For a moment he wasn't sure what to say. Bright white hair marred by a streak of red, the very same type that covered her exposed shoulders. His heart leaped into his throat as he bowed his head.

"O-oh! If it isn't too much trouble to ask of you," he stammered, gesturing to the remaining crates. "Though I suppose they might be heavy for even a young thing like you..."

He struggled to get his breathing back to normal, stepping away from the precariously angled crate. It still hung halfway off the cart after all... Takun certainly hoped that it would not teeter right off and spill everything inside it. Some of those things were quite breakable!

----[x]----
The rabbit's fur was coarse, not at all like the one for 4H rabbit her niece had once had. Though his nose twitched and his ears twisted this way and that seeking out any danger. He must not have sensed anything in the immediate area as he hunkered down in Mari's lap.

Even though he seemed quite content where he was Mari still wondered. Something wild like a rabbit shouldn't have come wandering right up to her as it was. The frown remained on her lips, even as she carefully pet the rabbit.

"Well, aren't you a brave little pioneer," she scoffed, shaking her head. It wasn't the best thing to do, the throbbing in her head increasing because of it.

Mari sighed, rubbing her hand over her forehead again. The lack of any readily available painkiller for headaches wasn't something Mari was so used to. She'd long since taken up the habit of having a bottle around all the time. Now she was in a time that didn't have anything like that for it.

The whole time the little rabbit continued to sniff at the air, shuffling around or hunkering down on her lap. It seemed hard for him to sit still. Mari figured that was natural enough, even if he being there was not.

"Hey, you're the one who came to me, stop being so damn fidgety," she reprimanded. Nonetheless she continued to scratch behind his ears. "Though I guess you'll be a good warning system for now, huh, Duke?"

The rabbit, or rather Duke, blinked up at her with his wide dark eyes, nose twitching. No sound came from him, not that Mari expected any to. That was probably best. Mari's patience was nonexistent as it was right now.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Cedar felt her heart thump nervously in her chest. Still, she grinned, trying to appear pleasant. It was something she'd learned to do in situations like this. She'd learned a little about dealing with people at work. These people, however, where highly expectant of her and that left her a little frazzled.

She didn't say anything when he bowed, however slight it was. Some had done that and while she felt uncomfortable about it, she tried not to let it show. No point in making anyone feel bad.

"Nonsense," She answered after he'd spoken. "I've always been a bit of a pack mule."

It was the truth. Despite what some thought, she had no problem with heavy lifting. If anything at all, that left her a bit useful in some form. At least, with this situation.

Cedar started to work, pushing the rest of the crate into the cart. It was heavy, though, she didn't mind it. When this one was finished, she'd move onto the next.

----[|X|]----

Oki settled into the snow as quietly as he could. The rabbit had stiffened for a brief moment, listening intently. It soon relaxed afterward, moving closer to Mari.

He had to admit, it was a strange sight. Oki mulled over it quietly. Perhaps it was because she was a rabbit as well, or at least her god form was. It was merely a theory, in his mind. Who really knew why this rabbit had taken interest in her.

After all, given these parts, most of the animals were wary. He couldn't recall a time when he saw a lone rabbit sniffing about. Most, along with other animals, went into hiding when the storms picked back up and demons wandered freely.

His ear twitched, listening to the sound of her voice. Other then idle chatter with the rabbit, he hadn't heard anything of great importance. If anything at all, her tone was a little less harsh. Perhaps she was afraid of scaring it off.

He resisted a snort when she called the animal by a name. It was an odd one, unfamiliar. He shook his head briefly at that.

Whatever make her happy. He decided.

It seemed that he wasn't able to do that now. He wondered if anyone could.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Takun blinked, nodding at the god's answer. If she felt she could handle it who was he to argue? Instead he stepped back for her. She took right to it, shoving the crate he'd already had up back further into place.

"If you're quite sure..."

He stumbled back, finding some place to sit. His back protested the movement, even as he found a soft spot on the grass. A relieved sigh gusted out from him.

"I do hope that you won't mind if this old man catches his breath," he said carefully. "I'm not as strong as I used to be..."

Takun watched as she got to work ready to pack up the rest of the crates for him. There were a fair few left, ones that needed to head off to various shops for selling. At least, Takun hoped they'd be able to sell well. This was his source of income, after all...

"Are you sure that you can handle all of that, miss...?" He was quite certain of those markings but which god was she even? Takun certainly hoped that he was not annoying her any.

----[x]----
It hadn't been a hard task to grab Duke by the scruff awhile ago and set him on her lap. He'd looked displeased at the treatment but otherwise hadn't darted off and away from her. Mari wondered why. He shouldn't have even wandered close to her to begin with, he wasn't tamed.

And yet here Duke was, sitting in her lap and sniffing around at the air. If he was hoping she had a snack or two for him he was sadly mistaken. Mari didn't even have anything for herself to eat, despite her stomach demanding something. Among other things she tried to ignore it.

Mari gusted out a sigh, staring down at Duke. 'Now what?' Ordinarily she would have wandered off with her music player. Considering that was gone to her as well she had nothing to preoccupy herself with yet again. At least, nothing she she knew worked well as a distraction.

"Well," she relented, "at least you don't ask dumbass questions I don't have answers to."

Another sigh escaped her as she pushed her hair out of her face. It didn't do her much good. Her bangs fell right back into place anyways. On her lap Duke remained, seemingly content where he was, glancing about and sniffing even still.

She reached out, scratching at Duke's back. He stilled for a brief moment, caught by surprise. It lasted only a second before he was back to his previous activity. Mari wondered how long he'd remain on her lap like that.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:36 am

Cedar didn't mind the work. It gave her something to do. If it helped with all of this god business as well, it was best to be proactive. In time, maybe this would just become a normal part of her life. It was an optimistic thought and she hoped it would be true.

"Don't worry about it." She answered, moving away from the cart. "It's alright. I was always taught to help people."

She grabbed the next crate. It was a little heavy but not too large. Whatever this man was selling was obviously meant to be handled with care. She made note to be careful with the crates.

Cedar carefully moved back to the cart, pushing the crate inside. It was a simple matter and there was plenty or room. It was obvious that he'd carted these things before.

"Hmmm?" She started, glancing back at the old man. "Oh no, I'm alright."

He seemed to take to studying her, maybe trying to figure out what 'god' she was. Cedar tried not to let it bother her. It was something she had to get used to, much like many other things.

"What's your name, mister?" She asked instead, moving to another crate. "I'm Cedar."

----[|X|]----

Oki kept an eye out on the area. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Out here, anything could happen. Demons didn't stop what they did just because she wanted a moment to herself. He held out hope that her being a god wouldn't attract them.

He glanced at her again. The rabbit had settled in her lap and remained there. He noted to try and look into this. If rabbits were attracted to her, he'd have to make sure no one went about killing them.

His listened as she spoke, a soft sound leaving him. Was it that she didn't want to do it or too afraid to? He couldn't be sure. Mari seemed content to keep that information to herself.

Oki glanced at her, wondering if the sound had alerted her to him. It didn't seem as such, though the rabbit was looking about again. He was careful to keep silent again.

He turned his attention out on the snowy land again. A cold breeze passed by, another warning of a storm. Oki resisted a sigh at that. At this rate, they would have to head back soon, before the storm hit.

For the moment, he allowed her time to herself. He hoped that it would be enough.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Takun wasn't quite sure what to say to the god. It wasn't every day that someone divine came to do manual labor! Heck, it wasn't every day that a god came down to anyone. Surely she must have had more important business to attend to!

Still, that thought left him feeling light. Takun did his best to draw his shoulders back, well aware of his hunched back after years of this sort of work. He certainly hoped his comely appearance didn't offend her.

"If you are quite sure, m'lady," Takun said simply, rubbing the back of his neck.

He started when asked for his name. Was it really important to her to know? "O-Oh! Folks simply call me 'Takun' anymore, s'pose it's as good as any."

For a long moment Takun found he wasn't quite sure what to say about her name. Cedar? It seemed so simple and strange! Was it an alias of sorts? Perhaps the gods were wandering about and trying something new to interact with the people they ruled over. It was the best guess Takun could come to.

"Cedar? Surely that cannot be..." He shook his head, waving a hand as if to dismiss his thought. "Ah. N-Never mind an old man's ramblings! Cedar it is then..."

If it was what she preferred who was he to argue against her? Perhaps she did not wish for everyone to know just yet.

----[x]----
Mari tugged her coat further around her. It had been such a pain in to make but well worth it. At least now she was better protected against the cold with it, the fur inside doing a good job in keeping her warmth trapped. With the breeze picking up it could only mean another storm was rolling in.

'Great,' she griped to herself, shaking her head. The last thing she needed was to be forced back indoors, probably with Samickle again.

She froze then, listening intently. There on the wind she could have sworn she'd heard something... Duke had frozen in her lap as well. Mari swallowed, hunkering down a little over Duke, as if to better protect the little rabbit, glancing around for whatever might be around.

Now that she was conscious of it again that malicious sounding voice of sorts was closer. She shifted again, crouching behind the boulder she'd taken up as a seat. She was glad, for the first time, that her hair was now white and that she'd chosen light colors for her coat; at least now she could hide easily in the snow. Whatever was making that nose made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end and she'd rather not confront it.

Eventually she spotted something in the distance. It wasn't anything she was sure of, it certainly wasn't a person or an animal... Still, it was clearly moving, a dark shape against the snow. Mari's heart sped up at the sight of it, beating loudly in her ears.

At least peeking out from behind the boulder provided her some shelter. If it spotted her what would it do? The closer it came the louder that sinister sound grew louder, a distressing sound in and of itself that sent Mari's skin crawling. Duke himself was beginning to thrash in her arms, attempting to get away.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Cedar rather liked to think that she was making progress. Things at home would have tired her out a little faster, especially after the argument with Waka. With her spirits back up a little, she had to wonder if that made any difference.

She sparred a smile toward the old man. She wasn't one to really care for this treatment but she was finding something different from this one.

She'd expected people to be imposing or forceful because of her status. Instead, she'd met someone who seemed more honored and humbled that she'd even pay him mind.

If that was the case, would others be the same? Was this what Waka had meant? She resisted a snort, not so willing to admit that he might be right.

"Takun, then." She answered lightly. "What do you do? What are you selling, I mean?"

It seemed that was his line of work, despite his age. Just how long did people work in this age? How long did they live? It was rather unclear to her.

As she loaded another crate, she blinked at his confusion. A frown lined her lips momentarily. People wouldn't understand her real name, would they. The name, the gods name, that Waka had called her by slipped her mind momentarily.

"Ah, oh...I suppose my name is...Nuregami, if that clears things up." She added. "But I've been called Cedar all my life."

She still wasn't sure of the 'other name'. If that kept people from being confused, she would try to use it, however.

----[|X|]----

He lifted his head, sniffing at the air. The scent of a storm was on it. There was something more as well. Something trying to remain hidden among the area.

He caught movement from the corner of his eye. Mari was up, cradling the rabbit in her arms. Alarm shot across her features. She quickly hunkered down behind a boulder, glancing this way and that. The rabbit looked as if it was ready to bolt as well.

They were telling signs. His ears pricked forward, catching the sounds of shuffling. A soft growl escaped his throat. No sooner did the sound escape was he on his feet, fur standing on end.

A demon was moving closer to the area. Whether it was an aimless thing or sensed Mari wasn't his concern.

With little hesitation, he short froward. A growl ripped past his throat as he launched himself at the devil. Teeth sunk into flesh. A startled and pained filled sound left the demon. It easily reached up, tearing Oki from his body and tossing him through the air.

He hit the ground with a thud, easily getting back to his feet. A quick shake followed, though he did not deter.

"Mari!" He called out. "Run back to the village! I will take care of this!"

Without control over her powers or no weapon, she would be in danger here. He would buy her time to leave. For the moment, it was the only thing he could do.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Takun had glanced up just in time to see Cedar smile at him. He spared one back, beaming, really. In all his years he'd never thought he'd be helped by a god! The thought was humbling, making him feel a little bad that he was still huffing and puffing as it were.

He swiped at his brow, glad that he was finally getting his breath back bit by bit. Perhaps he could help with the last crate or so if he could. Until then, however, pushing it would do Takun no favors.

"Oh they're just some statues I've made in my time," he answered, "Mostly they stack on up until I can get them to the shops."

Surprise flitted over his face as Cedar spoke up. So he was in the presence of Nuregami? He bowed his head slightly again, peeking up at her curiously. She was still at work, loading up the crates for him. What had he done to deserve this help? Takun couldn't help but to wonder.

"It is my pleasure to meet you," he said.

----[x]----
Time seemed to slow as she hunkered down behind the boulder. It didn't seem like the thing - and really what more was it than that? A thing - knew quite what it was up to as it was. It merely drifted listlessly through the snow, something unreal and that brought unease to Mari and the rabbit in her arms.

Before she knew it Mari was holding her breath, as if that would somehow make the thing disappear or leave faster. Instead it shambled on, carrying about its business. Mari's heart beat louder in her ears, tense and unsure of what to do. If she darted away would it grow hostile? And those sounds! They promised all manner of things and none of them good!

She didn't get anymore time to decide after that. A dark blur shot by, snarling reaching her ears. Mari ducked, more out of surprise than anything else though she was tense, even as she heard the pain-filled yowl that filled the air. A loud thud soon sounded out, drawing Mari's attention.

The shape, a wolf with a very familiar mask atop his head, was on his feet, lips pulled back and snarling viciously at the creature. She blinked, brow furrowing. She could have sworn she'd heard her name an what sounded like and order. The words were muddled, incoherent, however. Could it have come from Oki...?

"What...?"

Mari didn't get to ask much more than that as the creature howled. She spared only a glance its way before she darted out of its way. The thing seemed quite enraged as it was, what looked to be dark blood dripping down where Oki had sank his teeth into it. In her arms Duke was still though she could swear she could feel the poor thing's heart beating hard against his sides.

Last edited by Mad Hatter's Passion on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 am

A little at a time, Takun seemed to catch his breath. Cedar didn't mind. He was an old man and age put a burden on many things. It was a shame to see no one else willing to help out.

Pushing another crate into the cart, she glanced at it. It was becoming fuller now. One more would get him on his way. She stepped back then, listening as he spoke. At a time, she had wanted to be a potter as well. It seemed in this time, it was something to make more of a living out of then her own time.

"You must have a lot," she answered. "To have this many. I delved into as a hobby a little once. Though, mostly I had a teacher help me."

It was a tad awkward to explain. Did gods even have teachers? She found she didn't really care. A teacher, or in her case, a guide was what she needed. Waka was the closest thing that came to that now.

Moving to the last crate, she smiled again when he bowed his head slightly. He was outright beaming at her. In a way, it was a little infectious.

"Pleasure's all mine," she answered. "You're probably the first I've spoken to aside from a few kids and Waka. I need to...get to know the people, I suppose."

----[|X|]----
Oki moved carefully around the demon. He snapped and growled at the thing, making it move back. It was readying itself for battle as it was. Giving it anymore of a chance would be disastrous.

He glanced back at Mari. She was still there, looking as if she didn't know what to do. An irritated growl escaped him.

"Mari!" He shouted. "Move! Now!"

His attention quickly turned back to the devil. It roared lowly, rearing back some weapon. Oki jumped back, easily landing on his feet. Snow flew up into the air, momentarily blinding his vision.

Darting forward, he leapt into the air again. His teeth sunk into the demons arm. The devil countered, swinging his arm into the snow. The blow was cushioned but momentary pain flared through him.

His heart leapt into his throat as he scrambled to his feet. Already, the demon was raising it's warm, ready to strike again. Mari had yet to move. Oki remained rooted in the spot, trying to buy time for the god to slip away unnoticed.

Last edited by Little Bird on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:45 am

Takun heaved a heavy sigh, pushing himself up onto his feet again. His back protested mightily though he tried not to let it bother him. Instead he stooped down to lift up the last of the crates, carefully shuffling towards the cart with it. Already his arms were shaking and the faster he got it up and onto the thing the better off he'd be.

He shot a curious look at the god at the mention of a teacher. Surely it should have been the other way around. It was the gods who gave people the gifts they had, after all. Takun shook his head, settling the crate onto the edge of the cart and shoving it back against the others.

If even Nuregami had had a teacher for something did that mean that there were those higher up than even the gods? The thought was a little troubling. Perhaps even those would want faith in them and if no one knew about them... Takun shook his head, trying not to think of such troubling thoughts.

"I see," he murmured as she spoke more. So she'd been hanging about that trouble-making captain of the Tao Warriors. At the very least she didn't seem to be one to cause trouble, too. "Forgive me for pushing but I must wonder why. Many would give anything for just a brief word with a god, m'lady."

----[x]----
There it was again, amid the snarling at the creature! The words weren't any clearer only the feeling conveyed behind it was clear to Mari and even that was hard to describe how she knew. There wasn't time to ponder about it now anyways, the thing looked ready to fight Oki as it was.

She'd darted away, out of the middle of it, though Mari wasn't sure if she should go further or try to interfere. How dangerous was that thing anyways? Mari wrestled with the idea that she might just end up getting in the way.

Oki had shot off again, biting at the creature. Mari couldn't just run away, it didn't sit right with her, especially with the painful sounding thud that resounded as the cretin through Oki off. It seemed he bounced back up onto his feet quickly enough but still...

Mari wasn't sure when she'd done it. Maybe she'd started when Oki had been tossed off the cretin or maybe it was before that. At some point she'd set Duke down, muttering for him to keep hidden and had scooped up snow in her hands. By the time the cold had begun to settle in her fingers she'd already tossed the snowball, nailing the thing in what could only be in its face, seemingly stunning it for a brief moment, its arm still poised in the air to strike.

For a moment it seemed like it all froze. Before she did anything else, Mari ripped off her coat, holding it out before her and ready to use it to deflect any attack the thing might charge her with. If nothing else she could aim to tangle it up in lieu of any actual weapon she had. She had a bit of scattered martial arts training. Surely that might help, even if it was just to run as a distraction...
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Cedar stood off as Takun finally rose to his feet. It seemed he wanted to take care of the last crate. Still, Cedar remained close by, just in case. She'd always been paranoid of not being able to help someone elder back to their feet. 

She helped shove the last crate back. Any curious look he shot her was ignored. Cedar couldn't exactly explain why she had teachers or where she was from to these people. If anything, she would keep that information tucked away for a while. It didn't look as if it was a comforting piece. 

Cedar stepped back, wiping away anything that might have gotten on her clothes. In the very least, they held rather well. They were warm. She was finding that she wasn't bothered by this fact. Normally, she would have been.

She blinked, lifting her head when Takun spoke again. The old man suggested something Waka had not long ago. She offered a smile in return.

"I'm finding that that's a truth." She answered. A short shrug followed. "I'm merely apprehensive. I don't want to disappoint anyone. And I know I'd push passed my comforts or ability just to make sure that doesn't happen. I suppose expectations are high and I'm not exactly I can meet them."

In the very least, those had been her main worries. There was a lot riding on what she was now.

----[|X|]----
Oki blinked when something struck the demon. His gaze drifted to Mari not a moment after. Already, she had ripped off her coat, preparing to use it in some fashion or another. His heart skipped a beat at that. 

The demon turned to her, slowly starting forward. Oki growled and snapped at it, trying to direct it's attention back onto him. He found that it had minimal interest. 

"Mari! Run!" He shouted again.

Still, the god girl seemed to not listen. Instead, she stood prepared against the demon as it raised it's arm to swing at her. Oki darted forward then, skitting to a halt in front of her. He could at least take the hit instead. 

He snarled, trying to intimidate the devil. The action went ignored. It swung, force that would no doubt injure him severally. Oki braced himself for the blow.

As the demon swung down, he held his breath. Not a moment later, the attack was stopped. Eyes wide, he stared awestruck for a brief moment. Whatever had stopped the attack shattered in an instant, causing the demon to fall back. 

Oki glanced back at Mari. A look of shock was plastered on her features as well. If she had saved them, she wasn't aware of it. Maybe this was a godly power. He had no idea. He could only consider themselves lucky. 

With the demon stunned, he quickly turned back into a human. He grabbed Mari's forearm.

"Get your rabbit and come!" He ordered. "It is not safe here!"

One might have been easily put down. Others however, would be attracted. Oki couldn't defend her this way. No, it was best to flee. These demons could be taken care of later.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:59 pm

It was quite a load off of Takun once everything was loaded up. He certainly wouldn't go about missing a few days again, not after this. He wouldn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, after all. It was enough that Nuregami in human form had helped him out once!

Takun turned to her, sparing another smile and a nod of the head. Out of habit he clasped his hands behind his back as he did so, wondering what she might get off to now. She surely had more important things to fuss about with than to help him, after all!

"I'm quite sure you'll do fine if you keep at it. You gods usually do, after all!" There was a brief pause as he glanced up at the sky. "Really, I must thank you again. I'd have been here longer if not for your kindness!"

He shuffled towards the front of the cart, ready to check that everything was in place. He'd go to fetch a horse shortly after. There was no way that Takun could pull it all on his own anymore.

"I think that I can handle it from here, however. I'm sure you'll be off then, hmm?" he said lightly.

----[x]----
Despite her attempt to help it seemed Oki had other plans in mind, if the way he tried to gather the thing's attention back to him. It did little good, however, as it stalked towards Mari. It wasn't that big, at least not in height, but how much damage could it really dish out? Even with that thought in mind Mari couldn't bring herself to dart off for safety.

Mari blinked, startled as Oki slid in front of her, blocking off the thing's path. His hackles were raised and a vicious snarl still escaped him, no doubt in a bit to try and get it to back down. No such luck.

Her throat tightened and her heart skipped a beat as the thing lunged forward, ready to slice into Oki. "Move!" was the only thing Mari was able to shout in that short moment. Oki had cringed briefly, prepared to be hit and yet nothing happened, not to him, at least.

Something had shimmered in the air, colorless but there, at about the same time Mari felt something seem to shift in her, not exactly anything tangible in her but something that she could feel regardless. It had only taken the thing swiping at it once to shatter it, the shards disappearing quickly though they refracted the light for a brief moment. Whatever it had been had been brief, knocking the thing that had attacked back and looking as if it had grown dazed because of it.

Baffled, Mari could do nothing for a long moment but stare and wonder what had just happened. Even Oki had grown still, perhaps just as stunned as she was. It wasn't a moment later did he shift before her eyes from wolf to man again, reaching out for her and tugging her away from the dazed creature.

"Y-Yeah, no shit!" she scoffed though she sounded more breathless than anything. Nevertheless she took the time to scoop up Duke, cradling the little animal in the folds of her coat. He was trembling though otherwise didn't try to dart away. Mari would have wondered why again if not for the fact that the thing that had attacked was still nearby.

Mari hadn't noticed it before but the wind had picked up during the scuffle. It whipped snow up in great clouds, blinding in some places and creating interesting patterns in the air for a few seconds in others. She hoped they'd be able to get inside quickly, even if it ended up being at Samickle's or something.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Cedar stood back after all was said and done. It seemed Tekun could finish up as he saw fit. She would let him hop to it. If he needed more help, she hoped he would ask. If not, she would get on her way soon.

Regardless of her worries or fears, he responded positively. A grin overtook her features, maybe feeling a little more confident about it. A nagging feeling in the back of her head told her that there would be others not so kind. It was a pessimistic side she was trying to learn to ignore.

"Well, if you've that kind of confidence in me, I'll believe it to be true." She answered. She hoped others would be just as well. "It's not a problem. If you ever need any other help, you can always look for me."

Cedar felt it was only right. Whatever spurred her on to offer, whether it be momentary confidence or general kindness, she didn't know. Regardless, it seemed to be the best thing for the both of them.

Stepping back, she gave a small nod. "If you're sure." She said. "I suppose I should be on my way."

Where to, she wasn't sure. Still, she gave a small wave before starting off herself. She hoped in her momentary wanderings, others might gain a little confidence to see her.

----[|X|]----

Oki found himself glad when she didn't argue with him. This place was dangerous now more so then ever. For the moment, he was responsibly for her safety and he wouldn't hear the end of it if she was so much as hurt.

As she scooped up the rabbit and started off, he waited. He approached the demon, drawing his sword. Bringing it down on the beast, he ended it's life quickly. A shake of his head followed as he withdrew his weapon.

Just what had Mari done? Was she even aware that she had done it?

It was a thought he had to put away for a while. With another storm brewing and demons bound to come closer to this area, they had to move. Sheathing his sword, he started toward Mari. She'd already started forward herself.

"You aren't hurt?" He inquired after a brief moment of silence. Even if the demon hadn't made a hit, did the odd power hurt or exhaust her in any way?

"The storm will be picking up soon." He mentioned after. "We better hurry."

With that said, he picked up his pace, glancing back at Mari. He wasn't sure what had happened but silently, he was thankful for it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Takun waved her off but not without a smile. There was no need to appear rude to her after all. At least he didn't want it to come across that way. Takun merely did not wish to take up any more of her time. She must be quite the busy one, after all!

"Oh, I can't possibly bother you about my little worries! Why don't you be on your way, hmm? I'm sure others need your help more than little old me now," Takun said amicably.

He made sure to wave her off, quite thankful for her to have spared some time to help. It was a nice thing to see and it kind of helped to remind him that the gods still cared. Takun kept that last thought to himself. He was a little ashamed to know he'd long since stopped really putting much faith into them as he grew up.

It was a simple task to make sure it all fit nicely into the cart after and to start on the rest of his day.

----[x]----
Mari hadn't gotten far before she'd stopped and waited for Oki. Turning to see what he was up to she'd caught the tail end of what he'd done, sheathing his sword as he was. What baffled her most was what became of the creature crumpled to the ground before him. The corpse did not linger to freeze as it should but instead it seemed to blossom, however briefly, into a smattering of brightly colored flowers before they'd wilted just as quickly.

Her brow furrowed at this. Why would that be something that would happen and why? Things happened for a reason, nothing evolved and grew to do something nonsensical! What was the point to bursting into flowers upon something's death?

Mari's thoughts shattered as Oki spoke up, approaching her. Even over the growing wind the crunching of footsteps in the snow was easy to hear. She blinked up at him before she shook her head. She felt tired but that was a given, she was always tired and it was something that she'd learned to otherwise ignore most days.

"Not that I know of," she answered simply.

Oki was quick to start ahead, leading the way back to Wep'keer. Whatever answers he might have for her were left quiet or perhaps he did not see a need to elaborate on what had happened. Mari glanced back at the newly wilted patch of flowers before turning to hurry after Oki. At the very least Duke seemed to have calmed now that the body was gone.

"You're hard to hear, you know," Mari said after a moment. She paused then, letting what she said sink in. It wasn't until he glanced back over at her did she bother to elaborate. "As a wolf. You're hard to hear." 'I shouldn't even have understood you anyways.'
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 am

Cedar watched briefly as he started to move away. In the very least, she found herself a little at ease knowing that this man was more or less humbled by her help. There might have been others that might not react in such a way. Still, she hoped the majority would be the same.

After giving a slight wave in response, she started off again. She kept an eye out, though, didn't know too much of where to head. The city was still much of a mystery to her, much less the other quarters. She tried to keep in mind she'd have to head that way as well...

She glanced about on and off, watching kids run on by. There were others as well, merchants, people who she only assumed studied swords play, carrying a weapon at their sides. There were women as well, dressed up rather nicely, doing work here and there.

The more she looked, the more she saw diversity in so many. They all seemed more or less happy, though, she couldn't be sure. Waka hadn't told her of any 'hard times', aside from the other gods possibly being in the same situation as she was. Would that cause problems? Like day turning to night so quickly a few days ago?

She tipped her head to the side slightly, wondering about all of that. She didn't even ask about what the other gods did. That was another thing she figured she'd have to study.

Blinking, she caught sight of a dog not to far. A grin tugged at her lips as she moved toward it. Holding out her hand, she allowed the dog to sniff it. Only when she was sure that it wouldn't run off did she start petting it. Dogs were one thing she missed keeping around. Perhaps those that roamed around the city would make due.

----[|X|]----

He caught the look on her face as she studied where the demon had been. Oki said nothing about it. It seemed her memories were even further from her then he would have originally thought. It was a disturbing one at that but one he tried not the focus on.

Eventually, she answered his question. He gave a simple nod in response. That was a bit of a relief in this mess.

He'd started forward then, setting their path back to the village. The wind was coming in harsher gusts now. Snow flurries started to fall. Oki was rather glad they weren't far from the village.

He blinked, confusion settling on him when next she spoke. She couldn't understand him? That was odd. Most would have been able too, even as a wolf.

"That's an unsettling bit of information." He answered. "Most, even normal humans, can understand us in our wolf forms...Why you can't is a mystery."

Oki mulled over it for a moment. If she couldn't understand him, he'd have to take care to avoid that form around her. Unable to respond to any order given would put her in danger. She was vulnerable already, after all. He didn't want to be the cause of any accident.

"I wonder if it is because you are technically a rabbit." He brought up. "We are different beasts."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next