AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}

Go down 
+2
Wandering Leo
MadHattersPassion
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Empty
PostSubject: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:23 am

Pistol in hand Larissa picked her way carefully over the terrain, mindful of any skags or bullymongs in the area. Hell, even a wayward rakk could ruin a girl's day if they caught her off guard! Larissa would rather avoid having her shield break because of a surprise attack by the wild animals around here. They usually kept to their dens and nests, however, and so long as she was mindful of those she'd be fine for the time being. At the very least she could probably get to a Catch-a-Ride though whether Scooter had them up and running in these parts again or not was anyone's guess. Something about bandits and hacking or something, Larissa hadn't been listening at the time.

It wouldn't be long now until she got to that ship and could travel across to the glacier. There they'd heard of Vault Hunters who'd survived Jack's trap, Larissa hoped this wasn't some goose chase. She didn't want to waste her time if that was the case. With any luck they might have been coming this way anyhow and she'd be able to meet them halfway.

The time passed for her in that manner, leaving her to her thoughts. At one point she'd had to fight off a group of bullymongs, smacked by one throwing around a bunch of icy boulders. Her shield had taken the brunt of the hit but had left her a little dazed regardless.

'Might as well take a break,' she reasoned , rolling her shoulders. The world was still rocking under her feet a little bit from that hit.

It didn't take long to find a spot to sit, even if the snow was cold. At least now she could let her senses come back to her before heading back out. She might have liked a good fight but she wasn't about to go at it when things were swaying, she wasn't that reckless. Besides her shield had to recharge. It wouldn't take long but a minute or so could make all the difference between getting injured by a skag pup or taking out the trash quite easily.

[[OOC: I figure since Oki hasn't used Salvador yet I'll take his part for Canned leaving her to do Zer0 for Oki and Oki to take up Axton - assuming everyone's fine with that plan of course.]]
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm

In the haze of sun stroked snow and wind, blurry figures could just barely be seen on the water, coming in from the coast of the Southern Shelf. To the untrained eye they could be mistaken for a number of things; psychos, nomads, the petty marauders of Captain Flynt. The latter only if they hadn't already taken care of the dear old Captain and his ragtag crew.

In reality they were dead-men walking, it was nothing short of a miracle that they were alive. The small group of stragglers were rewarded for their survival by a welcome party of bullets and bloodshed. To take on so much action after being derailed and thrown every which way in an unfamiliar tundra was quiet a challenge for the survivors. A challenge one in particular had craved and eagerly welcomed with open arms and a sharpened blade, the mysterious assassin Zer0.

'Well, these last few days. Have been hell on the body. And the worn spirit. ' Zer0 reflected, absently.

Especially since not everyone made it out of that inferno of steel and deceit alive to make it to this point. Few come back up from the rubble, it is unknown whether the others still lay where they were thrown. Not a very honorable way to go. If memory served there were at least six eager Vault Hunters before the Hyperion bots attacked and the damn train exploded, only three would further wander the tundra wastes now.

Well, actually, four if you count that obnoxious little loud mouth Claptrap.

In the fourteen hours since their victory against Captain Flynt, and those insufferable brothers Boom and Bewm , the damn bot hadn't stopped chattering about the most ridiculous things. Party this, minion that, Zer0 couldn't believe no ones tried to throw Claptrap overboard yet. He hadn't encouraged him with threats like the others, Zer0 choose to suffer in silence and watch as the shore line of Three Horns Divide grew closer and closer.

{X}

Banshee chewed her bottom lip as she moved at a slow, steady pace through Three Horns Valley. She held her favored SMG at the ready, ever watchful for any rogue skag or bullymongs. She made a mad dash down the worn road and headed for the 'safety' of the Happy Pig Motel. Long since abandoned do to a mass genocide of all it's previous residencies, it now served as her home away from home. It was well stocked with vending machines, a bounty board, Catch-A-Ride and a Fast Travel station, all of these were crucial to her business, of course.

The Faded Blue cast-iron pig greeted her as she holstered her gun and sauntered through the main gate of the Happy Pig Motel. She had been eager to see if any new bounties or missions had been placed since her departure. She set into her hip outside the Happy Pig Motel's Bounty Board, sure enough some new jobs were available, her narrowed eyes scanned for anything else of interest.

And boy, oh boy, did something big catch her eye. Vault Hunters who appeared to have survived Jack's devious trap were apparently wandering about the harsh Pandora tundra and in need of some aid.

"So Jack can't kill 'em all, eh?" Banshee mused as she accepted the mission, "Knew something like this would come back to haunt him."

Contrary to her personal views, the beauty of Pandora wasn't in the mythical Vault anymore. It wasn't even in the jewel like Eridium that dotted the planet like cancerous stars. Those were just enticing reminders of the untold riches that lingered beneath the surface. Said riches had the tendencies to work like siren songs, more so now than ever before, attracting countless Vault Hunters to their untimely ends. That was the new beauty of Pandora, the manipulation of it all. She didn't want Pandora to be known as the end of the line to off worlders just because some skagfaced, pretty boy was trying to 'clean up' Pandora ! That thought alone put a sour taste in Banshee's mouth

{{OOC: Sounds good! Sorry about the wait, this reply took a bit longer than I thought, couldn't think of how to introduce Zer0 and the rest of the gang}}
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Gypsy heaved a hefty sigh. She leaned back in her chair and stretched. A groan followed as her stiff limbs complained. She'd sat there for hours, sipping tea, trying to get around this latest wall Handsome Jack had put up.

He always did this. Just about to make a break through and some hidden security measure either fried her equipment or kicked her all the way back. It was infuriating.

Shaking her head, she tried to ignore a dull throb forming in her head. It would get worse or fade with time. Gypsy had long learned to live with it. She rubbed her forehead, closing her eyes for a brief moment. It wasn't long before she was staring at the screen again.

With little thought on the matter, she went back to work. It would take time to break this latest code, try and get through. Time was something the resistance didn't have to spare.

If something didn't come up soon, everything they were fighting for would be for not. She swallowed hard, the thought shoved away for not. There was a time to worry about that later. For now, she had to concentrate.

----[x]----

He wasn't sure how he survived. Axton chalked it up as incredible luck. Lady luck could be a cruel mistress but at times, she was on his side. Axton never questioned the times that she was.

The day that came since waking was a mess. A little robot, this 'Claptrap', had been running them in circles most of that day. After the encounter with Flint, they'd finally gotten a move on. Axton was normally a light hearted one. Even his patience was tested now.

Claptrap's ship moved at a slow pace. It was even slower hearing the robot prattle on about one thing or the other. Most of it was absent minded. It seemed that his inability to keep his odd thoughts to himself might have gotten him thrown out here in the first place. That was Axton's best guess, however.

He strained his eyes, watching as they approached more icy terrain. A sigh of relief left him. At least they'd be getting off the boat soon. Whatever threat came next was a mystery. At this point, he was expecting it.

Zer0 had mostly been quiet throughout the trip. Axton didn't ask why or bother him. The assassin could take to such things. For the moment, he left it be. They had stumbled into bigger things than the Vault now. Perhaps it was best.

[OOC: That all sounds fine to me. I am completely alright with it~. Sorry for the shitty start. Headache plus not knowing what to do for my character tripped me up.]
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} 509

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 3:24 am

The yammering was loud and grating and yet the robot never seemed to shut up. Salvador wasn't sure how long they'd listened to the thing talking like he was though Salvador had sure made his thoughts on the matter known. Still, it didn't shut up. Go figure.

Eventually he'd sat himself far enough away that he liked to think he could ignore Claptrap. Still, every so often Salvador cringed at somethin' Claptrap said. The voice was grating, in any case, and he didn't need to know about what was bein' talked about. That voice was enough to get on anyone's nerves, even the deaf!

Now it was quiet, actually it was too damn quiet but if Salvador opened his mouth he new that Claptrap-bot was just gonna latch onto him for talkin' to again. So he'd endured the quiet with only the ocean to listen to for an hour or so until they reached the shore. Salvador eagerly jumped to his feet, gun in hand, even before Claptrap had even finished shoutin'.

"Fuckin' finally!" he had boomed, trigger finger itchy. "Another minute on this boat and I woulda lost it!"

Finally they had been off, attempting to seek out this Sanctuary place. Thankfully Claptrap had disappeared at some point or another after that boat landing. He wasn't sure what had happened from there, one minute he'd been with the others and the next a couple a packs 'a bullymongs were after 'em all and Salvador had let loose! Next thing he knew he was on his own.

Salvador wasn't sure how far he'd wandered but eventually it had gotten warmer, the snow melting away to give way to some hardy grass and hard dirt rock beneath his feet. He kept on wanderin', even when he heard some guy named Roland or something ECHOing him. He'd find his way there when he felt like it. Probably when there wasn't anything else to kill around here.

"Talk about hell frozen over!" he scoffed to himself, rolling his shoulders. Up ahead he could see some old abandoned building anyways. He'd search around there and see if there wasn't something he could eat. It wouldn't be until he got closer would he spot someone else, a young woman in some kinda one piece looking for all the world like she had somethin' on her mind.

----[x]----
There wasn't much to distract herself with honestly. Other than that hit from the bullymong earlier once Larissa was back on her feet without feeling like the world was pitching out from under her she made short work of anything else that came her way. Skags, rakks, and bullymongs, they all went down with minimal effort. It was almost depressing, actually.

The snow crunched under her feet, her runner long gone for the moment. Scooter wouldn't be happy about that, that was for sure. Larissa didn't worry about it too much though. The kid was mostly harmless for all it was worth.

She honestly wasn't sure where she was heading. If those bulletins she'd been hearing about over the ECHOs from the others were true then there were new Vault Hunters, alive from Jack's attempt at murdering them. She couldn't begin to say where they were now as no one seemed to have spoken with them yet. If they had no one had ECHOed it in yet.

'No use sitting around Sanctuary and waiting,' she thought. It was the same one that had gotten her up and moving. Besides, if she ran into these new Vault Hunters first she could safely get them to Sanctuary, even if safely would be a little boring. No sense in risking their lives without knowing what they were capable of at any rate.

Still, in the distance there was something moving, a person. It wasn't that of the crouched, manically pacing psychos or the lazy meandering of bandits on a loose patrol around their chosen territory. The gait was quicker, more purposeful. Other than that Larissa couldn't make too much more out about the man in the distance.

Rifle in hand Larissa strode forward, finger hovering over the trigger just in case. Even the saner-looking ones weren't always a guarantee. Tannis was a reminder of that.

The closer she got the more she could make out of him. He didn't look hostile though he looked a little bored and a little lost. Perhaps this was one of the newbies she was looking for... He certainly didn't look like he knew the place.

"Lost, handsome?" she called out, coming to a halt a few yards away. A safe distance in case he did try anything. She was a quick shot.

[[OOC: Quite all right, Oki! And I hope I got Salvador all right, I need to get in the swing of him and he's so different from what I usually play! Haha]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:10 am

Zer0 had jolted to his feet immediately as the boat hit port, eager to finally get on with the quest at hand. According to Claptrap that quest was getting to Sanctuary, home of the resistance and various people to assist the weary Vault Hunters.

"It is about time, Enough with this waiting game, I long to explore." He had stated it plainly, not bothering to wait for a response from the others.

Getting to Sanctuary should be easy enough, especially with a group such as this. However, in all the excitement of ditching that rusted old boat and escaping the purgatory of Claptrap's mind-numbing ramblings, no one really bothered to notice where they had landed.

Although, Zer0 had to admit, he hadn't scanned the area as thoroughly as he normally did. He'd completely missed the nest and was just as off guard as the rest. The horde of bullymongs had taken them all by surprise, each giving the same fight or flight response with vastly different outcomes.

Each fought in the way most familiar to them; the aid of turrets, pure berserk rage and stealth. In the confusion the party of three quickly diminished to one. It wasn't until the last of the bullymongs had been taken care of, personally by Zer0, and he had uncloaked to find himself utterly alone in an unfamiliar land.

He had been walking in the direction his ECHO device marked Sanctuary ever since, stopping only to put down some petty bandits or deranged psychos. Even the odd skag here and there had kept his mind busy on his seemingly endless trek from one part of Pandora to the next.

The new stretch proved to be very promising. He was greeted by an ECHO from a man named Roland, given some meager tasks to complete and the proper directions to Sanctuary. Finally some salvation, he wouldn't be spending the night ever vigilant in the Pandorian dunes after all.

He'd be in Sanctuary.

{X}

Here in the peaceful bliss of the arid valley, Banshee felt utterly at ease. At ease, and maybe a little cocky. Anyone with a home-front always feels safer, invincible even, on said home-front. No matter the location or how open the actual area was, in her mind she was as safe as she'd ever be. Which would explain why she had her SMG sitting pretty on her hip and back to the wastes.

With the mindset that nobody could ever get close enough to notice her within the jumble of buildings and dangerously rusted machinery, she pulled up her ECHO device. She needed to take stock of her inventory before she could even attempt to go looking for the Vault Hunters that crawled out of Jack's little death trap.

Her face was quickly ignited in the familiar off blue glow that caused her to squint. Light was harsh on her eyes, always has been. While she could manage the dimmed rays of the valley she hadn't a clue how she'd brave the tundra with its stark white sun ignited snow.

Not to mention she was practically broke. No use buying any more ammo or medical supplies till she could get paid for her latest job. And who knows when that'll be. Her best bet would be to get back to Sanctuary asap and see if Roland had any missions available.

"Better get going," She sighed as she turned her ECHO device off. A small hurdle but, hopefully, she'd be out in the field again and ready to look for whomever these Vault Hunters were.

Anyone who could get themselves out of Jack's little mess was definitely worth her time to find. Frankly, she couldn't wait to see how they'd handle themselves in a scratch if they'd bested that slimy snake-in-the-grass. Maybe she'll even see them in Sanctuary if luck was on her side.

With a click of her teeth, Banshee started for the Catch-A-Ride, contemplating the odds of getting a nap before she'd have to head back out. Surely, Roland wouldn't want a sleep deprived Harbinger out in the field. Who knows what kinda mess she could cause if she was cranky?

So engrossed with her thoughts, she didn't notice the quickly approaching figure out in the wastes.

{{OOC: I'd say spot on so far, hehe. You're doing great, Fang!}}
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Gypsy shook her head. The progress she'd hoped to make was slowly taken up by frustration. It was a game Jack liked to play. More times than not, he also won. This halted her progress. What was worse, her head was already throbbing. 

She leaned back in her chair. Already, she felt annoyed. Her mood was souring slowly. Given the circumstances, she felt she couldn't be blamed. As long as nothing else came up, she figured she would be fine.

Glancing at one of the many screens that occupied her home, she blinked. She caught sight of something or other out there. Hacking camera's around Pandora was easy - at least the ones that Jack didn't deem important. That was a bit of a shame on his part. If he took the time to look, there were some interesting things running about.

She raised an eyebrow, watching the slender figure for a few moments. Clothed in black as he was, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Regardless, it seemed that he was able to take care of himself out there. She shook her head. She reached for her ECHO device.

"Hey, Emotes," She started. Leaning back in her chair, she glanced at the screen again. She'd caught his attention. The question mark that appeared over that mask told her enough. He seemed like an odd one. "You lost? Or are you one of those Vault Hunter's I've been informed of recently?"

Gypsy tipped her head, waiting on him to speak up. Who knew if he would answer her or not. She found most had odd dispositions on this planet. Some were down right friendly, others overly paranoid. She might find much in the same here. Gypsy had long since learned to keep an eye on these people before getting too close.

----[x]----

Axton was more than pleased to get off that boat. He was on his feet and moving off as soon as he could, followed by the others. No doubt, they were anxious to get moving as well. Something told him that they all shared the same sentiment. To get away from Claptraps ramblings. 

The land was unfamiliar. Pandora was a dangerous place. It wasn't as if getting a feel for this place was really possible. As dangerous as most were here, it was easier to point and shot rather than try to reason. 

It wasn't long before they all started forward. Unsurprisingly, hostile creatures started to attack. He snorted, easily tossing out a turret to take care of some of them. The rest, he mowed down himself. 

In the scuffle, he lost sight of Zer0 and Salvador. Now that he looked about, he lost the rest of his team. A groan escaped him. This was exactly what he needed. Axton could take care of himself, true enough. Tracking down the others would be a waste of time. He could only hold out hope that they would all meet up in this 'Sanctuary'. 

Axton started forward, keeping a trained eye for any danger. The cold air wasn't a bother. He ignored it. Getting distracted by small things like this could end in disaster. 

He wasn't sure how long he'd wandered. Something caught his eye in the distance. He paused, watching as the figure of a woman. Raising a brow, he lowered his weapon. When she was close enough, she spoke up. Amusement overtook his features.

"Move fast here on Pandora, eh?" He joked. A shake of his head followed. "I'd like to save some face here but yea, I'm lost. Looking for Sanctuary."

Axton studied her briefly. She was relaxed, didn't look ready to fight if she had to. He knew that anyone on this planet - if they wanted to survive, learned to fight. He didn't put it passed her to be the same way. Regardless, she hadn't put a bullet in his brain yet. He'd talk things out now, see how it went.

[OOC: Canned is good at Haikus. I am impressed by this. Really, I am. I wasn't sure if you'd stick with Zer0's actual train of speech like that or not. But I do love it~.]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 pm

It had been too damn peaceful out in this neck 'a the woods so to speak. A few skags and rakk and that had been that so far until he'd run into that building with it's tall sign depicting a fat piggy that sported the words "Happy Pig Motel" over it. It didn't look very lived in, piles of garbage all over and reeking somethin' fierce. Any metal was already rusting from what Salvador could see too. That had been before he'd caught sight of the girl at the board near that sign.

His short legs carried him as fast as Salvador could make 'em go, an assault rifle he'd found in a skag pile in his hands. It was in much better shape than the one he'd had before in any case. Maybe the girl was a psycho like some 'a Flynt's men. If that was the case one more gun fight for that day could be looked forward to if not, hey, it wouldn't be for a lack of lookin' for one!

"Oi! What's a little lass doin' out on her own 'round here?" he called out.

The fence he was by was about as tall as he was and it was this he'd leaned against. Even with the lax posture he'd be ready for a fight if it broke out. The girl, startled, had jumped and spun around to stare at him. Her eyes had a strange look to 'em though Salvador didn't think too much of it beyond that. Wasn't his business.

It was a little funny to see her blinking wildly like that though she'd winced after she'd widened her eyes. For a moment Salvador wondered why before he shook the thought away.

"What's that look fer?" he wondered aloud, "I'm that scary?"

A short bark of laughter left him after that comment. What was so funny about it was left to the imagination even after he pushed himself off the fence and rolling his shoulders. At the very least there was someone to talk to, assuming she wasn't gonna charge him, if it got quiet 'round here. Quiet gave Salvador time to think, he didn't like thinking.

----[x]----
As she'd neared the guy had lowered his weapon, the muzzle of it pointing at the snow beneath them rather than at her. Well that was a good sign at least. If he was one of those lucky Vault Hunters she'd rather not have to put a bullet or two in him to get him to cooperate or listen to reason.

There was a good amount of distance between them when they'd both halted, weapons pointed elsewhere. Still, there was some bantering already starting up between them. Larissa scoffed in good humor, her mood picking up a little when he confirmed he was heading to Sanctuary.

"Maybe we do," she teased. Larissa cocked her head to one side, regarding him carefully. Neither had given a name just yet so she had nothing to call him by at the moment. "Sanctuary, huh? You wouldn't be one of those lucky Vault Hunters now, would you?"

She waited then, shifting her weight from foot to foot. It had been all over the place just awhile ago–bounties for their heads and bulletins to look out for them all. Jack wasn't happy that someone had gotten away relatively unscathed from his assassination attempt. It worked out for the resistance, though, assuming they could get the Vault Hunters to join up with them.

"If you are then maybe I wouldn't mind showing you the way," she carried on, "but only if you're a good boy, hmm?"

She'd have to ECHO someone ahead and let them know at least one of them had been found if  this was a Vault Hunter. Whatever had happened to Roland had left him out of commission and everyone was worried. It had only been maybe an hour ago but he was the leader of the Crimson Raiders if something happened to him...

Larissa shook the thought away. She had her own situation to deal with at the moment.

[[OOC: I was hoping that she would! Canned's poetry is pretty good, the ones she posts here, so I'd been hoping she could do the haikus easily. :3]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 pm

When the click of Zer0's ECHO device kicked on, he had expected it to be Roland confirming that his recent tasks were done and that he could approach Sanctuary. The feminine voice that came from the ECHO device was such a stark contrast from Roland's that it startled Zer0. A projected exclamation point illuminated the void above his mask as he tilted back slightly.

As expected, to go from a voice so gruff to a voice that silvery was enough to make anyone jump. The exclamation point glowed briefly above his mask before quickly fading to a question mark at the inquiry.

Has word really spread that fast about the party that survived the trap? How could that be possible, unless. He wondered briefly if the other members of the party had already found their own way to Sanctuary. Could he really be the last to find it?

And then there was that name.

Zer0's been called quite a few things in his lifetime, nothing remotely close to the one the women spoke. The other names have almost always been negative or used to alienate and dehumanize him, this name had an undertone of jest. A rather refreshing change, but it did nothing to quench his own inquiries.

"Perhaps I am one, Perhaps I am just no one, but who might you be?"

Zer0 looked about as he spoke to the disembodied voice of the women. Light caught his mask and armor causing the black and off grey to reflect and shine briefly. He hadn't a clue how she caught his location, unless the ranges before Sanctuary were bugged with cameras.

Smart move on their part.

{X}

Banshee's breath hitched in her throat at the rambunctious remark, none of the near-by bandits or nomads would dare invade this haven. She'd put down enough for them to get the message across. That only left the mindless psychos, anything but them!

With a meek little turn she faced the source of the voice, ready to take flight rather than fight. However,  the longer she watched the man before her the faster that fear left her.

After her little start and jump, she stood her ground as best she could despite a still racing heart and adrenaline pumped body telling her to flee.

But then there was that little lass comment of his. Her hand was itching for her SMG but she'd refuse to flee on that comment alone, besides she always gave a situation a go before she'd just react blindly.

Speaking of blindly, whomever it was who stood before her stood with his back to the sun causing her to blink something fierce. She had tried to widen her eyes to try and get a good look at him and winched, painfully. She must of looked rather humorous doing so  because he inquired about it and laughed.

"Nah," Banshee remarked with a snicker as she cupped a hand over her eyes,"you just look like you got the boot end of a boot kicking."

And she was right. The man before her looked like he'd just crawled through hell and back. He had scrapes and scratches and even a few tears in his shirt. To think she'd been petrified moment earlier, any lingering fear was quickly fading at his scuffed appearance and height.

He was shorter than most and that put her at ease. In truth she could only be a few inches above him, but she wasn't as top heavy. If she needed to run for her life there's no way he could keep up with her. Unless, of course, he knew how to use that assault rifle. Best not tease him, wouldn't want to take a bullet to the leg.

{{OOC: Thanks a lot you guys! The Haiku's are actually my favorite part of Zer0's character, it's been a real treat doing them /w\}}
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Gypsy watched him carefully through the screen of a computer. She was almost fascinated in a way. He moved carefully, even if he was surprised. Most mercenaries and the like weren't this careful. Some, down right sloppy. This was an odd change of pace, one she quite liked.

She leaned forward, a grin tugging at her lips. These events were becoming rather interesting. She was a little glad someone stopped by to inform of the Vault Hunter's. That was, if he even was one of them.

For a long moment, he said nothing at all. Gypsy didn't press for answers. She wasn't the type to. This place was aggressive already. Giving someone time to breath was a blessing. She tried to treat everyone in this regard.

When he did speak, a nagging familiarity started tugging at her. The way he spoke, or rather, the rhythm was familiar. She shook her head. That wasn't important at the moment.

"Well, my names Gypsy." She answered. Her tone remained light. Unless she needed reason to be suspicious of him, there was no reason to come off as unfriendly. "I'm a hacker for the resistance and work in Sanctuary."

He was looking around, probably for her. It was that or any sign of danger. For the moment, he was clear of that. She kept up with most surveillance out there anyways.

"If you look up, closer to what's left of that phone pole, you'll see a camera. That's how I can see you, Emotes. You're in no immediate danger. I'm not much of a fighter anyways. Even if I was out there, I'd be little threat to you."

She placed her elbows on the table, folding her hands. Gypsy wasn't sure if that helped or not. On Pandora, most couldn't afford to let their guard down. That could easily get one killed.

"So, now you know a little about me," She carried on. "Now what about you? What's your name, Emotes?"

----[x]----

Axton found a little silent relief settle on him when she jested back. So far, all he had really found out here were people wanting to kill him and the others. That went double - maybe even triple for Handsome Jack. Everyone on Pandora seemed to have some kind of bone to pick with them.

In a way, he was a little glad not to just be shooting at another person at the moment. Normally, in the heat of it all, he didn't mind. The action wore on a person over time. He hadn't caught a break yet - none of them had. So the change of pace, able to lower his gun, was a nice one.

A grin tugged at his lips as she kept along with the light humor. She made it clear enough that she knew what she was doing.

"I might be," He responded a moment later. Tipping his head, he gave a brief nod. "Am I to assume you're working for Sanctuary?"

From what he could guess, that seemed to be true. If she was a bandit or bounty hunter, he had doubts that she would be having a conversation with him now. People on Pandora weren't that cunning. Most liked to shoot first, ask questions later. At least, that's what Axton experienced so far.

"I'd appreciate it if you could." He continued. A slight chuckle passed his lips as she went on. "I'll be on my best behavior, ma'am."

Motioning with his free hand, he would allow her to lead. For the moment, things were quiet. He kept his gun lowered if only because of that. Until something else came to be cause for alarm, Axton wouldn't raise it again. Who knew how long that would last however.

"The names Axton, by the way." He introduced. He started forward when she did. The crunch of snow underneath their feet was a comfortable one. "So what's the pretty ladies name?"

[OOC: You do an excellent job, Canned! I really like reading/hearing Haikus when they're done by the right person. When that flow and rhythm is correct, I absolutely love it~.]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm

It hadn't taken long for the girl to compose herself again, though she was squintin' and looking pained by something or other. Salvador wondered though didn't really question it much. If she wanted to say something about it then she would and that was that. Salvador wasn't one to pry for answers anyways. Not usually.

She was lookin' at him carefully maybe sizing him up. Salvador moved from foot to foot as he waited for her to say something. The quiet was really kind of annoying, especially so when he thought about it.

Eventually there was some conversation, now that she'd gotten her head in the game. A short bark of laughter was his answer, shaking his head after he did so. "That right? Well don't you just got a way with words!"

Salvador pushed his hands through his hair, shaking away the bit of rakk gunk he found there. That girl still stood a good distance away, probably for her own safety. That didn't bother him too much, everyone seemed fuckin' nuts around these parts anyway so anyone who wasn't would have to be careful. She looked a little more calm though, now that he actually paid attention.

She hadn't said anything else, he didn't even have her name just yet. Still, there was something about her that seemed a little 'off' even if Salvador couldn't put his finger on what. He shook the feeling away, stepping a bit closer to get a better look at her face. She'd seemed to reach for her weapon though thought against it in that time.

"No need to be gettin' so jumpy, damn!" he said, "I'm looking for this Sanctuary place or something. Wouldn't know how to get there, huh?"

He could at least find out where this Roland guy had wanted them all to go. Maybe he'd be able to get more bullets there and head back out, he was running low as it was... Salvador noted the way the girl looked at him then, as if really studying him now. He waited, bouncing his heel up and down as he did. He wasn't fond of it being quiet...

----[x]----
Larissa had waited for him to speak up though she did not that he seemed a little relieved about something or other. She couldn't begin to guess what it was about though she could assume as such given how Pandora operated, even more so with Jack's reign. Eventually the look there on his face had given way to a grin, one that was almost more a smirk than it was a grin.

"Oooh, vague. Trying to be mysterious, are we?" she said lightly. A shake of the head followed and she surveyed him once more. Brown hair and decked out in what was some sort of a military uniform. She'd seen it before though the branch it was from escaped her. Larissa didn't put much more thought into it past that for now.

She chuckled as he answered her, gesturing for her to lead the way. She turned, jerking her head for him to follow before she'd start off. They had a lot of ground to cover and it wasn't like she could detour to the Catch-a-Ride station, Scooter had them on lockdown around here because of the bandits. Larissa resisted scoffing at the answer.

"I'll hold you to that," she said as she'd started off. The snow crunched under their feet and high up above them Larissa could hear the rakks calling to one another. She blinked as he gave his name asking for hers after. Sparing a glance his way she shrugged her shoulder and said "Pretty lady, huh? Oooh, I like you already. It's Larissa."

The sun shone off the snow brightly and ifs he hadn't been out in it for so long it would have been blinding to her. For now they would be fine, however. Any creatures or people after them would stand out darkly against the snow anyways. Larissa didn't think there'd be much to worry about.

The cold was getting at her now that she wasn't running or fighting anything off. It wasn't like she was entirely dressed for snowy areas, her jacket having only one sleeve as it was. Larissa turned to other thoughts in an attempt to ignore that, listening to their crunching footsteps yet again.

She had to wonder about why Axton found his way to Pandora though she wouldn't pester him about it. They'd just met anyways and it might be something personal. For now she'd focus on just getting them to Sanctuary.

[[OOC: I'm glad you like doing the haikus, Canned! I'm no good at them so I was worried I'd butcher Zer0, I'm glad you're good at those! :D]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:05 am

Zer0 tilted his head towards his ECHO device as she spoke. Gypsy? He's read about the people who were dubbed that, wayward souls shrouded in mystery, very fitting. This Gypsy was just as mysterious, a silvery voice in the waste of Pandora as she watches all that transcends around her.

However, as a denizen of Sanctuary he'd be meeting her face to face in a few short hours. Give or take. The mystery would be diminished, but she still seemed to be a fairly interesting individual.

He turned his head, looking for the pole she mention. It wasn't too hard, it looked like a normal phone pole. No need to camouflage it, in fact, Zer0 strained as he read the box that housed the camera, it appeared to have been placed there by the Hyperion corporation.

Well, she did say she was a hacker. She must do her job well to get into Hyperion tech.

Once he found it he waved, soft red glow of an emoted smile came from his mask as he did so. She could already see him it wasn't like he'd blow his nonexistent cover. No use in being rude, either.

“A pleasure Gypsy, I have gone by many names, I prefer Zer0.”

As he spoke, a red zero with a slash hovered over his head. It was a symbolic choice really, a zero is endless, infinite. The more people he kills the more likely his chances of remaining infinite are, unlike them.

“Sanctuary, eh? I am heading there right now, Can you help me in?”

No use waiting in the wastes till he got Roland's okay. The sooner he gets there the better, the sooner he can work to end that tyrant Handsome Jack. He wanted a challenge after all.

{x}

A light smirk played at her lips, he must have found her pretty interesting, he hasn't stopped staring at her since he spooked her. Granted he might just be trying to size her up like she had him, but he kept looking at her face. Not really the target area one stares at. A snide comment was at the tip of her tongue when he took a step closer.

Banshee practically vaulted back, hand moving to the gun burning a hole on her belt as her feet shuffled in the dirt. In all honesty, she reached for it as a safety net. She didn't really expect the guy to do anything to hurt her, not this late in the chance meeting.

He was watching her like before, had to be her eyes. Didn't bother her when people stared, but it was starting to get on her nerves.

She let out a short, sarcastic laugh that could wake the dead before sneering lightly at his retort. Jumpy? Her? Ha! Not on her life. If one was jumpy out here they'd be put in the dirt before they even knew what hit 'em. Jumpy was paranoid, Banshee was calculating- Did he say Sanctuary?

“I ain't jumpy, just careful,” She murmured, crossing her arms and set into her hip.

A dumbstruck look softened her sneer as she studied him anew, biting her lip and squinting. Certainly had the look of a native about him and his rough-and-tough exterior was something Vault Hunter worthy. Could this really be a Vault Hunter?

A gleam caught her permanently dilated eyes as her mind raced through different scenarios, “You one of those Vault Hunters?”

With a drop of her arms she waited for his response, her eyes betrayed the calm facade her features played. Her eyes gleamed in a ditzy manner as she waited, eager to hear if it'll be a yes and a free ride to Sanctuary or a no and an interrogation of what he wanted with Sanctuary. She's had one home go to hell, she won't let it happen again.

{{OOC: Thanks Oki! I'm just glad you like my Zer0 so much /w\ Hehe, good thing you're doing Salvador Fang you do a darn fine job!}}
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:46 pm

He looked to be in thought for a short few seconds. Maybe he was deciding if he trusted her or not. Gypsy couldn't be sure. Talking to him as she was now, she could only be sure of so much. While he came off as someone trustworthy, she might find he was the exact opposite.

Eventually, he raised his head. Picking at the camera wasn't a difficult thing to do. Hyperion didn't do much to actually hide them. That was, the unimportant ones. Some were still difficult for her to tackle.

She blinked, settling back when that emoticon appeared. It was hard not to chuckle, a grin spreading over her lips. She found herself quite interested in this one. No one around Sanctuary came off as this interesting.

"Polite too," She started lightly. "You'll be quite the change around here!"

Gypsy shook her head at that. It wasn't as if most were bad. Some just didn't care. Others weren't able to hold onto their sanity. She couldn't hold anything against them. She often wondered if she might have been the same.

"Zero, huh?" She tilted her head. Even though he wasn't able to see it, she had old habits. "I still like Emotes. So you'll have to deal with that for a bit."

She folded her hands. She normally wouldn't act without Roland's okay. Given the situation, she saw fit that something needed to be done. Roland was tied up as it was. Gypsy figured getting Zero wouldn't be too much of a difficulty.

"I can get you in. Roland won't be happy about it but he'll get over it in time. He's been a little lenient. The situation is dire as it is."

That was true enough. The resistance was dwindling, thanks to Jack. Given that thought, she set to work. She leaned forward again, tucking a leg underneath her. Getting the coordinates to him wasn't difficult.

"I've sent you the coordinates." She explained. "You'll want to be wary of the bandits. They've set up outside Sanctuary." For a brief moment, she paused. She shook her head. "Never mind that. Something tells me that you'll be fine."

----[x]----

Axton couldn't suppress a chuckle. This girl had a bit of spunk in her. He ran into many who did, though this one seemed a little more charming. He pushed it aside for the moment. There was a lot of stake at the moment. No need to get too distracted.

"Why not?" He responded lightly. He kept a careful eye around them. There might not be bandits around but the wildlife was just as dangerous. "I hear the 'mysterious' type is popular now a days."

For a few brief moments, she was silent. Whatever was on her mind was a mystery to him. Axton had just met the woman. Who knew what she could be thinking about. He figured as long as he wasn't staring down a barrel of a gun, he was fine.

Eventually, she did speak however. Axton liked the light conversation. He was sure there would be others who would share this kind of thing. For the moment, it was a nice change of pace. Fighting crazed bandits was becoming a little tiring.

"I'm pretty easy to trust," He started lightly. "All of this charm and what not."

It didn't take her long to give her name. Axton was rather well she took the light flirting well enough. He met all kinds in his experience. Some didn't appreciate this kind of thing so soon.

"Larissa, that's a pretty name." He complimented. "Can I pester you for an answer? Why you're part of this resistance?"

Many joined up for personal reasons. No doubt, she had her own. Axton, and the others as well - they were only caught up in this. Assigned to kill Jack, the resistance was a perfect place to get started.

For Larissa, who knew what it was. Personal or not, she looked as if she had here heart set on Sanctuary. Axton doubted he'd get an answer. He spared on last glance around. The snow was blinding but he was getting used to it. A chill in the air could be ignored for the time.

"Don't answer that if it's personal." He advised after a brief moment. His tone was subdued at that. "Not my place to know if that's the case."

[OOC: I'd like to think we're all doing a good job! Pats on the back for us!]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:22 am

It was a little amazing to watch the girl's expression. One minute she was sneering and then she was taken back before there it was in place again because of somethin' he'd gone and said. It was a little startling to see her all but leap backwards, jerking towards that gun 'a hers he could spot at her hip. Carefully he held up his hands, rifle still clutched in one, and watching her. He'd rather not get a bullet in him for whatever she thought he was up to.

"Hey now, easy!" he cried, "I ain't out to eat you or nothin'!"

It took a moment but she finally relaxed again. At least as relaxed as anyone would get out here, Salvador was all too aware of the dangers that were all around Pandora. Being a native made it easy to get used to it all though. In truth, Salvador loved it all.

He snorted at her answer. "Right, and I'm the king of Pandora! Damn, girl!"

Salvador shook his head after that, instead askin' about Sanctuary. It wasn't a place he knew where to look for so askin' the girl would make things easier. At least he hoped that it would, he'd rather not get lost again, not without more ammo. At least if he had that he'd have something to entertain himself with.

It didn't take long for her to get that cocky look back in place, despite her weird eyes. Salvador offered a shrug, seemingly rolling his shoulders as he did so. Of course he was a Vault Hunter, it was an easy way to get thing's happenin! That and running out with guns ablaze! Salvador didn't mention that though, not at the moment.

"Maybe I am, eh? But really I gotta question who the fuck I've been talkin' to for so long! Name's Salvador," he said, patting his broad chest with his just as large hand. The girl seemed to take a moment to study him again and he found himself shifting from foot to foot, maybe a little impatient with all this wastin' around.

The sun beat down from high up above 'em, it had to be nearin' noon if Salvador had to guess. Briefly he wondered what that masked guy and the ex-military-lookin' one had found themselves up to after those rampaging bullymongs attacked. It was a fleeting though that left as soon as the girl spoke again.

----[x]----
His answer was a light one, something she hadn't heard in a long while. With everyone in Sanctuary trying to make the best of things it left a lot to be desired. Not to mention all the things that went wrong when people were cooped up in one area for so long with everyone. On more than one occasion Larissa could hear people complaining about their stock in life.

A chuckle passed her lips and a shake of the head followed. It was all too easy to get fond of this guy right off the back. The change of pace was refreshing. She said nothing of it, though, no need to make it known.

"Is that right?" she shot back instead. "We'll see about that in time."

It was a little strange to be hearing compliments now-a-days though it left Larissa feeling warm. She spared a coy smile before turning back to keeping track of what was around them. There were all sorts of places for things to hide in, she'd rather they not get ambushed because she'd gotten distracted by a compliment or two. So far there was nothing and she hoped it would stay that for simplicity's sake.

Larissa blinked, caught off guard at the question for a brief moment. It wasn't something that was frequently asked, in any case. She only took a moment to reply, already working to brush the questions away.

"Same as anyone else, I suppose," she said evasively. Larissa was more than aware of the various reasons for why everyone in Sanctuary was there, each had their own story to tell about Hyperion or Handsome Jack ruining what they'd once had. New Haven sprang to mind...

With a wave of her hand she brushed aside Axton's words. At the very least he was considerate of something that might very well best be kept private. Larissa didn't feel very comfortable delving into those things–things she thought about or felt–very often. It left her feeling too vulnerable.

"And what about you?" Larissa wondered next. "Surely a looker like you has better things to do then head out to Pandora for a mythical vault."

From the corner of her eye she studied him again as they walked, her hair shielding the look. Axton seemed to keep himself in good shape, clean-shaven and with a rather taken care of uniform. He had some sort of a necklace 'round his neck though Larissa hadn't had the time to really check it out yet. It was probably just a little trinket or maybe some old military tags or something. Surely if he was still part of a service somewhere he wouldn't be found wandering Pandora after the Vault.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Polite? Well, Zer0 supposed he did have a certain honor code that he followed. Without it what set him apart from the mindless psychos that killed for fun? Very little, he'd be the first to admit it.

While Gypsy spoke he continued to look around, Pandora was a fairly interesting place once you get past the many hostiles. The sun would be setting soon, it already cast sidelong shadows off of the adobe giants that surrounded where ever it was he was located.

“I've done tasks for him,” Zer0 interrupted at the mention of Roland, “Insurance for safe passage, Haven't heard back though.”

Actually, it'd been a while since he heard anything from anyone prior to Gypsy. It hadn't concerned him earlier of course, he just wanted to get to the safety of Sanctuary. Zer0 rested a hand on his hip while the other supported his jaw, red ellipsis glowed above his head as he thought. He didn't suppose anything could have happened to the Crimson Raiders leader but...

She did say the situation was dire.

Perhaps he'd been too busy to relay a message back to acknowledge he'd succeed in locating the fallen solider. The quicker he could get to Sanctuary the quicker he could see for himself which it was. He didn't want to burden Gypsy further.  

Another ding from his ECHO device signaled he'd received the correct coordinates, the ellipsis faded and he straightened himself out.

“I just got them here, I thank you for the kindness, Be seeing you soon.”

At least he could distract himself with taking out those bandits. A red smile erupted from his helmet at the thought as he started towards Sanctuary.

{x}

Banshee glared at his snide comments, bottom lip jutting out as she did so. This was new, usually her snark and incompetent charm weren't rewarded with even more snark. Or the promise not to eat her. That was pretty strange.

At least he wasn't adding insult to injury,  he seemed to be an actual native, unlike that dictator Jack. King of Pandora, indeed.

“Aren't kings usually regal in stature?” She murmured under her breath, lips curling in a devious smile.

Not bothering to wait for an answer she continued in her study of the man before her. If he caught what she said he didn't show it, thankfully. From all that muscle and pointed attitude of his, he was probably trying to compensate for his own stunted stature.

She'd imagine it'd been a low blow anyway, but she didn't feel as superior as she usually does when she mocks others. A wave of regret washed over her, no one wants their insecurities poke at, she realized. Her eyes darted back slightly, one slightly covered hand scratching at a patch of scared skin on her neck. No one.

Ah, names. He either won't question the bizarre name in the sea of even bizarrer names or he'll call her out on it. Besides, it wasn't like she was lying to sound tougher. It was the closest thing she had to a name after all.

With a light shrug, a bored expression crossed her face, “People 'round here call me Banshee.”

“Listen here, Salvador,” She drawled, clicking her tongue before he could question her name, “It just so happens I'm on the hunt for the Vault Hunters,”

Bad word choice, damn. Banshee chided herself, she's really gotta start thinking before just spewing whatever she wants like a moron.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Gypsy sat back quietly. He took his time. Gypsy saw no need to rush him. There was no reason to, honestly. They still had time. There situation might not have been well. At least they had a plan however.

She glanced about for a brief moment. The soft growl of her large pet was really the only sound that broke the silence now. Balto was a large skag and one she had raised as a 'pup' of sorts.

She blinked, turning her attention back to her screen when he spoke. He'd already spoken to Roland then? Well, saved her from some form of displeasure later. At least Roland wouldn't bother her about her decision. At least, she held out hopes that would be the case.

"Well, I suppose you're all set than." She answered. "I'll see about pin-pointing his location soon. Hate to think something might have happened."

It was no secret that Roland was more of less the figure head of the rebellion. Bandits and the like kept an eye out for him. Hyperion would do what they could to get him as well.

The coordinates didn't take long to reach him after that. She wasn't sure but there almost seemed to be a bit of pleasure in his tone when he spoke. Gypsy shook her head at that. Maybe she was imagining it.

"It's no problem," She responded, a grin spreading on her lips. "Just let me know if you need anything else."

The last words left her excited and uncomfortable. She wasn't one to venture out and meet people. Very rarely did people bother her as well. She looked about her home, it's condition a bit of a mess. Balto lazing about didn't help matters. Eventually, she shrugged. What could she do?

Glancing back one last time, she took notice to the emoticon, a smile, hovering above that mask. She snorted in amusement, leaning back in her chair again.

"Such a strange one." She muttered to herself.

----[x]----

Axton hoped the light conversation was doing something for her. She at least chuckled at what he'd said. He had little idea of those in Sanctuary and how they might act. From the conditions everywhere else, he doubted they were pleasant.

In the very least, she seemed to be taking it well. She could have been shrugging him off or snap at him. She did neither of these things. In a way, he felt a little encouraged. He had to admit, he expected to find people more put off. There were all kinds out here though.

The idle chatter came to a halt for a brief moment. He didn't mind it. The statement had been said and nothing more after. There was no need to drag on that topic. He'd like to think of himself as charming. Being overbearing however, might put her off.

Still, she offered a smile - if a little shy one, toward the compliment. Something told him there wasn't much of that within the resistance. Why would there be? These people were at war with a power beyond what they could handle. He spared  a large smile in return. At least things were going well.

Eventually, she waved off his question. The answer was simple enough. Maybe she didn't want to go into too much detail about it. Axton wasn't going to push if that was the case. The question was directed to him not a few moments later. Axton offered a brief shrug in return.

"It was an assignment." He answered. "Kill Jack then take care of the Vault. Though, we were all together for more personal reasons. If it hadn't been for the trap, I'm sure we have been fine. Don't ask me how we survived."

Honestly, it was a bit baffling. With as much explosives as Jack had loaded into that train car, it was a wonder they survived. Axton didn't question it. No, why question a chance luck had given them? That seemed a wasted effort.

"Anyways, like most, I guess it's a little personal now." He answered. "Either way, it's either us or him at this point."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Salvador let himself chuckle at the look on the girl's face. Wouldn't have thought he'd get her poutin' at him and yet there it was, that bottom lip 'a hers juttin' out like it was. The look only deepened a little at his reaction. In a way it was a little cute, despite the odd look about her. Then again everyone on Pandora had an odd look about 'em.

"Hey! I'm all kinds 'a regal!" he argued, patting his chest with a hard thump-thump sound. He didn't bother to get up in arms over the comment any more than that at the moment. If she knew where Sanctuary was she was his ticket there, no sense in being as reckless and gun-crazed as he usually was. A damn shameful thought that was, actually.

That damn quiet was back again to boot. If he had to guess the girl must've been watchin' him closely, keepin' an eye on his movements. Hell, he was doin' the same to her. It was better than gettin' lost in thought anyways.

Salvador found himself shifting his weight around again, wishin' the girl'd hurry it up with whatever she was doing. Thinking wasted too much damn time in his opinion and he did as little of it as he could help! Seemed the girl didn't share that thought, what with the way her eyebrows had puckered together. Salvador kept himself quiet nonetheless though his impatience had to be showin' by now.

Finally, after he'd given his own, the girl gave him a name to call her by. Strange one it was though he'd heard odder ones 'round Pandora. Throwin' his arms up, almost as if he would charge forward and launch himself into a large bear hug, Salvador offered a large grin to boot. "Banshee it is then!" With that he let his arms fall back, rifle gripped loosely in his broad hands.

He didn't get any time to say much more as she'd spoken up. In only a second he was gripping his assault rifle tighter, aiming the barrel her way. His finger hovered over the trigger. It was quick unlike him to stop himself there and yet he'd managed it. Besides, she probably had a shield or somethin' to block the first few bullets anyways, she seemed like a smart lass.

"Hunt, eh? Awful strange choice 'a words," he spat. For once he'd exercise some self-control. He was curious of this girl, a strange compulsion keepin' him from outright shootin' her way she stood. Salvador wondered if she knew how lucky she was for that.

----[x]----
He had a nice smile, that was for sure. With everyone rather grungy and scarred it could be hard to find someone that fit her tastes well. Larissa wouldn't be mentioning that any time soon, however. It was usually painfully clear who the typical lookers were, assuming one's preferences matched up with another's. There wasn't nay point talking about it further.

The question about what she was aiming for in helping the resistance's cause was evaded fairly well. There was some quiet after before she'd shot the question back. In that time they'd kept at it, pushing through the snow. At least it hadn't snowed in some time, adding to the drifts that were already there. Larissa kept their pace quick, the sun already lengthening out shadows as it was.

Larissa hummed in answer to Axton. 'A mission, huh?' she echoed to herself. That seemed a little too convenient but who was she to argue? Her own reasons ran a little personal, having spent so many years on Pandora now. She shook the thought away before New Haven's end could come to mind.

"Is that right?" she said lightly, to keep conversation flowing. "Us or him, that's one way of putting it. Perhaps a little too mildly."

The things Jack had done were more than just "us or him" and anyone on Pandora could tell Axton that. Larissa didn't think it would do much good to push that topic, however. When Roland came back he would do much better at explaining the situation... then again maybe it would just make things seem more hopeless. Roland had a way about being too serious.

It didn't seem like he took what she'd said too personally. That was good but then he was a military man, he had to have had more discipline than to wear his heart on his sleeve. Still, no one ended up on Pandora because of good self-discipline. Either he was out for something like she and many others had or he was in trouble and this was a good place to start over. Those were the usual options unless one was born here.

"It shouldn't be too much longer now," she noted, the ground dipping and rising under their feet. The skag den nearby was something Larissa kept an eye on. "With any luck the Bloodshots have cleared out of the way."
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Despite being the fourth  person he'd met so far on his quest through the wastes of Pandora, he really preferred her voice guiding him than the others. Especially that little rusted bucket of bolts Claptrap. Even Roland seemed too one track minded for his liking. Gypsy was different, Gypsy was sweet.

Her silvery voice waned as Zer0 started towards Sanctuary. A mere echo as he wandered closer and closer to his destination. The solo sojourn earlier had almost been in vain. It seems he had been wandering farther and farther away from Sanctuary with his previous directions.

The time to himself gave him the bitter opportunity to mull things over in his mind, analyze and analyze again any mistakes or errors. His mind raced back to they landing in the Tundra, to the frozen bodies laying forgotten in the snow.

“Not my problem.” He reminded himself.

Zer0 had bigger plans for the bastard that rigged that little show. That's what he should be focusing his energy on. He shut out any more thoughts and continued on his way, an ideal mind is a dangerous thing after all.

All the while in his wandering he felt the many eyes of the Hyperion cameras on him. While it would be impossible for Gypsy to be watching every signal one, Zer0 couldn't help but feel her gaze from the many electrical oculars.

Further up the path he followed were the obsidian hued walls of what his map marked Sanctuary. A crimson question mark hovered as he checked the map over once more. Where were the bandits Gypsy mentio-

“You don't belong here and now you're gonna pay!”

The call came from a small encampment besides the walls. A shoddy camp at best, but crawling with bandits, an odd nomad or two and of course, psychos.

A bloody smile lit up his mask as he unsheathed his blade. Petty enemies, he was going to enjoy this.

{X}

Maybe this guy wasn't so bad, certainly had a good sense of humor about him. Banshee gave a sincere smile, even when he raised his arms like a charging bullymong woulda. She felt completely at ease now. No need to point guns at anyone this far into the pleasantries. Especially since he wasn't inquisitive towards her silly little name.

But, like all things in life, they don't stay good for too long. The moment she misspoken he had a gun pointed at her, even that look about him had changed entirely. It's a wonder he didn't just shoot her down.

'Get a face-full of flame if he did,' She thought bitterly, standing her ground and glancing at her fire enhanced shield. It was a girls best friend out here after all.

“It wasn't what I meant,” With a raise of both hands in defeat, she gave a sarcastic little smirk, “See? Not armed, although if I wanted too I could pop your ear drums and be on my merry little way.”

They didn't call her Banshee for nothing. No one really knew what had happened to give this little gal the lungs she has, even Zed was stumped. All she knew was that she had an advantage over what ever chose to mess with her out in the Pandora wastes.

She took a deep breath before she continued speaking, when she was under the gun like this she tended to talk louder and faster. It was a challenge to even follow what she would be trying to say if she hadn't composed herself.

“I work for the Crimson Raiders, Salvador, we're trying to stop that skag-faced pretty boy Jack,”

She waited for him to lower his gun before continuing. As he did she brought  her hands down,  crossing them securely over her chest and set into her hip. Chewing her lip, she continued.

“We're not gonna get anywhere without some help, we know it and Jack knows it.”She took on a serious tone that made her seem older, “that's why we need to recruit the Vault Hunters that already gave Jack a run for his money.”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Gypsy watched what screens she could. She wasn't able to hack into all of them. There was no need to. She had the important ones for the moment. That was enough. She could keep an eye on things all around.

Occasionally, she'd see him in one camera or another. He was making his way to Sanctuary without much issue. There was still the bandits set up outside that posed a threat however. Gypsy found herself partly curious as to how he would handle them.

In between, she'd clean up the odd mess here and there. There really was no reason to take care of much within her dwellings. Most people didn't. Still, she had a bit of pride. The least she could show was that she wasn't a total slob.

The change of pace must have alerted the skag lazing about in her home. He lifted his head, tilting it as he watched her. Gypsy only offered a shake of her own head. It wasn't as if she had a real explanation. He probably wouldn't understand anyways.

At some point, she caught the sound of a shout on one of her monitors. Rushing back toward her spot, she glanced through to find which camera had zoned in on the ruckus. It didn't take long to find Zer0 among those bandits outside of Sanctuary.

What she witnessed, she couldn't really say how she felt. Watching Zer0, he was brutal with those bandits. Still, it was almost elegant in a way as well. Gypsy knew a number of people in Sanctuary whom she could consider 'brutal'. This was different, however. There was almost an art to it.

It was easy to ignore the dull throb in the back of her head, watching him. There were so many bandits stationed in that area but it only seemed like moments before they were laying on the ground, lifeless.

She shook her head, almost as if she was trying to pull herself out of a trance. Eventually, she got to work getting the door open. It had been cut off just to keep the bandits out. For the moment, it looked like they didn't have to worry about them.

"You're rather impressive, Emotes." She finally brought up. "You can head into Sanctuary now. You said Roland had tasked you with something? If it has anything to deal with a shield, you can drop it off within the city gates. We're going to need it."

Once again, she sat back. This time, she mulled over what she'd seen. It was strange to be so fascinated with something like this. She saw people kill everyday. This was different - he was different. Gypsy wondered why that was.

----[x]----

Silence fell for quite a few minutes again. Axton listened around them. The wildlife on this planet were dangerous though, none were rather subtle. At least, not the large Bullymongs. Despite their white fur, they were easy to spot. They lumbered about and could be quite loud. If only some of the other creatures were the same.

Whatever was on her mind was kept silent. He rolled a shoulder slightly, working out stiffness there. The tumble had been enough to make his limbs sore. No doubt, the others were probably feeling much the same. They were lucky to get away with minor injuries. A little rest would do him good, if he could manage it.

He only received a hum in response. A short reply left him a little unsure of what to say. Did he offend her somehow? Maybe the words had been wrong. It was probably much bigger to her than what he was seeing now. Everything that Jack was, he'd only heard. Up to the point, Jack had contacted them. Still, Axton had no personal qualms with him.

"Suppose that is a little mild." He answered. "I apologize, if I've offended you."

Axton had no real attachments here. For her, who knew if she lost anyone. There were plenty of people who had, he guessed. With how Jack seemed to be, with no guilt about gunning down others, it wasn't hard to imagine.

He spared another glance around the area. He could see the skags nearby. As long as they remained on their turf, he saw no reason to bother them. They could be a picky kind, he noticed. One stray could cause an entire pack to attack. He shook his head at that.

She spoke up again, making note that they were nearly at Sanctuary. Things could start moving for him and the others afterward. He briefly wondered if any of the other Vault Hunters were there yet or not. They were all resourceful. They could find their way on their own.

"Good to know," he spared a glance at her again. What was on her mind. The thought was fleeting if anything. "A few bandits won't cause me any trouble. Heck, I hope they're there! I'll get to show off for a pretty lady!"

If anything, that might lighten the conversation again. Better to be making friends rather than enemies. He'd like to think things were going rather well, despite everything that had happened up until this point. Hopefully, they would continue as such.

[OOC: Sorry I didn't get to this last night. I was going to but got attacked with another massive headache and retreated to bed early. Here's hoping for a better day!]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 pm

The merry talk had died down quicker than it had actually cropped up between 'em though Salvador didn't spare much of a thought to that. It was a little annoying to the girl, this Banshee, looking almost smug despite staring down the barrel of a gun. He was tougher than he looked for someone his size, especially when he went nuts with two guns in hand! If she had a trick up her sleeve he had one of his own to share.

His eyebrow raised at the way she raised her empty hands, looking way too smug for his likin'. Still, he tried to scale it back a little, not to shoot a few rounds into her or whatever shield she had on her. Some 'a those things had nasty surprises when they took enough damage.

"Well ain't that cheery!" he crowed though it didn't have nearly as much humor in it as he'd had before. No, his mood was a little soured now. Really, it shouldn't have been, he'd long since grown used to the comments on his size and the way people mistook him for a lesser threat. They were always proven quite surprised when he turned the tables around.

Salvador's head cocked to one side. He'd heard 'a these Crimson Raiders before, who hadn't? Maybe some offworlders wouldn't know about 'em but Salvador sure as hell did. Reluctantly he leaned his rifle against his shoulder, rolling them as he did so.

"Ain't that a fuckin' shock?" he asked, "Well, lead on then, Banshee! The sooner we're at Sanctuary the sooner I get more bullets!" There was only so much the average bandit had on 'em that he could snatch out here.

Truth be told he had a little town out in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere that needed some protection from Jack and his damn Hyperion soldiers anyhow. Helpin' to take the main man out would ease his mind a little about the fate 'a those back home. Salvador wouldn't be mention' that to anyone though, it wasn't somethin' that needed sharin'.

He waited until Banshee took off, leadin' the way for him. There wasn't much he could do until he knew where Sanctuary was and could be pointed in the right direction to find Handsome Jack. Salvador had a little score to settle with that train bullshit! Bein' blown nearly sky high was one thing but havin' to endure Claptrap's ramblin' was anyone's breaking point!

----[x]----
From the corner of her eye Larissa kept watch on Axton. He seemed rather laidback and didn't look like the type to just dart off without warning but it was best to keep track of what he was up to. So far he kept pace and the crunching of snow under their boots an easy way to keep track of where he was anyways. In the distance she could occasionally see the bullymongs lumbering about around their strange pillar-looking nests.

Eventually there was conversation again, short as it seemed to be for the moment. Axton took her comment with grace though he sounded as if he was picking his words a little better at the moment. Honestly she hadn't pegged him as one to tread carefully but then they'd just met as well, it was entirely possibly she'd misjudged him a little.

Larissa waved her hand, dismissing the comment. "No worries," she said simply.

With that the conversation had dropped away from Handsome Jack for the time being. There would be more than enough time for things about Hyperion and their leader later, instead she pointed out how close they'd gotten to Sanctuary. In the distance she could see the wall and if it had been up the shield might have been visible if the conditions were right. For now there was nothing and if Hyperion launched another attack so soon...

She shook that thought away. Jack's attack on Sanctuary were almost like clockwork. With any luck they'd have the shield problem fixed before that time today.

She chuckled, glad for Axton being there. If nothing else he took her mind off of those more serious things for the time being. It was all anyone ever thought about anymore and a change of pace was quite refreshing even if she didn't say that out loud. He certainly was confident in himself.

"Well, you're certainly gung-ho about it," she teased.

Up ahead the bandit camp was getting closer and it looked like the doorway that the Crimson Raiders kept locked up tight was now wide open. Brow furrowing, Larissa picked up the pace even further, curiosity driving her forward. She kept her firearm at the ready, just in case but even as she drew closer she could smell the cloying smell of so much spilled blood in one place.

It didn't take long to find a body, crouching down near it and observing the handy work. It looked like someone favored blade over gunfire. Larissa hummed, glancing around. Whoever it had been they'd cleared out the Bloodshots that had run rampant here. At least now the entrance to Sanctuary was less dangerous for those who needed to leave and return.

"Looks like you'll have to show off later, lover boy," Larissa said finally, rising to her feet.

[[OOC: I figure that Zer0 and Gypsy could be a little ahead of Larissa and Axton here but I didn't want to draw out the walk any further than we had to for Larissa and Axton -- it was getting a little bogged down I think. So we can just run with Larissa and Axton getting to Zer0's handy work after Zer0 and Gypsy wandered inside Sanctuary. Sound good?]]
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:03 pm

He didn't charge in, despite the growing need for violence. He was going to draw this out as long as he could. A hologram was placed where he had been standing, pulling out a few bandits as he cloaked.

Like a shadow against the obsidian walls he crept further down towards the camp. Once the hologram disappeared, the bandits fell back to their camp. Unaware of what waited for them.
To say a slaughter ensured would be a gross understatement.

It wasn't that what ensured was a slaughter. No, it was too refined, too calculated to be some mindless form of reaping. This was something else entirely, this was a dance between the living and the soon dead.

Once Zer0 had successfully gotten the attention of the petty bandits it didn't take long for the brutality to unfold. Quick on his feet and with a swift motion, the first bandits head rolled from his shoulders. The shouts and cries didn't even faze Zer0 as he worked. A blade wedged here, a gun aimed there and a few cloaks to stir the chaos.

With each bandit that fell a bloody zero hovered from above, the last thing they'll ever see. A mark to count the dead. Till finally, there was just him. Blood zero still hanging over his head as he surveyed his work, the want for more growing.

A silvery voice quailed his brief fit of violence. In his haze, he'd just about forgotten that his performance would be watched. A swell of pride filled his chest at her comment.

"Thank you Gypsy, I find happiness in strife, I will head on in."

Although, he didn't move through the threshold of the city just yet. Zer0 crouched besides one of the particularly meddlesome bandit and examined his handy work. He leaned against his blade as he pawed with his free hand. Seems his aim was a little shoddy, nicked the artery in the neck rather than slicing it through.

Poor sod must've chocked on his own blood rather than bled ou-

He sheathed his blade immediately, there was a presence in the air. With a quick turn of his head he saw two figures not too far off. The demeanor of both were different than the bandits, one back straight, the other with a feminine air.

{X}

Banshee pouted once more, exhaling sharply from her nose. Anyone else and she'd be throwing petty little spites of wit, that'd probably go over the poor sods head, to deepen the disconnect, but not this time. In fact she almost felt bad and she didn't even know what she did.

All she knew was that she didn't much care for his tone of voice or new attitude, “And we were so close to having a moment,” She rolled her eyes as she spoke, turning for the Catch-A-Ride, “Pity.”

Running her hand over the controls she flicked her fingers over the few preset buttons that would unleash her absolute favorite ride. Bubblegum finish and a killer gun to boot. A warm smile washed the grimace off her face as it materialized before the two. The finish had even been updated since last she used it, Scooter certainly knew how to keep a gal happy.

With a low wolf-whistle, Banshee climbed into her pastel death machine, catching eyes with Salvador as she did so. If it was possible, she'd say he was deep in thought. He had a knowing look about him, the same she supposed she had when she weighed the pros and cons of a job. Almost something forlorn about that look too.

Just like when she found out New Haven was burning. Banshee bite her lip, it was a bitter memory and she regretted leaving the night before it happened. She looked away, acting like she was trying to mess with the glove box, anything for a distraction. Earlier she was eager to have some company on the long drive back to Sanctuary, even if he was gonna be a little brat, now she wasn't too sure.

A smirk etched any bitterness from her face, behind all of it was disbelief. And that disbelief was more than apparent.

“If the color puts you off, you can shoot at anything you fancy with the gun.”

She settled into the drivers seat, running her hands over the fine dashboard. A prideful smile greeted Salvador as she looked back up, before she honked the horn, “Come on I wanna get a nap in before it gets too dark.”

{{OOC; Thank you guys for being so patient! My internet bugged out faster then I anticipated!}}
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Gypsy observed quietly, waiting on him to speak. For a long moment, he simply took to observing around him. If she had to guess, he was proud of himself. She'd seen stranger things, honestly. There were many 'colorful' people around here and some were less subtle with what they did.

Eventually, he did speak up again. His words were careful and precise just like how he fought. She hummed briefly in response, tipping her head back. Tapping her finger against the tabletop, she gnawed at her lip.

"Take your time, Emotes," she answered, a lightness in her tone. "It's not like there's much to worry about out there now."

From what she observed, Zer0 could take care of himself easily. He hadn't even broken a sweat. Those bandits didn't know what hit them. Gypsy would have felt a little bad for them if it wasn't the chaos they caused.

She leaned back, relaxing in her chair. This was a rare feeling, something a little uplifting. Clearly this one Vault Hunter was skilled so what of the others? Were they just as skilled as Zer0 was? Eventually, she figured they'd all find out. They would be tasked with many things, aiding the rebellion.

From the corner of her eye, she watched him stand. His attention was elsewhere for a time. Gypsy took notice to two others joining him a few moments after. A male and Larissa along with him.

"Found another, have we?" she inquired, mostly to herself. "Best get in guys. Several are going to want to meet our two newest additions."

She waited then, debating on if she wanted to leave her home or not. Inhaling a shaky breath, she pushed herself from her seat. She could already feel her stomach twist a little but she quashed it. It was only polite to meet these people face to face.

----[x]----

Axton felt a little more confident knowing that he at least broke a little ice here. Larissa might have been offended but she brushed it off easily. For most here, they must have been accustom to it. Axton knew why and he couldn't imagine losing as many as some would have lost here.

He spared a glance around, squinting his eyes. The glare of the snow was blinding but they pressed on. He wouldn't miss leaving this place for a better populated area. The chill wasn't so much of a bother. He had grown accustom to weather like this, having gone through specific training.

She offered a chuckle, catching his attention again. A grin tugged at his lips and he shook his head. He was a little excited to show off for a pretty lady. It had been a long while since he'd been able to. The last was his ex-wife and things hadn't exactly worked out well in that relationship.

"A little," he mused lightly. "It's not everyday I get to show off to a pretty lady."

The look she shot him left amusement dancing on his features. Her attention turned forward quickly after, surveying the area. Up ahead, he saw a large wall and next to that, what looked like a shoddy area set up by bandits.

As they got closer, he could smell the blood in the air. He shook his head, keeping an eye out for anyone who might be alive. Kneeling down, he investigated one body. The wounds the man sustained were rather precise. Axton shook his head.

"Looks like Zer0's work..." he muttered to himself, rising to his feet. "A damn shame. I was looking forward to having some fun."

Larissa had already motioned toward him, inviting him to follow after. He scoffed lightly at her words, a shake of his head following. It sounded as if she was a lazy type though Axton couldn't be sure. For all he knew, she needed the sleep.

"Well, sounds like a plan," he responded, keeping pace with her. He snorted lightly in response as she taunted him lightly. "I'm sure I'll have another time to show off. Just you wait."

[OOC: Quite alright! Glad to see you back, Canned!]
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Banshee was scoffin' at him again, lookin' as if she swallowed something sour. Salvador waved off her words scoffing right back at her. If she was gonna be bratty then he could be too! Not that he'd admit that much, nah, that'd ruin any fun he could get out of the situation.

"Moments are too cheesy," he argued simply, "more fun for me this way."

He could only watch as she'd taken to heading towards a nearby machine, the Happy Pig Motel sign high above them casting a deep shadow over the ground. Salvador ambled after her, gun still clutched loosely in one hand as he watched her. Her fingers flew over the controls, probably having long since  gotten used to 'em, she seemed the type to like a good drive or two.

The wait wasn't too long though it was in silence. In the sky he could hear some rakks, their squealing noises grating to his ears. He paid it little attention as a vehicle materialized, bouncing slightly on the wheels before settling. Salvador raised an eyebrow, inspecting it carefully.

Pink and almost glossy lookin' it seemed to be in fine condition but that color.... He found his nose wrinkling even as Banshee whistled appreciatively. Already she was making her way to it climbing into the driver's seat. A moment after she'd turned to him, several seconds passing before she goaded him on.

His eyes lit up at the prospect of blowing things up or tearin' into him with a high rate 'a fire. Salvador whooped, already holstering his weapon and starting towards the runner. It was easy to find the right places to use to haul himself up into the gunner's seat. Once he was in place he slapped a handover the side of the runner creating a hollow thunking sound.

"Let's get this show on the road, eh? I wanna bit of target practice!" Before he'd even finished he'd rubbed his hands together, large grin in place on his face, before reaching for the controls. He settled in comfortably, even if his feet couldn't reach the 'floor' of his seating arrangement. He didn't need to be pushing any pedals, all of his buttons where at his hands, after all.

"Ah, the way to a man's heart!" Salvador cheered as Banshee started them off, passing by a skag den. It was easy to unleash death upon the critters as they passed, his laughter mixing with the gunfire. If the ride to Sanctuary kept at it like this he’d have no need to be snippy with Banshee again!

----[x]----
Whatever Axton thought or felt along their little walk did little to break his stride or posture. No doubt a military man like himself had quite the bit of training against such things, rather preferring to look in control and keeping their bearings about themselves at all times. In a way it would make it hard to get a read on him until she came to know him though he didn't seem to be out to cause trouble either so there was little reason for Larissa to try and rush getting to know him.

She allowed a chuckle to pass her lips even as she'd inspected the corpse. Blood had stained the snow red and the body was still warm so whoever had taken to this bit of handiwork would still be in the area. Larissa wasn't so sure about those slices in the corpse, however. What ran around with a blade that made such clean cuts? The psychos much preferred their strange blades that tore and ripped at the flesh, after all.

"Well, maybe you'll get a chance sooner or later," she said light even as she'd risen to her feet.

Larissa waited as Axton investigated the body next, keeping her shotgun in hand and an eye on the area. Just because all was still for the moment meant nothing, that shoddily put together bandit camp could hide quite a few of 'em, after all. It was only when she heard him say something did her eyes dart back to him.

She wasn't sure how this Zer0 was or why he'd taken to slaughtering the bandits though it did make it easier to slip into Sanctuary. That was assuming he wouldn't cause trouble if he saw them out here. Larissa said nothing on the matter, merely nodding her head towards the pathway to Sanctuary. They'd need to ECHO ahead and have the door opened, allowing their passage but that was a small thing compared to fighting off the bandits first.

As they neared the blocked off pathway Larissa saw a dark figure, one that looked as if it might be staring there way. It took a few minutes before they were close enough to really see it, the figure of a lanky man swathed in dark colors, standing almost motionless a distance away, his hand hovering over what must have been a weapon at his waist.

Larissa had the time to swing the barrel of her shotgun up, aiming at the man from afar though she didn't get to do much further than that. Axton had held out an arm, halting her before he'd nudged her shotgun away from the man. Understanding dawned on Larissa's face after a second or so passed.

"So this is your Zer0, hmm?" she wondered, before she'd turned to the mystery man in question, "well, if you're the one who took out the bandits you saved the people of Sanctuary some trouble."

There was no one near him, however, had someone given him directions? It was possible though Larissa wasn't sure who at the moment.

She didn't wait for an answer, instead turning to Axton and patting his broad shoulder briefly as she passed him. "Well, catch up with your buddy, lover boy, I got to ECHO ahead and get our path opened up." With that said she'd step a few yards away, doing just that.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Gypsy's words went unanswered by Zer0, he wasn't ignoring her of course, he was just surprised to see a familiar face again. He took the opportunity to linger back into the shadows and to observe.

Zer0 stood at his full height as he waited for the two to approach, hand resting on his knife, he wanted to be prepared for anything. Despite his gangly figure he was still able to strike a rather imposing figure, he was sure after witnessing the death he had left that they would think the same.

After all, familiar or not, he still really didn't know Axton. Nor did he really trust him, not yet. He'd have to prove himself, the last thing Zer0 wanted if the two were to work together against Handsome Jack was a gun in the front and a tomahawk in the back.

Especially after just being left in that frozen death trap. The three didn't suffer with Claptrap just to be forced to find a way to Sanctuary alone. Although, he must admit, he did prefer how things worked out.

The women however was something else entirely. He had no knowledge of her, although Gypsy seemed to have some relation. Perhaps this was another member of the Crimson Raiders. She certainly had the moxie of one.

He dropped his hand from his knife, giving a slight snicker in response to her statement, "Anything to help, the community I serve, at least for now."

The latter was said in a softer tone as he made way for her to ECHO in. Now was not the time for pleasantries. He was eager to get moving after all, no more distractions if they could manage. With only a brief nod towards Axton, he stated, "Glad you made it out."

Zer0's tone was free of any sarcasm, he was sincerely glad that the group of six hadn't turned to a group of one. That would be a real pity.

The sound of tires crushing snow soon filled the air, much to Zer0's disappointment, he glanced at the women Axton was with. It seemed she had heard it too.

With a hand on his knife, he sighed. It was as if he was being tested before he could enter Sanctuary, to meet Gypsy, to finally have a break after such a hellish few days.

{X}

“With enough fire power you can get to anybodies heart!” Banshee howled, scooting closer to the wheel before revving the engine.

A grin tugged at Banshee's face as it gave a satisfying roar, one that Salvador not only rivaled but matched. With a cry of triumph, she drove haphazardly through the dirt roads and various skag dens. Kicking up dirt, rocks and the occasional skag caught in the treads. It was unlike her to put her precious baby in harms way but, this was a celebration.

Normally, the drive home after being gone so long would seem tedious and extremely lonely, despite being so short. The barren landscape didn't help, something about all that orange and red just repeating and repeating got her homesick for anywhere else.

However, the mere thought of the usually drive put a sting of nostalgia that rivaled the sting of the dust being kicked up into her eyes. Chewing her lip, she squinted in the dust storm she created. The pink was barely visible in the sea of orange.

The sound of bullets cutting through the air and howls of triumph reminded her that she wouldn't be alone on this run. A smile lite up her face as quickly as the barren sea of adobe dust cloaked the two.

It'd take a lot to bring this bubblegum death trap down and a few skags here and there would barely put a dent in her.

"You might want to save up some of that ammo," Banshee screeched over the roar of the engine and bullets, she was just barely audible, "We got a bandit camp parked right in front'a Sanctuary, should get a clear shot after I make this turn."

She coasted the bubblegum death machine away from the edge of the vast mesa that surrounded the outer walls of Sanctuary. Half way down the large stretch of rock the biom lingered into the snowy tundra that littered this half of Pandora.

With the pink on white it would be easier for the various cameras, coy-fully hidden or not, to get a warning shot of just who was heading home. Last thing Banshee wanted to do was to cause a panic for Gypsy. Gal wouldn't expect to see her obnoxious Catch-a-Ride hauling down the road like a bat outta hell firing at anything that moved.

"Get ready!" She hollered, spinning the wheel with both hands.

As the vehicle rounded the mesa Banshee nearly yelped in utter confusion, hitting the brake with both boots. A plum of slush and snow engulfed the vehicle and she broke out in a shivering fit. Weather it was from the cold or the panic was a mystery even to her.

The snow was splotched with blood and three figures stood by Sanctuary's threshold, among them about a dozen more laid on the ground like crumbled trash. One was familiar, a fellow Crimson Raider, the other two were as new as the sod cursing up a storm from above.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Gypsy finally pushed herself out of her home, quietly wandering the streets. A few passersby spared a wave or hello but otherwise she remained on her own. She didn't mind it, preferred it that way in fact. She wasn't comfortable out here, not anymore at least. After the incident, she liked remaining tucked away in her home. 

Rubbing her temples briefly, she warded away any headache that tried to surface from the light. It was more a dull throb at this point and she hoped it wouldn't worsen. These days it could be one thing or the other. 

She shook her head, trying to push it aside. There was no point dwelling on any pains. At this point she was used to them.

Gypsy slowly made her way toward the gate of Sanctuary. It was be nice to see these new faces in person. The camera could only pick up on so much and she rather wanted to speak face to face. 

A slight sigh left her as she stopped in front of the gate. It wouldn't be long now from what she had heard. Larissa was with them as well so she'd get them inside as soon as she could. She glanced up at the sky and hummed briefly wondering if these new Vault hunters could really bring a change in this war.

----[x]----

Axton was quiet after inspecting the body. Zer0 had done a number on these guys and alone to boot. Either he was just bored or really wanted to cut something up. It wasn't uncommon he had discovered. Zer0 was merciless when he wanted to be. He couldn't imagine how someone came to be that way but didn't question it all the same. 

As they started forward again, Larissa raised her shot gun. Axton had caught the figure in the distance quickly and motioned for her to lower her weapon. Zer0 stood not far from them, almost as if he had expected them already. 

"Good to see you're still alive," he brought up, sparing a grin.

He allowed Larissa to speak uninterrupted. If anything she sounded impressed and she should have been. Still, he was a little disappointed that it wasn't him who got to impress her. He shook his head and brushed it off. There'd be another time for all of that. 

She patted his shoulder a moment later, taking the time to speak up. He spared a grin though only shook his head in response. There were things to be done no doubt. 

"Then let's get going," he agreed, starting forward. "Let's go Zer0 or we'll leave you out here."

Axton snorted at the masked man. He followed after Larissa, waiting on her to ECHO them in. From this point on he knew there'd be some things they would have to attend to inside Sanctuary. 
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Banshee's driving was wild and if Salvador cared to make his aim more reliable he'd probably have bitched about it. As it stood it only added a challenge, trying to take down a skag or two before they whizzed right by or before Banshee made a turn to catch it in the treads. She was quiet despite the fact that Salvador had taken to whoopin' and hollerin' as they went–the better to draw some a' the animals out to shoot!

Before his eyes he could spot dusty stretches of land and rocky crags turning to snow and ice though this meant little to him. The cold nipped at his exposed skin but otherwise he was content shooting the bullymongs and skags on their trek. The corpses littered the ground behind them though scavengers would see to those.

A couple of times it seemed Banshee favored taking short cuts, the runner sliding in its turn and throwing Salvador around in his seat. If it wasn't for the fact that he would stop shooting to grab hold of the bar circling him he might have been tossed out on one occasion. This didn't stop him from grinning, in fact he'd hollered playfully at Banshee that she might be out to kill him at this rate.

It wasn't until he'd heard her screechin 'at him over the sound of the runner's engine that he stopped shooting entirely, leaning over to beer at the top of her head. She was still focused on the path she was leadin' 'em on and Salvador was forced to grab hold of the railing again to avoid falling back out of his seat when she took them up a steep incline.

"Ah ha! Bandits got nothin' on me!" Salvador roared back, thumping his fist over his chest.

He leaned forward over the mounted turret's controls, rolling his shoulders in anticipation. Even before she'd shouted to get ready he'd already been that way even as she swung the runner around. It took a moment for Salvador to get a good look at the place, fingers hovering over the triggers. The snow had blinded him after they'd been idling around behind in shadow and he blinked several times. The smoke that rose from runner as Banshee slammed on the brakes hadn't helped, he'd been about thrown right into the turret when she'd done that.

Salvador's grin turned to a frown as he spotted the blood and the corpses. Without much warning he threw himself back into his seat, slapping the turret as if it was the cause of the problem at hand. "Son of a bitch, beaten to the punch! Who the fuck just ruins a guy's fun like that, huh! Who?!"

He continued on in this manner as the runner idled, oblivious to the three figures in the distance who'd be drawn by his shouting.

----[x]----
Larissa wasn't too sure about this Zer0 fellow with the way he dressed but she shoved the thought aside. There were plenty of colorful people on Pandora, after all, she really shouldn't be judging a man by the state of his dress, even if he did seem to take great pains in keeping his face hidden. Perhaps there was a reason for it.

She furrowed her brow when Zer0 spoke. Though he'd seemed to mumble the last portion to himself the way he spoke was familiar. It took a moment to place before Larissa finally asked "did you just speak in haiku?" A moment after she'd shaken her head and started off, reaching for her ECHO device. She didn't miss the almost disappointed look that had flitted over Axton's face though she left that for a later time.

It was a simple matter to reach Lt. Davis, the man was almost always the one serving as gatekeeper and lookout for Sanctuary these days. She'd been halfway through her explanation that they had two of the Vault Hunters out here, waiting to pass through to Sanctuary before the screeching of tires and a man's voice shouting obscenities reach her ears.

Larissa jerked, spinning around to spot a familiar bubblegum pink runner nearby, black smoke still pumping out of its exhaust in small puffs. While the man was unfamiliar to her she knew that runner well, there was only one person she knew who liked to pick that vibrant shade for her vehicles.

Scoffing to herself, Larissa raised a hand in greeting to the driver as she ignored the man she had in the gunner seat. "Yooo, Banshee! Got yourself a rowdy one this time, huh?" she called.

Larissa turned back to the two men near her and gestured for them to move so that Banshee could get her runner closer to the gate. No doubt she was probably confused about the bandits strewn around in the snow like they were. They were always a hassle and in a few days time more of them would replace those that Zer0 had slaughtered, Banshee had probably been rightly predicting a scuffle when she'd rounded that bend, by the sounds of it her companion certainly had.

She turned to Axton then, waiting for Lt. Davis to get to the controls to raise the gate in the meantime. It'd be easier to let Banshee and her runner roll on through first and follow in after the rather beat up vehicle. Already she could hear the mechanics kicking into gear, the gate lowering slowly and rather loudly.

"Disappointed, lover boy?" she teased finally, jerking her head towards Zer0 and his nearby handiwork. A chuckle escaped her at the look on Axton's face before she reached up to pat his cheek, perhaps a little boldly. "You'll get your shot to show off sooner or later!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}   {|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{|Borderlands|} Mercy Me {|Group RP|}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next